IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 362.
#2951 3 years ago

A Cliffy protector will solve this problem, at least it did on mine.

#2952 3 years ago

Today, when I was browsing videos on .94 code by using PB (.94 version is now able to be opened with PB, but unfortunately sounds are empty, but videos are okay), I found video of spaceship coming and abducting Eyeball that was on the roof of Elvira's house. I also found more spaceship videos where spaceship abducts something
from Elvira's roof.
Does anybody know when is this animation used in gameplay?

Aliens (resized).jpgAliens (resized).jpgEyeball abduction (resized).jpgEyeball abduction (resized).jpg
#2953 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

Today, when I was browsing videos on .94 code by using PB (.94 version is now able to be opened with PB, but unfortunately sounds are empty, but videos are okay), I found video of spaceship coming and abducting Eyeball that was on the roof of Elvira's house. I also found more spaceship videos where spaceship abducts something
from Elvira's roof.
Does anybody know when is this animation used in gameplay?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Not for now

#2954 3 years ago

It's okay

#2955 3 years ago

its Lyman laments mode

#2956 3 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

its Lyman laments mode

Is that answer to my question about Alien animation?

#2957 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

ahh ok I'm gonna try and lower the power now as far as I can while still ejecting. thx for the tip!

Yeah, lower the eject power, add Mylar to the lane, or consider metal protectors for both sides of the shooter lane. Cliffy makes them. I used to just use Mylar, but you’ll still get some wear under it. The metal is pretty bulletproof, if you don’t mind the change in appearance.

#2958 3 years ago

I heard back from distributor, he offered to order small bottle of touch up clear coat from Stern and suggested purchasing a shooter lane protector(another customer did that)
I lowered trough eject power to 150ish and it seems to be working.
It seems strange that the default factory settings damage the finish so quickly after 4 days.
I realize plastics crack, rubbers wear etc and my future is maintenance but this did surprise me.

On a different note. I'm finding the Beast Booster Spinner almost completely covers the Right Orbit target lamp. I just happen to be the right height and stand slightly back so its hard to notice. Anyone else have same issue? Is there Transparent Spinners that can be used to replace the default?
or does anyone have video with Mirror Blades in this Pin? I'm wondering if it would reflect the target lamp in the orbit to the side and be easier to see as well as a bonus

#2959 3 years ago

Guess I am officially pulling the trigger. After mentioning it to my wife in terms of "should we get it?" she simply responded "you havent already ordered it?"

#2960 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

On a different note. I'm finding the Beast Booster Spinner almost completely covers the Right Orbit target lamp. I just happen to be the right height and stand slightly back so its hard to notice. Anyone else have same issue? Is there Transparent Spinners that can be used to replace the default?
or does anyone have video with Mirror Blades in this Pin? I'm wondering if it would reflect the target lamp in the orbit to the side and be easier to see as well as a bonus

I have the same problem, but after a while you just know when it's lit for a mode shot. If I'm ever in doubt, I just cradle up and lean over to double-check.

If the LE hadn't come with art blades, I would've put in mirror blades anyway. IJS.

#2961 3 years ago

Today I adjusted the left ball guide so that the orbit no longer feeds the left sling, but instead the left flipper. Wish I had done this sooner. It is such a nice change. The guide has a slotted mount, so after removing playfield plastics it was an easy adjustment, (pic1.) I had to move it quite a bit as seen in pic 2. I would like an elegant solution to protect the edge of the rail. Post 587 shows a piece of plastic in there. A thicker post sleeve? Can't find anything online that would work. Any suggestions?

20200506_174005 (resized).jpg20200506_174005 (resized).jpg20200506_182128 (resized).jpg20200506_182128 (resized).jpg
#2962 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Today I adjusted the left ball guide so that the orbit no longer feeds the left sling, but instead the left flipper. Wish I had done this sooner. It is such a nice change. The guide has a slotted mount, so after removing playfield plastics it was an easy adjustment, (pic1.) I had to move it quite a bit as seen in pic 2. I would like an elegant solution to protect the edge of the rail. Post 587 shows a piece of plastic in there. A thicker post sleeve? Can't find anything online that would work. Any suggestions?

That is great info. Thanks for sharing.

If you get a BW post sleeve they are thicker and could solve your issue. Please remember that the Standard Stern sleeves are slim, hard rubber and tapered, most of the aftermarket stuff is not tapered. We use Titan on all our games.

#2963 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

If you get a BW post sleeve they are thicker and could solve your issue. Please remember that the Standard Stern sleeves are slim, hard rubber and tapered, most of the aftermarket stuff is not tapered. We use Titan on all our games.

Thank you, ordered a few B/W sleeves. Went for the red.

#2964 3 years ago

I’ll take some better pictures but I decided to redo the armor on my Elvira LE to the SLE finish. I put a little extra flair on mine but in person it’s like the perfect shade. I’ll take it out in the sun tomorrow

0966EC53-1294-4744-BEEB-418CCCD06FBA (resized).jpeg0966EC53-1294-4744-BEEB-418CCCD06FBA (resized).jpeg0D627CF5-CCD9-4682-9787-47A4FE5E3B52 (resized).jpeg0D627CF5-CCD9-4682-9787-47A4FE5E3B52 (resized).jpeg196E1D7B-94A0-4DBA-91DD-FAF1FCEB9FF6 (resized).jpeg196E1D7B-94A0-4DBA-91DD-FAF1FCEB9FF6 (resized).jpeg3D901CF4-9921-4D1E-9D82-AE1CABFF5A6B (resized).jpeg3D901CF4-9921-4D1E-9D82-AE1CABFF5A6B (resized).jpeg48BC1A8D-1ED6-4291-9F0E-53AD4D9CBE9E (resized).jpeg48BC1A8D-1ED6-4291-9F0E-53AD4D9CBE9E (resized).jpeg7BA10235-2016-40F6-B8E1-C615C9E95B86 (resized).jpeg7BA10235-2016-40F6-B8E1-C615C9E95B86 (resized).jpeg8188021E-3712-4FF7-9999-A8B265FBBD10 (resized).jpeg8188021E-3712-4FF7-9999-A8B265FBBD10 (resized).jpeg85CC9ED0-BE65-4A4D-B65E-C93EC52D5AF6 (resized).jpeg85CC9ED0-BE65-4A4D-B65E-C93EC52D5AF6 (resized).jpeg86D351B8-C300-4DFC-B324-044EC35A17E0 (resized).jpeg86D351B8-C300-4DFC-B324-044EC35A17E0 (resized).jpegCA30ED23-911B-4997-AC48-7F532826C870 (resized).jpegCA30ED23-911B-4997-AC48-7F532826C870 (resized).jpegBBC27CC9-468F-4F86-BBB1-22AF8DB24819 (resized).jpegBBC27CC9-468F-4F86-BBB1-22AF8DB24819 (resized).jpegC0ED09C1-E726-4C7E-BDB9-884BE8F8A484 (resized).jpegC0ED09C1-E726-4C7E-BDB9-884BE8F8A484 (resized).jpegF0C98F7E-7F04-4567-BD10-C5E9EA6CE58E (resized).jpegF0C98F7E-7F04-4567-BD10-C5E9EA6CE58E (resized).jpeg9470CDCA-7A96-4255-B439-27441A495816 (resized).jpeg9470CDCA-7A96-4255-B439-27441A495816 (resized).jpeg31B6402B-5FA5-43F1-B22A-2A267CE3B80D (resized).jpeg31B6402B-5FA5-43F1-B22A-2A267CE3B80D (resized).jpeg
#2965 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I’ll take some better pictures but I decided to redo the armor on my Elvira LE to the SLE finish. I put a little extra flair on mine but in person it’s like the perfect shade. I’ll take it out in the sun tomorrow
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Very nice!

#2966 3 years ago

Does anybody know how to light Dead return, the ball saver that activates sometimes when ball exits the outlane?

#2967 3 years ago

Does anybody know how to light Dead return, the ball saver that activates sometimes when ball exits the outlane?

i believe someone said it lights after you kill a deadhead..

#2968 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice work, care to share the name of the colour?

#2969 3 years ago

As bloodydrake responded, it lights whenever you vanquish a Dead Head - and it does not carry over ball-to-ball by default.

#2970 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

i believe someone said it lights after you kill a deadhead..

Thank you!

Quoted from T7:

As bloodydrake responded, it lights whenever you vanquish a Dead Head - and it does not carry over ball-to-ball by default.

Thank you!

#2971 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

I did notice the finish is all cracked off the playfield in the ball launch area..basically where the game ejects it to the plunger. Should be worried? Or is that just considered normal wear(first time pinball table owner).
I'll be honest after 4 days of play i wasn't expecting that LOL.[quoted image]

I would love to get one of these . But seeing stuff like this really puts me off . You shouldn't have to put Mylar or cliffy's on the Shooter lane . After more than 2 years my Hobbit playfield is perfect , besides minor dimpling .
Have many of you guys had playfield issues such as chipping , pooling , excessive dimpling , ect .

#2972 3 years ago

#92 is in the House

This is my first modern game since WMS Pinball 2000 (RFM and SWE1) Way different than my 90's DMD games. Does anyone know if you can disable the lockdown button when its on freeplay and only be used when its supposed to be used in game? I have a habit of hitting it every time I see it flash.

IMG_0699 (resized).JPGIMG_0699 (resized).JPG
#2973 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

#92 is in the House
This is my first modern game since WMS Pinball 2000 (RFM and SWE1) Way different than my 90's DMD games. Does anyone know if you can disable the lockdown button when its on freeplay and only be used when its supposed to be used in game? I have a habit of hitting it every time I see it flash.
[quoted image]

Unsure exactly where in the settings on this game, but I know you can disable it from starting the game, adding a player, launching the ball, etc.

#2974 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

#92 is in the House
[quoted image]

Jandrea95 is correct. It’s one of the last in feature settings, I believe. “Disable action button to start game on free play” or something to that effect. I got tired of starting a game every time I leaned over the game to adjust something.

You have an incredible collection of classic 90’s era Bally/WMS games, btw!

#2975 3 years ago
Quoted from MrCleanHead:

#92 is in the House
[quoted image]

Question for you mate... How much do you have to move the elvira, or the other pins, to slide out the glass.
Just curious, as it would seem like a bit of a hassle for waxing and if a ball gets stuck.

I'm not criticizing you. I'm just curious, as I like the setup, and wonder how manageable it is.

#2976 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

I did notice the finish is all cracked off the playfield in the ball launch area..basically where the game ejects it to the plunger. Should be worried? Or is that just considered normal wear(first time pinball table owner).
I'll be honest after 4 days of play i wasn't expecting that LOL.

Mine is the same as yours, but unfortunately I didn't notice it until it looked like this after 500 plays. I just bought one of those clear trough protectors, and I really don't notice it anymore. Cheap clear and soft wood. Disappointing.

EHOH-TRoughDamage - 1 (resized).jpgEHOH-TRoughDamage - 1 (resized).jpg
#2977 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

I decided to go for it. Using the instructions posted by Pozzest01, I repositioned the mount and drilled pilot holes with a 3/32 bit. The machine screw hole did not reallign (photo 1) How could it? So I left it out as did another poster. Photo 2 shows how far I moved the mount.
This Vuk now litterally blasts the ball across the playfield, violently hitting the 36-24-36 targets! Now I get to lower the VUK power. (A success story mostly for guys new to the hobby. I know this is no big deal for you experienced guys. Thanks for the help!)[quoted image][quoted image]

Ok, so here's my thing with the crypt VUK. I don't have issues with mine firing the ball up onto the playfield. It doesn't take more than one try to spit the ball out. But, it doesn't come out clean and hit the trunk lock standups (is it supposed to?). My understanding was, that's the intended design. It's supposed to assist with hitting those 3 stand-ups across the playfield. Others have had success repositioning the VUK assembly under the pf. I'm worried I will create a problem that doesn't exist yet. Should I be happy the ball comes out every time? Or go for it and make the game play the way it could/should? I've tried all kinds of eject power settings. Full power sorta spits it out toward the left outlane, or just below the standups. It doesn't seem to come flying out smoothly. Lower power settings result in smoother eject, but the balls don't reach the standups, they head toward the left slings or left flipper.

Should I be grateful the VUK works and leave it be?

#2978 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Ok, so here's my thing with the crypt VUK

I'm not very handy and it was a pretty easy adjustment, (after stressing about it for a while.) I went for it because I figured it was reversible. You can always just put it back at the old screw holes after filling your holes with some wood filler. Ended up being a fun project, but maybe don't go for it if you wouldn't find it fun. If you bought through a local distributor they could probably do it for you.

The fix has been durable so far and well worth the trouble. The VUK went from being an annoyance to a cool mech.

#2979 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

I'm not very handy and it was a pretty easy adjustment, (after stressing about it for a while.) I went for it because I figured it was reversible. You can always just put it back at the old screw holes after filling your holes with some wood filler. Ended up being a fun project, but maybe don't go for it if you wouldn't find it fun. If you bought through a local distributor they could probably do it for you.
The fix has been durable so far and well worth the trouble. The VUK went from being an annoyance to a cool mech.

Thanks! I’m pretty handy at this point with adjustments. So I’m ok with drilling new pilot holes and adjusting the VUK. I just want to be sure it’s worth the trouble to have the VUK strike the “open the trunk” lock stand ups. I would prefer that! Is this an adjustment most owners are making?

#2980 3 years ago

Yes, worth it. Ball now hits upper 36 or 24 and often 36 and 24 together, even with VUK power turned down. Was thinking of lowering power to hit lower 36 as that is is the hardest for me to target with flipper, but plenty happy as is. About 10% of the time it ejects above the upper 36, but has never gone into the trunk scoop. I would love to see that happen. What is even better than it hitting the targets though is that it just now feels right, not feeble, shooting with satisfying power.

I am also curious to know how many have made this adjustment. No idea.

#2981 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Yes, worth it. Ball now hits upper 36 or 24 and often 36 and 24 together, even with VUK power turned down. Was thinking of lowering power to hit lower 36 as that is is the hardest for me to target with flipper, but plenty happy as is. About 10% of the time it ejects above the upper 36, but has never gone into the trunk scoop. I would love to see that happen. What is even better than it hitting the targets though is that it just now feels right, not feeble, shooting with satisfying power.

Weird how this is such a finicky mech. Mine goes into the trunk scoop about half the time, and it shoots out FAST. Default settings, too. I’ve not adjusted it, just got lucky - but it shows it’s possible to get it all dialed in.

#2982 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Jandrea95 is correct. It’s one of the last in feature settings, I believe. “Disable action button to start game on free play” or something to that effect. I got tired of starting a game every time I leaned over the game to adjust something.
You have an incredible collection of classic 90’s era Bally/WMS games, btw!

Found it! Thanks!

Quoted from Diospinball:

Question for you mate... How much do you have to move the elvira, or the other pins, to slide out the glass.
Just curious, as it would seem like a bit of a hassle for waxing and if a ball gets stuck.
I'm not criticizing you. I'm just curious, as I like the setup, and wonder how manageable it is.

It was just sitting in a temporary spot since I just brought it home, its now in the line up with the rest Im out of room in my office now.

IMG_0702 (resized).JPGIMG_0702 (resized).JPG
#2983 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

I also has to adjust mine. As described above, it worked, but wasn't coming out clean. The bracket that is screwed into the back of the playfield already had 2 other sets of drilled out holes underneath it.

I ended up leaving it screwed into the original holes and just removing the screw in the bracket above the plastic subway. Works like a dream now.

#2984 3 years ago

Hey its Friday, WTF wheres the new code!?! Just teasing of course. IMO Medisinyls flap trap casket mod is a "must have!" Thanks Gregg!

barry dlive (resized).jpgbarry dlive (resized).jpg
#2985 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Thoughts guys. I may trade a Very Mint Addams family for an Elvira LE a little money his way. My Addams is a seriously nice restore and owes me a little less than what an Elvira LE would cost me in Australia. Am i doing the right thing i may not get an Addams this good again.

Ok so i did the trade last night and love it we are both happy. He got a mint Addams and i got an Elvira LE had only a handful of games last night as it got to late and family love this game. Noticed a few switch errors going on. 2 balls ejected into shooter lane and the Trunk opto playing up i think. If anyone can save me reading through all these threads is there anything i need to know or to look for to get this machine running at its best. Thanks in Advance.

#2986 3 years ago

Anyone else have alot of dimpling where the vuk discharges onto the playfield and what was your fix?

#2987 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Anyone else have alot of dimpling where the vuk discharges onto the playfield and what was your fix?

My recommended fix would be to play it and not worry about dimples! Worked for mine

#2988 3 years ago
Quoted from Charger68:

Oh TONS Of Dimpling!

On this game.. also on my 35 year old TZ.

If youre concerned about the VUK drops (which in this case certainly makes sense): Mylar.

#2989 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Oh TONS Of Dimpling!
On this game.. also on my 35 year old TZ.
If youre concerned about the VUK drops (which in this case certainly makes sense): Mylar.

I put a small square of Mylar down where the ball lands from the VUK, just didn’t want it to wear through the clear coat.

#2990 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Hey its Friday, WTF wheres the new code!?! Just teasing of course. IMO Medisinyls flap trap casket mod is a "must have!" Thanks Gregg!
[quoted image]

WTF - you want a new code Wednesday, Thursday and Friday ?

#2991 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Ok so i did the trade last night and love it we are both happy. He got a mint Addams and i got an Elvira LE had only a handful of games last night as it got to late and family love this game. Noticed a few switch errors going on. 2 balls ejected into shooter lane and the Trunk opto playing up i think. If anyone can save me reading through all these threads is there anything i need to know or to look for to get this machine running at its best. Thanks in Advance.

Welcome to the club mate you'll love it as we all do.

Reset the through ball connection as this may help with the 2 balls coming out at one given time.

What exactly is going on with the trunk optos?

#2992 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I put a small square of Mylar down where the ball lands from the VUK, just didn’t want it to wear through the clear coat.

thanks

#2993 3 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Welcome to the club mate you'll love it as we all do.
Reset the through ball connection as this may help with the 2 balls coming out at one given time.
What exactly is going on with the trunk optos?

Thanks mate will reset that. The trunk fires occasionally like the opto is to sensitive if i press down on the plastic near it, I even pressed down on the playfield and it happened. Very sensitive. Just little things like that i am slowly fixing.

#2994 3 years ago

Joined the club today. Pulled the trigger on a premium.

#2995 3 years ago

Shaker motor is so good on intermediate setting in the latest version!

Sort of booty shake at start of House Party mode
Earthquake in Gappa Angry

I didn't noticed that before at minimum (default) setting on previous versions.

#2996 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Ok, I made the recommended adjustment to the VUK, using the pics provided to try to match exactly where it should be moved. Now it trickles out much worse than before. Hmmmm. It must be a VERY finicky sweet spot to hit. Take a look at my new position, it looks very similar to the others who have had success. Any ideas?

3C8E8CEA-703C-4CDB-AA46-0E8A339613C9 (resized).jpeg3C8E8CEA-703C-4CDB-AA46-0E8A339613C9 (resized).jpeg6B7BD6A3-09C8-4AC7-A863-E6576DD98314 (resized).jpeg6B7BD6A3-09C8-4AC7-A863-E6576DD98314 (resized).jpeg
#2997 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Ok, I made the recommended adjustment to the VUK, using the pics provided to try to match exactly where it should be moved. Now it trickles out much worse than before. Hmmmm. It must be a VERY finicky sweet spot to hit. Take a look at my new position, it looks very similar to the others who have had success. Any ideas?

Got it! I went back to my original position, put the screws back in, but turned the assembly clockwise slightly with the screws loose, and with only the top screw attached to the left side of the metal bracket, up through the ramp. I couldn't attach the bottom screw when I was done, but it's held tight by the top screw and the 3 on the right side of the assembly. And boom! It's blasting across the pf into the 3 trunk stand ups very smoothly. So, for my machine, it was a very slight adjustment, and new screw holes weren't essential, I just had to turn the assembly down to the right (clockwise) slighly and re-attach it. Thanks for the help everyone!

#2998 3 years ago

Great! Haha, blasting across the playfield smoothly. That's the ticket

#2999 3 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Shaker motor is so good on intermediate setting in the latest version!
Sort of booty shake at start of House Party mode
Earthquake in Gappa Angry
I didn't noticed that before at minimum (default) setting on previous versions.

Put it on maximal! It's a very stimulating experience.

#3000 3 years ago

Looking for advice.I just bought my first pin WOZRR and looking for second (can’t tell if this is a hobby or a sickness).Im finishing basement and made room for 4.I want 4 different play experiences and this is the one I’m eyeing.Sucks can’t get out and play a variety as I just recently woken to the greatest entertainment on earth.What can you tell me about the play of this as opposed to WOZ? I appreciate any input n stay safe all!!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

10,000 (Firm)
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/60?hl=hbagz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.