IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 363.
#3001 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Thanks mate will reset that. The trunk fires occasionally like the opto is to sensitive if i press down on the plastic near it, I even pressed down on the playfield and it happened. Very sensitive. Just little things like that i am slowly fixing.

I had a similar issue like yours when I installed a PF protector on my game. Turns out I needed to adjust the switch so that it wouldn't fire randomly.

#3002 3 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

I had a similar issue like yours when I installed a PF protector on my game. Turns out I needed to adjust the switch so that it wouldn't fire randomly.

Thanks mate machine a bit new for me am trying to get my head around some of the new tech.

#3003 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looking for advice.I just bought my first pin WOZRR and looking for second (can’t tell if this is a hobby or a sickness).Im finishing basement and made room for 4.I want 4 different play experiences and this is the one I’m eyeing.Sucks can’t get out and play a variety as I just recently woken to the greatest entertainment on earth.What can you tell me about the play of this as opposed to WOZ? I appreciate any input n stay safe all!!

Congrats on your WOZ and welcome to this awesome hobby! WOZ was also my first ever pin. The problem for me was, where do you go from there?! For me, WOZ was the most amazing looking game I had ever seen. I had played lots of other pins, but I had to really learn what I liked to appreciate other games. I sorta wish I had started with a Sys11 or something and found WOZ much later. EHoH is much different from WOZ in most ways. Both are great games, but WOZ is a widebody with 2 upper playfields that plays very differently. I had mine for almost 4 years, but was ready to move on after about 800 games. I’ve owned about 50 pins since WOZ, and EHoH is one of the best to come out in quite a while! The code is excellent, and the haunted house is one of the best features in pinball! Good luck!

#3004 3 years ago
Quoted from Kkoss24:

Looking for advice.I just bought my first pin WOZRR and looking for second (can’t tell if this is a hobby or a sickness).Im finishing basement and made room for 4.I want 4 different play experiences and this is the one I’m eyeing.Sucks can’t get out and play a variety as I just recently woken to the greatest entertainment on earth.What can you tell me about the play of this as opposed to WOZ? I appreciate any input n stay safe all!!

Elvira and WOZ are very both good and very different in game play. If you have the cash they would compliment each other in a small collection. I think you also should consider a classic Williams or Bally title. So many great games to chose from (TZ, WW, TAF, AFM).

#3005 3 years ago

Might add a little red to my lower playfield GI but my friend made these. Should really pop with the LE and other models. Goes well with the playfield art. I think he plans to make these on a larger scale. He also cut out around the GI as seen on the giant leeches so you still have the benefit of the art
676D3922-2FA4-4FC2-AE41-6EB64062F1F8 (resized).jpeg676D3922-2FA4-4FC2-AE41-6EB64062F1F8 (resized).jpeg

#3006 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Might add a little red to my lower playfield GI but my friend made these. Should really pop with the LE and other models. Goes well with the playfield art. I think he plans to make these on a larger scale. He also cut out around the GI as seen on the giant leeches so you still have the benefit of the art
[quoted image]

I like the look but I'm afraid the thin edges around the art cutouts will fail from a ball strike. That area gets smacked a lot in multiball.

#3007 3 years ago

Anybody else have this pop bumper alignment issue? The bottom bumper is low enough it's chewed up this crypt plastic. I have a lot of stucky balls on this pop on the right side I'm guessing because it was installed too low. I tried to loosen the bolts and justify the pop away from the plastic but there was 0 wiggle room. Don't think there's a fix other than widening the pop mount holes to move it about .20".

20200510_114530.jpg20200510_114530.jpg
#3008 3 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

I like the look but I'm afraid the thin edges around the art cutouts will fail from a ball strike. That area gets smacked a lot in multiball.

Its 3mm (1/8") acrylic. I have about 20 games on it now, plenty of multiballs and no issues. Its actually pretty rigid, especially since the factory plastics sit right on top. The attached picture is the latest version of it that I have on my machine also. The blood is a little wider and shorter toward the bottom of the slings. Thats pretty much the only spot I would be worried about.

