IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#9612 2 years ago

I finally got to play a pro last night, my daughter and I had a lot of fun playing it. Long shot but someday I hope to find an LE!

Edit I played a Premium I didn’t realize there is no pro of this title.

#9623 2 years ago

I am saving up to buy a premium next year when they run them again, would love to get some opinions for must have mods for this game?

#9631 2 years ago

Thanks for the mod ideas guys! Who carries the best art blades for the game?

I was thinking I have a set of powder coated armor off of my old iron maiden Limited edition that was scratched during shipping, I love the color so I thought I would have all of it re powdered in the same deep red color for Elvira, It is a beautiful color.

Wow there are Some incredibly talented people in this hobby!

#9649 2 years ago
Quoted from ralphwiggum:

It's my number one selling set... I have done about 80 orders for EHOH... It's crazy... This thread has quite a few pics of the regular sized and oversized installed.

I think I prefer the oversized version

Quoted from monte_:

Just got a nib premium. So far plays great. The sound though is not clear. Very scratchy and raspy sounding from elvira voice and callouts. Is that normal?

I’m guessing it was made quite sometime ago? I heard that the next run is until early next year.

#9655 2 years ago
Quoted from greenhoody:

Is it possible

What distributor could I get one from next year and what's the expected cost?

Pm sent

#9662 2 years ago

What was the original MSRP release price of the premium on this game? Also I’ve got to say I’m a bit concerned about what the QR code reader is going to look Like on the apron of Elvira as it is so nice looking, hopefully they won’t make it look to conspicuous compared to how the original looked.

#9674 2 years ago

How do you even buy a stern topper? Is it through distributors or off of Sterns website?

#9718 2 years ago
Quoted from KingVidiot:

What's your source for those numbers?
I just checked Stern's website:
MSRP $8,499 (Insider Connected Equipped $8,799)

What does insider equipped mean?

1 week later
#9764 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

$8799 according to my invoice. I'm just adding the $200 to the original $8599. My invoice overall is a little higher because I'm having the glass replaced with HD Anti-glare and adding the art blades inside as well. I should be getting side armor from Nitro too unless he somehow isn't able to fulfill the order (I've heard the armor is discontinued).

What side armor are you getting and are you getting as an add from Stern?

#9773 2 years ago

Thoughts on the stern shooter rod for $169.00, is it worth it?

#9777 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not unless you need your game to be “complete”.
I bought mine at the original Stern price and not sure it was worth it. Still haven’t installed it.

Definitely seems pricey! Not sure what the original price was, but I would of been a player up to $120.00 but $169.00 seems way too high!

On a side note I do like these side rails for the premium I get someday and at $269 they are reasonably priced.

5E346A72-8E5C-4350-8821-5D235A1EF646 (resized).jpeg5E346A72-8E5C-4350-8821-5D235A1EF646 (resized).jpeg
#9780 2 years ago
Quoted from gambit3113:

Are the side rails in stock anywhere? I do want those. But I don’t like the feel of anything other than the standard, stock shooter knob.

Quoted from jfh:

Original cost of the shooter rod was either $79.99 or $89.99 - I don’t remember.
I like the side rails and would put them on a Premium if (a) I could buy the side rails anywhere and (b) I had a Premium

PM’s sent those are the last two sets of side rail that I know of, so if you guys don’t want them and anyone else here needs a set just pass the link onto them.

#9782 2 years ago

If anyone has a lead on a topper that is reasonably priced please keep me in mind.

Edit: Long shot, but if anyone is thinking about selling their LE PM me.

#9786 2 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Wait, where are are the side rails available?

Sorry man Nitro had 2 sets but they are gone now.

2 weeks later
#9920 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

I was literally just no-quoted despite the distributor having open allotment *AND* me having a Premium on order with deposit paid.
Makes me want to rethink who I am using as a distributor.

I don’t understand what does that mean, if they have games available why wouldn’t they give you a quote?

#9928 2 years ago

I’m just hoping that Stern can run the premiums along with these anniversary editions at the same time and hopefully they can be made in December.

On a sidenote for $25,000 do you think Stern would at least throw a topper in with the game!

#9979 2 years ago
Quoted from Beowulfz07:

I still wouldn’t swop my Mando for it, just my opinion but having had almost 40 pins in 3 years Mando is the best pin I’ve had / played

I guess we will agree to disagree then, I feel the exact opposite I Much prefer Elvira over Mando!

#9998 2 years ago

The game is beautiful, would of been nice if the powder coated the coin door.

#10029 2 years ago

What a disaster! Forklifts and pinball machines

2 weeks later
#10115 2 years ago
Quoted from NC_Pin:

The rumor is that it got pushed well into 2022, and no guarantees it will happen at all in 2022. Nothing confirmed- just a wild rumor at this point.

Dang it! My Local arcade has one I can play, but I can’t drive so I have to wait for my wife to take my there every couple weeks. As much as I love my Godzilla LE maybe I will float it out there as trade bait to see if someone is ready to cut loose with there Elvira LE.

1 week later
#10162 2 years ago
Quoted from Rpabech:

I heard from my distributor yesterday that Elvira was pushed to Dec 2022.

Unfortunately this appears to be true, but you never know they could come a little sooner than that.

1 month later
#10454 2 years ago
Quoted from Zaquar:

Anyone know if stern is making more toppers or done?

I spoke with Melissa at Cointaker yesterday and she told me that Stern is definitely making more EHOH toppers, but like everything else from Stern they are behind on production.

2 weeks later
#10626 2 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Well, I sure hope these new toppers are going to actual Elvira owners without them and not opportunistic scalpers.
I’m beginning to think that Stern should do what CGC did with Cactus Canyon - if you want a topper you have to order it with your game or like what PPS is doing with the mirrored backglass - limit of one per game purchased and only through the distributor that sold you the game.

I just got my topper and I should have my side rails soon, as a matter of fact I have almost every mod for Elvira that I had planned on getting. The only thing I’m lacking is the actual game, I like most who have been waiting on a premium got shafted on this last run, so count me as a guy who owns a topper but doesn’t own a game.

#10629 2 years ago

Anyone got a Stern shooter rod they’re willing to part with at a somewhat of a friendly price? PM me. Also can someone tell me where to buy the magnetic speaker panel cover and speaker lights in the picture below. “ Wizard Mod's magnetic speaker art Wizpanel”

ADB57E92-C362-434F-9A4C-ACCC7F9DE0B6 (resized).jpegADB57E92-C362-434F-9A4C-ACCC7F9DE0B6 (resized).jpeg
1 month later
#10809 2 years ago

For the guys who have the Stern spiderweb armor did you drill the cabinet for the extra screw?

#10831 2 years ago

I have been collecting mods for quite a while and was going through my box of goodies and found this, I can’t remember what it’s for where it goes...

12E442AB-3E4C-47ED-BDFC-B8011017EB5F (resized).jpeg12E442AB-3E4C-47ED-BDFC-B8011017EB5F (resized).jpeg
#10847 2 years ago
Quoted from Svente69:

Have a look in this german Gameroom.
The owner asks which is the most beautiful version?
My favorit is the 40th Edition. [quoted image]

If this guy was a true Elvira fan he would have toppers on all 4 games!

#10867 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

I hope your distro is able to come through. I ordered mine almost a year ago and I'm still not 100% confident that I'll get it when they build them in Nov/Dec. Hopeful, but not confident.

Yea allotments are all sold out at every Distro for the Nov run and I have a feeling that no one is going to get the # of games they put in for.

#10878 2 years ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I LOL'd when I saw this. Nice try Gameroom Goodies
[quoted image]

I’m still hoping to get the Stern Armor that I ordered last year, I’m told it’s coming but supply chain issues have delayed Stern from getting it made.

