• Also own Elvira and the Party Monsters 20 votes
    8%
  • Also own Scared Stiff 61 votes
    23%
  • I own all three now! 30 votes
    11%

(264 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 923 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

1B1C36FE-6A9E-4169-8C51-957B0BA97ACB (resized).jpeg
15974657080207544627642219672782 (resized).jpg
51P3ZXN9H1L._AC_SL1500_ (resized).jpg
l16009 (resized).jpg
l16008 (resized).jpg
l16007 (resized).jpg
l16006 (resized).jpg
l16005 (resized).jpg
l16001 (resized).jpg
facc02c66ec4aa71e17f6b141ea3dde24114d3d4 (resized).jpeg
image (resized).jpg
ebaf8e024d6ced50877459fbafc2872d40555043.jpeg (resized).jpg
D2123C90-BEA8-458B-A198-E7F5B93014B6 (resized).jpeg
3B5677E0-53BC-4ECA-B792-4DE11CCCC1C5 (resized).jpeg
20200812_180756 (resized).jpg
dullcote (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

9 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 4530 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 91.
#3251 83 days ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

If you have glare glass on your game. Glare glass is just a coating on the glass and is thin. Im a little worried that frequent strikes will wear the coating down.

Stern anti reflective glass is only coated on the top. I think only PDI has multiple coatings.

#3252 82 days ago

Thinking of joining the club. Love Elvira and my Scared Stiff pin.

Quick question: I haven't watched any game streams since early on (early code). One thing I felt was missing were more call outs from Elvira (I love all the double entendre in the Sacred Stiff call outs). Is there more of this in newer code?

Thanks!

#3253 82 days ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Quick question: I haven't watched any game streams since early on (early code). One thing I felt was missing were more call outs from Elvira (I love all the double entendre in the Sacred Stiff call outs). Is there more of this in newer code?
Thanks!

Its quickly becoming the best audio package on any pin to date. imo.

#3254 82 days ago
Quoted from brucipher:

Thanks!

I do think it has some of the best callouts in pinball. However, its not as dirty as I'd like. There is a little bit of naughtiness in it. "These guys are really stiff... Hey, I'm talking about their acting!!!!"

So... it is there. Just not as much as I was hoping. But, really the callouts are very good and varied. I do hope there are still a few more that haven't been implemented yet.

And I"m still hoping for a match video of unpleasant dreams.

#3255 82 days ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

#3256 82 days ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I do think it has some of the best callouts in pinball. However, its not as dirty as I'd like. There is a little bit of naughtiness in it. "These guys are really stiff... Hey, I'm talking about their acting!!!!"
So... it is there. Just not as much as I was hoping. But, really the callouts are very good and varied. I do hope there are still a few more that haven't been implemented yet.

There probably are - the last update (or 2 maybe) added additional callouts which had not been used before. Not sure if there is accompanying video

#3257 82 days ago

There are at least 5 times the amount of call outs so far on HOH than scared stiff. I had scared stiff and it only lasted a couple of months because it was so shallow by rules and there was just not nearly enough call outs. Not to mention they've got a ways to go with the ruleset so there will be plenty more call-outs

#3258 82 days ago
Quoted from wolfy:

There are at least 5 times the amount of call outs so far on HOH than scared stiff. I had scared stiff and it only lasted a couple of months because it was so shallow by rules and there was just not nearly enough call outs. Not to mention they've got a ways to go with the ruleset so there will be plenty more call-outs

No doubt.

And some of the callouts that I hated. I've learned to love and actually realize that there are some stinkers in teh callouts for scared stiff too. Sometimes we think back and remember more fondly the past. I love scared stiff.... I would like to buy one. But, at 7k.... Ouch...

I use to hate teh PHEW! ball save callout. I think there is two of them. I think there is a callout where she just says phew and then another where its phew that was close.
And I just thought it was a bad reading, or maybe a stupid idea for a callout. Until one day I drained the ball during ball save time, and both me and Elivra said PHEW! at the same time. And then I was like... Okay... Its a good callout.

And really there are a lot of fun ones. Night of the living dead mode has some of my favorite ones. Love the yeah, yeah, let me stand next to your fire!
Just a whole lot of personality in this game. And its getting better and better as it goes on.

