New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 252126)

Elvira's House of Horrors - The Owner's Club

By RobertWinter

1 year ago

Topic Stats

• 5,156 posts
  • 378 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 hour ago by jtgribble
  • Topic is favorited by 175 Pinsiders

You

Topic poll

“Do you currently own other Elvira machines?”

• This is my frst Elvira machine 170 votes
    58%
  • Also own Elvira and the Party Monsters 22 votes
    8%
  • Also own Scared Stiff 67 votes
    23%
  • I own all three now! 32 votes
    11%

(291 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,047 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

191245261445_15486161 (resized).jpg
facc02c66ec4aa71e17f6b141ea3dde24114d3d4 (resized).jpeg
POP ART pst (resized).jpg
26192F23-4434-4C4D-B62D-D1A189166D76 (resized).jpeg
A6999788-1349-4C1C-90A3-427914313BEA (resized).jpeg
elviraartblades (resized).jpg
IMG_20200923_114755 (resized).jpg
blades (resized).jpg
20200922_200224 (resized).jpg
20200922_200246 (resized).jpg
20200922_194311 (resized).jpg
CA819F02-3E29-471A-8789-821F17F40509 (resized).jpeg
20200921_154719 (resized).jpg
20200921_192323 (resized).jpg
F60C96C7-708E-489F-9DB4-73B1783391B9 (resized).jpeg
55872E4D-7648-4B36-8937-993EE25195A7 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 5156 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 104.
#4401 50 days ago
Quoted from extendo:

Haha you idiot
Got me a new top when I play Elvira!
[quoted image]

Congrats, GC pics from you soon I assume? love my gappa angry shirt too. If anyone wants one here's the link:

https://shop.spreadshirt.com.au/head2headpinball/gappa+angry-A5e5cc782f937642f70750093?productType=210&sellable=preJD5bqbysG4LDrBLwG-210-7&appearance=2

#4402 49 days ago

I am in no way saying Stern should do this. It is literally just something I was curious about after a few beverages.

If this game had a pro model, what would you take away?

#4403 49 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

The subway and the VUK.

#4404 49 days ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I am in no way saying Stern should do this. It is literally just something I was curious about after a few beverages.

Crypt is just basic bash toy, no elevator

#4405 49 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

The subway and the VUK.

Maybe the Crypt mech as well. The entire crypt sequence can be done with stationary target alone.

#4406 49 days ago

I felt like the translite was colored more towards the LE's cabinet graphics and I really wanted to alter it to more match my premium as I like the red and green that screams classic Scared Stiff and EATMP. Its not as hi-res as I would have liked but its not bad. I really didn't care for the large hand trying to hide the house either so I did my best to remove it. While I was at it I added some content like the werewolf of washington, Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing ( I love all those hammer films), a night of the living dead zombie, the thing that wouldn't die, as well as some fencing to match the art blades I made and the gargoyle fences I picked up on amazon. I will install it tonight as well as the art blades and post some pics. This is a small and lower res picture for posting but see if you can find the added easter egg creature features. I had fun making this and really just did it for myself. Happy Friday!

EHOH PsT 2 (resized).jpg
#4407 49 days ago

I'm debating getting a EHOH Premium towards the end of the year, early next. I'd do it sooner but bought a JP Premium in June and don't want to risk a divorce .

Anyone have an idea on how long Stern will be making this game? Is a hot seller that isn't a risk of being taken off the line and replaced by a new title?

#4408 49 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

I'm debating getting a EHOH Premium towards the end of the year, early next. I'd do it sooner but bought a JP Premium in June and don't want to risk a divorce .
Anyone have an idea on how long Stern will be making this game? Is a hot seller that isn't a risk of being taken off the line and replaced by a new title?

Typically the licenses are three years. Your distributor should be able to tell you when they announce last call which shouldn’t be for 18 months or so.

#4409 49 days ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Worth taking the risk right now

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-elvira-s-house-of-horrors-premium-edition-14#post-5785999

#4410 49 days ago

Cheapest I've seen this figure if anyone is looking.

ebay.com link

#4411 49 days ago

If it was near me, I may be interested. Shipping would likely be $450, though.

#4412 48 days ago

Installed the translite last night. The color is good and overall Im happy with it. Honestly, when the game is off it looks better than the factory as the factory is really dark when the game is off. Im not a good photographer and my phone camera sucks but you get the idea.

TRANS OFF (resized).jpgTRANSLITE ON (resized).jpg
#4413 48 days ago

I couldnt get a decent pic of the translite with the full game but wanted to share how it looked with the full game and my LED set up. I will post my LED layout in the near future for any who want to duplicate it. The factory cool white is a real dis-service to this game. I am going to adjust the art as it fell a little low once I put the trim on.

full game (resized).jpg
#4414 48 days ago

I also put my new artblades on and they compliment the translite well. This is my second print of them as the first one my red was too bright and I needed to adjust the art to fall in the right places. I really like where the title sits and the real estate sign. If anyone wants a pair pm me. Here is the left side.

BLADE LEFT LOW (resized).jpgLEFT BLADE UP (resized).jpg
#4415 48 days ago

... and the right.

RIGHT BLADE LOW (resized).jpgRIGHT BLADE MID (resized).jpgRIGHT BLADE UP (resized).jpg
#4416 48 days ago

pinstein - I like your art blades. I think they go well with the Premium.

#4417 48 days ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Installed the translite last night. The color is good and overall Im happy with it. Honestly, when the game is off it looks better than the factory as the factory is really dark when the game is off. Im not a good photographer and my phone camera sucks but you get the idea.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Here’s mine lit up before and after...the moon on the left with the Elvira logo has a color changer there rotating among various colors. You can’t even see half the artwork on the stock lighting.

FBD057BF-E3A6-44CC-ACBB-D290D13C6926 (resized).jpeg

#4418 48 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

Typically the licenses are three years. Your distributor should be able to tell you when they announce last call which shouldn’t be for 18 months or so.

Good information. Thank you!

#4419 48 days ago

Does anyone have any of the fencing they would sell or know where it is in stock

#4420 48 days ago

I found some

#4422 48 days ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

ebay.com link » 2004 Lemax Spooky Town Halloween Accessories Gargoyle Gate Fence Set 44139

Thanks

#4423 48 days ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I finally got past the Gappa Angry ball locks to the multiball and oh man what a riot!! That mode is so awesome! I love how the machine starts going nuts and firing all coils and everything once you complete all the locks. I love this game.

reminds me of the feeling when you get to horde!

Neil.

#4424 48 days ago

where do I get the alternate translate from please pinstein ?

thanks,
Neil.

#4425 48 days ago

pinstadiums really piss all over the great light in this game - if there is a game that doesn't need pinstadiums its this one.

#4426 48 days ago

just ordered a premium as a mutual wedding gift...new wife really likes the skeleton finger flippers on SS, though. Has anyone seen those flipper toppers put on EHoH?

#4427 48 days ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

just ordered a premium as a mutual wedding gift...new wife really likes the skeleton finger flippers on SS, though. Has anyone seen those flipper toppers put on EHoH?

Quite a few of us have installed them on our HOH machines

4D85B30B-B1CA-4F22-BD5D-E2D0F3B1381C (resized).jpeg
#4428 48 days ago

Quite a few of us have installed them on our HOH machines[quoted image]

they look great! did you swap the whole flipper, or just the tops? I've not modded any of my previous machines, so this is new to me

#4429 48 days ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

they look great! did you swap the whole flipper, or just the tops? I've not modded any of my previous machines, so this is new to me

I did mine. Swap the entire flipper.

#4430 47 days ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I did mine. Swap the entire flipper.

^^ exactly.

#4431 47 days ago

Have a chance to grab a real nice Scared Stiff once again. However in my mind as I thought about it is that this game is SS and so much more. I did like the interactive spider over the virtual one now but there will always be a trade off somewhere. I just think for the numbers SS are hitting for now it might not be worth it as the content is covered quite a bit and more in HOH.

Thoughts???

#4432 47 days ago

EHOH makes SS a 5-6k game, IMO.

#4433 47 days ago

Have a chance to grab a real nice Scared Stiff once again. However in my mind as I thought about it is that this game is SS and so much more. I did like the interactive spider over the virtual one now but there will always be a trade off somewhere. I just think for the numbers SS are hitting for now it might not be worth it as the content is covered quite a bit and more in HOH.
Thoughts???

SS is too easy. It has great theme integration and humor, but it’s just too easy to progress through it and not much variety. The spider wheel completion, of course, is very difficult, but to me it’s not that fun trying to. Ehoh is on a completely different level.

#4434 47 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

SS is too easy. It has great theme integration and humor, but it’s just too easy to progress through it and not much variety. The spider wheel completion, of course, is very difficult, but to me it’s not that fun trying to. Ehoh is on a completely different level.

Word. Never made it to spider multiball when I had my SS. Such a cool layout and toys. Too bad the code didn’t really go deeper

#4435 47 days ago

I have a SS and a HoH, they're both so similar but so different at the same time. I agree HoH is on another level, but the ramps in SS are my favorite in pinball right now. I turn on SS just to hit those ramps over and over while slowly progressing through the game, it's great for that, just shooting around and not taking the game seriously. something I can't really do in HoH, it kinda forces you to "do the thing". they're both my favorite games in pinball. Elvira made pinball sexy.

#4436 47 days ago
Quoted from hbagz:

I have a SS and a HoH, they're both so similar but so different at the same time. I agree HoH is on another level, but the ramps in SS are my favorite in pinball right now. I turn on SS just to hit those ramps over and over while slowly progressing through the game, it's great for that, just shooting around and not taking the game seriously. something I can't really do in HoH, it kinda forces you to "do the thing". they're both my favorite games in pinball. Elvira made pinball sexy.

This is spot on. The ramps in SS are so good. But overall HoH is tops. The code is so good already but I can’t wait to see what Lyman does with 1.0+. My only complaint is that I wish they had recorded more intros to each movie.

#4437 47 days ago

Thoughts???

Each of the Elvira games is iconic and representative of the best of their generations. Either SS or both of the earlier games are a great complement.

If I could have only have one of them to go with EHOH it would be SS because of the incredible ramps and spider wheel. But if you really like Elvira pinball having all three is an incredible rewarding and complementary experience that is unparalleled if you appreciate the differences in pinball generations.

#4438 47 days ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

This is spot on. The ramps in SS are so good. But overall HoH is tops. The code is so good already but I can’t wait to see what Lyman does with 1.0+. My only complaint is that I wish they had recorded more intros to each movie.

Agreed on all counts! There does seem to be a lot of footage not yet incorporated - there were supposed to be a lot more of the little pop-ups that have been added recently. In NOTLD I think, and Teenagers from Mars for example

#4439 47 days ago

Just started having an issue where the ball wont come back out after shooting a cellar shot. I can hear it try to fire it back out multiple times before I get an error message that says “cellar lockup”. Anyone fix this issue already?

#4440 46 days ago

I noticed playing a hoh this weekend that there was a decent amount of overshoot on the left ramp return..is the best solution one of the plastic protectors on the marketplace to fix that?

#4441 46 days ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

I noticed playing a hoh this weekend that there was a decent amount of overshoot on the left ramp return..is the best solution one of the plastic protectors on the marketplace to fix that?

Can you clarify what you mean about overshoot? Was the ball falling off?

#4442 46 days ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

There are two possible reasons for this happening. The first seems to be a problem more so on the premiums. The end of long left ramp is slightly lower than the truck lid causing the ball to strike the edge and take flight. This is fixed by adding a small spacer under the ramp to lift it. The second is the ball is just coming down the left side to hot. That is when the plastic protector is needed.

#4443 46 days ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

There are two possible reasons for this happening. The first seems to be a problem more so on the premiums. The end of long left ramp is slightly lower than the truck lid causing the ball to strike the edge and take flight. This is fix by adding a small spacer under the ramp to lift it. The second is the ball is just coming down the left side to hot. That is when the plastic protector is needed.

ok, i think it was the first (launching off the trunk) that i was experiencing.

#4444 46 days ago

who ever recommended googling paint wash Thank you! saved me some $$

B19D2D2D-3DE7-4B91-904C-7E73BB436197 (resized).jpeg5A85D47F-27E6-4CEC-A76C-512335263024 (resized).jpeg644E27E4-7E1B-4AB2-9D93-AD4E44792744 (resized).jpeg
#4445 45 days ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Now what I did after the black wash step was pick up a can of Testors Dullcote lacquer spray and sprayed each flipper bat. It will go on very glossy but dries clear flat and it will seal the paint layer so it don't come off. It also removes any shiny plastic look, gives a better representation of bone IMHO.
dullcote (resized).jpg

#4446 45 days ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

these look great! what ratio did you use?

#4447 45 days ago

For premade black wash I recommend this:

amazon.com link »

I used this on my bony beast ribs and it worked well. Still waiting on the install until I get my other mods in.

#4448 45 days ago
Quoted from Muymanwell:

these look great! what ratio did you use?

I can’t really tell you a ratio, I squeezed what was left of the paint, mixed in water and one drop of dial. It was way too dark and I kept testing on the rock and adding a bit of water till it was the color I liked.

#4449 45 days ago

So perhaps you can help me here, I sold my Star Wars premium cause I got frustrated with it's gameplay and the unfair drains. I am just a mediocre player. Now I want to buy a new game and I am on the fence between Elvira or Jurassic Park premium. I love the Elvira/old Horror Movie themes, always wished for a Rocky Horror Picture Show pinball game, but the layout looks so simple on Elvira. JP looks way more interesting, but I hate narrow shots, like the Death Star on Star Wars or the Extra Ball in Fish Tales when they are to important. I like games with cool moments and show effects. Elvira looks like it has this in tons.
But do you think that the Elvira game have enough staying power and fit in a line up with BKPrem, Iron Maiden LE, AC/DC, The Hobbit and the Shadow? Or is it to similar in game play with one of these? I am worried that the cellar shot is to similar to the Iron Maiden under the Middle Ramp shot?

#4450 45 days ago

Elvira gets more play than anything else in the house and sounds like exactly what you're looking for

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
$ 349.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods
There are 5156 posts in this topic. You are on page 89 of 104.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside