IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 363.
#3551 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Are there still any Elviras in stock anywhere? I’m hoping to be picking one up soon

Automated services had some in stock last week.

#3552 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Have you tried the stern fix where you re-drill holes, etc? It made me cringe hearing about it, but I literally did it yesterday and it blasts across the table 100 percent of the time now. Before it would take 3 or 4 tries to even dribble out of the mech.
I actually lowered the power to 225 and it STILL blasts across into the targets. It made a night and day difference.

No I haven’t. I’m not saying that is off the table for me but it would be a last resort fix. My VUK ejects every time but has no consistency. Some times it dribbles out and others it blasts the targets. I’m thinking I can fabricate a more elegant solution that repositions the ball directly over the plunger without remounting the hardware.

#3553 3 years ago
Quoted from Jaybird815:

Are there still any Elviras in stock anywhere? I’m hoping to be picking one up soon

Trent Augustine ya tilt amusement has an LE and SLE

#3554 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Have you tried the stern fix where you re-drill holes, etc? It made me cringe hearing about it, but I literally did it yesterday and it blasts across the table 100 percent of the time now. Before it would take 3 or 4 tries to even dribble out of the mech.
I actually lowered the power to 225 and it STILL blasts across into the targets. It made a night and day difference.

The PDF with pictures posted in this thread doesn't specify how far to move the bracket and the picture also shows after they moved the bracket that it was closer to side of playfield also. If I have to re-drill holes I need more specific instructions and way to test it before making swiss cheese out of the playfield. It would have been nice if they made the bracket with slotted holes to where it could be adjusted without drilling new holes in playfield.

#3555 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Trent Augustine ya tilt amusement has an LE and SLE

+1 for Trent, he is the man.

#3556 3 years ago

Ok, so I updated to the .96 code and now my Crypt stop working...only my skull displays. Anyone have the same issue or did I break something?

#3557 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

The PDF with pictures posted in this thread doesn't specify how far to move the bracket and the picture also shows after they moved the bracket that it was closer to side of playfield also. If I have to re-drill holes I need more specific instructions and way to test it before making swiss cheese out of the playfield. It would have been nice if they made the bracket with slotted holes to where it could be adjusted without drilling new holes in playfield.

Agree 100 percent. Check out 3199 by Rob_G . I took his advice to test. It worked great. I also agree that its really cringy to drill holes.

The only thing I can say definitively is it worked for me, and I went from not even making it out of the hole to consistently hitting the targets, 100 percent of the time.

Certainly, do your own research and make your best judgment for your machines, I am just a random dude who it worked for

#3558 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Agree 100 percent. Check out 3199 by rob_g . I took his advice to test. It worked great. I also agree that its really cringy to drill holes.
The only thing I can say definitively is it worked for me, and I went from not even making it out of the hole to consistently hitting the targets, 100 percent of the time.
Certainly, do your own research and make your best judgment for your machines, I am just a random dude who it worked for

Awesome idea by rob_g!!! I don't mind drilling new holes as long as I'm sure it's positioned right first.

#3559 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Man, this game is special and it’s not even done. I love all the subtle touches and polish.
My only minor complaint is mechanical. The new dead head mode requires you to shoot the coffin targets with the lockdown button... but if you’re stuck with an underperforming mech, the ball kind of dribbles out and you’re stuck.
I’ve adjusted it three times and I’m batting about .500 with hitting the targets.

TOTALLY agree with this! I love the new code updates but if you're gonna add something new to the mix, please make sure it works for most players. Just like you, the mech comes out "flat" about 3 times out of 4, so it's just taking longer to finish the Deadheads now, which surely isn't the point of the update. Hopefully they remove this "new addition" in the next update, not sure it was worth adding in.

#3560 3 years ago

New to the club as of a few days ago - HUO Premium with a build date of November 2019. The game I bought was stock except for replaced coil stops. Really enjoying the game so far, and excited to own a new Lyman game (code already seems great, and will only get better!). Loved getting a code update a couple days after owning it

Several comments/questions:

1. What is the consensus on adjusting the left orbit rail? When a ball comes off the rail mine goes into the left sling instead of to the left flipper. I guess you have to remove the ramp and plastic to get to the screw holding the rail (anyone put together a guide on making this adjustment?).
2. I looked behind the house, and I appear to have the updated metal guides, but I still find it very difficult to hit the skill shot (if I get it behind the house it almost always goes to the left orbit). Perhaps I just don't have the shot down yet, but does anyone else have this issue?
3. Just a note- my VUK seems to have the problem with misalignment. I've cranked the coil power up pretty high. I would say 75% of the time it hits the targets, but many times it is weak and drains down the left outlane. Has Stern issued an official fix for this? Anyone put together a guide or video for the fix?
4. Thinking of buying a shaker. Worth it? Is the PinballLife version good? I haven't owned a Stern machine in quite some time, and don't know much about the different shakers.

Anxious to play more and get more familiar with the rules!

Thanks everyone!

#3561 3 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

New to the club as of a few days ago - HUO Premium with a build date of November 2019. The game I bought was stock except for replaced coil stops. Really enjoying the game so far, and excited to own a new Lyman game (code already seems great, and will only get better!). Loved getting a code update a couple days after owning it
Several comments/questions:
1. What is the consensus on adjusting the left orbit rail? When a ball comes off the rail mine goes into the left sling instead of to the left flipper. I guess you have to remove the ramp and plastic to get to the screw holding the rail (anyone put together a guide on making this adjustment?).
2. I looked behind the house, and I appear to have the updated metal guides, but I still find it very difficult to hit the skill shot (if I get it behind the house it almost always goes to the left orbit). Perhaps I just don't have the shot down yet, but does anyone else have this issue?
3. Just a note- my VUK seems to have the problem with misalignment. I've cranked the coil power up pretty high. I would say 75% of the time it hits the targets, but many times it is weak and drains down the left outlane. Has Stern issued an official fix for this? Anyone put together a guide or video for the fix?
4. Thinking of buying a shaker. Worth it? Is the PinballLife version good? I haven't owned a Stern machine in quite some time, and don't know much about the different shakers.
Anxious to play more and get more familiar with the rules!
Thanks everyone!

Welcome to the club! First and foremost check out the beginning of the thread for key posts. Many (almost all) questions have been answered. To save you some time hit up youtube and search for Hurry Up Pinball Elvira. He has some fantastic well explained videos, one of which explains the left orbit fix, and what may help your vuk.

Regarding shaker motor, I think so, hell yeah. I personally have the pinball life version and love it. That said, I dont know what I am missing because I dont own a stern one.

#3562 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Welcome to the club! First and foremost check out the beginning of the thread for key posts. Many (almost all) questions have been answered. To save you some time hit up youtube and search for Hurry Up Pinball Elvira. He has some fantastic well explained videos, one of which explains the left orbit fix, and what may help your vuk.
Regarding shaker motor, I think so, hell yeah. I personally have the pinball life version and love it. That said, I dont know what I am missing because I dont own a stern one.

Thanks! I don't know how I missed that Hurry Up pinball video. Much appreciated.

#3563 3 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Thanks! I don't know how I missed that Hurry Up pinball video. Much appreciated.

Anytime, it’s an absolutely amazing game, especially once dialed in

#3564 3 years ago

I was watching the Dead Flip stream of gameplay this morning and noticed the slings clearly weren't set at default strength. When mine throw the ball it's a side to side frenzy that as often as not leads to an outlane drain. Just curious if you guys lower the setting on the slings and if so what setpoint works best for you?

#3565 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

No I haven’t. I’m not saying that is off the table for me but it would be a last resort fix. My VUK ejects every time but has no consistency. Some times it dribbles out and others it blasts the targets. I’m thinking I can fabricate a more elegant solution that repositions the ball directly over the plunger without remounting the hardware.

I have a premium that was built in November that had the same problem. It fired every time but was not "smooth" and consistent. The playfield looks like the bracket was already re drilled at the factory, there's some extra holes under there. All I did was remove one of the screws below the subway plastic and it's been smooth as butter ever since.

#3566 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

I have a premium that was built in November that had the same problem. It fired every time but was not "smooth" and consistent. The playfield looks like the bracket was already re drilled at the factory, there's some extra holes under there. All I did was remove one of the screws below the subway plastic and it's been smooth as butter ever since.

umm you wouldn't have a picture of which screw that was would you? Mines a premium build Nov 2019 and it acts exactly like that too. and i'd love to fix it.

On another note: Check out this 3d printing model of Gappa! I think it small one would make a great figure in the back left or right side of the table ..or the large 10inch one painted up might look awesome as part of a custom Topper. I gotta see if anyone i know has a 3d printer.. Modmakers might like this too.
https://www.gambody.com/3d-models/gappa-triphibian-monster

gappa-triphibian-monster-3_980x500 (resized).pnggappa-triphibian-monster-3_980x500 (resized).png
#3567 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

umm you wouldn't have a picture of which screw that was would you? Mines a premium build Nov 2019 and it acts exactly like that too. and i'd love to fix it.
On another note: Check out this 3d printing model of Gappa! I think it small one would make a great figure in the back left or right side of the table ..or the large 10inch one painted up might look awesome as part of a custom Topper. I gotta see if anyone i know has a 3d printer.. Modmakers might like this too.
https://www.gambody.com/3d-models/gappa-triphibian-monster[quoted image]

I'm pointing at it with a screwdriver here on the left side. You can see the holes where it was drilled out before I got it on the right side. When I removed the screw on the left the whole assembly shifted somewhat significantly. I'm not sure I could get a screw back in there without redrilling the metal. It seems to be holding fine without it.

IMG_20200610_172252 (resized).jpgIMG_20200610_172252 (resized).jpg
#3568 3 years ago

Now that the VUK is an in game skill-shot it needs to be made reliable. I didn’t really care before but now it needs to be accurate and consistent since installing the new code. No offense but the repairs I have seen so far done on this mechanism don’t give me a warm fuzzy. I’m going to take a crack at it an let everybody know the result. At first inspection I noticed this when I took the VUK out and laid it on my work bench. I think this is the main reason why these are inconsistent. My first thought is to make an insert that will attach to the base of the VUK to center the resting ball better. As of now the resting pinball is not centered with the plunger at all. More to come and advise / recommendations are always welcome.
[quoted image]

The reason is the plunger is flat on top instead of cupped. Take a look at any other VUK and you'll see it is concave on top. The plunger in Elvira being flat has NO self centering feature and the ball caroms of at unknown angles and hits the side of the chute on the way out. I heated a ball with a torch and melted the cup into the end of the plunger, but it could probably be done with a ball shaped stone on a Dremel tool or other grinding method. My VUK is nearly 100% operational now where before, it was a frustrating mess.

#3569 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Ok, so I updated to the .96 code and now my Crypt stop working...only my skull displays. Anyone have the same issue or did I break something?

Same thing happened to me, balls get stuck in the Crypt.

What's happened is that the VUK Kicker coil has locked up, you can see this when you test the coil ( coil doesn't move )

With the machine off, pull the coil rod so that it moves up and down, turn on the machine and test the coil in test mode and you'll find that it works again.

Strange that it locked the coil up after the code update.

Hope that helps mate.

#3570 3 years ago

Useless bit of trivia -

Anyone who has played Feeding Frosty on Megatouch might recognize the Level 3 music is the same that's used in the Santa Claus Conquers The Martians haunt.

#3571 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

Useless bit of trivia -
Anyone who has played Feeding Frosty on Megatouch might recognize the Level 3 music is the same that's used in the Santa Claus Conquers The Martians haunt.

These are some very useful news! Thank you!
Are there any other musics from other media/video games that plays in EHOH?

#3572 3 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Has anyone seen this problem yet? Was trying to search for scoring problems/issues before posting this but could not find anything. All switches test fine. I launch the ball and scoring and VDU go crazy. It will settle down for a while and then go nuts again. Happened after last upgrade. I re-installed the upgrade and no change. Bad node board?

Recently joined the club. I had the same problem as above. Noticed others on this thread talking about issues with the right ramp opto next to the crypt. I removed my right ramp and found the opto to be securely tight in place, but substantially out of alignment with the holes in the ramp that the opto looks through. See pics. I can’t believe that this sort of stuff gets put on new machines. Easiest fix for me was to make the sight holes a little bigger so the opto could do its job. Factory hole size was approx. 3/16” dia. I carefully opened them up to 5/16” dia. Now all is GOOD and LOVING my new toy.

C85E77BB-C3CD-467B-9356-B8E591A20B8C (resized).jpegC85E77BB-C3CD-467B-9356-B8E591A20B8C (resized).jpegCBB199C2-9E69-4334-AEBB-954DEF61C563 (resized).jpegCBB199C2-9E69-4334-AEBB-954DEF61C563 (resized).jpeg
#3573 3 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

The reason is the plunger is flat on top instead of cupped. Take a look at any other VUK and you'll see it is concave on top. The plunger in Elvira being flat has NO self centering feature and the ball caroms of at unknown angles and hits the side of the chute on the way out. I heated a ball with a torch and melted the cup into the end of the plunger, but it could probably be done with a ball shaped stone on a Dremel tool or other grinding method. My VUK is nearly 100% operational now where before, it was a frustrating mess.

To be honest your repair is my plan b. I think I can get better results if I center the ball with an insert. Did you see how far off center the plunger is on my game? It's several millimeters off.
20200609_185233 (resized).jpg20200609_185233 (resized).jpg

#3574 3 years ago
Quoted from zaki:

Anyone have elvira and Batman 66? If so, which one is deeper?

As much as I love Batman66, Elvira has a lot more variety as of today. Plus it still has things yet to be coded into the game.

For multiballs Batman66 has 6; villain, villain escape, Holy, batusi, and gas attack.

For multiballs Elvira has abouy twice as many at 13: wild women, zombie attack, attic attack, trunk, phone a friend, gappa angry, pool party, dance fever, make-out mayhem, scream test, run for your life, house party, directors cut.

For toys/mechs Batman66 has; the awesome center rotisserie with 3 sides to it (2 sides are stand up targets and 3rd side has physical ball lock and center pass through shot), penguin crane, penguin VUK, riddler saucer, joker magnet, gadget 6 target stand up bank, TV 3 target stand up bank, villain vision mini LCD, 3 pops, spinner

Elvira beats Batman66 here as well with; awesome house toy (has multiple diverters and locks within) with impressive color changing lighting effects, spinning turret on top of house with 4 positions, house ramp that allows shot into house or lifts upfor shot under house into celler, drop target in front of house garage shot, back door scoop behind house, dead head crypt with 3 positions that all register hits (closed, open into scoop, open into bash toy), crypt VUK shoots ball across playfield to hit trunk targets via action button, trunk that opens closes as part of left ramp to locks balls, 4 jumping gargoyles that hit the glass, manos virtual spinning wheel, 3 target stand up bank for Trunk, 3 target stand up bank for manos, 3 pops, spinner

Things to do for Batman66 involve fightging 4 main villains (2 episodes per villain) or 1 or 6 minor villains (some minor villains have multiple seasons some just 1 season), bat turn side mode, villain escape multiball after capturing 4 main villains, choice of multiball after played 1 minor villain for each of 3 seasons.

Elvira beats Batman66 again for sheer number of different things to do; house has 6 main haunts and 2 or 3 hidden haunts (requires key from trunk to unlock), 3 multiballs on the garage shot, un-happy hour mode, drive me car-azy mode, capture items from the trunk(dagger, potion, key, ray gun) for extra game features, gargoils gone wild mode, gappa angry multiball (has 5 consolation multiballs if you dont make it to 6 on gappa), phone a fiend multiball via trunk, 15 dead heads to fight at the crypt, super dead head shot after beating 3 dead heads, manos wheel for awards, house party after 2 haunts, directors cut after 4 haunts, trailer trash after each haunt.

I think Lyman learned a lot regarding integrating existing video clips into game play from Batman and took it to the next level.with Elvira.

Batman66 shots are a little clunky while Elvira shots are smoother than velveeta.

I still love my Batman66 but I think Elvira just has a much wider variety of stuff to do.

#3575 3 years ago

I got a question. I have to update my Elvira with new code, but I want to also fix the issue I have with the diverter always cycling up and down. I think I just need to adjust one of the rollover switches. We'll see.

Since covid I haven't felt like playing pinball. I focused on video games. Also I am rehabbing a baby squirrel right now and he is taking up all my spare time. He's a cool little guy. And I don't really want to blare music, or have the slamming pinball sounds scare him. I also want to make him feel at home and cared for. So again, he's geting a lot of attention.

Anyway, my question. Is the callout "Let Me Stand By Your Fire" removed from the game. Or just implemented into the code to where she won't say redundant ones right next to each other. They'll be better spaced out?
Cos I hope its not removed. its a favorite callout of mine.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3576 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I got a question. I have to update my Elvira with new code, but I want to also fix the issue I have with the diverter always cycling up and down. I think I just need to adjust one of the rollover switches. We'll see.
Since covid I haven't felt like playing pinball. I focused on video games. Also I am rehabbing a baby squirrel right now and he is taking up all my spare time. He's a cool little guy. And I don't really want to blare music, or have the slamming pinball sounds scare him. I also want to make him feel at home and cared for. So again, he's geting a lot of attention.
Anyway, my question. Is the callout "Let Me Stand By Your Fire" removed from the game. Or just implemented into the code to where she won't say redundant ones right next to each other. They'll be better spaced out?

I had the same issue on my LE. I had to adjust or bend the top rollover switch to register in test mode. I don’t think your callout is removed. There are so many quotes in there now which is great. Nobody tops Lyman in code!

#3577 3 years ago
Quoted from Da_Topper:

I had the same issue on my LE. I had to adjust or bend the top rollover switch to register in test mode. I don’t think your callout is removed. There are so many quotes in there now which is great. Nobody tops Lyman in code!

That's what stern recommended me to try. I just haven't felt like fiddling with it. Not in the mood.

#3578 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think Lyman learned a lot regarding integrating existing video clips into game play from Batman and took it to the next level.with Elvira. Batman66 shots are a little clunky while Elvira shots are smoother than velveeta. I think Elvira just has a much wider variety of stuff to do.

Great post Doc. Both games are different, but deep. I’m glad I have both so I don’t have to choose.

My first NIB game was Medieval Madness, over twenty years ago. My last two were Batman and Elvira. All family favorites. All Lyman games. All bound to be timeless pinball classics.

#3579 3 years ago

My first attempt to make a crude insert out of Lexan for the VUK looks like this. So far it is a painful process and one that can't be mass produced due to the fact there are so many build variations between games. It fits and works but not better than the Stern fix of moving the assembly over and drilling new holes. Back to the drawing board.

20200610_173254 (resized).jpg20200610_173254 (resized).jpg20200610_173428 (resized).jpg20200610_173428 (resized).jpg20200610_173827 (resized).jpg20200610_173827 (resized).jpg
#3580 3 years ago

My Family started one game after new code install and got this. I looked at the key posts and don’t see anything about it. Has anyone had this issue? Or is it new code related? Shooting into the house now doesn’t register shots....

51AFC168-0524-4DE4-BF99-73EC9C7AC2B3 (resized).jpeg51AFC168-0524-4DE4-BF99-73EC9C7AC2B3 (resized).jpeg
#3581 3 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Same thing happened to me, balls get stuck in the Crypt.
What's happened is that the VUK Kicker coil has locked up, you can see this when you test the coil ( coil doesn't move )
With the machine off, pull the coil rod so that it moves up and down, turn on the machine and test the coil in test mode and you'll find that it works again.
Strange that it locked the coil up after the code update.
Hope that helps mate.

Thanks for the response and input...turned out to be something much easier to diagnose and repair...the screw and bushing that holds the Skull/door armature tot he Crypt motor had backed out and fallen into the bottom of the cabinet...it was only a coincidence that it occurred as I updated to the .96 code. Thanks again and have a great day!

#3582 3 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

This is the only thing that works for me,I tried everything and I am very good at tweeting a game but I was done until I saw this post,I removed the vuk ,removed the switch and put a propane flame on the ball While the ball is sitting on the vuk and then with leather gloves on hold the vuk and push the plunger onto the hot ball while holding the ball firmly so it does not move,It workEd for me and now the ball hits the targets every time.For me this is the only thing that worked!

#3583 3 years ago

One of the reasons I got rid of pirates and opted to replace with EHOH was because I was sick of the maintenance. I have rebuilt 90s games but found them to be less finicky. Now I’m starting to worry about my new purchase. I will look through this forum for all the issues so that I’m prepared.

#3584 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

One of the reasons I got rid of pirates and opted to replace with EHOH was because I was sick of the maintenance. I have rebuilt 90s games but found them to be less finicky. Now I’m starting to worry about my new purchase. I will look through this forum for all the issues so that I’m prepared.

I wouldn't worry about it, I've had the game (premium) since November and have had no issues except a pin on one of the gargoyles coming off. Even my coil stops are good.

#3585 3 years ago
Quoted from rockrand:

This is the only thing that works for me,I tried everything and I am very good at tweeting a game but I was done until I saw this post,I removed the vuk ,removed the switch and put a propane flame on the ball While the ball is sitting on the vuk and then with leather gloves on hold the vuk and push the plunger onto the hot ball while holding the ball firmly so it does not move,It workEd for me and now the ball hits the targets every time.For me this is the only thing that worked!

Great idea and fix. I had a quick thought. Has anyone tried to find a cupped plunger that would fit the VUK?

#3586 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Just played with new code on my LE and the call out was still there.

#3587 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Mine has had only minor issues. Opto's 2 were playing up now fixed. A bad SD card bought a better one and no problem with new code update. Just minor tweaks mate so you should be fine. And this game is so Awesome well worth a tweak here and there.

#3588 3 years ago

Where’s the topper ???

#3589 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I had some majorly frustrating issues with POTC when I first got it - the Pearl lamps would turn off for long periods of time, I was worried about the clear issues... it turned out to be a completely simple fix, and I am really glad I persevered. that game is great!

EHOH has also been pretty maintenance-free. I've been lucky with the VUK, and the only real major thing I had to deal with was the trunk getting stuck because of the little arm coming loose. Took 5 minutes to take apart, Added some loctite, hasn't been an issue since. The game is fairly easy to disassemble if you need to.

#3590 3 years ago

Well, it’s raining so I rolled my sleeves up to tackle this stupid mech.

I rotated it beyond the Stern recommended fix and it seems to work. The ball rockets out in test. Not sure how it will perform during normal play or long term. Some pictures:

0C21483F-12AA-4DC7-8B6C-6055736B4527 (resized).jpeg0C21483F-12AA-4DC7-8B6C-6055736B4527 (resized).jpeg1FB39AF3-8B77-41F9-AE4E-941010D444C6 (resized).jpeg1FB39AF3-8B77-41F9-AE4E-941010D444C6 (resized).jpeg5C08047B-812F-4218-B775-6251DE54B0FE (resized).jpeg5C08047B-812F-4218-B775-6251DE54B0FE (resized).jpeg
#3591 3 years ago

The best shooter rod ever made period... this shooter rod is amazing. Check it out on my machine. I would suggest everyone get it because it really puts your game over the top!

IMG_0635 (resized).jpgIMG_0635 (resized).jpg
#3592 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Well, it’s raining so I rolled my sleeves up to tackle this stupid mech.
I rotated it beyond the Stern recommended fix and it seems to work. The ball rockets out in test. Not sure how it will perform during normal play or long term. Some pictures:[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I broke down and did the recommended Stern fix also but didn't like the results. The hits were inconsistent even after the tweak. I put it all back to the original configuration and fed the VUK balls while applying pressure on the VUK bracket through the open coin door. I don't recommend this for a newbie because the high voltage is turned on. Anyway, I noticed that the VUK worked better if I pulled it towards me and worse if I pushed it away. So it is more of a pitch problem on my machine. I literally bent the entire assembly to a more favorable pitch and started a game. MAGIC, it now works perfectly.

#3593 3 years ago
Quoted from drfrightner:

The best shooter rod ever made period... this shooter rod is amazing. Check it out on my machine. I would suggest everyone get it because it really puts your game over the top!
[quoted image]

Hey, I remember you. You're the one that bashed this game big time when it first came out. Did you have a change of heart? Pinside always remembers.

#3594 3 years ago

Don't address him and maybe he'll spare us from his 5000 word rants

#3595 3 years ago

I broke down and did the recommended Stern fix also but didn't like the results. The hits were inconsistent even after the tweak. I put it all back to the original configuration and fed the VUK balls while applying pressure on the VUK bracket through the open coin door. I don't recommend this for a newbie because the high voltage is turned on. Anyway, I noticed that the VUK worked better if I pulled it towards me and worse if I pushed it away. So it is more of a pitch problem on my machine. I literally bent the entire assembly to a more favorable pitch and started a game. MAGIC, it now works perfectly.

that is nuts! but glad its working.

#3596 3 years ago

Too bad the lexan solution didn't work out. That would have been the fanciest fix by far. Thanks for the nice project pics

#3597 3 years ago

The simplest solutions usually work the best! Glad you have you machine working properly.

#3598 3 years ago

I won’t have a chance to update / play my game game for a few days. What are your initial thoughts on 0.96? Any code issues so far?

#3599 3 years ago

So I went to try and reposition my crypt vuk and noticed the previous owner already moved it. I looked through the vuk exit and looked like it was off center towards the upper playfield. I moved it back to original position and it lined up perfectly. Works too good now and had to turn vuk power down to 210. If your having issues with it look down into vuk exit and make sure middle of plunger lines up with middle of vuk exit or the screw like in picture.

20200611_203747 (resized).jpg20200611_203747 (resized).jpg
#3600 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

So I went to try and reposition my crypt vuk and noticed the previous owner already moved it. I looked through the vuk exit and looked like it was off center towards the upper playfield. I moved it back to original position and it lined up perfectly. Works too good now and had to turn vuk power down to 210. If your having issues with it look down into vuk exit and make sure middle of plunger lines up with middle of vuk exit or the screw like in picture.
[quoted image]

You are lucky. Your VUK plunger is close to being centered with your VUK bracket. A lot of us don’t have that which makes getting the little bugger to work challenging.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 72 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/72?hl=lrrr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.