IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,077 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 362.
#2851 3 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Has anyone seen this problem yet? Was trying to search for scoring problems/issues before posting this but could not find anything. All switches test fine. I launch the ball and scoring and VDU go crazy. It will settle down for a while and then go nuts again. Happened after last upgrade. I re-installed the upgrade and no change. Bad node board?

I have had this problem on my first game after installing .92, .93 and .94. Then the problem disappears. I keep telling myself I should check the right ramp opto, but haven’t yet since I’ve only seen the problem during the first game after an update.

#2852 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

I wish the shot up the middle to qualify the haunt was less repetitive. Maybe one up the middle to start the qualification process, the additional shots should be randomized with final shot up the middle to start the haunt.

Nah, I disagree...the House is the focus and pretty much the theme of the game, clean the house so Elvira can sell it...the "monsters" reside there and to get to them you have to go through the Front Door...I suppose you could enter through the back door. But then, I also like the "floaties" being displayed during the pop-bumper hits...another them based idea removed.

#2853 3 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Pinkitten- Yours doesn't have VUK alignment problems. lol

Awesome! Got confirmation from shipping that it arrives tomorrow. Can't wait to get her downstairs in my basement and play with her. Um, you know.

#2854 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

Awesome! Got confirmation from shipping that it arrives tomorrow. Can't wait to get her downstairs in my basement and play with her. Um, you know.

Make sure to wash your hands before you play with her .

#2855 3 years ago

My family is officially joining the club! Should have one next week sometime (it shipped out today). Our first NIB Stern since BM66, we love all of Lyman’s games and just couldn’t pass this up.

#2856 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

My family is officially joining the club! Should have one next week sometime (it shipped out today). Our first NIB Stern since BM66, we love all of Lyman’s games and just couldn’t pass this up.

You’re gonna love it! Don’t pass up Medisynl’s mods, I should be getting mine soon.

#2857 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Congratulations. The game is a Lyman classic, I already have it up there with TWDLE as one of the GOATs. We love ours. Every time a code update comes out, it is like getting a new game.

#2858 3 years ago

Keeps getting BETTER

V0.95.0 - Apr. 30, 2020
=======================

- Added movie speech to the outro for MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE.
- Added shorter outros for the HAUNTS that run during multiball so the
display won't be clogged up so much during multiball.
- Added a lamp effect for completing MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE (it was
missing).
- Fixed the instructions on the background display effect for DANCE FEVER.
- Roughed in a first-pass rule for DIRECTOR'S CUT.
- Added a new HAUNT that can be started from the SECRET ROOM: THE SATANIC
RITES OF DRACULA.
- Fixed a problem with the TRUNK LOCK SNEAK-IN during GAPPA ANGRY. The
jackpots and the level would be awarded correctly, but the ball would
not lock in the TRUNK LOCK. Instead, a lock would be enabled for the
lockup associated with the level that was awarded and the ball would be
kicked out. This has been corrected.
- Fixed up the presentation for the GAPPA ANGRY SNEAK-IN so there are no
gaps (quick transitions to the background) between the effects that are
requested.
- Added speech for MATCH.
- Added a High Score To Date screen for The Giant Gila Monster; it was
missing.
- Added PHONE-A-FIEND (multiball).
- Display the amount of time left on the COMBO TIMER for THE WEREWOLF OF
WASHINGTON HAUNT in the background display effect.
- Added speech for lighting the HOUSE when HOUSE PARTY is ready to start.
- Added more speech for GAR-GOILS GONE WILD.
- Added more speech for GARAGE MULTIBALL(s).
- Fixed an issue during the MANOS: THE HANDS OF FATE BACKGROUND where the
instructions would say "SHOOT CELLAR" and the cellar was not lit.
- Added speech to FREAK FRYER modes.
- Added speech for pressing the start button with no credits.
- Added speech for the HAND OF FATE wheel awards.
- Added more speech for completing the HAND OF FATE targets.
- Added video clips for the SUPER HAND OF FATE awards.
- Added video clips for starting SUPER HAND OF FATE.
- Reworked the second stage of ATTIC ATTACK. Added new video clips for
SUPER JACKPOT (there are 4 clips now, one for each side of the turret).
The number of shots needed to light the spinning turret goes up by 1
for each SUPER JACKPOT collected.
- Fixed a message for THE WEREWOLF OF WASHINGTON background display
effect that was causing the value of the final shot to be displayed
incorrectly.
- When a JUNK ITEM is awarded by locking a ball in the trunk, the next
item that is lit (cycling) is now the one that immediately follows the
JUNK that was just awarded. Previously, it was always the SKELETON
KEY.

