IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 362.
#4551 3 years ago

. . . and the zombie.

zombie installed (resized).jpgzombie installed (resized).jpgzombie plastic (resized).jpgzombie plastic (resized).jpgzombplas upside down (resized).jpgzombplas upside down (resized).jpg
#4552 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Eegah is right there in front left center on the backglass so if not yet, I hope he will be.
After all, we're talking about a pre-Jaws Richard Kiel here.

Officially TCFS is the last haunt I think, but with Lyman at the helm you just never know.

Rov

#4553 3 years ago
Quoted from djh00000:

Fairly new to the game but I can't figure out how to get the turret to work. What shots do you need to hit? Thanks!!

1. The turret turns during House Party when the Super Jackpot is lit. Make the shot when the eye is facing you to add a ball.
2. The turret turns during Attic Attack multiball. Each side of the turret represents a Super Jackpot.
3. The turret turns during They Came From Space.

I think that's it unless someone knows of another occurrence. ???

#4554 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Officially TCFS is the last haunt I think, but with Lyman at the helm you just never know.
Rov

That’s a little annoying; unless I missed something, there are at least 3 more movies listed and placed right on the backglass: Eegah!, Don’t go down to the basement, and Wasp Woman

#4555 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Communication from Stern stated that anything built before December did not have the updated guides.

I just checked my game - I was WAY off, my build date is Nov 4, 2019, it is an LE and it most definitely has the upgraded guide.

#4556 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That’s a little annoying; unless I missed something, there are at least 3 more movies listed and placed right on the backglass: Eegah!, Don’t go down to the basement, and Wasp Woman

I was only going by what the readme file says:

- Implemented final haunt (formerly Attic Party, now: THEY CAME FROM
SPACE).

What do you mean when you say they are listed?

Rob

#4557 3 years ago

Joined the Club. 1st Pin

#4558 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

1. The turret turns during House Party when the Super Jackpot is lit. Make the shot when the eye is facing you to add a ball.
2. The turret turns during Attic Attack multiball. Each side of the turret represents a Super Jackpot.
3. The turret turns during They Came From Space.
I think that's it unless someone knows of another occurrence. ???

Thank you!!

#4559 3 years ago
Quoted from stoneocelot:

Joined the Club. 1st Pin

You picked a winner. Do you have it in your possession yet? We're here to help if you have questions or issues. The current batch of premiums seem pretty good out of the box.

#4560 3 years ago

Hey Elvira House of Horrors premium owners, I'm searching for a game to buy situated not too far from either NJ or CA where my International freight company is based. They would then ship the game to me in Australia.

I can supply references to other Pinsiders who I've purchased from in the past to verify you are not being scammed.

As I have international freight charges and an unfavourable exchange rate to also deal with my budget is limited, but will consider all offers.

Thanks for reading.

#4561 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

SPACE).
Rob

They are named on the Stern-designed side blades

#4562 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

SPACE).
Rob

Maybe I'm being optimistic but I read "final haunt" as referring to the last haunt after you light all the house windows.

It would be great if Lyman added more movies as secret windows or as random alternates to the existing 6 main haunts. But even if no more are added I'm still very happy with what's there now. He did such a great job integrating the clips and music on the current haunts. The original music from the different films really adds to the variety of the haunts.

#4563 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Maybe I'm being optimistic but I read "final haunt" as referring to the last haunt after you light all the house windows.
It would be great if Lyman added more movies as secret windows or as random alternates to the existing 6 main haunts. But even if no more are added I'm still very happy with what's there now. He did such a great job integrating the clips and music on the current haunts. The original music from the different films really adds to the variety of the haunts.

A few more haunts doesn't hurt But, I'm waiting to see what the market target does and I'm not sure if the dagger has been implemented yet. It's nice to see some font size cleanup in the last update.

Rob

#4564 3 years ago
Quoted from fridgejam:

Hey Elvira House of Horrors premium owners, I'm searching for a game to buy situated not too far from either NJ or CA where my International freight company is based. They would then ship the game to me in Australia.
I can supply references to other Pinsiders who I've purchased from in the past to verify you are not being scammed.
As I have international freight charges and an unfavourable exchange rate to also deal with my budget is limited, but will consider all offers.
Thanks for reading.

AMD Sydney? No stock?

#4565 3 years ago

well, that's a new place to stick a ball..wanna guess what DOESN'T pop-up as a part of the stuck ball procedure? game decided that ball is lost forever, ended ball 1, and queued up the next one in the chute

20200816_091209 (resized).jpg20200816_091209 (resized).jpg
#4566 3 years ago

There really does need to be some game play aspect of ALL of the characters portrayed in the backglass. Especially EEggack as he seems to be the primary character in the art.

#4567 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Totally agree with this. I have 3 games which have pending updates are are not “finished”. (EHOH, Houdini, POTC). They are all “fairly complete”, but EHOH is the only one that has anything even remotely resembling an update in over a YEAR. And not only has it been multiple updates, but they have all added considerable features to the game, and made it more fun each time.

