IMG_0413 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 363.
#4701 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

ebay.com link » Pyle Plpw8d 8 800w Car Audio Subwoofer Sub Power Woofer Dvc 4 Ohm Black

Thanks for the info. So a question about speakers including the Kenwood 5.25 inch 4 ohm backbox speakers and the cabinet option mentioned here. Since all the speakers would be 4 ohms and I assume connected to individual channels, haven't checked wiring on Spike 2 to see if it is series, parallel, or direct, I have read there is a setting in Spike 2 games that allows you to change to 4 ohm speakers versus 8 ohm speakers. Is this true? I haven't had a chance to check since I am not near the game. Just don't want to overload the board.

#4702 3 years ago
Quoted from drbrain:

Thanks for the info. So a question about speakers including the Kenwood 5.25 inch 4 ohm backbox speakers and the cabinet option mentioned here. Since all the speakers would be 4 ohms and I assume connected to individual channels, haven't checked wiring on Spike 2 to see if it is series, parallel, or direct, I have read there is a setting in Spike 2 games that allows you to change to 4 ohm speakers versus 8 ohm speakers. Is this true? I haven't had a chance to check since I am not near the game. Just don't want to overload the board.

Yep there is a setting in audio to change between 4 and 8 ohms. I use the 4 ohms speakers but like the output set on 8ohms. That is what just sounds better to my hearing anyway, then again I have hearing loss from 9/11 so you'll have to judge for yourself.

#4703 3 years ago

If I want to replace the speakers in my premium backbox and keep the original look. Which 4 inch speakers do you guys recommend?

Thanks

#4704 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

If I want to replace the speakers in my premium backbox and keep the original look. Which 4 inch speakers you guys recommend?
Thanks

why not get the le speakers and get an adapter plate? i will be printing a set for myself tomorrow.

#4705 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

If I want to replace the speakers in my premium backbox and keep the original look. Which 4 inch speakers you guys recommend?
Thanks

Another option is buying 5.25" speakers and using a 3d printed adapter bracket instead. I've done this on a couple games and it works great. Only downside is if you want to do speaker lights it might not look great, but I'm not sure since I haven't tried that.

#4706 3 years ago

I ask myself. Is this my favorite game ever?

If not it’s damn close

#4707 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

why not get the le speakers and get an adapter plate? i will be printing a set for myself tomorrow.

To be honest. I really don't like the look of the LE speakers.

#4708 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

You don't have to see them with a 3d printed adapter plate.

#4709 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I ask myself. Is this my favorite game ever?
If not it’s damn close

An easy yes for me.

#4710 3 years ago

so I gave up trying to figure out an adjustment for the trunk and printed a spacer to move the trunk lid off of the side a bit. works perfect and the lid no longer hits the side of the trunk. list of issues are dwindling.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4711 3 years ago

Mine is registering the loop shot when hitting the main house ramp, and sometimes when hitting the main house ramp the haunt will start but the ball will come straight back out before she speaks. Also sometimes ball gets stuck in house. I took the roof off the house but didn’t see any loose screws and couldn’t tell much. In the coil tests all coils make the pop sound, except for one, which clicks a little, I forget what it’s called but is one behind house, didn’t know if all coils are supposed to “pop” during test. Thanks for any direction

#4712 3 years ago
Quoted from Kside:

Mine is registering the loop shot when hitting the main house ramp, and sometimes when hitting the main house ramp the haunt will start but the ball will come straight back out before she speaks. Also sometimes ball gets stuck in house. I took the roof off the house but didn’t see any loose screws and couldn’t tell much. In the coil tests all coils make the pop sound, except for one, which clicks a little, I forget what it’s called but is one behind house, didn’t know if all coils are supposed to “pop” during test. Thanks for any direction

Perform a full code install. Could be a bad update.

#4713 3 years ago

Hey folks, I bought a number of these creepy trees for the game - they could be painted black (see earlier photos in the thread) or kept brown if you like.

If you’re interested, let me know, I can do $10 plus postage

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#4714 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

just printed this adapter, printing another over night for the other side. i like the look of the LE speakers so I will probably design a 3d printable LE style bracket but for now these work fine.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4715 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

just printed this adapter, printing another over night for the other side. i like the look of the LE speakers so I will probably design a 3d printable LE style bracket but for now these work fine.[quoted image][quoted image]

Where did you find the correct size nuts and bolts for the brackets? I put one set in, but I just used some random parts I had laying around, but I want to convert more of my games.

#4716 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

Where did you find the correct size nuts and bolts for the brackets? I put one set in, but I just used some random parts I had laying around, but I want to convert more of my games.

I just used m4x20 cap heads that I had laying around. The printed bracket calls for a hex head but didn't have them on hand. Honestly it is kinda pointless because the speaker won't sit flat on the bracket. I just added nuts to the backside of the bolt then put the speaker on it and it worked perfectly. I installed 4 bolts but only used 2 to hold the speaker as it seemed sufficient. I will check it in a few weeks and if need be add 2 more nuts. I want to get some m4 lock nuts to not have to worry about them working loose.

I just switched the game from 8ohm to 4ohm. Honestly 4 ohm sounds better but I don't want to hurt the audio driver. Not sure what settings the le ships with. Regardless the le speakers sound light-years better than the crap that the pro has. Imagine if do this upgrade with every spike 2 system I buy.

#4717 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I just switched the game from 8ohm to 4ohm. Honestly 4 ohm sounds better but I don't want to hurt the audio driver. Not sure what settings the le ships with. Regardless the le speakers sound light-years better than the crap that the pro has. Imagine if do this upgrade with every spike 2 system I buy.

I have been wondering the same thing as well and have asked this in another post with no response: "I know this is an older post but trying to get to the bottom of upgraded all 3 speakers in an Elvira Premium. I already have the upgraded plates from Speakerlightkits.com and the recommended Kenwood backbox 5.25 inch 1366 speakers. The Kenwood 5.25 inch speakers are 4 ohm and the Pyle PLPW8D 4/8ohm dual voice coil speaker has been recommended for the cabinet. It can be wired as either 4 or 8 ohms. Since all the speakers could be 4 ohms and I assume connected to individual channels, haven't checked wiring on Spike 2 to see if it is series, parallel, or direct, I know there is a setting in Spike 2 games that allows you to change to 4 ohm speakers versus 8 ohm speakers. I was curious what others have done and if anyone knows the wiring on Spike 2? Just don't want to overload the board."

#4718 3 years ago
Quoted from drbrain:

I have been wondering the same thing as well and have asked this in another post with no response: "I know this is an older post but trying to get to the bottom of upgraded all 3 speakers in an Elvira Premium. I already have the upgraded plates from Speakerlightkits.com and the recommended Kenwood backbox 5.25 inch 1366 speakers. The Kenwood 5.25 inch speakers are 4 ohm and the Pyle PLPW8D 4/8ohm dual voice coil speaker has been recommended for the cabinet. It can be wired as either 4 or 8 ohms. Since all the speakers could be 4 ohms and I assume connected to individual channels, haven't checked wiring on Spike 2 to see if it is series, parallel, or direct, I know there is a setting in Spike 2 games that allows you to change to 4 ohm speakers versus 8 ohm speakers. I was curious what others have done and if anyone knows the wiring on Spike 2? Just don't want to overload the board."

unfortunately i am not sure of the answer but i have not dug in to it either. the best i can do is ask my friend with an le what is set in the menu by default. i am using the same speakers as the le in the backbox and am about to buy the same sub. amazing what a difference the le speakers make, not worth the extra scratch still to get an le but i can see the value it adds.

#4719 3 years ago

Finally in the club.

3078A6E5-0ED6-448F-88C2-E3F8262B167C (resized).jpeg3078A6E5-0ED6-448F-88C2-E3F8262B167C (resized).jpeg
#4720 3 years ago

congrats! don't forget to get the .99 code update.. huge changes from the .85 that was preloaded on NIB

#4721 3 years ago

If you run that old code it will burn up the driver board for your motors. It happened to me.

#4722 3 years ago

This really works!

#4723 3 years ago

Is there a list of all the deadhead names? Want to put one on casket from medicinal when he makes next batch. Thx

#4724 3 years ago

So my left ramp exit opto is stuck on, if I unplug the opto it is no longer stuck on. Anyone have any ideas here? Any chance someone could snap a picture of the connectors for it from under the pf? The wire colors are not matching what is in the manual at all, not that it really means anything.

I tried to take the switch out of service in the service menu hoping the game would compensate but it does not. Really makes the game a lot less fun with that switch being out...

#4725 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

So my left ramp exit opto is stuck on, if I unplug the opto it is no longer stuck on. Anyone have any ideas here? Any chance someone could snap a picture of the connectors for it from under the pf? The wire colors are not matching what is in the manual at all, not that it really means anything.
I tried to take the switch out of service in the service menu hoping the game would compensate but it does not. Really makes the game a lot less fun with that switch being out...

Did you check the alignment and make sure the beams can see each other?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4726 3 years ago

Got my Premium Side Armor today!

3A4B581C-0A80-4AD8-AE44-C1080541522C (resized).jpeg3A4B581C-0A80-4AD8-AE44-C1080541522C (resized).jpeg
#4727 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

[quoted image]

Dude, that’s pretty rad. I think I need to find me some side armor. I’m checking but assuming it’s sold out!

#4728 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Dude, that’s pretty rad. I think I need to find me some side armor. I’m checking but assuming it’s sold out!

It was sold out everywhere, then I found a distributor here in Germany that had still one left. I am very happy with it, looks better than on photos.

#4729 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

[quoted image]

Wow that compliments the premium really well!

#4730 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

It was sold out everywhere, then I found a distributor here in Germany that had still one left. I am very happy with it, looks better than on photos.

Yeah. It’s not even on the Stern site at all, not even listed as sold out. It does look great. Hopefully, they will get more in stock. I’m also excited to see the topper. I just hope it’s not $600.

#4731 3 years ago

I finally got to the”Director’s Cut” and it was lots of fun. The only problem is that I’m not sure how I got there ????

#4732 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I finally got to the”Director’s Cut” and it was lots of fun. The only problem is that I’m not sure how I got there ????

You finished four haunts, that's how you got there.

#4733 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Just got there tonight for the first time myself! Huge game - made it on ball 1 through House Party, Gappa (drained on second phase), Satanic Rites (drained basically right away), got to Clowno the deadhead, drained. but I had 2 extra balls from The crypt and finishing modes, and suddenly Director’s cut! Started it, and.. drained.

Got GC though, 650 million or so.

Then a thunderstorm rolled in, games get unplugged.

#4734 3 years ago

Just picked this up 2 days ago, what a great game!! 7 mods on the way, so far

20200827_100437 (resized).jpg20200827_100437 (resized).jpg20200827_100500 (resized).jpg20200827_100500 (resized).jpg
#4735 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Did you check the alignment and make sure the beams can see each other?

best i can tell they can. bad thing is i dont know what side is bad, the emitter or the receiver and each side is $20...

#4736 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Colors dont match mine either from connector to connector. Red goes to red, green/brown goes to pink/purple and black/orange goes to black/brown.

Seems like alignment of holes or undersized holes is common on this game so I would confirm it is not an alignment issue. Might be easier to take them off the ramp to determine if they are working correctly. If you confirm one side is bad you could try swapping with a known good one from other part of the game to narrow down which side is not working.

20200829_174453 (resized).jpg20200829_174453 (resized).jpg
#4737 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Colors dont match mine either from connector to connector. Red goes to red, green/brown goes to pink/purple and black/orange goes to black/brown.
Seems like alignment of holes or undersized holes is common on this game so I would confirm it is not an alignment issue. Might be easier to take them off the ramp to determine if they are working correctly. If you confirm one side is bad you could try swapping with a known good one from other part of the game to narrow down which side is not working.
[quoted image]

Thanks for that. My wires appear to be the same colors so I will pull them off the ramp and see if it is an alignment issue. I have considered pulling the optos from the right ramp but they are zip tied in place and I did not want to mess around with it but seems that is what I will have to do.