#10880 2 years ago

Brought this over from another thread, maybe you guys can answer this for me. What is Elvira considered since like BM66 it did not have a pro version, I had thought it was a Kapow title but apparently it is not.

D6013C4F-F409-4E57-A203-FAF15A94C443 (resized).jpegD6013C4F-F409-4E57-A203-FAF15A94C443 (resized).jpeg
#10883 2 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

It was answered in the first sentence of the first post. Stern refers to titles such as Batman '66 and Elvira as Studio Titles.
Stern's designations are: Cornerstone Title, Studio Title, Vault Edition, The Pin/Pin/Home Edition

The pinball manufacturers are private companies and do not publish financial data including production numbers.

So studio titles don’t have Pro models or are Elvira and BM66 exceptions?

1 week later
#10950 2 years ago
Quoted from Ruenin:

Wow. I haven't been contacted by my distro yet, but I'm going to have to start questioning the rationale of spending $10K on what is effectively a toy. Going from $8400 to $8700 was hard enough. The only real upside is that I know it's an investment that will hold its value.

Not much incentive for Stern to run more at this point when they can keep dragging their feet and raising the price every few months.

7 months later
#12170 1 year ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

Another little piece of information needed please. The game I'm getting has the Medisynal mods set on it already. But. I've also seen a nice cover for the left ramp ball lock. Apparently that isn't Medisynal?? Who makes it, and is it still available? I don't see it for sale anywhere.
Thanks in advance

This?

87A2527C-59F2-4AD1-A13A-58583F9E5DCE (resized).png87A2527C-59F2-4AD1-A13A-58583F9E5DCE (resized).png
#12172 1 year ago

That's not what I have stuck in my mind, but that's pretty neat! Is that available anywhere? The one I think I've seen was more like the coffin on the right side by Medisynal

Here is a video of it it’s very well made and has some random modes that are cool

Edit: link to thread with info on mod..
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/twd-the-crate

#12233 1 year ago

Question from reading this thread it sounds like the early run premiums and limited editions had some issues and needed a lot of dialing in and the later run premiums were pretty well dialed him from the factory. Did most of you LE owners have to do quite a bit of tweaking to get your games to play right out of the box?

#12271 1 year ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Your absolutely right n I did but that damn cancer crept back up on me n is putting a whooping on my bank account. Lol. I’m going to figure out something one way or another I’m only going to live once n I want Elvira I’ve waited over a year n cancer anit taken it from me if I can help. Lol.

Very sorry to hear this brother! get the game if you can, you deserve it!

#12305 1 year ago

In case anyone is looking for an game in this next run...

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/148114

#12320 1 year ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

Does anyone have one of those triangular EHOH plastic inserts leftover after you installed Insider Connected on your apron, you're willing to part with?

I was wondering about this myself, for the new EHOH games with insider connect if you are relocating it to the coin door what do you do to plug the hole on the apron?

2 months later
#13008 1 year ago
Quoted from Geeterman1:

After watching various videos I came to the personal conclusion that Doug’s kit, for reasons he has mentioned, looks best. It might cost me a bit more to buy speakers and then his kit, but not by much and I think it’s worth it. Just my 2 cents.

X2 don’t try and cut corners here go with Doug’s kit, you get what you pay for!

#13085 1 year ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

A used premium non-studio should be $8200ish used, a low run and highly regarded studio like EHOH will land at $9500ish used (IMO). I guess that could change some once it's officially discontinued (I wonder if that will happen right after this run, or at the end of the year).

Can someone explain the difference between a regular premium and a studio title and why the studio titles cost more?

#13089 1 year ago

Hey Coaster quick question when you’re playing the game does the crate mod interfere with your view of Gonks dog house or do they go together pretty well it’s hard to tell from the pictures.

Quoted from coasterguy:

Machine - For Sale

Elvira's House of Horrors (Limited Edition) EXTRAS

As new - New out of box (first owner) - “UPDATED PRICING so read this again.
$15,500 no topper. $16,500 With the topper.
HERE she goes. literally.

Original owner here and I took her in the house the day before expo...”

8 days ago

Dixon, IL
(1,582 mi)

coasterguy

15,500 (Firm)

#13173 1 year ago
Quoted from sublime90803:

I'm going to move it to the coin door and put the original plastic back in there. Other than that it's playing great so far. [quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get the original plastic to replace it with?

#13201 1 year ago
Quoted from sizzler747:

So what are the odds that Stern will make more Elvira toppers?

And side armor

#13214 1 year ago

Curious when you guys get a game in on FedEx do you cut it open to inspect for hidden damage while the driver standing there or do you just sign for the game as long as the box looks good?

#13244 1 year ago

I wonder if this run of EHOH is actually sold out with most distro’s, I’ve heard of some drop outs due to the price increase. If anyone wants this game I think it would be risky to assume Stern will ever run it again.

On a side note do the crypt doors on the right side of the playfield actually shut all the way on these newly produced games?

#13275 1 year ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

1 just sold on ebay for $1699

So after EBay fees you got $1000

#13441 1 year ago

Is it just me or does the EHOH playfield seem heavier than most other stern playfields?

#13529 1 year ago
Quoted from solid_snake:

Just unboxed and all set up
And I found this little piece in the shipping box. Any idea where it goes?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

LMAO probably a few hundred places you could check.

#13533 1 year ago
Quoted from JKKeogh:

Anyone know where to get the crypt roof mod? I made the mistake of taking a close look at the one that’s on there and now I can’t unsee the light through the peak of the roof.

Pinsider Swoods was selling them, shoot him a note he may still have some.

1771B7F9-D898-43BF-B091-7576ECEC147F (resized).jpeg1771B7F9-D898-43BF-B091-7576ECEC147F (resized).jpeg
#13633 1 year ago
Quoted from Good-Times:

The Kenwoods are not very good - if you're swapping speakers out then a little more gets you the amazing Kicker CS5 speakers. They're way better (I've tried a multitude of brands). For the cabinet woofer, the limiting factor is the lack of power (is it 16w coming from the onboard amp?) rather than the driver. I've tried a few different options and all have disappointed until I've run an external sub amp. If you're really keen on doing it, you'll want to go for a driver with the highest sensitivity you can find (meaning it requires less power to achieve the same volume level as a less efficient one), and as high a QTS figure as possible (the compliance rating of its suspension, as being inside a pinball cabinet is effectively like running a free-air baffle, which most subwoofers do not like and will bottom out far too easily).

So your saying the Kicker CS5 perform much better than the Kenwood speakers? Which Kicker are you using it seems there are 2 different CS5 speakers...

5D195BE8-1164-4EBB-8CBB-8B4B63CEC3BB (resized).jpeg5D195BE8-1164-4EBB-8CBB-8B4B63CEC3BB (resized).jpeg

#13636 1 year ago

Crate mod is pretty awesome and extremely well made.. some cool tech in this thing!
Quick note for you guys just unboxing your games, might want to turn down the kick out power or put a protector on Your Shooter lane. Stern has it jacked up pretty high from the factory and it can damage the right side of the lane if left un protected. I went ahead and threw on one of these new style protectors on day one.
07D23106-01F6-47A2-9C6D-BA2EE6C2082E (resized).jpeg07D23106-01F6-47A2-9C6D-BA2EE6C2082E (resized).jpeg

A26B36CB-A771-41F0-A0D5-BB0AD7F3CEFD (resized).jpegA26B36CB-A771-41F0-A0D5-BB0AD7F3CEFD (resized).jpeg
#13638 1 year ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Zach Attack
[quoted image]

Where was that photo taken? And if you are with Zach ask him when the next run of Stranger Things is coming (couldn’t help but notice the giant STH poster)

#13693 1 year ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

Well lot of issues that folks hoped would have been fixed from years ago are not fixed, I doubt stern is gonna change anything at this point.
I got my deposit in and might get my machine this week or next, but I am getting worried that all these new owners reporting similar problems.
Have any recent arrivals of the new run been in good working order all around for anyone here?

