IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 363.
#4751 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I got the 5.25" speakers in the mail. The speakers came with wires that clip on but don't have the plastic connector. Do I just desolder the wires off the 4" speakers and just solder them on the new speakers?

Yeah...de-solder the wires from the original speakers and solder them onto the new speakers. Be mindful of the + and - connections.

I'm not really sure when Stern started adding that small molex disconnect on the speaker connections, but I know they were not there on all of the SPIKE 2 games. They make it nice for temporarily unhooking the speakers if they need to be removed for some reason....but for replacing them, not so much as the de-soldering and soldering is still needed for swapping in replacements.

#4752 3 years ago

I got the 5.25" speakers in the mail. The speakers came with wires that clip on but don't have the plastic connector. Do I just desolder the wires off the 4" speakers and just solder them on the new speakers?

yes you can do that, what I did was to order the connecter and solder that onto the new speakers that way I can swap stock back in if I want too. The Kenwoods come with a nice cable that you can crimp the connector on too.

Neil.

#4753 3 years ago

Yes. Be sure to change the impedance in your audio settings to match.

#4754 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Yes. Be sure to change the impedance in your audio settings to match.

Good thing you pointed this out. What do they need to be switched to?

#4755 3 years ago

Good thing you pointed this out. What do they need to be switched to?

If you bought 4ohm speakers switch it 4ohm and hear the difference. If you leave it at 8ohms the speakers will sound a bit louder then the 4ohm setting but 4ohm should sound crisper. FYI you can use 4ohm speakers at 4 or 8 ohm settings.

#4756 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

If you bought 4ohm speakers switch it 4ohm and hear the difference. If you leave it at 8ohms the speakers will sound a bit louder then the 4ohm setting but 4ohm should sound crisper. FYI you can use 4ohm speakers at 4 or 8 ohm settings.

4 ohms. Found it on the box.

Is there an ohm setting for the cabinet sub also? Bought that too.

If you can't tell I never went through the usual speaker fetish during my younger years.

#4757 3 years ago

4 ohms. Found it on the box.
Is there an ohm setting for the cabinet sub also? Bought that too.
If you can't tell I never went through the usual speaker fetish during my younger years.

It's in the game Utilities menu, audio maybe... then select back box speaker type and switch it to 4ohm.

Too be clear on my last post, I said you can run 4ohm speakers at 8ohms. In the past this would cause the amps to heat up too much and damage the amp. In recent years many electronics have upgraded quite a bit and has become a non issue on a lot of high end equipment. Now lets keep in mind were talking about Sterns china built boards lol, so in theory you shouldn't for you may or may not have an issue but I run mine at 8ohm just for that is what sounds better to me.

#4758 3 years ago

got the bone flippers with purple rubbers, and purple plastic protectors on...looks so nice

20200831_140023 (resized).jpg20200831_140023 (resized).jpg
#4759 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

got the bone flippers with purple rubbers, and purple plastic protectors on...looks so nice
[quoted image]

You need to paint those. Do a bit of weathering.

#4760 3 years ago
Quoted from PeterG:

You need to paint those. Do a bit of weathering.

ya, i saw others paintwash theirs...i may do that

#4761 3 years ago

Marco is now sold out of the flippers.
Will they restock/are they still being made?

#4762 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Marco is now sold out of the flippers

There is still a set to be had on ebay but they are $10.00 more then Marco had them..

ebay.com link: Bally Scared Stiff Pinball Boney Flipper Set 20 10343 NOS

#4763 3 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Marco is now sold out of the flippers.
Will they restock/are they still being made?

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-20-10343

this is where i got mine

#4764 3 years ago

Does anyone have a lead on a NIB Elvira? I have one on order but was told Jan - Feb before Stern makes more. Sites that have them listed don't really have them. Thanks!

#4765 3 years ago

having a new issue where the backdoor is tripping 3-4 times in a row.. or when I hit the garage lock (sometimes) it will trigger...

Thoughts?

#4766 3 years ago
Quoted from TTARider:

having a new issue where the backdoor is tripping 3-4 times in a row.. or when I hit the garage lock (sometimes) it will trigger...
Thoughts?

check the optos positions and if they are loose, maybe it's real close to being out of alignment and vibration moves the beam enough to open the circuit and register.

#4767 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Does anyone have a lead on a NIB Elvira? I have one on order but was told Jan - Feb before Stern makes more. Sites that have them listed don't really have them. Thanks!

ebay.com link: NEW Stern Elvira House Of Horrors Premium Pinball Machine Ships October

that's who i bought from. no headaches, no issues. ordered saturday, had it by wednesday, free shipping.

#4768 3 years ago

Flipper power on my Elvira just started dropping noticeably. This is my first pin so any help is appreciated. Stops seems solid so should I try to adjust my switches?

#4769 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Flipper power on my Elvira just started dropping noticeably. This is my first pin so any help is appreciated. Stops seems solid so should I try to adjust my switches?

Could be bad coil stops. Seems to be a fairly common problem on recent Sterns.

#4770 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

ebay.com link » New Stern Elvira House Of Horrors Premium Pinball Machine Ships October
that's who i bought from. no headaches, no issues. ordered saturday, had it by wednesday, free shipping.

Same here.. bought mine on a wednesday night, it shipped the next morning and was in my home by friday!

#4771 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

Try pinballs.com (call them) thats where i got mine

#4772 3 years ago
Quoted from TTARider:

Same here.. bought mine on a wednesday night, it shipped the next morning and was in my home by friday!

I tried the link and it adds $533 tax. Any sites tax free?

#4773 3 years ago
Quoted from xbmanx:

Try pinballs.com (call them) thats where i got mine

Agreed, call Mike and talk with him. According to his site he has 2 left right now.

#4774 3 years ago

So a bit of a weird issue here. May have been already discussed.

If the cellar has a ball in the vuk and then another ball enters the back-door.. that ball then stays on the small step before the vuk. The vuk fires the 1st ball out but the other ball doesn't fall into the cellar vuk... the vuk thinks there's a ball needing to be fired out so fires off until there's the malfunction message.

Pic shows the ball on the edge of the vuk but won't drop in. You can just make out the edge of the ball up the back.

I then painfully have to go into diagnostics, open the cellar then fire off the vuk after shaking the ball off the step into the vuk... is this possibly a simple pitch issue? All the optos are registering fine and everything works well unless 2 balls get caught in the cellar at once. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.

20200901_221446 (resized).jpg20200901_221446 (resized).jpg

#4775 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

So a bit of a weird issue here. May have been already discussed.
If the cellar has a ball in the vuk and then another ball enters the back-door.. that ball then stays on the small step before the vuk. The vuk fires the 1st ball out but the other ball doesn't fall into the cellar vuk... the vuk thinks there's a ball needing to be fired out so fires off until there's the malfunction message.
Pic shows the ball on the edge of the vuk but won't drop in. You can just make out the edge of the ball up the back.
I then painfully have to go into diagnostics, open the cellar then fire off the vuk after shaking the ball off the step into the vuk... is this possibly a simple pitch issue? All the optos are registering fine and everything works well unless 2 balls get caught in the cellar at once. Any solutions would be greatly appreciated.
[quoted image]

if you manually place a ball at the back door, does it easily roll down into the chute? if not, you may need adjust the metal piece of the VUK back a bit to widen the gap to allow the balls going in there more easily.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4776 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

if you manually place a ball at the back door, does it easily roll down into the chute? if not, you may need adjust the metal piece of the VUK back a bit to widen the gap to allow the balls going in there more easily.

Yeah if I place a single ball it goes down fine intovthe vuk every time but if there is already another ball in the vuk to prevent it, it stays on that backdoor step before the vuk as in pic... evan a strong shake doesnt move it. I may try adjusting metal piece like you suggested and see whT happens. Thanks for the suggestion.

The vuk goes into auto fire bout 10 times before it shuts off... with the ball on that tier not dropping in. Stuffs up the whole game unfortunately

#4777 3 years ago
Quoted from wtatumjr:

I know of some NIB LE and SLEs available.

#4778 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Could be bad coil stops. Seems to be a fairly common problem on recent Sterns.

Coil stops seem fine but I just changed the one on the right flipper and it is still the same weak flip.

#4779 3 years ago

I just ordered from Mike at Pinballs.com. Gave me 2.5% discount for cash but charges for shipping so it comes out about even. Thanks everyone! Now I have to figure out how to tell my wife I have this and Attack from Mars remake on order.

#4780 3 years ago

So I'm setting up my new speakers and light kit and I got a serious snag. Whoever installed this screw tightened it so hard they completely stripped it out. Normally I'd go buy a stripped screw bit, but the screw is so small and there's no clearance for a drill. There's also no clearance for a Dremel tool to cut it. Any ideas?

Tried the rubber band method.

20200901_155522 (resized).jpg20200901_155522 (resized).jpg

#4781 3 years ago

So I'm setting up my new speakers and light kit and I got a serious snag. Whoever installed this screw tightened it so hard they completely stripped it out. Normally I'd go buy a stripped screw bit, but the screw is so small and there's no clearance for a drill. There's also no clearance for a Dremel tool to cut it. Any ideas?
[quoted image]

Try a pair small vise grips.

#4783 3 years ago

[quoted image]

Could you use a cutting wheel on a dremel to cut a slot in the screw head then use a flat blade screw driver in that slot to unscrew it.

#4784 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Could you use a cutting wheel on a dremel to cut a slot in the screw head then use a flat blade screw driver in that slot to unscrew it.

Space is too small. Going to try buying a screw extractor and a drill bit extender. Maybe that will work. Will be a bit at an angle though.

#4785 3 years ago

Space is too small. Going to try buying a screw extractor and a drill bit extender. Maybe that will work. Will be a bit at an angle though.

No it isn't, hold the Dremel parallel to the front of the speaker panel and cut a slot to use a flathead.

#4786 3 years ago

[quoted image]

That's kind of an odd ball type / size screw from what I have seen. This is the only direct replacement, I believe, I have found on the internet:

https://www.boltdepot.com/Product-Details.aspx?product=26832

I actually expected the shipping on a single screw would really sting on getting a replacement (I was expecting a near $20 min shipping charge), but for me and my location...they actually have $4.95 shipping available. Not bad if someone would need a replacement.

#4787 3 years ago

Apologies as im sure this has been covered... Is there a section in this thread to deal with house ramp reject fixes? Getting them regularly... seems when its a fast direct hit it rejects.

My flippers do feel a little too strong but couldn't find a flipper strength setting in menus. Is there a way to dial them down.cheers

#4788 3 years ago

Finally got a video of the skull flasher dome with lit eyes I put together as well as the zombie and spider. They look pretty sweet in action.

#4789 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Finally got a video of the skull flasher dome with lit eyes I put together as well as the zombie and spider. The look pretty sweet in action.

Looks great!!

#4790 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Apologies as im sure this has been covered... Is there a section in this thread to deal with house ramp reject fixes? Getting them regularly... seems when its a fast direct hit it rejects.
My flippers do feel a little too strong but couldn't find a flipper strength setting in menus. Is there a way to dial them down.cheers

Yes to all, go to game specific settings, and go backwards as flipper strength is typically towards the end. Also , as of recently I reduced pitch which drastically reduced ramp rejects. In my case I went from 7 down to 6.6 or so. It greatly reduced them.

teddyb73 reported the same findings, so props to him if it works for you.

#4791 3 years ago

might be covered here but just picked up a premium, added the side armor, new speakers,light up speakers and inner blades. any other must haves for this game? also any tips on glare from the light up speakers?

#4792 3 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

might be covered here but just picked up a premium, added the side armor, new speakers,light up speakers and inner blades. any other must haves for this game?

Absolutely required:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/

#4793 3 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

might be covered here but just picked up a premium, added the side armor, new speakers,light up speakers and inner blades. any other must haves for this game? also any tips on glare from the light up speakers?

Shaker is really well integrated. Bent plastics might help glare. If you bought lights from speaker light kits, they are dimmable

#4794 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Yes to all, go to game specific settings, and go backwards as flipper strength is typically towards the end. Also , as of recently I reduced pitch which drastically reduced ramp rejects. In my case I went from 7 down to 6.6 or so. It greatly reduced them.
teddyb73 reported the same findings, so props to him if it works for you.

Great thanks for the tips.

#4795 3 years ago

I realize this is being greedy, but I wonder if there is a code drop soon? The last Stern if the Union indicated as much for August, but it never came out AFAIK

EDIT: duh. Yes it did, .99 halfway into August

#4796 3 years ago

Hello! I just joined the club. I purchased LE #181! I now have all 3 Elvira pins.

#4797 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvira:

Hello! I just joined the club. I purchased LE #181! I now have all 3 Elvira pins.

You had to buy it? I would have thought Stern would give you one for all the work you did

#4798 3 years ago

Awesome to see that Stern released a trailer for the new Avengers that shows the topper and other planned accessories.

Makes me wish they would release details on the Elvira topper.

#4799 3 years ago

Any tips , the house sometimes rejects shots in it?

#4800 3 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

Any tips , the house sometimes rejects shots in it?

What is your pitch setting at? try 6.5' or even 6.3' and you will get a lot less rejects

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,114 posts in this topic. You are on page 96 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/96?hl=xbmanx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.