Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png
IMG20240320201857.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,054 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 362.
#4651 3 years ago

I assume this has been brought up before but I can't find it, I apologize. My buddy and I both have Elviras and have the same problem. The Gargoyle Upkick barely dribbles the ball out of the hole (or just tries three or four times before it actually makes it out). A bit frustrating, but the issue is that one of the shots has you activating the action button to hit one of the three spot targets under the crate and there's no way that ball will ever make it over there. The mechanism is tight and the coil is maxed out in power. I assume others are having this problem. Is there a fix?

Thanks.

#4652 3 years ago
Quoted from Hogey:

I assume this has been brought up before but I can't find it, I apologize. My buddy and I both have Elviras and have the same problem. The Gargoyle Upkick barely dribbles the ball out of the hole (or just tries three or four times before it actually makes it out). A bit frustrating, but the issue is that one of the shots has you activating the action button to hit one of the three spot targets under the crate and there's no way that ball will ever make it over there. The mechanism is tight and the coil is maxed out in power. I assume others are having this problem. Is there a fix?
Thanks.

There is a Stern fix as noted in this post:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/51#post-5536034

#4653 3 years ago

I decided to purchase my first two pinball machines this summer. I had ordered a Deadpool Premium a few weeks ago that is still somewhere between Stern and my distributor, and I was also on the waiting list for a September JP Premium. Elvira HoH was on my short list when deciding on games, and a couple days ago, I called my distributor and asked to be taken off the JP list and to be notified when an Elvira came in. One was in stock, so I bought it. Hopefully, it will be here in a couple days and will the first pin for my son and me. I am really looking forward to this one and think it was the right choice for us. I had ordered a Stern shaker for Deadpool but think I might put it in the Elvira and order another for Deadpool. Shaker worth it for Elvira? Thanks for all info from this thread; reading this thread helped convince me to make the change in order.

#4654 3 years ago
Quoted from MechaDog:

I decided to purchase my first two pinball machines this summer. I had ordered a Deadpool Premium a few weeks ago that is still somewhere between Stern and my distributor, and I was also on the waiting list for a September JP Premium. Elvira HoH was on my short list when deciding on games, and a couple days ago, I called my distributor and asked to be taken off the JP list and to be notified when an Elvira came in. One was in stock, so I bought it. Hopefully, it will be here in a couple days and will the first pin for my son and me. I am really looking forward to this one and think it was the right choice for us. I had ordered a Stern shaker for Deadpool but think I might put it in the Elvira and order another for Deadpool. Shaker worth it for Elvira? Thanks for all info from this thread; reading this thread helped convince me to make the change in order.

Congrats and that is one hell of a first pinball machine choice you made. Elvira HOH will be a real tough act to follow for any additional purchases for you as this is your first machine and you chosen (wisely) on a machine that has one of the best game designers in the business doing the layout, one of the greatest artist who also happened to do all three Elvira machines and finally one of if not the best programmer in the business today. If you were a gambler you nailed triple 777's on your first purchase with Dennis, Greg and Lyman.

**Oh yeah get the shaker Lyman has some great effects in there for it, beside it's only like a $100 mod and 5 minutes to install.**

#4655 3 years ago
Quoted from MechaDog:

It’s always a matter of personal preference, but I think a shaker makes sense for any modern pin.

#4656 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Still waiting for the Premium Side Rails for this game back in stock in the stern shop. Asked STERN last week about them, they told me they will get them back soon. But now they took them out of their shop completly. I think that is a bad sign. Is there anyone else selling them?

Unfortunately, you missed the restock. I posted about it a couple of days ago, I think they sold out in a few hours. So maybe some distro's will get stock on them soon as well.

#4657 3 years ago

looking at adding a shaker to my premium...i know stern has qualms about 3rd party motors; is there one that's "known-good"?

#4658 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

looking at adding a shaker to my premium...i know stern has qualms about 3rd party motors; is there one that's "known-good"?

I have a regular shaker from cointaker in my game, works great. They include the capacitor kit.

#4659 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have a regular shaker from cointaker in my game, works great. They include the capacitor kit.

for some reason, I thought the ones they sold were the authentic stern shakers

#4660 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

Maybe it's the PBL ones that don't have the capacitor kit?

Rob

#4661 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

There are no markings on it, but it works well. Have them on all my games. I usually turn the weights to limit the shake as i prefer a faint rumble.

#4662 3 years ago

Well I pulled the trigger on a nice, lightly routed, premium. Glad to be in the club. Game has sat unused since covid so code was a bit old. having the trunk lock issue still so going to fix that then play the hell out of it.

#4663 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Well I pulled the trigger on a nice, lightly routed, premium. Glad to be in the club. Game has sat unused since covid so code was a bit old. having the trunk lock issue still so going to fix that then play the hell out of it.

We know what your weekend consists of, congrats !

#4664 3 years ago

Has anyone received and installed a new house diverter motor? (I have a question, if you have.)

#4665 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

We know what your weekend consists of, congrats !

Fixing crap build quality issues? LOL. I fixed the trunk issue by using a chunk of weather stripping to hold the ball slightly forward. it works great.

The trunk lid has some play in it and is scraping on the front of the trunk. Anyone have any idea how to fix this (dude is getting me a new decal for it so not concerned about this one)?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4666 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

https://www.pinballlife.com/shaker-motor-kit-rev-c-for-stern-spike-spike-2-system-games.html
this is one i got from pinballlife ...I love it in HOH rumble effects are great

#4667 3 years ago

Today my girl has arrived and she will stay a long time, maybe forever.

Everything is working so far.
I only have to install the backdoor-shot service kit next week or so. The parts were included separately.

First I installed the 0.99 code, because she came with code 0.83.

Modding:
I added two trees (hope you can see them on the pictures) and now I have to wait for those fantastic Medisinyl mods.

Very happy......

20200822_135314 (resized).jpg20200822_135314 (resized).jpg20200822_135159 (resized).jpg20200822_135159 (resized).jpg

20200822_135218 (resized).jpg20200822_135218 (resized).jpg

#4668 3 years ago

Pictures

#4669 3 years ago

Those trees look awesome. Are they the ones posted earlier in the thread ?

#4670 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Those trees look awesome. Are they the ones posted earlier in the thread ?

No.

Here they are:

ebay.com link: NOCH 22020 Spur H0 TT N Baumrohling Linde Modellb ume

And those, search for:
"C11 Heki Konvolut 4 Linden unbeflockt"
I think these are the better looking ones.
I got the last one I think, don't know if they are still available

I coloured/sprayed them black. Double clue tape, voila. Easy to re-install.

#4671 3 years ago

Trying to troubleshoot my deadhead mech. See the loose screw? I’m assuming this is bad? Looks like a total ass pain to disassemble.

Yeah, upon fiddling with it, the screw seems too loose to allow tension to raise the mech. Sigh.
image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#4672 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Trying to troubleshoot my deadhead mech. See the loose screw? I’m assuming this is bad? Looks like a total ass pain to disassemble.
Yeah, upon fiddling with it, the screw seems too loose to allow tension to raise the mech. Sigh.
[quoted image]

Lift the play field and look for loose stuff around the Mech. It’s a common problem, fixed mine in just a couple mins from underneath. My issue was the deadhead kept cycling

#4673 3 years ago
Quoted from Slapfighter:

No.
Here they are:
ebay.com link » Noch 22020 Spur H0 Tt N Baumrohling Linde Modellb Ume
And those, search for:
"C11 Heki Konvolut 4 Linden unbeflockt"
I think these are the better looking ones.
I got the last one I think, don't know if they are still available
I coloured/sprayed them black. Double clue tape, voila. Easy to re-install.

Brilliant. Thank you for the link!

#4674 3 years ago

Problem solved. The screw on the deadhead mech was never tightened. Like, at all. I’m surprised it lasted as long as it did.

I had to remove the entire mech to get to it. Yuck. Works like a champ now.
F9D7D0CB-D8F3-4840-AC8A-0095D8058BBD (resized).jpegF9D7D0CB-D8F3-4840-AC8A-0095D8058BBD (resized).jpeg

#4675 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Brilliant. Thank you for the link!

