20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,976 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 360.
#3851 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Question on the Stern side armor for EHOH, the one with the spider web. Are these powder coated?

They’re powdercoated in crinkle black, the same as the rest of the Premium trim.

#3852 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Is she 68 in those video clips Geez that is the best damn cleavage for a 68 year old i have seen. You people need to lighten up seriously.

Met her in Salem, Massachusetts for Halloween last year. Either she is an immortal demon, or she has the best plastic surgeon ever. And the most accommodating, patient human I think I’ve ever met.

#3853 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

New batch of crypt signs ready to go....
[quoted image]

These are SO awesome I almost want to buy a second set. How about some lights? Haha

#3854 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

These are SO awesome I almost want to buy a second set. How about some lights? Haha

Thanks very much! We offer a spotlight option that mimics the flasher inside the crypt so the front of the sign lights up when the crypt flasher is active.

#3855 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Thanks very much! We offer a spotlight option that mimics the flasher inside the crypt so the front of the sign lights up when the crypt flasher is active.

Dang it! All right fine

#3856 3 years ago

I’m picking up an Elvira House of Horrors on Monday. Super excited by the way. Are there any must have mods? Thanks in advance!

#3857 3 years ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

New Elvira owner here. Was correcting the VUK on my machine with the Stern fix (which seems to be working well now) and found these three small loose screws laying in the very back of the cabinet. One fell out as I was lowering the playfield to test the VUK. It was late and I didn't have a chance to try to see where they came from, but I assume it's somewhere near the house/back of the game. Any ideas or thoughts as to where to focus when I get back home?
[quoted image]

My diverter stopped working. One of the bottom screws has fallen out twice. Going to use loctite. Thought there were only 2 screws holding it in place though

#3858 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

My diverter stopped working. One of the bottom screws has fallen out twice. Going to use loctite. Thought there were only 2 screws holding it in place though

I have to check the diverter on my game too. It's not consistently diverting balls and seems to be getting worse.

Does yours clank when the ball hits it?

Rob

#3859 3 years ago

Dang, this game is possessed tonight! Won't do ANYTHING but DRAIN! When Elvira doesn't wanna be played with, I guess she lets you know!

#3860 3 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Dang, this game is possessed tonight! Won't do ANYTHING but DRAIN! When Elvira doesn't wanna be played with, I guess she lets you know!

Haha, I hear ya. It looks a pretty easy game but is very brutal at times. I just have to turn her off and stare at the boobies for a while to calm me down

#3861 3 years ago

Has anyone heard any rumors about a topper?

#3862 3 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

The motor has two screws, the frame it attaches to has 4. When I first put The missing screws back and tested the mech, it would not move out of the down position. I had to actually loosen up the whole mech just a bit to free it up enough so it wasn’t bound up. Keeping an eye on it.

#3863 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

I’m picking up an Elvira House of Horrors on Monday. Super excited by the way. Are there any must have mods? Thanks in advance!

I think the medisynl mods stuff is cool, especially the parts that go over the scoop area:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods/page/6

#3864 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

IMO shaker & subwoofer are amazing in this game.

#3865 3 years ago
Quoted from Krupps4:

Has anyone heard any rumors about a topper?

This is all we have so far.

Elvira Topper (resized).pngElvira Topper (resized).png
#3866 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I have to check the diverter on my game too. It's not consistently diverting balls and seems to be getting worse.
Does yours clank when the ball hits it?
Rob

It was more ball rejects. The diverter falls down and blocks the ball path when a screw falls out and it swings down

#3867 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

This is all we have so far.[quoted image]

The game has so many cool mechanical interactions with the ball so it would be nice if the topper was animated in some way. However looking at the pic it's not really obvious what it could do. Some were thinking the middle portion might flip back to reveal something. An interactive dead head would be cool but the middle section doesn't look thick enough to contain an animatronic head or skull face. The gargoyles might jump up but again the base doesn't look thick enough to hold much mechanically. I hope it doesn't end up being just a couple of flashing lights.

#3868 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

This is all we have so far.[quoted image]

….ZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#3869 3 years ago

Anyone elses crypt going crazy with code update? Mine wont stop cycling through open shut skull, etc.

#3870 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Anyone elses crypt going crazy with code update? Mine wont stop cycling through open shut skull, etc.

Ill bet the screw that holds the motor control loose, that's what was wrong with mine

#3871 3 years ago

Is there a video online that explains the rules of the game? I’ve been playing the game and loving it but confused by a few things. Just trying to find a tutorial!

#3872 3 years ago
Quoted from jeffgoldstein2:

Is there a video online that explains the rules of the game? I’ve been playing the game and loving it but confused by a few things. Just trying to find a tutorial!

Good question, I dont recall any specific video, but search Pride Pinball

Quoted from simpswho:

Ill bet the screw that holds the motor control loose, that's what was wrong with mine

Thanks, ill check

#3873 3 years ago
Quoted from simpswho:

Not all heros wear capes. Thank you! Easy fix

#3874 3 years ago

Tiltforums usually has good rule sheets

#3875 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Good question, I dont recall any specific video, but search Pride Pinball

Thanks for the mention!

I haven't done a full tutorial since stuff is still being added, but do have tutorials and highlight videos on my YouTube page (PridePinball). The next time I stream, I'll do an updated tutorial.

#3876 3 years ago

Sigh... I think I'm cursed! A few months back Node board 10 for the turntable on my Batman66 crapped out. Finally received a replacement board from Stern as the game was just under a year old. Today it seems my Elvira needs a new CPU. When I turned the game on nothing happened. It is getting power but nothing fires up. I compared the flashing LED indicators behind the translites on my Batman and Elvira and whereas the status LED on Batman keeps blinking, the same light on Elvira initially blinked twice and then nothing. I've had Elvira less than two months. Anyone else experience these issues? Frustration setting in.... grrrrrr....

#3877 3 years ago
Quoted from AncasterStan:

Sigh... I think I'm cursed! A few months back Node board 10 for the turntable on my Batman66 crapped out. Finally received a replacement board from Stern as the game was just under a year old. Today it seems my Elvira needs a new CPU. When I turned the game on nothing happened. It is getting power but nothing fires up. I compared the flashing LED indicators behind the translites on my Batman and Elvira and whereas the status LED on Batman keeps blinking, the same light on Elvira initially blinked twice and then nothing. I've had Elvira less than two months. Anyone else experience these issues? Frustration setting in.... grrrrrr....

Chances are it is the SD card. You can download the whole SD card image from Stern website and reload it on the current card, or replace it with a new one. There's instructions on the Stern site for how to do that.

https://sternpinball.com/support/sd-cards/

If you don't have an SD card reader, they are very inexpensive. You could even try just reseating the SD card and see if that helps.

Rob

#3878 3 years ago

just try popping the SDcard out and back in. If that doesn't work make a new one. Having a SD Card reader and a couple of spare cards is worth it.

#3879 3 years ago

Seriously not sure why stern do not get better SD cards this is a joke the amount that have stuffed up.

#3880 3 years ago
Quoted from AncasterStan:

Mine had this issue, stern sent a new SD card but while waiting I went out and bought a card reader and installed the game file on if, fixed the problem right away! There is a special program you need to write the code onto the card, instructions are over at Sterns website.

#3881 3 years ago

So how’s the new .97 code? My game is packed up as we are expanding the house. Only TZ still stands..

#3882 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

During House Party, the turret will turn when a super jackpot is lit. Collect the super while the eyeball is facing you will add-a-ball once.
During Attic Attack Multiball, there are super jackpots associated with each side of the turret.

It saved on mine. Correction: it didn't change until I rebooted the game.
I love this type of customization![quoted image]

Damn was hoping it would be different haunts. Game is already packed though so can't complain. Hoping to pick one up this fall.

#3883 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Damn was hoping it would be different haunts. Game is already packed though so can't complain. Hoping to pick one up this fall.

I do think there are a couple left. Maybe they will be the ones you have to unlock - but I don't think Eeegah! is in the game yet, nor the Wasp Woman. Nor Don't Go Down in the Basement.

#3884 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I do think there are a couple left. Maybe they will be the ones you have to unlock - but I don't think Eeegah! is in the game yet, nor the Wasp Woman. Nor Don't Go Down in the Basement.

Excited to see how the game shapes up. Unfortunately due to covid I have not been to my friend's place to play this since probably march. I try to read the change log but end up getting lost reading it because of how massive it is. That is a good thing though.

#3885 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Yes my game is going crazy with the code update.The shaker motor seems to make all the switches hit and it just adds up a ton of points :{

#3886 3 years ago

Does anybody else find it odd TMNT released new code today? It jumped all the way to release 1.04. That seemed like a big jump. Us EHOH fans are being treated to new code monthly while Turtle fans just got a wet blanket thrown on thier code parade.

#3887 3 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

Yes my game is going crazy with the code update.The shaker motor seems to make all the switches hit and it just adds up a ton of points :{

I have intermittent problems with the right ramp opto and have not pulled the game to adjust/tighten yet. Wonder if the shaker is contributing to extra scoring. Will have to turn off the shaker and see if things are better. Tired of getting crazy scores I don’t earn.

#3888 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Does anybody else find it odd TMNT released new code today? It jumped all the way to release 1.04. That seemed like a big jump. Us EHOH fans are being treated to new code monthly while Turtle fans just got a wet blanket thrown on thier code parade.

Munster's part II, the saga continues......

For me, IMHO I shy away from Dwight games now until proven otherwise. Lyman however, can't wait ordering EHOH Prem next week.

#3889 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Dwight normally gets his code out quite quickly at the start. This code update could be bugs that have been fixed.

#3890 3 years ago

I have some questions on the VUK kickout issues.

I made some adjustments to the VUK. I moved it a few of times now and have one screw with a washer holding it down like previously pictured. It's pretty solid.

I'm getting about 60% of the ejected balls hitting the targets, about 10% above the targets, and remainder are weak and go towards the left outhole.

Not sure what else to do and don't want to commit to screwing the mech permanently down yet. Does this sound acceptable or should they always be strong target shots?

Any recommendations?

#3891 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Seriously not sure why stern do not get better SD cards

Cost...Stern will use the cheapest cards on the market that work..

#3892 3 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

I have some questions on the VUK kickout issues.
I made some adjustments to the VUK. I moved it a few of times now and have one screw with a washer holding it down like previously pictured. It's pretty solid.
I'm getting about 60% of the ejected balls hitting the targets, about 10% above the targets, and remainder are weak and go towards the left outhole.
Not sure what else to do and don't want to commit to screwing the mech permanently down yet. Does this sound acceptable or should they always be strong target shots?
Any recommendations?

If moving it isn't helping you have the same problem I did. It is the pitch of your mechanism. The entire assembly needs to be bent do correct this. This is what I did. Screw it down where you think it should be. Lower the playfield and open the coin door. Pull the service button out so the high volatage is on. You might want to wear a glove if you're unsure what is going to shock you. Now apply pressure on the mechanism with one hand while feeding the VUK with the other. Start by pushing the mechanism away from you and then try pulling it towards you. You'll find one direction will make the VUK work better while the other makes it worse. After you have proven which way is the correct way apply a little more pressure so the bracket will bend slightly and hold the new position. Get it correct and your ball will rocket across the playfield and hit the same spot every time. Please be careful with the shock factor and also make sure you shorten the screw on the mechanism closest to the subway ramp. Odds are that screw is going to be in your way when you make the correction.

#3893 3 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

The only thing I can say it the "temp" fix I implemented hits the targets 100% of the time, usually centered on 24 and commonly hitting 36+24 or 24+36. I actually reduced the power of the VUK from MAX to somewhere around 160 so that it would have some randomness on where it hit. The biggest problem I have with sterns fix, is they have you move the wrong bracket as with even 1 screw in the support bracket you are tweaking the VUK; IMO (based on it working flawlessly with zero screws) is that the support bracket is the one that's off but there is absolutely no easy way to move it. Another issue you could be having is its possible that the VUK may be resting on the plastic subway and changing its angle.

OPINION: This is a very busy busy area and things just don't fit like they should...almost as if something had to move prior to manufacture without fully considering the effect it would have on other items in the area...or someone said "just make it fit!"

The biggest repetitive failures I see with this game is from the trunk opto that shines through the cutout for rollover switch. The bottom side opto is held in place with a single screw and as we all know anything in a pinball that has only one fasten point is going to move.

#3894 3 years ago

Just picked up an EHoH this afternoon. I’m excited to be part of the group and am looking forward to reading everyone’s thoughts and opinions from here on out!

#3895 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

Cost...Stern will use the cheapest cards on the market that work..

Seems you shouldn’t have added those last two words ...

#3896 3 years ago

Thanks to the suggestions on replacing the SD card... that was the culprit... seems ridiculous that you spend $10k+ CDN on a brand new pin and the cheap quality SD memory card craps out in less than two months! There has to be a better way...

#3897 3 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Munster's part II, the saga continues......
For me, IMHO I shy away from Dwight games now until proven otherwise. Lyman however, can't wait ordering EHOH Prem next week.

I am firmly convinced that you should only buy a Stern game if you are ok with the code as it is at the time of purchase. I will only make an exception for a Lyman game. Wasn’t disappointed with Batman and certainly not with Elvira. There’s a reason many say “In Lyman We Trust”.

Not sure I’ll ever buy another NIB game (no space) but if Lyman isn’t on the code I’m not going to be buying early (which probably excludes an LE).

#3898 3 years ago

Yep i got burnt on Munsters. I did warn all my Friends about code with Dwight but they still bought TMNT. For me Never again with Dwight and i agree in Lyman we Trust. I love my Elvira.

#3899 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Yep i got burnt on Munsters. I did warn all my Friends about code with Dwight but they still bought TMNT. For me Never again with Dwight and i agree in Lyman we Trust. I love my Elvira.

I won’t say I got burnt on the Munsters which I’m now selling, however for my style of play and wanting more of a adventure yeah it’s not for me. However Lyman fits the bill just nicely, and just think Dwight was involved with LOTR which is very deep and IMHO one of the all time greats. What the hell happened from then to now? Lol

#3900 3 years ago

Huge fall from Grace that's what happened.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
18,500 (OBO)
10,000 (Firm)
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 17,976 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.