#4738 3 years ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Just picked this up 2 days ago, what a great game!! 7 mods on the way, so far
[quoted image][quoted image]

I love that Hayfarmer

Looks like a man cave garage like mine

I’ve got 20 and maybe room for 5 more

Then I’m DONE

#4739 3 years ago

Help! just join the club tonight. Purchased with only 30 plays. Set it up and I'm getting a house malfunction error. Hoping somebody else has seen this and can tell me what's going on. Thanks in advance.

#4740 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I love that Hayfarmer
Looks like a man cave garage like mine
I’ve got 20 and maybe room for 5 more
Then I’m DONE

Damn, I have 7, no more room. Already 2 cars outside so I know I can't have any more space!

#4741 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Help! just join the club tonight. Purchased with only 30 plays. Set it up and I'm getting a house malfunction error. Hoping somebody else has seen this and can tell me what's going on. Thanks in advance.

If the coil it energizing and there isnt a ball there to break.the beam then the opto is probably not aligned.

See this post which had a similar problem that was fixed by enlarging the opto holes.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/55#post-5592156

#4742 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If the coil it energizing and there isnt a ball there to break.the beam then the opto is probably not aligned.
See this post which had a similar problem that was fixed by enlarging the opto holes.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/55#post-5592156

Awesome , thanks. I just unplugged the opto and confirmed it stopped firing.

#4743 3 years ago
Quoted from waldo34:

Awesome , thanks. I just unplugged the opto and confirmed it stopped firing.

I had a similar issue (and quite a few others apparently) where the right ramp opto would have phantom triggers. In my case the pop bumpers firing would vibrate the right ramp enough to trigger the opto. You would start un-happy hour very quickly and gets lots of jackpots because it thought you were making right ramp shots over and over again. Enlarging the holes stopped the phantom triggers.

Stern seems to be making them just big enough but if the alignment is off just a little and you have problems. Seems like making the holes a little bigger makes them more robust against slight misalignment. Makes me wonder if there is any drawback to making them too big. Maybe Stern is worried about ramp integrity if holes are too big?

#4744 3 years ago

That makes sense the 1st owner didn't have a problem, we move the game to my house and now there's a problem. sounds like just a slight move of opto. I'll let everyone know how I fair in the morning. Hope the mansion is easy to remove.

#4745 3 years ago

Well I didn't test the right ramp optos on the left but I did test the left on the right. Transferred the issue with it. Also I noticed the rx side has an led on the right. Seems there isn't one lighting up on the left. Also I put my camera phone in front of the tx side and it glows pink as expected. Seems the rx is just dead. Wish I could repair it, I am not patient.

#4746 3 years ago

Just installed the gargoyle and casket mod. I think it blends in really well with the art style of the game. Thanks Medisinyl!

20200830_113748 (resized).jpg20200830_113748 (resized).jpg
#4747 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Just installed the gargoyle and casket mod. I think it blends in really well with the art style of the game. Thanks Medisinyl![quoted image]

Looks great, I'm on the list for next batch!!

#4748 3 years ago

I'm in, boys!
Got a little bored with my JP Prem after a few months of ownership.
I feel lucky to have found a distributor that traded JP+cash for a NIB Elvira!
After setting it up and hopping in, I was having a blast! The callouts, the references to past games, the adult innuendo; all top notch.
Looking forward to a few mods and getting deeper into the game!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4749 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Fixed my issue, thanks.

#4750 3 years ago

I got the 5.25" speakers in the mail. The speakers came with wires that clip on but don't have the plastic connector. Do I just desolder the wires off the 4" speakers and just solder them on the new speakers?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Trade
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,132 posts in this topic. You are on page 95 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/95?hl=therudyb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.