IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 362.
#4151 3 years ago

I just posted this elsewhere but WTF Stern. I paid a HUGE AMOUNT of money for the LE, and the game doesn’t even have sleds! The corner protectors have scraped my floor all up just slightly sliding the game around about 2 feet. Not happy about that at all.

Ok, rant over. Still love
The game.

#4152 3 years ago

I don't think those parts are meant to touch the floor

#4153 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I don't think those parts are meant to touch the floor

When the game is folded up, they sure do. My monster bash is right next to it. It has corner protectors. 3/4” off the ground. Because it has the skids. Even Stern’s little plastic bumps are half assed! They’re literally half the thickness.

#4154 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I just posted this elsewhere but WTF Stern. I paid a HUGE AMOUNT of money for the LE, and the game doesn’t even have sleds! The corner protectors have scraped my floor all up just slightly sliding the game around about 2 feet. Not happy about that at all.
Ok, rant over. Still love
The game.

This is an odd thing to rant about, but you have that right, haha. Glad you love the game.

#4155 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

This is an odd thing to rant about, but you have that right, haha. Glad you love the game.

You haven’t seen my floor! It’s impossible to move even a few inches without a dolly; my B/W games I can slide or pivot to move. Not so on Sterns

#4156 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

You haven’t seen my floor! It’s impossible to move even a few inches without a dolly; my B/W games I can slide or pivot to move. Not so on Sterns

Maybe im not understanding what you mean. Are you saying you can scoot other games across a floor without fear?

#4157 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Maybe im not understanding what you mean. Are you saying you can scoot other games across a floor without fear?

I think he is referring to the 2 runners that B/W had on the back of the cabinet. When the game was in its stored position it was raised an inch or so off the floor by the runners. Newer games just have those 4 nylon glides to raise the game off the floor when folded.

Spooky still uses the runners on their cabs with nylon glides on the runners. Elvira just uses the 4 small nylon glides.

20200723_094434 (resized).jpg20200723_094434 (resized).jpg20200723_094509 (resized).jpg20200723_094509 (resized).jpg
#4158 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Yes absolutely, when they are folded up. The other games have those rails on the bottom (back of the cabinet when it's set up on legs), and the little plastic nubs. Elvira has NOTHING.

#4159 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think he is referring to the 2 runners that B/W had on the back of the cabinet. When the game was in its stored position it was raised an inch or so off the floor by the runners. Newer games just have those 4 nylon glides to raise the game off the floor when folded.
Spooky still uses the runners on their cabs with nylon glides on the runners. Elvira just uses the 4 small nylon glides.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Yep that's what I meant

#4160 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yes absolutely, when they are folded up. The other games have those rails on the bottom (back of the cabinet when it's set up on legs), and the little plastic nubs. Elvira has NOTHING.

Thanks for clarifying, as a person who has only owned Stern I thought it was an odd thing, but I didnt realize you were used to something else.

#4161 3 years ago

DeadFlip streaming EHOH tonight, maybe new code dropping today? Fingers crossed!!! Stern did say watch for an update later this month in their SOTU.

#4162 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Elvira has NOTHING.

So your Elvira didnt have the 4 little white nylon guides?

#4163 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So your Elvira didnt have the 4 little white nylon guides?

It does - but they are not tall enough to clear the metal corner protectors, so those drag on the ground.

#4164 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It does - but they are not tall enough to clear the metal corner protectors, so those drag on the ground.

You could replace them with something like this to give you some extra height.

https://www.amazon.com/Antrader-Furniture-Sliders-Protector-Anti-Abrasion/dp/B07J3YF97L/ref=mp_s_a_1_22

41cv1DBQ65L._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg41cv1DBQ65L._AC_SY400_ (resized).jpg
#4165 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

You could replace them with something like this to give you some extra height.
amazon.com link »[quoted image]

I’ve got some of the old school Bally ones too; I may put those on. But the sleds/skates are really needed IMO to raise them up a bit more.

#4166 3 years ago

I have a chance to get an nib LE but should I wait for a new run of premiums instead?

Seems to be lots of issues with Elvira, hopefully these would be fixed in the next run.

#4167 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I have a chance to get an nib LE but should I wait for a new run of premiums instead?
Seems to be lots of issues with Elvira, hopefully these would be fixed in the next run.

Mirrored backglass, exclusive side art blades, and of course the cabinet art make the LE and above highly collectible. Freres killed it. if you plan on putting this in a lineup then I'd recommend getting the Premium since the playfield is identical, but if this thing of beauty will be displayed in any way, the LE is absolutely worth it. Elvira holding the two pinballs in her hand while staring you down is unbeatable as far as cabinet art imo.

as far as the issues, you'll inevitably have them with HoH, but you can ask anyone in this thread the game is more than worth it.

#4168 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I have a chance to get an nib LE

Buy it!!!

#4169 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

Mirrored backglass, exclusive side art blades, and of course the cabinet art make the LE and above highly collectible. Freres killed it. if you plan on putting this in a lineup then I'd recommend getting the Premium since the playfield is identical, but if this thing of beauty will be displayed in any way, the LE is absolutely worth it. Elvira holding the two pinballs in her hand while staring you down is unbeatable as far as cabinet art imo.
as far as the issues, you'll inevitably have them with HoH, but you can ask anyone in this thread the game is more than worth it.

#4170 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I would. I was going to get a PRemium at first too, but an LE was all that was available. It is a MUCH nicer looking machine, despite my ranting lately. I have not found any more issues with Elvira than any other NIB game I've ever bought (I think this is my 5th or 6th?)

#4171 3 years ago

New code! Wonder if the new clown deadhead matches the special shooter rod?

V0.98.0 - Jul. 23, 2020
=======================

- Reprocessed deadhead audio to exclude large amounts of trailing silence
that was blocking follow-up speech requests.
- Added Clown (deadhead) to the Deadhead Family Crypt.
- Added Double Header (deadhead) to the Deadhead Family Crypt.
- Added more video clips to DRIVE ME CRAZY for background and loop shots.
- Added lamp effects for DIRECTOR'S CUT start, shots, and levels.
- Fixed a bug with the Elvira popups that was causing requests to fail.
- Added lamp effects for DRIVE ME CRAZY.
- Turn off CRYPT VUK ball save for COMPETITION mode.
- Added a new setting to allow/disallow the crypt VUK ball saver during
multiball (default is NO, do not allow).
- Changed scoring for DRIVE ME CRAZY (increased the base, made increments
based on the number of deadheads banished, and increased the score for
each loop shot made).
- Added laughter and speech to the start of DRIVE ME CRAZY.
- Added extra scoring for each SKELETON KEY collected for the sneak-in
behind the left loop.
- Added a way to save and cancel changes to the score color in the main
UI (via the color editor). Added a way to restore the colors to the
default (factory) Implemented exit dialog with EXIT/SAVE+EXIT/CANCEL.
- Update player score colors after they are edited instead of only at
power-up or at the start of a new ball. This allows the colors to be
edited in the middle of a game.
- Randomize ramp dome flashing in attract mode.
- Shaved some time off of the attack combo timer for THE WEREWOLF OF
WASHINGTON. Increased the scores for the attack combos.
- Changed initials and names for some HSTD.
- Cleaned up background messages for TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE. Added
text to describe the spinner bonus a bit better. Increased scoring for
spinner.
- Added video clips, sounds, lamp effects, scoring for the top lane skill
shot.
- Added new lamp effects, sounds, and music for trailer trash.
- Added pop-up for TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE (old cave).
- Added sounds to game start effect.
- Fixed a stale frame glitch at game start where a frame of an old video
is displayed.
- Restore score frame player score colors at game start (the match effect
may have changed then to white).
- Added lamp effects to thunder sounds when the ball is in the shooter
lane.
- Added shaker effects to thunder/lightning storm (maximal use only).
- Added additional stage to TEENAGERS FROM OUTER SPACE (cave).
- Extended lamp effects for WILD WOMEN MULTIBALL super jackpot (explosion).
- Adjust EQ and volume for several sounds, speech, and music.

#4172 3 years ago

Thanks Lyman!

#4173 3 years ago
Quoted from Halfwasted:

I absolutely *love* the side art on the LE, the mirrored backglass and the powder coated rails on the LE but those are cosmetic and add quite a bit of cost to the game. There are some annoying playfield issues (most notably the VUK positioning) that are fixed in the new production run of Elvira Premiums and that should factor in your decision.

#4174 3 years ago

I have a few issues on my Premium. The first is the shooter lane. It does make it clean out of the shooter lane into the right orbit. I think the problem is the ball hits the metal shooter lane guides causing the ball to go airborne. I took some slo-mo video and you can clearly see the ball going air born in be the shooter lane.
Anyone else have this issue and know a solution?

Here is a video of the ball going airborne in the shooter lane...

#4175 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

I have a few issues on my Premium. The first is the shooter lane. It does make it clean out of the shooter lane into the right orbit. I think the problem is the ball hits the metal shooter lane guides causing the ball to go airborne. I took some slo-mo video and you can clearly see the ball going air born in be the shooter lane.

If that a manual plunge or auto plunge?

If that's the auto plunge shooting maybe cut the power a little. You could also try and see where the ball is getting hit by manual or auto plunger. Not sure if there is a way to adjust that or not but if its hitting the ball too low that might make it more prone to get airborne.

#4176 3 years ago

Manual plunges on mine are "not great" too. Auto is smooth though go figure.
Ball launches smack off the small transition edge on the left side. Where the metal bracket around the bulbs (under plastic) ends and the next section starts. So while yours get air, mine get slowed down considerably

Bought one of those plastic lane guard protectors from Mezlemods. I'll report back once installed if it helps "guide" the ball better through the lane and exit.

