IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 363.
#4051 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

What was build date on this machine if you don't mind me asking?

June 12, 2020

#4052 3 years ago

Sweet, thanks for the quick reply. Mine was June 11, 2020 ... I've been so busy at work, I've yet to play the first game on it (and I have to put on my Playfield Protector first) ... Happy to hear there is a chance I wont have to deal with some of these issues.

#4053 3 years ago
Quoted from RetroGamerJP:

Sweet, thanks for the quick reply. Mine was June 11, 2020 ... I've been so busy at work, I've yet to play the first game on it (and I have to put on my Playfield Protector first) ... Happy to hear there is a chance I wont have to deal with some of these issues.

I don't use PF protectors, but I do put mylar on high wear locations ie. slings, stand up targets and under the ramps flaps etc.., I also used the slow motion video feature and kept dropping the ball in the crypt VUK and watching it's landing spot over and over again and cut a 3" circle protector to cover that area. Knock wood no issues to report as of yet, and love that they used all wood construction again like they did on their Munster's cabs. It's built really well compared to their earlier titles.

Dam haven't flipped a single ball yet, you have no idea what your missing. I never thought we'd like this game as much as we do and with Lyman this will be a title for the ages.

#4054 3 years ago

My vote for best Elvira clip: "Spoiler alert! Yes you do. Boo creepy doctor!..." in TBTWD. Lol every time.

#4055 3 years ago

Anyone with later build date premiums noticing any fixes at all?

#4056 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

My vote for best Elvira clip: "Spoiler alert! Yes you do. Boo creepy doctor!..." in TBTWD. Lol every time.

The pop up after the 7th or 8th shot in Manos...
"Debbie, your deadbeat parents are looking for ya". Always gets me.

#4057 3 years ago
Quoted from freegame450:

Recently joined the club. I had the same problem as above. Noticed others on this thread talking about issues with the right ramp opto next to the crypt. I removed my right ramp and found the opto to be securely tight in place, but substantially out of alignment with the holes in the ramp that the opto looks through. See pics. I can’t believe that this sort of stuff gets put on new machines. Easiest fix for me was to make the sight holes a little bigger so the opto could do its job. Factory hole size was approx. 3/16” dia. I carefully opened them up to 5/16” dia. Now all is GOOD and LOVING my new toy.[quoted image][quoted image]

I started getting phantom registers on my right ramp as well. When I first got the game it was fine then it got worse over time. I removed the ramp and the screws holding the opto were still tight. I enlarged the holes to 5/16" as described by freegame450 and it's working fine now.

When I first looked at the opto on the right side of the ramp I was looking at the red lit LED with the game on and it was nowhere close to the hole. At first I though that was the LED that should shine through the hole but I think that one is just a power indicator. The LED that should align with the hole is D1 which I think is IR so you cant see it light up.

There is dimmer red LED on the receiver side on the left side of the ramp. Another way to test if the oto is registering properly is that LED will go off when the light beam between them is broken.

#4058 3 years ago
Quoted from John1210:

Anyone with later build date premiums noticing any fixes at all?

I have noticed the house plastic has been trimmed, and the crypt VUK kicks the ball out perfectly now. June 2020 build

#4059 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I have noticed the house plastic has been trimmed, and the crypt VUK kicks the ball out perfectly now. June 2020 build

Hopefully Stern implemented a fix for the VUK that was better than the one they provided a workaround for.

#4060 3 years ago

Hi all

I have a problem with the ball stucked in the house and dont want be ejected... the coil try to eject but the ball stay behind the lock stop.

I have read some thread here but no solution seem to be found...

Just a question : the ball must be behind the lock post or in front when the ball enter in the house ? At my home, the ball is behind and when the post go down, it push the ball inside the house rather than eject it. If someone can tell me the real behaviour of the ball, it could help me.

Thanks a lot

#4061 3 years ago

Thanks for this info. I'll give it try.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Key Posts"?

#4062 3 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

Thanks for this info. I'll give it try.
I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Key Posts"?

Top of the page, underneath the "topic gallery" - key posts. You can expand it and you'll see multiple links to important posts about each thread. In this case, there's about 7

#4063 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Top of the page, underneath the "topic gallery" - key posts. You can expand it and you'll see multiple links to important posts about each thread. In this case, there's about 7

Ahh! Thanks!!

#4064 3 years ago

Thanks. The vuk is an easy fix but its good that its been sorted from factory. I wasnt aware there was a fault with the house plastic?

#4065 3 years ago
Quoted from Yfichelle:

Hi all
I have a problem with the ball stucked in the house and dont want be ejected... the coil try to eject but the ball stay behind the lock stop.
I have read some thread here but no solution seem to be found...
Just a question : the ball must be behind the lock post or in front when the ball enter in the house ? At my home, the ball is behind and when the post go down, it push the ball inside the house rather than eject it. If someone can tell me the real behaviour of the ball, it could help me.
Thanks a lot

It sounds like the ball may be getting stuck at the subway exit. I would check that pin is level side to side and that game is at proper angle front to back (about 6.5 degrees). When the coil in the subway is energized the post should retract upwards allowing ball to fall out. Hopefully the attached picture helps explain it. It shows the back subway directly behind the house.

back_subway2 (resized).jpgback_subway2 (resized).jpg
#4066 3 years ago

I am contemplating on pulling the trigger on a NIB with build date of june 2020
I played a game on my DIST floor model also with build date of June 2020.
The gargoils are not moving up when hit on his new build.
Does anyone know if Stern changed the design on the gargoils jumping/ hitting glass? Its a cool feature!!
Did they change the new builds and omit the jumping gargoils for some reason?

#4067 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

Does anyone know if Stern changed the design on the gargoils jumping/ hitting glass? Its a cool feature!!

I doubt they would undo that feature. My guess it's a new game and maybe they forgot to removing the shipping foam under the playfield that keeps the gargoyles from moving during shipping.

#4068 3 years ago

Can you snap a few pics of the VUK from the underside of the playfield. I've adjusted mine a number of times and still not getting consistent results.

Is the mech parallel to the edge of the playfield? If it is could you provide some measurements?

Thanks Martin

#4069 3 years ago
Quoted from Motorcitypinball:

The gargoyles need to be lined up pretty precisely too; I even added a tiny bit of lube so they would move properly - my game didn't move all that well either. Seriously doubt Stern would take the time to change that design

#4070 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The gargoyles need to be lined up pretty precisely too; I even added a tiny bit of lube so they would move properly - my game didn't move all that well either. Seriously doubt Stern would take the time to change that design

Me too I used some heavy duty silicone hinge lubricant ..just spray on paper towel abit then wipe the shafts of the gargoils and they fly up and down now when switch is hit..way better then it was

I also found all 4 loosened constantly and I had to add locknut to all 4 . The constant hitting from the left and right edge was loosing them and shifting them alot and i found the plastic switch behind them was getting a groove cut thru them from the sharp edge..definitely recommend some threadlock

#4071 3 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Can you snap a few pics of the VUK from the underside of the playfield. I've adjusted mine a number of times and still not getting consistent results.
Is the mech parallel to the edge of the playfield? If it is could you provide some measurements?
Thanks Martin

I'll try to get those up today

#4072 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

Me too I used some heavy duty silicone hinge lubricant ..just spray on paper towel abit then wipe the shafts of the gargoils and they fly up and down now when switch is hit..way better then it was
I also found all 4 loosened constantly and I had to add locknut to all 4 . The constant hitting from the left and right edge was loosing them and shifting them alot and i found the plastic switch behind them was getting a groove cut thru them from the sharp edge..definitely recommend some threadlock

Yep, exactly. I don’t know why they switched to that blade design vs the rods. The switch covers are also a 2-piece design and the metal pieces need to be EXACTLY aligned in order for them to move smoothly

#4073 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Hopefully Stern implemented a fix for the VUK that was better than the one they provided a workaround for.

Even though its cringe to drill holes, that fix worked for me, 100 percent of the time!

#4074 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Yep, exactly. I don’t know why they switched to that blade design vs the rods. The switch covers are also a 2-piece design and the metal pieces need to be EXACTLY aligned in order for them to move smoothly

My guess is they did it to keep the gargoyles from rotating like the leapers did on Scared Stiff. Wouldn’t look very good if the gargoyles weren’t always facing forward.

#4075 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I doubt they would undo that feature. My guess it's a new game and maybe they forgot to removing the shipping foam under the playfield that keeps the gargoyles from moving during shipping.

Thank you
That was it.
He did NOT remove shipping foam!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#4076 3 years ago

I have a build date of June 10th and my VUK does not work right. How far are you guys moving it and in what direction?

#4077 3 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Thanks Martin

Ok the flat edge of the VUK that runs parallel to the right side of the playfield edge when elevated is almost exactly 9/16 from edge of the VUK to edge of the PF as shown below.

The top/forward edge of the VUK which would be the top edge of the VUK when the PF is elevated is 7/8 from the VUK top edge to the center of the PF side railing screw as shown below.

A few other shots of the whole are are shown as well. Hope this helps.

side (resized).JPGside (resized).JPGtop (resized).JPGtop (resized).JPGIMG_9452 (resized).JPGIMG_9452 (resized).JPGIMG_9453 (resized).JPGIMG_9453 (resized).JPGIMG_9454 (resized).JPGIMG_9454 (resized).JPGIMG_9455 (resized).JPGIMG_9455 (resized).JPGIMG_9456 (resized).JPGIMG_9456 (resized).JPG
#4078 3 years ago

Thank you for posting that! After the fix mine is only about 75%. Going to check mine vs yours, maybe try the bending trick.

#4079 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

File the slot to make it slight more wide. It will never get stuck again. Especially the one to the left of the crypt

#4080 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

My guess is they did it to keep the gargoyles from rotating like the leapers did on Scared Stiff. Wouldn’t look very good if the gargoyles weren’t always facing forward.

Well that would make sense!

#4081 3 years ago

Sucker punch, hit me right in the feels.

32FF627B-D6E4-4E47-9F75-D32DF0983BF8 (resized).jpeg32FF627B-D6E4-4E47-9F75-D32DF0983BF8 (resized).jpeg
#4082 3 years ago

I just finished an updated tutorial regarding the VUK. If anyone is having issues with the consistency of shots fired from the VUK, this may help. This is an update to my previous game adjustments video for EHOH.

How to fix the VUK:

Game Adjustments (ball guide, crate, and VUK)

#4083 3 years ago

Gargoyle flew off his pogo stick tonight. Guess I gotta jam this thing up his ass again.

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#4084 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Gargoyle flew off his pogo stick tonight. Guess I gotta jam this thing up his ass again.
[quoted image]

Looks like he got a little excited...

2932F83D-E680-4634-823A-B681380928A3 (resized).jpeg2932F83D-E680-4634-823A-B681380928A3 (resized).jpeg

#4085 3 years ago

Yep did it to me with the glass off lol it went 10 feet in the air, I was testing stuff and it scared the shit out of me.

#4086 3 years ago

What size speakers are in a EHOR LE, 4 inch or 5 1/4 inch?

#4087 3 years ago

Well my Elvira HOH arrived Thursday. I haven't noticed any problems yet. My machine was made in late June. I'll have to check the date. I know I need to do a code update. Its going to take sometime to figure out all the rules. So far I love the game.

#4088 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

What size speakers are in a EHOR LE, 4 inch or 5 1/4 inch?

I believe in the LE they are 5.25”. I know the Premiums had the 4” as I just upgraded mine to the 5.25” speakers.

#4089 3 years ago

I believe in the LE they are 5.25”. I know the Premiums had the 4” as I just upgraded mine to the 5.25” speakers.

Thanks. I don’t have access to my pin right now. But I’d like to confirm if it has 5 1/4 inch speakers before I order my Pinwoofer kit.

#4090 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

[quoted image]

He might be asking for a back door skill shot?

#4091 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Thanks. I don’t have access to my pin right now. But I’d like to confirm if it has 5 1/4 inch speakers before I order my Pinwoofer kit.

The pinwoofer guy seems to really know his stuff. I am almost certain if you tell him what version of the game you have he will just know, haha. He was super helpful when I got a kit for my Metallica. Thinking of upgrading JP & Elvira soon.

#4092 3 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I just finished an updated tutorial regarding the VUK. If anyone is having issues with the consistency of shots fired from the VUK, this may help. This is an update to my previous game adjustments video for EHOH.
How to fix the VUK:

Game Adjustments (ball guide, crate, and VUK)

Said it before and will say it again. Your videos are great and super easy to follow. They are very much appreciated.

#4093 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Said it before and will say it again. Your videos are great and super easy to follow. They are very much appreciated.

Thanks Jandrea95. There is also a Stern issued fix that involves repositioning the VUK bracket but mine was already repositioned when I got it (I could see the old screw holes) so this is really an add on to that. This game has taken so much tweaking but when it is dialed in, it is worth it.

F02582D5-BBE4-4A1E-ADEF-47C4F871298A (resized).jpegF02582D5-BBE4-4A1E-ADEF-47C4F871298A (resized).jpeg
#4094 3 years ago

the game looks so naked without any mods...

#4095 3 years ago
Quoted from ToucanF16:

Greetings ToucanF16 - the feature matrix for Elvira HOH shows the LE has "Upgraded High Definition..." speakers and every Spike-2 LE I've encountered has 5 1/4's, but best to confirm. We offer a kit Spike-2 that deletes the backbox speakers for the LE/SE 5 1/4 upgrade since the upgraded backbox speakers they have been supplying are great quality and sound excellent with our amplifier - thanks!

#4096 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

the game looks so naked without any mods...

I think it looks great without mods! I’m not against mods, but I think it’s a beautiful pin as is.

#4097 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I think it looks great without mods! I’m not against mods, but I think it’s a beautiful pin as is.

What really stands out is those horrible yellow flipper bats.

#4098 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Bone finger bats for the win!!!

#4099 3 years ago

Bone finger bats for the win!!!

The boney flipper bats really tie the game together.

rps20200719_123828 (resized).jpgrps20200719_123828 (resized).jpg
#4100 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I’ll concede that is a very fair point!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

14,000 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 82 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/82?hl=sebastian88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.