20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ceemunkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11688 1 year ago

Woo hoo I'm finally in the club! Been looking for one of these for a couple of years (that I could afford), and the *slight* dip in prices here means I could finally bag one.

Only put about 30 games on it so far but it's AMAZING! I have had 2 of the gargoyles fly off on to the playfield already though - had to glue them back on to their rods, was this a common problem?

20220915_204944 (resized).jpg20220915_204944 (resized).jpg
#11706 1 year ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I had to leave it for bed. I feel like i looked everywhere on it. I hope there's not something on the bottom of the playfield as I've also laid the house forward to have better angles.

javagrind888 I don't know if you managed to do this in the end, but I had to remove the left ramp too, as my 3 garage optos were permanently locked on. There are two nuts underneath the playfield (pretty much under the ramp entrance flap) holding the front down, and 2 screws behind the backboard holding the back of the ramp in place. I also had to remove the little plastic to the left of the ramp entrance as it wouldn't quite fit past it when lifting the ramp out.

Also, once I had done it, I found all my optos were aligned ok and nothing blocking... So went back to the under-playfield wiring and eventually found one little connector slightly pulled out, I assume it was for the receiver board - but it was just really hard to spot as the connection is hidden up inside one of the bulb inserts (basically looked like it was plugged in ok because the connector was held in place by the cut out).

#11709 1 year ago

Wasn't sure if buying my 2nd hand Elvira was a mistake if I could have just waited till Nov and got a NIB one. Sounds like I made the right choice, not only because of an increasingly inevitable delay, but highly likely I would have being paying more too (without any extras).

1 week later
#11802 1 year ago

I think when we have issues, it's nice to post when you have a good experience - and once again, I just have to give a shout out to the Stern distributor here in Sydney (Amusement Machine Distributors). So my Elvira went kaput on Monday and all the lower half on the playfield stopped responding (lights, coils and switches). With all of it going out, I suspected a node board problem, and on reboot, yep I got the dreaded "node board 8 not found" message. After all the obligatory connection/wiring checks, I swapped around boards 8 and 9, and the problem moved to node board 9, indicating the board itself went bad.

I emailed AMD yesterday morning (Monday was a public holiday) fully expecting my machine to be unusable for a couple of weeks at best - but they sent a new board out overnight express within a couple of hours, so it arrived this morning and Elvira is back in action. Oh I should also mention they did this free of charge as long as I sent the faulty board back to them (which I have now done), and I did not even purchase the machine from them, it was a private sale.

I just do not see this level or quality of service from *any* other company - simply brilliant guys to deal with. It's not the first time I've posted on here about how great they are, I'm sure this wont be the last time either.

Also - this game is absolutely incredible, only had it a few weeks and it's mind blowingly good!

4 weeks later
#12022 1 year ago

I have an Elvira Premium, an Alien LV and a BKSOR LE with the topper. They are all very, very different games... BK is fast, brutal and quite honestly the topper is absolutely out of this world and totally makes the game. Although I do think Elvira is the superior game, if you want something more challenging I wouldn't write it off. As for Alien LV... seriously if you love Alien as a theme it's a no-brainer, the LV is a cracking machine. It is a challenging game too.

So - it depends what you are looking for. If you wants a balls to the wall fast brutal game with THE best topper I've ever seen, BK isn't a bad option. If you love the Alien theme and want a slower, creepier game, well that's the one for you.

#12025 1 year ago

I wouldn't say the code in BKSOR is especially deep. Don't get me wrong, there's plenty to do on it, but I do think maybe its missing some of the finer code nuances you might find in some other pins. Alien is pretty decent, it has 10 modes (5 for each movie) and 5 main multiballs, plus you get some depth with using weapons, completing lifecycles, destroying eggs etc.

Bottom line, I don't think you can go wrong with either game they are both great in my view. It does sound like cash and buying an LV would be the best option though.

2 weeks later
#12076 1 year ago

Really love this game - I put the full Wizmods kit on it, and I think it really finishes off the artwork nicely - just makes it all continuous.

20221123_164231 (resized).jpg20221123_164231 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#12209 1 year ago

Whoooahhh... 12k USD is that for real!?

Suddenly my 16k (Australian $) for a used one this year is looking like a total bargain.

It does seem to be a step up in terms of quality plus toys and mechs compared to my other sterns though. The animations and sounds are pretty amazing, and having *the* Elvira herself for new film material, yep it really is awesome. The house is an incredible toy too - perhaps one of my favourite ever in a pinball - and just how many physical ball locks does this thing have? The house (i think it can lock a ball upstairs and also in the cellar?), the trunk, the garage, the crypt, they can all lock a ball physically, it's pretty unreal.

#12310 1 year ago

Wow congrats that is such a great trio to get. Those same 3 are my current favourites - they couldn't be more different to play, and are all totally amazing games.