#4177 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

If that a manual plunge or auto plunge?
If that's the auto plunge shooting maybe cut the power a little. You could also try and see where the ball is getting hit by manual or auto plunger. Not sure if there is a way to adjust that or not but if its hitting the ball too low that might make it more prone to get airborne.

It’s a manual plunge.

#4178 3 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Manual plunges on mine are "not great" too. Auto is smooth though go figure.
Ball launches smack off the small transition edge on the left side. Where the metal bracket around the bulbs (under plastic) ends and the next section starts. So while yours get air, mine get slowed down considerably
Bought one of those plastic lane guard protectors from Mezlemods. I'll report back once installed if it helps "guide" the ball better through the lane and exit.

Yes it hits that also. I thought that the reason it was hitting the bracket to was due to the shooter guides wear it gets air but also immediately hits the right side of the shooter lane.

#4179 3 years ago

I really love the thunder effect with lightshow in 0.98 on ball start.

Thanks Lyman!

#4180 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I really love the thunder effect with lightshow in 0.98 on ball start.
Thanks Lyman!

agreed, a good reason to set shaker on max too
I love the new croc vids for skill shots, has the same whimsical humor as the updates to WWW Multiball ending did.
and the new lightshow effects music for trailer trash is way better

#4181 3 years ago

Another update! Totally amazing. I have never been so glad to have bought a game based on the team’s reputation.. it’s wildly exceeded my expectations. 1.0 should be a knockout! . This blows away anything else that’s out right now. Wow!

#4182 3 years ago

Does anyone have Gargolyes by the crypt hit the playfield glass when activated?

Doesn’t the character, who calls out the bonus shots during multi ball, sound like Bernie Sanders.

#4183 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

They were purposely designed this way just like they were in scared stiff, to hit the glass.

#4184 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I would. I was going to get a PRemium at first too, but an LE was all that was available. It is a MUCH nicer looking machine, despite my ranting lately. I have not found any more issues with Elvira than any other NIB game I've ever bought (I think this is my 5th or 6th?)

The same happened to me. I was going to buy a premium, but they were sold out and only a single LE was available. It is a very nice looking game!

Rob

#4185 3 years ago

Jack was literally back door champion on the dead flip stream tonight. Would it be too crude to have a back door champion in the game?

Rob

#4186 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Doesn’t the character, who calls out the bonus shots during multi ball, sound like Bernie Sanders.

I only have 1 doing it is that correct or should all 4 hit the glass. Only the far right one hits the glass.

#4187 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I only have 1 doing it is that correct or should all 4 hit the glass. Only the far right one hits the glass.

All four hit the glass on our game. Some games have holes in the shafts with cable ties through them so the gargoils do not hit the glass.

#4188 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

All 4. A couple pages back we had a discussion about fixes

#4189 3 years ago

Cantbfrank make sure your plunger is centered on the pinball, it may need to be realigned.

#4190 3 years ago

Thanks guys i like it hitting the glass will fix these.

#4191 3 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

The plastic shooter lane protector sold by Mezelmods is exceptional. It will resolve the problem you are talking about as well as protect the wood which sometimes chips easily. It is inexpensive and very easy to install -- about 20 seconds!

#4192 3 years ago

Guys, I'm so jalous of you having this game, i want to be in this club. Does anyone know when there will be a another production run?

#4193 3 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Guys, I'm so jalous of you having this game, i want to be in this club. Does anyone know when there will be a another production run?

I don’t have any specific information, but I have to wonder how many more EHoH games Stern will make, especially with the success of TMNT and all of the other “active” titles they have at the moment. With that being said, I’m sure they would sell whatever they make.

#4194 3 years ago
Quoted from jurulz:

Premiums are still out there if you do a searching on the web.

#4195 3 years ago

Prems were still being built as of June 12th. 2020. I know that for sure it's the build date on my machine.

#4196 3 years ago

Installed the mods of medisinyl today. Awesome stuff!!!

received_290605028812652.jpegreceived_290605028812652.jpeg
#4197 3 years ago

I’ve got one on the way, what can I do/what do I need to prepare for the code update before it gets here? Thanks, I’m excited, first nib and first code update

#4198 3 years ago
Quoted from Kside:

I’ve got one on the way, what can I do/what do I need to prepare for the code update before it gets here? Thanks, I’m excited, first nib and first code update

If you have a 16gb class 10 SD card, you can build the 0.98 code system files on there so you just install the SD card when the machine arrives.

#4199 3 years ago

Thank you Lman! Gonna upload tonight with a cold one.

#4200 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thank you Lman! Gonna upload tonight with a cold one.

Today is National Tequila Day. I fully intend to shoot a few games with a margarita.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

18,500 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,073 posts in this topic. You are on page 84 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/84?hl=noob-a-tron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.