Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png
IMG20240320201857.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 362.
#3451 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

I’m wondering about if this game will be available at your local distributor in the near future? Stern has been gearing up for the production of a ton of TMNTs since (semi) reopening ... ST was in production soon after the release of 3lvira ... are they even going to make more of 3lvira?
Not trying to cause a panic, just posing the question of how supply and demand will work out when it gets closer to Halloween 2020.

Don’t panic. Still early in the license lifecycle. More are on the schedule for this year. I presume there will be a “last call” for dealer orders, but wouldn’t expect that until late next year at the earliest.

I would be stunned if you couldn’t buy a NIB Premium near Halloween this year.

#3452 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Word I heard is that Stern will be back to production at least to some degree in August. More Elviras are purportedly on the schedule.

Classic Game Rooms and Automated Services both had NIB Elvira premiums avail earlier this week for those who dont want to wait for the next run.

#3453 3 years ago

I had to choose which to grab first. This or TMNT. I chose this. Didn’t want to miss out. Better to be safe than sorry.

#3454 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

I had to choose which to grab first. This or TMNT. I chose this. Didn’t want to miss out. Better to be safe than sorry.

Congrats, you'll love it

#3455 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Welcome friend!

#3456 3 years ago

I want my ray gun to doooooooo something! Next code update has got to be any day now. This game is already so amazing - gets daily play by me and my spouse.

#3457 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I want my ray gun to doooooooo something! Next code update has got to be any day now. This game is already so amazing - gets daily play by me and my spouse.

It's only for those whose first name is Ray...

Rob

#3458 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Well the side blades clearly show "Ray Gun Rampage" so its coming!

art blades (resized).jpgart blades (resized).jpg
#3459 3 years ago

Mirror Blades arrived from Pinball Decals!
Little tip for installing. If you put double sided tape on first and leave the nonsticky top piece on.. just lift the one end up and put a tag on with masking tape.
I used soft face clamps to hold in place then screwed in bottom 3 screws then released claps and just used needle nose pliers to grab the tag and peal off the non sticky top layer then press against walls and all done ..made for very easy install.

Heres couple pics if I didn't explain that well..and a video. Oh the right orbit lamp is very visible in the mirror for those haunts that use it like Werewolf of washington.

IMG_7224 (resized).JPGIMG_7224 (resized).JPGIMG_7232 (resized).JPGIMG_7232 (resized).JPG

#3460 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Yes and Code will be completed.

#3461 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Well the side blades clearly show "Ray Gun Rampage" so its coming![quoted image]

Says it on the apron card too

#3462 3 years ago

Just in case any Elvira owners here might be in the market for a nice mousepad with a very comfortable built wrist rest ... er ... I meant built-IN wrist rest of course, check this out. There’s only three left in stock as of this post. Strangely enough a few moments ago they had four ...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BRC6784/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00

DD832161-D866-49B3-A6A3-DEC1FCADE674 (resized).jpegDD832161-D866-49B3-A6A3-DEC1FCADE674 (resized).jpeg
#3463 3 years ago

Can anyone give an old timer some advice on a few questions for Elvira HOH. I love the game, bought a new one a few weeks ago, but have some questions on playing it. I did update it to the latest code. Questions are, 1. how do you get the House turret to spin, 2. playing the game a spinning wheel on screen comes on some times and says hit the button, I press the flashing button and it seems nothing happens to stop the wheel, am I doing something wrong. 3. Is there a rule set I can print off somewhere that explains all the shots to make to advance to the higher levels.
Thanks for any help.

#3464 3 years ago
Quoted from spookydog:

Can anyone give an old timer some advice on a few questions for Elvira HOH. I love the game, bought a new one a few weeks ago, but have some questions on playing it. I did update it to the latest code. Questions are, 1. how do you get the House turret to spin, 2. playing the game a spinning wheel on screen comes on some times and says hit the button, I press the flashing button and it seems nothing happens to stop the wheel, am I doing something wrong. 3. Is there a rule set I can print off somewhere that explains all the shots to make to advance to the higher levels.
Thanks for any help.

The house only spins in certain modes, like house party. You can go into test mode to see if it’s working.

The button not working is an adjustment of the switch. Take the lock bar off, go into switch test mode and push on it to see if it registers. If it does, you’ll need to bend the switch up slightly.

#3465 3 years ago

There is a rule sheet here.
http://tiltforums.com/t/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-rulesheet-wip/5815

If you like a visual, I have many videos of game play. This is a recent highlight:

If you would like a live tutorial, join my chat the next time I stream. twitch.tv/pridepinball

Welcome to the club!

#3466 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

There is a rule sheet here.
http://tiltforums.com/t/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-rulesheet-wip/5815
If you like a visual, I have many videos of game play. This is a recent highlight:
If you would like a live tutorial, join my chat the next time I stream. twitch.tv/pridepinball
Welcome to the club!

Was literally watching this last night ! Very helpful and informative video. Much appreciated

#3467 3 years ago

Thanks for all advice given, much appreciated. Has anyone heard if their is a topper being made for Elvira HOH.

#3468 3 years ago
Quoted from spookydog:

Thanks for all advice given, much appreciated. Has anyone heard if their is a topper being made for Elvira HOH.

Yes, but still not available.

EHoH Topper (resized).pngEHoH Topper (resized).png
#3469 3 years ago

I noticed something when I watched HurryUpPinball's video on how to adjust the left orbit ball guide. On his machine the ball guides are adjustable on my LE they are not. It looks like the premiums have a channel cut in the mounting tabs of the ball guides while mine at least simply has holes drilled in them (there is no adjusting that).

#3470 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

[quoted image]

Is that the official stern topper? Any word on what it does?

#3471 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I noticed something when I watched HurryUpPinball's video on how to adjust the left orbit ball guide. On his machine the ball guides are adjustable on my LE they are not. It looks like the premiums have a channel cut in the mounting tabs of the ball guides while mine at least simply has holes drilled in them (there is no adjusting that).

wow, that stinks to be honest.

#3472 3 years ago

After watching Shawn's game i realize i just need to "play better"!

Damn sure need to get better control of the ball. But heck, i just like having fun.

I notice you follow through on every shot, just like shooting free throws in basketball

#3473 3 years ago
Quoted from chaz009:

Is that the official stern topper? Any word on what it does?

Stern has only ever posted the picture on the Insider page. No details.

#3474 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

[quoted image]

You know... I think this topper might be decent if you mod it.
I'm thinking... You could put Elvira lying on the stone slab. That would make it so much better. That's the only way I'd buy this topper is if I were to mod it. But, if its the same cost of the Jpark one... NO THANKS!

#3475 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

After watching Shawn's game i realize i just need to "play better"!
Damn sure need to get better control of the ball. But heck, i just like having fun.
I notice you follow through on every shot, just like shooting free throws in basketball

LOL. That was ONE game. Watch a full stream sometime. There are many more than that that are just horrible.
I used to be a bowler. Follow-through is important.

#3476 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I'm thinking... You could put Elvira lying on the stone slab. That would make it so much better. That's the only way I'd buy this topper is if I were to mod it. But, if its the same cost of the Jpark one... NO THANKS!

I think it's fine. I can't wait to get it. It would not surprise me if it were closer to the SW topper price. It also would not surprise me if connecting it unlocked a Dead Head.

(Let's not start any rumors or get into a heated discussion about my thoughts. I'm just saying nothing will surprise me. Well. Maybe if it were only $200 and the gargoyles transformed into boogie men. )

#3477 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

wow, that stinks to be honest.

It is only a problem if things aren't lined up. Mine seems good from the factory so I'm lucky.

#3478 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

It looks like there is a seam between the middle section and the two end sections. I wonder if the middle section flips backwards to reveal something on the bottom like a dead head skull maybe? Would be cool if it was a skull that was animated to move its mouth in sync with deadhead taunts.

Not sure how the thing would be lit unless the plastic is translucent and has LED's inside of it. Hopefully the topper budget is spent on a cool mechanical device vs just fancy lighting.

However the lighting on the homebrew topper with elvira on the couch and the backlit game logo looks great and fits the theme perfectly.

#3479 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

LOL. That was ONE game. Watch a full stream sometime. There are many more than that that are just horrible.
I used to be a bowler. Follow-through is important.

Well that game was epic! Bowler? I've got a 300 and 299 games to my credit. Dreaded ten pin on second one, perfect pocket shot. Many years ago.

Maybe there is hope for me yet with pinball!

#3480 3 years ago

Does anyone have pictures (or a link to pictures) of the Elvira cobweb side armor installed on a Premium?

I have to believe it looks fantastic.

#3481 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Does anyone have pictures (or a link to pictures) of the Elvira cobweb side armor installed on a Premium?
I have to believe it looks fantastic.

d7354ae0eac1b8dcf8f63b745c1a36ed72311788 (resized).jpgd7354ae0eac1b8dcf8f63b745c1a36ed72311788 (resized).jpg
#3482 3 years ago

Thanks, @macca101010!!!

It’s even better that I envisioned. Really like how the creepy hand now looks likes like it wants the skull spider for something ... maybe dinner!

#3483 3 years ago

didn't someone put the side armor on a Scared Stiff and it looked good? I can't remember if I saw that or not.. just got a rly nice SS and am loving it just as much as HoH. not as much to do, but more fun to shoot imo. Elvira pins are the titz.

#3484 3 years ago

Thanks for the share.

I don't think it's for me. Looks like Scrared Stiff tacked onto House of Horrors only because it can be done.

I'm not a fan of throwing mods on just because they exist.
Elvira (resized).jpgElvira (resized).jpg

#3485 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I'm not a fan of throwing mods on just because they exist.
[quoted image]

90% of pinside just rage blocked you

#3486 3 years ago

Can you pinsider's please tell me to default orientation of the turret? Mine is not square with house, & when I took it off to see if I could straighten, I forgot what image faces player at startup.

#3487 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

90% of pinside just rage blocked you

GOOD! LOL

#3488 3 years ago

The turret has an opto with a home position. Just throw it back on and it'll do the rest.

#3489 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

The turret has an opto with a home position. Just throw it back on and it'll do the rest.

I accidentally moved mine a little itty bit when I replaced the lane guides and it hasn't autocorrected itself. I might slightly nudge it back.

#3490 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I accidentally moved mine a little itty bit when I replaced the lane guides and it hasn't autocorrected itself. I might slightly nudge it back.

If you removed the house and the turret can't find home once assembled you may have broken the interupter. If the round opto board on the house is not level it will snap of the small plastic interupter.

I put two plastic washers on the screw mounts to keep the board level.

See differences between level and not level. And my broken plastic interuptor.
20200303_003301 (resized).jpg20200303_003301 (resized).jpg20200303_003518 (resized).jpg20200303_003518 (resized).jpg20200303_195327 (resized).jpg20200303_195327 (resized).jpg

#3491 3 years ago

I purchased my Elvira Premium 3 weeks ago and have played it almost every day since.

Last night, the left flipper started flaking out on me and when I looked under the playfield, there were "metal shavings" galore under the left flipper -- none under the right flipper.

This same shit happened to my DEADPOOL Pro (NIB) within the first month of my purchase a couple of years ago. At the time, they replaced the "bracket/coil stop" at the end of the coil and said that Stern used crappy brackets. Sigh. Worked fine after that.

Can someone confirm that this ELVIRA issue is likely the BRACKET again here? (thankfully I purchased 3 of them at the time, so I have some in stock at home)

I'm a newbie and have never replaced anything under the playfield but this one looks "easy", is it? (just remove the 3 screws off the previous bracket and replace with new one?)

#3492 3 years ago

It's the coil stop

#3493 3 years ago

Oh man the coil stops.

#3495 3 years ago

That's it. You can always hit Stern up for a warranty issue but the Pinball Life ones are better.

#3496 3 years ago

Hey guys, I just got some cliffy protectors for my LE as I was starting to see a little wear. I got everything installed, but the drop target edge. What's the best way to go about installing that one? Do I have to remove the whole mechanism?

#3497 3 years ago

I have seen some people in this thread having issues with balls getting stuck at launch under the metal flap behind the house. Just curious if anyone can guide me with a little more specific things you did to fix it? I have seen people simply bend it, but I dont want to over bend, etc. So just curious what others did.

#3498 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I purchased my Elvira Premium 3 weeks ago and have played it almost every day since.
Last night, the left flipper started flaking out on me and when I looked under the playfield, there were "metal shavings" galore under the left flipper -- none under the right flipper.
This same shit happened to my DEADPOOL Pro (NIB) within the first month of my purchase a couple of years ago. At the time, they replaced the "bracket/coil stop" at the end of the coil and said that Stern used crappy brackets. Sigh. Worked fine after that.
Can someone confirm that this ELVIRA issue is likely the BRACKET again here? (thankfully I purchased 3 of them at the time, so I have some in stock at home)
I'm a newbie and have never replaced anything under the playfield but this one looks "easy", is it? (just remove the 3 screws off the previous bracket and replace with new one?)

This has happened on all 3 of my NIB Stern pins (Deadpool, Jurassic Park, and Elvira). I always replace them with the coil stops from Pinball Life. It was the first thing I did after playing my first few games on Elvira. I made a video about it since it was such a common issue. I hope this helps.

#3499 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

I have seen some people in this thread having issues with balls getting stuck at launch under the metal flap behind the house. Just curious if anyone can guide me with a little more specific things you did to fix it? I have seen people simply bend it, but I dont want to over bend, etc. So just curious what others did.

Please disregard this, also I did the Stern VUK fix today, works 100 percent now! Very happy. Finicky little thing.

#3500 3 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

This has happened on all 3 of my NIB Stern pins (Deadpool, Jurassic Park, and Elvira). I always replace them with the coil stops from Pinball Life. It was the first thing I did after playing my first few games on Elvira. I made a video about it since it was such a common issue. I hope this helps.

Just ordered a bunch of coil stops for my games, I think ive just been lucky, but dont want to be dead in the water should they go.

Also, ive said it before but your how to vids are the absolute best. Super well explained, etc. I leave knowing exactly how to fix things (or at least it feels that way!). My wife and I were amazed at how good your son is, good to see kids playing.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,066 posts in this topic. You are on page 70 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/70?hl=diospinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.