20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,976 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 360.
#301 4 years ago
Quoted from Tweety:

Spent some time on this pin last week, was really hoping to like it but I was very disappointed.
EATPM is a much better pin.

What didnt you like about it? I have not played it so i cant judge it. It looks fun.

#302 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

What didnt you like about it? I have not played it so i cant judge it. It looks fun.

I didn't like the "Fan" layout, and there was just too much waiting for the ball while watching a video clip.

#303 4 years ago
Quoted from Tweety:

I didn't like the "Fan" layout, and there was just too much waiting for the ball while watching a video clip.

Can't do anything about the fan layout, but you CAN blow off the videos with a double flip if you don't want to wait.

#304 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Can't do anything about the fan layout, but you CAN blow off the videos with a double flip if you don't want to wait.

Not watching the clip takes away the part of what to shoot for next, it's an important part of the game.

#305 4 years ago
Quoted from Tweety:

Not watching the clip takes away the part of what to shoot for next, it's an important part of the game.

That's why you watch the clips the first time, so you understand what to do. After that you skip them if you don't like to wait. If you practice this technique you will master it in time, and it will improve your enjoyment of many games. It's really not that difficult

#306 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

That's why you watch the clips the first time, so you understand what to do. After that you skip them if you don't like to wait. If you practice this technique you will master it in time, and it will improve your enjoyment of many games. It's really not that difficult

Some people are old school and dont want technology. They just want raw pinball fun. I personally after owning batman feel more immersed in the atmosphere. Besides i need a break gives me a minute to take a drink from my beer while the video plays

#307 4 years ago
Quoted from Tweety:

Spent some time on this pin last week, was really hoping to like it but I was very disappointed.

FYI -- this is the "Owner's Club". That means it's for people that own the game, or are buying one.
Posting negative comments like this as a non-owner should not be done in this thread.

#308 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

FYI -- this is the "Owner's Club". That means it's for people that own the game, or are buying one.
Posting negative comments like this as a non-owner should not be done in this thread.

So a discussion about a pin is negative? Interesting.

#309 4 years ago
Quoted from Tweety:

This is not a discussion thread. Go to one of the other Elvira threads for that. This is a club thread for owners and fans of the game.

All other discussion in this thread is off topic. Keep this thread on topic gang, ejections will issue otherwise. There are other Elvira threads, one with thousands of posts...go to that one with negativity and non-owner and non-fan issues. Thank you.

#310 4 years ago
Quoted from Tweety:

It’s not that you cannot discuss your opinion, but you don’t do that in the owners thread unless you own one. There are other threads for discussion, just not here. Owners threads are for owners to share and develop issues with their pin and discuss ownership issues.

#311 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

It’s not that you cannot discuss your opinion, but you don’t do that in the owners thread unless you own one. There are other threads for discussion, just not here. Owners threads are for owners to share and develop issues with their pin and discuss ownership issues.

Rules (resized).pngRules (resized).png

#312 4 years ago

Who has or is considering a playfield protector?

The shoot across the PF from the VUK isn’t as extreme as I thought it would be but it seems like a protector might be a prudent move.

#313 4 years ago

On the latest code, when the audio gets stuck on in attract mode you can stop it by starting a new game and then immediately canceling it (LB + Start if enabled).

I spent yesterday messing with the crypt adjustments and really couldn't find a setting that reliably closes the crypt that also doesn't cause it to have problems stopping on the skull. Between slop in the linkage and the current design of the position sensor I don't think there is going to be a solution unless Stern releases a hardware fix (linkage change or sensor change). I wonder if the tolerances in the design where intended to be tighter or the sensor board is out of spec.
This seems like the most likely mech that failed on the games at expo, unless it was the coil stops which I'll be keeping my eye on.

One thing others might try is adding a little grease to make the skull move easier, I found mine was sticking that made the mech move rougher, but in the end that didn't solve my problems with partial close. So for me it was a day of messing around w/o anything to show for it. :/

Overall I'm liking the game but really looking forward to more polished code. I'm looking forward to see what mods people come up with, I really want a set of the bone flippers which no one seems to have in stock

#314 4 years ago

Really where are the mods for this game, I haven’t even heard of any except an air ball protector. Where is Lermods and Mezel Mods and the Mod Couple etc.? We are waiting for you guys to make some magic.

#315 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Really where are the mods for this game, I aren’t even heard of any except an air ball protector. Where is Lermods and Mezel Mods and the Mod Couple etc.? We are waiting for you guys to make some magic.

Toys R Us doesn’t have any Elvira toys, so we don’t have people shoving random play-school junk all over their pin.

(Yes I know Toys R Us is out of business).

#316 4 years ago

Add some cool lights from Doug at speakerlightkits.com. Just adding a topper down the road at this point. Looks amazing with the new lights. Game is great. A ton of fun. With additional code it will get even better.

1D2C35C5-2301-4B43-97D4-89F2E995E7C6 (resized).jpeg1D2C35C5-2301-4B43-97D4-89F2E995E7C6 (resized).jpeg43664AD8-4623-4990-A849-C140D443574B (resized).jpeg43664AD8-4623-4990-A849-C140D443574B (resized).jpegCF24BCA1-64B5-4EB5-AE53-596FF07F83E2 (resized).jpegCF24BCA1-64B5-4EB5-AE53-596FF07F83E2 (resized).jpeg0B5B60EF-E1FB-4308-969D-E0F5D5290461 (resized).jpeg0B5B60EF-E1FB-4308-969D-E0F5D5290461 (resized).jpegD6EB74C0-8DCF-4A02-BE17-4DAB8B3FB5EF (resized).jpegD6EB74C0-8DCF-4A02-BE17-4DAB8B3FB5EF (resized).jpeg
#317 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

Really where are the mods for this game, I aren’t even heard of any except an air ball protector. Where is Lermods and Mezel Mods and the Mod Couple etc.? We are waiting for you guys to make some magic.

Stay tuned, we will have some. Modders typically don’t get LEs and instead buy the pro or premium versions. In my case, I also almost never offer mods if I don’t have the game as it’s not fair to the customer if I get fit or connection wrong. I should have my premium within a few weeks and then we will get started. Plenty of ideas to fill out the game.

#318 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Stay tuned, we will have some. Modders typically don’t get LEs and instead buy the pro or premium versions. In my case, I also almost never offer mods if I don’t have the game as it’s not fair to the customer if I get fit or connection wrong. I should have my premium within a few weeks and then we will get started. Plenty of ideas to fill out the game.

I was hoping to hear that, and I always mod the hell out of every one of my pins. This one has some great potential.

#319 4 years ago

Just back from Expo.

1D09B90A-833E-4326-8679-6EF16EE5F681 (resized).jpeg1D09B90A-833E-4326-8679-6EF16EE5F681 (resized).jpeg9B555A92-151E-4237-9358-5F66A3E050F0 (resized).jpeg9B555A92-151E-4237-9358-5F66A3E050F0 (resized).jpegB57F7BC0-C35E-4E3C-B4F9-9BD446D5F131 (resized).jpegB57F7BC0-C35E-4E3C-B4F9-9BD446D5F131 (resized).jpeg2C0258E4-C901-41E3-ACBB-A0BB41BF2B7B (resized).jpeg2C0258E4-C901-41E3-ACBB-A0BB41BF2B7B (resized).jpeg
#320 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Toys R Us doesn’t have any Elvira toys, so we don’t have people shoving random play-school junk all over their pin.
(Yes I know Toys R Us is out of business).

Hopefully it's not considered play-school junk, but I picked this up today and am hoping to somehow tie it into the LE I'm waiting on (worst case it sits beside it on and end table or something)
20191020_203047 (resized).jpg20191020_203047 (resized).jpg

20191020_203047 (resized).jpg20191020_203047 (resized).jpg
#321 4 years ago

Thoughts on the white wood? Do you miss or want the the WH2O ramp as well as the physical Wheel of Fate?

I am fine with both being scrapped. The ramp looks problematic and the wheel wouldn’t be able to be watched any more than the LCD version. Not only that you wouldn’t have the visual feedback on what you need to choose for the Manos mode.

Sorry for the double image, I can’t figure out how to remove one.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
56BB83B8-A9C9-41EE-B02A-74D010AE0BC0 (resized).jpeg56BB83B8-A9C9-41EE-B02A-74D010AE0BC0 (resized).jpeg

#322 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Thoughts on the white wood? Do you miss or want the the WH2O ramp as well as the physical Wheel of Fate?
I am fine with both being scrapped. The ramp looks problematic and the wheel wouldn’t be able to be watched any more than the LCD version. Not only that you wouldn’t have the visual feedback on what you need to choose for the Manos mode.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Losing the WWater ramp was a damn shame. Nothing problematic about it... in the original game in any case.

