20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 360.
#3951 3 years ago

Can someone please tell me the SD card size for Elvira, I'd like to build the latest image while waiting for my machine to arrive. I know it requires a class 10 but can't find the size and don't want to purchase something too large that the spike bios may not recognize.

Thanks and Happy 4th.

#3952 3 years ago

I used a 16gb and a 32gb and both had no problems but best quality sd card.

#3953 3 years ago

Welcome to the club in advance. This game is so much fun!!!

#3954 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Can someone please tell me the SD card size for Elvira, I'd like to build the latest image while waiting for my machine to arrive. I know it requires a class 10 but can't find the size and don't want to purchase something too large that the spike bios may not recognize.
Thanks and Happy 4th.

16GB, class 10

#3955 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I used a 16gb and a 32gb and both had no problems but best quality sd card.

Awesome thank you. Yeah I was looking at SanDisk 32GB Extreme PRO 170/mbs I just wanted to make sure I can go the high in GB, as the 16gb are about 95/mbs.

Thanks BTW really looking forward to it the wife and I. We did enjoy SS for years so hopefully this one follow suite, I have a tremendous amount of fate in Lyman. In fact he might be the only one I have fate in as of late lol.

#3956 3 years ago

I rate this as high as Metallica and Maiden. Lyman is god on code. Elwin and Lyman for me. Nordmans best game since WH20 for me.

#3957 3 years ago

I have a tremendous amount of fate in Lyman. In fact he might be the only one I have fate in as of late lol.

As you should! Lyman/Elvira are a perfect combo.

A buddy is excited to get his too after more rounds on mine last night.

I’m a bad pin pal...

#3958 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Game feature adjustment #49 I think. It's default is 2 then the 3rd time completes it whether you hit the targets or not. You can turn it down to 1 then the 2nd would complete it, but I don't think you can turn it off. I could be wrong though.

Thanks, I thought that was the adjustment #. I had already changed it to "one", but I haven't had time to play the game to see if that was it.

#3959 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

As you should! Lyman/Elvira are a perfect combo.
A buddy is excited to get his too after more rounds on mine last night.
I’m a bad pin pal...

Yep we're pretty stoked as well, and we just ordered the Medisinyl Mods too which look dam awesome.

#3960 3 years ago

Yep we're pretty stoked as well, and we just ordered the Medisinyl Mods too which look dam awesome.

Smart move.
I rarely mod games, but that interactive casket absolutely blends in and completes the game.

#3961 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Smart move.
I rarely mod games, but that interactive casket absolutely blends in and completes the game.

Yup. The casket is to Elvira as the Atomic Pile mod is to Batman 66 - a must have mod!

#3962 3 years ago

Hey Sheats, thanks for the code updates.

Wondering what does it say on the NIB picture when wild woman MB starts, anyone know?

20200706_144446 (resized).jpg20200706_144446 (resized).jpg20200706_144659 (resized).jpg20200706_144659 (resized).jpg
#3963 3 years ago

Quoted from Vino:

Smart move.

Quoted from jfh:

Yup. The casket is to Elvira as the Atomic Pile mod is to Batman 66 - a must have mod!

Truly appreciate the positive feedback . Been a rough year (for many of us), and seeing the response here for my work certainly helps keep up morale.

Looking forward to making some new products--TMNT prototyping started last week.

#3964 3 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Hey Sheats, thanks for the code updates.
Wondering what does it say on the NIB picture when wild woman MB starts, anyone know?[quoted image][quoted image]

It‘s a shipping crate and says something like:

“Ship to:
Elvira
666 Dead Head Lane
[Somewhere] California ##### “

#3965 3 years ago

Got my Elvira on Thursday and already have some issues that are keeping me from playing it. This is my first pin so I get to learn troubleshooting fast. I sent an email to Stern so I will see what they say. I tried calling the 1800kickers number but got a message saying they were still closed due to COVID.

I have the VUK issue where it either trickles out or slams into the targets. In looking straight down the kicker seems perfectly aligned in the center.

My trunk is not closing fully after locking a ball. This means it traps another ball upon ball search and randomly triggers multiball. Sometimes it has kicked out two extra balls from the shooter lane at trunk multiball start. I assume this is because the game thinks something is wrong with the kicker in the trunk.

The ball never goes into the back door. It will hang on the opening for a second or two and will eventually go down the left orbit. I saw something earlier about the hole in the back being an issue but my game was made in June so I should have the new part. I can trigger it manually if I toss a ball in there but it never happens in a real game.

I am also getting constant air balls from the left ramp. Has Stern made a statement about fixing this with a part? I know someone on here sells something but for 8k Stern needs to ship something themselves.

I know I will get these issues fixed with help from Pinside and Stern but it is a real downer when your game has a bunch of issues from the start. I’ll stay positive though because I f’n love pinball.

#3966 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

Got my Elvira on Thursday and already have some issues that are keeping me from playing it. This is my first pin so I get to learn troubleshooting fast. I sent an email to Stern so I will see what they say. I tried calling the 1800kickers number but got a message saying they were still closed due to COVID.
I have the VUK issue where it either trickles out or slams into the targets. In looking straight down the kicker seems perfectly aligned in the center.
My trunk is not closing fully after locking a ball. This means it traps another ball upon ball search and randomly triggers multiball. Sometimes it has kicked out two extra balls from the shooter lane at trunk multiball start. I assume this is because the game thinks something is wrong with the kicker in the trunk.
The ball never goes into the back door. It will hang on the opening for a second or two and will eventually go down the left orbit. I saw something earlier about the hole in the back being an issue but my game was made in June so I should have the new part. I can trigger it manually if I toss a ball in there but it never happens in a real game.
I am also getting constant air balls from the left ramp. Has Stern made a statement about fixing this with a part? I know someone on here sells something but for 8k Stern needs to ship something themselves.
I know I will get these issues fixed with help from Pinside and Stern but it is a real downer when your game has a bunch of issues from the start. I’ll stay positive though because I f’n love pinball.

Congratulations on the game. Everything but the VUK is likely super simple. Do you have a digital level? Your rear left corner is low if you can’t make the backdoor shot (time to adjust the leg leveler). The truck is also likely causing your air balls. There is one screw on the left of the truck lid. Loosen it, reposition the truck lid and snug it back down. When correct the ramp leading to the truck lid should be a little higher than the lid. If it still isn’t, you may need to raise the ramp height (a couple small washers should do it). There is lot of VUK repairs spelled out in this forum. You just need to figure out what problem you have.

#3967 3 years ago

So while bored and waiting on EHOH to arrive I made the boot sd image from the 0.97 raw file on sterns site, after doing its flash process I decided to pop it in the pc to see the files and size. It shows two files and something like 5.71mb, does that seem right?
elvira (resized).jpgelvira (resized).jpg

#3968 3 years ago

No think it should be large like in the gigabytes.

#3969 3 years ago

Should look like this,

15940973585791307581887367200895 (resized).jpg15940973585791307581887367200895 (resized).jpg
#3970 3 years ago

I guess this is what the update file looks like, if you're talking about the SD card image it's just one file like this. The compressed zip file is around the size you stated. The unzipped file is around 14GB

15940976619144602989167211163253.jpg15940976619144602989167211163253.jpg

#3971 3 years ago

I downloaded the sd raw file to make the boot image 0.97. It is just under 16gb file compressed. I unzipped it then used the program that Stern site has the link for to flash the as card. It flashed and then verified and completed but that is what now showing on the card, unless the pc cannot read the files correctly or size.

#3972 3 years ago

Looks like you’re using Windows 7 (FYI that O/S will be end of life soon, no more security updates)

Windows can’t read the SDcard properly after it’s been written to, so if you reinsert it to your computer after it finished, whatever you see won’t be correct, which is normal. Also you need to boot the computer (or in this case the game) with the card in it, in order to finish the process. Just wait until your game arrives.

One other thing for the future: the USB update is significantly smaller in size and faster than the SDcard process, but I guess you’re already done with that part.

#3973 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Looks like you’re using Windows 7

Yep windows 7 professional 64bit. I know it will soon if not already be obsolete, I just can't stand windows 10. Thanks for clearing this up for me I started to figure it was windows not reading it properly or didn't have the know how to do so. This was just something to do in my downtime of waiting for her to arrive. All the best and thanks for the help.

#3974 3 years ago

I downloaded the sd raw file to make the boot image 0.97. It is just under 16gb file compressed. I unzipped it then used the program that Stern site has the link for to flash the as card. It flashed and then verified and completed but that is what now showing on the card, unless the pc cannot read the files correctly or size.

I thought your original post was very clear on what you were asking ... I honestly have no idea what was unclear about your SD card question

EDIT: It may be that folks don't realize Spike games use an SD card in the same fashion as a computer uses an internal hard drive. If I had to guess, I would assume that windows is only capable of reading the files on the boot partition and the rest of the card is formatted in some form of Unix like EXT4 that Windows cant see.

#3975 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I thought your original post was very clear on what you were asking ... I honestly have no idea what was unclear about your SD card question
EDIT: It may be that folks don't realize Spike games use an SD card in the same fashion as a computer uses an internal hard drive.

"shrug" However I believe Rdoyle1978 pretty much cleared it for me as windows most likely doesn't read the image and size correctly along with there is a part II to this process once it's inserted into the machine.

So in the meantime ordering protectors, the ramp fix and few other little things...

#3976 3 years ago

I'm curios what it looks like in my CentOS 7 machine...may have to play with this this weekend

#3977 3 years ago

SOTU says be on the lookout for another Elvira code drop this month.

#3978 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

SOTU says be on the lookout for another Elvira code drop this month.

I'm liking this machine already, I love hearing code drops coming. Hope my machine drops in before the code does

#3979 3 years ago

Really nice touches on the last update with the thunder and wild women changes. This is such an amazing game. The clip where they're all looking from behind the tree like a cartoon made me lol.

#3980 3 years ago

Question for anyone also playing a game with playfield protector installed.

On my previous LE I had no issues whatsoever locking balls in the garage . I am having a lot of difficulty with the 3rd to be precise on this particular game ..keeps coming back out.

Just had a game, two trunk MBs, one houseparty , on my 7th haunt , 2 completed and 2 deadheads, but not even started wild women .. so it could be me or my skills, but I doubt it

Anyone have the same? before I start tearing the house down to investigate

Thx in advance

#3981 3 years ago

Playing around with adding toys of the monsters in the movies , grabbed a lobster and gila monster..still trying to find a gappa.

Not sure .... i think the lobster needs some shading , it looks to plastic atm.
The Giant Gila monster i need to touch up paint the eyes mouth and claws, im trying to find a N scale train set hotrod car to put in front beside the red light.

Once the mausoleum and vuk gargoyle mods arrive and install em I'll have better idea how they balance out.. i was thinking Gila farther down left ramp might balance out and its not tall ..tho i'll need to fabricate an arch to support it and the car...

IMG_7396 (resized).jpgIMG_7396 (resized).jpg
#3982 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

Playing around with adding toys of the monsters in the movies , grabbed a lobster and gila monster..still trying to find a gappa.
Not sure .... i think the lobster needs some shading , it looks to plastic atm.
The Giant Gila monster i need to touch up paint the eyes mouth and claws, im trying to find a N scale train set hotrod car to put in front beside the red light.
Once the mausoleum and vuk gargoyle mods arrive and install em I'll have better idea how they balance out.. i was thinking Gila farther down left ramp might balance out and its not tall ..tho i'll need to fabricate an arch to support it and the car...[quoted image]

The gila monster looks great. I think you should paint the lobster black to go with the movie. You should go all out and find a doll hat that matches Torgo’s and hang it off the realty sign.

#3983 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

The gila monster looks great. I think you should paint the lobster black to go with the movie. You should go all out and find a doll hat that matches Torgo’s and hang it off the realty sign.

Love the Hat Idea..i might have to see if i have a Saytre Mini I could alter to look like Torgo.

#3984 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

Love the Hat Idea..i might have to see if i have a Saytre Mini I could alter to look like Torgo.

Get one like this carrying luggage to really match the movie.

https://images.app.goo.gl/koRwLBfgb3jRTcSs9

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/417638565436477777/

#3985 3 years ago

I am a big fan of doing your own mods as long as they are good. It makes the game more unique. Here is how my LE looks these days. I think I'm done messing with it. Maybe not.

20200625_180156 (resized).jpg20200625_180156 (resized).jpg20200625_180234 (resized).jpg20200625_180234 (resized).jpg

20200625_180219 (resized).jpg20200625_180219 (resized).jpg
#3986 3 years ago

Yours looks great!
I really like all the personal mods people post.. I figured start slow and easy

#3987 3 years ago

Pinball Mods are like seasoning to a soup...too much and all you taste is the seasoning, put in the wrong kind and your soup tastes like crap. Mods must enhance and integrate with the theme of the machine (keeping the seasoning analogy in mind) otherwise your pinball machine looks like a cluttered shelf. That said...I have seen some really decent mods out there for EHOH that meet the criteria above (Medisinyl)...some, not so much.

#3988 3 years ago

Pingulp is the best mod. Usually the only one I put on my games .

#3989 3 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

On my previous LE I had no issues whatsoever locking balls in the garage . I am having a lot of difficulty with the 3rd to be precise on this particular game ..keeps coming back out.
Just had a game, two trunk MBs, one houseparty , on my 7th haunt , 2 completed and 2 deadheads, but not even started wild women .. so it could be me or my skills, but I doubt it
Thx in advance

I don't have one on this game but many others. I'd think the issue would be more likely to be with the ball gate or ball gate spring under the plastic.

#3990 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I am a big fan of doing your own mods as long as they are good. It makes the game more unique. Here is how my LE looks these days. I think I'm done messing with it. Maybe not.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

I especially love the cattle skull!!

#3991 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I especially love the cattle skull!!

Thanks, I figured Elvira needed that to go with pink flamingo yard ornaments she already had.

#3992 3 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

I have a protector on my LE and have no issues locking any balls in the garage. I did the house backdoor guide update and bent up the flap on the garage gate that people suggested.

I installed the playfield protector and made all the tweaks/upgrades before the first ball rolled on the playfield.

#3993 3 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:

Thx in advance

I have an LE with a protector. Have not experienced what you describe.

#3994 3 years ago
Quoted from steigerpijp:Question for anyone also playing a game with playfield protector installed.
Thx in advance

I removed the house, removed the left side of the house plastic and simply cut the bottom corner off.

Working all the time now with no ball bouncing back out.

Hope that helps.

not cut house (resized).jpgnot cut house (resized).jpgcut house (resized).jpgcut house (resized).jpg
#3995 3 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

I removed the house, removed the left side of the house plastic and simply cut the bottom corner off.

That's one of the other things I did as well when I had the house removed for the back door guide upgrade.

#3996 3 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Working all the time now with no ball bouncing back out.
Hope that helps.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I’ve taken out the house , couldnt find anything else but this plastic to adjust

Will report back if cutting this like yours has fixed it

Thx

#3997 3 years ago

I purchased my EHOH Premium on Sunday. Love the pin and so does my wife. In the description of the game, I remember reading that you can watch the trailer for the movie that you created...however, I have not been able to do this yet. Is there a setting that I need to adjust to see an end of game movie trailer?

Thanks

#3998 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballmike150:

I purchased my EHOH Premium on Sunday. Love the pin and so does my wife. In the description of the game, I remember reading that you can watch the trailer for the movie that you created...however, I have not been able to do this yet. Is there a setting that I need to adjust to see an end of game movie trailer?
Thanks

I didn't know this but you're right as it's stated on the matrix chart for all three models, but the manual doesn't show any feature adjustments at all. I guess it will have to be a feature by feature go through hunt.

Untitled-1 (resized).jpgUntitled-1 (resized).jpg
#3999 3 years ago

There's still more to be added! Lyman is slaying it with big additions every few weeks. Directors cut, and I *think* big head shot both need to be added (but I haven't killed 3 dead heads in a while) as well as a few of the trunk awards. I assume wild market value standup will also be more meaningful at some point.

#4000 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballmike150:

Thanks

I was super excited about that feature as well! When there was nothing there like that, I just assumed I was misinterpreting what it was supposed to be. Here’s to hoping it’s just something not programmed yet?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
8,750 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Huntington Beach, CA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 17,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/80?hl=noob-a-tron and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.