IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 363.
#251 4 years ago

Yes mine is also playing the music in attract mode and will not stop. Also my shaker motor is not working anyone else having issues ? It’s set to on at max. Anyway to test it in the settings menu?

#252 4 years ago

I’ll check shaker tomorrow. Didn’t notice that with new code .84. Also my crypt door does not close all the way anymore. I damaged my rail trying to fix. A little frustrated at this point. That’s pinball!! Contacting Stern for the third time tomorrow. Lol. Game still looks and plays nice. So fun!!!

#253 4 years ago

This is strange territory for me, I am usually a lurker and not a poster, I have been reluctant to post my small issues only to see others post the same issues. It would be great to have someone from Stern to be able to post in the club forums to help us out. LTG does it on the JJP clubs, Stern should be able to provide the same service on their club threads. These are friendly threads and most of us are looking for technical help, tweaks, and tips. I am hoping Wakky can pass this along. I would really like to have someone from Stern to be able to help owners with questions.

Tom

#254 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

I’ll check shaker tomorrow. Didn’t notice that with new code .84. Also my crypt door does not close all the way anymore. I damaged my rail trying to fix. A little frustrated at this point. That’s pinball!! Contacting Stern for the third time tomorrow. Lol. Game still looks and plays nice. So fun!!!

It seems to be a common issue of the crypt not shutting all the way, mine is the same way..

#255 4 years ago

Stern guys are here, they are hiding/incognito. I can tell with almost absolute certainty based on terminology, suggestions, etc. that I have received from them via email. This is my opinion.

#256 4 years ago

I got to spend some time on elvira yesterday. Wow, feel bad for anyone who spent the money on this snooze fest. One munsters was enough and now this, ugh!

#257 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

I got to spend some time on elvira yesterday. Wow, feel bad for anyone who spent the money on this snooze fest. One munsters was enough and now this, ugh!

Lol what a tool

#258 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Well, as stated to you in the other EHOH discussion, to each their own...I know that I am loving this game and can't get enough of it...my son is home on leave and we played well past midnight. He loves it as well. This game has tons of potential, it is great as is but will certainly evolve into an absolute GEM!

#259 4 years ago

I wonder if the skill shot also relies on thhe Two pop bumper lanes that cycle. Like you have to time you plunge when those are lit + hit the sweet spot behind the house.

#260 4 years ago
Quoted from rvdv:

Any one noticed the Wolfman clip is unclear
Just a big white flash upon intro

Blame the filmmakers. If its the clip I think it is, its because of the lens glare/light shining right into the camera.

I actually like a lot of the clips they used to show the Werewolf of Washington. Almost makes the movie look fun... But, then I read the reviews and not even Dean Stockwell can save that turd.. .So its up to us to save Elvira from it.

#261 4 years ago

Friendly mod team reminder:

When someone is trolling a thread, especially a club thread, report them so we can eject them...do not quote them and argue with them.

#262 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Well, as stated to you in the other EHOH discussion, to each their own...I know that I am loving this game and can't get enough of it...my son is home on leave and we played well past midnight. He loves it as well. This game has tons of potential, it is great as is but will certainly evolve into an absolute GEM!

I was looking forward to this pin just like most of us for a long, time. Not as long as some people. Because, I only got deep into the hobby two years ago, but ever since I got into this hobby I've wanted this pin.
Then the deadflip stream was a kind of emotional gut punch. But, I thought about it, and I had faith in the theme, and the team.
First day playing it on the 2nd released code, I had a lot of grief, but I stuck with it.
And now playing this newest code, the game already is shaping up to be amazing. Still not there yet.

And one of the things I hope gets there. Is the final match animation.
I think it needs to be Elvira waving how she does and saying unpleasant dreams and then the camera zooms out of her house, the doors shut and then we see the house. And they have the numbers like the currently do.

That is the way to end the game. THE ONLY WAY. I hope, hope, hope they recorded her saying that line. because if they did, then they can easily do what I said above... They might already be planning it, just haven't implemented the effects in yet.

#264 4 years ago

He posted his same “opinion” in 2-3 other threads. Almost verbatim. This is an owners thread.

#266 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

This is strange territory for me, I am usually a lurker and not a poster, I have been reluctant to post my small issues only to see others post the same issues. It would be great to have someone from Stern to be able to post in the club forums to help us out. LTG does it on the JJP clubs, Stern should be able to provide the same service on their club threads. These are friendly threads and most of us are looking for technical help, tweaks, and tips. I am hoping wakky can pass this along. I would really like to have someone from Stern to be able to help owners with questions.
Tom

They did have Stern reps on pinside before. Then the Ghostbusters playfield gate happened. The End.
Still no word on our LE yet. Someone needs to highlight any repair tips in here.

#267 4 years ago

I think the issue is its an owners thread. Post was purely to piss people off. You see that, also if hes not an owner than why does he need to revisit this thread?

#268 4 years ago

I get it, but he goes to all the threads in relation to Elvira and posts it. It's like he's trying to bash someone's happiness in getting that pin. He did the same to all the Munsters' threads.

I swear, I think some people just roll out of bed each morning to figure out how to cause misery in other people's lives. I don't blame the moderators on this one.

#269 4 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Mine is a different problem I believe, as the ball is not getting stuck at all-- it passes through freely but does not register the shot. I left a message for Chas at Stern today, and hoping to get some guidance from him or someone here that understands what is happening. I believe there is an opto under the ramp, but I do not know how to get to it, and the service menu does not appear to have the option to test this switch.

An update and FYI to others that may have this issue: My genius pinball-tech brother wisefwumyogwave came over last night and found the problem in 5 minutes and easily fixed it. The spring on the up-post below the left ramp had escaped the c-clip that pushes the post upwards when the coil engages, and by simply reseating the spring again below the c-clip he fixed the problem. The post goes up and holds the ball for a moment when the ball goes into the space behind the drop target. In that moment the ball makes an opto which registers as a lock. Pre-fix the post wasn't going up high enough to stop the ball, and the ball was never hitting the opto which registered the lock.

#270 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

I get it, but he goes to all the threads in relation to Elvira and posts it. It's like he's trying to bash someone's happiness in getting that pin. He did the same to all the Munsters' threads.
I swear, I think some people just roll out of bed each morning to figure out how to cause misery in other people's lives. I don't blame the moderators on this one.

Don’t let it cause you misery, just ignore ftards like him. I don’t lose a second worrying about trollers or jerks. I just love pinball. I just laugh when I see sad people like that who have nothing better to do than be miserable for no reason, especially in the owners thread! The ignore feature is great!

#271 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

It seems to be a common issue of the crypt not shutting all the way, mine is the same way..

Spoke with Stern Tech on the crypt acting up
And they were very helpful
There is a small screw that holds the motor to a plate that loosens
Loosen the screw and Move the motor upward
A bit worked for me , playing like a charm
Even though it does not quit line up the door being closed yet , but at least I’m playing

#272 4 years ago
Quoted from mnpinball:

The lock gate has a spring steel small flap on it, give it a little bend up or tweak up for less resistance and you should be fine our local operator actually removed that.

That was it. Game is playing great now. The last little code bump really upped the fun factor. No more resets.

#273 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Yeah I'm absolutely loving it, so much so that I think I may sell my Scared Stiff. I have to say the new games Stern is putting out are just plain awesome. The deadhead door doesn't totally close on mine as others have mentioned, but funny I didn't even notice it until it was brought up here. I'm just gonna leave it because in normal play I don't even notice.

I'm still trying to sort out the super skill shot, I swear sometimes I've timed it perfectly behind the house to where it takes seconds for it to complete the loop, but it still doesn't go in. I've hit it 3 times so far but kinda randomly, it rewards a bunch of points and advances the current haunt. Maybe I need to shoot it up there slow and nudge the machine a bunch when the ball is near the back of the house, maybe that would coax it into the skill shot.

#274 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Yeah I'm absolutely loving it, so much so that I think I may sell my Scared Stiff. I have to say the new games Stern is putting out are just plain awesome. The deadhead door doesn't totally close on mine as others have mentioned, but funny I didn't even notice it until it was brought up here. I'm just gonna leave it because in normal play I don't even notice.
I'm still trying to sort out the super skill shot, I swear sometimes I've timed it perfectly behind the house to where it takes seconds for it to complete the loop, but it still doesn't go in. I've hit it 3 times so far but kinda randomly, it rewards a bunch of points and advances the current haunt. Maybe I need to shoot it up there slow and nudge the machine a bunch when the ball is near the back of the house, maybe that would coax it into the skill shot.

Old and dated SS compared to this?

Yep, Stern is crushing it

#275 4 years ago

I'm looking for a Scared Stiff. If you decide to sell it and are willing to ship...

Stern is putting out games that are just plain fun.

My crypt gate doesn't close all the way, either, but I'm not worried about it.

The Backdoor shot is tough. You have to plunge the ball hard enough to get it past the gate behind the house, but not so hard as it comes around the orbit.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#276 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I'm looking for a Scared Stiff. If you decide to sell it and are willing to ship...

Well mine is immaculate, like new basically and fully modded so I can prolly get much more having a local distributor sell it rather than on Pinside where it's more hobby pricing, so I'll prolly bring him the machine at some point and let him sell it for me.

Quoted from SKWilson:

The Backdoor shot is tough. You have to plunge the ball hard enough to get it past the gate behind the house, but not so hard as it comes around the orbit.

Man I've tried! Thing is, I can get it fairly often from the left ramp during game play, where it then just spits it out the front door with no reward. It's weird that it's much easier from the left when I'm not even trying for it, makes me wonder if the door is sometimes closed for some reason? Or maybe you are supposed to hold a flipper down like with Black Knight to enable the super skill shot and then the back door remains open?

#277 4 years ago

Well mine is immaculate, like new basically and fully modded so I can prolly get much more having a local distributor sell it rather than on Pinside where it's more hobby pricing, so I'll prolly bring him the machine at some point and let him sell it for me.

Man I've tried! Thing is, I can get it fairly often from the left ramp during game play, where it then just spits it out the front door with no reward. It's weird that it's much easier from the left when I'm not even trying for it, makes me wonder if the door is sometimes closed for some reason? Or maybe you are supposed to hold a flipper down like with Black Knight to enable the super skill shot and then the back door remains open?

If you figure it out please post...I haven’t even hit it on accident.

#278 4 years ago

It's enabled at the start of each ball (or after a locked ball). I still have to look at my diverter, so next time I have the glass off, I will look and see what's really going on back there.

If you have a price in mind for your SS, shoot me a pm and some pics.

#279 4 years ago

Got Sgt Jarhead for first time
Like the call outs from him

“ he Loves f..ng pain”

Keep the updates coming , this game is a blast

#280 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

These are friendly threads and most of us are looking for technical help, tweaks, and tips.

#281 4 years ago

Had an LE day 1. Gave it up because of concern over the playfield clear issues.

Saw the LE cabinet at Stern - beautiful. Saw the Premium cabinet at Expo. Not a fan.

My distributor didn’t have any more LEs and didn’t expect to get any more (no surprise)

Found an available LE this morning and took it. Hope the playfield won’t be an issue.

I have a CQ Elvira and Scared Stiff and will have the trilogy together soon!

#282 4 years ago

Played a couple of premiums at expo. Liked it. There were two issues and wondering if it’s common. The first was balls flying off the left ramp into the outlanes and drain, I think because it’s hitting the crate. The second was rejects to the ball lock in the house (left side).

#283 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Played a couple of premiums at expo. Liked it. There were two issues and wondering if it’s common. The first was balls flying off the left ramp into the outlanes and drain, I think because it’s hitting the crate. The second was rejects to the ball lock in the house (left side).

I haven't had the "Flying Ball" issue yet but have had several rejects from the Garage ball lock...unless the ball is traveling slow into the lock...a straight, high speed shot from the right flipper occasionally, about a third of the time+ ends up rejected.

#284 4 years ago

Trying to figure out why the shaker motor is not engaging on the LE. Anyone have any thoughts what I should check. It’s set to max use and It does t seem to be engaging. At what points during the game should it be engaging?

#286 4 years ago

Did you remove the packing materials from under the playfield? There are a couple foam pads and zip ties that keep the Gar-Goils from moving during shipping.

#287 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Did you remove the packing materials from under the playfield? There are a couple foam pads and zip ties that keep the Gar-Goils from moving during shipping.

Yeah, I’m an idiot I found that and cut them off now it’s working. Still don’t know what I have to do to get the shaker moving. It went off once and only during a gar goil mode other than that nothing so far.

#288 4 years ago
Quoted from DJNOEL30:

Yeah, I’m an idiot I found that and cut them off now it’s working. Still don’t know what I have to do to get the shaker moving. It went off once and only during a gar goil mode other than that nothing so far.

The shaker doesn't have a lot of code, however mine fires when completing haunts and usually during super jackpots in multiball.

#289 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Had that problem with my LE recently. Took a look and just discovered the screws holding the top of the trunk was loose, so I tightened them all up and it works perfectly now. No sweat and an easy fix.

#290 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The shaker doesn't have a lot of code, however mine fires when completing haunts and usually during super jackpots in multiball.

I get nothing on Super Jackpots, the only time it has fire is after multiple shots on the gar goils. Lack of code makes sense, hopefully that will be fixed soon.

#291 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I created an airball deflector and ramp cover
Its in the shop

#292 4 years ago

A few machines out of order at expo already ... Hope it's not related to damage from two days of use

Correction: only one machine looks to be out of order.

#293 4 years ago

Played last night at the expo. Stunning in person, light show on the house with the modes is awesome. It’s a easy shooter compared to other games like Jurassic Park. Nonetheless, very rewarding from the distance to all of the shots to the back of the playfield, it just works. I found the game to be a blast to play. I want to get one. I have no doubt the code will be on par with Lyman.

My only criticism, I did not like was the floating dead heads. I love the intro announcement to them and how they are. I just feel they should be to the side in the picture frame, taunting you with their animation and call outs.

#294 4 years ago

I have LE #29. I like the way it shoots and we know Lyman will make it awesome. My only complaint so far is that i get rejects from the Garage usually (the u turn to lock the balls behind the drop target).

#295 4 years ago

Check your coin door wiring. It was probably an anomaly on my game but I noticed that the harness was so tight that it had rubbed through the cover. Luckily I caught it before any wires shorted. Don’t know when they stopped doing it but they no longer put a heavy duty rubber cover over that bend.

AC048709-99E8-4070-8156-08D26FFCBC4A (resized).jpegAC048709-99E8-4070-8156-08D26FFCBC4A (resized).jpeg
#296 4 years ago

I have LE #135.
Received today and can't stop playing

#297 4 years ago

LE #338 reporting in! I got mine setup last night and played a few games this morning. The game is a lot of fun once you get into it. I got halfway through the haunts on the house. That’s as far as I’ve gotten. Here’s my high score so far.

8AA5590C-5462-4FC7-8545-327D8EFD3538 (resized).jpeg8AA5590C-5462-4FC7-8545-327D8EFD3538 (resized).jpegE0CA71EC-9A2C-45FB-A0D5-2EFD2C7B9824 (resized).jpegE0CA71EC-9A2C-45FB-A0D5-2EFD2C7B9824 (resized).jpeg
#298 4 years ago

Spoke to Greg at length tonight at Expo. He indicated the deadheads are going to morph into more of a hurry up shot construct.

#299 4 years ago
Quoted from PoppyCock:

Hearing this is surprising? I’ve reached out to a lot of owners not one thumbs down ? Had to have the trio
Going to set up 166 Sunday !

#300 4 years ago

Spent some time on this pin last week, was really hoping to like it but I was very disappointed.
EATPM is a much better pin.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

12,900 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

18,500 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/6?hl=djnoel30 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.