IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 362.
#3901 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I am firmly convinced that you should only buy a Stern game if you are ok with the code as it is at the time of purchase. I will only make an exception for a Lyman game. Wasn’t disappointed with Batman and certainly not with Elvira. There’s a reason many say “In Lyman We Trust”.
Not sure I’ll ever buy another NIB game (no space) but if Lyman isn’t on the code I’m not going to be buying early (which probably excludes an LE).

Literally the only reason I ever buy a Stern. I used to only buy Keith Johnson JJP games too, but since they basically abandoned POTC I’m a man without a country. Oh, and I have a Houdini too !! Joke’s on me. Thank goodness I spent thousands of dollars on EHOH. At least that has updates’

#3902 3 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

I have some questions on the VUK kickout issues.
I made some adjustments to the VUK. I moved it a few of times now and have one screw with a washer holding it down like previously pictured. It's pretty solid.
I'm getting about 60% of the ejected balls hitting the targets, about 10% above the targets, and remainder are weak and go towards the left outhole.
Not sure what else to do and don't want to commit to screwing the mech permanently down yet. Does this sound acceptable or should they always be strong target shots?
Any recommendations?

Look down in vuk from the top and see if the post that kicks the ball out is off center. Move it until it looks centered better any try it.

20200611_203747 (resized).jpg20200611_203747 (resized).jpg
#3903 3 years ago

Random question for those of you who have upgraded to Flipper Fidelity on your premiums. I see two Spike 2 kits for lcd games with 8” woofers. One says “coax” for around 80 bucks and other says high output woofer for 130. I don’t want to annoy my neighbors too much so I assume I am safe to go with the coax version? It does not list Elvira as a compatible pin but I think that is probably an oversight. I sent them an email and left a voicemail but did not get a reply yet. No idea how Covid has effected their reply speed but figured you folks could answer. Anyone order recently?

https://flipperfidelity.com/stern-lcd-spike-2-speaker-system-with-8-coax/

#3904 3 years ago

I encourage all of you that have submitted ratings for this pin to consider re-evaluating your rating in view of the code development which continues to get better and better all the time. IMHO this pin should be rated higher than currently is.

#3905 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I encourage all of you that have submitted ratings for this pin to consider re-evaluating your rating in view of the code development which continues to get better and better all the time. IMHO this pin should be rated higher than currently is.

I can’t agree more and did that a week or so ago. I first played it and reviewed it earlier on, but had to make some edits. It’s a different pin now.

#3906 3 years ago

waiting for 1.0 then giving this bad girl the 10/10 she deserves. if this isn't a 10/10, what is? if you don't agree you should see the foiled out Signature Edition...

#3907 3 years ago

waiting for 1.0 then giving this bad girl the 10/10 she deserves! if she isn't a 10/10 what is?

#3908 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

waiting for 1.0 then giving this bad girl the 10/10 she deserves. if this isn't a 10/10, what is? if you don't agree you should see the foiled out Signature Edition...

I agree. I know everyone has their personal preferences, but, for me, the true test of a pins greatness is how broad of audience does it appeal to? This is the first pin where my entire family loves playing it. Me (46), girlfriend (39), son (15) and daughter (10). It accomplishes that broad appeal through a theme that doesn’t appeal to many. I think that says a lot in terms of gameplay and, most importantly, fun factor.

#3909 3 years ago

Got a shipment from Pinballlife yesterday (besides getting a set of silicone bands in the wrong color) everything looks great.

Got the cup holder and their Revision C shaker motor installed , totally painless installs.
I've Never tried a table with one before and its awesome..its rumble effects when they match the events are really cool(like hitting crypt heads, etc), not sure how it compares to other games implementations.
The Caster cups are great really solid on the hardwood floors now.

Also this is about the best I can match the score colors to the pre-rendered texts on the main display.
overall I like it..the colors feel more harmonious (I also bought some red flipper bats and green bands I'll need to install at some point).

it looks like in the .97 code the Junk Potion item effect is adding a 50k bonus to your jackpots .. its hard to see the pop up because the Haunt reel overlaps it, I haven't had a chance to see if things like 2x or 4x increase the value but seems like a nice little scoring boost when doing multi ball.

Does anyone have any ideas what the Dagger is going to do?