My game plays great, made a small adjustment to the crypt VUK and I’ve had no issues.

#13818 1 year ago

Man sorry to hear the about problems guys!
I wanted to share a few pics of Doug’s speaker light kit install. I went ahead and went with the Kenwood speakers like what Stern uses in their LE games I know there are better speakers but these are a nice improvement over the factory speakers which are junk. I used Doug’s 5 1/4” plates so I could go with the larger speaker. Shout out to Doug for the well thought out installation instructions, I have a difficult time with installing mods anymore as my brain is fried this kit was really easy to install and looks great.. also You can set it to any color you want or to cycle through all the colors.

1BD1A47E-5DE9-4A5B-B6D9-39F1EFF47863 (resized).jpeg1BD1A47E-5DE9-4A5B-B6D9-39F1EFF47863 (resized).jpeg3CAAB08C-8E4E-45EA-B332-2039E5738A50 (resized).jpeg3CAAB08C-8E4E-45EA-B332-2039E5738A50 (resized).jpeg6E62C0F8-D03D-459F-BFCE-F62BE4E1D623 (resized).jpeg6E62C0F8-D03D-459F-BFCE-F62BE4E1D623 (resized).jpegE64A7F7C-8DBF-4DDA-AEAE-143396081EF8 (resized).jpegE64A7F7C-8DBF-4DDA-AEAE-143396081EF8 (resized).jpegF5B9F8D9-851A-4F23-94AA-69B3FE4BC1A1 (resized).jpegF5B9F8D9-851A-4F23-94AA-69B3FE4BC1A1 (resized).jpeg

#13850 1 year ago

Reminder for new owners.. Incase anyone is unable to dial in the crypt VUK this is a very helpful solution...

Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I just finished an updated tutorial regarding the VUK. If anyone is having issues with the consistency of shots fired from the VUK, this may help. This is an update to my previous game adjustments video for EHOH.
How to fix the VUK:

Game Adjustments (ball guide, crate, and VUK)

#13880 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

This is my temporary solution. Worked great[quoted image]

Dang I’m surprised it needs to be pulled out that far! I loosened the ball guide screw on mine and adjusted the rail all the way out (pictured below) and it’s perfect now. It clears the left sling on the left orbit shots and spins right orbits smoothly. I don’t get how there could be so much variation from game to game.

E0D889DE-5B4A-4BB0-A041-18C6A8AF7FAA (resized).jpegE0D889DE-5B4A-4BB0-A041-18C6A8AF7FAA (resized).jpeg

#13895 1 year ago
Quoted from Meadows22:

Is there anyone who hasn't had any issues out of box with this current run?
Kind of troubling about all the issues I'm seeing.

Mine was pretty close, I had to do a VUK adjustment to get it consistent and then a few other small adjustments (left orbit rail) but now the game is playing perfectly, I absolutely love it!

#13905 1 year ago

Question when is the turret on the house supposed to spin? When I start a game the turret spins after that I don’t really pay attention because I’m not looking up at it a lot, in what modes does it spin?

#13911 1 year ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

It will spin when you lock a ball in the garage. This is an option in the settings.
It will also spin in House Party when the super jackpot is lit. Collecting the super when the eye is facing you will add a ball (the only add-a-ball in the game).
It will also spin during Attic Attack multiball representing the super jackpot on each of the four sides.
If there are other instances, they are not coming to mind at the moment.

This game is incredible! Lyman = GOAT!

#13916 1 year ago

Question on the back box hinges, if I want to remove them to powder coat them do I have to remove the back box to take the hinges off or if I remove them with the back box up will the bolts that hold the back box up on the back of the game hold the back box in place so that I can just remove both hinges and leave the back box in the upright position on the game?

I was thinking about trying the color and finish below on my premium still need to talk to my powder guy about it.
365BFF23-A584-4172-9EDE-359B9485B3F0 (resized).jpeg365BFF23-A584-4172-9EDE-359B9485B3F0 (resized).jpeg

#13927 1 year ago

Are you aware that you can remove a couple plastics, loosen the 1/4" screw that holds the guide, and adjust it? The guide is slotted intentionally so it can be moved. I believe only the earliest builds weren't slotted.

It won’t adjust out that far, I’m guessing he removed the screw from the slotted bracket to get it to move out that far.

#13986 1 year ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I tried all the other "fixes" (cupping the plunger, repositioning the assembly) and this is the only thing that worked for me -
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/156#post-6223813
How to do it -
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/156#post-6225405
My VUK has been 100% reliable ever since.

Very interesting I thought it was just me but I did notice a difference when I was trying to dial in my VUK and putting the gargoyle on changed the trajectory of the VUK eject by quite a bit. So you’re saying just bend the top of the VUK up approximately 1/8 of an inch?

#14019 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

Regarding Mylar is it sticky glued down? Is there an issue with yellowing or removing paint? I assume you wax the area first? I’ve never added Mylar before.

I always wax before I apply Mylar to a playfield, It will still adhere just fine, but if you ever need to get it off you will be able to remove without damaging anything.

#14040 1 year ago
Quoted from FlopTube:

How’s everyone’s playfields holding up near vuk eject area? Mine is a crater fest. I’m sure they all look like that just sucks to see a new game take such a beating

Stern must have gotten into a batch of hard wood on this latest run of playfields, I just went over mine with a bright light from all angles and see almost no signs of dimpling.

#14071 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I know this is an owners thread so I do apologize if this is out of line, but I’m waiting on this last run have been on order going on a year. But I was hearing in other threads or under the surface about how Elvira is just a fan layout and the shots are easy. So that’s my long preamble to asking how we compare to Godfather LE now that Elvira is close to the same price. I understand not the same price but GF LE comes with invisible glass and shaker and premium hot rails and is not just a fan layout.
I’m not. Great player so sometimes an easy shooter might help make me feel better, nothing worse than a deep complicated pin with modes that are so hard I can’t get out of first gear. Also other games like MM or AFM are just fan layouts that seems to be ok for them.
I understand that I will need to play them both just asking how the value proposition is now if you said Elvira with shaker and invisible glass would be $11k or if we got a topper on Elvira it would cost the same as Godfather LE.
Sorry if that’s a bad question to have but does anyone see my point now that Elvira is so much more than some other pins I paid $3300 less when I got my SW premium than this Elvira premium. I understand prices have gone up etc.
Anyway I’m going to play Godfather and Elvira on location this weekend to decide, just wanted to get anyone’s opinion’s especially if you have played godfather.
If this is the wrong place to answer feel free to send me a PM
Thanks.

Elvira = Lyman magic!
There is no question whether or not it’s a great game! As for GF it’s to early to tell. I noticed people over on the GF thread spent some time bashing Elvira and comparing how much more value you get with GF. That may be (pound for pound), but the question is will GF turn out to be a great game? If your talking Dollar for dollar value, which it seems they like to do in the GF thread look at TS and GNR, you can buy both already for thousands less than what they sold for new. Will GF go the same way, I hope not but it’s a risk! Try finding an Elvira for thousands under MSRP.. you won’t because Bells and whistles aside it’s just a damn good game, it has already stood the test of time.

Last note you can jam everything and the kitchen sink into a game but that does equal fun game play.

