IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,068 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 362.
#401 4 years ago

#365 is downstairs, game has been great out of the box.

#402 4 years ago
Quoted from pin15:

Just a teaser. Have Steve at pinball refinery doing up a premium for me.[quoted image]

I just finished up the Elvira Premium for Pin15 and wanted to post a few pictures of this Premium with the upgrades that I added to it. If anyone would like any of them or order a machine from me just drop me a PM. If you missed out on a LE or SLE, it's not a problem, I can do a custom machine for you .

Thanks,

Steve
MI Pinball Refinery

20191025_153958 (resized).jpg20191025_153958 (resized).jpg20191025_154006 (resized).jpg20191025_154006 (resized).jpg20191025_153837 (resized).jpg20191025_153837 (resized).jpg20191025_153714 (resized).jpg20191025_153714 (resized).jpg20191025_154017 (resized).jpg20191025_154017 (resized).jpg20191025_153615 (resized).jpg20191025_153615 (resized).jpg20191025_153611 (resized).jpg20191025_153611 (resized).jpg
#403 4 years ago

Looks great Steve!!!

#404 4 years ago

Does anyone know if the turret on the house is programmed?

#405 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Hi Owners,
Due to the size of my room I can only have a three pin line up, which is currently Simpsons Pinball Party, Scared Stiff and Popeye. While I do enjoy the Popeye, it would be the one to go if I wanted the new Elvira. Do you think having two Elvira pins and the Simpsons be odd or unbalanced?

Absolutely not. The number one rule of pinball, get whatever you like best. And don’t listen to any naysayers! Do what makes you happy. They’re your machines!

#406 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Hi Owners,
Due to the size of my room I can only have a three pin line up, which is currently Simpsons Pinball Party, Scared Stiff and Popeye. While I do enjoy the Popeye, it would be the one to go if I wanted the new Elvira. Do you think having two Elvira pins and the Simpsons be odd or unbalanced?

Not at all. SS and HOH are/will be different enough but will clearly complement each other. Lyman will make HOH quite deep and it will take you far longer to get tired of than Popeye. Unless you are a huge Popeye fan - go for it!

#408 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Does anyone know if the turret on the house is programmed?

At least partially...it turned for me during house party mode.

#409 4 years ago

Green side rails

Green looks nice on Ghostbusters and JP but not on Elvira...

IMHO

#410 4 years ago

For those that have had their games for a couple weeks - have you noticed any pooling issues with the clearcoat?

#411 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those that have had their games for a couple weeks - have you noticed any pooling issues with the clearcoat?

No pooling issues on mine

#412 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No pooling on mine. 500 plays or so (routed game).

#413 4 years ago

I’ve been having problems with the ball not holding in the back of the house during a haunt video. Everything on the house is working, but I noticed there is poll motor on the back of the game that holds the ball in place inside the tunnel that releases to the pop bumpers. After it’s gone up, it never resets back down. Does anyone know what I can do to fix it?

A0ABB2FE-85FE-4561-822C-4600F5190976 (resized).jpegA0ABB2FE-85FE-4561-822C-4600F5190976 (resized).jpeg
#414 4 years ago

Hi there,

sorry to be a nuisance but I was wondering if somebody could help me. I seem to have won the poop jackpot with this machine (LE #294)- Besides all the minor issues with it needing adjustments in places - like a lot of people seemingly are having to do - I am also having several other major issues. My crypt was not working properly - no adjustment by my pinball tech was able to fix it. After reviewing a video I sent them, Stern is now sending me a whole new crypt assembly.

But what I was wondering is: how is the trunk supposed to act?

I am on code 0.85 if that matters. If I hit the trunk targets, the trunk opens up, then upon shooting the left lane, the ball gets trapped in the trunk and stays there. Then I get so launch a new ball from the shooter lane. Same if I hit the side entrance. It counts the lock and then the ball stays in there. Launch new one from shooter lane.

I was watching PAPA TV live and they were on the latest code as well and their trunk was acting completely different than mine. Upon locking a ball in the trunk their game would count the lock and then eject it right away from the trunk and put it back into play.

That's not even the only issue with my trunk but for now I was wondering HOW is the trunk supposed to act? Does yours keep the ball(s) trapped in it until multiball OR does it count the lock and eject it right away, thus never keeping a ball in the trunk?

