20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,976 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 360.
#3201 3 years ago

Video of crypt kicker in action, for reference. Power has not been reduce yet, but needs to be.

#3202 3 years ago

Are they coming from the factory now with this issue resolved?

#3203 3 years ago

Optional shooter rod is now available on Stern's online store: https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/elvira-shooter-rod
Elvira.Shooter_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpgElvira.Shooter_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).jpg

#3204 3 years ago

Now if only the topper were available.

#3205 3 years ago

I recently joined the club and absolutely love this game. After a few hours of playing, I noticed a few things that needed to be adjusted and made a video tutorial regarding these tweaks in case anyone else was having the same issues. I wanted to say thank you to everyone who posted about these fixes here in the thread and I hope this helps others dial in their machine. Take Care and Stay Safe!

#3206 3 years ago

That shooter rod is hideous.

#3207 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Optional shooter rod is now available on Stern's online store: https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/elvira-shooter-rod
[quoted image]

Even after Steve Ritchie made them do it right on BKSOR, it seems Stern still can’t resist releasing custom shooter rods that are upside down from the player’s perspective. Sigh.

#3208 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Even after Steve Ritchie made them do it right on BKSOR, it seems Stern still can’t resist releasing custom shooter rods that are upside down from the player’s perspective. Sigh.

It can't be turned over?

#3209 3 years ago

I joined the Club last week by purchasing a Premium that had been sitting in the Ottawa P1G warehouse over the pandemic, very happy to have made the purchase so far. The game is a lot of fun, easy to shoot and lots of depth and modes and multi-balls, just what I like.

A couple of small issues though, wondering if others have had the same problem.

1) When the ball rolls down the left side orbit sometimes, it bounces off the top of the bottom entrance post from the JUNK/TRUNK area and sometimes goes directly between the two flippers/drain. Most of the time it lands directly on my left flipper and avoids that post, but about 20-30% of the time, it bounces off the post and messes shit up. It feels as though the railing coming down the left orbit might need to be curved a little bit? Any suggestions?

2) This one I just noticed a couple of days ago. During modes, I was NEVER able to see_ the right orbit INSERT LIGHT (the big triangle one) lighting up because the BEAST BOOSTER spinner is in the way. I guess it's because I'm short and can't see over it? But I can't see through it either. Wondering if anyone knows of a see-through spinner that can replace the current one (if I can see through it, I can see the insert light) OR maybe someone can work on a mirror mod to be placed on the right of the crypt which would allow anyone to see the lights lit up behind the spinner?

That's it for now. Any guidance would be appreciated.

#3210 3 years ago

I'm working on a mod for the right insert, awaiting parts.other than that you just gotta be like "nothing is lit what the hell? Oh yeah right orbit"

#3211 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I kind of like it. Just not for Elvira. I think really a gargoyle would have been more fitting and would fit there horrible topper.

So I don't sense a cohesive theme to their mods really. Which is dumb, as Elvira is pinball machine that I think is has great theme integration.

But, I think this shooter rod would work great on a Comet!
If I owned one I would get it for that machine.

#3212 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

It can't be turned over?

Not that I’m aware of.

The shooter rod should either come out from the top of the head, the top of whatever or the back of it. So in this case the clown would either be looking up you (correctly oriented) or facing forward.

I think the folks who design the upside down ones that look like an actual head automatically accept that the shooter rod must naturally be the “neck” and thus we get ones backward from the player’s view.

#3213 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

[quoted image]

That is bad. Why didn’t they make Elvira’s signature dagger into a shooter rod? That would sell like crazy.

#3214 3 years ago
Quoted from BeeGeeMtl:

I joined the Club last week by purchasing a Premium that had been sitting in the Ottawa P1G warehouse over the pandemic, very happy to have made the purchase so far. The game is a lot of fun, easy to shoot and lots of depth and modes and multi-balls, just what I like.
A couple of small issues though, wondering if others have had the same problem.
1) When the ball rolls down the left side orbit sometimes, it bounces off the top of the bottom entrance post from the JUNK/TRUNK area and sometimes goes directly between the two flippers/drain. Most of the time it lands directly on my left flipper and avoids that post, but about 20-30% of the time, it bounces off the post and messes shit up. It feels as though the railing coming down the left orbit might need to be curved a little bit? Any suggestions?
2) This one I just noticed a couple of days ago. During modes, I was NEVER able to see_ the right orbit INSERT LIGHT (the big triangle one) lighting up because the BEAST BOOSTER spinner is in the way. I guess it's because I'm short and can't see over it? But I can't see through it either. Wondering if anyone knows of a see-through spinner that can replace the current one (if I can see through it, I can see the insert light) OR maybe someone can work on a mirror mod to be placed on the right of the crypt which would allow anyone to see the lights lit up behind the spinner?
That's it for now. Any guidance would be appreciated.

