20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,982 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 360.
#3651 3 years ago
Quoted from Dokkaebi:

anyone else having trouble with the garage lock uppost? shortly after updating the code to .96 balls cant roll out quick enough and the post flies back up. Sometimes pins a ball against the plastic above it (actually broke the plastic on mine). I took the left ramp off and checked the optos. checked the up post assembly didnt see anything wrong. Tried tweaking the ball guides that feed into the post still does it. Its weird i had no problems till now with that area of the game. The post keeps firing until it sets an operator error. Any ideas?

No idea at the moment, but I have not seen this. What pitch do you have the game set at? I have mine at 7 degrees.

Rob

#3652 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

No idea at the moment, but I have not seen this. What pitch do you have the game set at? I have mine at 7 degrees.
Rob

right at 7 degrees.

#3653 3 years ago
Quoted from Dokkaebi:

right at 7 degrees.

I wonder if the balls are magnetized somehow? Are they the stock balls or did you replace them?

Rob

#3654 3 years ago

i just put ninjas in lol

#3655 3 years ago

The magnets in EHOH must really be wreaking havoc on those balls.

#3656 3 years ago

Chrono is this the error you are getting?

E70E712A-43EF-4CEE-B1B6-FC3888FD481F (resized).jpegE70E712A-43EF-4CEE-B1B6-FC3888FD481F (resized).jpeg
#3657 3 years ago

If so, behind the house there is a small black subway. There is a coil that is probably firing over and over and right next to it a bracket with two optos. The optos are not seeing each other. I took the black subway off and drilled the bottom hole 2 sizes bigger and it fixed the problem. Should have taken pics to document.

#3658 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

If so, behind the house there is a small black subway. There is a coil that is probably firing over and over and right next to it a bracket with two optos. The optos are not seeing each other. I took the black subway off and drilled the bottom hole 2 sizes bigger and it fixed the problem. Should have taken pics to document.

no the garage lock behind the single drop target. I got it to do it again and it look like the up post was sticking. I took the mech completely apart. I think the spring got bound up some how and jammed the up post. IDK its working fine now super weird

#3659 3 years ago

Also found this while I was fixing the lock and the orbit. The wires going to the trunk led were routed wrong and cut by the trunk kickout. I rerouted and soldered back together. Game is awesome, but I don't think I have had to do this much work on a new game ever.

IMG_20200611_040737 (resized).jpgIMG_20200611_040737 (resized).jpg
#3660 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

The magnets in EHOH must really be wreaking havoc on those balls.

Yeah, we obviously know there's no magnet cores in the game.

Rob

#3661 3 years ago

Crap, node board 8 glitched out on me tonight. The flippers stopped working momentarily, but came back. The lower GI stayed off. It happened right as the trunk started kicking out balls so I'll check for any obvious short first. I'll also check connections too. The lights came back on with a power cycle, but I can't play more until tomorrow (it's late).

The last node board I ever had a problem with was probably 4 years ago with a GoT Pro.

Rob

20200615_012838 (resized).jpg20200615_012838 (resized).jpg

#3662 3 years ago

Looking for an EHOH premium within 3 hours of Washington, D.C.

Thanks

#3663 3 years ago

I wasn’t a fan of the side rails released for EHOH. I thought it had too much Scared Stiff in the execution. I ended up going with the Munsters side rails.

There was a photo from one other member several month ago. I wasn’t sure about the silver cardboard backing to the rails. It just didn’t photograph as well as it could and looks much better than without the backing. The first picture is without the backing.

6D7A28C3-A738-4464-B766-97CC04C22071 (resized).jpeg6D7A28C3-A738-4464-B766-97CC04C22071 (resized).jpeg1A4E9C97-2706-48AC-AC9B-0CD32993FB72 (resized).jpeg1A4E9C97-2706-48AC-AC9B-0CD32993FB72 (resized).jpeg81F138D4-214B-4C70-8F54-154A2E6D056F (resized).jpeg81F138D4-214B-4C70-8F54-154A2E6D056F (resized).jpegC1BB30F7-2B2E-426F-8762-297B54BF896D (resized).jpegC1BB30F7-2B2E-426F-8762-297B54BF896D (resized).jpeg
#3664 3 years ago

I think better with the silver Dave.

#3665 3 years ago

tktlwyr what is it like with the subby? My Maiden is crazy with a subby surely it can not rival that? Buying a subby for Elvira LE today.

#3666 3 years ago
Quoted from Dokkaebi:

Also found this while I was fixing the lock and the orbit. The wires going to the trunk led were routed wrong and cut by the trunk kickout. I rerouted and soldered back together. Game is awesome, but I don't think I have had to do this much work on a new game ever.

I moved the LED lamp wire away from the trunk door lid actuator. I'm not sure there was a problem, but I think it's routed better now that it was before. I'm not sure how that trunk comes apart and I didn't want to bother with it tonight. Moving the wire just needed disconnecting the 2 pin Z coupler, moving the wire around the blue switch wire and re-connecting.

This could be an area where a short can happen if something comes loose. The lamps and switches are really close together and the heat shrink is marginal at best.

Rob
20200615_181733 (resized).jpg20200615_181733 (resized).jpg20200616_004253 (resized).jpg20200616_004253 (resized).jpg

#3667 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I wasn’t a fan of the side rails released for EHOH. I thought it had too much Scared Stiff in the execution. I ended up going with the Munsters side rails.
There was a photo from one other member several month ago. I wasn’t sure about the silver cardboard backing to the rails. It just didn’t photograph as well as it could and looks much better than without the backing. The first picture is without the backing.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

If you put mylar over the silver cardboard it will stop you rubbing off the silver. We did that on our Munsters.

#3668 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

If you put mylar over the silver cardboard it will stop you rubbing off the silver. We did that on our Munsters.

Thank you!

#3669 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

tktlwyr what is it like with the subby? My Maiden is crazy with a subby surely it can not rival that? Buying a subby for Elvira LE today.

Maiden is right next to Elvira and they both have subs. I also upgraded Elvira’s sound with the 5.25” backbox speakers and woofer that the LEs use. The sub is a nice addition and gives it the extra punch that it needs.

#3670 3 years ago

We acquired our Elvira pin about a month ago to help break up the Covid monotony of being stuck at home. Downloaded the newest Update a few days ago and I have to say it is one of the best pinball updates I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing...wow! My only glitch that I've experienced with this pin is whacky scoring when starting the "Unhappy Hour" mode. The score goes up to the hundreds of millions within seconds whenever the ball gets bounced around the top bumpers. Curiously, this occurred regularly when we first acquired the pin but since the latest update was installed this only happens about every tenth game or so. Anyone else experience this? Could it be a sensor issue?

#3671 3 years ago
Quoted from AncasterStan:

We acquired our Elvira pin about a month ago to help break up the Covid monotony of being stuck at home. Downloaded the newest Update a few days ago and I have to say it is one of the best pinball updates I've ever had the pleasure of experiencing...wow! My only glitch that I've experienced with this pin is whacky scoring when starting the "Unhappy Hour" mode. The score goes up to the hundreds of millions within seconds whenever the ball gets bounced around the top bumpers. Curiously, this occurred regularly when we first acquired the pin but since the latest update was installed this only happens about every tenth game or so. Anyone else experience this? Could it be a sensor issue?

That's definitely a ramp opto issue that many have experienced on this game. The vibrations cause the optos to sag in their mount and move around, triggering the switch which causes the scoring problem.

The optos are in the top corner of either ramp (dim red light). Make sure the transmitter has a clear path to the receiver and that the hardware holding the optos to the ramps is tight.

#3672 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

i had this problem early on, and also fixed it just by aligning and tightening the optos. it has recurred once since. but i really like your idea. it did occur to me that the holes were pretty tight, and don't allow much room for error. i'm going to try your idea next. brilliant!

btw, did you say you only drilled the bottom hole bigger?

#3673 3 years ago
Quoted from AncasterStan:

Yes, had the same problem. See my post #3572 on this thread for details of my fix.

#3674 3 years ago

I'm not super observant so maybe this has occurred the whole time, but I've noticed it since the new update. When I have a mode running with a multiball the right orbit doesn't score for the jackpot or advancing the mode while the ball save is running.

Is this a bug or a feature? Is it a necessary evil to stop the auto launch from scoring? Personally, the right orbit seems to be the toughest shot for me to make on this game, so it's frustrating to nail it at the end of Teenagers From Space only to have it not score and my mode times out.

#3675 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

I'm not super observant so maybe this has occurred the whole time, but I've noticed it since the new update. When I have a mode running with a multiball the right orbit doesn't score for the jackpot or advancing the mode while the ball save is running.
Is this a bug or a feature? Is it a necessary evil to stop the auto launch from scoring? Personally, the right orbit seems to be the toughest shot for me to make on this game, so it's frustrating to nail it at the end of Teenagers From Space only to have it not score and my mode times out.

I think you've answered your own question, but haven't really noticed it myself. (Hadn't thought about it being associated with the ball save.) I usually don't concentrate on the right orbit jackpot until it's the last one. I also start TFOS first as it's the easiest haunt to complete and stack multiballs with longer haunts like MTHOF.

I find both orbits can be difficult to hit at times. Sometimes I nail 'em every time. Other times I can't hit 'em to save my life (or the haunts). If you're having problems with the spinner shot in TFOS, you can lock a ball up and short plunge the new ball so it hits the spinner. The only downside to that is fewer points from the spinner which I think add to the final shot value, but if time's running out, it gets the job done.

#3676 3 years ago

I kind of figured it was by design, but like I said, I'm not super observant. It's probably been like that since I got it. Figured it was worth asking since I know some people are really on point with how scoring works. Reality is I'm not good enough for it to make a huge swing in my final score.

#3677 3 years ago

Here's an annoying bug that I've seen a few times:

During a Haunt mode I start Junk In The Trunk multi-ball and I lose the ability to complete the Haunt. The lit shots for the Haunt seem to disappear almost as soon as I start Trunk. I believe the last time this happened I was playing "The Brain That Wouldn’t Die," but can't swear to it.

Anyone experience this?

#3678 3 years ago

I know the haunt shots disappear during the multiball intros, but they return when they're over (or blown off).

Is it possible you needed a shot on the right orbit, but didn't see it?

#3679 3 years ago

Just joined the Club. Great game. My pin was born June 9, 2020 so it already has the 0.96 code. Is there any place I can find the game rules, if not for the current code, at least for the previous? I have been trying to figure out how to light up the extra ball

#3680 3 years ago
Quoted from AvidPinPlayer:

Just joined the Club. Great game. My pin was born June 9, 2020 so it already has the 0.96 code. Is there any place I can find the game rules, if not for the current code, at least for the previous? I have been trying to figure out how to light up the extra ball

Extra ball is lit by defeating 2 deadheads or completing 2 haunts.

#3681 3 years ago

With $1300 in mods purchased so far I have over $10K in my EHoH LE:

no charge skill shot guide kit + nylon washer - warranty from Stern
1.95 left ramp crate fix from Pinball Life
4.45 x 2 replacement coil stops from Pinball Life
12.95 anti-airball deflector for left ramp from RGP Models
16.00 2-pc shooter eject protector from Cliffy's Premium Pinball
16.00 Stern Spike quiet fan kit from Pinball Life
24.95 return lane plastic protectors from SilverBall Designs
25.00 set of 2 "E" coin return buttons from Filament Printing
27.95 purple slingshot plastic protectors from Cointaker
45.00 red powdercoated shooter rod housing from Robert Stone
49.95 headphone jack + external volume control from Pinball Life
68.00 Elvira shooter rod from ModFather
79.00 crypt sign façade with spotlight from Lermods
180.00 Stern EHoH banner from Marc Chytracek
200.00 playfield protector from playfield-protectors.com
260.00 casket + VUK cover + doghouse etc. from Medisinyl Mods
296.61 Omega plus lighting from PinStadium

#3682 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Do not tell my wife, but with $1300 in mods purchased so far I have over $10K in my EHoH LE:
no charge skill shot guide kit + nylon washer - warranty from Stern
4.45 x 2 replacement coil stops from Pinball Life
12.95 anti-airball deflector for left ramp from RGP Models
16.00 2-pc shooter eject protector from Cliffy's Premium Pinball
16.00 Stern Spike quiet fan kit from Pinball Life
24.95 return lane plastic protectors from SilverBall Designs
25.00 set of 2 "E" coin return buttons from Filament Printing
27.95 purple slingshot plastic protectors from Cointaker
45.00 red powdercoated shooter rod housing from Robert Stone
49.95 headphone jack + external volume control from Pinball Life
68.00 Elvira shooter rod from ModFather
79.00 crypt sign façade with spotlight from Lermods
180.00 Stern EHoH banner from Marc Chytracek
200.00 playfield protector from playfield-protectors.com
260.00 casket + VUK cover + doghouse etc. from Medisinyl Mods
296.61 Omega plus lighting from PinStadium

If you’re trying to keep this info from your lady, I’m not sure creating a post which itemizes every mod including price is the best idea dude!! Lol

#3683 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I know the haunt shots disappear during the multiball intros, but they return when they're over (or blown off).
Is it possible you needed a shot on the right orbit, but didn't see it?

It is possible that I didn't see the right orbit, but this has happened to me a few times on different haunts. Close to finishing a haunt, get trunk multi-ball, the last few lit shots for the haunt disappear and don't reappear even with trunk multi-ball is over. Result being that a haunt I was close to finishing is now over with without giving an opportunity to complete it. Hard to believe no one else has seen this?

#3684 3 years ago

No, that is definitely a thing. The way it counts the top right orbit vs. Balls plunged vs. Balls coming through the spinner is not dialed in to where it awards your shots. Prob very hard to get right as the balls come back down to the spinner out of the pops.

#3685 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Didn’t know about this one - thanks!

652B7B52-341E-4A65-BD9A-90341ED64961 (resized).jpeg652B7B52-341E-4A65-BD9A-90341ED64961 (resized).jpeg
#3686 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Didn’t know about this one - thanks![quoted image]

I would be surprised if you need this. There seems to be a lot of variations in game builds but you and I both have LEs. This is only needed if you're ramp height is equal or less than your crate lid. Mine is a couple multimeters higher from the factory. The spacer just adds height.

#3687 3 years ago

I'm having the following message "cellar lockup device malfunction". It just fires and fires.

At times shortly after a ball lock the ball will be kicked into the shooter lane and next thing you know the machine displays backdoor skill shot, ball hasn't even been shot yet. I've only had the machine for a couple weeks, purchased new. I've tried to contact Stern and haven't received a response. I'm just curious on what I need to adjust before I go tearing into this thing.

Once I get this fixed I'll start trying to tweak the crypt vuk to hit the targets.

#3688 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Extra ball is lit by defeating 2 deadheads or completing 2 haunts.

Thank you

#3689 3 years ago
Quoted from ffsRusMan:

I'm having the following message "cellar lockup device malfunction". It just fires and fires.
At times shortly after a ball lock the ball will be kicked into the shooter lane and next thing you know the machine displays backdoor skill shot, ball hasn't even been shot yet. I've only had the machine for a couple weeks, purchased new. I've tried to contact Stern and haven't received a response. I'm just curious on what I need to adjust before I go tearing into this thing.
Once I get this fixed I'll start trying to tweak the crypt vuk to hit the targets.

Sounds like your cellar opto isn’t aligned correctly. It isn’t that big of a deal to fix. It is probably the one under the house. Step one is to remove the house. You take off the turret (one screw), the roof (two screws) and then the house (four screws). You’ll need a long magnetic nut driver to reach the house screws. You actually access them from the top of the exposed house. After that most optos are visible. Sung everything back down and test. Reassemble and you are done.

20191208_130410 (resized).jpg20191208_130410 (resized).jpg
#3690 3 years ago

Wanted to ask a fix for Elvira

We got the pin and the house diverter one screw was displaced and we found it in the cabinet and replaced. After 50 games the same occurred again. This is the screw to the plate which has a mech that goes up and down it's behind the house.

Any ideas to prevent this from happening in the future?

#3691 3 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Wanted to ask a fix for Elvira
We got the pin and the house diverter one screw was displaced and we found it in the cabinet and replaced. After 50 games the same occurred again. This is the screw to the plate which has a mech that goes up and down it's behind the house.
Any ideas to prevent this from happening in the future?

Have you tried putting Loctite on it yet?

#3692 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Have you tried putting Loctite on it yet?

That’s prob what I will do. I’ll buy a small tube

#3693 3 years ago

Sounds like your cellar opto isn’t aligned correctly. It isn’t that big of a deal to fix. It is probably the one under the house. Step one is to remove the house. You take off the turret (one screw), the roof (two screws) and then the house (four screws). You’ll need a long magnetic nut driver to reach the house screws. You actually access them from the top of the exposed house. After that most optos are visible. Sung everything back down and test. Reassemble and you are done.[quoted image]

Thank you. I did find a loose screw not sure that's it or not. I do feel better about taking the house off now. lol

Thank you again! That went exactly as you said it would!

#3694 3 years ago

My search fu is failing me if this has been covered. The crypt VUK is shooting to the left of the targets across the field. I tried loosening the screws that hold it to try and aim it better, but the mech won't budge with loosened screws. Is there an easier solution than completely removing it and possible having to make the screw holes wider? Here's a picture of mine. Does it look out of alignment from below? 20200619_143640 (resized).jpg20200619_143640 (resized).jpg

#3695 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

My search fu is failing me if this has been covered. The crypt VUK is shooting to the left of the targets across the field. I tried loosening the screws that hold it to try and aim it better, but the mech won't budge with loosened screws. Is there an easier solution than completely removing it and possible having to make the screw holes wider? Here's a picture of mine. Does it look out of alignment from below? [quoted image]

This is the official Stern fix. It doesn't work for everybody.

Post #2518 VUK fix Posted by Pozzest01 (3 months ago)

#3696 3 years ago

This is the official Stern fix. It doesn't work for everybody.
Post #2518 VUK fix Posted by Pozzest01 (3 months ago)

Damnit, I REALLY don't want to have to screw new holes into the wood.

#3697 3 years ago

NM, fixed it. Got some pliers and made a slight twist to the top of it and it's working just fine. Phew!

#3698 3 years ago

I’ve ordered a premium and have bought plenty of mods and plastics in preparation but I see a note regarding the stern shaker motor that says it does not work with the premium edition. Does this mean there is no shaker support for the premium at all?

#3699 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

I’ve ordered a premium and have bought plenty of mods and plastics in preparation but I see a note regarding the stern shaker motor that says it does not work with the premium edition. Does this mean there is no shaker support for the premium at all?

Works fine. Not sure where you read this.

#3700 3 years ago
Quoted from UnholySpectacle:

The shaker works fine with the Premium.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
12,222 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
10,000 (Firm)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,982 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/74?hl=pizzaman13 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.