Here are the Heki trees pictured from above. I painted them black.
Screenshot_20200822-210059_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200822-210059_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200822-210109_eBay (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200822-210109_eBay (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4676 3 years ago

Hiya just bought a new Elvira! I’m pretty sure it’s not working correctly, just wanted to make sure and check if anyone else has this problem. I don’t think the house shot is registering - it will start the haunt, but after that nothing happens when I shoot it in the house. How many times am I supposed to shoot it for another haunt to light and is it supposed to do anything when shooting through it? Also in brain that wouldn’t die the 2nd or 3rd shot tells me to compete the house shot but I’ve shot it up the ramp 3 times and nothing happens even though the shot is lit, so i can’t progress any farther. Any ideas?

#4677 3 years ago
Quoted from Bearsbeatsbsg:

Hiya just bought a new Elvira! I’m pretty sure it’s not working correctly, just wanted to make sure and check if anyone else has this problem. I don’t think the house shot is registering - it will start the haunt, but after that nothing happens when I shoot it in the house. How many times am I supposed to shoot it for another haunt to light and is it supposed to do anything when shooting through it? Also in brain that wouldn’t die the 2nd or 3rd shot tells me to compete the house shot but I’ve shot it up the ramp 3 times and nothing happens even though the shot is lit, so i can’t progress any farther. Any ideas?

First haunt starts with one shot, second with two shots...etc. check your house optos, might be misaligned.

#4678 3 years ago

Yea it takes 3-4 after first haunt and only starts haunt when it goes in backdoor. How do I check house optos?

#4679 3 years ago

Looks like left loop isn’t registering either, might be same one that’s not working

#4680 3 years ago

Getting my Elvira Hoh in December. A good friend is saving it for me NIB. I paid him half so far.
Ok. My first question is. Does the Premium come with the regular size speakers? I really like how the 5.25" Kenwoods look on my ST. (As picture)
Second. What are your favorite mods? I already bought the clown shooter rod.
Thanks in advance.

20200823_082232 (resized).jpg20200823_082232 (resized).jpg
#4681 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Getting my Elvira Hoh in December. A good friend is saving it for me NIB. I paid him half so far.
Ok. My first question is. Does the Premium come with the regular size speakers? I really like how the 5.25" Kenwoods look on my ST. (As picture)
Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

They come with the 4" speakers, you can do the upgrade to 5.25 Kenwood speakers and 5.25" adapter plates.

#4682 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

What are your favorite mods? I already bought the clown shooter rod.
Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

Premium upgrades I would say are essentials

1. Mirror Blades , or Side art Blades
2. Shaker Motor
3. Medisinyl Mods: Gargoyle Vuk and Mausoleum

#4683 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

AMD Sydney? No stock?

No, not for many months.

#4684 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

2. Shaker Motor

Agreed. Also the Lermods 3D Crypt sign

#4685 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

Medisinyl Mods: Gargoyle Vuk and Mausoleum

Do they still sell these? Every time I look at their pinside shop, it's just Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper stuff

#4686 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

Do they still sell these? Every time I look at their pinside shop, it's just Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper stuff

He has a thread, you need to get on the list.might be sold out still though, but worth checking

#4687 3 years ago
Quoted from Pozzest01:

This is what was sent to me to fix the vuk. Good luck.[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you. Much appreciated.

#4688 3 years ago
Quoted from tk375:

Thanks in advance.
[quoted image]

If you visit speakerlightkits.com Doug will sort you out. If you get the deluxe kit with 5.25 speaker frame you get the frame for $25... best kit to get. With that kit and speakers installed it looks the same as the LE.

#4689 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

I appreciate your interest.

There's still a running waitlist on the Elvira mods (backlogged on everything I make currently), and some mods were also temporarily pulled from the shop to help slow down excess orders and will eventually get a final run call (some were already permanently discontinued).

Elvira mods won't make it to the shop until all the initial runs are complete (though may be put on hold at that point to focus on the long TMNT list). Been a hectic year, and as always, I'm thankful for the support.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods

Can PM me with the Elvira mods you'd like and I can get you on the list (no payment/commitment until parts are being built for your run).

#4690 3 years ago

I have looked in the manual more times than I can count and am unable to find the diagram for the trunk assembly. Is that in the manual? Trying to figure out why my trunk lid is ripping up the trunk decal.

#4691 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I have looked in the manual more times than I can count and am unable to find the diagram for the trunk assembly. Is that in the manual? Trying to figure out why my trunk lid is ripping up the trunk decal.
[quoted image]

I checked the manual on Stern's website and you are correct, there is no exploded diagram for the trunk. I would suggest sending an email to Stern tech support and ask them about this. Also, you could contact your vendor who may be able to just get you a replacement trunk assembly since your lid is binding against the side of the trunk.

Rob

#4692 3 years ago

Mine was also doing this - there are only 2 screws holding the lid on. I loosened both to allow a bit more play, and added some blue lo tire; the binding is gone and the side of the trunk is no longer being damaged

#4693 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

2. Shaker Motor

Agree with 1 and 2. 3rd I would suggest speaker upgrades for improved sound coupled with lighting from speakerlights.com over the 3D printed add ons. I appreciate why people like the gargoyle Vuk etc but I’ve never been a fan of 3D printed stuff.... much prefer to spend hard earned on sound improvement, or some kind of lighting upgrade. Each to their own though.

#4694 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Mine was also doing this - there are only 2 screws holding the lid on. I loosened both to allow a bit more play, and added some blue lo tire; the binding is gone and the side of the trunk is no longer being damaged

Can you please take a picture of this? I don't see two screws holding the lid on.

#4695 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

[quoted image]

That looks like a mess. You need a replacement. I’d just contact Stern.

#4696 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

If memory serves there is more to it than tightening down a screw. I believe the real adjustment is a nut on the assembly. You have to loosen the screw on the far left, adjust the nut and then tighten the screw. It is easy to figure out if you remove the little section of ramp blocking your view.

Can you please explain how? I do not see it being adjustable. The post is one solid piece all molded together.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#4697 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Agree with 1 and 2. 3rd I would suggest speaker upgrades for improved sound coupled with lighting from speakerlights.com over the 3D printed add ons. I appreciate why people like the gargoyle Vuk etc but I’ve never been a fan of 3D printed stuff.... much prefer to spend hard earned on sound improvement, or some kind of lighting upgrade. Each to their own though.

I think covering this HIDEOUS VUK is probably number 1 on the list of things to do for this cab imo.. so ugly it hurts my brain looking at it.

Screenshot_20200825-093200_Gallery (resized).jpgScreenshot_20200825-093200_Gallery (resized).jpg
#4698 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Can you please take a picture of this? I don't see two screws holding the lid on.

One on the left side, one on the right which holds the arm. If I recall correctly, the left one doesn’t really screw in tightly, it’s more there for retention.

#4699 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Can you please explain how? I do not see it being adjustable. The post is one solid piece all molded together.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You don’t need to take any of that out of the game. raise the play field up on the support struts, and while standing at the left side of the game you will see the left hand screw we are talking about. But you’ll need to put ALL that stuff back in first.

#4700 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You don’t need to take any of that out of the game. raise the play field up on the support struts, and while standing at the left side of the game you will see the left hand screw we are talking about. But you’ll need to put ALL that stuff back in first.

I still am not understanding what to do here. All 4 of the screws are tight and hold the crate mech together. I tried loosening each of them to see what happens. The left two screws cause the playfield side of the crate to push out more (and make the problem worse) and the back two control the back of the crate that is under the ramp. The big one is what holds the pivot point for the lid. No adjustment that I have tried thus far has caused the lid to not flop side to side enough to damage the decal.

edit: added a picture of the top down with the lid removed to show what i am seeing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

18,500 (OBO)
8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

14,000 (OBO)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (Firm)
$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

There are 18,054 posts in this topic. You are on page 94 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/94 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.