EHoH1 (resized).jpg
EHoH2 (resized).jpg
EHoH3 (resized).jpg
IMG_1854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items.

Display key post list sorted by: Post date | Keypost summary | User name

Post #607 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Ramp hangup fix Posted by Reality_Studio (4 years ago)

Post #1849 Key posted, but no summary given Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2292 game dates and guide rails. Posted by SKWilson (4 years ago)

Post #2375 TECH: PLAYFIELD. Balls coming out of the house during mode start fix Posted by Wildbill327 (4 years ago)

Post #2423 All premiums have skill shot update Posted by BillyPilgrim (4 years ago)

Post #2518 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK low eject power/can't hit targets fix Posted by Pozzest01 (4 years ago)

Post #3427 Dialing in Elvira problem areas video Posted by jandrea95 (3 years ago)

Post #4077 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK Updated location with measurements. Posted by DeathHimself (3 years ago)

Post #4107 TECH: PLAYFIELD. VUK hole redrill locations picture to fix weak eject Posted by HurryUpPinball (3 years ago)

Topic indices are generated from key posts and maintained by Pinside Editors. For more information, or to become an editor yourself read this post!

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#89 4 years ago

Picked her up tonight!!

144A87B0-8CE5-4344-9451-5CF671411A24 (resized).jpeg144A87B0-8CE5-4344-9451-5CF671411A24 (resized).jpeg
#91 4 years ago

Quick initial impressions.

First, the stream doesn’t do it justice. IMO streams don’t really do any pin justice. It is beautiful and the house is really amazing. The art is beautiful. The mirrored back glass is stunning.

Second, mine was shipped with .82 code. I don’t know if this is normal but I installed the home settings, all inserts are either on or off. There is no in-between.

Third, my kids loved the layout. This is going to seem as a negative, but it is easily approachable to NooBs.

Final impression, It has Elvira in numerous ways. Elvira showing up on the LCD is worth watching over and over. Never been done before.

Can’t wait to see how this evolves.

#109 4 years ago

This is what I managed to accomplish today! A couple of quick notes.

Do not turn on the photo shoot option...that is what made all of my inserts either on or off.

I got the “Double Bone Us” . No idea how. How do i get it again?

Also this is an amazing pin, somehow managed to get all 6 balls in play...what a rush.

3C03DEC5-E72A-4CAE-8001-3018D8B02714 (resized).jpeg3C03DEC5-E72A-4CAE-8001-3018D8B02714 (resized).jpeg

#129 4 years ago

A couple of questions...

What is supposed to happen when the stairways lift up? When it happens it just shoots the ball back to the flippers. Is it not coded yet?

What is everyone setting their pitch? I am at 6.7 and thinking that will be like TH, steeper the pitch the more intense it will play. Opinions?

#131 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Doesn’t it turn in the video ?

On mine it works in the test menu, but for now it doesn’t do anything on the current code.

#141 4 years ago

Has anybody updated the code from .82 to .83? I can't seem to find out any details. Is there much difference between them?

#155 4 years ago

A couple of updates on my 3lvira.

I upgraded to code to .83. Much better, highly recommend it.

The pitch has been adjusted to 7.0. Originally I set it at 6.7. This game needs to be steep. If the operators set it up at 6.5, the reviews will be very negative on how easy and boring it plays. Also operators will see very high ball times.

The gar coils by the crypt hit my glass. Anybody else having this issue? Any know remedies? Do all of the gar coils use the same length on the metal rod?

The complaint that there is not enough Elvira is just garbage. Custom video and call outs means she is always there.

The Easter egg of the NIB stern on the locks is awesome.

The throwbacks and the original voice from the first two is nostalgia.

The skeleton head on the stairs is cool, as well as the sometimes left loop that gets diverted to a kick out under the stairs.

Th gar coils gone wild, unhappy hour and the clown car mode are just fun. It kept us laughing every time.

Finally, I am fan of stop and go pins. 3lvira is a great example of that

@stones might have some opinions, after adjusting and playing it today.

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

They are supposed to hit the glass, that is by design. Scared Stiff is the same with its leapers. Dennis mentioned this in the original stream.