#2859 3 years ago

This new .95 code sounds like a real blast! I can't wait to see deadflip doing a gameplay video of it!

#2860 3 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

This new .95 code sounds like a real blast! I can't wait to see deadflip doing a gameplay video of it!

I’m not waiting for game play videos. I’m going downstairs to see for myself

#2861 3 years ago

Dooooods how do you get phone a fiend?

#2862 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Dooooods how do you get phone a fiend?

I believe it should light after collecting all four pieces of junk. (After two JitT multiballs.)

Edit: Confirmed.

#2863 3 years ago

Added speech, video and fixes. Oh, and by the way, a new haunt and new multiball sprinkled in there as if they are no big deal. Great update!

#2864 3 years ago

Loaded the new update and was able to see and hear a few of the changes. It's little things like added speech for the Match that are really adding polish to this game.

I did notice that the turret was no longer spinning during House Party. Anyone else notice this?

#2865 3 years ago

This game is truly becoming epic! I think LS is really aiming to make this his best offering by far to date. I feel fortunate to have been along for the ride.

#2866 3 years ago

Holy crap, first game after .95 and I killed it!

Defeated Gappa Angry (first time), defeated three dead heads (first time), Phone-A-Fiend multiball (first time), and Attic Attack multiball (second time). Almost finished the Hand of Fate. 696 million total. Two extra balls from deadheads and finishing haunts.

Great update Lyman! My next few games will suck, though.

#2867 3 years ago

Just picked up HOH Premium this afternoon from Player1 Curbside.Its the first pin I've ever owned,but wanted one for very long time. Got it all setup and played couple game..really awesome so far. Just gonna go thru the software update now. I just love fun campy 80's horror. Social distancing boredom has now been solved

#2868 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Was it in stock at all the distro’s you called ,if you called more than one?
Without naming the Distro what kind of pricing were you quoted?
I’m considering rotating a couple games to add EHOH and completing the trilogy.
The last NIB I bought was MET a few years ago so I’m pretty out of the loop.
I know I can call around but I don’t want to waste anyone’s time as I’m just curious what to budget.
Please pm me if you’d prefer not posting .
Thank you !

#2869 3 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I know I can call around but I don’t want to waste anyone’s time as I’m just curious what to budget.
Please pm me if you’d prefer not posting .
Thank you !

He mentioned in the post he bought from Player 1 amusement group up here in Canada, I really doubt you are going to want to pay what we Canadians are paying for NIB games! Good luck on your hunt!

#2870 3 years ago

Since you don’t buy NIB often or have a long standing relationship with a distribs, I would budget MSRP ($7899) and hope to get a few hundred off that.

#2871 3 years ago

loving some of the new light effects in the new code!

#2872 3 years ago

Lyman is just a given 100% buy for me

Stern better be paying that man well!

He even made a weaker layout in Batman great

#2873 3 years ago
Quoted from Cyrus:

Has anyone seen this problem yet? Was trying to search for scoring problems/issues before posting this but could not find anything. All switches test fine. I launch the ball and scoring and VDU go crazy. It will settle down for a while and then go nuts again. Happened after last upgrade. I re-installed the upgrade and no change. Bad node board?

I had the same issue. It was the right ramp opto. I disconnected all the connectors and reattached. I am not great at working on problems but the wires are tagged which makes it pretty easy to follow. No issue since but may be just blind luck. Hope it works out.

#2874 3 years ago

It’s out of stock at many places at the moment, but there are some places you can still get one. I hear it is going back on the line in August.

#2875 3 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Lyman is just a given 100% buy for me
Stern better be paying that man well!
He even made a weaker layout in Batman great

I am extremely happy that the last two Stern games I thought of as “must haves” (Batman 66 and Elvira) were Lyman games. He is the only lead I’m willing to take a chance on if a game is released with incomplete code.

Batman is epic and Elvira is on the way there. Both games are incredibly fun and yet very different. Win, win.

#2876 3 years ago

Wow! Just added this game and on my 4th or 5th game, I reached House Party mode, and scored 550 million on that mode alone! 720 mil total. Such a fun mode. I love the spinning turret on the house. I read that feature was removed from the new code. I haven’t updated it yet. Is that true?

7808BB28-6588-4176-8C43-2DD72D9542AD (resized).jpeg7808BB28-6588-4176-8C43-2DD72D9542AD (resized).jpeg
#2877 3 years ago

I just played a game last night and made
It to house Party on 0.95 - I am pretty sure the turret was Turning. It is a key part of that mode since the add a ball depends on which part of the turret is facing you.

#2878 3 years ago

turret moves in .95 for sure.

#2879 3 years ago

Yep turret moves in that mode.

Loving the new code. It feels so much more complete now, and everything transitioning so much smoother.

Such an amazing game.

#2880 3 years ago

Thoughts guys. I may trade a Very Mint Addams family for an Elvira LE a little money his way. My Addams is a seriously nice restore and owes me a little less than what an Elvira LE would cost me in Australia. Am i doing the right thing i may not get an Addams this good again.

#2881 3 years ago

So I got table home friday night, we got everything setup and yesterday have found one issue with the gargoil switches out front the crypt.
basically the switches aren't activating (tested led's worked fine) if i go into switch test mode and i manually move them it will trigger by pulling the switch forward,,but balls or fingers pushing the metal kinetic switch that launches gargoils up seems to be to far out to make proper contact.
I recorded a video

Does anyone have any advice how to approach this kind of adjustment?

#2882 3 years ago

Looking at your video, I think your switches need adjustment. When you go into switch test mode and look at the switch matrix, are those switches showing up as being active? They shouldn’t.

You need to bend the switch contact back so that when you hit the gargoyle it then contacts the switch. Look at how the ones are set for the other two by the crypt for comparison.

Quoted from bloodydrake:

So I got table home friday night, we got everything setup and yesterday have found one issue with the gargoil switches out front the crypt.
basically the switches aren't activating (tested led's worked fine) if i go into switch test mode and i manually move them it will trigger by pulling the switch forward,,but balls or fingers pushing the metal kinetic switch that launches gargoils up seems to be to far out to make proper contact.
I recorded a video

#2883 3 years ago
Quoted from bloodydrake:

I recorded a video

Your switches are too tight they are made all the time. They need to be open and the switch closed by contact. Either do it under the playfield or take a screw driver and gently push on the back contact of the leaf switch a few times till your desired gap for sensitivity

#2884 3 years ago

Why he said ^^^^^^ adjust your leaf switches to be open at rest.

#2885 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Thoughts guys. I may trade a Very Mint Addams family for an Elvira LE a little money his way. My Addams is a seriously nice restore and owes me a little less than what an Elvira LE would cost me in Australia. Am i doing the right thing i may not get an Addams this good again.

I'd take Elvira over Adams Family every day of the week.

#2886 3 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:Looking at your video, I think your switches need adjustment. When you go into switch test mode and look at the switch matrix, are those switches showing up as being active? They shouldn’t.
You need to bend the switch contact back so that when you hit the gargoyle it then contacts the switch. Look at how the ones are set for the other two by the crypt for comparison.

ok gotcha i'll work on that

#2887 3 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Your switches are too tight they are made all the time. They need to be open and the switch closed by contact. Either do it under the playfield or take a screw driver and gently push on the back contact of the leaf switch a few times till your desired gap for sensitivity

thankyou!

#2888 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Addams is a classic. Elvira is shaping up to be an awesome game.

But the generational and technological differences make an apples to apples comparison difficult. I have a number of popular games that were bought NIB, are restored, or in terrific condition and have decided that the only way to look at decisions like this is to assume that you will not get (or cannot afford) a similar quality classic game if you let one go. I have a beautifully restored Addams and I’ve thought a number of times about letting it go to get another game, but haven’t done so yet.

If your decision is solely based on which is the deeper game then it’s a no brainer - do the trade. Otherwise, make sure you are confident you won’t want another Addams down the road.

#2889 3 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I agree with jfh. If you have enjoyed TAF and it’s time to move on to a new title, it makes sense. Just be sure you won’t regret not having a beautiful TAF, because those are not as easy to find and replace as a new or mint cond EHoH. Elvira is a newer title, and is popular, but I would think finding one will be easier than replacing a high-end restored TAF, a title from 28 years ago.

#2890 3 years ago

I parted with a mint HUO TSPP (one of my favorites and a pin that got me into pinball) plus cash for my Elvira and no regerts. Same story, I'd never find another in the same condition and had some heartache over letting it go.

#2891 3 years ago

I parted with my single owner HUO The Walking Dead LE refinery edition blinged to the gills machine for an Elvira 3 premium. Never thought I’d be selling that game, but Elvira drew my family in.

#2892 3 years ago

How do I get to the "Secret Room" to see the new mode?

#2893 3 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

Has Christopher Lee or Peter Cushing from "Satanic Rites if Dracula" made an appearance in the game yet?

I'm not sure if Christopher Lee makes an appearance since I only made 3 shots, but satanic rites of Dracula is definitely available to play. I just got the game Thursday, so I'm still figuring out how I did it. But, I had the skeleton key, the knife, and the Ray gun from junk in the trunk, and then started the haunt on the far right window.

Not sure if this combo matters, but it's the only things I noticed lit up. If you figure out how to do it for sure I'd like to hear about it. I know the far right window needs a skeleton key to unlock it. Sometimes it gives me Gila Monster, sometimes Santa Claus, and once tonight Dracula.

#2894 3 years ago

So the windows in the house can be accessed by collecting the skeleton key? That’s awesome. I’ve reached House Party, which is the midpoint, twice so far. I want to see what happens when you start every haunt! Cool game getting cooler as the complex code unfolds.

#2895 3 years ago

Documentary about one of the game haunt movies.

#2896 3 years ago
Quoted from jtgribble:

I'm not sure if Christopher Lee makes an appearance since I only made 3 shots, but satanic rites of Dracula is definitely available to play. I just got the game Thursday, so I'm still figuring out how I did it. But, I had the skeleton key, the knife, and the Ray gun from junk in the trunk, and then started the haunt on the far right window.
Not sure if this combo matters, but it's the only things I noticed lit up. If you figure out how to do it for sure I'd like to hear about it. I know the far right window needs a skeleton key to unlock it. Sometimes it gives me Gila Monster, sometimes Santa Claus, and once tonight Dracula.

Oh yeah Christopher Lee is in there for sure. I think the secret room mode is random, but for some reason after code .93 I get santa Claus the least. Not sure why maybe it's just me.

#2897 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

I agree with jfh. If you have enjoyed TAF and it’s time to move on to a new title, it makes sense. Just be sure you won’t regret not having a beautiful TAF, because those are not as easy to find and replace as a new or mint cond EHoH. Elvira is a newer title, and is popular, but I would think finding one will be easier than replacing a high-end restored TAF, a title from 28 years ago.

There is one other thing to consider - they only made 400 Elvira HOH LE's, but they made over 20,000 Addam's Family's.

#2898 3 years ago
Quoted from Dokkaebi:

Oh yeah Christopher Lee is in there for sure. I think the secret room mode is random, but for some reason after code .93 I get santa Claus the least. Not sure why maybe it's just me.

I don't know how it works with new new code.

But, the update prior it was 2 keys for santa clause and one key for the other mode. Maybe its 3 keys now for Satanic rites of dracula?

And don't know how they handle the issue of if you got 3 keys before you selected that room... Maybe it defaults to random, lowest, or most... Don't know.

#2899 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

So the windows in the house can be accessed by collecting the skeleton key? That’s awesome. I’ve reached House Party, which is the midpoint, twice so far. I want to see what happens when you start every haunt! Cool game getting cooler as the complex code unfolds.

Only one room in the house is locked and you need at least one skeleton key to unlock it. It's the one on the far right. Use the flippers to change which room is lit. (One before or one after depending on which flipper you have the ball cradled on.)

Also, you can't play every haunt on one tour of the house. After six, Attic House Party after which the house resets for another tour.

#2900 3 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

How do I get to the "Secret Room" to see the new mode?

See post 2802 on how to collect keys to unlock the room on the far right of the house.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Machine - For Sale
Surfside Beach, SC
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

9,000 (Firm)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Trade
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,077 posts in this topic. You are on page 58 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/58 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.