IMG_7360 (resized).JPGIMG_7360 (resized).JPG
#3910 3 years ago

Thanks to those that helped me through flashing a new SD card. I got the game going last night and finally played the .97 code. Its a huge polish on the game. If Lyman quite now I would still think this is his best game to date. Its amazing that there is still more to come! Im not a great player by any means and Im tired of reading how everyone "got gappa angry last night . . . " The outlanes on this game are pretty brutal to me. I see that have holes to adjust them inward but still, that small steel post doesnt seem like much. I decided to take them out entirely and replace them with some purple williams posts. There is still plenty of room for the ball to drain in the outlane but now when its headed that way I have a bit more of a chance to nudge it. I only played one game but hoping to get gappa angry sometime soon.

ev post 1 (resized).jpgev post 1 (resized).jpgev post 2 (resized).jpgev post 2 (resized).jpg
#3911 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

it looks like in the .97 code the Junk Potion item effect is adding a 50k bonus to your jackpots ..

If you start trunk MB with the flask collected you can collect more flasks and each one increases that jackpot bonus. I had that bonus jackpot value built up to 350k extra per jackpot shot.

#3912 3 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

If you start trunk MB with the flask collected you can collect more flasks and each one increases that jackpot bonus. I had that bonus jackpot value built up to 350k extra per jackpot shot.

Yeah I noticed that as well, you can collect multiple quantities of all the junk items.

#3913 3 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Thank You!Thats really cool and that makes sense why there is a number on the junk items on the LCD display!

#3914 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Thanks to those that helped me through flashing a new SD card. I got the game going last night and finally played the .97 code. Its a huge polish on the game. If Lyman quite now I would still think this is his best game to date. Its amazing that there is still more to come! Im not a great player by any means and Im tired of reading how everyone "got gappa angry last night . . . " The outlanes on this game are pretty brutal to me. I see that have holes to adjust them inward but still, that small steel post doesnt seem like much. I decided to take them out entirely and replace them with some purple williams posts. There is still plenty of room for the ball to drain in the outlane but now when its headed that way I have a bit more of a chance to nudge it. I only played one game but hoping to get gappa angry sometime soon.
[quoted image][quoted image]

so after watching the latest deadflip stream of Elvira .97 i decided to try setting the table pitch so the stern bubble is in middle of the top line not between the two lines..which is roughly 7degrees.. Its faster and way less floaty..i find my outlanes have dropped alot since changing the pitch..just doesn't float out as much and well timed nudges seem better at getting them out of there.
Might want to try that too and how it feels. I do find multiball is abit harder tho, everything else feels smoother and abit faster

#3915 3 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

if this isn't a 10/10, what is?

Medieval Madness Royal Edition

#3916 3 years ago

I believe they broke the Trailer Trash mode in v0.97. I noticed that if you start a mode then start a multiball during the mode, Trailer Trash isn't available when you complete the mode while the multiball is still running ... I either missed this in the release notes or it an undocumented feature. Any one else notice this?

#3917 3 years ago

I've noticed an interesting bug after installing v0.97 and am wondering if anyone else has seen this; occasionally and infrequently after finishing a game and attempting to start a new game the machine doesn't do anything at all when you press the start button...then after about a minute, the game resets and then continues to operate just fine. Anyone else run into this?

#3918 3 years ago

There are a lot of fanfare events that might superceded it, are you sure it didn't get run over by a few other things? Two balls up the center ramp can get ready pretty fast.

#3919 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

There are a lot of fanfare events that might superceded it, are you sure it didn't get run over by a few other things? Two balls up the center ramp can get ready pretty fast.

Thanks for replying, I was actually thinking this as well the first time it happened, after that I was looking for it and can confirm it happened with no additional shots into the house.

#3920 3 years ago

Hello gang just join the club today. Purchase a new premium from automated services in Connecticut.

Built date was November of 2019. Had the old code on it. It played fine with the old code. Updated to 0.97. At first it didn't recognize the node boards. I power cycled and reseated the cat5 cables.

Then it booted up just fine. Started the game and then all sudden the steps to the house started going up and down and would not stop. Power cycle the game. Now soon as you turn the power on the step motor comes on right away and the back door motor. It continuously runs. Has anybody else had this problem?

Thanks.

#3921 3 years ago

Have you shut the coin door? I know that will cause there node boards not found error. Those other motors might be running for ball search but none of the coils since the door is open.

#3922 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Hello gang just join the club today. Purchase a new premium from automated services in Connecticut.
Built date was November of 2019. Had the old code on it. It played fine with the old code. Updated to 0.97. At first it didn't recognize the node boards. I power cycled and reseated the cat5 cables.
Then it booted up just fine. Started the game and then all sudden the steps to the house started going up and down and would not stop. Power cycle the game. Now soon as you turn the power on the step motor comes on right away and the back door motor. It continuously runs. Has anybody else had this problem?
Thanks.

Could be misaligned optos in the house. Game thinks there is a ball in there. Go into Switch test Mode and see what’s active.

#3923 3 years ago

Why would the back door diverter motor, and the stair motor both be running at the same time? One thing I left out also. When I was playing the game before this happened, it went dead. It said that my coin door was open. But it wasn't. I opened it , and shut the door and the game came back on and then that's when both motors started activating constantly.

#3924 3 years ago

Update now the pin won't even boot up when I tried to put in the test mode. Just those two motors just continuously run.

#3925 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Update now the pin won't even boot up when I tried to put in the test mode. Just those two motors just continuously run.

If it won’t boot, that sounds like a bad sd card. If it says coin door open, you’ve got a loose cable somewhere killing 48v or an issue with the Interlock switch at the coindoor, but the motors should not be running. Make sure no cables are unhooked and then I’d unplug the connectors on the cpu and reseat them.

#3926 3 years ago

if you have the coin door open and pull the interlock switch out to its bypass position...does it boot up properly?

#3927 3 years ago

No. Now it's not booting at all. Thanks for the advice guys. I'm burned out for tonight. I will tackle it tomorrow morning. Seems like the update took out my pin.

#3928 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

No. Now it's not booting at all. Thanks for the advice guys. I'm burned out for tonight. I will tackle it tomorrow morning. Seems like the update took out my pin.

You're likely ok. My guess is your update was corrupt or you have a bad spot on your SD card. Did your computer go to sleep when it was downloading the file or were you steaming something while downloading? Both can easily corrupt a zip file. Reformat the SD card and do the SD image thing. I bet it will take care of all your problems.

#3929 3 years ago
Quoted from teddyb73:

Updated to 0.97. At first it didn't recognize the node boards.

ALWAYS have the coin door closed (or interlock switch pulled out) when rebooting the machine for the first time after an update.

Quoted from teddyb73:

I would reflash your SD card with the latest image.

#3930 3 years ago

Maybe try reinstalling the update first (if it will get that far) then give the SD card a go. I'd bet one or the other will do it.

#3931 3 years ago

Cup holders on machines are cool .......IF YOU LIKE CRAP.

#3932 3 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Cup holders on machines are cool .......IF YOU LIKE CRAP.

Disagree. It gives my guests a place to put their drinks instead of placing them on the game, which is common for non-pinball folk to do.

#3933 3 years ago

Finally broke 100 mill last night. Still no gappa but I love this game. Gotta hand it to Elvira. Somehow she has managed to be the theme of 3 classic and great games.

#3934 3 years ago

I just applied for premium membership, hopefully it will be delivered during the week so I can officially be let in.

#3935 3 years ago

Back in!! I let my #19 go to a friend, much too soon and regretted it ever since..

Set up an almost brand spanking new LE wit 280 games on it , and loving the updated code

There’s a pf protector on it, doesn’t play like I remember, and the scores are way up , is this normal, updates tipped the scores into billions?

Or is this a switch issue I’ve read about , causing huge scores ?

FF5B6337-3AD7-45D7-BDB2-9DC519964EFD (resized).jpegFF5B6337-3AD7-45D7-BDB2-9DC519964EFD (resized).jpeg
#3936 3 years ago

Welcome back!

Yeah, scores should be nowhere near that high. You've definitely got a switch/opto issue.

#3937 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

I just applied for premium membership, hopefully it will be delivered during the week so I can officially be let in.

Congratulations, it really is a fun game to play, which is why part of me wants to buy this game as it really is fun to play; however, the more logical part of me continually refers the design and engineering of this machine and compares it to that of a Twilight Zone ... and for the same money I just cant pull the trigger no matter how much I want to.

#3938 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Yeah, scores should be nowhere near that high. You've definitely got a switch/opto issue.

My scores are that high...

...In my dreams

EDIT: changed sores to scores...one letter does make a difference

#3939 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

My sores are that high...
...In my dreams

Wow, man, sorry to hear it. Maybe there’s an ointment ?

#3940 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Wow, man, sorry to hear it. Maybe there’s an ointment ?

HA! damn typos

#3941 3 years ago

How have the Elvira playfields been, are they victim to the recent troubles that other Stern titles has had with clear coat chipping and the artwork lifting in the last year or so?

#3942 3 years ago

How have the Elvira playfields been, are they victim to the recent troubles that other Stern titles has had with clear coat chipping and the artwork lifting in the last year or so?

I’ve been very mindful of the recent playfield issues. I’ve had a lot of “air balls” during play and my playfield still looks great. I’ve taken the glass off and inspected the playfield and do not have any craters. So far so good....

#3943 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’ve been very mindful of the recent playfield issues. I’ve had a lot of “air balls” during play and my playfield still looks great. I’ve taken the glass off and inspected the playfield and do not have any craters. So far so good....

Awesome that's great to hear, what is the cause of your air balls?

#3944 3 years ago

Awesome that's great to hear, what is the cause of your air balls?

They just happen. I notice them on the left ramp. I guess I don’t have a clear explanation, but they happen.

#3945 3 years ago

We have a LE. So far no clearcoat chipping, pooling ribbing or lifting. We do have a few crazed inserts (from new). A friend of ours has a premium and his is good too.

Be mindful, the clearcoat is very thin, reminds me of old BWs.

Stern have taken on playfield production themselves. I think it will take them a while to get it right, we need to keep managing back all the issues to Stern. I listen to all the BS explanations about the bad quality playfields and why we have to accept the low quality. Pre 2016 Stern had hardly any playfield issues. All the issues started after that when Stern parted ways with their external playfield manufacturer.

#3946 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

I believe they broke the Trailer Trash mode in v0.97. I noticed that if you start a mode then start a multiball during the mode, Trailer Trash isn't available when you complete the mode while the multiball is still running ... I either missed this in the release notes or it an undocumented feature. Any one else notice this?

For what it's worth, I finished Manos today with wild women multiball running. I started trailer trash and finished it while the multiball was still going.

#3947 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Disagree. It gives my guests a place to put their drinks instead of placing them on the game, which is common for non-pinball folk to do.

Agree, cup holders come in handy...however, I have learned that in the future to only get the Left sided cup holders...I can't tell you how many times I have rammed my fingers into the cup holder reaching down to turn off my machines...Obviously with the newer Sterns that really isn't an issue given the switch up on the head.

#3948 3 years ago

This is so maddening - I worked on my crypt vuk a few months ago, and had it working perfectly. It was even consistent to the point that I could adjust the power to determine which switch the ball would hit. I was adding a light to the crypt today, and I must have bumped the lower crypt vuk and knocked it out of alignment, because it's all over the place now. I wouldn't mind except in .97 I have to hit the moving target to get rid of the dead head. So, does the code allow me to turn this feature off, or change the number of times I have to go into the crypt to eliminate the dead head? I've looked at the adjustments, and can't find it. I could just be having a senior moment when i look, or is it not possible to change?

#3949 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We have a LE. So far no clearcoat chipping, pooling ribbing or lifting. We do have a few crazed inserts (from new). A friend of ours has a premium and his is good too.
Be mindful, the clearcoat is very thin, reminds me of old BWs.
Stern have taken on playfield production themselves. I think it will take them a while to get it right, we need to keep managing back all the issues to Stern. I listen to all the BS explanations about the bad quality playfields and why we have to accept the low quality. Pre 2016 Stern had hardly any playfield issues. All the issues started after that when Stern parted ways with their external playfield manufacturer.

This is what I noticed the most right away. The clearcoat seems to be extremely thin. The plus side of this seems to be dimples are much less prominent and no issues with pooling and chipping clear. The negative is it doesn’t have that “glass” like sheen that a great clearcoat gives.

#3950 3 years ago
Quoted from dgilmore80:

This is so maddening - I worked on my crypt vuk a few months ago, and had it working perfectly. It was even consistent to the point that I could adjust the power to determine which switch the ball would hit. I was adding a light to the crypt today, and I must have bumped the lower crypt vuk and knocked it out of alignment, because it's all over the place now. I wouldn't mind except in .97 I have to hit the moving target to get rid of the dead head. So, does the code allow me to turn this feature off, or change the number of times I have to go into the crypt to eliminate the dead head? I've looked at the adjustments, and can't find it. I could just be having a senior moment when i look, or is it not possible to change?

Game feature adjustment #49 I think. It's default is 2 then the 3rd time completes it whether you hit the targets or not. You can turn it down to 1 then the 2nd would complete it, but I don't think you can turn it off. I could be wrong though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/79?hl=legui and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.