• Also own Elvira and the Party Monsters 23 votes
    7%
  • Also own Scared Stiff 78 votes
    23%
  • I own all three now! 40 votes
    12%

(333 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,256 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image (resized).jpg
IMG_20210123_194012 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210123_162610923 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210123_162631608 (resized).jpg
PXL_20210123_153147374 (resized).jpg
EHOH.gif
CC7FA795-F949-47ED-A1C1-A9457CA95C36 (resized).png
8CDF2748-B59E-403C-807D-200BEA0FD60D (resized).png
7DAA012E-E7E8-451F-A07E-F78A46E3CC71 (resized).png
E7F3F8C2-ACC7-4601-9A31-038E70D7CFBD (resized).png
8623BD7F-3FE1-4507-9601-23C602811060 (resized).jpeg
20210121_173752 (resized).jpg
20210121_173742 (resized).jpg
20210121_173800 (resized).jpg
20210121_173747 (resized).jpg
20210121_173805 (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 6642 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 133.
#4801 4 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

So I'm setting up my new speakers and light kit and I got a serious snag. Whoever installed this screw tightened it so hard they completely stripped it out. Normally I'd go buy a stripped screw bit, but the screw is so small and there's no clearance for a drill. There's also no clearance for a Dremel tool to cut it. Any ideas?
Tried the rubber band method.
[quoted image]

Get a good screw driver and put pressure like if you were pushing the screw in and start rotating slowly. If you are using a good screw driver it will come off. just be careful with the monitor.

#4802 4 months ago

Steel wool instead of rubber band works good

#4803 4 months ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Finally got a video of the skull flasher dome with lit eyes I put together as well as the zombie and spider. They look pretty sweet in action.

Where did you get the zombie and spider mods?

#4804 4 months ago
Quoted from docquest:

...Makes me wish they would release details on the Elvira topper.

The price of the Elvira topper has been raised from $599.00 to $999.00 on the Little Shop of Games website. I hope that's a typo :
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/toppers/stern-toppers/elvira-house-of-horrors-topper-officially-licensed-stern-pinball-machine-product-502-7105-00/

#4805 4 months ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The price of the Elvira topper has been raised from €599.00 to $999.00 on the Little Shop of Games website. I hope that's a typo :
https://littleshopofgames.com/shop/toppers/stern-toppers/elvira-house-of-horrors-topper-officially-licensed-stern-pinball-machine-product-502-7105-00/

That's crazy. It better be pretty cool for that price. Maybe they see all the excitement for the game and decided to see how far they could push it price wise. You could buy 2 fully animatronic black knight toppers and a fully animatronic deadpool talking head for that much.

I also see they listed the new Avengers topper for $599.

#4806 4 months ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

$999.00 on the Little Shop of Games website.

That’s insane. I hope for your and all our sakes that is a typo. If it’s not or the topper is even close to that price, there’s no way I’m buying it. That can’t be the price, can it??

#4807 4 months ago

$999US...surely not. Us Aussies are getting smashed

Be around $1500 for us....gulp.

#4808 4 months ago

Stern is feeling bold with reduced production.

#4809 4 months ago

I currently own a JP3 and Judge Dredd, looking to sell the Dredd and align some funds to pre order an Elvira, but then Avengers dropped. I really like Elvira, but not a die hard fan or anything. I've played the game on location once, and something just clicked with me. The shots felt great, the house is really neat, and I like the video clips ect.

Anyone here looking to replace their Elvira for an Avengers, or thoughts? I can always wait on Avengers as well. I figured owners would be the best ones to ask! I really like Marvel, and can relate more to the franchise than Elvira, but same thing, not a die hard fan. Just looking for some help to decide.

#4810 4 months ago
Quoted from tyson171:

I currently own a JP3 and Judge Dredd, looking to sell the Dredd and align some funds to pre order an Elvira, but then Avengers dropped. I really like Elvira, but not a die hard fan or anything. I've played the game on location once, and something just clicked with me. The shots felt great, the house is really neat, and I like the video clips ect.
Anyone here looking to replace their Elvira for an Avengers, or thoughts? I can always wait on Avengers as well. I figured owners would be the best ones to ask! I really like Marvel, and can relate more to the franchise than Elvira, but same thing, not a die hard fan. Just looking for some help to decide.

I would never swap Elvira for Avengers. If you aren’t desperate for an Avengers LE, wait. Premiums and Pros will be available for a long time and those who can be patient have the advantage of getting later production models where the issues that invariably pop up in the early runs have been fixed. Sometimes they are minor issues; sometimes they are more substantial (e.g. properly mounting the Elvira VUK).

Avengers looks like it has great potential for gameplay (ramps look amazing), but until we get an idea of where the code is going to go it’s a bit too early to decide. Since Elvira is at v .99, we have a much better idea of where Lyman is taking the game. EHOH is a deep, varied game that deftly mixes horror and humor and takes what is a typical fan layout and uses it to make a surprisingly fast and challenging game. I love the first two Elvira games but wasn’t sure this Elvira was going to be a keeper. My first thought was “this is all there is? This looks pretty ho-hum.” I was very wrong.

If neither theme pushes you in one direction or another I suspect that long term Elvira may be the better choice (since I expect AIQ to sell more units). But I think it’s way to early to answer your Elvira vs. Avengers question.

#4811 4 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

I would never swap Elvira for Avengers. If you aren’t desperate for an Avengers LE, wait. Premiums and Pros will be available for a long time and those who can be patient have the advantage of getting later production models where the issues that invariably pop up in the early runs have been fixed. Sometimes they are minor issues; sometimes they are more substantial (e.g. properly mounting the Elvira VUK).
Avengers looks like it has great potential for gameplay (ramps look amazing), but until we get an idea of where the code is going to go it’s a bit too early to decide. Since Elvira is at v .99, we have a much better idea of where Lyman is taking the game. EHOH is a deep, varied game that deftly mixes horror and humor and takes what is a typical fan layout and uses it to make a surprisingly fast and challenging game. I love the first two Elvira games but wasn’t sure this Elvira was going to be a keeper. My first thought was “this is all there is? This looks pretty ho-hum.” I was very wrong.
If neither theme pushes you in one direction or another I suspect that long term Elvira may be the better choice (since I expect AIQ to sell more units). But I think it’s way to early to answer your Elvira vs. Avengers question.

Great advice! Thanks for your response, I would like to have both, and I know Elvira is already a great game, so sounds like my choice is an easy one. Elvira, and then look to scrape together some more funds for an avengers next year! Thanks again!

#4812 4 months ago

I waxed my gargoyles rods today ( no, its not what you're thinkin , but they do seem more relaxed now) and what a difference. Lower ones hit glass every time, upper far more than before.

#4813 4 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I waxed my gargoyles rods today ( no, its not what you're thinkin , but they do seem happier now) and what a difference. Lower ones hit glass every time, upper far more than before.

I am going to try this as well as mine are not reacting as I had hoped.

#4814 4 months ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I am going to try this as well as mine are not reacting as I had hoped.

don't put too much on, I just used my fingers then wiped off with micro fiber

#4815 4 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I waxed my gargoyles rods today ( no, its not what you're thinkin , but they do seem more relaxed now) and what a difference. Lower ones hit glass every time, upper far more than before.

You used regular playfield wax or a lubricant like super lube?

#4816 4 months ago

Ps21

#4817 4 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Not sure what you used specifically, but keep in mind playfield wax will eventually start to get hard, especially if you use more than a tiny bit. Definitely recommend super lube!

#4818 4 months ago

Figured it would be easy to remove if it didn't work. I didn't let it dry, just pulled gargoyles up to highest position, waxed and removed. Didnt let them drop b4 i removed wax so it wouldn't clog up slides. Don't know how long it will last but easy to do

#4819 4 months ago

I opened up #304059 last night and officially joined the club. Such a beautiful game! Loving it so far.

20200902_185724 (resized).jpg20200902_223454 (resized).jpg
#4820 4 months ago

nason wax and grease remover will easily clean and not harm anything.

#4821 4 months ago
Quoted from MattElder:

I opened up #304059 last night and officially joined the club. Such a beautiful game! Loving it so far.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I think you can get 1 or 2 more in there!! Looks great

#4822 4 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I think you can get 1 or 2 more in there!! Looks great

Haha, thanks! I have been taking measurements, believe me.

#4823 4 months ago

Do the gargoyles shit gold?

5827E9CD-B1E5-42D5-9B42-87742C7F2467 (resized).png

#4824 4 months ago

For the guys who are waiting for the trees, I've got your boxes all set, just need to mail them. I have a couple left if anyone is interested.

#4825 4 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

Does the gargoyles shit gold?
[quoted image]

That is flat out dumb, and frankly, a little insulting for LE /CE buyers. I ALREADY paid a $1k premium. Now there's this $700-of-profit topper?

#4826 4 months ago

Damn! I remember Greg Freres saying on the FNO Twitch stream that there was no way the Elvira topper would be even close to $725. He scoffed at the idea that it would be that expensive.