I never liked having to constantly wait on the wheel back in the day. I actually wanted to get back to playing...well, pinball. Rather than cool my heels and wait for that redemption-style toy to quit spinning.

#323 4 years ago

Had a new problem today. The truck lid got stuck in the half open position. It was badly misaligned because of loose hardware. I had to adjust the set screw and nut to get it working again.

#324 4 years ago

Looks like the prototype had a good bit more... left ramp diverter that sent ball around the house to the right flipper. Also looks to had inline drop targets like met? This along with the other stuff mentioned..

#325 4 years ago

Did you guys see these?

Elvira's House of Horrors - Hands 1 copy (resized).jpgElvira's House of Horrors - Hands 1 copy (resized).jpg

Elvira's House of Horrors - Hands 2 copy (resized).jpgElvira's House of Horrors - Hands 2 copy (resized).jpg

Elvira's House of Horrors 1 copy (resized).jpgElvira's House of Horrors 1 copy (resized).jpg

Elvira's House of Horrors 2 copy (resized).jpgElvira's House of Horrors 2 copy (resized).jpg

Elvira's House of Horrors - Movies 1 copy (resized).jpgElvira's House of Horrors - Movies 1 copy (resized).jpg

Elvira's House of Horrors - Movies 2 copy (resized).jpgElvira's House of Horrors - Movies 2 copy (resized).jpg

#326 4 years ago
Quoted from Tweety:

Sorry, you feel that way. Hopefully when the code is finished you'll give it another go.

One thing though is EATPM is an amazing game. Yes, its a late solid state game with alpha numeric displays. Yes, the sound callouts and quality is very limited by today's standards. But, everything that EATPM has is choice. And what a pinball machine Party Monsters is. Its a simple two ramp fan layout, but it shoots smooth and is really just so much fun to do so. And I love the ruleset. Super simple and easy to understand rules, yet they really are elegant. So I mean... At least you're comparing it to an all time classic game. Shallow or not, a great game is still and a great game and EATPM is a great game.
And I think that Elvira 3 will get there. Give it time. Its a bit of a different world now where nothing ships with completed code. Not even triple A video games with blockbuster movie sized budgets. And lets be honest. Pinball has peanut sized budgets compared to those video games.

#327 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

I think the WH20 ramp would be quite cool, and as I said before the ramps in Elvira 3 are kinda boring. They're plain jane, but they are super smooth and super fast, so they do feel good to shoot, but again a bit boring... So having one unique style ramp would be cool. But, one thing I will say. Having the ramps as they are, and them being clear, you can see basically all the playfield(pop area is only really obstructed area... and its pops) without obstruction. So that is nice.

As for the hand of fate wheel. No doubt that wheel would have looked amazing. But, I kind of am glad its not there. It would have been one more thing to keep working that would break. And we really do need some function for the LCD. So I think that was a change overall for the better. Just my thoughts on that one. I do hope they do change some of the rules with the hand of fate though. As really there is no good strat to get to complete it.
When in MB with the ball save timer any ball that falls down that lane does not trigger the hand of fate. You need to be out of ball save timer for it to do so... I wish they change that rule. Because, as it is now. You might have to wait for ball save to end. While trapped up and then try to shoot the outlane with one of your free balls. Get it... Then Go back to shooting for jackpots.

#328 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

As for the hand of fate wheel. No doubt that wheel would have looked amazing. But, I kind of am glad its not there. It would have been one more thing to keep working that would break. And we really do need some function for the LCD. So I think that was a change overall for the better. Just my thoughts on that one. I do hope they do change some of the rules with the hand of fate though. As really there is no good strat to get to complete it.
When in MB with the ball save timer any ball that falls down that lane does not trigger the hand of fate. You need to be out of ball save timer for it to do so... I wish they change that rule. Because, as it is now. You might have to wait for ball save to end. While trapped up and then try to shoot the outlane with one of your free balls. Get it... Then Go back to shooting for jackpots.

