IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 362.
#3051 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Ha ha. It’s not so much Lyman as it is the odds of Stern doing another themed game I’d be interested in ...

oooh... I thought the exact same thing - then Stern made IMDN. It didn't click with me although I love the band and recognize the game is awesome; I just didn't love it (but I bought it). EHOH is a home run for me though. total package. We'll see if they ever do it again...

#3052 3 years ago

Anybody have a fix for making the trunk lid close better in a centered position? Reading a about a ball guide upgrade kit, is that for the trunk also?

20200512_144428 (resized).jpg20200512_144428 (resized).jpg
#3053 3 years ago

Great site man, thanks for posting. I just ordered the teak wood grain and black leather textured for my EHOH and BKSOR. Im not sure which one will get what, but leaning towards black leather on Elvira!

#3054 3 years ago

Got my Premium today and loving it. couple of questions:

The drop target in front of the lock is sometimes up and you hit it with a ball and its solid (doesn't drop) Is that deliberate?
When does the mansion top rotate? Works in test but after 6 hours never saw it move
The left orbit ball guide is bent in (by the trunk). Is this the skillshot fix?

#3055 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

Anybody have a fix for making the trunk lid close better in a centered position? Reading a about a ball guide upgrade kit, is that for the trunk also?
[quoted image]

Tighten those screws above property of elvira. That will straighten the truck lid out.

#3056 3 years ago
Quoted from epotech:

Got my Premium today and loving it. couple of questions:
The drop target in front of the lock is sometimes up and you hit it with a ball and its solid (doesn't drop) Is that deliberate?
When does the mansion top rotate? Works in test but after 6 hours never saw it move
The left orbit ball guide is bent in (by the trunk). Is this the skillshot fix?

get to the first mini wizard mode and the mason top moves.

if your premium is made after November you have the skill shot fix
drop target should always go down.

#3057 3 years ago
Quoted from Wheel_Jack:

Tighten those screws above property of elvira. That will straighten the truck lid out.

to add to this, check the two screws are tight facing the playfield.

the key thing is to get the play field on the front bar and tighten the hinge screw that is normally flush with the side board.

Neil.

#3058 3 years ago
elv (resized).jpgelv (resized).jpg
#3059 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

to add to this, check the two screws are tight facing the playfield.
the key thing is to get the play field on the front bar and tighten the hinge screw that is normally flush with the side board.
Neil.

All screws are tight and the hinge screw has a lot of play in it but as tight as I can get it.

#3060 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

All screws are tight and the hinge screw has a lot of play in it but as tight as I can get it.

That hinge screw is really annoying. It jus barely hangs on and will spin even when you have it right to the hole. I put some blue thread locker on it last night, along with the inner screw on the lid arm. Let’s see it work itself loose now!!

#3061 3 years ago
Quoted from manadams:

If memory serves there is more to it than tightening down a screw. I believe the real adjustment is a nut on the assembly. You have to loosen the screw on the far left, adjust the nut and then tighten the screw. It is easy to figure out if you remove the little section of ramp blocking your view.

#3062 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I was willing to take a risk on Elvira in October because I really wanted an LE, believed that Stern had at least partially addressed the playfield quality issues, and, perhaps most importantly, because Lyman was on the code. I had lived through what he had done with Batman 66 from the beginning, was very pleased with the results and had no reason to doubt the same with Elvira, especially after hearing him speak about the game at Expo.

But after the Batman and Elvira LEs I can’t imagine Stern coming out with a game that would put me in the position of gambling on code again.

I just want to see Stern coming out with new games at this point. I think we're overdue now

Rob

#3063 3 years ago

Re: trunk lock. There is a white bushing that needs to be inside the actuator arm, lots of times the screw will come loose and it'll be tightened on the outside of the hole it's supposed to sit in.

#3064 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Contacted Stern and they said it was probably the CPU board and they would switch it out, so I'll find out soon if that's the problem.

More likely a corrupted SD card. I downloaded and installed a fresh sd card image for my JP Premium and audits are now working.

Rob

#3065 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

If memory serves there is more to it than tightening down a screw. I believe the real adjustment is a nut on the assembly. You have to loosen the screw on the far left, adjust the nut and then tighten the screw. It is easy to figure out if you remove the little section of ramp blocking your view.

This ^^^^

It seems like it won't tighten but you gotta get the nut held at same time while tightening screw and it will work like a charm

#3066 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Re: trunk lock. There is a white bushing that needs to be inside the actuator arm, lots of times the screw will come loose and it'll be tightened on the outside of the hole it's supposed to sit in.

aaah nice. Thanks

#3067 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

This ^^^^
It seems like it won't tighten but you gotta get the nut held at same time while tightening screw and it will work like a charm

Son of a ... ok thx that helps a lot

#3068 3 years ago

You won't see anything new released until they go back to work late in June.

Quoted from Rob_G:

I just want to see Stern coming out with new games at this point. I think we're overdue now
Rob

#3069 3 years ago

Please help me figure this out..

Anytime I start a new game on Elvira HOH. It goes immediately to "Unhappy Hour" mode.

Game starts racking up big points almost if a ghost is playing game. This continues on and on and on.
Ball will auto plunge if lost and continue in "Unhappy Hour"

I've reinstalled update.. FULL Install... I've flashed back to factory settings.. Reinstalled update. Downloaded
a Fresh new copy.. Rinse Repeat.

I might get 1 game in without "Unhappy Hour" glitch.. Then it repeats over again.

Anyone else? Any Ideas what to do?
No Operator messages / no stuck switches. Its madness.

#3070 3 years ago
Quoted from TechnicalSteam:

Anytime I start a new game on Elvira HOH. It goes immediately to "Unhappy Hour" mode.
Game starts racking up big points almost if a ghost is playing game. This continues on and on and on.
I've reinstalled update.. FULL Install... I've flashed back to factory settings.. Reinstalled update. Downloaded
I might get 1 game in without "Unhappy Hour" glitch.. Then it repeats over again.

Sounds like a call to Stern to me. No switch errors leads me to think it is a problem with your main board. You can try reseating all the data cables. Heck, I see you also have a Stern SW. You can swap the board between the machines if you’re feeling bold. Just don’t forget to swap the SD cards. As for the SD card. Yours might have a bad spot on it. Have you tried installing the OS on a different SD card. Might be worth a shot.

#3071 3 years ago

I have a similar problem but it only happens on the first game after an update. Some have said it may be an issue with the right ramp opto, but it seems to work as expected during switch test.

#3072 3 years ago

what does the game show when you put it into switch test mode? could be a bad opto.

#3073 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

what does the game show when you put it into switch test mode? could be a bad opto.

Game shows no issues with switches or Optos.

#3074 3 years ago

Game shows no issues with switches or Optos.

not sure, just guessing, but maybe the SD card has an issue? Better to call stern, they will have better insight.

#3075 3 years ago

hmm all I had to do was tighten those screws.

#3076 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

hmm all I had to do was tighten those screws.

We all love a tight screw!

#3077 3 years ago

Mine seemed to do this as well. I checked everything and everything worked in test mode. What I did that fixed it was I adjusted the right ramp Opto's so they lined up more with the holes in the ramp. I have not had a problem since. Hope its that easy of a fix for yours.

#3078 3 years ago

Just got my plastic set from Silverball and wow you guys have to try these. I actually put in comet pink 4smd lights. Love the cut outs for the art

18CB1857-75BF-4297-B30E-BDF36F4D802B (resized).jpeg18CB1857-75BF-4297-B30E-BDF36F4D802B (resized).jpeg62DF1FE9-B6D8-4ABC-9A8E-3DB7D08D06A5 (resized).jpeg62DF1FE9-B6D8-4ABC-9A8E-3DB7D08D06A5 (resized).jpeg94EA57BB-39DA-4A56-8015-BDA13BB1B233 (resized).jpeg94EA57BB-39DA-4A56-8015-BDA13BB1B233 (resized).jpegB1D30310-F84F-4FE9-88C5-DFB58C60FDDE (resized).jpegB1D30310-F84F-4FE9-88C5-DFB58C60FDDE (resized).jpeg
#3079 3 years ago

I have the same problem with the scoring. Was told it was O/S so i did a full SD card swap still the same issue. Will have a mate help me on Friday and go through all the opto problems will report back if we fix it. So annoying.

#3080 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

Mine seemed to do this as well. I checked everything and everything worked in test mode. What I did that fixed it was I adjusted the right ramp Opto's so they lined up more with the holes in the ramp. I have not had a problem since. Hope its that easy of a fix for yours.

Same problem and same fix worked for me also

#3081 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I have the same problem with the scoring. Was told it was O/S so i did a full SD card swap still the same issue. Will have a mate help me on Friday and go through all the opto problems will report back if we fix it. So annoying.

First put the machine in switch test mode. Shake it to see if a switch is activating or not. If all clear, check alignment of your ramp (both ramps) optos. As MrCleanHead has stated in post 3077.

If that is not it, check all your opto connections on both ramps under the playfield and to the node board. Re seat the connector to the node board also.

It will be a simple solution.

#3082 3 years ago

I have that and an opto under the trunk playing up i will do what you say and report back. Thanks mate.

#3083 3 years ago

I had the same issue. It was the right ramp opto. The two screws that go through the ramp were loose. Snugged them up and the problem went away.... So did my 17 billion score though

#3084 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

So did my 17 billion score though

haha teaches you for fixing the machine.

#3085 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Elvira and WOZ are very both good and very different in game play. If you have the cash they would compliment each other in a small collection. I think you also should consider a classic Williams or Bally title. So many great games to chose from (TZ, WW, TAF, AFM).

Thanks mad dog.My head is spinning as I have to be realistic I have 1 ,made room for 4 and I’d be lucky to get to to that lmao.My goal is a JJP(check),a Stern,a CGC,and last a Bally or Williams.Then trade and sell keeping that balance .Ill feel a lot better when I can get out on location and play a variety.I just seen on maps there’s a place by our camper near Angola IN tgat has 94 pins but haven’t been able to go there ,might this weekend as our “stay out of your place” order has been lifted .Be safe Bud!

#3086 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Thanks mad dog.My head is spinning as I have to be realistic I have 1 ,made room for 4 and I’d be lucky to get to to that lmao.My goal is a JJP(check),a Stern,a CGC,and last a Bally or Williams.Then trade and sell keeping that balance .Ill feel a lot better when I can get out on location and play a variety.I just seen on maps there’s a place by our camper near Angola IN tgat has 94 pins but haven’t been able to go there ,might this weekend as our “stay out of your place” order has been lifted .Be safe Bud!

A friend of mine recently started collecting pins. He bought my WOZ and my first Scared Stiff, and then he got an Alice Cooper and ordered a JP2. So he will have a jjp, spooky, Bally/WMS and Stern. He wants a CGC pin too. Then he needs an American - Houdini, Oktoberfest or Hot Wheels! Tough decisions!

#3087 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I have that and an opto under the trunk playing up i will do what you say and report back. Thanks mate.

All good. Welcome to the club by the way!

#3088 3 years ago

Yes love it mate thankyou. Up there with Maiden and Metallica for me.

#3089 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Yes love it mate thankyou. Up there with Maiden and Metallica for me.

I knew you'd love it.

#3090 3 years ago

Hey I just received a refund for a concert that got cancelled. Since I've got some unexpected disposable income, I was wondering what would be the best use.... Side Armor, or Pin Stadiums? What do you think?

#3091 3 years ago

My favorite haunt is Manos: The Hands of Fate. 1st few shots, the guy getting luggage. Next few shots, people wandering around looking for Debbie. I am laughing by this time, but also start to take the haunt seriously to try to finish it. Thereafter, I barely glance at the screen, but it looks like satanic rituals are taking place. So funny. Finished it once!

#3092 3 years ago

Shoot the ramps to slap Torgo!

#3093 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

My favorite haunt is Manos: The Hands of Fate. 1st few shots, the guy getting luggage. Next few shots, people wandering around looking for Debbie. I am laughing by this time, but also start to take the haunt seriously to try to finish it. Thereafter, I barely glance at the screen, but it looks like satanic rituals are taking place. So funny. Finished it once!

Just out of curiosity, you do know how to find Debbie and advance the haunt faster, right?

#3094 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Just out of curiosity, you do know how to find Debbie and advance the haunt faster, right?

Haha, no! I can find Debbie faster? I can slap Torgo? These maneuvers sound good! So funny, this game. Let me know how when you get the chance. Thanks

#3095 3 years ago

I joined the club! LE on it's way to be delivered tuesday. Gappa happy!

Rob

#3096 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Haha, no! I can find Debbie faster? I can slap Torgo? These maneuvers sound good! So funny, this game. Let me know how when you get the chance. Thanks

When you get to the part where you have to find Debbie, look at the color of the arrows. That's all I'll say. (Same thing goes for finding the body in TBTWD.)

#3097 3 years ago

The colors are really subtle. I often have a hard time telling the difference. Or at least figuring out which one to shoot to do what I want to do before the ball is already on its way there.

Am I the only one who is bothered by the fact that the different timers disappear depending on what's going on?

#3098 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

I joined the club! LE on it's way to be delivered tuesday. Gappa happy!

Welcome!

Is the game new or from someone that will regret the sale?

#3099 3 years ago

Ok Guys so update is Elvira playing beautiful now thanks to my mate. So we fixed the trunk opto just had adjust it under the playfield etc it was loose. Then fixed the ramp opto that was what was giving me the crazy score, That thing was also loose so adjusted that. Also fixed the ramp hitting a metal piece on the right gargoyle. Just glued it with a hot glue gun. Now just to fix my Metallica what a headache lol. Kids stuck home playing machines and they are not holding up. We fixed 3 machines today so that was a good effort now for some fun on This Beautiful machine Elvira i gotta say Wow! Big thanks to everyone here who led me in the right direction thanks guys!

#3100 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Ok Guys so update is Elvira playing beautiful now thanks to my mate. So we fixed the trunk opto just had adjust it under the playfield etc it was loose. Then fixed the ramp opto that was what was giving me the crazy score, That thing was also loose so adjusted that. Also fixed the ramp hitting a metal piece on the right gargoyle. Just glued it with a hot glue gun. Now just to fix my Metallica what a headache lol. Kids stuck home playing machines and they are not holding up. We fixed 3 machines today so that was a good effort now for some fun on This Beautiful machine Elvira i gotta say Wow! Big thanks to everyone here who led me in the right direction thanks guys!

Great to hear you've got things sorted and enjoying one of Sterns best

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

18,500 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 62 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/62?hl=hbagz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.