3 weeks later
#12514 1 year ago

Don't know if this will help, but I had an issue on my GB a while back where the flippers went dead randomly, and eventually after several temporary fixes by reconnecting the cables on the board they went dead permanently. It really looked like a board problem - however, after a few days of troubleshooting with AMD, it turned out to just be a dodgy GND pin in one of the molex connectors, even though they all seemed to be firmly attached and not loose in any way. Eventually we found it by removing the connector from the molex using a pin extractor, and it was clearly fubar. Plus I reckon if it was a bad board you'd see the problem consistently and disconnecting/reconnecting probably wouldn't make any difference. These boards certainly aren't cheap...

4 weeks later
#12859 1 year ago

Every time I play mine, I'm really impressed with the code. It's so solid, there's already plenty to do plus you have Elvira herself delivering all new content, and I don't see how it needs any more - it would be nice to have the movies on the translite included, but it would just be gravy.

Also you can definitely see why it warrants a slightly increased price tag over a regular premium. I have it sitting next to BK, GB, DP and IMDN and ok, on first glance its a pretty open bare machine - but the amount of mechs hiddden away and the house toy is a level above anything on those machines. I still to this day am so blown away by the Gappa Angry mode on Elvira - because the machine can physically lock a ball in 4 locations, it's wild! The house alone is fantastic - so many ways it can divert, lock, kick out the ball it's a really brilliantly designed mech, so kudos to whoever did the mechanics on that.

If you had one ordered but now finding the price increase hard to swallow, I'd still bite the bullet and go for it, you'll be getting one of Sterns best ever machines. I also hope they don't push or cancel the run - more people should be playing it for sure.

3 weeks later
#13243 1 year ago

I've mentioned it previously in this thread, but this game has one of the most complex mechs I've ever seen. On the surface it looks fairly simple, but that house mech is just brilliant - secret back door entrance, cellar, diverter, physical lock, rotating roof - yep it has all of that. Plus the house itself looks amazing. The game itself shoots brilliantly, it has great content in the display/animations/soundFX, it has great code, beautiful artwork, the list goes on... I must admit FF looks great, I just watched the live stream and the shots and animations on it were sooooo good- but if it's truly a better game than this one I will be really surprised. I'd keep all your preorders in if you have one, I think it'll be the last chance to get this NIB and it is a special game.

2 weeks later
#13753 1 year ago
Quoted from Schaitas:

Any Mod recommendations? I have the basic stuff from Stern (art blades, shooter knob, shaker,etc) - looking for some cool Art mods for the playfield...
thanks!

Not playfield related, but the Wizard Mods speaker grill, coin door, apron cover and lockdown bar accent are quite nice (if it's your thing) and I think, really tie in well with the cabinets artwork. Plus its all just magnetic so it's easily removed (if it's not your thing).

20221123_164231 (resized).jpg20221123_164231 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#14686 11 months ago
Quoted from Ceemunkey:

Really love this game - I put the full Wizmods kit on it, and I think it really finishes off the artwork nicely - just makes it all continuous. [quoted image]

It's from Wizard mods - I posted this a while back as I thought all their Elvira kit was great.

2 months later
#15268 9 months ago
Quoted from JJDK:

I keep reading that this pin is easy. Well Not for me. Nothing but side outs and center drains. Getting tired of playing it. Turned slings down and it makes no difference. Jurassic Park is much easier compared to this pin. I am thinking of just getting rid of it. What is the trick to it.

Its generally considered a bit "easier" simply because the ramp shots are a little more generous/forgiving, and the main shot is to the house which again, is a slightly easier shot up the middle from both flippers.

However, besides that it will drain just like any other pin - so you might be able to start and progress through modes a bit more, but that's about it. It certainly isn't an easy game, so don't be fooled into thinking you'll finish it any time soon.

1 week later
#15306 8 months ago
Quoted from PinStalker:

Thanks!!! I'll try this
Much appreciated! Still learning this mechanical stuff..... it's fun, but so new (to me).

Yeah this was happening to me on my Bond LE. The leaf switch seemed to be oriented so whenever I hit the action button, the end of the switch would slip and then bind against the action button inside.

I ended up turning/bending the switch forwards a little (towards the backbox), as it appeared to be slipping and binding at the front of the action button towards the coin door (you might be able to see if you lift off, and put on the lockdown bar slowly and observe underneath as you do so). Not a problem since.

#15311 8 months ago

That's a Marco airbrush job - some of his work really is fantastic. I'd actually really like to get his Maiden Premium kit, but daaaamn it's pricey.

#15325 8 months ago

Every time I think I'm gonna sell this game (just for something new, not coz I hate it or anything) I have a quick play on it - get reminded of just how brilliant it is and change my mind.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,000 (Firm)
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Ceemunkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=Ceemunkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.