#14092 1 year ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Okay folks
I have tried and ruined 2 VUK plungers
The original and one that arrived today trying to modify it to cradle the ball
Can anyone by chance make me a plunger with that slight scallop in it to cradle the ball to ensure it centers up and out the top
Mine in both just dribble out
I had it close maybe 1 miss out of 3 then pulled it out again to “tweak” and must of actually made it worse
Of course I’ll pay for the VUK part and someone to perform the modded part
Message me please

I am not sure exactly what went wrong on your attempt but if you got off center while grinding it try using a small burr to make a pilot hole dead center on the plunger so that The large burr stays centered while you are making your scallop cut.. Again not sure if that’s what went wrong but if it is that should help you stay centered... Remember take your time, remove a small amount of material and check it, If Cut tries to go off-center adjust as necessary.

#14193 1 year ago
Quoted from docquest:

No it's the same screen manufacturer just different model if screen with slightly different size.
New order will have slightly better candy included than the initial runs did.

are you offering a right side monitor so that the scanner can be moved to the coin door and the monitor can take its place?

#14258 1 year ago

So has anyone been successful in getting the deadhead family crypt doors to close completely, it seems like when I got my machine that they were closed and after the first few games a gap opened up and that is the way they been ever since, is there an adjustment to close them?

#14267 1 year ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Hello Pinsiders... my buddy needs help on his NIB EHOH. He just opened the game this weekend and is having these issues:
1) Both flipper bats won't stay up to cradle the ball. They flip up, then instantly drop.
2) The game completely goes dark (except the monitor) then about 3-4 seconds later it boots back up
3) The left side of House where it says Lock 1 2, the ball gets stuck in there (under left back ramp) and continually tries to eject the locked ball.
He's not on Pinside, so I said I'd reach out to see who can offer any suggestions for him to get it running right.
He's very frustrated dropping $10+G's and having to deal with it, when he's not very mechanically inclined.
Thanks for any help
Kerry

Damn it seems like the first haunt you start with this game is when you unbox it! I will say once it is dialed in it is well worth the trouble but it would be nifty if Stern would put in a little more effort to get these things dialed in at the factory so we didn’t have to do it at home considering what their charging for it FFS!

#14270 1 year ago
Quoted from rai:

I'm thinking about passing on my scheduled Elvira die to the multi reported issues with this run, I am not mechanically inclined, any pin can have problems but often it'll will be a switch adjustment here and there but I don't want to do major tear downs to fix the house and the scoop etc..

Don’t let it scare you off, my game has only needed an adjustment to the VUK and now I need to make a minor adjustment on the crypt door. The other thing to factor in is that there is no guarantee Stern will run the game again.

#14273 1 year ago

OK if anyone gets time whenever you have your playfield up (no rush) I need two pictures,

I need one of how the start button is plugged in I noticed there’s a separate bundle of wiring below the Start button that is not plugged (see pic) and I also noticed tonight that mine doesn’t light up so I want to make sure the correct wires are plugged into it.
The other a picture I need is a little trickier it is the top piece of linkage that opens and closes the deadhead crypt, it’s hard to get an angle on, with the playfield up this is what the top of the link looks like (see pic) I want to see if mine is correct. It appears that the nut holding it on it’s not screw down all the way but I can’t screw it down any farther, the link has a lot of play in it.. seems like it should screw down farther and have a washer on it.. I wanted to know if all of yours look the same, have lotta play in them, and are not threaded down all the way and have no washer?

5735CE01-7225-4B71-9590-35584F4F7AC6 (resized).jpeg5735CE01-7225-4B71-9590-35584F4F7AC6 (resized).jpegC0F126CE-9324-4C46-AEB6-A1CBD45280A0 (resized).jpegC0F126CE-9324-4C46-AEB6-A1CBD45280A0 (resized).jpeg

#14277 1 year ago

Thank you! Odd that your link has that white stuff in it, I wonder what that is? my link has quite a bit of play in it there and the play is what causes the gap in the crypt door. The door gap isn’t too bad but I have adjusted it out as far as I can, without tightening the play in that link I cannot remove the rest of the gap.

#14279 1 year ago

Really with all the worries you have, I would pass cause there is never guarantees with pins. And really if this stuff is a concern, don't buy any pins NIB, buy used that are in good shape and known to be working in good shape.

I think you make a pretty good point here, finding a dialed in game might be a good way for him to go, but also normally involves shipping which creates its own set of problems. So if he could find a local game for sale that would be ideal.

#14281 1 year ago

So question guys, if I need parts for my game under warranty do I contact my distributor for Stern directly?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#14283 1 year ago
Quoted from vikeking27:

Well, I’ve contacted my distributor, who in-turn contacted Stern, who in-turn did not reply, so I responded to them both asking for support again and got no reply, and it’s been like a month. Stern sucks.
Took them almost a year to get me a replacement T-Rex for my JP Premium, took them almost 2 years for some parts for Deadpool (I'd sold it by the time the parts showed up). So far zero response on Elvira. Even with very polite and professional monthly inquiry as to the status of the open issue. Maybe I should've e-mailed them every day, not sure?
Took them about 8 months to send me a replacement wi-fi dongle for an IC connected kit.
I don't believe anyone that says Stern has great customer service at this point. Not sure it matters who you contact.
Sorry, rant over - start with the distributor.

OK well luckily I don’t need much finally found a LED to try on my start button and it worked that’s the first bad LED I’ve ever had. As for the bushing in my crypt linkage piece I won’t even bother with Stern I don’t wanna wait two years for it, I found this hard plastic bushing in my parts box I think it will work. It just sucks because it’s a PITA to get to and I don’t have shit for dexterity in my left hand anymore... Thanks Stern!

C331180E-A99F-413C-8BD6-C639567CF3E0 (resized).jpegC331180E-A99F-413C-8BD6-C639567CF3E0 (resized).jpeg
#14289 1 year ago
Quoted from ZoraShinoda:

Your mileage may vary. Go through your distributor, My shooter lane cover is crooked on the apron, I contacted my distributor. He contacted Stern, gave me a warranty replacement number, he said they will ship me a new apron. He just doesn't know when.
So we will see how long it takes to get. Comms from me to disti and back with warranty order number was around 1 week.
See pic below, just cosmetic at least so not affecting gameplay.
[quoted image]

Thanks for the tip!
By the way anybody who is getting this game NIB especially if you’re putting art blades on it I would recommend getting a set of these cabinet protectors to protect your blades. Trust me you’re going to have the playfield up and down more than a few times by the time you get her dialed in and odds are without these protectors you’re going to scratch or tear your blades.

844C015D-4A9E-463F-8691-246770557F15 (resized).jpeg844C015D-4A9E-463F-8691-246770557F15 (resized).jpeg
#14291 1 year ago

Well that was a bit of a pain in the ass because I had to do it twice.
As shown in the pic below my game came without a bushing in the crypt linkage so the crypt door wouldn’t shut all the way and it had a bunch of slop in it. I took the Crypt linkage off and modified a bushing by shaving it down thinner and put it all back together. I then realized the bushing was to thin so I took it apart again and installed a new thicker bushing and this time it worked perfectly. So if your crypt door has a lot of slop in it and won’t shut all the way check the bushing on the upper linkage. The top picture is how the linkage was before bottom pic is after.

1E5DC6E3-EB69-4A54-A3C6-3F6A8BC6B060 (resized).jpeg1E5DC6E3-EB69-4A54-A3C6-3F6A8BC6B060 (resized).jpeg75D1E898-B968-4626-B30F-84E22A92F813 (resized).jpeg75D1E898-B968-4626-B30F-84E22A92F813 (resized).jpeg879CD814-A36F-456E-891E-6FE76EA22C69 (resized).jpeg879CD814-A36F-456E-891E-6FE76EA22C69 (resized).jpeg
#14294 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

What is the process for removing the crypt housing to access this bushing and can you share what bushing you used (the size)?
Thanks!

I’m in appointments all day today, when I get home I can measure it for you. Is your bushing missing? you should be able to lift your playfield and peek in underneath the crypt from the side and see if it’s there or not.

#14329 1 year ago
Quoted from per3per3:

What is the process for removing the crypt housing to access this bushing and can you share what bushing you used (the size)?
Thanks!

House comes off pretty easy I’m not near my game now but if you need to get it off I can snap a few pics of what you need to unscrew tomorrow. It’s basically 2 Phillips screws and a 1/4” screw and then very carefully lift it out. The bushing size is .. 1/4” OD / 1/8” ID

#14338 1 year ago
Quoted from ScottAM2000:

I see a lot of people doing deep dives into “fixes” right out the gate with this NIB pin. I think while Stern has room for improvement on their Quality Assurance. Only issue I have experienced this run is the ball getting stuck in the house or not triggering the haunts. I am reading folks start tinkering with VUK, or tinkering with the that. Stern seems to respond. And apply fixes. This pin is what 4-5 years old now. Heck the newer ones come Stern connected. They have drop protectors on the playfield. I have played a couple 100 games in 2 weeks. Haven’t had the VUK issues that seemed to plague the earlier runs. My point is maybe slow the roll a little bit. Sure do all the prep and protecting stuff. I wouldn’t dive in and fix things you don’t know are broken. Just my thoughts.

My VUK issues ended up being caused by my medicinal mod casket, When I took off the casket the VUK worked perfectly when I put it back on there was some kind of interference happening. All I had to do was slightly bend the scoop on the VUK up and it fixed the problem. The fix is shown a few pages back in this thread.

#14360 1 year ago
Quoted from Tinnhound:

Hey guys, just joined the club 2 weeks ago, something has been wrong with my crypt since I got it. it raises to half open, the green arrow in front of it flashes, but you can't shoot the ball in since the door is half open/closed. I removed the opto board , plugged it back in and checked the optos in switch test, all three are working, I went into the crypt test cycled it thru a bunch of times, it stays half open every second cycle it seems. Has anyone else had this problem??

If your talking about the crypt door did you check the linkage to make sure it’s not binding? the bushing in my door linkage was missing from the factory and there was so much play in the linkage that it was causing some random binding in the linkage if I tried to adjust the door motor so that the door would shut all the way when closed.. I installed bushing and it took the play out of the linkage, then I was able to adjust the door gap. May not be what’s wrong with your game but it’s worth a look.

6 months later
#15917 6 months ago
Quoted from Medisinyl:

The SE is still leaps and bounds beyond the other versions.
Has the embossed, foil Cab similar to the 40th, but with the proper red couch, and no "sticker" art. Many seem to not know the SE has that, and it's perhaps the most gorgeous cab I've seen.
This one does look nice though.

I was surprised to see they also used the embossed foil cabinet artwork on this Blood Red Kiss Edition as well. I figured they would just throw stickers on it like they did on the original LE. I have to say, Stern threw the kitchen sink at this game, this is what an LE should look like!

#15929 6 months ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

At this price point it should include the topper. I like the cabinet art a lot but the playfield and back glass should be in color.

Not gonna argue that it should include a topper, but considering what you get in the standard LE package in most other games, this blows them away! You are getting metallic embossed sparkled cab decals, (same as Batman SLE) sparkle playfield artwork, mirror sparkled backglass, apron and plastics, dagger shooter rod, and way nicer armor and powder coat than what the last handful of LE’s have come with. Honestly, this package makes most of their recent LE look like premiums.

#15942 6 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

No HD glass, no shaker. It's like a 40th and premium hybrid on features.

Interesting where did you hear that?

#15946 6 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Read the advertisement. Stern doesn't include features without advertising them. If they did, it would be a first.

OK I wasn’t sure so the 40th anniversary didn’t have HD glass or Shaker either? This is the only feature matrix I can find.

IMG_8632 (resized).jpegIMG_8632 (resized).jpegIMG_8671 (resized).jpegIMG_8671 (resized).jpeg
#15963 6 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Nothing concrete yet, but Zach says BRKE should come with a shaker and HD glass just like all other LEs.

This is what I have heard as well.

#15982 6 months ago
Quoted from BallyKISS1978:

At least JP30th has a complete different art package.

It does? News to me, I haven’t really been following JP30th. I would say this blood red edition art package qualifies as very unique, if not new. This game looks great no matter what model you purchase so you can’t really go wrong with it!
On a sidenote, watching the live streams from the factory it looks like the red sparkle on the Playfield is over the top, the people there said it was beautiful. I couldn’t really capture it trying to screenshot from the video, but it appeared to be a heavier sparkle than JJP uses on their playfield. The entire flamingo in this pic and apparently most all the red areas on the playfield are all sparkle. The guys who did the factory tour said it’s stunning.

IMG_8659 (resized).jpegIMG_8659 (resized).jpeg

#15996 6 months ago
Quoted from calprog:

Very cool looking however, I will take my loaded and modded LE all day! The color backglass on the LE is killer. The best I have ever seen on a Stern game. And the added kicker is all the signatures of the people involved in the game included on the LE! Plus we have a shaker mortar and invisible glass. Plus, the price is 3000 cheaper.

I just wanted to confirm the blood red edition does come with HD glass and shaker per Evan at Stern.

Quoted from jake35:

How many current owners are thinking of buying this one? I don't want to sell my #11/50 SLE but man this looks good, just no way to justify owning two of these.

IMHO The SLE will always be the top tier model, I would love to own one someday but I doubt I could afford to pony up the $$$$.

#15999 6 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Nothing to worry about there. You will be able to buy one for 11k two months from now.

Yeah, and then it will cost you $850 to have it shipped to wherever you’re located (checked w/$STI$ lately) and risk having it damaged getting it there. Is it worth the savings to buy a used game later? I guess everyone has their own opinion on that.

#16009 6 months ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Inviglass and red playfield? I'm not really seeing that many upgrades here. Time will tell though.
Not many NIB purchases keeping their value right now. I don't see how this one which is basically the same game as previous versions will either.

Besides the other stuff - sparkle playfield, arch, cool powder armor & one off B/W sparkle red mirror backglass The “exclusive foil, embossed cabinet art with red sparkle” is what I think looks the most incredible! Don‘s Pinball podcast did a little live podcast from his tour at Stern yesterday and he did a walk around on the game, the cabinet looked ridiculously good!
Again, my favorite of all the versions is the SLE but of all of the EHOH obviously this one stands apart from all the rest has the most unique IMHO.

1 week later
#16125 5 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I'm back in for a Red Kiss but now I'm scared because I saw this.... Has anyone confirmed with Zach if this is true?
[quoted image]

That post from Kaneda is 8 months old.

1 week later
#16397 5 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Awesome!
I had asked this before and I know someone replied that it did but thanks for confirming.

Yeah, I contacted Evan at Stern‘s about this two weeks ago and he confirmed the upgraded glass and Shaker.
As for those receiving their BRK edition, I am very curious to hear if Stern has them dialed in a little bit better than the last round of premiums that they ran which had a lot of QC issues.

#16404 5 months ago
Quoted from freegame450:

Holy mackerel. Number 73 has landed. I am blown away at the beauty of this machine. It is stunning…….and I haven’t even turned it on yet.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

WOW, stunning!!!

#16449 5 months ago

Heads up to all you new BRK owners, when you get your game, I strongly recommend turning down your shooter lane eject setting. When I got my premium, it and it seems most others came cranked up from the factory, not sure why Stern does this. I had put a lane protector on mine right away, but had noticed some others were
getting damage to the clear coat on the right side of the shooter lane within 100 plays. I turned mine down quite a ways, and it still came out plenty hard.

#16455 5 months ago
Quoted from judgejohn:

Concretehardt - which lane protector did you use on the new BRK? I have used a few different ones - pin defender, mezel mods, Cliffy … wondering if pin def has a good color for it.

I tried out one of these pin defenders (they come in all different colors), as I wanted something that would protect both sides of the lane, It worked very well! A side effect to this protector was that it seemed to help line the shot up a little bit better as there is a little bit of adjustability with it. As many here know Stern cut a funky groove in the shooter Lane on Elvira, some lanes line up better than others but it can be incredibly frustrating when the ball gets slightly deflected & rattles going up the lane.
https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1426-pinhead-mods/09582-pindefender-in-nuclear-waste-purple

#16457 5 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Cliffy stuff is still king in my book.

Cliffy is the man and I typically use his protectors on all my games, but he is backlogged for months on his protectors depending on what you need. Since I only had a Cliffy on hand for the left side of the lane I decided to try out the pin defender, Honestly I don’t really care for the way it looks, but it protects both sides of the lane and allowed me to tweak the trajectory of the ball a tiny bit, which stopped most of the ball deflection issue I was having.

#16469 5 months ago

I’m guessing we should be seeing some more BRK unboxings this week, I was curious as the game matrix showed metallic decals similar to the 40th edition, but I wasn’t sure if they were embossed like the same way. I reached out to an owner who just unboxed his game, and it sounds like they are the embossed decals like the 40th and signature edition.

#16491 5 months ago

“Codesgiving”!

IMG_9168 (resized).jpegIMG_9168 (resized).jpeg

#16583 5 months ago
Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

BRK #16 has landed . Whoot !
[quoted image]

Nice looking game room and very solid looking dog!

#16644 5 months ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

I sent mine to [email protected] and was replied to and said it would be forwarded to the team -they may have others, like the other op said
Thank you Rob G for the input -agree I dearly freeking love this game and want it to be all that it can. Im way confident this stuff will get changed if we express these concerns enough

Can someone bundle a rough list of the changes that we need or would like to see made or undone with the new code so that we can all hit Stern in a email with a request for roughly the same changes.
I’ve got a rough idea, but I’m trying to pick pieces from different posts here and since I don’t have the game at the moment, if somebody could consolidate everything into one post, it would be helpful so that all of our requests to Stern would have some continuity as they read through all of our emails.

#16653 5 months ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

She’s home!!!!!!! I missed her and she came back with a new look [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks awesome! I’m guessing it exceeded your expectations? On the topper, I love it just not sure I can pry 1k out of my wallet for it, but It is one of those deals where if you don’t buy it now I’m sure you will pay more when they go out of production again.

#16662 5 months ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

The main issues so far are :
-remove censorship (or put in an optional family safe feature)
-restoral of haunt lighting schemes (some of the more confusing changes were already addressed in the 1.08 but theres still a couple of changes people have noticed)
-player choice or randomization of secret rooms /skeleton key use strategy less linear and more dynamic
-weird occasional hangups; delays and speech getting muted particularly when stacking. Occasional system crashes (back in 1.02 I had zero such issues for 2 years.. very very smooth and fast.. have since upgrading code had 3 system crashes often related to stacked modes and hitting both flipper buttons @same time. Once diring a match sequence). General smoothing needed
Im going to mention something else weird I noticed too -dont know if its just me or what but since the update, when targeting dead head kill shots, theres an explosion sound that may have changed for added new bass frequencies at the end of the wav file that literally sounds like a blown subwoofer. My sub is stock premium so maybe those with a pinwoofer wont notice this but I sure did. If its intentional its not terrible I guess it just sounds kinda uncontrolled and freeky to me.
One thing Id personally like to see in future updates are different soundtracks for each dead head as long as its in line with the existing palette -Im not holding too much hope for that... but it sure seems to me like a no brainer. Not as critical as the above issues though.
Perhaps someone could think of more here to make the code top notch again but thats about all I got. I cant find my old 1.02 code to test but if anyone has that Id LOVE a copy.. or at least test it out cause you will notice just how smooth and tight everything was. 1.06 was dang good too but had delays and crashes in comparison IMO

OK I just packaged up some feedback on the new code that I have read here and sent Stern support a nice email. Anyone else who feels like it may want to do the same with whatever they feel strongly about (censorship setting, mode insert lighting schemes ect) and maybe somebody over at Stern will make a few tweeks.

#16700 5 months ago
Quoted from KlownHammer:

The main issues so far are :
-remove censorship (or put in an optional family safe feature)
-restoral of haunt lighting schemes (some of the more confusing changes were already addressed in the 1.08 but theres still a couple of changes people have noticed)
-player choice or randomization of secret rooms /skeleton key use strategy less linear and more dynamic
-weird occasional hangups; delays and speech getting muted particularly when stacking. Occasional system crashes (back in 1.02 I had zero such issues for 2 years.. very very smooth and fast.. have since upgrading code had 3 system crashes often related to stacked modes and hitting both flipper buttons @same time. Once diring a match sequence). General smoothing needed
Im going to mention something else weird I noticed too -dont know if its just me or what but since the update, when targeting dead head kill shots, theres an explosion sound that may have changed for added new bass frequencies at the end of the wav file that literally sounds like a blown subwoofer. My sub is stock premium so maybe those with a pinwoofer wont notice this but I sure did. If its intentional its not terrible I guess it just sounds kinda uncontrolled and freeky to me.
One thing Id personally like to see in future updates are different soundtracks for each dead head as long as its in line with the existing palette -Im not holding too much hope for that... but it sure seems to me like a no brainer. Not as critical as the above issues though.
Perhaps someone could think of more here to make the code top notch again but thats about all I got. I cant find my old 1.02 code to test but if anyone has that Id LOVE a copy.. or at least test it out cause you will notice just how smooth and tight everything was. 1.06 was dang good too but had delays and crashes in comparison IMO

Ok I gathered feedback from this thread on the most recent code update and sent it to Stern, Eddie responded to my email today. It definitely wouldn’t hurt to shoot him a note with your ideas & feedback on the most recent code update.

[email protected]
IMG_9503 (resized).jpegIMG_9503 (resized).jpeg

#16721 4 months ago

Are you BRK guys going to run your dagger shooter rod or opt for something different and keep the dagger tucked away?

#16738 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Why not just replace the spring? Simple fix and cheap fix.

Definitely an option I believe the dagger comes with multiple springs.

#16744 4 months ago
Quoted from SpacelySpliffs:

It only comes with one spring set.

When you say one set, did you mean one spare set that was designated just for the dagger? Because that’s what should’ve come with.

#16746 4 months ago

Yes exactly, one set with the dagger. Not including what came installed.

Gotcha

#16859 4 months ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Has it moved under the playfield? The other possibility is the VUK hood - it has to be dialed in as well sometimes. Not too "open", not too closed

This ^
Before you start doing any of the more difficult adjustments/fixes try adjusting the hood up or dow and see if that fixes your issue, an 1/8th of an inch +- of hood height can make a big difference.

#16877 4 months ago
Quoted from foobeer:

The BRK edition looks awesome. Has anyone upgraded their premium for a BRK and do you think it was worth it? I plan on keeping some version of this game in my lineup for a while.

I sold my Premium a while back (the 2nd one I have owned) I hadn’t intended on buying another Elvira, but when the BRK dropped I switched my STH premium order to a BRK. The game is absolutely beautiful! It sits at the end of the row so I can admire it, the cabinet art w/hyper embossing (super thick decals with a 3 dimensional quality) are the nicest decals I’ve ever seen and the mirrored BG is awesome! The fact that this game is unique from all the other versions which share the same playfield and back glass make it extra cool to me, also I believe there are multiple callouts that are specific to the BRK edition done by Elvira (when I start a game random things like “red is the new black” I believe this is specific to BRK) which is kind of neat. I think there are some other lighting differences as well (not positive on this) can’t remember if the house stays lit red all the time in attract mode on the standard EHOH games?

Was it a mistake for me to spend that much money on a game? Probably! But what the hell im not gunna live forever.

#16891 4 months ago

I don’t want to jinx it because BRK #30 arrived undamaged despite the box looking pretty rough, and has been playing like a dream, even the shooter lane is lined up well and plunges perfectly (fought with this on my premium). The only thing I’ve done is adjusted one gargoyle switch. On my last premium, I thought I had it dialed in pretty good, but ended up taking about 85 games to get it fully dialed in, it was extremely frustrating! In the end I got it playing nearly perfectly.

This is got to be one of, if not the trickiest game for stern to assemble, as they still struggle with it after all this time. There is definitely more to this game than meets the eye… it’s complicated!

#16946 4 months ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

There’s one achievement for completing the mode in December and a separate achievement for completing it on Dec 25

My wife and I were playing last night and she got some type of Christmas haunt, Elvira came on and then Christmas music started playing. I was trying to figure out what was going on and then she drained the ball, It was super cool!

#16955 4 months ago

My game #30 was also built on Halloween

IMG_9754 (resized).jpegIMG_9754 (resized).jpegIMG_9755 (resized).jpegIMG_9755 (resized).jpeg
#16971 4 months ago
Quoted from johnny5:

Hey everyone, I have question. My game main volume is at 14. During bass sounds the cabinet speaker pops and crackles. What is the proper settings for the speaker settings to sound good with out issues? Thanks

It should not be doing that with the volume set at 14, something is wrong.

#16983 4 months ago
Quoted from dendew:

This seems like a silly question because in other games this wasn't an issue...but I cannot move my outlane posts. Seems like it should be a lot easier than I am making it out to be!

It’s a pain in the ass! Once you get the nuts off the back side, you’ll have to unthread the posts all the way out and then put them in the new hole and thread them all the way in, as you found they don’t just pull in and out.

#17010 4 months ago

OK I wanna get in on some of this mystery screw action, opened up my BRK found two of these in the bottom of the box when I was unboxing. Once I had the game set up, I lifted the Playfield to cut the zip ties and remove the foam. When I set the playfield back down another one of these screws came out of somewhere. The game is playing perfectly, I have no issues but I have no idea where the screws came from. How could two of the screws gotten into the bottom of the box? Anyone have any idea? Where screws like this go?

IMG_9878 (resized).jpegIMG_9878 (resized).jpeg

#17016 4 months ago

Well I have looked everywhere and can’t find a screw missing anywhere, all I can figure is must’ve been a couple extra screws that accidentally got dropped while the game was being made.

#17024 4 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

No drilling, they are self tapping wood screws but I would NOT install them! They are not needed to keep the new armor in place, just leave them out.

X2 you do not need the extra screw, no need to put an extra hole in your cabinet.

#17068 4 months ago
Quoted from foobeer:

Well, I couldn't resist and decided to upgrade. FlipNOut just delivered my BRK today and it's hard to explain how beautiful this thing is. As good as all the photos look, they still don't do it justice.
Are there any good custom pincup/pingulp available specifically designed for BRK? My plain black one is OK, but just seems like it needs more now.

The BRK hyper embossed decals are stunning, and for what Stern charges they should come standard on every limited edition game going forward, I will give them credit though they went all out on the BRK. On a side note they kind of hosed the JP30th guys, very weak effort there by Stern for the price IMHO.

#17078 4 months ago

Still trying to decide on the dagger shooter rod, it is super cool looking, but the back door skill shot already takes laser precision! Not sure I can get the finesse I need with it.

#17087 4 months ago

How do you start Santa vs Aliens?

#17098 4 months ago
Quoted from Chopplebrains:

Anyone know where I can pick up that dripping blood side armor for my premium? Or is this more unobtainium armor?

Pretty sure that armor only came on the LE, SE, 40th & BRK editions

#17119 4 months ago

Santa Conquers the Martians is a locked haunt. You need a key, then hit the house ramp when eligible and the far right window is lit. It's the first haunt for it I believe so you only should need one key to access it. Different amount of keys will give you one of the four secret haunts.

Sorry, struggling with this a little bit when you say the far right window is lit, there are 3 far right windows. Which window do I want to be lit?and is the sequence, hit the key with the correct window lit, then shoot the house for Santa conquers the Martians?

#17123 4 months ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

[quoted image]

So great, thank you!

#17127 4 months ago

Mine is out for delivery today!

Unboxing pics please, thanks in advance!

#17142 4 months ago
Quoted from garyinmotion:

Themed Insider Connect QR reader looks and works quite nicely.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you get that?

#17148 4 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Let’s talk outlanes - I love a good challenge & don’t want to make games too easy, but holy F’ing F - slings to outlanes & standups to outlanes, nothing but net - all day long! I moved the outlanes to the middle position & it hasn’t really changed anything. Has anyone brought them all the way to the lowest position? Does it feel fair there, or too easy?

I moved my outlanes to the middle position and honestly I don’t think it changed the amount of side drains I get at all. Turning the sling power down about 8 clicks did help though. I had wondered about putting out lanes all the way closed but then I was afraid that the game would be too easy, and the outlanes are such a pain in the ass to adjust, I didn’t do it.

#17200 4 months ago
Quoted from jbigdoggf:

The sound of Elvira voice seems like crackly and almost thought I had a blown out speaker but seems contained to her voice / voices….
Do others notice this ? It’s on the BRK version

Nope sound is clean on mine, I hooked a PS10 sub up under the game and it sounds great, best $100 bang for the buck mod out there! I have bought these for as low as $79 brand new you just have to wait for them to go on sale.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-q9weVgb0mE4/p_107PSW10B/Polk-Audio-PSW10-Black.html?XVINQ=D74&XVVer=81Z&awcr=632677375342&awdv=m&awnw=g&awug=9033027&awkw=dsa-823812346770&awmt=&awat=&gad_source=1&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI2Z7MgYGrgwMVbBitBh2zIQBsEAAYASAAEgIQofD_BwE

1 week later
#17308 3 months ago
Quoted from superdrummer20:

-Speaking of glass, the anti-reflective application has been done wrong on my glass. There are what looks like water spots all over it. I cannot clean it off. So clearly the spray application was done incorrectly. I’ll need new glass here.

I’m curious if your distributor got back with you on this issue, I also have a BRK and I cannot get the glass clean, it’s almost like some kind of weird water spotting that causes distortion when the light shines through it. I used a microfiber cloth and the recommended glass cleaner that Stern says to use many times, and it does not come off. Its like I can almost feel a roughness in the glass when I clean it. The game that is sitting beside BRK has invisa glass on it, and it is crystal clear.

#17310 3 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

Does anyone have a BRK who also has or had a Premium or LE?
If so, do you prefer the BRK playfield over the original color one?
I have an LE and thinking about changing to a BRK but haven’t seen one in person and trying to decide if the lack of color would bother me

I’ve had both and I love the Black, white and Red sparkle playfield, it is unique and beautiful and so is the backglass. One other thing is that when the game is turned on the colored inserts give a nice blend of color the the playfield, and when the game is off it just looks bad ass!
The game as a whole package is stunning with the embossed chrome decals, the hands on the side and front of the cabinet look like chromed metal.. you have to see it!

By the way got my Medisynil mod BRK casket & Gonks house yesterday.. see pics

IMG_0639 (resized).jpegIMG_0639 (resized).jpegIMG_0640 (resized).jpegIMG_0640 (resized).jpeg

#17313 3 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

I have Stern HD, Invisa and Voodoo glass; the Stern glass is the lowest quality of the 3. I can tell the difference but no water spotting (so to speak) on mine. I did have the screws scratch the glass on shipment and Stern did send me a new sheet.

Yeah, mine looks almost like the build up you would get on a glass shower door if you had hard water/minerals in your water. Did you contact Stern directly or go through your distributor?

#17331 3 months ago
Quoted from Rferullo:

You got to see the cab in person to really appreciate it. The shooter is ok. Mine isn't great with it's precision but looks cool.

I am keeping the dagger shooter tucked away and am going with this one for daily use on BRK..

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1356-pinball-shark/08615-deep-red-metallic-custom-shooter-rod

IMG_0738 (resized).jpegIMG_0738 (resized).jpeg
#17347 3 months ago

Anyone know who sells this black and white camper?

IMG_0772 (resized).jpegIMG_0772 (resized).jpeg
#17433 3 months ago
Quoted from John_I:

The one thing that is a complete fail on this game it the dagger shooter. I'm going to replace it and leave it in the coin box for the next owner. Two problems with the shooter... One is that it is obviously a really, really, really cheap plastic replica from 25 feet away and even worse when you actually touch it. Second is it sticks out too far and will eventually break off from people running into it and/or hurt someone badly. I'm not sure the clown shooter is much better looks wise. I'll probably make an eyeball shooter like I had on Scared Stiff, plus the right eyeball looks bad ass.

Just got my red metallic ball rod installed…

Quoted from VisitorQ:

Super Bands
[quoted image]

Those red halo precision flippers are gorgeous on this game!

IMG_0846 (resized).jpegIMG_0846 (resized).jpeg

#17434 3 months ago

Incase anyone missed this…

IMG_0881 (resized).jpegIMG_0881 (resized).jpeg
#17453 3 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Recently traded my very nice prem for an original LE, but now considering trading it for a brk. Reasons why I should or shouldn't? Resale means nothing, intend on having ehoh here permanently.

BRK is the most beautiful pinball machine I have ever seen, your call but I bet if you saw one in person you would buy it. As for build quality, most all EHOH need some tweeks, my BRK is my 3rd EHOH and been the best playing out of the box, it has needed only one small adjustment so far (knock on a coffin)

#17460 3 months ago
Quoted from bigdaddy07:

I struggled with this for a while after the BRK reveal as I really dig the cabinet and playfield on the BRK. At the end of the day, it was the backglass the made me keep my LE. I like the colored backglass much more than black and white. Plus on top of that, all the mods I've added and knowing that I would have to take a hit on my LE sale. I decided it wasn't worth it to me.

Totally get it, everyone has their own tastes, as for the back glass I hope at some point everyone has a chance to see it in person, the red sparkle in her dress and all the other red on the backglass sparkles like diamonds! Like it has tiny pieces of mirror flake in it.
By the way, I got my halo precision flippers on last night, love the way they look and they played great too!
IMG_0902 (resized).jpegIMG_0902 (resized).jpegIMG_0914 (resized).jpegIMG_0914 (resized).jpeg

#17466 3 months ago

So my daughter is going to Comic Con in Portland on Saturday and Elvira is going to be there, I’m trying to think of something from my BRK that she can sign. I guess the only thing I could give her to take would be the rule card on the left side of the apron.

#17471 3 months ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

That's cool and all but the game is already signed by her, does it really make sense to have it signed twice?

I assume all games of every version are auto pen signed right? or just copies of her signature, I mean I doubt she signed her name 1000 times by hand.

#17473 3 months ago

She signs stuff for a living essentially. She's almost every other weekend on the road going to shows where she sits there signing autographs for hours for money, and you can order anything off her site and often pay extra to have her sign it too. She's posted stuff on social media too where she's basically in signing machine mode. She sells her license and her autograph for a living.

Yep I know this, so question, is anything on any version EHOH machines actually hand signed by her? if not, I thought it would be cool to have a hand signed item not a photocopy of her signature on the machine.. rule, card, etc.

#17477 3 months ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Only 500 BRK. She can handle that.

Damn that’s impressive she must have some serious arthritis in her hand!

#17536 3 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

Looks fanrastic especially the apron
FYI if you didn't already know there is a Neca Elvira figure that's same scale as the one you you have already except Elvira is standing and in the same red sparkle dress as shown in the game art. The figure is included with the Stern Neca Elvira loot crate box which features Gregs great artwork from the game. In addition to the red Elvira figure you get a t-shirt, beanie hat, pin, and patch. Stern looks like its sold out of them but there are a few on ebay.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Anyone have a picture of her mounted to their game?

#17547 3 months ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Preordered Mezco Elvira statue on October 12, 2022. Just received it this week.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Thoughts on this now that you have it? knowing what you know now would you still pay $250 for her?

#17624 88 days ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

Just like everything, it might not be for you. All 4 of mine hit the glass and I love it. 100's of plays later...no broken Goyles.

Wondering if them hitting the glass will scratch the coating on the HD glass?

Quoted from Rarehero:

You can put a color window over it. Dims it a bit and a red window matches BRK!
[quoted image]

Any tips on what material to use for a red filter on the I see lens cover?

#17650 86 days ago
Quoted from Swoods5688:

Did a little modding last night then went and got my first Billion + game! Got some of the minor kinks out of her and this is probably my best shooting Elvira i have owned and i think she is #5 for me. Found a new love for this game when i have usually only found frustration.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

So does this crypt fascia conceal the fact that the crypt doors don’t shut all the way, also, is this one of the ones that Don sells?

#17662 85 days ago

Well dang guys I have the Medicnynl BRK casket mod and red halo flippers and that’s it, I was going to add this black and white campy camper but now I’m 2nd guessing.

Quoted from VisitorQ:

I 100% agree.
With that said, everyone has there own taste and it's there game but a lot of these mods make the game look junky IMO.
Sorry...

Quoted from DCfoodfreak:

BRK is so pure and stunning . The one game that doesn’t need this stuff .

IMG_1538 (resized).jpegIMG_1538 (resized).jpeg

#17675 85 days ago
Quoted from coasterguy:

I do like the camper too. I had said. To myself I wasn’t going to mod Elvira out this time as the LE I had was. You guys just reminded me is all.
I’m keeping medisnyl as they look stock and amazing. I have gappy angry coming and I’ll try that above the house as it looks to blend well.
Nothing more though.

Yea to me the game looks naked without the Medisnyl mod, also that mod looks like it came from factory. The red halo flipper are gorgeous and the help give me a little edge in game play as I’m not a great player. On the BRK I thought the black and white campy camper would look good as the back right corner is pretty empty, there is already a camper there in the artwork and the black and white camper would blend well.

#17678 85 days ago
Quoted from VisitorQ:

Meh. With BRK, less is more.

Speaking of, I don’t feel like the Stern topper goes very well with BRK, even if you change the light in color.

#17680 85 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

It's a good topper tho, I just traded my le in on a brk. I'm hoping it looks alright, as I kept my topper.

Great topper it’s just that it’s got purple on it. would be neat if they had a special edition BRK version of it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Concretehardt.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=Concretehardt and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.