IMG_0706 (resized).JPGIMG_0706 (resized).JPG
#3009 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Anybody else have this pop bumper alignment issue? The bottom bumper is low enough it's chewed up this crypt plastic. I have a lot of stucky balls on this pop on the right side I'm guessing because it was installed too low. I tried to loosen the bolts and justify the pop away from the plastic but there was 0 wiggle room. Don't think there's a fix other than widening the pop mount holes to move it about .20".
[quoted image]

Mine is close, about .03-.05 away but not hitting. Can you move the Crypt at all?

#3010 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

[quoted image]

I also have wires on the outside of the crypt at that spot.....??

IMG_0707 (resized).JPGIMG_0707 (resized).JPG
#3011 3 years ago

Ever since updating to 0.95 code everything in the audits menu is staying at zero. It still seems to be counting lifetime games, but that is it. Is this normal, or did I maybe change a setting that caused this?

#3012 3 years ago

I haven't looked at moving the crypt yet but being that I'm having the issue with the stuck balls on the right side of that pop I might try wallowing out the holes in the pop assembly and see if I can kill two birds with one stone.

#3013 3 years ago

not sure if anyone noticed, and not that the rating system means much, but HoH just broke top 10 on the top 100 of Pinside. truly deserves it, imho it's Lyman's magnum opus.

considering I own a gorgeous SE, I'll be giving it a 10 out of 10 and writing a shining review once we get to 1.0

#3014 3 years ago

Should have my premium this week. You guys should be on commission.

#3015 3 years ago
Quoted from jandrea95:

Should have my premium this week. You guys should be on commission.

Code updating coming this month!!

#3016 3 years ago

Please pm me if you know any distributors w an LE. I’m itching to join the club.

#3017 3 years ago

Anyone have powdercoat pictures of their Premium? I have 2 red trimmed games and didn’t want another one in red. I elected to go illusion purple, but I’m not sure how that’s going to look.

#3018 3 years ago

LOL mine sits right next to my tricked out Iron Man and had the same issue. I was considering a glossy black with Robert Stone’s mega sparkle silver mixed with smaller magenta sparkles... he also posted a sparkly green that looks OK... but purple sounds cool too thanks for being the guinea pig looking forward to checking it out!

#3019 3 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

LOL mine sits right next to my tricked out Iron Man and had the same issue. I was considering a glossy black with Robert Stone’s mega sparkle silver mixed with smaller magenta sparkles... he also posted a sparkly green that looks OK... but purple sounds cool too thanks for being the guinea pig looking forward to checking it out!

Shit, well I already paid for it. Lucky for me, there's a powdercoat dude 3 minutes from my house and it was cheap. If it looks terrible, BOLO for my purple trim ad!

#3020 3 years ago

Illusion purple matches my old Metallica right? Should look killer!

#3021 3 years ago

Illusion purple matches my old Metallica right? Should look killer!

Yes indeed. I may wind up switching the t-molding color to purple as well as the speaker molding color.

I have a few purple accent LEDs on the playfield, and the apron/backglass have touches of purple.

I’ll upload pictures so everyone can make fun of me.

#3022 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

Ever since updating to 0.95 code everything in the audits menu is staying at zero. It still seems to be counting lifetime games, but that is it. Is this normal, or did I maybe change a setting that caused this?

Same issue in JP, so it must be a core O/S issue.

Rob

#3023 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Code updating coming this month!!

That's great news, but how do you know this? Can't wait to see the new surprises, whatever they are!

#3024 3 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

That's great news, but how do you know this? Can't wait to see the new surprises, whatever they are!

You can become a Stern Insider and get this emailed to you each month.

https://sternpinball.com/2020/05/04/stern-of-the-union-address-may-2020/

#3025 3 years ago
Quoted from Greenandwhite:

Please pm me if you know any distributors w an LE. I’m itching to join the club.

Going to be hard to find an LE NIB at a distributor, but there seem to be a few out there. There was a run on the remaining (limited) investors after the Expo panel. There are a few LEs NIB around (there is one in the Pinside marketplace and one on eBay now) though I suspect some that show available are just because web pages haven’t been updated. Doesn’t take all that long to call around though.

Fortunately, there are no game play differences with the Premium and those are still available NIB.

Good luck! Don’t wait too long - there were only 200 in the US.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#3026 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Going to be hard to find an LE NIB at a distributor, but there seem to be a few out there. There was a run on the remaining (limited) investors after the Expo panel. There are a few LEs NIB around (there is one in the Pinside marketplace and one on eBay now) though I suspect some that show available are just because web pages haven’t been updated. Doesn’t take all that long to call around though.
Fortunately, there are no game play differences with the Premium and those are still available NIB.
Good luck! Don’t wait too long - there were only 200 in the US.

Do you know about how many of each trim level were sold in America so far? Is the 200 the LE? Does anyone know roughly how many premiums were made so far?

#3027 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Same issue in JP, so it must be a core O/S issue.
Rob

Contacted Stern and they said it was probably the CPU board and they would switch it out, so I'll find out soon if that's the problem.

#3028 3 years ago

Does anybody know rules for Phone a fiend MB?
Creator of this rule sheet forgot to update rulesheet: http://tiltforums.com/t/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-rulesheet-wip/5815

#3029 3 years ago

Found my lost ball. I am occasionally getting a ball stuck under the left ramp. Apparently, when the back of the house guide is in lowered position, the ball goes up the house ramp, hits the guide, and once in a while "jumps" in to the corner. It gets lodged between the left ramp and plastic as shown in the attached photo. The only way to get it out is to slightly lift the playfield so that it will drop through the back corner to the lower cabinet. I had the house apart to install new skill shot guides and still could not figure out what was making this happen. I remember a similar situation with Iron Maiden Premium to the right of Sarcophagus Lock but could see how it happened and I installed a plastic spacer. On Elvira, I can't really tell how the ball hits this mark. To add to the mystery, the ball has occasionally made it to the garage lock from the house ramp. I did notice wear on the lower side of the plastic cover piece in back of the house. With under 200 plays, the spiderweb is already worn off. The ball must be hitting it pretty hard as it flies up the ramp... however, I can't find any relation to this causing the ball to make it to the corner or the garage. Anyone else have similar issue? Does it just need a little tweak?

HOH stuck ball (resized).jpgHOH stuck ball (resized).jpg
#3030 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Yes indeed. I may wind up switching the t-molding color to purple as well as the speaker molding color.
I have a few purple accent LEDs on the playfield, and the apron/backglass have touches of purple.
I’ll upload pictures so everyone can make fun of me.

This is a custom mix I do to match the Elvira green. So there’s this option. My experience with illusion purple is it will look good enough. It’s a very very dark color so for the most part short of being in direct sunlight it’ll be close to a black. This games tricky cause the interior doesn’t really reflect exterior ya know. I was honestly surprised how good the green looks

2A1D4B10-A671-4687-BBFF-D712CB5720C0 (resized).jpeg2A1D4B10-A671-4687-BBFF-D712CB5720C0 (resized).jpeg5189C935-84E2-45CD-98B2-6B76B19EE7CC (resized).jpeg5189C935-84E2-45CD-98B2-6B76B19EE7CC (resized).jpeg
#3031 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

Found my lost ball. I am occasionally getting a ball stuck under the left ramp. Apparently, when the back of the house guide is in lowered position, the ball goes up the house ramp, hits the guide, and once in a while "jumps" in to the corner. It gets lodged between the left ramp and plastic as shown in the attached photo. The only way to get it out is to slightly lift the playfield so that it will drop through the back corner to the lower cabinet. I had the house apart to install new skill shot guides and still could not figure out what was making this happen. I remember a similar situation with Iron Maiden Premium to the right of Sarcophagus Lock but could see how it happened and I installed a plastic spacer. On Elvira, I can't really tell how the ball hits this mark. To add to the mystery, the ball has occasionally made it to the garage lock from the house ramp. I did notice wear on the lower side of the plastic cover piece in back of the house. With under 200 plays, the spiderweb is already worn off. The ball must be hitting it pretty hard as it flies up the ramp... however, I can't find any relation to this causing the ball to make it to the corner or the garage. Anyone else have similar issue? Does it just need a little tweak?
[quoted image]

This is happened to me a few times but I have not come up with a fix.

#3032 3 years ago

This is a custom mix I do to match the Elvira green. So there’s this option. My experience with illusion purple is it will look good enough. It’s a very very dark color so for the most part short of being in direct sunlight it’ll be close to a black. This games tricky cause the interior doesn’t really reflect exterior ya know. I was honestly surprised how good the green looks
[quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice!

#3033 3 years ago

Thanks Robert. That looks similar to the GB you did for me.

I have BKSOR in black iced cherry next to Elvira which looks very dark expect under certain lights. If I can do the same thing with purple, I’ll be happy.

#3034 3 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Thanks Robert. That looks similar to the GB you did for me.
I have BKSOR in black iced cherry next to Elvira which looks very dark expect under certain lights. If I can do the same thing with purple, I’ll be happy.

It’ll be close to a black cherry but Almost a raisine color. It won’t be loud so you should be good it’s a pretty solid tone

#3035 3 years ago

Thanks for the share. I used green for t-molding and was considering doing the armor but this may be too over the top for my taste.

100E7A95-43F5-4FA0-8BA7-741B39C3EAD2 (resized).jpeg100E7A95-43F5-4FA0-8BA7-741B39C3EAD2 (resized).jpeg
#3036 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Thanks for the share. I used green for t-molding and was considering doing the armor but this may be too over the top for my taste.
[quoted image]

I really like that green t-moulding you used, @tktlwyr. If I'm able to swing an Elvira Premium one of these days before they're all gobbled up, I'd do the same for mine, especially since it would sit near my BKSOR and that's already on maximum red.

I'm not anywhere near my games right now to ballpark it, so about how much do you actually need to do the head (I'd buy some extra; just don't want to get too much), and where did you ultimately decide to get it from given the vendors out there?

#3037 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Do you know about how many of each trim level were sold in America so far? Is the 200 the LE? Does anyone know roughly how many premiums were made so far?

There were 50 SLEs total. I heard that most stayed in NA rather than being split but don’t know the specifics.

The 200 is the LE (400 worldwide).

No clue as to number of Premiums so far though sales had picked up 1Q and another run was scheduled for the line late summer before the lockdown (and plenty of time for more).

JP2 overshadowed Elvira initially but it seems like interest in Elvira has picked up as the code has progressed. I don’t think Elvira will see JP2 numbers but don’t think it will end up being the flop many predicted.

#3038 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

I really like that green t-moulding you used, tktlwyr. If I'm able to swing an Elvira Premium one of these days before they're all gobbled up, I'd do the same for mine, especially since it would sit near my BKSOR and that's already on maximum red.
I'm not anywhere near my games right now to ballpark it, so about how much do you actually need to do the head (I'd buy some extra; just don't want to get too much), and where did you ultimately decide to get it from given the vendors out there?

It's been a few years since I purchased it. It was originally purchased for a video game restoration.

http://www.twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=150

There's a 20' minimum so you're looking about $10 plus shipping from Twisted Quarter.

#3039 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

It's been a few years since I purchased it. It was originally purchased for a video game restoration.
http://www.twistedquarter.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=14&products_id=150
There's a 20' minimum so you're looking about $10 plus shipping from Twisted Quarter.

I get mine here

https://www.t-molding.com/3-4in-bright-green-t-molding.html

#3040 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

Thanks, folks!
Looks like an excellent match.

#3041 3 years ago

I just picked up purple t-molding from there. I’ll post pictures when it’s all together.

#3042 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

JP2 overshadowed Elvira initially but it seems like interest in Elvira has picked up as the code has progressed. I don’t think Elvira will see JP2 numbers but don’t think it will end up being the flop many predicted.

The initial code reveal for Elvira was pretty underwhelming to me. And I admit I was concerned code was going to take longer, but Lyman appears to have really made excellent progress lately as the game is nearing completion. I purchase based upon what a game is, not what I think it will be. I was interested in Elvira before reveal, but then the reveal just didn't have enough there for me to justify purchase at that time. I bought games before based upon what I expected it would be (KISS) and was disappointed when code development was dropped like a hot potato shortly after release. Yeah KISS eventually got its update, but it was way far overdue.

JP2 is cool, but it's also one of the most convoluted games rule wise that I have ever played. Some shots are frustratingly tight too. I still like it, but I am going to balance it with Elvira which has an easier shot map and rules that are a bit less complicated, but still fun and challenging (it seems). And I like campy humor too!

Rob

Rob

#3043 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

JP2 is cool, but it's also one of the most convoluted games rule wise that I have ever played. Some shots are frustratingly tight too. I still like it, but I am going to balance it with Elvira which has an easier shot map and rules that are a bit less complicated, but still fun and challenging (it seems). And I like campy humor too!

Nailed it. Both games are amazing in their own ways... but JP can be a real ball buster! Elvira is the best coded fan layout I’ve ever played, and I always have a great time playing it. Having these two next to each other is a real privilege for sure!

#3044 3 years ago

Nailed it. Both games are amazing in their own ways... but JP can be a real ball buster! Elvira is the best coded fan layout I’ve ever played, and I always have a great time playing it. Having these two next to each other is a real privilege for sure!

Yep, 3lvira and JP2 are my next games I want to get. Would have 3lvira already but when quarantine happened we decided to save the money in case it was needed. The money is still ready for once this is over.

#3045 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The initial code reveal for Elvira was pretty underwhelming to me. And I admit I was concerned code was going to take longer, but Lyman appears to have really made excellent progress lately as the game is nearing completion. I purchase based upon what a game is, not what I think it will be. I was interested in Elvira before reveal, but then the reveal just didn't have enough there for me to justify purchase at that time. I bought games before based upon what I expected it would be (KISS) and was disappointed when code development was dropped like a hot potato shortly after release. Yeah KISS eventually got its update, but it was way far overdue.
Rob
Rob

Agree. I had a JP2 first and we enjoyed it. But I didn’t see even half the game and had some trouble understanding the rules. I blew up one game for a top 5 score and had no idea why. To be fair, JP2 wasn’t 100% finished with its code yet either. But we have enjoyed playing HoH more than JP. That’s just us.

#3046 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

The initial code reveal for Elvira was pretty underwhelming to me. And I admit I was concerned code was going to take longer, but Lyman appears to have really made excellent progress lately as the game is nearing completion. I purchase based upon what a game is, not what I think it will be. I was interested in Elvira before reveal, but then the reveal just didn't have enough there for me to justify purchase at that time. I bought games before based upon what I expected it would be (KISS) and was disappointed when code development was dropped like a hot potato shortly after release.

I think your approach to purchasing is the best way to do it these days and one I advocated in the Dark Knight for Stern thread a while back.

I was willing to take a risk on Elvira in October because I really wanted an LE, believed that Stern had at least partially addressed the playfield quality issues, and, perhaps most importantly, because Lyman was on the code. I had lived through what he had done with Batman 66 from the beginning, was very pleased with the results and had no reason to doubt the same with Elvira, especially after hearing him speak about the game at Expo.

But after the Batman and Elvira LEs I can’t imagine Stern coming out with a game that would put me in the position of gambling on code again.

We are very fortunate to have a world-class pinball player and an obvious perfectionist as the lead programmer on Elvira.

#3047 3 years ago

Hear hear. I felt like the game was too easy at first too, but after the last few code updates, it's gotten much harder - there's a whole lot more to do as well!

#3048 3 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think your approach to purchasing is the best way to do it these days and one I advocated in the Dark Knight for Stern thread a while back.
I was willing to take a risk on Elvira in October because I really wanted an LE, believed that Stern had at least partially addressed the playfield quality issues, and, perhaps most importantly, because Lyman was on the code. I had lived through what he had done with Batman 66 from the beginning, was very pleased with the results and had no reason to doubt the same with Elvira, especially after hearing him speak about the game at Expo.
But after the Batman and Elvira LEs I can’t imagine Stern coming out with a game that would put me in the position of gambling on code again.
We are very fortunate to have a world-class pinball player and an obvious perfectionist as the lead programmer on Elvira.

Until Lyman gets put on a new game!

#3049 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hear hear. I felt like the game was too easy at first too, but after the last few code updates, it's gotten much harder - there's a whole lot more to do as well!

Yeah there’s a lot of risk reward stuff... if I’m doing terrible I go for extra balls, if I’m crushing ball one I start going for multiballs to prime Gappa... if I wanna see new haunts I’ll focus on the trunk and skeleton key combo... if I’m focusing purely on score I’ll go for double trouble more often stacked into multiballs... it seriously boggles my mind there is still stuff missing!

#3050 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Until Lyman gets put on a new game!

Ha ha. It’s not so much Lyman as it is the odds of Stern doing another themed game I’d be interested in ...

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

9,000 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

18,500 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,124 posts in this topic. You are on page 61 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/61?hl=therudyb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.