Thank you...I missed that part.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

I had a few issues with mine but Trent and Stern both were fantastic on helping me out.I totally recommended if you have a problem contact Stern or your distributor (Trent in my case) and they DO RESPOND QUICKLY.I contacted them at 10 this morning and by 5 today with one email from Trent and two emails from Stern the issue was resolved.They also offered to call me and help me on the phone if nessurary.Samsung or shall I say samshit wouldent help me fix television that by looking at the forms and seeing how many people had the same issue, should have been a recalled item, so all I am saying it Stern is backing their products (unlike many other companies) and that alone should put all at ease about problems or concerns about buying a stern product.
My problem was first my node boards 1,8 and 9 were sometimes not responding.Easy answer is if you turn on the game to boot it up with the coin door open you get that error.LOL (so i'm not the brightest kid on the block).
2nd issue was the ball was getting stuck at the back of the house.There is a diverter plate that blocks the back subway and is suppose to go up and down as coded.The plate was trying to go down but it was hitting the ramp side rail and it was stopping it from going down as far as it should.So the ball in theory was not supposed to be back their.The fix was to loosen the 2 screws on the playfied side that holds the plate on.Give the plate a push away from the rail it is hitting until you have clearance.Retighten the screws.
The more I shoot it, the more I find it to be simply put "A Fun Game to shoot and play".
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I did not know there was a subway in the house? I have not experienced it on my game. The only subway I have seen thus far is from the crypt to the VUK on the side. When is the subway supposed to happen on the house?

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from cistearns:

I'm noticing on mine that the crypt doesn't close completely. Is this normal or something that needs to be adjusted?

Same here.

#205 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Several nodes are not responding
1 , 8 , 9
On my tech alerts
Also the crypt no longer moves correctly and opens up for ball to go in
Any one had this and know a fix ?

Nodes 1 8 9 are due to the coin door being open. Your nodes are fine.

As far as the crypt that is new.

#207 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Thank you for explaining
So the tech alert should be ignored then
Only get the skull to bash and that’s it
Sometimes it rotates but no longer get the opening
Will look under the mech tomorrow

Yes the tech alerts happened on mine, someone on this thread reported the issue and stern confirmed that it is because the coin door is open. FWIT I freaked out as well.

Now if I can just figure out my crypt VUK...it likes to send the balls down the left drain.

#208 4 years ago

More thoughts on this game...

After many plays I can’t decide if it is easy or brutal. If you shoot this pin without any plan it is easy. If you decide to focus in on one thing, it becomes brutal. Shooting with disregard is fun and easy, shooting for specific purpose is very difficult. We need to be prepared for the masses saying how easy it is to shoot. If you don’t care what you are shooting for then yes this is easy. My high score came on my third game. I was just shooting blindly and ended up with a great score. Now that I have started trying for objectives my score sucks

IMO, this is how great pins are built. Easy to shoot hard to master. It is easily accessible to those who don’t play pinball, but very difficult to master.

#220 4 years ago

started the download of .84, it is another 6GB update...wow!!

#226 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

IDK about bouncing off the targets and going down the right outlane, but mine goes straight to the left outlane from the VUK all the time. Really pisses me off. There should definitely be a short ball save there.

I thought I was the only one having this problem. I spent some time in test mode, slightly bending the scoop, thought I found a trajectory that sent the ball to the junk in the trunk stand ups. Put the glass back on, got a deadhead, VUK sent it right down the left outlane. if anybody knows a good way to adjust the crypt VUK, please let us know.

#247 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I've played this pin for like 5 hours today after I updated it.
I've gotten Jar Head twice. I'm surprised he says "ASS". He's modeled off of Lee Ermy.
I've noticed a lot of new callouts, better flow between modes and also modes starting.
Also seen 3-4 of the new mode completion videos and there are multiple videos for each mode as well. Noticed some of the changed intro videos. They added some different clips of the movies before Elvira talks.
But, I haven't noticed her pop up yet. That has not occurred for me yet. Which is a bummer. I would like when code finished the pop ups be more frequent... But, I do like the new callouts during the modes. Like blah blah blah why not just call it a ray gun. If she is visible when she says it I havne't noticed. Too busy flipping. I need friends to come over so I can watch the videos while they play.
And lastly. Nope Haven't gotten the skill shot yet... But, I think the skill shot might be a short plunge to the flipper and then hit the left orbit.
I haven't tried that. As I short plunge to the flipper and go for the house. If you miss and don't hit a switch its a free shot attempt.