How can you try to "shoot the outlane"? This doesn't seem possible.
If the ball is already bouncing near the left outlane you could nudge to purposely loose the ball.

#329 4 years ago

Anyone else notice this modesty version of the backglass from the Expo presentation? Wonder if that's a decal or an alternate translite?
EHOH Modesty (resized).pngEHOH Modesty (resized).png

Edit: Found out it was an alternate translite version...

#330 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

How can you try to "shoot the outlane"? This doesn't seem possible.
If the ball is already bouncing near the left outlane you could nudge to purposely loose the ball.

You could try to shatz the inlane and then nudge it to go out if you get a really smooth hit on it... Just saying. I like the hand of fate feature. But, it only gets triggered one way. And to complete it you'd need a whole bunch of extra balls and all your shots to drain from there. This is something that most people probably won't ever achieve and its something that you'd need to work for most likely.

Which is fine. I do like the ball save option on the hand of fate. But, you only get it one time. So use wisely.

#331 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

You could try to shatz the inlane and then nudge it to go out if you get a really smooth hit on it... Just saying. I like the hand of fate feature. But, it only gets triggered one way. And to complete it you'd need a whole bunch of extra balls and all your shots to drain from there. This is something that most people probably won't ever achieve and its something that you'd need to work for most likely.
Which is fine. I do like the ball save option on the hand of fate. But, you only get it one time. So use wisely.

The hand of fate is one of my favorite features. Its awesome in multiball and a huge rush to hit the extender. Has anyone completed the entire wheel yet?

#332 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

The hand of fate is one of my favorite features. Its awesome in multiball and a huge rush to hit the extender. Has anyone completed the entire wheel yet?

I was one ball away then they went down the right outlane.

#333 4 years ago

Alrighty, got LE #266 home today.

I have to admit the overall quality of Stern games is excellent. Last new machine I got from Stern was Deadpool which I've been very happy with and Elvira has been the same out of the box. When it came to moving it around, it's a lighter machine than some of the other more recent machines I've moved. I didn't break my back with it like I did moving JJPOTC or my P3. I've also come to accept the newer Stern backbox and lock down bar mechanisms, they are starting to feel "normal" to me.

Had an issue with one of the gargoils being set too tight and would popup but not slide down consistently. Small adjustment on the screw and it has been good so far. Also had to adjust the action button leaf, not too sure why, but I must have moved it a bit when setting up the game. Didn't take 10 seconds to get it all done.

The .84 firmware took a little bit to get going since I had to find a USB stick that it liked. Standard issue on all manufacturers games lately with the zillions of USB sticks out there. Update went fine, but I did have one game "go wonky" on me where it couldn't find one of the locked balls and all of a sudden the right flipper appeared to be cycling through a light test of some sort. Rebooted and have not experienced since. On .83 I was getting node board errors on the service menu, which have not appeared on .84 since the updates.

- Light issue was me enabling Photo Shoot, when that isn't intended for game use
- Node board errors occur when coin door open (as described earlier in thread)

The cabinet build is excellent, artwork is excellent, colors look great and it has a good presence in the room.

I don't know what I was expecting for playfield layout, but it is impressive. I can see this being a good route game, lots of bells and whistles going off even when you have no clue what you're doing, yet due to what feels like a larger gap between the flippers or maybe overall layout, ball times are fast for novice players.
That said, unlike Starwars, I have not been pissed off at the short ball times. Something on SW is just plain wrong, where many people who were drawn to it gave up quickly due to the annoying drains, Elvira doesn't have the same issue in my opinion. Thank goodness. I've managed to have several lengthy games so far and have been impressed that there are several longer goals to reach for to challenge strong players.

The graphics and sound is great. It is a perfect game for a Halloween party!
I had just finished watching Night of the Living Dead Elvira episode last night and the overall pin theme and the movie clip integration really does hit the mark. The custom video with Elvira is better than many of her actual show clips, I hope there is more to come.

I am most impressed with the lighting. Outlines of people in one of the windows turning off / on, the back lit lock numbers, lighting on the ramp, crypt, moon, etc. all feels high quality. There is a lot of room for improvement yet and I really hope the attract mode is enhanced in the next update.

The ramps are noticeably smooth and I've yet to experience the air balls folks are talking about.

Only things I can make small complaints on come down to design philosophy. I like the JJP playfield toy details more than Stern. Elvira gets closer to that than the last few pins from them, but printed plastics don't do it for me as much custom molds. The counter point to this would be that the investment in custom video and graphics out does anything I've seen from JJP to date. This machine is a mod heaven for people who want to fancy it up, this pin needs a smoke mod.

#334 4 years ago

What is Feature Adjustment 92# - Photo Shoot for?

I enabled it, which appears to use the right button to cycle some to all the lights on during the game or the attract mode.

Is it safe to assume it’s for making things light up when doing a photo shoot?

It’s pretty annoying as a feature when playing the game, so I hope it’s for a photo shoot.

#335 4 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

I enabled it, which appears to use the right button to cycle some to all the lights on during the game or the attract mode.
It’s pretty annoying as a feature when playing the game, so I hope it’s for a photo shoot.

It is for a photo shoot. You should leave it off for playing.

#336 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Anyone else notice this modesty version of the backglass from the Expo presentation? Wonder if that's a decal or an alternate translite?
[quoted image]
Edit: Found out it was an alternate translite version...

its available as an option when you buy the game?

#337 4 years ago
Quoted from _xizor:

It is so you can take photos of the playfield while playing the game and/or the game is in attract mode. Once you have all the photos you want, turn it back off.

#338 4 years ago
Quoted from Bearcat:

its available as an option when you buy the game?

I believe it was just a test. They *might* have decals available in the future to achieve the same effect.

#339 4 years ago

Is anyone having problems with the house not holding the ball? Sometimes it spits it out into the pop bumpers right away while Elvira is talking and the play field is dark.

#340 4 years ago
Quoted from DerezzedKnight:

Is anyone having problems with the house not holding the ball? Sometimes it spits it out into the pop bumpers right away while Elvira is talking and the play field is dark.

It might be an issue with the diverter behind the house. Run the diverter test and make sure it’s seeing the switches that detect the open and closed positions. Mine did the same thing and the open switch wasn’t registering. I did a small adjustment to the leaf switch and the issue was resolved.

#341 4 years ago

Funko mini great for the game.

C61CD0D7-78BF-4CE7-A44D-49C377E2381D (resized).jpegC61CD0D7-78BF-4CE7-A44D-49C377E2381D (resized).jpeg
#342 4 years ago

Any LE owners have one on location in the Denver area?

#343 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Dialed vending “Ffej” is getting a premium. Not sure about DNO.

#344 4 years ago
Quoted from Lethal_Inc:

Never understood putting LEs on location other than to be “first”. As an LE buyer, I’d never want one that had been routed.

But if there’s one on location in the Denver area, I’ll come play it to support the operator while I wait for mine.

#345 4 years ago

Really liking this game , looking forward to all the mods !

DD33FE48-8CE1-44AF-8CAD-9E4D6A1FB0C3 (resized).jpegDD33FE48-8CE1-44AF-8CAD-9E4D6A1FB0C3 (resized).jpeg
#346 4 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Did you guys see these?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Love that last pair of side blades! Since in EHoH, Elvira is being "haunted" by the bad movies, it kinda makes sense for the movie posters to be flying around on the sides. The middle set of blades is a bit too dark, and darkly-themed, for my taste on this pin, and the first pair are an okay repeat of the cabinet art.

So yeah, loving that last set of pin blades. Will definitely be getting those whenever I finally get my Elvira 3.

#347 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Love that last pair of side blades! Since in EHoH, Elvira is being "haunted" by the bad movies, it kinda makes sense for the movie posters to be flying around on the sides.

And those are actually the movies from her show. Probably 99% of them suck but their poster art are just awesome

#348 4 years ago

An observation and question, should the "Trunk" callouts correspond with what displays on screen along with the playfield inserts...mine don't. I would hear "Atomic Ray Gun" with an image on the screen of Elvira's dagger or the key...I would think they would all corespond/agree.

#349 4 years ago

#396 is set up and playing great. Love the look and play so far. Haven't upgraded to .84 yet as it was taking hours to download and I finally had to go to bed.

#350 4 years ago

Hey owners - now that we have all had some time to play our new games make sure you rate it here on Pinside. It would be nice to see where it falls on the top 100 list. We only need a few more reviews to be officially ranked.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
10,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Wentzville, MO
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 17,976 posts in this topic. You are on page 7 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/7?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.