IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dexter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5993 3 years ago

Absolute must! These are great mods.

1 month later
#6724 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I decided to add a some bling to my Elvira House of Horrors apron. It now continuously plays all 26 trailers from the 2010 Elvira Movie Macabre season. These are the 26 movies that are used for the game assets. The OLED display looks much better in person than it does in the videos. The scanlines in the video arent there when you see it live.
Would people be interested in this mod?

I tried to stick with the design of the orignal plastic but with a live OLED display in place of the static artwork.
Original plastics:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
New plastics with built in display:
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Very awesome! How can we fit this into the LEs?

#6725 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Yep... Changing a layer or two isn't that big of a deal, it only takes me about 20 minutes to draw the layer and then render the 3D effects for it. If you are looking for something a little customized, just let me know in a PM.
Here is a custom one I did for a Pinsider that has a signature card he wants to put on top of the Lenticular. The Red Box is .25" bigger than his signature card. He is basically using the red box as a frame for his signature card. I moved the eyeball over and moved the Spider and Web as well.
[quoted image]

Tim -

I can't wait to add this to my LE! I will send photos - this will be awesome!

Ryan

#6737 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Yes I was thinking the red circles in the artwork would be changed to be purple to match the LE cabinet art. I'm assuming LE owners would only want a display on the left side of the apron playing all 26 trailers since the right side has the signature plastic.
Does the SE have the same apron plastics as the LE?

I believe the apron plastics are the same - but I like the LE apron plastic - any way to keep that and add the screen rather than purple circles?

Elvira (resized).JPGElvira (resized).JPG
#6739 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I want the screen to be somewhat centered in the plastic and I like the border image to be the film strip frame which doesn't leave a lot of extra room for art like the the big Elvira illustration the LE left apron. That why I thought the eyeball about the film strip and purple background circles would still look good for the LE. The signature card on the right also has the eyeball and purple circles. I could replace the text about "return the b-movie phantoms back to film" with just "Limited Edition" fro the LE version? I'm open to suggestions as to what people would prefer.

I personally would like Elvira cartoon head rather than the eyeball for the LE - just show less of her body to leave room for the video? I like the return to the b movie text rather than the Limited Edition text as that is what the video is showing. Regardless - very cool concept!

#6743 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Wow. Did you look at fitting the mod where the instruction card goes instead?

The Instruction card location on the LE/Signature Editions would be absolute ideal but that would probably mean cutting into the metal apron as I would assume the screen is too thick? That would certainly allow for a bigger screen.

#6815 3 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

Yep... Changing a layer or two isn't that big of a deal, it only takes me about 20 minutes to draw the layer and then render the 3D effects for it. If you are looking for something a little customized, just let me know in a PM.
Here is a custom one I did for a Pinsider that has a signature card he wants to put on top of the Lenticular. The Red Box is .25" bigger than his signature card. He is basically using the red box as a frame for his signature card. I moved the eyeball over and moved the Spider and Web as well.
[quoted image]

YouBentMyWookie apron cards to help bling out my Elvira. Added a piece of her couch from her book as well.

IMG_7745 (resized).jpgIMG_7745 (resized).jpgIMG_7746 (resized).jpgIMG_7746 (resized).jpgIMG_7747 (resized).jpgIMG_7747 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6982 3 years ago

I've got a set of brand new Elvira HOH Stern Art Blades. Purchased for a Premium but ended up buying a LE rather than wait forever for a NIB. I know these are sold out on Stern's site for $79.99 but I think are still available from other companies:
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/elvira-inside-art-blades

Just trying to recoup some cost. Let me know your offer. Thanks!

Ryan

3 months later
#8423 2 years ago
Quoted from Anubis330:

Where did you get those art blades??

I have a official Stern set (never used) but ended up getting a LE so no longer needed. I will sell for $55 plus shipping. Message me if interested.

8 months later
#10676 2 years ago
Quoted from Goyomex:

Note to self….don’t buy a topper from this ^^^guy!

I have only blocked a few people on Pinside - this guy is one of them

#10698 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

Does anyone have the Medisinyl mods and the Crate Mod for Elvira? I was just concerned that it would look over crowded on the left side.

Must have mods! Must Have!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#10700 2 years ago
Quoted from RikeIsland:

I already have both but was just concerned about it looking cluttered. I have to wait until November before I can see for myself.

It looks great. I have all the mods in mine- even the breast pop bumpers. I will post a pic later.

#10736 2 years ago
Quoted from Mageek:

That QR reader is a bloody eye sore on any game , it sure does ruin the look of a $25K Pinball Machine. If it is of any value I would put it on the coin door , Someone made a mod to put it where the bill reader goes.

This is what I have done to all my games - coin door.

2 months later
#11101 1 year ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

Elvira is bangin'
[quoted image]

How did you get the card plastic surround?

6 months later
#12073 1 year ago

Purchased this car off Amazon:

Department 56 Elvira Mistress of The Dark Village Accessories Macabre Mobile Figurine, 2.1 Inch, Multicolor:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09QLCYKWW

Added it to the shooter lane. Fits perfectly and looks great in my opinion.

thumbnail_E701B431-7F2A-4ECA-BF3E-CB669B1751BE (resized).jpgthumbnail_E701B431-7F2A-4ECA-BF3E-CB669B1751BE (resized).jpg
3 months later
#13382 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Anyone

I’ve never heard about them.

I have the PDI gold mirror blades on my MMr. They look incredible!

#13543 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

I did. Box was in good condition but unfortunately small scratch under shooter rod assembly.
[quoted image]

Get the Backalley Creations magnetic blood that goes right under there. It looks awesome and will cover that right up.

7 months later
#16062 6 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

For those that want to add my apron trailer video screen mod, I'll be making a version with art that matches the new black and white with red sparkle accent style. I'll post some pics of the new style when it's done.
However as seen in the pic below, Stern is using the latest metal apron style with a smaller cutout for the Insider Connected scanner on the right side. So I'll just be making the left side single screen version for the Blood Red Kiss Edition.
If interested PM me so I can get an idea of how many to prepare.
[quoted image]

What about making it in the large opening for the instruction card for the Blood Edition?

#16070 6 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

On the right side, that's where the Elvira signature card goes so I'm assuming most people wouldn't want to remove that.
If someone really wanted a dual screen setup than the easiest way to implement that would be to replace the current metal apron with the older metal apron that has been used on premiums and LE games prior to Insider Connected. Pinball Life has some https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-bottom-archapron-with-triangular-cutouts-metal.html
You would then also need to reproduce the new black and white apron decal that fits the old apron style and also redo the art on it to remove the IC instructions have the proper triangular cutout for the right side.
Not sure how many would want to go through all that trouble to add the dual screens vs just using the single screen version.
[quoted image]

I'm talking about one tv screen on the left side where the instruction card is.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#16201 5 months ago

I’ve done the update online and it just says game code update complete on the lcd but never restarts. I shut it off on my own after many minutes and it just reloads the new code and goes through the whole process again. I’m in a vicious circle.

1 week later
#16372 5 months ago
#16450 5 months ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Man, the certificate being taped to that backglass drives me crazy. It took a good 20 minutes to get the tape marks off of ours, thanks to my wife dealing with it.

When will STERN start using painters tape for this? It makes NO SENSE!

#16460 5 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Easy to clean with some glass cleaner, 30 seconds .

That has not been the case with all mine.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dexter.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=Dexter and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.