I also have not been able to get the skill shot...once again I thought it was just me.

#253 4 years ago

This is strange territory for me, I am usually a lurker and not a poster, I have been reluctant to post my small issues only to see others post the same issues. It would be great to have someone from Stern to be able to post in the club forums to help us out. LTG does it on the JJP clubs, Stern should be able to provide the same service on their club threads. These are friendly threads and most of us are looking for technical help, tweaks, and tips. I am hoping Wakky can pass this along. I would really like to have someone from Stern to be able to help owners with questions.

Tom

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I’ll check shaker tomorrow. Didn’t notice that with new code .84. Also my crypt door does not close all the way anymore. I damaged my rail trying to fix. A little frustrated at this point. That’s pinball!! Contacting Stern for the third time tomorrow. Lol. Game still looks and plays nice. So fun!!!

It seems to be a common issue of the crypt not shutting all the way, mine is the same way..

#277 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Well mine is immaculate, like new basically and fully modded so I can prolly get much more having a local distributor sell it rather than on Pinside where it's more hobby pricing, so I'll prolly bring him the machine at some point and let him sell it for me.

Man I've tried! Thing is, I can get it fairly often from the left ramp during game play, where it then just spits it out the front door with no reward. It's weird that it's much easier from the left when I'm not even trying for it, makes me wonder if the door is sometimes closed for some reason? Or maybe you are supposed to hold a flipper down like with Black Knight to enable the super skill shot and then the back door remains open?

If you figure it out please post...I haven’t even hit it on accident.

#321 4 years ago

Thoughts on the white wood? Do you miss or want the the WH2O ramp as well as the physical Wheel of Fate?

I am fine with both being scrapped. The ramp looks problematic and the wheel wouldn’t be able to be watched any more than the LCD version. Not only that you wouldn’t have the visual feedback on what you need to choose for the Manos mode.

Sorry for the double image, I can’t figure out how to remove one.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
56BB83B8-A9C9-41EE-B02A-74D010AE0BC0 (resized).jpeg56BB83B8-A9C9-41EE-B02A-74D010AE0BC0 (resized).jpeg

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

The hand of fate is one of my favorite features. Its awesome in multiball and a huge rush to hit the extender. Has anyone completed the entire wheel yet?

I was one ball away then they went down the right outlane.

1 week later
#515 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

SDTM HALLOWEEN SPECIAL
Greg and Zach costume up to review Elvira House Of Horrors Pinball Machine
Disclaimer: SDTM does not rate flapper gap and actually put effort into their show. The boys are in bed with Gary Stern and in the pocket of Big Pinballceuticals.

A couple of things.. I am surprised you didn’t mention the Easter egg of the image of a NIB Stern on the multiball locks.

Second, theme needs to be less subjective. You should grade theme on the basis of did it convey the theme to the player, not if you liked the theme. That is my biggest complaint about SW, they missed the theme. I don’t care about the complexities of the multiplier, I never feel like I am playing Star Wars.

Finally, I enjoyed your review and agreed with what you said. You mentioned 3 skill shots, what are they? There are many that have yet to get one.

3 weeks later
#902 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

My playfield is dimpled to all hell.
My only hope is they'll all dimple so much so it'll become level again.
I might lower the vuk... But, it seems lately its 2/3 of the vuk shots lead to draining. And really not from my mistake. It either dribbles straight to the tthe left outlane... Not a bullet shot, but a dribble that is still powerful enough to where you can't nudge it to save it.
Or I get a bullet shot and it hits the rubber in a weird way on the left side and it bounces straight into the right outlane. THis might be savable... If I nudge just at the right time. But, its hard to get the feel for when you need to start shaking, and because the vuk is so inconsistent in its behavior you risk doing the wrong shake...
I like the vuk... But, I think there needs to be a ball save timer that goes with it.