And one thing I think that cannot be stressed enough. The callouts have energy, but they don't resort to just screaming and shouting like how a lot of pinball callouts can be. Nothing wrong with screaming and shouting. Some of the best all time callouts have been shout outs! But, not a lot of shouting in this pin.

#3260 82 days ago

I own both.

I didn’t expect it to win this battle despite the fact that it IS the better game.

Too many people panned it on the early code, including myself. .93 REALLY brought this game alive!

#3261 82 days ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I own both.
I didn’t expect it to win this battle despite the fact that it IS the better game.
Too many people panned it on the early code, including myself. .93 REALLY brought this game alive!

Better game sure... Even I agree to that. But, not the better game for me. Elvira is the better game for me. Better theme, better art package and callouts. Just more fun for me and my home.

#3262 82 days ago

the blood drip plastics take Elvira to a whole new level. thx MrCleanHead

20200524_221129 (resized).jpg
#3263 82 days ago

It has been great being in quarantine with Elvira.
58F1A71E-0496-4E91-B269-BA46AAC72412 (resized).jpeg

#3264 81 days ago

Is there a good solution to repair this or stop it from getting worse?

IMG_20200525_185341 (resized).jpg
#3265 81 days ago

Patch it with quikwood, clear over it and put a cliffy on top. I think Stern will prob just send you a clear repair kit which depending how deep the damage is may or may not get you right.

#3266 81 days ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

[quoted image]

I turned down the trough power to about 160 that seemed to help with stopping the damage so far.

#3267 81 days ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

[quoted image]

I just added a cliffy set to my game the other day to prevent damage. Was kind of a pain to install, actually, numerous screws and nuts to remove.

IMG_20200525_192403 (resized).jpg
#3268 81 days ago

Great tips! Thanks! I feel like I've probably had a handful of first time owner questions that have likely been answered a hundred times somewhere on this forum, and so far everyone has been super helpful!

#3269 81 days ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Great tips! Thanks! I feel like I've probably had a handful of first time owner questions that have likely been answered a hundred times somewhere on this forum, and so far everyone has been super helpful!

Yeah, lower the default trough eject power and get Cliffys. I always lay down some mylar as well. Cliffys are a must with any game, IMO.

#3270 81 days ago

Best mod ever. All the games he's saving...

#3271 81 days ago

Put down the money. Mine comes in August. Sold pirates to get this and a NGG. really love NGG actually! Elvira May even be better (none available for me to try out). Looking forward to it.

#3272 80 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Put down the money. Mine comes in August. Sold pirates to get this and a NGG. really love NGG actually! Elvira May even be better (none available for me to try out). Looking forward to it.

What is NGG?

#3274 80 days ago

Wrong thread to talk about it, but I’m finding it a very pleasant filler until EHOH arrives.

#3275 80 days ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Wrong thread to talk about it, but I’m finding it a very pleasant filler until EHOH arrives.

NGG is a very underrated game. Too bad the code was never finished. A fast, fun (and funny) game.

#3276 80 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

NGG is a very underrated game. Too bad the code was never finished. A fast, fun (and funny) game.

It would be nice when somebody could do unofficial upgrades for NGG, like applejuice did for RFM, IJ4, WW and many others

#3277 80 days ago
Quoted from jfh:

The code is 'finished' in that all the features are there, it's just buggy as fuck. Fun for home play but wouldn't use in competition.

#3278 80 days ago

So... who's excited for this weeks' code update?

(Wanted to get back to EHoH. )

#3279 80 days ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

So... who's excited for this weeks' code update?
(Wanted to get back to EHoH. )

Me, of course!

#3280 80 days ago

I am! Still so many things to be added!

#3281 80 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I am! Still so many things to be added!

There certainly is!

1317549A-5631-4B02-9A10-4D50B8DADA42 (resized).jpeg
#3282 80 days ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

There certainly is![quoted image]

I bet he's saving that for 1.0!

#3283 80 days ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

There certainly is![quoted image]

Still really curious Wtf that is.

Also.. no final Wizard mode yet

#3284 80 days ago

Or super head shot, or trunk items! So much good stuff still to go!

#3285 79 days ago

Still no "eeaagh" haunt and he is so prominent on the backglass, same as the two headed guy.

#3286 79 days ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Still no "eeaagh" haunt and he is so prominent on the backglass, same as the two headed guy.

Just saw the "EEAAGH" movie this weekend on the shout factory "MST3K live channel" via Roku. Pretty ridiculous movie, but great MST3K episode, highly reommended. Will be interesting to see what aspects of the movie Lyman picks for that haunt.

I know we'll never see an official MST3K pin, but Elvira is pretty much the same thing with boobs.

#3287 79 days ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

The two headed guy is the Manster.

But, there is still so much to be coded. It'll all be there in the game. And it will be glorious!

#3288 78 days ago

Has anyone changed the lights in the house to match the colors the inserts light up for that mode? For instance, the window for "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" would light up pink or "Manster" window would light up teal. I'm just wondering how much effort that would be or if it's something that's possible.

#3289 78 days ago

Anyone have that Stern Elvira shooter rod on their game? Curious how it actually looks mounted to the game. Standalone it sure doesn't seem to mesh... but I have been surprised before

#3290 78 days ago

Has anyone had a leaper bracket fail yet? One on my game failed last night where most of the crimped end was missing. I didn't have anything suitable to replace the hinge pin so I re-used the existing pin and hammered what was left of the bad end flat. It should hold until I can get a replacement.

I also recommend a lock washer on the top screw that secures the bracket in place.

Rob

20200527_114219 (resized).jpg20200528_005033 (resized).jpg

#3291 78 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Has anyone had a leaper bracket fail yet? One on my game failed last night where most of the crimped end was missing. I didn't have anything suitable to replace the hinge pin so I re-used the existing pin and hammered what was left of the bad end flat. It should hold until I can get a replacement.
Rob
[quoted image][quoted image]

yes. that same one failed on my game the first time I played it, but I was able to get the pin back in and it has since held. I think there was someone else in this thread who also reported they had the same one fail.

#3292 78 days ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Has anyone changed the lights in the house to match the colors the inserts light up for that mode? For instance, the window for "The Brain That Wouldn't Die" would light up pink or "Manster" window would light up teal. I'm just wondering how much effort that would be or if it's something that's possible.

Impossible? Probably not. They are not bulbs, however. They are circuit boards with SMDs similar to the ones that illuminate the house.

#3293 78 days ago

Easiest play would be to use colored gels like has been done with IMDN etc. This is a great idea. Who did that one with the 3d printed brackets, vireland?

#3294 78 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Easiest play would be to use colored gels like has been done with IMDN etc. This is a great idea.

Does the haunts appear in the same window every time or do they move around?

#3295 78 days ago

Each window has an associated haunt unless I'm mistaken, which I could be. It was def that way on older code at least. I keep telling myself to remember which is which and it immediately leaves my brain. Would have to make some choices like what color for the center (party multiball: red?) And the right window (unlocked modes. Could go red / green for santa etc).

#3296 78 days ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Easiest play would be to use colored gels like has been done with IMDN etc. This is a great idea. Who did that one with the 3d printed brackets, vireland?

Yeah, I can do that. The hardest part is getting the colors chosen. I'm also not sure what the mounting situation is inside the house facade. I'll look into it...

#3297 78 days ago
Quoted from Vitty:

Anyone have that Stern Elvira shooter rod on their game? Curious how it actually looks mounted to the game. Standalone it sure doesn't seem to mesh... but I have been surprised before

I'll be getting my shooter rod shortly and will post pics if someone else hasn't already.

I was also torn on if it would mesh. Won't know until I put it on. When I first saw pics of the shooter I was like "huh?" until I realized it was the clown in Drive Me Crazy.

#3298 78 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

Does the haunts appear in the same window every time or do they move around?

same window, and you can change the active one with the flipper button

#3299 78 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I also recommend a lock washer on the top screw that secures the bracket in place.
Rob
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not the bracket, but I did have a leaper fly off a bunch of times - finally had to epoxy the rod to his butt

#3300 78 days ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

same window, and you can change the active one with the flipper button

I think they said there were 18 movies they had access to. So wouldnt you have multiple haunts (and thus multiple colors) per window?

I dont own the game (but it's on my short list) so I'm just going on memory from playing it at Expo last year.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 19.95
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Pittsburgh, PA
$ 68.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 279.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball LEDs
There are 4530 posts in this topic. You are on page 66 of 91.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside