IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 362.
#4301 3 years ago

I made some new art blades for this game. I wanted them to more match the premium cabinet art as well as use cabinet art of elvira that you cant see when you are playing the game. I will post a pic of them installed over the weekend. I did make a pair and install them but I needed to adjust some things once I saw them on so these should be more dialed in and to account for the space taken up by medisynls awesome flap trap casket.

ELVIRA SIDE BLADES 3pst (resized).jpgELVIRA SIDE BLADES 3pst (resized).jpg
#4302 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Anyone else having problem with crypt door not opening after deadhead is floating on screen. I hit the skull and register bonus points but once the skull rotates to the door no matter how many times i hit the door it will not open. Im running 98 code

It sounds like a switch issue on the mechanism. I would suggest testing them in the game diagnostics.

Rob

#4303 3 years ago

I think that's controlled by the opto still, right? Go into your service menu, test the opto and the 3 positions of the mech

#4304 3 years ago

Bring on the topper already!

#4306 3 years ago

A couple questions...

1. My game has a build date of November and the original owner did not do the skill shot ball guide service. Do they all need it? What kind of symptoms does it have? I haven't had any noticeable issues hitting the back door skill shot.

2. I'm having an issue where when a ball comes out of the left orbit, it hits the left slingshot. I adjusted it as much as I could, and now it only does it from softer shots. I looked at this video

and the ball guide appears to have a cut out slot for the screw, however mine is just a hole, so I can only adjust it so much. Did they release a revised part for this? Is there a service bulletin?

#4307 3 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Guess it’s a code thing then, before I start switch hunting

We do not get that happening and have the new code. The backdoor skillshot has a timer. Maybe it is still active?

#4308 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

They turn the artwork red. Not attractive.
They are a PITA to install.
One piece I removed because it changed the height of the ramp after the trunk causing air balls.
You're better off just getting a set for the slings/outlanes.
Look in the topic gallery for the pics.

My man, this is brilliant. The inlanes outlanes would give me the look I’m going for without spending a hundred bucks. Where is this in stock ?

#4309 3 years ago
Quoted from flashburn:

A couple questions...
1. My game has a build date of November and the original owner did not do the skill shot ball guide service. Do they all need it? What kind of symptoms does it have? I haven't had any noticeable issues hitting the back door skill shot.
2. I'm having an issue where when a ball comes out of the left orbit, it hits the left slingshot. I adjusted it as much as I could, and now it only does it from softer shots. I looked at this video and the ball guide appears to have a cut out slot for the screw, however mine is just a hole, so I can only adjust it so much. Did they release a revised part for this? Is there a service bulletin?

If you can make the skill shot don’t worry about putting on the replacement part. The shot isn’t suppose to be a “give me”. As for the sling problem. You and I both have the guide with a hole. Mine lines up good so it isn’t a problem for me. I would suggest putting a Bally style Titan post sleeve on the problem area. It protrudes out just a little and should be enough to correct the issue. If it isn’t enough, contact Stern for the updated part.

#4310 3 years ago

This is my first ever code idea, maybe others have thought this? You may think it’s stupid, but let me know.

Lyman, please allow the house shot to register during modes even if we shoot it under the staircase.

#4311 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

This is my first ever code idea, maybe others have thought this? You may think it’s stupid, but let me know.
Lyman, please allow the house shot to register during modes even if we shoot it under the staircase.

I think that the cellar and the House counting as separate shots is a plus for variety of overall shots honestly..
But that said I would agree that shots for the house to progress a haunt on a timer that the cellar should count too..or at the least count during multiball since the ramp can stay up alot during multiball.
Or even better a game feature setting that lets you toggle cellar shots counting as house shots if you want but the default being off.(I really like this for the ray gun etc).

#4312 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Respectfully disagree - counting the shot under the house as a separate shot makes the game that much more challenging and fun

#4313 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

I think that the cellar and the House counting as separate shots is a plus for variety of overall shots honestly..
But that said I would agree that shots for the house to progress a haunt on a timer that the cellar should count too..or at the least count during multiball since the ramp can stay up alot during multiball.
Or even better a game feature setting that lets you toggle cellar shots counting as house shots if you want but the default being off.(I really like this for the ray gun etc).

Brilliant, I agree with this x100000

#4314 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

My man, this is brilliant. The inlanes outlanes would give me the look I’m going for without spending a hundred bucks. Where is this in stock ?

I, personally, would get these.
https://cointaker.com/products/elvira-hoh-plastic-protector-set

#4315 3 years ago

Just installed the purple ones about an hour ago. They look ok - they don't light at the edges like I was hoping, but they also don't blast the area with color like was apparently an issue with the red ones.

#4316 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just installed the purple ones about an hour ago. They look ok - they don't light at the edges like I was hoping, but they also don't blast the area with color like was apparently an issue with the red ones.

What a pathetic plastic protector set, there are a number of vulnerable plastics that they left out.