But that was back in December before the JP Topper showed Stern how many suckers there are in the pinball buying world. And I was ready to support Stern with an overpriced Elvira topper, but this is too much.

#4827 4 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

[quoted image]

I think actual headstones could be gotten for less.

#4828 4 months ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Damn! I remember Greg Freres saying on the FNO Twitch stream that there was no way the Elvira topper would be even close to $725. He scoffed at the idea that it would be that expensive.
But that was back in December before the JP Topper showed Stern how many suckers there are in the pinball buying world. And I was ready to support Stern with an overpriced Elvira topper, but this is too much.

If you look at the other Stern toppers most of them have sold out. However the Star Wars Topper at $749 is still avail from multiple places.

You would think Star Wars is more much popular than Elvira so if $749 Star Wars toppers don't sell out, I wonder why Stern would think Elvira toppers would do any better at $999?

#4829 4 months ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Well to be fair, he was correct: $999 isn’t close to $725, especially in topper dollars.

I was hoping that $999 was just a placeholder number given that I have no idea what it even does. Can anyone confirm any details of what it actually does at this point? For $999, there better be something extremely cool that gets revealed when the topper’s crypt sign rises - like another LCD - while at the same the two gargoyles stretch their wings, leap off their pedestals and fly around the room for 60 seconds. At a bare minimum.

#4830 4 months ago

It's just one shop and they aren't even available. Might just be a placeholder.

#4831 4 months ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

It's just one shop and they aren't even available. Might just be a placeholder.

Someone actually pointed out that they are posted at higher prices until Stern actually confirms them. $999 could certainly be a placeholder.

#4832 4 months ago

LSOG posted that $999 was correct and limited to 200.

#4833 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

If true, there he better be an LCD behind that middle section and one heck of an additional gameplay mode.

As for limiting it to 200, that makes absolutely no sense. And I’ve never understood why Stern doesn’t make the toppers available to LE owners first before they are generally available.

I was planning to buy one at $400-$500 but at $1k - not sure any topper could add enough to a game to possibly justify that price point.

#4834 4 months ago

Added a pinnovators sub board, really wakes game up. Have them on all our games

#4835 4 months ago
Quoted from jfh:

If true, there he better be an LCD behind that middle section and one heck of an additional gameplay mode.

How does the additional game play mode work?? I would think someone would figure out how to play it on JP3 without the topper.

#4836 4 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

[quoted image]

Hope so because Stern is banking on us literally taking it in the back door.

#4837 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Well, I’m out. I can ask Cassandra to film custom video for less than this thing

#4838 4 months ago
Quoted from Watacaractr:

Love this game! Decided to build my own topper![quoted image][quoted image]

So, with sterns toppers crazy price, are you interested in building some? I'm sure lots of interest

#4839 4 months ago

Any good instruction cards for these?

#4840 4 months ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Any good instruction cards for these?

check out coin dropper apron cards here

#4841 4 months ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

check out coin dropper apron cards here

Where?

#4842 4 months ago
Screenshot_20200903-212013_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
#4844 4 months ago

Thx, you convinced me. Ordered one

#4845 4 months ago
Quoted from PeterG:

[quoted image]

Does it do anything or is it just formed/moulded plastic?

#4846 4 months ago
Quoted from J85M:

Does it do anything or is it just formed/moulded plastic?

There’s a topper coil setting or something in the latest code. I would expect the door opens to reveal something inside the crypt. Could be really cool.

But for $1000, I’ll let the 200 people who aren’t me enjoy the experience.

#4847 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

There’s a topper coil setting or something in the latest code. I would expect the door opens to reveal something inside the crypt. Could be really cool.

would be simple to 3d print something that is even better and interacts with the game, just need to know the pinout for the wiring.

#4848 4 months ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Can one of you way more talented folks print/ sculpt and produce a topper?

I don’t normally buy this stuff but will happily support you instead.

#4849 4 months ago

Limiting to 200 is a dumb move, hope it isn't true. However if it's 500+ I probably won't care anyways.

#4850 4 months ago
Quoted from Vino:

Can one of you way more talented folks print/ sculpt and produce a topper?
I don’t normally buy this stuff but will happily support you instead.

Seconded. Even using some of the LeMax spooky town stuff (although those are hella expensive)

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
$ 65.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep
$ 19.95
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
COINTAKER.COM
$ 12.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sale Pending!
Providence, RI
There are 6642 posts in this topic. You are on page 97 of 133.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside