EHoH1 (resized).jpg
EHoH2 (resized).jpg
EHoH3 (resized).jpg
IMG_1854 (resized).jpeg
IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 362.
#3301 3 years ago

Yet to be seen. I'd love it if they made each way the turret faces a different set but right now there's no reason to suspect it wont be what we have now and maybe another unlockable one or two.

#3302 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I think they said there were 18 movies they had access to. So wouldnt you have multiple haunts (and thus multiple colors) per window?
I dont own the game (but it's on my short list) so I'm just going on memory from playing it at Expo last year.

The movies are used in more than just the haunts - they are in the multiballs, Gappa Angry! mini-wizard mode, the several modes you get as consolation prizes when you drain on Gappa Angry. There's a lot going on

#3303 3 years ago

It's almost the end of the month! Will we see a further update?

#3304 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

The movies are used in more than just the haunts - they are in the multiballs, Gappa Angry! mini-wizard mode, the several modes you get as consolation prizes when you drain on Gappa Angry. There's a lot going on

So with current code, six haunts in six windows? Plus the secret locked haunts for Santa and Dracula?

#3305 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

yes. that same one failed on my game the first time I played it, but I was able to get the pin back in and it has since held. I think there was someone else in this thread who also reported they had the same one fail.

Are these identical to the leaper brackets used in Scared Stiff? I'm wondering if the top screw coming loose has a detrimental effect of allowing the bracket to twist which causes more stress on the hinge pin.

Rob

#3306 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone have that Stern Elvira shooter rod on their game? Curious how it actually looks mounted to the game. Standalone it sure doesn't seem to mesh... but I have been surprised before

I get it tomorrow, will post pics this weekend.

#3307 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

So with current code, six haunts in six windows? Plus the secret locked haunts for Santa and Dracula?

9th is Giant Gila Monster thats part of the secret window

Only time I've gotten Dracula to show up is when I got the key first and activated secret window before any other window.
Could have just been random luck..but made me wonder if the order matters

#3308 3 years ago

ya just tried a quick game.. Locked ball in trunk and got the key as reward first window to activate was secret window and it was Satanic Rites of Dracula
thats third time.. anyone else want to see if that works for them too?

#3309 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I dont own the game (but it's on my short list)

You need a shorter list ...

Doc’s new list:
1. Elvira’s House of Horrors
- no other title matters until #1 acquired

#3310 3 years ago

yeah come on doc get with the program

#3311 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

ya just tried a quick game.. Locked ball in trunk and got the key as reward first window to activate was secret window and it was Satanic Rites of Dracula
thats third time.. anyone else want to see if that works for them too?

Yes. Worked for me.

#3312 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Are these identical to the leaper brackets used in Scared Stiff? I'm wondering if the top screw coming loose has a detrimental effect of allowing the bracket to twist which causes more stress on the hinge pin.
Rob

I haven't start to search through here just yet but wanted to see what the feedback has been on the gargoyle targets. Mine are twisting and causing the gargoyles to stick and the target switch is not registering all of the time. One seems to just stop registering altogether. I haven't pulled these apart to really look them over but the top screw is tightened as best as can be yet same twist once the ball hits it off center.

I'd be interested in a fix for these. They really shouldn't twist at all.

#3313 3 years ago

So I just noticed my left flipper is feeling weak..if I do a full plunge and ball sweaps around orbit and hits flipper in middle or towards end you can see the flipper deflect back about half way. a fast rebound that hits the end it seems like theres no strength to holding the flipper up..
edit: also the clack noise when you flip is only there if theres no ball on the flipper now..when theres a ball its deadened.

Should i take this question to the tech subformum or is Here ok since its this table?
I can post a quick video demonstrating what its doing if that would help(sorry fun of being a first time owner all the little quirks LOL)

#3314 3 years ago

I love that Elvira shows up in a small picture frame as well. Ideally when you cancel the large video segment with her, she should go into the picture frame off to the side. I've only see this once so I don't know what the actual behavior is.

#3315 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Yes. Worked for me.

Awesome
I wonder if its as simple as 3 haunts for the secret window to cover the three states.
1. No existing haunts started=Dracula
2. First haunt on left side of house started= Santa
3. First Haunt on right side of house started = Giant Gila Monster

or something to that effect.

#3316 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

So I just noticed my left flipper is feeling weak..

First thing to check is if the coil stop on your left flipper is broken. Stern’s coil stops for the last few years have been crap. I put new ones on Elvira before I played a game on it ...

#3317 3 years ago

Not looking good for a May code drop.

#3318 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

First thing to check is if the coil stop on your left flipper is broken. Stern’s coil stops for the last few years have been crap. I put new ones on Elvira before I played a game on it ...

ok thanks for the tip! will check that next

#3319 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Rob

They are not the same at all - the SS leapers are a round rod, not a flat blade shape. The mounts are comprised of 2 slotted pieces which can get out of alignment. After lining them up and tightening the screw quite a bit, I finally added a drop of silicone grease to each one. Now they actually “leap” consistently

#3320 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I haven't looked at moving the crypt yet but being that I'm having the issue with the stuck balls on the right side of that pop I might try wallowing out the holes in the pop assembly and see if I can kill two birds with one stone.

Stuck balls could mean the ball is sitting on a mylar edge. Strangely enough, I had that happen on the right outlane where mylar is not needed, but it's there anyhow.

I also had a ball get stuck in the crypt on my last game. The head of the skull is rubbing against the top of the crypt door so I'm not sure if I need to intervene with that or not. I'm curious if there's any assembly anomalies with this thing.

20200523_164859 (1) (resized).jpg20200523_164859 (1) (resized).jpg
#3321 3 years ago

The drive me crazy mode is currently the one weak part of the game imo. Odd choice for a shooter rod.
Maybe I just don’t like that clown. Lol

#3322 3 years ago

PinMonk on further inspection the windows are colored yellow / orange by the plastics so I think the only solution would be an entirely new plastic set for the front of the house.

20200528_180758.jpg20200528_180758.jpg
#3323 3 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

The drive me crazy mode is currently the one weak part of the game imo. Odd choice for a shooter rod.
Maybe I just don’t like that clown. Lol

Drive Me Crazy and UnHappy Hour seem kind of the same to me, just different shots of course. Not really relevant to the rest of the game in terms of gaining other benefits that I am aware of. It appears you can keep them going indefinitely if you keep making the shots, so they are probably good to stack with a multiball. I kind of like the car crashes in Drive Me Crazy

Rob

#3324 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

vireland on further inspection the windows are colored yellow / orange by the plastics so I think the only solution would be an entirely new plastic set for the front of the house.
[quoted image]

Might still be do-able, depending on what the target colors are. I'll see if I can find an exploded view of the house.

#3325 3 years ago

I requested a replacement gargoyle popper bracket and got a response from Stern they will send one out. I also asked about the side of the house and was told both versions of the side of the house are considered acceptable by their engineering department so they won't send me that. If mine breaks as others have, I'll pursue it again.

Rob

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3326 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ok I made a quick video. It looks like there is something wrong with the left flipper plate..based on some rebuild videos this shouldn't move..its like its come apart.

So this pin is about a month old.. Im guessing that will still be a warranty issue. Gonna reach out to distributer

Thanks again for the tip where to look.

#3327 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

Ok I made a quick video. It looks like there is something wrong with the left flipper plate..based on some rebuild videos this shouldn't move..its like its come apart.
So this pin is about a month old.. Im guessing that will still be a warranty issue. Gonna reach out to distributer

That's the bad coil stop issue others had mentioned. Call stern and they will send you a replacement - or get them from Pinball Life as the PBL ones are made slightly different, and have not had the same issue.

#3328 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

That’s the coil stop and it’s broken. Your distributor should be able to get you a replacement. I’d ask for extras because it will probably happen to the other flipper eventually. I’ve had to replace three coil stops so far between my Elvira and JP.

#3329 3 years ago

ok awesome thanks for the feedback, looks like thats the issue. I'll ask to buy a few spares too if they have them.
Any other parts the fail quickly i should ask to buy spares for too for this table?

#3330 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

ok awesome thanks for the feedback, looks like thats the issue. I'll ask to buy a few spares too if they have them.

It took a while to get replacements from Stern so I bought a few spares from pinball life. When it first happened I borrowed a coil stop from another Stern pin so I could keep playing Elvira.

#3331 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

Any other parts the fail quickly i should ask to buy spares for too for this table?

Call Adam at Player 1 he stocks them, or Tommy at Nitro.

#3332 3 years ago

So i emailed Adam(he's who I bought it from)
I decided to take apart and see what I could do in the interim
Heres video of the part taken off. I think they have a manufacturing issue..it looks to me that the press isn't calibrated properly to mushroom the Brass end(think thats brass)

found an old punch and spare hitch to support it( i miss having a good workbench LOL) downstairs and decided to see what I could do.

after seems like it will hold temporarily at least.

Tested and it seems to do the trick..tho i have no idea if it will last.

IMG_7194 (resized).JPGIMG_7194 (resized).JPG
#3333 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

So i emailed Adam(he's who I bought it from)
I decided to take apart and see what I could do in the interim
Heres video of the part taken off. I think they have a manufacturing issue..it looks to me that the press isn't calibrated properly to mushroom the Brass end(think thats brass)
found an old punch and spare hitch to support it( i miss having a good workbench LOL) downstairs and decided to see what I could do.
after seems like it will hold temporarily at least.
Tested and it seems to do the trick..tho i have no idea if it will last. [quoted image]

Nothing like some good old yankee ingenuity from a Canadian. I like it!

#3334 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Nothing like some good old yankee ingenuity from a Canadian. I like it!

Thank you kind Sir

#3335 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

Yup. Coil stop.

Nice fix.

But Stern must still have a gazillion of these bad coil stops. Put in some good quality ones and they will probably last as long as you own the game.

#3336 3 years ago

Ignorant question, but what are the symptoms of a bad coil stop ?

#3337 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

DO NOT pay for the Stern brand coil stops, they're crap. You can probably get a few free as warranty replacement, but they will do the same thing as Stern has been pushing out crap coil stops for the last few years.

Save yourself the future headaches and just get the $4.95 pinball life ones that actually LAST.

https://www.pinballlife.com/flipper-coil-stop-for-sternsega.html

#3338 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Ignorant question, but what are the symptoms of a bad coil stop ?

"Gold dust" in the cabinet beneath the coil areas. Loss of flipper power. Flipper sticking up or sluggish returning to home.

#3339 3 years ago

I like it! Ha ha!

3D133EA8-E4ED-4447-ACAF-604E538954A9 (resized).jpeg3D133EA8-E4ED-4447-ACAF-604E538954A9 (resized).jpegB6884F41-3882-4C9F-AA60-12F3933CACF6 (resized).jpegB6884F41-3882-4C9F-AA60-12F3933CACF6 (resized).jpeg
#3340 3 years ago

is the clown from one of the Elvira hosted movies? or just in the drive-me crazy mode?

#3341 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

is the clown from one of the Elvira hosted movies? or just in the drive-me crazy mode?

I can’t tell. It’s upside down. LOL

#3342 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I can’t tell. It’s upside down. LOL

It was driving me crazy too...

Here are his pictures in the correct orientation.

00a2e5784177ec7f9e83c4026121a06482ed3888.jpeg00a2e5784177ec7f9e83c4026121a06482ed3888.jpeg70148c5f778c325483c52a5a2f891a6ab6955834.jpeg70148c5f778c325483c52a5a2f891a6ab6955834.jpeg
#3343 3 years ago

Sorry idk why it posted them sideways

#3344 3 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Sorry idk why it posted them sideways

Pinside now has a feature to rotate pictures before saving your message. Very handy!

Rob

#3345 3 years ago

Joined the club today!! Never got a chance to play it. Just bought off recommendations and I am glad I did, I one more gamed it till 4am. Loving this game! Bought the last LE I could find. (the one from ebay)

1B42E05A-BF29-4B64-ABA7-0E428B096B54 (resized).jpeg1B42E05A-BF29-4B64-ABA7-0E428B096B54 (resized).jpeg
#3346 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

Joined the club today!! Never got a chance to play it. Just bought off recommendations and I am glad I did, I one more gamed it till 4am. Loving this game! Bought the last LE I could find. (the one from ebay)
[quoted image]

Congratulations! Welcome to the club!

#3347 3 years ago

Thanks for the shooter rod photo! It’s so wacky I kinda like it. Might have to pick that up.

Now where’s the topper!!??

#3348 3 years ago
Quoted from Charliew65:

[quoted image]

Grats! Its such a fun game.
That is the duo to end all duos. my number #1 and #2 pick

#3349 3 years ago

Kitty from Scared Stiff couldn’t be left behind...

6540765B-2181-4D35-9F60-4D40578C79F1 (resized).jpeg6540765B-2181-4D35-9F60-4D40578C79F1 (resized).jpeg
#3350 3 years ago

That's adorable. Where is that on scared stiff? We used to have one at the club but it's been a while.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,090 posts in this topic. You are on page 67 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/67?hl=indusguys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.