Houdini has an update coming pretty soon, and POTC started off pretty complete, but EHOH code updates have surpassed them both

#4568 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

My gargoyles are stiff and don't leap very high. Someone said to grease them. I have white lithium grease and chainsaw oil. Are either of these ok for this?

The only fix is to remove the gargoyle and file the the rectangular slits slightly wider. They will fly up and always come down

#4569 3 years ago

got my banner hung...tried attaching my elvira couch toy above the right ramp with quake hold, but it's not doing a very good job...is there something you guys recommend that won't damage the toy or the plastic above the ramp?

20200816_134220 (resized).jpg20200816_134220 (resized).jpg

#4570 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

got my banner hung...tried attaching my elvira couch toy above the right ramp with quake hold, but it's not doing a very good job...is there something you guys recommend that won't damage the toy or the plastic above the ramp?
[quoted image]

I sometimes use piano wire (thin flexible but strong rods) to make a mount and just unscrew one of the ramp screws. You can move it around pretty easily to where you want it and it will stay in place

#4571 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

[quoted image]

Very well hung...Elvira would be pleased.

#4572 3 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

The only fix is to remove the gargoyle and file the the rectangular slits slightly wider. They will fly up and always come down

I agree with Tom that's the only thing that works , and once you to do it will never stick again!

#4573 3 years ago

Can you guys help me out with a question? When your playing, and you shoot the ball up the front ramp into the house to start a movie. Does the ball sometimes roll back down from time to time?

Thanks

#4574 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Can you guys help me out with a question? When your playing, and you shoot the ball up the front ramp into the house to start a movie. Does the ball sometimes roll back down from time to time?
Thanks

Yes; mine still does this even though I’ve attempted to fix it numerous times. The explanation appears to be that mechanism behind the back panel is not aligned well and the post is unable to push up as quickly as it needs to. You can pull the playfield out and get behind it to adjust. It’s only a couple screws

#4575 3 years ago

My deadhead mech went bananas after the code update. Coincidence, or has anyone else had issues?

The mech will continuously cycle through the closed door, skull and opening. In attract mode, it isn’t fully closed.

#4576 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

My deadhead mech went bananas after the code update. Coincidence, or has anyone else had issues?
The mech will continuously cycle through the closed door, skull and opening. In attract mode, it isn’t fully closed.

I'd say it is a coincidence. Did you try the diagnostic tests?

Rob

#4577 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes; mine still does this even though I’ve attempted to fix it numerous times. The explanation appears to be that mechanism behind the back panel is not aligned well and the post is unable to push up as quickly as it needs to. You can pull the playfield out and get behind it to adjust. It’s only a couple screws

Thanks for the explanation. Anyway you could post a picture of where the screws are at?

Thanks pal.

#4578 3 years ago

Has anyone heard anything about the "Make your own B movie trailer" feature? Just wondering if this is going to happen or maybe fall to the waste side like villain vision did on BM66. Either way can't complain as this machine is awesome.

#4579 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I'd say it is a coincidence. Did you try the diagnostic tests?
Rob

I haven’t dug into it yet. I wasn’t sure if it was code related. I’ll pop the hood and report back.

#4580 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

I haven’t dug into it yet. I wasn’t sure if it was code related. I’ll pop the hood and report back.

Its pure coincidence as Rob said. I had the SAME thing happen, its just a loose screw in bottom of play field. Super easy fix

#4581 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Would very much appreciate a pic as well of the screws. Have same issue on my machine.

#4582 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Would very much appreciate a pic as well of the screws. Have same issue on my machine.

I believe there was a much better explanation than mine already posted in the thread. Not sure if it’s been pinned or not

Um.. yep. Right in the key posts:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/48#post-5512477

#4583 3 years ago

So are street prices any less than MSRP or do all distributors have the same price still? Looking to order a 3lvira this week and want to know if I should bother calling around.

#4584 3 years ago

I know of an LE and a couple SLEs NIB still from my favorite distributor if you are looking that route.

#4585 3 years ago

I got my HOH on Friday and had it set up Friday night, between kids and I already have a hundred plays on it. Is there any sort of PDF manual or just the random how too docs spread through out the machine?

Also I need to better level it, I think. Left to right seem very level on the multiple spots on the play field. My question is what should the slop be from front to back. I'll pick up a degree indicator today. If I get the bubble level centered next to the plunger the playfield seem very flat. I was reading a few other post that said the level the bottom of the cabinet and the slope is built into the machine. Just thought I would ask. Seems to be a sensitive subject.

#4586 3 years ago
Quoted from stoneocelot:

I got my HOH on Friday and had it set up Friday night, between kids and I already have a hundred plays on it. Is there any sort of PDF manual or just the random how too docs spread through out the machine?
Also I need to better level it, I think. Left to right seem very level on the multiple spots on the play field. My question is what should the slop be from front to back. I'll pick up a degree indicator today. If I get the bubble level centered next to the plunger the playfield seem very flat. I was reading a few other post that said the level the bottom of the cabinet and the slope is built into the machine. Just thought I would ask. Seems to be a sensitive subject.

6.5deg is the common slope, but if you have issues making the backdoor shot, you can increase to 7. You can level the machine using a smartphone, if you get an app like Pinball Leveler..you can even have it call out while you're under the machine adjusting the feet until it reaches the desired slope.

#4587 3 years ago

Thanks, Ill try out the pinball leveler app.

#4588 3 years ago
Quoted from stoneocelot:

Thanks, Ill try out the pinball leveler app.

also, be sure to place it on the actual playfield, not the glass. (i totally never made that mistake..not once...)

#4589 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I know of an LE and a couple SLEs NIB still from my favorite distributor if you are looking that route.

My wallet barely likes the MSRP price for the premium. The le is beautiful and I really like the armor and the art blades are awesome. Just not worth the price increase.

#4590 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

So are street prices any less than MSRP or do all distributors have the same price still? Looking to order a 3lvira this week and want to know if I should bother calling around.

Never hurts to call around. On paper distributor prices are all the same. On the phone not so much.

#4591 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Never hurts to call around. On paper distributor prices are all the same. On the phone not so much.

That hasn't been my funding so far. I call and ask for the price on Elvira house of horrors and every one has come back with the same price. The way people on here talk everyone offers a different price, unless I am doing something wrong that does not appear to be the case. Do I need to change my tactic? Perhaps say "what is the best price you have on an Elvira?"

#4592 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

That hasn't been my funding so far. I call and ask for the price on Elvira house of horrors and every one has come back with the same price. The way people on here talk everyone offers a different price, unless I am doing something wrong that does not appear to be the case. Do I need to change my tactic? Perhaps say "what is the best price you have on an Elvira?"

You need to come to the deal with an incentive for the distro. Offer cash. Offer to pick it up, buy a couple of games at once and see if you can make a deal. Many distros are flexible and will help you out, but “give me your best deal” and offer nothing in return and they aren’t going to bend over backwards for you.

#4593 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I don't think you will get much of a break on EHOH. not many come up for sale, and when they do come up, they move pretty quickly. I don't think stern is making them right now, so not an abundance of supply. to me, by far, it's the best game stern has made in quite a while...better than IM and JP.

#4594 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You need to come to the deal with an incentive for the distro. Offer cash. Offer to pick it up, buy a couple of games at once and see if you can make a deal. Many distros are flexible and will help you out, but “give me your best deal” and offer nothing in return and they aren’t going to bend over backwards for you.

If I am calling for a price why bother to get in to negotiations? When I called about GB they gave me the best price by just asking. I am calling to check if I want to bother to go further in the process with them. I could certainly pay cash for the game or pick it up but with time, gas, and vehicle rental the savings would be a wash. I have never bought NIB before so the concept is quite foreign to me. This helps me understand it a bit more.

Quoted from Lermods:

I don't think you will get much of a break on EHOH. not many come up for sale, and when they do come up, they move pretty quickly. I don't think stern is making them right now, so not an abundance of supply. to me, by far, it's the best game stern has made in quite a while...better than IM and JP.

I agree here. I think not many come up for sale because first it is a great game, and second it is not really a Stern release but rather Ka-Pow so perhaps it is not moving as many units. They are supposed to rerun it this fall at least. I may give up on calling around and just order from whomever has it in stock then.

#4595 3 years ago

I have an EHOH and sometimes the ball will get stuck in the cellar to the point of declaring operator error for the cellar mechanism. I checked the top of this thread for a fix and I didn't see anything. Anyone else have this issue or have a fix for it?

#4596 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I believe there was a much better explanation than mine already posted in the thread. Not sure if it’s been pinned or not
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/48#post-5512477

Thanks, I made a point to try this but assume I did something wrong or missed something. Will fiddle with it further.

#4597 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Thanks for the post but unfortunately that's not my issue. When you shoot it up the front ramp into the house. It will just roll back down the front ramp from time to time.

#4598 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

If I am calling for a price why bother to get in to negotiations? When I called about GB they gave me the best price by just asking. I am calling to check if I want to bother to go further in the process with them. I could certainly pay cash for the game or pick it up but with time, gas, and vehicle rental the savings would be a wash. I have never bought NIB before so the concept is quite foreign to me. This helps me understand it a bit more.

I agree here. I think not many come up for sale because first it is a great game, and second it is not really a Stern release but rather Ka-Pow so perhaps it is not moving as many units. They are supposed to rerun it this fall at least. I may give up on calling around and just order from whomever has it in stock then.

If you're looking for the best price shipped on Elvira contact JJ from Game Exchange. Plus he's a cool dude.

#4599 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

and second it is not really a Stern release but rather Ka-Pow so perhaps it is not moving as many units.

I don't believe EHOH is a Ka-Pow game. More of a specialty game that was designed outside of Stern (by Dennis Nordman & Greg Freres) then built by Stern. While not officially a 'WhizBang Pinball' machine, something akin to it.

#4600 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Thanks for the post but unfortunately that's not my issue. When you shoot it up the front ramp into the house. It will just roll back down the front ramp from time to time.

Yep. thats the one

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

18,500 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 92 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/92?hl=sebastian88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.