I am in the same boat as you. I have never been able to hit the skill shot and the VUK really pisses me off. It seems to know when I am having a good game and sends it down the outlane. Other times it will send it to the trunk stand ups and sometimes it will send it tom my left flipper.

1 month later
#1390 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Spider mod...
[quoted image]
Also working on a beeker mod...[quoted image]

Wow the spider really looks good. Is it for sale yet?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1391 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What pitch/level are you guys setting your games at?
Are you able to make the back door skill shot where its set?

7 and no...I think I am missing a piece of hardware.

1 month later
#1882 4 years ago

Ok...what is single ball mode?

Also figures this would be dropped when I am out of town.

3 weeks later
#2202 4 years ago
Quoted from sir_tankalot:

Greg Freres (sp?) worked super hard on this game.
Maybe more so than Dennis?
I don't know, I'm just a programmer...
I'm glad you got to meet Dennis. In the limited interaction I've had with him, I think he's a good guy. At this point I'm pretty sure he's a good guy and I hope he is doing well.
- Lyman

I really want to take a moment to thank you and the team for an amazing job you guys have done. I also want to share a personal story about the Elvira pins.

I really started playing pinball in my teens, probably like everyone else. I was a hooligan in my teens, late 80’s early 90’,and pinball passed the time with my buddies. We played EATPM all the time. I met wife in 95, introduced her to pinball with lukewarm reception until SS. We would play SS all the time, she was from KState and loved Cassandra. Fast forward to this year. We have 3lvira in our house and any night can be date night for us, takes us back 20 plus years ago.

Without pinball and Elvira, we might never have connected. I have a great family with 3 amazing kids!! Being able to have Elvira in our house is something I never take for granted; revisiting our dating years and sharing with our kids is amazing!

Seriously, thank you!! This pin with all of the integration you have done brings us many hours of enjoyment and time together, especially when things are difficult.

Tom

#2258 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I actually drained a few balls during mb because I was looking up at the lcd to see the boogie men and the gargoyles. Ohhhh well...
I also like the house lighting effect when the organ plays before House Party mode.

I really like the match sequence now...if you watch the house it lights your window and then lights all the windows. It then removes all but one. Very slick.

#2289 4 years ago

Has anybody made it through all of the haunts? What happens? I have managed to make it half way through and 1 haunt after the house party.

2 weeks later
#2494 4 years ago

A shout out to Chaz!! I called a couple of weeks ago about the skill shot fix. He was very patient on the phone with me. He talked me through what he needed and the parts arrived last week. Thank you!!

2 weeks later
#2615 4 years ago

Here is my opinion on the skeleton keys. We should be allowed to pick the first haunt; then the next door should cost 2 keys. If you give us a key that will open any door let us choose which door. I don’t know if I have ever collected 2 keys in a game, this would allow average players to experience the haunts at their choosing. Just a suggestion.

#2617 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

If I remember correctly, you can collect additional junk (i.e. skeleton keys) by collecting jackpots during JITT multiball.

Thanks I didn’t know that. I guess what I am asking for is that all of the haunts that need a skeleton key should be available when you have the key. Then have the next haunts requiring 2 keys.

1 month later
#3187 3 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Conclusion..... receiving a whole new game in 3 to 4 weeks with side blades added. Return shipping the other back to Stern JJ was awesome. Apparently a Gary Stern was on my side too

JJ is awesome!!

4 months later
#5265 3 years ago

It’s been almost a year and I still have no idea about this feature

Make-Your-Own Dang B-Movie Trailer” from various library clips of vast content. Game will programmatically “build” a movie trailer based on the player’s individual gameplay experience.

Am I missing something or is this not in the game yet.

#5267 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I don’t believe you are missing something.

What is interesting is that it is on the Main Attractions matrix. Everything else is there except for this. I hope it hasn’t been scrapped.

#5370 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Cool personal movie trailer at end of game

Awesome!! I was wondering about that feature. Looks like my question has been answered!!

