Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png
IMG20240320201857.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,054 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 362.
#4501 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

That's been there for a long time.

Really lol, I never noticed it until I did the update and watch my wife shoot a game. Awesome thank you.

#4502 3 years ago

Could there be a Mini LCD like on Star Wars, Hobbit or JJP Pirates on the topper that flips up and shows the deadheads instead of the normal Monitor?

#4503 3 years ago

I once would buy toppers for all my games. Not sure what it is but i just dont see any point in them anymore and could give a crap if they are interactive or not. I rarely look up at the screen let alone all the way up to the topper.

Bksor tweaked my interest a little, but that thing is exceptional. Other than that the Stern toppers are stupidly overpriced... i use to think before springing 200 on a nice laseriffic topper... but these stern prices for toppers are a joke. I hope Elvira is a bksor version 2.0 but either way I'm happy to leave Elvira top(per)less.

#4504 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

I once would buy toppers for all my games. Not sure what it is but i just dont see any point in them anymore and could give a crap if they are interactive or not. I rarely look up at the screen let alone all the way up to the topper.
Bksor tweaked my interest a little, but that thing is exceptional. Other than that the Stern toppers are stupidly overpriced... i use to think before springing 200 on a nice laseriffic topper... but these stern prices for toppers are a joke. I hope Elvira is a bksor version 2.0 but either way I'm happy to leave Elvira top(per)less.

And if it unlocks some exclusive new mode like in JP2, I am gonna be pissed!

#4505 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

Could there be a Mini LCD like on Star Wars, Hobbit or JJP Pirates on the topper that flips up and shows the deadheads instead of the normal Monitor?

Wow, I love this idea.

#4506 3 years ago
Quoted from Asael:

I dont think a mini LCD would look that good. It was a similar size to the mini one in star wars, or the hobbit book you would need binoculars to see the floating dead head in it.

The idea to move the floating head from the main display to a second display might look cool though if the topper LCD was big enough to see the head clearly.

#4507 3 years ago

I would love to see more of the small Elvira video, especially if you cancel the full screen video of her. I would also like it if the deadheads were less obtrusive to the multiball and other videos. The timing seems odd sometimes.

#4508 3 years ago

Did a quick mock-up of the Campy Camper... only the first print, having trouble figuring out the best support/print profile, and the door fell off but I can already tell it will come out pretty good!

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4509 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Did a quick mock-up of the Campy Camper... only the first print, having trouble figuring out the best support/print profile, and the door fell off but I can already tell it will come out pretty good![quoted image]

already looking good! where do you see this sitting? over one of the ramp returns?

#4510 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Did a quick mock-up of the Campy Camper... only the first print, having trouble figuring out the best support/print profile, and the door fell off but I can already tell it will come out pretty good![quoted image]

I thought about 3d printing them, but this was way easier and all I had to do was design the bracket to hold it.

ebay.com link: Greenlight Hitched Homes Series 6 1962 Shasta Airflyte Travel camper

facc02c66ec4aa71e17f6b141ea3dde24114d3d4 (resized).jpegfacc02c66ec4aa71e17f6b141ea3dde24114d3d4 (resized).jpeg
#4511 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I thought about 3d printing them, but this was way easier and all I had to do was design the bracket to hold it.
ebay.com link » Greenlight Hitched Homes Series 6 1962 Shasta Airflyte Travel Camper[quoted image]

I can’t even believe these things exist!

This one looks closest as far as the shape and windows:

ebay.com link: itm

I’d put it right in front of the one on the back panel (just like in the photo above), but painted and decaled like the one from the game.

#4512 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I can’t even believe these things exist!
This one looks closest as far as the shape and windows:
ebay.com link
I’d put it right in front of the one on the back panel (just like in the photo above), but painted and decaled like the one from the game.

That's the exact same one as I posted, just the awning isn't shown but comes with it. I bought it with the colors as shown above which was close enough for me, in fact that is my HOH machine above. I was going to use a paint marker and paint the webs and write elvira on the side, but I got lazy lol. Looks great under the lit moon thru the trees though.

l16001 (resized).jpgl16001 (resized).jpgl16005 (resized).jpgl16005 (resized).jpgl16006 (resized).jpgl16006 (resized).jpgl16007 (resized).jpgl16007 (resized).jpgl16008 (resized).jpgl16008 (resized).jpgl16009 (resized).jpgl16009 (resized).jpg
#4513 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

That's the exact same one as I posted, just the awning isn't shown but comes with it. I bought it with the colors as shown above which was close enough for me, in fact that is my HOH machine above. I was going to use a paint marker and paint the webs and write elvira on the side, but I got lazy lol. Looks great under the lit moon thru the trees though.

It does look really good! I should have my wife design some decals and save myself the trouble !

#4514 3 years ago

This one looks pretty close as well.

51P3ZXN9H1L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg51P3ZXN9H1L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
#4515 3 years ago

My gargoyles are stiff and don't leap very high. Someone said to grease them. I have white lithium grease and chainsaw oil. Are either of these ok for this?

#4516 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

My gargoyles are stiff and don't leap very high. Someone said to grease them. I have white lithium grease and chainsaw oil. Are either of these ok for this?

Yikes. No.

Get Silicone lube and use a TINY. TINY amount. like put a little on your fingers and just wipe the rods.

What will make more of a difference is loosening the screws a bit and making sure all of the parts that make up the base and the switch trigger are lining up. They kind of just sit on top of one another and can get loose, which makes the parts twist a bit, and they bind up on the gargoyle rod.

#4517 3 years ago

I used a tiny bit of the lithium grease and it worked. If it starts binding again I'll loosen the screws. Thanks

#4518 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

You can I use playfield wax on them. Anything wet will only cause you problems down the road when it gums up. Make sure your shafts are nice and straight. Stern cabled tried foam to them for shipping and bent the shafts in the process. Easy fix. By the way, you did take the foam off on the underside didn't you? I have to ask. You wouldn't be the first one on here that missed that step when setting it up.

#4519 3 years ago
Quoted from TTARider:

Just ordered a premium today! Anxiously waiting now!

Where did you order from and when is delivery? I called a week or 2 ago and was told october at the earliest.

#4520 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You look to be under extruding by quite a bit.

#4521 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

You can I use playfield wax on them. Anything wet will only cause you problems down the road when it gums up. Make sure your shafts are nice and straight. Stern cabled tried foam to them for shipping and bent the shafts in the process. Easy fix. By the way, you did take the foam off on the underside didn't you? I have to ask. You wouldn't be the first one on here that missed that step when setting it up.

Yeah, they are straight and foam off. The little bit of grease worked for now. Both the front ones hit the glass and the back ones almost make it every time.

#4522 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

You look to be under extruding by quite a bit.

Yeah; it’s PETG, I’m not used to it yet

#4523 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Where did you order from and when is delivery? I called a week or 2 ago and was told october at the earliest.

I bought from classicgamerooms on ebay saturday, it was delivered wednesday, nib. can't recommend them strongly enough

#4524 3 years ago

How is the ball supposed to come off the shooter lane ramp? Mine rattles around like crazy and My game is dead level and 7*. I’ve tried taking that metal shooter lane ramp out and tweaking it a bit to no avail.

#4525 3 years ago

"They Came From Space" is a rush!

15974657080207544627642219672782 (resized).jpg15974657080207544627642219672782 (resized).jpg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4526 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

How is the ball supposed to come off the shooter lane ramp? Mine rattles around like crazy and My game is dead level and 7*. I’ve tried taking that metal shooter lane ramp out and tweaking it a bit to no avail.

How is the alignment of your shooter rod?

#4527 3 years ago

She’s here!!

1B1C36FE-6A9E-4169-8C51-957B0BA97ACB (resized).jpeg1B1C36FE-6A9E-4169-8C51-957B0BA97ACB (resized).jpeg
#4528 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

"They Came From Space" is a rush![quoted image]

Sure is, great animations.....really adds another dimension to it. This game is amazing.

#4529 3 years ago

One EHOH for sale here says it has "back door shot kit from Stern"
Anyone knows about it?
feel free to make saucy jokes, but i'd really like to know how to fix it, bc mine is just impossible

#4530 3 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

One EHOH for sale here says it has "back door shot kit from Stern"
Anyone knows about it?
feel free to make saucy jokes, but i'd really like to know how to fix it, bc mine is just impossible

The shot is imposible if the game's upper left playfield is low. I took the house off to prove this in the early days. The ball would simply roll past the back door hole regardless of speed. If you can't hit the shot raise the rear left leg leveler until it is possible. Stern was taking a lot of heat for this so the redesigned a guide to make it easier. The part was added to builds starting in Nov 2019. If your build date is Dec 2019 or greater you already have the part installed. It really isn't needed once you get the side to side level sorted out.

#4531 3 years ago

Is anybody else watching/rewatching any/all of the episodes of Elvira’s Movie Macabre that are referenced in the game? I had to track down They Came From Beyond Space as I hadn’t heard that one was going to be in it.

#4532 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

The shot is imposible if the game's upper left playfield is low. I took the house off to prove this in the early days. The ball would simply roll past the back door hole regardless of speed. If you can't hit the shot raise the rear left leg leveler until it is possible. Stern was taking a lot of heat for this so the redesigned a guide to make it easier. The part was added to builds starting in Nov 2019. If your build date is Dec 2019 or greater you already have the part installed. It really isn't needed once you get the side to side level sorted out.

Thank you
I own a le, got it in October 2019 so i doubt it has it. Did someone ask stern to send them the guide?

#4533 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Is anybody else watching/rewatching any/all of the episodes of Elvira’s Movie Macabre that are referenced in the game? I had to track down They Came From Beyond Space as I hadn’t heard that one was going to be in it.

Check Shout Factory’s website. They have a bunch of episodes of Movie Macabre. I can’t remember if TCFBS is on there but a lot of the others are.

Has Don’t Go Into Thr Basement ever been added to the game? Or Eegah! ?