Sorry for the wall of text. I want to like this game so badly but I have sooooo many issues

#415 4 years ago
Quoted from MountZion:

Hi there,
sorry to be a nuisance but I was wondering if somebody could help me. I seem to have won the poop jackpot with this machine (LE #294)- Besides all the minor issues with it needing adjustments in places - like a lot of people seemingly are having to do - I am also having several other major issues. My crypt was not working properly - no adjustment by my pinball tech was able to fix it. After reviewing a video I sent them, Stern is now sending me a whole new crypt assembly.
But what I was wondering is: how is the trunk supposed to act?
I am on code 0.85 if that matters. If I hit the trunk targets, the trunk opens up, then upon shooting the left lane, the ball gets trapped in the trunk and stays there. Then I get so launch a new ball from the shooter lane. Same if I hit the side entrance. It counts the lock and then the ball stays in there. Launch new one from shooter lane.
I was watching PAPA TV live and they were on the latest code as well and their trunk was acting completely different than mine. Upon locking a ball in the trunk their game would count the lock and then eject it right away from the trunk and put it back into play.
That's not even the only issue with my trunk but for now I was wondering HOW is the trunk supposed to act? Does yours keep the ball(s) trapped in it until multiball OR does it count the lock and eject it right away, thus never keeping a ball in the trunk?
Sorry for the wall of text. I want to like this game so badly but I have sooooo many issues

The trunk will hold the ball until you get the second lock, then eject the balls. I didn't watch the whole PAPA stream, but I would think they'd have turned on virtual locks. Therefore, the trunk would not hold the ball.

#416 4 years ago

Oh ok! I did not know that that was a feature you could turn on! That makes perfect sense! thank you so much for your reply!

#417 4 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

I’ve been having problems with the ball not holding in the back of the house during a haunt video. Everything on the house is working, but I noticed there is poll motor on the back of the game that holds the ball in place inside the tunnel that releases to the pop bumpers. After it’s gone up, it never resets back down. Does anyone know what I can do to fix it?[quoted image]

I'm just spit balling here... In your picture, the white sleeve that is over the plunger looks to be extended all the way. Has it slipped down off the plunger and is being held by the bracket? It's difficult for me to see how it is supposed to be assembled from the diagram (Up/Down Post Assembly in the manual). I would start there.

#418 4 years ago
Quoted from MountZion:

Oh ok! I did not know that that was a feature you could turn on! That makes perfect sense! thank you so much for your reply!

Virtual locks were added in the latest update.

#419 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I'm just spit balling here... In your picture, the white sleeve that is over the plunger looks to be extended all the way. Has it slipped down off the plunger and is being held by the bracket? It's difficult for me to see how it is supposed to be assembled from the diagram (Up/Down Post Assembly in the manual). I would start there.

I double checked and I believe it's assembled correctly. In the photo the plunger is all the way to the top. I can extend it into the tunnel, which then stops the ball, and after the first haunt video it goes back up like it should in the photo, but from then on it never goes back down. I'm stumped on how to fix it. I checked the power cables to that device and everything looks fine.

#420 4 years ago

I double checked and I believe it's assembled correctly. In the photo the plunger is all the way to the top. I can extend it into the tunnel, which then stops the ball, and after the first haunt video it goes back up like it should in the photo, but from then on it never goes back down. I'm stumped on how to fix it. I checked the power cables to that device and everything looks fine.

Just took a pic of mine. You're missing the return spring. The plunger should be down all the time. The coil fires to lift the plunger to let the ball pass. The spring then pushes the the plunger back down. Much like a flipper return spring.
20191026_184333 (resized).jpg20191026_184333 (resized).jpg

#421 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Virtual locks were added in the latest update.

Great! Thank you again - that is one less problem I have to worry about

#422 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Just took a pic of mine. You're missing the return spring. The plunger should be down all the time. The coil fires to lift the plunger to let the ball pass. The spring then pushes the the plunger back down. Much like a flipper return spring.
[quoted image]

Thank you for the picture and explanation! It looks like I need a new spring. Mine's in there, but it doesn't push the plunger back down. There's no resistance on it. It just stays up once released.

#423 4 years ago

SKWilson I figured it out! So after starting to take it apart, I realized it was a pressure situation. The plunger was push against the metal behind it. I was able to loosen the whole thing, release the pressure, and keep the plunger away from metal so it clears. All is good. Thanks again!

#424 4 years ago

skwilson I figured it out! So after starting to take it apart, I realized it was a pressure situation. The plunger was push against the metal behind it. I was able to loosen the whole thing, release the pressure, and keep the plunger away from metal so it clears. All is good. Thanks again!

Good work!

#425 4 years ago

Steve, nice work as always! Powdercoat color is spot on!

#426 4 years ago
Quoted from mattenno:

The Elvira we got has an issue where the ball goes directly to the sling when it comes down from the left orbit. Is this something we need to get repaired?

Mine does it as well, I assume this is as designed because it also did it on the Deadflip stream where the designers of the game played it live. I can't imagine Lyman would have let it ride like that live on Twitch if it wasn't intended behavior no?

#427 4 years ago

So, I was playing today and as I play I like to let the games code and rules soak in, and slowly start to form strategies for playing. I noticed that more than a couple of times I was able to get close to finishing off the haunts. My goal with each haunt use to be to try to finish the haunt. That way if you finish two you get an extra ball.
However, I was curious if I could let a haunt time out without shooting anything. Iron Maiden doesn't let you time out modes. You have to keep hitting switches for the time to keep counting down.
So, yes... You can time out modes. Even though the big points is in making shots and getting the points to build higher, and each additional haunt afterwards the starting point value builds higher...

Anyway...
I was curious to see what would happen if I completed the haunts. And after a couple of games of trying I got to the end. And most of it isn't programed in yet. Has a very small animation with no sound and then a mb. So can't wait for it to be included int the code.

I don't know what happens after finish that mode. As I got Gappa angry. That's a fun mode to get deep into. Haven't completed it yet. Got to where Gappa is right about to attack the city.
Now, for the sake of people not thinking I'm a good pinball player. My game is setup to reward an extra ball at 20 million, 40 million, 80 million, and then 150 million. I've only ever got over 150 million two times so far. And one of those times I only had one extra ball programmed as a reward at 20 million. Man... That was a great game, and one of my first games on the machine. Anyway. I enjoy putting extra balls as rewards and I think they're based at high enough thresholds to be a challenge to attain.

One last final thought. Some of the callouts while I think lack a bit of oomph or pop, as a whole however I really think this game has excellent callouts. I was plying my father today and the voice of the guy called out "That SUCKS!" when my father drained. I was laughing for about 20 seconds. And my pops actually was chuckling too and not mad about draining. So, I know more callouts are going to be added. And man... This game really is shaping up to be something special.

#428 4 years ago

Does anyone know the big difference between the limited edition and premium beside the cabinet art/cosmetics? Are all the mechanics/toys the same between both models suck as gargoyles jumping and house have RGB Top spinning ETC? I interested in purchasing a model but not sure if it worth the extra money for the cosmetic stuff only

#429 4 years ago

Playfield and gameplay is identical on all models.

I bought the LE based on the cabinet artwork alone. The powder coated rails, mirrored backglass, HD glass, shaker, upgraded audio system and inner side art made the decision a no brainer since those were things I'd add anyway.

#430 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Does anyone know the big difference between the limited edition and premium beside the cabinet art/cosmetics? Are all the mechanics/toys the same between both models suck as gargoyles jumping and house have RGB Top spinning ETC? I interested in purchasing a model but not sure if it worth the extra money for the cosmetic stuff only

From what I see the game and playfield are the same, main differences are:

- Different side art
- Better sound system
- Glare reducing glass
- Different side rails
- Side art in the playfield area
- Mirrored backglass
- Shaker motor

#431 4 years ago
Quoted from Blackzarak:

Playfields and game play are identical.

#432 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Playfield and gameplay is identical on all models.
I bought the LE based on the cabinet artwork alone. The powder coated rails, mirrored backglass, HD glass, shaker, upgraded audio system and inner side art made the decision a no brainer since those were things I'd add anyway.

And the LE has different stickers on the apron. The key difference is that the LE includes autographs from the Stern design team.

#433 4 years ago

It’s here.
Disclaimer: not actually my game. It’s for my buddy that I’m the caretaker of his games. One of those newbies that buys everything NIB and can barely take the lockdown bar off.

3BCBCD0D-F347-4E3B-B64B-8C058FC3BF32 (resized).jpeg3BCBCD0D-F347-4E3B-B64B-8C058FC3BF32 (resized).jpeg
#434 4 years ago

Here's an interesting article with a rare peek inside The Witch's House / Spadena House in Beverly Hills. Dennis had mentioned that this was one of the initial inspirations for the game.

https://www.lamag.com/citythinkblog/exclusive-look-inside-witchs-house-beverly-hills/?fbclid=IwAR0dlFopl5vdEmPV-4yNuoSzyCU9kUoAyAyHlddySljzIDxPsIEks6dkLHI

spadenahouse2 (resized).jpgspadenahouse2 (resized).jpg

#435 4 years ago

Hey for all LE owners and now premium. If you wanna make your shooter match, coin door or coat your premium to LE finish let me know I figured out the exact color. Also i can do the SLE finish too
20191016_160013 (resized).jpg20191016_160013 (resized).jpg

#436 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Mine does it as well, I assume this is as designed because it also did it on the Deadflip stream where the designers of the game played it live. I can't imagine Lyman would have let it ride like that live on Twitch if it wasn't intended behavior no?

This is really annoying...maybe bend the ball guide just a bit? I’m sure Stern will send out a fix ala Black Knight.