Check out the first part of this video I just put up. It address how to adjust the left orbit ball guide.

#3215 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I'm working on a mod for the right insert, awaiting parts.other than that you just gotta be like "nothing is lit what the hell? Oh yeah right orbit"

hopefully it also covers the hideous spinner gate. would be a 2 in 1.

#3216 3 years ago

Finally got Santa mode last night. I love that there is a christmas themed mode. Are there any other games out there that have a christmas inspired mode?

#3217 3 years ago

Joining the club. Selling pirates to do it. Get a Ngg out of it as a bonus. Tell me it’s worth it.

#3218 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Joining the club. Selling pirates to do it. Get a Ngg out of it as a bonus. Tell me it’s worth it.

Oh wow. I have both POTC and Elvira. I gotta say, I play Elvira more. That’s not to say you won’t miss Pirates but you get a fast playing, deep game with EHOH. Pretty rare combo

#3219 3 years ago

There is regret. But I have golfers and tennis elbows. Wide body seems to aggravate more than standard. I am sad to see it go, but no love from family. I did see 3 wizards.

I like NGG, pretty rare here. Not an in-depth game and quirky.

Really looking forward to Elvira.

#3220 3 years ago

I also think any game Lyman does is gold. Funny we almost look at the coders of a game over the designer now a days.

We played AC/DC luci yesterday. Such a simple layout. Lyman (and AC/DC’s music) make this game awesome.

Anyway deal is done. Pirates may sail back to me someday. Maybe not.

#3221 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Sold my potc, don’t miss it. Not letting Elvira go, such a great game.

#3222 3 years ago

Yep Elvira is so much Fun! And only improving.

#3223 3 years ago

Lyman is a f ing genius.

Period

#3224 3 years ago
Quoted from gumnut01:

Once you get it and play it, you'll have the biggest smile ever from a pin. You did the right thing in my opinion. Lyman code is killer.

#3225 3 years ago

I don't like the Gargoyles hitting the glass, the lower left one is the worst for that.

2.5 inch piece of heat shrink tube with a zip tie (in this case 2) at the top. Shrunk tubing works best I think since it's more 'stiff'. Ha, intentional pun on Scared Stiff.

Rob

20200523_002838 (resized).jpg20200523_002838 (resized).jpg
#3226 3 years ago
Quoted from HurryUpPinball:

I recently joined the club and absolutely love this game. After a few hours of playing, I noticed a few things that needed to be adjusted and made a video tutorial regarding these tweaks in case anyone else was having the same issues. I wanted to say thank you to everyone who posted about these fixes here in the thread and I hope this helps others dial in their machine. Take Care and Stay Safe!

this is fantastic!
thankyou so much for making this.
Ive been struggling with this issue too. Basically i have it always hit the sling or the table has slight angle to right so full plunge or fast orbit doesn't make contact..but that's been less then ideal.Gonna have to work on this fix this weekend

#3227 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Agreed, which is why I love it !

#3228 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I don't like the Gargoyles hitting the glass, the lower left one is the worst for that.
2.5 inch piece of heat shrink tube with a zip tie (in this case 2) at the top. Shrunk tubing works best I think since it's more 'stiff'. Ha, intentional pun on Scared Stiff.
Rob
[quoted image]

I was wondering why hitting the glass bugs some people. It was designed to do that just like Scared Stiff. Removing it just seems wrong to me. It really helps complete the package.

#3229 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I was wondering why hitting the glass bugs some people. It was designed to do that just like Scared Stiff. Removing it just seems wrong to me. It really helps complete the package.

Pardon my ignorance , but it’s actually designed to do that? So no harm in letting it happen ? If so I think that’s pretty cool to be honest.

#3230 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Pardon my ignorance , but it’s actually designed to do that? So no harm in letting it happen ? If so I think that’s pretty cool to be honest.

Yes, it is designed to smak the glass. Stern fans haven't seen this before so i think a lot of the times people think it is wrong. It is one of things Dennis Nordman wanted in the game. It is kinda a Dennis thing.

#3231 3 years ago

If you have glare glass on your game. Glare glass is just a coating on the glass and is thin. Im a little worried that frequent strikes will wear the coating down.

#3232 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

If you have glare glass on your game. Glare glass is just a coating on the glass and is thin. Im a little worried that frequent strikes will wear the coating down.

Yeah, there is that but I don't worry about it. By the way, what side of the glass has the film? I know it's not on both sides. If it is on the top it is a non issue.

#3233 3 years ago

Hey guys having some opto issues and wondering if drilling a larger hole on this side of the plastic tunnel will help. I just can’t get the Opto lined up because the plunger keeps rubbing it a little and moving it out of position.

98F58BF7-850F-48CC-BC33-2C17FEA8CA00 (resized).jpeg98F58BF7-850F-48CC-BC33-2C17FEA8CA00 (resized).jpeg

#3234 3 years ago

^^ See post #2710. I had a similar issue with the haunted house shot. I removed the subway, drilled a wider hole and re-aligned the opto. No issues.

#3235 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

^^ See post #2710. I had a similar issue with the haunted house shot. I removed the subway, drilled a wider hole and re-aligned the opto. No issues.

I am wondering if newer machines then ours came with larger holes drilled? I also found this piece of the house while I was fixing this Opto issue? Is there a fix for this? Common issue?

58728057-75B0-4C7C-A0DA-5E4EC7B28F41 (resized).jpeg58728057-75B0-4C7C-A0DA-5E4EC7B28F41 (resized).jpeg
#3236 3 years ago

Yes, it is designed to smak the glass. Stern fans haven't seen this before so i think a lot of the times people think it is wrong. It is one of things Dennis Nordman wanted in the game. It is kinda a Dennis thing.

Thanks for clearing it up. I love this game even more now, haha.

#3237 3 years ago

Yeah, there is that but I don't worry about it. By the way, what side of the glass has the film? I know it's not on both sides. If it is on the top it is a non issue.

One side? I did not know that. So how would you tell which side is up on pdi as if I could use it face down then I could use any glass cleaner.

#3238 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Hey guys having some opto issues and wondering if drilling a larger hole on this side of the plastic tunnel will help. I just can’t get the Opto lined up because the plunger keeps rubbing it a little and moving it out of position.
[quoted image]

I had that same issue within about 10 mins of unboxing my game. I was able to readjust it but if it does it again, I am going to enlarge that hole with a drill but just a tiny bit. Was thinking the same thing.

#3239 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

One side? I did not know that. So how would you tell which side is up on pdi as if I could use it face down then I could use any glass cleaner.

That's what I'm trying to remember. I think it is on the top (same side as the USA sticker) but I'm not sure.

#3240 3 years ago

It’s a throwback to the “leapers” (frogs) in Scared Stiff, which did the exact same thing.

#3241 3 years ago

Anti-glare glass is coated on the top

#3242 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I am wondering if newer machines then ours came with larger holes drilled? I also found this piece of the house while I was fixing this Opto issue? Is there a fix for this? Common issue?
[quoted image]

You must have an early game. I came up with a fix for it in post 792. Stern came up with cheap solution by just cutting off the piece that gets hit by the ball. Contact them and they will send you the new modified piece of the house.

#3243 3 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

[quoted image]

That happened to all the early production LE's. I did get a spare plastic mailed to me. Bu,t I'm not interested in puting mine in. I just got it, to have a spare encase the plastic splits later. I don't think it will though. I think that is the only crack you'll be getting out of it.

But, yeah. Very common. Contact stern. See if you can get a replacement one. And I wouldn't worry about it. As its not visible to the eye. Its hidden.

#3244 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

So how would you tell which side is up on pdi as if I could use it face down then I could use any glass cleaner.

Just to be safe , use glass cleaner with no ammonia in it .

IMG_20200524_035558 (resized).jpgIMG_20200524_035558 (resized).jpg
#3245 3 years ago

Sent picture to my distributor, waiting to hear back, thanks guys!

#3246 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Anti-glare glass is coated on the top

Here's what it says on PDI's intro to their glass. Not a commercial - just passing along what they say about their glass:

PDI Glass Inro (resized).pngPDI Glass Inro (resized).png
#3247 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Here's what it says on PDI's intro to their glass. Not a commercial - just passing along what they say about their glass:[quoted image]

PDI May do it on both sides (May explain the price hike) but Stern’s glass is definitely only on one side. I think it’s in the glass compare thread that someone described a way to check. I can’t recall what it is though -

#3248 3 years ago

Because it makes an annoying KLUNK sound which I don't like. Personal preference of course.

Rob

#3249 3 years ago

Oh I knew it was a 'Dennis thing', like the ball hitting the glass on WhiteWater. That I like, this on Elvira I did not like.

Rob

#3250 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Oh I knew it was a 'Dennis thing', like the ball hitting the glass on WhiteWater. That I like, this on Elvira I did not like.
Rob

I'm not going to hate on you about that. It is your machine after all. There is only a few machines that have that element. It is a cheap thrill but part of the game. I like the fact that it always freaks out newbies that play my games (both Scared Stiff and Elvira). They always think they broke something.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
11,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
11,500 (Firm)
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,976 posts in this topic. You are on page 65 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/65?hl=rdoyle1978 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.