20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,981 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 360.
#4351 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Stick with that one Mudflaps!
Better than anything Stern can come up with
Seriously. Love it

And the TLC that this one has is way better then the QC that would be from Sterns topper.

#4352 3 years ago

Had my buddies over tonight and again Elvira is the top rated machine. Everyone just loves this pin. It's approachable for newbies and deep enough to keep me interested after several hundred plays. Can't say enough good things about this one.

#4353 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

However, the JP3 topper isn't very impressive and the leaked photos of this one aren't convincing me to open my wallet at face value.

For the record, the photo of the topper wasn't a "leak." It was distributed by Stern to the Insiders.

I can't wait to get it!

#4354 3 years ago

BKSoR is an awesome, challenging, non traditional layout. Steve is still the man. Elvira is an awesome game because of the code but how many 2 flipper straight fan layouts with the same feeds do you need in your collection?

#4355 3 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Anyone know what color red powder coat the LE is?

I don’t know, but I did my premium in illusion red.

#4357 3 years ago

If the topper is the crypt it would have been nice to have it be an LCD that has whatever deadhead you have going on it in full size fashion instead of a small floating head on the main display. The screen could just have the crypt doors on it until you unlock a deadhead, then have the doors slide open and show just the deadhead within the tomb. If that were the case I would shell out 1k for that.

#4358 3 years ago

I just can’t see paying $600 for any topper. The price just seems so outrageous for what you get. After tax and shipping you are getting close to 10% of the cost of a HUO premium, which, to me, seems insane. However, with all that being said, I definitely want one for me EHoH. And there lies the problem...

#4359 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

If the topper is the crypt it would have been nice to have it be an LCD that has whatever deadhead you have going on it in full size fashion instead of a small floating head on the main display. The screen could just have the crypt doors on it until you unlock a deadhead, then have the doors slide open and show just the deadhead within the tomb. If that were the case I would shell out 1k for that.

That would be an amazing mod idea. No clue if its even possible.

#4360 3 years ago

Agree... $425 for the BK topper was a stretch for me. Hopefully this one does something cool, like a rear projection or maybe the center bottom flips up in front of the marquee with a screen that shows the deadhead like dudeman said.

#4361 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Agree... $425 for the BK topper was a stretch for me. Hopefully this one does something cool, like a rear projection or maybe the center bottom flips up in front of the marquee with a screen that shows the deadhead like dudeman said.

Crap, I would think about actually buying that if it included the screen. Has anyone made a mod for a Spike 2 game that reads the game code or switches?

#4362 3 years ago

If anyone wants to upgrade their speakers to 5.25" ones, I found a bracket on Thingiverse that worked perfect. Saved me $50!
https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3716733

#4363 3 years ago

What’s everyone running for pitch on this game? I can NEVER make the damn skill shot and I have the replacement ball guides installed.

#4364 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

What’s everyone running for pitch on this game? I can NEVER make the damn skill shot and I have the replacement ball guides installed.

You don't have a ptich problem. Your upper left corner is low. Raise the height until it works for you.

#4365 3 years ago

Two small things that would be cools adds ons and unique to HOH:
- the thunder and lightening at game start is awesome. Amazing. Please integrate into attract mode!

-speaking of attract, tutorial mode should have a random “zombie player”- just the creepy hand plunging the ball. Would fit the theme so well.

#4366 3 years ago

I'm thinking a lot of y'all are going to be disappointed when Stern finally releases the topper.

#4367 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I'm thinking a lot of y'all are going to be disappointed when Stern finally releases the topper.

Not at all, the game is awesome and that's what really counts. If anyone will be disappointed it will be Stern for lack of sales on a terrible choice of a topper release

#4368 3 years ago

Thats funny.....it will sell out day one. Get on the interested list now

#4369 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Thats funny.....it will sell out day one. Get on the interested list now

Not a chance I'll wait for I have patience and a good memory, just remember the Munster's Topper that was fixed on the second revision, or was it the third no wait maybe it was the fourth.

mun code.gifmun code.gif
#4370 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

...it will sell out day one. Get on the interested list now

That is funny, no way it will sell out for several years unless they produce a very high quality item ... unfortunately this is something that Stern is not really known for.

As a side note, the really nice looking topper Stern made for Game of Thrones is still not sold out, likely due to the $500 price tag.

#4371 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

This would be a great topper!

And maybe add some Gargoyles on each side of the topper that pop up when you hit the smaller ones in the game.

#4372 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Not at all, the game is awesome and that's what really counts. If anyone will be disappointed it will be Stern for lack of sales on a terrible choice of a topper release

Yes. A lot of people have come up with ideas on what they want the topper to do. They will be disappointed when it does none of those things.

Stern will not be disappointed because, as someone said, it will sell out on day one. They only produce a limited quantity of toppers.

A lot of people disliked the GB topper, but now they're unavailable and, when you do find one, they're selling for a grand. Wouldn't surprise me if the same thing happened here.

No matter what it does, or the price, I'm not missing out on the chance to get one. Anyone who does want one better make sure they're on their distributor's list.

#4373 3 years ago

Made the big empty plastic above the right ramp a bit more “alive”

#4374 3 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Really cool. Where did you get those parts?

#4375 3 years ago

Were does this spring go? Ball are getting stuck in the house so I took a peek and foundvit unattached.

20200802_080338 (resized).jpg20200802_080338 (resized).jpg
#4376 3 years ago
Quoted from jgentry:

Were does this spring go? Ball are getting stuck in the house so I took a peek and foundvit unattached.
[quoted image]

Looks like a few parts might be missing see my comment below.
house div (resized).jpghouse div (resized).jpg

#4377 3 years ago

See posts 4119 - 4122 for some pictures of that assembly. On page 83 of this topic.

#4378 3 years ago

Now looking at it, it looks like there is a fiber washer, nylon liner and a e-clip that goes there a well. Did you find any other parts in the cabinet?

house div 2 (resized).jpghouse div 2 (resized).jpg
#4379 3 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Very nice!! Love the eyes. Can you give us some details on where you got them and how they work. I have some boney beast bones and head on mine but they dont look as nice as yours.

#4380 3 years ago
Quoted from djh00000:

Very nice!! Love the eyes. Can you give us some details on where you got them and how they work. I have some boney beast bones and head on mine but they dont look as nice as yours.

I think that was called "Real Eyes" mod by a fellow Pinsider. It runs off of a 6 volt DC connection. I removed one from my game because power fluctuations were causing the eyes to change color and lock up. It doesn't happen on a dedicated power source. After figuring out the issue I never reinstalled it because I liked the OEM look better in my Scared Stiff. I'll part with it if someone wants to tweak Elvira. How about $110 shipping included in the US? Send me a PM if interested.

20200802_081458 (resized).jpg20200802_081458 (resized).jpg20200802_081525 (resized).jpg20200802_081525 (resized).jpg20200802_081901 (resized).jpg20200802_081901 (resized).jpg

#4381 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I think that was called "Real Eyes" mod by a fellow Pinsider. It runs off of a 6 volt DC connection. I removed one from my game because power fluctuations were causing the eyes to change color and lock up. It doesn't happen on a dedicated power source. After figuring out the issue I never reinstalled it becuse I liked OEM look better in my Scared Stiff. I'll part with it if someone wants to tweak Elvira. How about $110 shipping included in the US? Send me a PM if interested.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

message sent

#4382 3 years ago

The eyes are a mod I bought, you can find them here:

https://www.2niro-pinball.com/boutique/Pinball-mods-c27074105

#4383 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I think that's controlled by the opto still, right? Go into your service menu, test the opto and the 3 positions of the mech

Thanks, turns out the motor linkage needed adjusted

#4384 3 years ago

If you’re Listening Lyman I’d love to see a mode completion award that goes with completing trailer trash so not just points, perhaps only with the hidden room modes but maybe with all main modes. Kind of like b66... I guess. So completing manos for example gives a super wheel of fate spin with some chunky awards on the wheel over the regular wheel, like an extra shot multiplier or a super hurry up in the cellar.... something, just to make the mode completions more meaningful, otherwise it feels like some players are just wishing away the modes. Just a thought.

#4385 3 years ago

From STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS – AUGUST 2020:

Elvira – For all Elvira owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.98.0) released last month. Be on the lookout for a new code update later this month.

#4386 3 years ago

Does the Undead Fred head look like Robert Duval if he was a zombie?

#4387 3 years ago

My first mod to my first machine! I put pin stadiums on tonight. Still trying to dial in the colors I want, but thought I'd share a couple photos. Really like the UV flasher hooked to the shaker motor. First pic is turned off.

IMG_20200805_023530 (resized).jpgIMG_20200805_023530 (resized).jpgIMG_20200805_023547 (resized).jpgIMG_20200805_023547 (resized).jpgIMG_20200805_023613 (resized).jpgIMG_20200805_023613 (resized).jpgIMG_20200805_023644 (resized).jpgIMG_20200805_023644 (resized).jpg
#4388 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

You don't have a ptich problem. Your upper left corner is low. Raise the height until it works for you.

Spot on my man. Left rear corner leg adjusted a bit (though my level did say the playfield was level ) I can now hit it! Hooray!

#4389 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

From STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS – AUGUST 2020:
Elvira – For all Elvira owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.98.0) released last month. Be on the lookout for a new code update later this month.

I hope this means the topper is also imminent!

#4390 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Does anyone happen to have any more info on the topper other than that one pic?

#4391 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

That statement is pretty much what they say every month.

#4392 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

That statement is pretty much what they say every month.

It is, but they are ALSO following up with code updates, which is basically amazing

#4393 3 years ago

I think someone else posted about this earlier, but I’m a little confused about the back door switch - I seem to be getting it quite often, even sometimes when hitting the cellar. Is this happening to everyone? Is it a code thing or do I perhaps have the switches reversed ? (I’ve removed the House, maybe I plugged them in backwards?)

Thx!

#4394 3 years ago

I've noticed backdoor happening WAYYYY more than it used to with the latest code update. I can't tell you honestly how or when or why it happens even.

#4395 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

My first mod to my first machine! I put pin stadiums on tonight. Still trying to dial in the colors I want, but thought I'd share a couple photos. Really like the UV flasher hooked to the shaker motor. First pic is turned off.

I like the first pic the most.

#4396 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I've noticed backdoor happening WAYYYY more than it used to with the latest code update. I can't tell you honestly how or when or why it happens even.

I'm almost positive this is a bug in the 0.98 code. I've seen it register with shots to the left orbit multiple times. Not that it would be a bad thing for the left orbit to score a backdoor shot, just makes it too easy IMO.

#4397 3 years ago

I finally got past the Gappa Angry ball locks to the multiball and oh man what a riot!! That mode is so awesome! I love how the machine starts going nuts and firing all coils and everything once you complete all the locks. I love this game.

#4398 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

I finally got past the Gappa Angry ball locks to the multiball and oh man what a riot!! That mode is so awesome! I love how the machine starts going nuts and firing all coils and everything once you complete all the locks. I love this game.

Add the music gradually getting quicker and quicker when you progress thru the stage of Gappa, it's intense!

#4399 3 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Add the music gradually getting quicker and quicker when you progress thru the stage of Gappa, it's intense!

If only i was as good as extendo the worlds best pinball player I'd know

#4400 3 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

If only i was as good as extendo the worlds best pinball player I'd know

Haha you idiot

Got me a new top when I play Elvira!

received_1541702986019357 (resized).jpegreceived_1541702986019357 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,981 posts in this topic. You are on page 88 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/88?hl=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.