Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png
IMG20240320201857.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 361.
#4851 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Seconded. Even using some of the LeMax spooky town stuff (although those are hella expensive)

LOL, this is exactly what I did three weeks ago. I even have animated tombstones going.

#4852 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

LOL, this is exactly what I did three weeks ago. I even have animated tombstones going.

Nice! They do match really well. I just added the diecast "campy camper" from a few pages ago, and a few things like the spooky town gargoyle fountain. Just got some pico LEDs yesterday to wire up. Should be great!

#4853 3 years ago

Really wish we could see what Dennis intended to do with his topper.

#4854 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Nice! They do match really well. I just added the diecast "campy camper" from a few pages ago, and a few things like the spooky town gargoyle fountain. Just got some pico LEDs yesterday to wire up. Should be great!

Checkout the animated tombstones from lemax spooky town. On ebay they can be had for about 30.00 pre owned. Yep I posted about that camper a month or so ago, not bad on ebay for like 5.00 and matches well.

#4855 3 years ago

The price on "Little Shop of Games" website is clearly a place holder. There is a few other websites that have the listing but the price is TBD. Stern is greedy but not stupid...(or are they?). Though they do need to get this topper out, the pin has been released for about a year now and the hype is dying down.

#4856 3 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

The price on "Little Shop of Games" website is clearly a place holder. There is a few other websites that have the listing but the price is TBD. Stern is greedy but not stupid...(or are they?). Though they do need to get this topper out, the pin has been released for about a year now and the hype is dying down.

Think little shop of games posted a page or 2 back and said this is the price from Stern!

Stern might not be stupid but a lot of us are stupid enough to buy an over priced topper, we proved that with Star Wars then we confirmed our stupidity buying up the Jurassic Park topper.

#4857 3 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

You don't believe the guy from LSOG who said that is what the price actually is?

The "hype" for the game is NOT dying down, it's only picking up as the code is finished up. It's a phenomenal game and a there is a backlog of orders for it!

Don't buy the topper if it offends you.

#4858 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

You don't believe the guy from LSOG who said that is what the price actually is?
The "hype" for the game is NOT dying down, it's only picking up as the code is finished up. It's a phenomenal game and a there is a backlog of orders for it!
Don't buy the topper if it offends you.

Most of us in this forum own this pin and love the game, we are already biased to what the hype really is.

#4859 3 years ago

Any owners here also have an AFM or AFMr? Wondering how different Ehoh Is from a shots/layout standpoint. Really intrigued by the theme and ambiance of Elvira but don’t want the gameplay to feel too similar in my small collection, thanks

#4860 3 years ago

I have both. Both are keepers with completely different play styles (fan layout aside). It’s actually much closer to Medieval madness in layout.

#4861 3 years ago

look how fast used ehoh pins are selling. Hype is far from over. I ordered a topper yesterday, dont really care ifvit was 500 or 1000. I think it will be great addition to a fantastic game. My distributor said price is prob gonna be 999

#4862 3 years ago

My guess is that it's got a big LCD in the middle. It flips up when crypt is open and displays the floating dead heads on the topper LCD instead of having them on the main LCD. That looks cool and fixes a complaint many have that the dead heads get in the way on the main display. Give the topper owners something cool regarding gameplay but non topper owners arent missing a new mode. Cost of the LCD plus 3 to 4 node boards for LCD, motor, lights, switches drive the cost up compared to the flat plastic toppers with only lighting effects that cost $400 to $600.

If they want extra credit the use the LCD in a "peppers ghost" type set up or one of those hologram fans so the dead heads look more ghost like. Maybe throw in some strobe flashers for lighting effects in sync with the game thunder audio. That might be worth the extra money.

#4863 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

My guess is that it's got a big LCD in the middle. It flips up when crypt is open and displays the floating dead heads on the topper LCD instead of having them on the main LCD. That looks cool and fixes a complaint many have that the dead heads get in the way on the main display. Give the topper owners something cool regarding gameplay but non topper owners arent missing a new mode. Cost of the LCD plus 3 to 4 node boards for LCD, motor, lights, switches drive the cost up compared to the flat plastic toppers with only lighting effects that cost $400 to $600.
If they want extra credit the use the LCD in a "peppers ghost" type set up or one of those hologram fans so the dead heads look more ghost like. Maybe throw in some strobe flashers for lighting effects in sync with the game thunder audio. That might be worth the extra money.

That would be a great topper!!

#4864 3 years ago

did u wax the gargoyles? Its almost annoying how often they hit the glass now. Not quite. But almost

#4865 3 years ago

I know the turret code isn't complete yet. But my turret is always off center like this. It tests fine in the menu. I've noticed it light up during a wizard mode. Is this normal?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4866 3 years ago

My buddy just picked up EHOH, the turret is offset and doesn’t spin, any help would be much appreciated

#4867 3 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

Most of us in this forum own this pin and love the game, we are already biased to what the hype really is.

And it's not dying down, only picking up.

#4868 3 years ago

Mine is offset, but works in house party as it should

#4869 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I know the turret code isn't complete yet. But my turret is always off center like this. It tests fine in the menu. I've noticed it light up during a wizard mode. Is this normal?
[quoted image]

Mine does same thing, no biggie.

#4870 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

[quoted image]

Gives the house character.

#4871 3 years ago

Noticed some denting in the shooter lane. I’m at less than 100 games. Turned the trough power way down.

FD9C62FF-C7FA-4308-8809-A4EF2E193391 (resized).jpegFD9C62FF-C7FA-4308-8809-A4EF2E193391 (resized).jpeg
#4872 3 years ago

FWIW - Had the $999 Stern list price for the topper confirmed by two other dealers.

Was hoping that the LSOG price was indeed just a placeholder but no such luck.

No word on availability.

#4873 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Noticed some denting in the shooter lane. I’m at less than 100 games. Turned the trough power way down.
[quoted image]

Cliffy makes a protector that prevents that kind of wear.

http://passionforpinball.com/ballejects.htm

#4874 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

FWIW - Had the $999 Stern list price for the topper confirmed by two other dealers.

It must have Elvira on it and be animated for that price.

#4875 3 years ago

If it does indeed have a screen perhaps Its costing this much due to asset negotiations...

My distributor did indeed confirm the price at 1000.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4876 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

perhaps its costing this much due to asset negotiations.

That might explain the rumored limit of 200 units. But $1k is still nuts for a topper.

#4877 3 years ago

Ok pix was removed so I deleted my post not to get anyone in trouble with the powers to be.

But there was revealing topper pix posted

#4878 3 years ago

Sucks. Stern really does make good toppers. I have a BKSOR attached to my BK topper.

But for $1K, I’m genuinely bummed because Elvira is a keeper for sure. That’s just too much money.

#4879 3 years ago

I’m in on a topper!

#4880 3 years ago

Pinball Paparazzi posted a picture on Facebook:

6175F5D4-33D6-46AA-9823-E4756E5FD7CF (resized).jpeg6175F5D4-33D6-46AA-9823-E4756E5FD7CF (resized).jpeg

#4881 3 years ago

Hope that’s an LCD. But the more I look at it I don’t think so.

#4882 3 years ago

This was on FB for a min and then deleted. Not sure what that’s worth but feel free to speculate lol.

A68666FA-BF17-499C-9532-9CC33B1E61E1 (resized).pngA68666FA-BF17-499C-9532-9CC33B1E61E1 (resized).png

#4883 3 years ago

It’s also gonna suck if we have to spend $1k on a topper and still open it by hand ...

#4884 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

It’s also gonna suck if we have to spend $1k on a topper and still open it by hand ...

Or have to take it apart and rebuild the whole dam thing over again. However those were like 469.00 which by now sounds very reasonably priced

#4885 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Or have to take it apart and rebuild the whole dam thing over again. However those were like 469.00 which by now sounds very reasonably priced

If this turns out to be the quality sh*t show that the Munsters topper was there are going to be 200 really pissed off owners.

#4886 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

I’m in on a topper!

Me too!! Told my distributor to hold one. Looks great!!

#4887 3 years ago

Just a guess, but I would hope it has something to do with the floating deadheads and mean that they somehow float in the air from the topper instead of on the LCD screen. Taking the deadheads off the LCD and putting them in a topper would be great!

But, that's just a wild guess.....

Rob

#4888 3 years ago

Ok - assume the Elvira image is static - what the heck does the topper do besides open and close the panel? That would be pretty sad.

The Munsters topper and even the JP one do more than that.

#4889 3 years ago

wacky, thx for the links to do this. Sounds so much better and the type 13 light kit is awesome. Can't load vid for some reason tho

20200904_182601 (resized).jpg20200904_182601 (resized).jpg20200904_182604 (resized).jpg20200904_182604 (resized).jpg20200904_182607 (resized).jpg20200904_182607 (resized).jpg20200904_182618 (resized).jpg20200904_182618 (resized).jpg20200904_182625 (resized).jpg20200904_182625 (resized).jpg
#4890 3 years ago
Quoted from PinRush72:

This was on FB for a min and then deleted. Not sure what that’s worth but feel free to speculate lol.
[quoted image]

Looks like there’s a pair of red eyes in each gargoyle pedestal that can be lit independent of the other pedestal.
That alone must have contributed at least two or three tens of dollars to the retail price.

#4891 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Looks like there’s a pair of red eyes in each gargoyle pedestal that can be lit independent of the other pedestal.
That alone must have contributed at least two or three tens of dollars to the retail price.

If that adds to the price, I'm still in. I think it can be their best one yet

#4892 3 years ago

The picture underneath may just be a placeholder until they get
An LCD in there - we don't know how far in the design lifecycle the photo was taken

#4893 3 years ago

If its an LCD that indeed mechanically pops up, it will be enough to sell it I think. I dont think it justifies the price, but I dont see them having an issue selling this. Didnt Jurassic Park toppers sell out immediately? That thing was met with a shit storm of hate, only to sell out almost instantly.

#4894 3 years ago

It needs to be an lcd. Flipping up to reveal static art that never changes would be a poor choice.

#4895 3 years ago

Anyone seen this topper? I guess it's a one-off, but damn this would be a great alternative to the limited gargoyle topper.

#4896 3 years ago

Thinking about adding these - they look quite a bit like the flashers in SS:

https://www.lemaxcollection.com/villages/spooky-town/accessories/lighted-lantern-bone-post-94490/

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4897 3 years ago

has anyone seen the topper in deadflips last stream?
he is streaming something else but topper can be seen in the background.
around 8:00 is focusing on it.

#4898 3 years ago
Quoted from cabal:

has anyone seen the topper in deadflips last stream?
he is streaming something else but topper can be seen in the background.
around 8:00 is focusing on it.

About the only thing he said about it was that it was very heavy. Hopefully he'll do another Elvira stream soon and we can finally see what it does.

#4899 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

About the only thing he said about it was that it was very heavy. Hopefully he'll do another Elvira stream soon and we can finally see what it does.

IMHO he is waiting to showcase it until the next code drops, which might be very shortly.

#4900 3 years ago

Yeah, if Jack has a production topper shown on stream they must be about to drop them and the code update for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,049 posts in this topic. You are on page 98 of 361.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/98 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.