#4534 3 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Thank you
I own a le, got it in October 2019 so i doubt it has it. Did someone ask stern to send them the guide?

Yes. Contact Stern's part department through their website and ask them for the Elvira Update Kit. Be sure to include your machine info and your address.

#4535 3 years ago

This might be a "DUH" moment..but I noticed after doing a full update to .99 that when i open the coin door there's no longer that warning (i think it was 48v disabled while door open? I really should have paid more attention) and the game doesn't suspend..all the lights are on until I press a button that loads the service menu.
Is this a setting I can't find or perhaps its not related but just happened to notice at the same time and Its a mechanical switch issue?

As far as the Elvira Movies for this I WISH i could find them in canada. NO one has coffin collection for sale that isn't ridiculously over priced(not paying 300 dollars for movies that are in the public domain) none of the streaming services has the 2011 series only the 80's series or the 2017 series Tubi has some of the movies but not the actual episodes hosted by Elvira

I think amazon prime US has them but not avail to Canadian customers.

#4536 3 years ago
Quoted from stf_dnx:

Thank you

Your LE should have it. Mine was built before October (what’s your build date?) and it was included

#4537 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Your LE should have it. Mine was built before October (what’s your build date?) and it was included

Communication from Stern stated that anything built before December did not have the updated guides.

#4538 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Communication from Stern stated that anything built before December did not have the updated guides.

My premium has a built date of Nov 16'th and it had the revised guides on it from the factory.

#4539 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I would check again. Mine was built November 1st and did not have them. There were some early games that did not have the guides at all and Stern sent out the original (shorter) guides to owners. The newer guides were created in November so I don’t know how a pre-October build could have them.

#4540 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

My LE was early October build and it did not have the upgrade...I had to request if from Stern...along with the ramp spacer.

#4541 3 years ago

It’s my understanding that the all of the Premiums had the upgraded guides installed at the factory.

#4542 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I'm curious what is the earliest build date on the LE(s). I was part of the original production run and have a date of Oct 1, 2019. They must have stating building in September. Does any one have a September build date?

#4543 3 years ago

so doing some painting of the gila monster got the base coat of eyes mouth tongue and claws done.. was thinking 15mm wwII figures might be the right scale for this.
Anyone think if i cut the base off and stick this in the Gila monsters mouth works or gonna be to small?
As well its still wet but got one coating of dark quickshade applied to the lobster.. does it still seem to red IF i do another coat when this dries it tint the red darker and make the shading more pronounced.

Anyone considering the 3" gappa figures on ebay..well I think it ended up being abit to small. 5" might be the right size.. but gonna paint it anyways see if I can't find a spot for it..Baby Gappa maybe?

gappa basecoat (resized).jpggappa basecoat (resized).jpggila (resized).jpggila (resized).jpglobster quickshade (resized).jpglobster quickshade (resized).jpg
#4544 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Check Shout Factory’s website. They have a bunch of episodes of Movie Macabre. I can’t remember if TCFBS is on there but a lot of the others are.
Has Don’t Go Into Thr Basement ever been added to the game? Or Eegah! ?

Eegah is right there in front left center on the backglass so if not yet, I hope he will be.
After all, we're talking about a pre-Jaws Richard Kiel here.

#4545 3 years ago

Tubi has a bunch of Elvira on it.

#4546 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yeah; it’s PETG, I’m not used to it yet

I have not ventured to petg. I am in the middle of converting to a direct drive titan extruder. already have a v6 all metal hotend and that REALLY upped my print quality. I have a roll of PETG but just not used it yet, wanted to go to direct drive first to help with stringing.

#4547 3 years ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

I bought from classicgamerooms on ebay saturday, it was delivered wednesday, nib. can't recommend them strongly enough

i should check that out. i get 5% cash back with paypal right now. ha. mostly concerned about after sales support if something is messed up and being taken care of. can anyone speak to their after sale service?

#4548 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Eegah is right there in front left center on the backglass so if not yet, I hope he will be.
After all, we're talking about a pre-Jaws Richard Kiel here.

Maybe he will show up as one of the secret haunts like Santa, Dracula, and Gila monster.

#4549 3 years ago

Fairly new to the game but I can't figure out how to get the turret to work. What shots do you need to hit? Thanks!!

#4550 3 years ago

I added a couple of new mods. I replaced the flasher dome of the left ramp entrance with a hollow plastic skull that I cut about a 3/4in circle in the bottom of. I added red led eyes that hook up to the gi. It looks great when its not flashing with just the lit eyes, and it really lights up bright when the flasher goes off. Its a win win and cheap and easy. I also modded medysnls grass cover for the lower right flasher and drilled a few holes and mounted some spring motion zombie parts from a dismantled "dashboard zombie". Which are easy to find on ebay or amazon. Here is a link the the skulls I used for the flasher.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07H4NVFJK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

skull front flah (resized).jpgskull front flah (resized).jpgskull red eye no flash (resized).jpgskull red eye no flash (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

10,000 (Firm)
$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,054 posts in this topic. You are on page 91 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/91?hl=stf_dnx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.