#437 4 years ago
0ED8DCE2-FD98-4714-86F6-44C45C94F6EA (resized).jpeg0ED8DCE2-FD98-4714-86F6-44C45C94F6EA (resized).jpeg
#438 4 years ago

You’re missing one

#439 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You’re missing one

Nope! But two different locations.
3C6BBC66-AF7B-46A9-9FC2-BBF380D5309F (resized).jpeg3C6BBC66-AF7B-46A9-9FC2-BBF380D5309F (resized).jpeg

#440 4 years ago

Ive been asked. Yes i can do the speaker panel too if youd like to match the trim

20191024_132437 (resized).jpg20191024_132437 (resized).jpg
#441 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Ive been asked. Yes i can do the speaker panel too if youd like to match the trim[quoted image]

Do you have the ability to photoshop a pic to see what it might look like on the game? I’m interested in doing some of the pieces but don’t want it to look overwhelming (I think the coin door could be too much)

#442 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Do you have the ability to photoshop a pic to see what it might look like on the game? I’m interested in doing some of the pieces but don’t want it to look overwhelming (I think the coin door could be too much)

Sorry no. My personal opinion on my personal game I did the coin door and shooter but im gonna leave the panel black

#443 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Sorry no. My personal opinion on my personal game I did the coin door and shooter but im gonna leave the panel black

Any pictures?

#444 4 years ago

Yeah i gotta install everything still. I rarely get to work on my own pinballs cause im always filling orders but ill get one to you guys

#445 4 years ago

I hesitated posting anything, but I had to put this out here, the current code reminds me of my NIB experience with X-men. The original few updates were okay, but the game wasn’t done whatsoever, a few updates in and the game was fundamentally different / better.

I’ve put a lot of games under my belt with EHOH now and it feels like there is a lot missing, code layering that doesn’t seem to work out, features not integrated yet, and some issues that I can’t tell if they’re setup / tweaking issues with hardware or software.

It’s been discussed, but I’ve got my fingers crossed that there’s a material code update soon so it feels like a finished game. This isn’t just a final mode missing situation right now, the game isn’t done.

That being said, what’s in the game I like. Heck I’ve done an initial rating on it already, but the more time I spend with it, the more I’m wondering what the finished product is going to really be like.

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Hey owners - now that we have all had some time to play our new games make sure you rate it here on Pinside. It would be nice to see where it falls on the top 100 list. We only need a few more reviews to be officially ranked.

#446 4 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

I hesitated posting anything, but I had to put this out here, the current code reminds me of my NIB experience with X-men. The original few updates were okay, but the game wasn’t done whatsoever, a few updates in and the game was fundamentally different / better.
I’ve put a lot of games under my belt with EHOH now and it feels like there is a lot missing, code layering that doesn’t seem to work out, features not integrated yet, and some issues that I can’t tell if they’re setup / tweaking issues with hardware or software.
It’s been discussed, but I’ve got my fingers crossed that there’s a material code update soon so it feels like a finished game. This isn’t just a final mode missing situation right now, the game isn’t done.
That being said, what’s in the game I like. Heck I’ve done an initial rating on it already, but the more time I spend with it, the more I’m wondering what the finished product is going to really be like.

You obviously didn’t have a BM66 near it’s launch, did you?
I did, and that 1st year and half was beyond painful. And Lyman coded the living hell out of that thing in the end.

Versus now with Elvira, which is miles farther along out of the gate. This isn’t an Xmen situation, Lyman is going to make this thing sing when he’s done with it. And it certainly won’t be anywhere near the BM66 timetable.

Enjoy the ride, it’s going to be worth it.

#447 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Enjoy the ride, it’s going to be worth it.

Looking forward to it!

I had stayed away from BM66, which I do regret after playing the most recent code. He did a great job.

#448 4 years ago

LYMAN equals the GOAT of pinball software

#449 4 years ago

Apparently Stern has not finished building all the LEs yet. I am (im)patiently waiting for word on mine. Anyone else in the same boat?

I would have expected all the domestic LEs to be done by now. Can’t quite figure out the numbers, but wondering if having multiple titles on the line is resulting in fewer HOH games being produced per day than we would otherwise expect.

It would be cool to have an LE produced tomorrow though.

#450 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Apparently Stern has not finished building all the LEs yet. I am (im)patiently waiting for word on mine. Anyone else in the same boat?
I would have expected all the domestic LEs to be done by now. Can’t quite figure out the numbers, but wondering if having multiple titles on the line is resulting in fewer HOH games being produced per day than we would otherwise expect.
It would be cool to have an LE produced tomorrow though.

Your game has probably already been made. They were sequential serial numbered and people have already received LE games in the high 3xx. My guess is your vendor was slow to pay Stern so you got moved to the end of the line. Some vendors like mine pay on day one for their allotment. Others wait until they have collected the money from the buyers and then send it in. It is a bit of a game that the vendors play. Early vendor payment usually means lower serial numbers.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,068 posts in this topic. You are on page 9 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/9?hl=blackzarak and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.