4 weeks later
#5876 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

honestly i found the best compromise is setting replay to award a free ball. then set replay to two levels starting at 20mil second replay is at 40mil. Then you have to disable replay boost so it sticks at 20 and 40.
Now everyone still starts with 3 balls every game but friends that come over on that one good game will break 20,000 and get a freeball and they love it,
and For me its about every 3rd game i'll break 20 and every 3rd of those i'll break 40 and about every 10th game i'll break 100.
I,m about ready to increase the starting value up to 30mil and second will be 60mil..
To me its all about how far can i progress. I want to work towards being able to reliably get to wizard modes but along the way i want little sips into them to keep my interest..plus i like longer games

I have my games setup this way. If I am having a good game I like having that extra ball. Also I have it setup to adjust the replay/extra ball. The better I get the harder it is to achieve.

#5877 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Oh yeah, this is an Elvira thread. It's a GREAT game! FUN factor off the charts.
Easy side? Definitely.

It is a masterpiece!! It is easy to flip, make ramps, start a haunt and a multiball. Gappa angry will make your palms sweat, making the shots becomes stressful. Finishing haunts are critical and aren’t easy. There are so many layers to this pin. Also the theme integration is off the charts, you have Elvira on the LCD, all of the video assets, amazing music and a great art package. I could go on and on about this pin!!

3 months later
#7156 3 years ago

My LE playfield has minor planking, just enough to irritate me. Will getting it restored get rid of the planking?

#7180 3 years ago

You guys are tight it is the wood grain that I am seeing. As I said earlier it is very minor, I am not expecting any compensation from Stern. Here are the pics.

3F9BA39B-B20A-48C7-96F3-DA758FFAA289 (resized).jpeg3F9BA39B-B20A-48C7-96F3-DA758FFAA289 (resized).jpegE8A8F1DC-4590-448B-9926-E48B8868BB43 (resized).jpegE8A8F1DC-4590-448B-9926-E48B8868BB43 (resized).jpeg
#7181 3 years ago

Maybe what I should do is unscrew the pot light right above it. Then maybe it wouldn’t be so apparent.

#7182 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

This is the best I could do.
[quoted image]

This is basically what mine looks like. It is very minor but noticeable. I was just thinking about options.

4 months later
#9293 2 years ago
Quoted from BeeGee6533:

I’ve had Elvira for about 3 weeks now. It’s so weird to me that so many people seem to think this game is easy. For whatever reason, it’s the toughest game in my collection to me(JP2, Iron Maiden, Deadpool, JJP GnR.) I think the shots feel smooth but it is deadly with ricochets if you miss. It’s a drain monster to me. Wayyy tougher than my others in that sense. I’m just having a hell of a time getting control of the ball and stopping it from bouncing all over all the time. It’s just interesting that I find JP2 much easier and less drain-ey for example. I can’t slow the gameplay down and get control even with a low 6.6 pitch. Just fascinating.

The game is really easy to shot if you have no plan. You can rip ramps and orbits, along with shots to the house and the garage. It becomes a brick fest when you have a plan to stack haunts, multiballs and deadheads.

3 months later
#9880 2 years ago

Do you think they will do another run of toppers? On the same note, 25k and no topper…

2 months later
#10400 2 years ago

This is just speculation…I think Stern could be done with EHOH based on these reasons.

First, the game was designed and coded by people who are no longer with Stern and are now employed by their competitors. I doubt Stern wants to keep manufacturing a pin that promotes the accomplishments of former employees.

Second, Stern has been very vocal that EHOH is expensive to manufacture. With the reported back log of games that are not as expensive, why continue to make EHOH.

I hope that I am wrong, but this might be the 1 2 punch that ends EHOH.

6 months later
#11327 1 year ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Seems like previous licenses were good for three years and I believe they started making these in November 2019. If that is the case here, and I have no idea if true, end of this year would be it.

I received my EHOH in October of 2019.

6 months later
#12665 1 year ago
Quoted from Damonator:

It's been mentioned. I'll do my best to make it happen.

It is going to be a mostly thankless undertaking… but I thank you for taking the time and energy to do this.

1 week later
#12741 1 year ago

Does anyone know about “Pew Pew Pew”? I see it on the menu and am very curious about it. Do you think it will be included on an update?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider BigT.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club?tu=BigT and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.