Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png
IMG20240320201857.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,040 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 361.
#3251 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

If you have glare glass on your game. Glare glass is just a coating on the glass and is thin. Im a little worried that frequent strikes will wear the coating down.

Stern anti reflective glass is only coated on the top. I think only PDI has multiple coatings.

#3252 3 years ago

Thinking of joining the club. Love Elvira and my Scared Stiff pin.

Quick question: I haven't watched any game streams since early on (early code). One thing I felt was missing were more call outs from Elvira (I love all the double entendre in the Sacred Stiff call outs). Is there more of this in newer code?

Thanks!

#3253 3 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Quick question: I haven't watched any game streams since early on (early code). One thing I felt was missing were more call outs from Elvira (I love all the double entendre in the Sacred Stiff call outs). Is there more of this in newer code?
Thanks!

Its quickly becoming the best audio package on any pin to date. imo.

#3254 3 years ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Thanks!

I do think it has some of the best callouts in pinball. However, its not as dirty as I'd like. There is a little bit of naughtiness in it. "These guys are really stiff... Hey, I'm talking about their acting!!!!"

So... it is there. Just not as much as I was hoping. But, really the callouts are very good and varied. I do hope there are still a few more that haven't been implemented yet.

And I"m still hoping for a match video of unpleasant dreams.

#3255 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

#3256 3 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I do think it has some of the best callouts in pinball. However, its not as dirty as I'd like. There is a little bit of naughtiness in it. "These guys are really stiff... Hey, I'm talking about their acting!!!!"
So... it is there. Just not as much as I was hoping. But, really the callouts are very good and varied. I do hope there are still a few more that haven't been implemented yet.

There probably are - the last update (or 2 maybe) added additional callouts which had not been used before. Not sure if there is accompanying video

#3257 3 years ago

There are at least 5 times the amount of call outs so far on HOH than scared stiff. I had scared stiff and it only lasted a couple of months because it was so shallow by rules and there was just not nearly enough call outs. Not to mention they've got a ways to go with the ruleset so there will be plenty more call-outs

#3258 3 years ago
Quoted from wolfy:

There are at least 5 times the amount of call outs so far on HOH than scared stiff. I had scared stiff and it only lasted a couple of months because it was so shallow by rules and there was just not nearly enough call outs. Not to mention they've got a ways to go with the ruleset so there will be plenty more call-outs

No doubt.

And some of the callouts that I hated. I've learned to love and actually realize that there are some stinkers in teh callouts for scared stiff too. Sometimes we think back and remember more fondly the past. I love scared stiff.... I would like to buy one. But, at 7k.... Ouch...

I use to hate teh PHEW! ball save callout. I think there is two of them. I think there is a callout where she just says phew and then another where its phew that was close.
And I just thought it was a bad reading, or maybe a stupid idea for a callout. Until one day I drained the ball during ball save time, and both me and Elivra said PHEW! at the same time. And then I was like... Okay... Its a good callout.

And really there are a lot of fun ones. Night of the living dead mode has some of my favorite ones. Love the yeah, yeah, let me stand next to your fire!
Just a whole lot of personality in this game. And its getting better and better as it goes on.

And one thing I think that cannot be stressed enough. The callouts have energy, but they don't resort to just screaming and shouting like how a lot of pinball callouts can be. Nothing wrong with screaming and shouting. Some of the best all time callouts have been shout outs! But, not a lot of shouting in this pin.

#3260 3 years ago

I own both.

I didn’t expect it to win this battle despite the fact that it IS the better game.

Too many people panned it on the early code, including myself. .93 REALLY brought this game alive!

#3261 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I own both.
I didn’t expect it to win this battle despite the fact that it IS the better game.
Too many people panned it on the early code, including myself. .93 REALLY brought this game alive!

Better game sure... Even I agree to that. But, not the better game for me. Elvira is the better game for me. Better theme, better art package and callouts. Just more fun for me and my home.

#3262 3 years ago

the blood drip plastics take Elvira to a whole new level. thx MrCleanHead

20200524_221129 (resized).jpg20200524_221129 (resized).jpg
#3263 3 years ago

It has been great being in quarantine with Elvira.
58F1A71E-0496-4E91-B269-BA46AAC72412 (resized).jpeg58F1A71E-0496-4E91-B269-BA46AAC72412 (resized).jpeg

#3264 3 years ago

Is there a good solution to repair this or stop it from getting worse?

IMG_20200525_185341 (resized).jpgIMG_20200525_185341 (resized).jpg
#3265 3 years ago

Patch it with quikwood, clear over it and put a cliffy on top. I think Stern will prob just send you a clear repair kit which depending how deep the damage is may or may not get you right.

#3266 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

[quoted image]

I turned down the trough power to about 160 that seemed to help with stopping the damage so far.

#3267 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

[quoted image]

I just added a cliffy set to my game the other day to prevent damage. Was kind of a pain to install, actually, numerous screws and nuts to remove.

IMG_20200525_192403 (resized).jpgIMG_20200525_192403 (resized).jpg
#3268 3 years ago

Great tips! Thanks! I feel like I've probably had a handful of first time owner questions that have likely been answered a hundred times somewhere on this forum, and so far everyone has been super helpful!

#3269 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Great tips! Thanks! I feel like I've probably had a handful of first time owner questions that have likely been answered a hundred times somewhere on this forum, and so far everyone has been super helpful!

Yeah, lower the default trough eject power and get Cliffys. I always lay down some mylar as well. Cliffys are a must with any game, IMO.

#3270 3 years ago

Best mod ever. All the games he's saving...

#3271 3 years ago

Put down the money. Mine comes in August. Sold pirates to get this and a NGG. really love NGG actually! Elvira May even be better (none available for me to try out). Looking forward to it.

#3272 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Put down the money. Mine comes in August. Sold pirates to get this and a NGG. really love NGG actually! Elvira May even be better (none available for me to try out). Looking forward to it.

What is NGG?

#3273 3 years ago

No Good Gofers

#3274 3 years ago
Quoted from Hawks:

No Good Gofers

Wrong thread to talk about it, but I’m finding it a very pleasant filler until EHOH arrives.

#3275 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Wrong thread to talk about it, but I’m finding it a very pleasant filler until EHOH arrives.

NGG is a very underrated game. Too bad the code was never finished. A fast, fun (and funny) game.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3276 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

NGG is a very underrated game. Too bad the code was never finished. A fast, fun (and funny) game.

It would be nice when somebody could do unofficial upgrades for NGG, like applejuice did for RFM, IJ4, WW and many others

#3277 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

The code is 'finished' in that all the features are there, it's just buggy as fuck. Fun for home play but wouldn't use in competition.

#3278 3 years ago

So... who's excited for this weeks' code update?

(Wanted to get back to EHoH. )

#3279 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

So... who's excited for this weeks' code update?
(Wanted to get back to EHoH. )

Me, of course!

#3280 3 years ago

I am! Still so many things to be added!

#3281 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I am! Still so many things to be added!

There certainly is!

1317549A-5631-4B02-9A10-4D50B8DADA42 (resized).jpeg1317549A-5631-4B02-9A10-4D50B8DADA42 (resized).jpeg
#3282 3 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

There certainly is![quoted image]

I bet he's saving that for 1.0!

#3283 3 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

There certainly is![quoted image]

Still really curious Wtf that is.

Also.. no final Wizard mode yet

#3284 3 years ago

Or super head shot, or trunk items! So much good stuff still to go!

#3285 3 years ago

Still no "eeaagh" haunt and he is so prominent on the backglass, same as the two headed guy.

#3286 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Still no "eeaagh" haunt and he is so prominent on the backglass, same as the two headed guy.

Just saw the "EEAAGH" movie this weekend on the shout factory "MST3K live channel" via Roku. Pretty ridiculous movie, but great MST3K episode, highly reommended. Will be interesting to see what aspects of the movie Lyman picks for that haunt.

I know we'll never see an official MST3K pin, but Elvira is pretty much the same thing with boobs.

#3287 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

The two headed guy is the Manster.

But, there is still so much to be coded. It'll all be there in the game. And it will be glorious!

#3288 3 years ago

Has anyone changed the lights in the house to match the colors the inserts light up for that mode? For instance, the window for "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" would light up pink or "Manster" window would light up teal. I'm just wondering how much effort that would be or if it's something that's possible.

#3289 3 years ago

Anyone have that Stern Elvira shooter rod on their game? Curious how it actually looks mounted to the game. Standalone it sure doesn't seem to mesh... but I have been surprised before

#3290 3 years ago

Has anyone had a leaper bracket fail yet? One on my game failed last night where most of the crimped end was missing. I didn't have anything suitable to replace the hinge pin so I re-used the existing pin and hammered what was left of the bad end flat. It should hold until I can get a replacement.

I also recommend a lock washer on the top screw that secures the bracket in place.

Rob

20200527_114219 (resized).jpg20200527_114219 (resized).jpg20200528_005033 (resized).jpg20200528_005033 (resized).jpg

#3291 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Has anyone had a leaper bracket fail yet? One on my game failed last night where most of the crimped end was missing. I didn't have anything suitable to replace the hinge pin so I re-used the existing pin and hammered what was left of the bad end flat. It should hold until I can get a replacement.
Rob
[quoted image][quoted image]

yes. that same one failed on my game the first time I played it, but I was able to get the pin back in and it has since held. I think there was someone else in this thread who also reported they had the same one fail.

#3292 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Has anyone changed the lights in the house to match the colors the inserts light up for that mode? For instance, the window for "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" would light up pink or "Manster" window would light up teal. I'm just wondering how much effort that would be or if it's something that's possible.

Impossible? Probably not. They are not bulbs, however. They are circuit boards with SMDs similar to the ones that illuminate the house.

#3293 3 years ago

Easiest play would be to use colored gels like has been done with IMDN etc. This is a great idea. Who did that one with the 3d printed brackets, @vireland?

#3294 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Easiest play would be to use colored gels like has been done with IMDN etc. This is a great idea.

Does the haunts appear in the same window every time or do they move around?

#3295 3 years ago

Each window has an associated haunt unless I'm mistaken, which I could be. It was def that way on older code at least. I keep telling myself to remember which is which and it immediately leaves my brain. Would have to make some choices like what color for the center (party multiball: red?) And the right window (unlocked modes. Could go red / green for santa etc).

#3296 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Easiest play would be to use colored gels like has been done with IMDN etc. This is a great idea. Who did that one with the 3d printed brackets, vireland?

Yeah, I can do that. The hardest part is getting the colors chosen. I'm also not sure what the mounting situation is inside the house facade. I'll look into it...

#3297 3 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone have that Stern Elvira shooter rod on their game? Curious how it actually looks mounted to the game. Standalone it sure doesn't seem to mesh... but I have been surprised before

I'll be getting my shooter rod shortly and will post pics if someone else hasn't already.

I was also torn on if it would mesh. Won't know until I put it on. When I first saw pics of the shooter I was like "huh?" until I realized it was the clown in Drive Me Crazy.

#3298 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Does the haunts appear in the same window every time or do they move around?

same window, and you can change the active one with the flipper button

#3299 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I also recommend a lock washer on the top screw that secures the bracket in place.
Rob
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not the bracket, but I did have a leaper fly off a bunch of times - finally had to epoxy the rod to his butt

#3300 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

same window, and you can change the active one with the flipper button

I think they said there were 18 movies they had access to. So wouldnt you have multiple haunts (and thus multiple colors) per window?

I dont own the game (but it's on my short list) so I'm just going on memory from playing it at Expo last year.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
11,855 (OBO)
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

12,900 (OBO)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

18,500 (OBO)
$ 12.95
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 188.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Maine Home Recreation

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

There are 18,040 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 361.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/66?hl=billypilgrim and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.