#4317 3 years ago

Still have not seen my turret spin!? Anyone else experiencing the buzz kill effect for this mysterious feature? Is it fact that only the house party mode will get her spinning? If so, hopefully with the next update Lyman will have it be incorporated into more play.

#4318 3 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Still have not seen my turret spin!? Anyone else experiencing the buzz kill effect for this mysterious feature? Is it fact that only the house party mode will get her spinning? If so, hopefully with the next update Lyman will have it be incorporated into more play.

You can see it by going into test mode. Wherever you leave it, when you start a new game it will turn it around to reset

#4319 3 years ago

We have never seen it spin?

#4320 3 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Set your game for 5 balls so you can get to House Party easily.

#4321 3 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Lyman definitely has something interesting planned with the turret. If you use pinball browser there are videos in there involving a flying saucer and the different objects (bat, eyeball, spider, elvira) on the turret.

#4322 3 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

You only have to start three haunts and then the next haunt is house party. Try to get better at main house ramp shot and backdoor skill shot and you can start haunts easier, then you can time them out if you trap the ball on one of the flippers.

#4323 3 years ago

Finally met Creepo tonight. He’s pretty awesome. Also heard the Jarhead say, “That’s more f*cked up than a left handed football!”

Love it!

#4324 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Bring on the topper already!

Ok so quick owners poll:

If the topper is the crypt and simply flashes leds for $600 bucks, are you in?

I just think the crypt lid should move, sprew smoke...give me change..something ...right?!
A4AD6BDC-E418-44CF-8574-805DD663E59F (resized).jpegA4AD6BDC-E418-44CF-8574-805DD663E59F (resized).jpeg

#4325 3 years ago

I think the answer for me would be yes lol though I hope it would do something more than blink.

#4326 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Ok so quick owner poll:
I just think the crypt lid should move, sprew smoke...give me change..something ...right?!
[quoted image]

that for 600 bucks ...no

i'm probably in the minority in that i don't think you need elvira herself on the topper. Wouldn't hurt but not required.
I hope that image is just the beginning of the topper..the Deadhead crypt isn't a bad start..gargoyles should jump(literally) when Gargoil mode is active. As well it needs a roof top equivalent object that spins to the correct symbol during house party modes.. its just too iconic to not have.. House Party and Attic House Party modes both spin the house top, the topper should reflect that.
Purely based on the table itself I think Gappa should be incorporated somehow into the topper..its just to significant a mode and cool Godzilla knock off to not have represented .(wishfull thinking on the last one im sure LOL)

#4327 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

that for 600 bucks ...no
i'm probably in the minority in that i don't think you need elvira herself on the topper. Wouldn't hurt but not required.
I hope that image is just the beginning of the topper..the Deadhead crypt isn't a bad start..gargoyles should jump(literally) when Gargoil mode is active. As well it needs a roof top equivalent object that spins to the correct symbol during house party modes.. its just too iconic to not have.. House Party and Attic House Party modes both spin the house top, the topper should reflect that.
Purely based on the table itself I think Gappa should be incorporated somehow into the topper..its just to significant a mode and cool Godzilla knock off to not have represented .(wishfull thinking on the last one im sure LOL)

Has nothing really to do with the game, but this is my topper:

https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/124822

elvtruck (resized).pngelvtruck (resized).png
#4328 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Ok so quick owners poll:
[quoted image]

Maybe the center section will flip back and creepo the clowns face will be there to taunt you.

#4329 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Has nothing really to do with the game, but this is my topper:
https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/124822[quoted image]

You could consider that Elvira’s Moving Van. She is trying to sell the house.

#4330 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

You could consider that Elvira’s Moving Van. She is trying to sell the house.

Haha that’s great! Would also work (perhaps even better) on SS

#4331 3 years ago

Some have mentioned the shot under the stairs counting during modes. I think in the very least if you shoot under the stairs when you aren't supposed to (for example, if you crept in via the back and the stairs kicks the ball out, and you hit it back in before the stairs gets a chance to close) then in the very least the timer should pause while it waits for the stairs to close, register, then open the stairs and kicks it out again.

I've had many times where I've lost 10 or 20 seconds from a mode timer because it kept going back under the stairs and I had to wait for the mechanism... Sometimes multiple times in a row (a shot on the fly for the ball getting kicked out seems to send it straight back!).

#4332 3 years ago

For me the crypt and the gargoyles are
not the best part of the game. So having the topper centered around those seems a little disappointing. The house and the movie clips are where it’s at. Now if there is a lot of motion and light in that topper that reacts to all modes I could see it still being a plus. I actually feel that we dont get enough of the movie footage so some sort of video topper would be cool too.

#4333 3 years ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

It's a weird thing and only seems to have a rule in house party multiball. I'm too busy watching the balls to pay attention to the turret or where it is at. I would like it to do something more in the game outside of the multiball.

Rob

#4334 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

not the best part of the game. So having the topper centered around those seems a little disappointing. The house and the movie clips are where it’s at. Now if there is a lot of motion and light in that topper that reacts to all modes I could see it still being a plus. I actually feel that we dont get enough of the movie footage so some sort of video topper would be cool too.

If you want to see more movie footage, avoid shooting the advance stage shots during the haunts. These shots are lit differently, sometimes white or look different from all the other shots (depends on the haunt). Each haunt has several stages and within each stage are multiple scenes which you can play through by shooting the common shots. Some haunts can be really long and there is a lot of content to see. I like how Lyman has programmed these.

Rob

#4335 3 years ago

I would love to see a topper with gargoils that pop up and down the same time as the ones on the playfield. There was a sneak peak of a couple of toppers very early in this thread and both had gargoils on them. I do not know if they did anything or they were just dust collectors with lights

#4336 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Ok so quick owners poll:
[quoted image]

No.

I would love to see the topper add some fun to the game (like Munsters but without all the ridiculous QC issues) but not have some lame topper only DLC content/mode like JP2 used to “justify” the insane price tag.

I’m not really a big fan of the new “add a topper after the fact” concept. If there is a topper it should be integral to the game. Like Addams Family. Whirlwind. Batman t6 LE/SLE. Not this “and, oh by the way, if you don’t purchase this part we should have included when we shipped the game, your pinball machine is incomplete” model Stern is trying to promote.

#4337 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

No.
I would love to see the topper add some fun to the game (like Munsters but without all the ridiculous QC issues) but not have some lame topper only DLC content/mode like JP2 used to “justify” the insane price tag.
I’m not really a big fan of the new “add a topper after the fact” concept. If there is a topper it should be integral to the game. Like Addams Family. Whirlwind. Batman t6 LE/SLE. Not this “and, oh by the way, if you don’t purchase this part we should have included when we shipped the game, your pinball machine is incomplete” model Stern is trying to promote.

+1

#4338 3 years ago

As others have said if we get a decent topper with lights and action that integrates well with gameplay, potentially with code for an additional fun mode, I could see spending the money. I still think 600 is high especially when compared to the price of the BK topper which was a great kit.

#4339 3 years ago

I still think 600 is high especially when compared to the price of the BK topper

$600 does seem high, I don't think it will be anywhere near the same quality as the Medieval Madness King of Payne topper for the same price https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness#pid=2 ... but if I'm wrong and it is, then its totally worth it!

#4340 3 years ago

Anyone know what color red powder coat the LE is?

#4341 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

$600 does seem high, I don't think it will be anywhere near the same quality as the Medieval Madness King of Payne topper https://www.chicago-gaming.com/coinop/medieval-madness#pid=2 ... but if I'm wrong and it is, then its totally worth it!

I hate to say this but the topper is likely to be a POS

Have to say my JPLE topper is terrible

Stern needs to raise the f ing quality

CGC includes it with the game

Mr Gomez, if you don’t raise the bar then I’m out and I buy f ing everything

#4342 3 years ago

If you are gonna do a topper quit doing half ass shit and hope that people keep buying it

#4343 3 years ago

Just to counter the BKSoR topper is amazing. However, the JP3 topper isn't very impressive and the leaked photos of this one aren't convincing me to open my wallet at face value. Pretty sure the only reason anybody shelled the cash for the JP topper is because they tied it to a mode which is a pretty greasy move. Hope they don't repeat that with Elvira and the topper does more than meets the eye *as a topper*.

#4345 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not this “and, oh by the way, if you don’t purchase this part we should have included when we shipped the game, your pinball machine is incomplete” model Stern is trying to promote.

AMEN!!

#4346 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Just to counter the BKSoR topper is amazing. However, the JP3 topper isn't very impressive and the leaked photos of this one aren't convincing me to open my wallet at face value. Pretty sure the only reason anybody shelled the cash for the JP topper is because they tied it to a mode which is a pretty greasy move. Hope they don't repeat that with Elvira and the topper does more than meets the eye *as a topper*.

That topper is amazing because the game didn’t sell well and they needed it to be good

Steve Ritchie better bring a MUCH better layout next time

He has become last man on the totem pole at Stern. Not a good way to go out

#4347 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Steve Ritchie better bring a MUCH better layout next time
He has become last man on the totem pole

I know this is EHOH thread but agree.
I like original themes but that upper pf didn’t come as close as the inspiring original in 1980.
That said, the topper is quite bad-ass.

We will see with Elvira.
Either way, it’s been an awesome game so far.

#4348 3 years ago

Wow, I’m happy to be part of the EHOH/BKSOR club!

In the meanwhile, my 9 year old made me an Elvira topper. QC is so-so, but the price was right.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4349 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

In the meanwhile, my 9 year old made me an Elvira topper. QC is so-so, but the price was right. [quoted image]

Perfect!!!!!

#4350 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

In the meanwhile, my 9 year old made me an Elvira topper. QC is so-so, but the price was right. [quoted image]

Stick with that one Mudflaps!

Better than anything Stern can come up with

Seriously. Love it

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

14,000 (OBO)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 87 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/87?hl=enchantress and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.