IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 362.
#3801 3 years ago

It would be over the top if Lyman could slip a small mode in that would reverse the flippers.

#3802 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ok, not like we will outthink what the great Lyman will do - but just for fun - what isn’t in the code that should be in by 1.0?

I thought the whole reason you were getting rid of the movie spirits via the haunts and cleaning out the crypt was so Elvira can sell her house. So I was assuming selling the house would be a final wizard mode involving the "wild market vale" stand up target. But if you look at the instruction card that target is meant for a hurry up mode. So maybe directors cut is the final wizard mode.

42ff7de06fb950863eea3bf24a7fe7efb6042a3d (resized).jpg42ff7de06fb950863eea3bf24a7fe7efb6042a3d (resized).jpg
#3803 3 years ago

Per the rule sheet wiki I think there’s a final attic mode not in code yet that is the final wizard mode

http://tiltforums.com/t/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-rulesheet-wip/5815

#3804 3 years ago

Nice update just in time for the WEEKEND! Hope it rains so I don't feel guilty staying inside

Side note.... I wish there was a consolation opportunity (like scared stiff) if you make it all the way to Gappa but lose the ball before you get ANY of the locks. So frustrating having to start over. lol

Love this game tho. My most pleasant Stern purchase ever! (so far)

#3805 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

It would be over the top if Lyman could slip a small mode in that would reverse the flippers.

Second this one. Always fun and challenging on TSPP.

#3806 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Per the rule sheet wiki I think there’s a final attic mode not in code yet that is the final wizard mode

Those rules look like they might be outdated. "attic attack" is already in the code - it's the 3rd Garage multiball. I thought Director's Cut was the final wizard mode? I haven't seen that yet.

#3807 3 years ago
Quoted from drbrain:

Second this one. Always fun and challenging on TSPP.

I was about to comment about how great this is on Houdini. There's a TSPP reverse flipper mode too? D'oh!

#3808 3 years ago

I did the black paint wash on the boney flippers. Their natural color is just too white. Put a little satin clear on them after painting for protection. I think they look perfect with purple flipper rubbers.

rps20200626_111727 (resized).jpgrps20200626_111727 (resized).jpg
#3809 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I did the black paint wash on the boney flippers. Their natural color is just too white. Put a little satin clear on them after painting for protection. I think they look perfect with purple flipper rubbers.
[quoted image]

That looks excellent!

#3810 3 years ago
Quoted from jhoward1082:

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Those rules look like they might be outdated. "attic attack" is already in the code - it's the 3rd Garage multiball. I thought Director's Cut was the final wizard mode? I haven't seen that yet.

There is a final mode with attic in the name after you complete all the rooms in house but skeleton key room, can't specifically remember the exact name but have gotten to it a few times. The audio in the game goes silent and video shows the house and then pans to Elvira's campy camper. It's a multiball with a bunch of jackpot shots and the audio seems incomplete so I think it just needs an audio introduction to the camper with Elvira announcing the mode and then a final polish on the mode audio itself.

#3811 3 years ago

Geez I was just going to update to .96 tonight! I cant keep up with this guy.

#3812 3 years ago

New Elvira owner here. Was correcting the VUK on my machine with the Stern fix (which seems to be working well now) and found these three small loose screws laying in the very back of the cabinet. One fell out as I was lowering the playfield to test the VUK. It was late and I didn't have a chance to try to see where they came from, but I assume it's somewhere near the house/back of the game. Any ideas or thoughts as to where to focus when I get back home?

screws from EHOH (resized).jpgscrews from EHOH (resized).jpg
#3813 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

There is a final mode with attic in the name after you complete all the rooms in house but skeleton key room, can't specifically remember the exact name but have gotten to it a few times. The audio in the game goes silent and video shows the house and then pans to Elvira's campy camper. It's a multiball with a bunch of jackpot shots and the audio seems incomplete so I think it just needs an audio introduction to the camper with Elvira announcing the mode and then a final polish on the mode audio itself.

Mode is called "House Attic Party". Don't watch if you don't want it spoiled for you but not really complete anyway. Fastest multiball drain I've had in awhile lol.

#3814 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Mode is called "House Attic Party". Don't watch if you don't want it spoiled for you but not really complete anyway. Fastest multiball drain I've had in awhile lol.

I can't believe there are so many modes I still haven't seen. this is awesome!

#3815 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I can't believe there are so many modes I still haven't seen. this is awesome!

Game is pretty special, has Lyman's magic touch for sure.

#3816 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Maybe another Deadhead if they aren't all in by now.
More changes to the match sequence?
Is the final wizard mode finished? I'm not even sure what it is since I've only ever gotten through all the haunts once.
Lyman already addressed all of the minor tweaks people suggested from .96 in .97 so I can only dream what he's still got planned. Loving the game even more with every new code release!

is the turret doing anything useful yet?

#3817 3 years ago

I just messed with the font RGB. It allows you to change it, doesn’t appear to save your adjustments?

#3818 3 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

Nice update just in time for the WEEKEND! Hope it rains so I don't feel guilty staying inside
Side note.... I wish there was a consolation opportunity (like scared stiff) if you make it all the way to Gappa but lose the ball before you get ANY of the locks. So frustrating having to start over. lol
Love this game tho. My most pleasant Stern purchase ever! (so far)

Totally agree with you about GAPPA! Can't tell you the number of times I've reached GAPPA, so excited and then....wha-whaaaaaa, the ball drains and there's no BALL SAVE for some reason. Does anyone know if there's a way to set a BALL SAVE for GAPPA for at least 4-5 seconds? It's disheartening to get all the way there and poof...balls does SDTM....

#3819 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

Totally agree with you about GAPPA! Can't tell you the number of times I've reached GAPPA, so excited and then....wha-whaaaaaa, the ball drains and there's no BALL SAVE for some reason. Does anyone know if there's a way to set a BALL SAVE for GAPPA for at least 4-5 seconds? It's disheartening to get all the way there and poof...balls does SDTM....

This happens to me almost every I time I make it to Gappa. There are the consolation multiballs, if you screw up at stage 2 and beyond. IMO That's such a cool thing to have it eliminates any complaint I could have about sucking on ball 1.

#3820 3 years ago

It's one of the things that makes gappa so intense!! I think it's perfect. What could be more intense / high pressure than one and done with no ball save? I actually completed it once but I usually end up having a pool party. Probably only been in it 7-8 times and I think I've only ever gotten 1,2, and completed.

Grappa indifferent made me lol, strong work sir!

#3821 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

A naked Elvira hopefully a wizard mode that reveal her breasts...

For real? Are you aware that she's 68?

#3822 3 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

is the turret doing anything useful yet?

During House Party, the turret will turn when a super jackpot is lit. Collect the super while the eyeball is facing you will add-a-ball once.

During Attic Attack Multiball, there are super jackpots associated with each side of the turret.

Quoted from fuseholder:

I just messed with the font RGB. It allows you to change it, doesn’t appear to save your adjustments?

It saved on mine. Correction: it didn't change until I rebooted the game.

I love this type of customization!

20200626_222030 (resized).jpg20200626_222030 (resized).jpg
#3823 3 years ago

I just wanted to thank the Forum for the instructions on adjusting the VUK. I did what has been published through the Forum based on Stern's instructions and my VUK fires 100% on target.

Thank you all.

#3824 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

I just wanted to thank the Forum for the instructions on adjusting the VUK. I did what has been published through the Forum based on Stern's instructions and my VUK fires 100% on target.
Thank you all.

Thanks for the update on this. My VUK has been pretty terrible. I will probably tackle this project this weekend.

#3825 3 years ago
Quoted from Pin_Guy:

For real? Are you aware that she's 68?

Is she 68 in those video clips Geez that is the best damn cleavage for a 68 year old i have seen. You people need to lighten up seriously.

#3826 3 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

I noticed it won't use the new score color until you reboot the machine.

I also had my score colors change mid-game to white and stay that way. It was early on in one game and I haven't been able to reproduce it yet.

Trailer Trash seemed to disappear when I started the next haunt. I had just completed the first haunt, Teenagers From Outer Space, and the house was lit to start Trailer Trash. When I shot the house, it started the next haunt and Trailer trash went away.

#3827 3 years ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

New Elvira owner here. Was correcting the VUK on my machine with the Stern fix (which seems to be working well now) and found these three small loose screws laying in the very back of the cabinet. One fell out as I was lowering the playfield to test the VUK. It was late and I didn't have a chance to try to see where they came from, but I assume it's somewhere near the house/back of the game. Any ideas or thoughts as to where to focus when I get back home?
[quoted image]

I thought I had a guess, but now I see those type of screws are used in a lot of places in the game. Seems weird that 3 the same size would come loose from somewhere.

#3828 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Here is my guess:
237-6188-01 Screw, M3x0.5 X 6MM PPH Sems Zinc
They are the small screws that go in the sides of the LCD screen to hold it to the speaker plates.
I suspect they are not from your game, but were dropped down in there when the game was being made. I'm guessing the line worker was holding them in their hand to insert them....oopsie...I dropped them. I'll just grab 3 more from the bin instead of reach down and digging them from inside the cabinet.
I may be wrong, but when I search the Elvira manual for "sems" which is what type of screws those are....that is the only instance of them that I see used in the game. It also come to mind because I had a mystery screw in my Jurassic Park premium when I got it. It is a torx screw....and the only instance of those is the 2 screws to hold the id badge on the front of the speaker panel....and my game had both of them attached. So that told me the mystery torx screw in my cabinet was just a screw that had been dropped in there and not one that had come loose from someplace.
As far as them coming loose from someplace, your instance would seem weird that 3 of the same type of screw would come loose in your game and it not be a common screw type.....so I'm going to guess someone at the factory dropped some bonus hardware in your game for you.

Thanks—after looking at the game tonight, I don’t think they came from my game either. I looked everywhere and couldn’t find anything missing or loose.

#3829 3 years ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

Thanks—after looking at the game tonight, I don’t think they came from my game either. I looked everywhere and couldn’t find anything missing or loose.

Well I did go back and see a lot of different "Sems" screws listed. You narrow down the fatness and length of what you found and do a more detailed look over of the manual, but as you and I said....having 3 of the same size running loose and not noticing it on the games.....it seems more like someone may have dropped them in there.

#3830 3 years ago
Quoted from DugFreez:

Well I did go back and see a lot of different "Sems" screws listed. You narrow down the fatness and length of what you found and do a more detailed look over of the manual, but as you and I said....having 3 of the same size running loose and not noticing it on the games.....it seems more like someone may have dropped them in there.

I tend to think a loose screw found in the cabinet came from the game. The reason is that the playfields are not built in cabinets to begin with, but placed in after they are completed. I've bought about a dozen NIB Stern since 2013 and none ever had extra screws in the cabinet that didn't belong anywhere. It could happen, but I still think they came from somewhere on the playfield.

Rob

#3831 3 years ago
Quoted from tigerpin:

[quoted image]

You might check the bottom of the leaping gargoyles. There are screws like that at the bottom of the metal slides that are loose and need retightened every time I lift the playfield.

#3832 3 years ago

I tried to update to .96 last night. I had the files unzipped and on the same flash drive I had used to updated previously. It all started out normal but when I checked back on the game it said it failed to unpack the files. I powered the game off and removed the usb. When I powered the game back on it went straight to this screen and now I cant exit it and it wont update with the same prompt of "failed to upack". I'm thinking I will try again tonight with .97 but looking for any help, advice or insight on this. Thanks

elv 1 (resized).jpgelv 1 (resized).jpg
#3833 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I tried to update to .96 last night. I had the files unzipped and on the same flash drive I had used to updated previously. It all started out normal but when I checked back on the game it said it failed to unpack the files. I powered the game off and removed the usb. When I powered the game back on it went straight to this screen and now I cant exit it and it wont update with the same prompt of "failed to upack". I'm thinking I will try again tonight with .97 but looking for any help, advice or insight on this. Thanks
[quoted image]

I would create a new SD card image on a new card.

#3835 3 years ago

Thanks for your help. So in doing this will the game be updated to the .97 code. Is the SD card where the updates live?

#3836 3 years ago

I think there might have been a duff file on one of the CDN servers with the code. I couldn't get my game to update then downloaded it again and it had three files inside the zip rather than two..

Neil.

#3837 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I noticed it won't use the new score color until you reboot the machine.
I also had my score colors change mid-game to white and stay that way. It was early on in one game and I haven't been able to reproduce it yet.
Trailer Trash seemed to disappear when I started the next haunt. I had just completed the first haunt, Teenagers From Outer Space, and the house was lit to start Trailer Trash. When I shot the house, it started the next haunt and Trailer trash went away.

Yeah, I rebooted twice and it was back to white both times. All other settings, appear to work. Maybe, I have to re-install?

#3838 3 years ago

Man I cant get any aspect of this too work in flashing an SD card. Anyone out there willing to mail me one preflashed for $50?

#3839 3 years ago

Man i would do it for free but I’m in the UK so post will take a while.

#3840 3 years ago

Not sure if this is a bug but completed two modes and extra ball lit before I picked it up lost the ball - extra ball was gone on the next ball. I have extra balls turned off in any case but was looking to see what the points award might have been.

#3841 3 years ago

New batch of crypt signs ready to go....

00000IMG_00000_BURST20200627133610841_COVER (resized).jpg00000IMG_00000_BURST20200627133610841_COVER (resized).jpg
#3842 3 years ago

Also I make the colour change and the game took it fine but I think when I start left flipper to kill a game the score went all white, the other text player 1 you are up is rendered ok.

0FF30454-D614-4AE4-B1B6-5C01F6FFAAA9 (resized).jpeg0FF30454-D614-4AE4-B1B6-5C01F6FFAAA9 (resized).jpeg
#3843 3 years ago

And then continuing to play and the score is fine again.

#3844 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

New batch of crypt signs ready to go....
[quoted image]

I really like this but is it possible to use the original font?

Neil

#3845 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

You might check the bottom of the leaping gargoyles. There are screws like that at the bottom of the metal slides that are loose and need retightened every time I lift the playfield.

Thanks for the suggestions everyone. Did find their home today when I looked again. They were 3 of the 4 screws holding the frame for the House diverter behind the playfield. The remaining one was all left holding it in place.

#3846 3 years ago

Trying to get the SD.raw file to a flash drive. My flash drive has 51 gb available. The elvira file is 14gb. but when I try to copy it over its telling me that the file is too big for the destination. WTF?

#3847 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Trying to get the SD.raw file to a flash drive. My flash drive has 51 gb available. The elvira file is 14gb. but when I try to copy it over its telling me that the file is too big for the destination. WTF?

Usually a flash drive is not needed for this. You do need an SD card reader like pictured, and a third party program like Balena etcher.

20200627_120630 (resized).jpg20200627_120630 (resized).jpg
#3848 3 years ago

Follow these instructions on Sterns site

20200627_121035 (resized).jpg20200627_121035 (resized).jpg
#3849 3 years ago

Question on the Stern side armor for EHOH, the one with the spider web. Are these powder coated?

#3850 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

you dont copy the file to the drive...you have to write the image to the flash card as a bootable device, to do this you have to use 3rd party software.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 77 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/77?hl=lrrr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.