20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,976 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 360.
#3151 3 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Impossible it happened during shipping/ bow was perfect....Let me clarify.... 3 bolts that support the rail for which the playfield rests on were gone/ not even in the box or game. 4 nuts gone/ not in the game. The left rail was in the bottom of the game So ..... three bolts totally missing 4 nuts missing. Unless the shippers opened up the box took the bolts and nuts out of the rails that support the playfield etc. etc. etc. So another words this happened on the assembly line it’s just absolute carelessness
I’m not angry at you if it had happened in shipping I could understand this happened at Stearns factory and that’s what angers me so much. These games are so damn expensive and they shouldn’t be. It’s the equivalent of getting a car and your wheels falling off because of no Lugnuts or bolts.

I've bought about twenty games from stern and not had anything like this, its a screwup for sure but they will make it right. JJ at GEX is one of the good guys. Just take a deep breath, don't let it get you mad, stay civil, few days from now and it will be sorted.

Neil.

#3152 3 years ago

Finally got my mods no thanks to USPS can't believe how good quality wise they aer.

6M5A7252 (resized).JPG6M5A7252 (resized).JPG

6M5A7253 (resized).JPG6M5A7253 (resized).JPG

6M5A7255 (resized).JPG6M5A7255 (resized).JPG

6M5A7256 (resized).JPG6M5A7256 (resized).JPG

6M5A7257 (resized).JPG6M5A7257 (resized).JPG

6M5A7258 (resized).JPG6M5A7258 (resized).JPG

#3153 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I've bought about twenty games from stern and not had anything like this, its a screwup for sure but they will make it right. JJ at GEX is one of the good guys. Just take a deep breath, don't let it get you mad, stay civil, few days from now and it will be sorted.
Neil.

Conclusion..... receiving a whole new game in 3 to 4 weeks with side blades added. Return shipping the other back to Stern JJ was awesome. Apparently a Gary Stern was on my side too

#3154 3 years ago

Nice to know that Gary Stern cared

#3155 3 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Conclusion..... receiving a whole new game in 3 to 4 weeks with side blades added. Return shipping the other back to Stern JJ was awesome. Apparently a Gary Stern was on my side too

Great to hear. What a bizarre manufacturing defect.

#3156 3 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Happy to hear that this was resolved quickly without further delay, etc. Knowing how much we all pay for these new machines, it's comforting to know that Stern has our back if for some reason a strange manufacturing anomaly slips through QC. Hopefully, they'll discover how this mistake 'got out the door' and repair it as well.

#3157 3 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Great outcome. Please post your new game when you get it so we can all welcome you to the club!

#3158 3 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Awesome. Nice of Stern to add the side blades. Bummer to have to wait a few weeks, but I’ll bet that QC goes through that game with a fine tooth comb. Kudos to JJ and Stern for a quick resolution.

#3159 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Finally got my mods no thanks to USPS can't believe how good quality wise they aer.

These are great mods - “must have” for Elvira, much like The Atomic Pile and turntable mods for Batman.

NeilMcRae - what is Domino Arcade?

#3160 3 years ago

Thanks to all. I’m hoping I get it before july

#3161 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

These are great mods - “must have” for Elvira, much like The Atomic Pile and turntable mods for Batman.
neilmcrae - what is Domino Arcade?

I believe that is what Neil named his arcade.

He fairly regularly streams on twitch as well. He has an epic game room and it’s certainly worth your time to check it out if you haven’t already.

#3162 3 years ago

Well, at least I have a second Elvira to harvest boards and parts, god forbid if something is wrong with the next one

#3163 3 years ago
2283776B-5478-4EAB-84F6-EC485D3F1E0B (resized).jpeg2283776B-5478-4EAB-84F6-EC485D3F1E0B (resized).jpeg395A3294-403A-4FE4-BC7B-15EE66B8C43E (resized).jpeg395A3294-403A-4FE4-BC7B-15EE66B8C43E (resized).jpeg428D8FE2-7E8E-4C1A-8066-0C12EBB89C4D (resized).jpeg428D8FE2-7E8E-4C1A-8066-0C12EBB89C4D (resized).jpeg5D250432-A163-403C-AA81-62E320541660 (resized).jpeg5D250432-A163-403C-AA81-62E320541660 (resized).jpeg
#3164 3 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Well, at least I have a second Elvira to harvest boards and parts, god forbid if something is wrong with the next one

Really? You got to keep the bad game? That’s unusual and great for you. Easily a few thousand dollars of usable parts including some that are near impossible to buy.

P.S. I hope you have some very good UV filtering film on your windows. It could be brutal on your games without it.

#3165 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Really? You got to keep the bad game? That’s unusual and great for you. Easily a few thousand dollars of usable parts including some that are near impossible to buy.
P.S. I hope you have some very good UV filtering film on your windows. It could be brutal on your games without it.

WHAT?! That's fucking insane. Buy a playfield bracket and you make out like a freaking bandit. There's no way...

#3166 3 years ago

I'm confident that they will take it back. But if they don't, I'll buy that sucker off you. I'll get the correct bolts sent to support the PF and send a truck. I'm not scared to fix that thing.

#3167 3 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Conclusion..... receiving a whole new game in 3 to 4 weeks with side blades added. Return shipping the other back to Stern

Quoted from Sebastian88:

Well, at least I have a second Elvira to harvest boards and parts

Quoted from jfh:

Really? You got to keep the bad game?

I think some clarification is needed here...

#3168 3 years ago

Hey where is everybody's outline posts set? Mine came at the top and I hate to change factory settings like this but it drains like you wouldn't believe.

#3169 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Hey where is everybody's outline posts set? Mine came at the top and I hate to change factory settings like this but it drains like you wouldn't believe.

Play it however you see fit! Mine are in the middle, because I want them to be.

#3170 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Mine are at factory, but I’m going to move them to the middle.

#3171 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Both posts at the lowest position, but I'm a fan of long ball times.

#3172 3 years ago

Allowed to keep the other game until I’ve had enough time to make sure I don’t need any parts etc. power supplyNode boards,Opto’s etc. because I’ve had to wait so long and have the aggravation of packing the first up in the box I receive from the new one. the first one was received was with a smashed cabinet speaker. Bent node board 7 and 8 connections, dented playfield, Scratched ramps, and it bent the motor and mechanism that opens and closes the trap door. Not to mention the teret doesn’t work. This is all because the playfield fell into the cabinet On an angle. Who knows What happened to the turret. Gary told JJ that I could hold on to the first game until I’m sure I don’t need anything off of it just in case the second one has issues. Then I can arrange to have it shipped back. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t even want the first one back. I initially got the Munsters topper completely broken internally they sent me a second one and never wanted the first. So who knows. I just want one that works and isn’t banged up

#3173 3 years ago

Apparently Gary Stern wasn’t too happy

#3174 3 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I think some clarification is needed here...

Clarification below

#3175 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yes
And the blinds and shades are closed 99% of the time

#3176 3 years ago

Interfaced with the left and right RGB lights that illuminate the house. Carried it out to speakers, leg protectors, up and backbox lights. Maybe a bit much, but the pinball league players here are used to my excessive mods. Really simple circuit (hex inverter, resistors and FETs). PM me if you are interested in DIY. I will probably do a PCB at some point because this will work on any RGB in a Stern machine.

#3177 3 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Allowed to keep the other game until I’ve had enough time to make sure I don’t need any parts etc. power supplyNode boards,Opto’s etc. because I’ve had to wait so long and have the aggravation of packing the first up in the box I receive from the new one. the first one was received was with a smashed cabinet speaker. Bent node board 7 and 8 connections, dented playfield, Scratched ramps, and it bent the motor and mechanism that opens and closes the trap door. Not to mention the teret doesn’t work. This is all because the playfield fell into the cabinet On an angle. Who knows What happened to the turret. Gary told JJ that I could hold on to the first game until I’m sure I don’t need anything off of it just in case the second one has issues. Then I can arrange to have it shipped back. At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t even want the first one back. I initially got the Munsters topper completely broken internally they sent me a second one and never wanted the first. So who knows. I just want one that works and isn’t banged up

Such a crazy, terrible story. I’m very glad to hear Stern did the (obviously) right thing and is replacing it, with free blades, and letting you use any parts that you need. How on Earth that game sustained that much damage, or was allowed to leave the factory like that is a mystery. I’ve had issues with every NIB pin I’ve purchased except for one. All needed some adjustments or fixes, except my MET. It played great from day 1 and I was amazed how it needed nothing, just getting the settings customized. Glad you will have the new, pristine game you deserve!

#3178 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Such a crazy, terrible story. I’m very glad to hear Stern did the (obviously) right thing and is replacing it, with free blades, and letting you use any parts that you need. How on Earth that game sustained that much damage, or was allowed to leave the factory like that is a mystery. I’ve had issues with every NIB pin I’ve purchased except for one. All needed some adjustments or fixes, except my MET. It played great from day 1 and I was amazed how it needed nothing, just getting the settings customized. Glad you will have the new, pristine game you deserve!

Thanks man

#3179 3 years ago

Now I just have to exercise a lot of patience

#3180 3 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

At this point I wouldn’t be surprised if he didn’t even want the first one back.

Oh, they are going to want it back, I promise you that.

#3181 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

top!

#3182 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Ours are at the top. Yep.. Ours drains a lot too. Makes you play better!

#3183 3 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Interfaced with the left and right RGB lights that illuminate the house. Carried it out to speakers, leg protectors, up and backbox lights. Maybe a bit much, but the pinball league players here are used to my excessive mods. Really simple circuit (hex inverter, resistors and FETs). PM me if you are interested in DIY. I will probably do a PCB at some point because this will work on any RGB in a Stern machine.

That is really freaking cool and I might steal it just for backbox illumination. If you were just doing a few LEDs could you simply "Y" or series connect it to the RGB led that's already in place? I was going to do that for a mod I've been thinking about that was just going to be one RGB LED copying another one already in place.

#3184 3 years ago

Change those out lanes. I did. I want it to be fun for everyone it doesn’t have to be set on hard for enjoyment.

#3185 3 years ago

I got my lanes in the middle. It’s a deep game I wanna enjoy the game and see all the depth

#3186 3 years ago

I just got my LE setup tonight. 5th game in and I hear the klunk of a screw dropping in the cabinet. So I turned the game off and investigated. I found this 3/4 inch machine screw with washer that fell off near the back of the playfield. For those who have more intimate knowledge of the game assembly, maybe you can help me figure out where it came from. I noticed from gameplay that shooting the ball into the house made kind of a klank sound like something was loose. The ramp also never once lifted during gameplay, but does during test. Coincidentely, the screw fell out on the first game after testing the up/down ramp. But, the screw isn't necessarily from the house, it could have fallen back there during transport.

Rob

20200519_222724 (resized).jpg20200519_222724 (resized).jpg

#3187 3 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

JJ is awesome!!

#3188 3 years ago

You guys are making my longstanding resolution to show restraint and responsibility during pandemics and recessions very difficult.

#3189 3 years ago

I found where the loose screw goes, easy fix for this one.
20200520_002515 (resized).jpg20200520_002515 (resized).jpg

#3190 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

You guys are making my longstanding resolution to show restraint and responsibility during pandemics and recessions very difficult.

Hey Mark, you know you need one its amazing

#3191 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

FYI. I’ve risked my life and my family s life every day since this whole thing started caring for COVid patients. No amount of money is worth seeing what I have seen in the hospital. I understand there are things more important than pinball. I was simply looking forward to SOMETHING, during this nightmare of a pandemic.

#3192 3 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Oh crap, I miss read your post... sorry brother.

#3193 3 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Oh crap, I misread your post... sorry brother.

Yeah, we read your initial response and thought...you must have a screw loose or something.

#3194 3 years ago

New game code tonight?

#3195 3 years ago

What makes you think that?

#3196 3 years ago

thanks to Robertstone0407 for the nice powder coat and thanks again to Medisinyl for the killer mods and insane amount of help given throughout the last several months. you guys are invaluable assets to this community.

20200521_135145 (resized).jpg20200521_135145 (resized).jpg
#3197 3 years ago

thanks to Robertstone0407 for the nice powder coat and thanks again to Medisinyl for the killer mods and insane amount of help given throughout the last several months. you guys are invaluable assets to this community.

20200521_135145 (resized).jpg20200521_135145 (resized).jpg
#3198 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

What makes you think that?

Probably because Stranger Things got new code today and Stern had said to expect new Elvira code this month.

I’m patient. Getting new code only when Lyman and team think it’s ready is fine by me.

#3199 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Thanks! I’m pretty handy at this point with adjustments. So I’m ok with drilling new pilot holes and adjusting the VUK. I just want to be sure it’s worth the trouble to have the VUK strike the “open the trunk” lock stand ups. I would prefer that! Is this an adjustment most owners are making?

The ball is supposed to hit the targets.

Looking at how the VUK lines up with the eject hole, it's obvious the bracket was mounted about 1/4 inch too far forward (towards the player) at the factory. They probably fixed this by now (mine is an LE).

If anyone wants to AVOID drilling new holes, at least to begin with, do what i did. It's only short term to check if the new position improves the VUK kickout or not.

I used the existing top hole for a screw with a washer to hold the bracket in place. I'll have to check for a short screw to replace the other one. Remember, this was just for initial testing. The result was greatly improved kickout power, so the power setting may need to be reduced now. I'll do more testing before I commit to the new position, but it is much better.

Rob
20200522_012335 (resized).jpg20200522_012335 (resized).jpg20200522_012337 (resized).jpg20200522_012337 (resized).jpg

#3200 3 years ago

Update: Final position mount as shown. I put an allen key in the top hole to keep the bracket from moving back up while putting a screw in the bottom. For lack of having a shorter screw, I put a nut on the bottom machine screw (left side). It kicks like an absolute rocket now, way better than even last night testing. Make sure all screws are tight, even the FAR left wood screws on the other bracket piece. Mine were loose.

Rob

20200522_130608 (resized).jpg20200522_130608 (resized).jpg20200522_130614 (resized).jpg20200522_130614 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
12,900 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Yucaipa, CA
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Cincinnati, OH
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 17,976 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/64?hl=lrrr and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.