IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 363.
#351 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Hey owners - now that we have all had some time to play our new games make sure you rate it here on Pinside. It would be nice to see where it falls on the top 100 list. We only need a few more reviews to be officially ranked.

Kind of hard to rate given its immature code...I suppose it could be rated with a disclaimer...

#352 4 years ago

Hey owners - now that we have all had some time to play our new games make sure you rate it here on Pinside. It would be nice to see where it falls on the top 100 list. We only need a few more reviews to be officially ranked.

Might be a little early to rate the game.

#353 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Might be a little early to rate the game.

You can always update your Pinside review. Code .83 was a bit of an nightmare but .84 is very playable.

#354 4 years ago

I think we should wait a bit to rate it personally. As so much isn't done yet. Not just rule updates, but there will be a lot of callouts added each update, with new animations and lots of other new stuff. So... I'm going to hold off until its closer to 1.0... If not maybe a little past 1.0... Will have to see the rate of updates. But, I think we might see updates fairly quick on this one.

I know my rating will be high on this one as I think the cab art for the LE is one of the best in the business. So art wise and toy wise I think it we all know the game kicks butt. Layout... Not original, but it shoots great and flows nicely. So I'd rate that as good but not great. Fun... Even now its off the charts. So while the code won't really dramatically alter my scores. It will still impact if I give it a great score or middle or good score. Just a little bit too much unknowns before I can rate.

And also, the lastibility. Only time will tell how I feel about this pin. And some of that is with the callouts, and animations. I do skip animations from time to time, but sometimes if I like an animation I'll let it play. Hell I skip mostly all of Monster Bash's animations on my LE. But, that's because I've seen them so often. But, I still will watch some of them from time to time. But, its callouts truly are great. And still make me smile when I hear them. And quite frankly that is what Elivra needs more of right now... She's getting there though.

So while I think I'd rate this game as a low 8 right now. I think given time and updates it could be a low 9. I don't see a mid to high 9 from myself even in the future. But, I still think its one heck of a game.

#355 4 years ago

I also had a issue with the crypt as described by a previous poster. The fix worked. I’ll try and get a photo later.

Code update VO.85.0 addresses music after game. (Thanks, I needed that for the location)

#356 4 years ago

V0.85.0 - Oct. 22, 2019
=======================

- The starting house haunt was not being initialized/reset properly in
all cases. This has been corrected.
- Removed the adjustment for photo shoot. This adjustment will be reset
to NO after update.
- Improved ramp/diverter handling.
- Fixed background lamp effect for house haunts so the cellar lamp shows
correctly when the cellar is lit.
- Added moving super jackpot for Wild Women Multiball.
- Added a score countdown (hurry-up) for shooting ramp shots during
Trailer Trash. When Trailer Trash starts, the house ramp shot is worth
1/2 of the points scored during the last haunt. The first ramp shot
increases this value to 3/4 and starts counting the value down. The
second ramp shot increases this value to 100% and starts counting the
value down.
- Added some sounds to bonus.
- Reorganized priorities so Gargoyles Gone Wild is higher than Happy Hour
and Drive Me Crazy.
- Add additional adjustments to adjustment menu.
- Game over music was not being quieted after a period of time at the end
of a game. This has been corrected.
- Added and implemented virtual lock adjustments.
- Added and implemented game over unlock of garage balls locked and trunk
balls locked.

#357 4 years ago
Quoted from Mogg:

I also had a issue with the crypt as described by a previous poster. The fix worked. I’ll try and get a photo later.
Code update VO.85.0 addresses music after game. (Thanks, I needed that for the location)

If anyone could not just post photos, but also list the instructions for this newb. I'd appreciate it. I've gotten much better with pin repair and maintenance, but, I like to see what I need to do, before I go and tinker. With these pins I'm just a bit too afraid to touch anything without knowing what each thing does and why.

Sorry for being a newb!

And also a fix for the gate for the ball lock under the house... Again... Total newb, but I don't want to bend or tinker without knowing why and how.

#358 4 years ago

Yes!!! I finally get to officially join this thread as I picked up my EHOH this past Sunday and set her up last night. I absolutely love the game already, even with its flaws based on early code. (I know it will only get better with time) With the lights off, the haunted house and it's colors just look awesome. It's been a long few years to wait on this game since the original email from Dennis Nordman gauging interest - but I feel the wait paid off big time!

The funny thing is that I wasn't originally loving the aesthetics based on the early photos that were released, but I can attest to my strong change in opinion following my viewing in person. I can post pictures if anyone wants, but since I'm a bit late to the party, I'm sure everyone has already seen enough pics. Can't wait to put more time on her!

#359 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

V0.85.0 - Oct. 22, 2019
=======================
- The starting house haunt was not being initialized/reset properly in
all cases. This has been corrected.
- Removed the adjustment for photo shoot. This adjustment will be reset
to NO after update.
- Improved ramp/diverter handling.
- Fixed background lamp effect for house haunts so the cellar lamp shows
correctly when the cellar is lit.
- Added moving super jackpot for Wild Women Multiball.
- Added a score countdown (hurry-up) for shooting ramp shots during
Trailer Trash. When Trailer Trash starts, the house ramp shot is worth
1/2 of the points scored during the last haunt. The first ramp shot
increases this value to 3/4 and starts counting the value down. The
second ramp shot increases this value to 100% and starts counting the
value down.
- Added some sounds to bonus.
- Reorganized priorities so Gargoyles Gone Wild is higher than Happy Hour
and Drive Me Crazy.
- Add additional adjustments to adjustment menu.
- Game over music was not being quieted after a period of time at the end
of a game. This has been corrected.
- Added and implemented virtual lock adjustments.
- Added and implemented game over unlock of garage balls locked and trunk
balls locked.

Hmmm... Not a big update... Just really seems more like a bug fix update. Hopefully the next one will have more content added. Will update tomorrow and give it a go.

#360 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

V0.85.0 - Oct. 22, 2019
=======================

Thanks for posting Robert. My main issue has been that the end of game music never stopped, but this appears to fix that issue Thx. again for posting - on my way to download!

#361 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Hmmm... Not a big update... Just really seems more like a bug fix update.

Umm, it’s been less than a week since the last update. Exactly how much code do you think can be developed and tested in a few days?

#363 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Umm, it’s been less than a week since the last update. Exactly how much code do you think can be developed and tested in a few days?

True.

#364 4 years ago

Can anyone confirm that the left ramp does not register a shot for unhappy hour? I didn’t get to play code .84 long enough to notice. .85 seems to miss the shot register, but only on that mode.

Or am
I missing something with the rules?

Also, Skill shot remains a mystery

#365 4 years ago

I'm in, I have an LE on order.

#366 4 years ago

Got my LE on Oct 15th - #177. I now have all 3 Elvira machines -

#367 4 years ago

I was wondering if somebody could tell me if you guys can hear the diverter motor behind the house? I am playing at about 10-15 volume, which I know isn't super loud but I can definitely hear the diverter raising / lowering.
Seems kinda loud?

#368 4 years ago
Quoted from Dnis:

me too !

#369 4 years ago

Anyone make some nice score cards ?
I don’t have the best printer but happy to buy a set ?

#370 4 years ago

My new Elvira is at my shop and I’m going in early to play this game , I gotta say I’m really liking this game more and more . With mods n code coming this is a keeper

#371 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Always could go to a UPS store or another place and print them out there. Sometimes the people might refuse if they claim copyright. But, I think you should be fine with the cards. And even with a personal print, you're protected under fair use, and they really should print you image regardless. Only time they shouldn't is if you're printing 100 copies of another companies art.

Hell, I printed out one of Frazetta's Buck Rogers Covers, because I couldn't find a print of it to buy online. I did the same with Blake's Ghost of a Flea and some of his Red Dragon Stuff... And I've bought lots of Frazetta prints from his official Museum(they're actually some of the best print quality I've ever seen... You can see the texture of the canvas on the prints... But, again... Can't buy what they don't sell.).

Sorry for the tangent. But, to recap if anyone has some killer score cards, I'd also be interested.
I might dabble and see if I can make one myself. But, I like seeing what other people make. Gives me ideas.

#372 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

me too !

Me three!

#373 4 years ago

This is the first game I have ordered that I am a bit nervous about :/. It sounds both mechanically and programmatically unstable. I am going to stick with it because the toys, art and layout look cool to me, but it sounds like I shouldn’t race this one into the “bar” for route play.

#374 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Never understood putting LEs on location other than to be “first”. As an LE buyer, I’d never want one that had been routed.
But if there’s one on location in the Denver area, I’ll come play it to support the operator while I wait for mine.

Anybody getting a premium for location then?

#375 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Anybody getting a premium for location then?

Have premiums started to ship?

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#376 4 years ago

Just received notice that LE is coming Monday. Gonna be a long weekend.

#377 4 years ago

I have found the missing Deadheads via Pinball Browser. Do you want to see them?

#378 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I have found the missing Deadheads via Pinball Browser. Do you want to see them?

Not sure I want to see them yet, but can you confirm there are 12 of them?

#379 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Not sure I want to see them yet, but can you confirm there are 12 of them?

I have found 9 more deadheads than the 4 known ones. Perhaps one of them as been cancelled from the game or is a mini-wirard...

#380 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I would prefer to discover them while playing...

#381 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I have found 9 more deadheads than the 4 known ones. Perhaps one of them as been cancelled from the game or is a mini-wirard...

Well, according to the playfield there is a super deadhead shot. May be related.

#382 4 years ago

It appears completing Gappa Angy in single-ball mode starts a six-ball multiball which currently has nothing to shoot at.

Also just had a 22x Double Bone Us totaling over 55m. That was a really good ball. LOL

#383 4 years ago

Ok without having to read over 8 pages again. What all do I need to do to upgrade from stock code to .85? I downloaded the .85 on my PC already. Do I need to load .84 first? Do I need to unzip it then load to a USB? What is the smallest size of USB I can use?

#384 4 years ago

The Elvira we got has an issue where the ball goes directly to the sling when it comes down from the left orbit. Is this something we need to get repaired?

#385 4 years ago

Update instructions:
Download the zip file.
Unzip the file; this will create a folder that contains file(s).
Open the folder, copy the file(s) to the root level of a USB stick.(Do not copy the folder.)
Power the game off.
Insert the USB stick.
Turn the game on.
After the game boots up, there will be an option for software update.
The volume buttons change options for full or quick update. The enter button selects the option and starts the update.
Once the update is completed, turn the game off and remove the USB stick.
Turn the game on and the game will be running the new code.

#386 4 years ago
Quoted from mattenno:

The Elvira we got has an issue where the ball goes directly to the sling when it comes down from the left orbit. Is this something we need to get repaired?

I think this is pretty common, though mine seems to not be hitting it as much lately.

#387 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I think this is pretty common, though mine seems to not be hitting it as much lately.

From time to time it happens to me... Just got to stay on your toes and nudge it a little sometimes to make sure it comes cleanly back. Because, I had one yeserday that went from the left orbit to the sling and right into the right outlane. Wasn't happy... But, that is pinball.

#388 4 years ago

Left ramp does not always register shots on my unit. Am I alone in this? Switch edges show it works, but on a fast shot I get robbed. This is my first Stern, how is this sort of thing handled/adjusted?

#389 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Cointaker has a nice card set.

#390 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Cointaker has a nice card set.

You have a link? I searched their website and couldn't find them.

#391 4 years ago

#328 checking in. Fresh off the line.
F U N pin! and easy on the eyes too
Trilogy completed.

#392 4 years ago
Quoted from mattenno:

This is the type of thing you can adjust yourself easily...
- Loosen the ball rail (nut under the playfield) - adjust position - tighten
---- NOTE: you won't have a lot of play here - just a tiny bit. Loosen more nuts on the same guide for more play
- Bend the rail guide slightly

#393 4 years ago

Hi Owners,

Due to the size of my room I can only have a three pin line up, which is currently Simpsons Pinball Party, Scared Stiff and Popeye. While I do enjoy the Popeye, it would be the one to go if I wanted the new Elvira. Do you think having two Elvira pins and the Simpsons be odd or unbalanced?

#394 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Hi Owners,
Due to the size of my room I can only have a three pin line up, which is currently Simpsons Pinball Party, Scared Stiff and Popeye. While I do enjoy the Popeye, it would be the one to go if I wanted the new Elvira. Do you think having two Elvira pins and the Simpsons be odd or unbalanced?

Most people feel like having 2 pins that are an original (SS) and a "sequel" (EHOH) is cool.
IMO that would be a great set of 3 pins.

#395 4 years ago

Just a teaser. Have Steve at pinball refinery doing up a premium for me.

AC901CFE-2637-4510-9E44-5F570016CA4E (resized).jpegAC901CFE-2637-4510-9E44-5F570016CA4E (resized).jpeg
#396 4 years ago
Quoted from wayinla:

Hi Owners,

By definition your collection would be unbalanced but a good game is a good game. It is up to you. I wouldn’t have a problem with it. Heck, I have all 3. It would be nice to have another Elvira LE in SoCal.

#397 4 years ago

For those that have/will have all three games - are you lining them up together chronologically or some other way?

I was thinking EATPM/SS/HOH but thought that HOH/EATPM/SS might work too.

(HH is moving to the other side of the room)

86379EF0-D9EE-4D98-852F-12E21487A16D (resized).jpeg86379EF0-D9EE-4D98-852F-12E21487A16D (resized).jpeg
#398 4 years ago

Soon to be premium owner, but was able to play an LE today. Not sure what code, but saw 4 heads (Jar which I think was added in .84). Initial impressions: Fun game but super easy. Scored 347 million with no extra balls...played Gappa, House Party, Wild Women, Junk in Trunk, Gargoyles Gone Wild and 5 haunts, plus other modes I don't recall.

I did see the house turret spin, I believe during House Party. Never could make the back door skill shot. The ramp and all shots are generally buttery smooth, and most shots can be backhanded, even the right spinner orbit.

One air ball stuck on left ramp above in-lane, and twice ball stuck behind drop and ball search doesn't clear it.

Not many Elvira intros or call-outs so hope that improves...another bug, one of the intros had no audio. Seemed another mode was taking precedent.

I can see this game receiving the same "complaint" as Scared Stiff. Fun, great art, but easy. Would do well in a medium to large collection, but would probably become stagnant in a small collection. Great game for parties or guests, though.

#399 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those that have/will have all three games - are you lining them up together chronologically or some other way?
I was thinking EATPM/SS/HOH but thought that HOH/EATPM/SS might work too.
(HH is moving to the other side of the room)[quoted image]

I originally had mine lined up left to right from oldest to newest, but found that made it more difficult to get to the power switch on EHOH (It was against the wall on the right, so I decided to mix it up & put EHOH in the middle..

IMG_0173 (resized).jpegIMG_0173 (resized).jpeg
#400 4 years ago
Quoted from Dnis:

I originally had mine lined up left to right from oldest to newest, but found that made it more difficult to get to the power switch on EHOH (It was against the wall on the right, so I decided to mix it up & put EHOH in the middle..[quoted image]

My games are on remote outlets so I don’t have to worry about the switch.

But your configuration is not one I had considered.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/8 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.