Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png
IMG20240320201857.jpg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,040 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 361.
#2751 4 years ago

Ive owned at least 6 NIB games and none of them have ever had the code service that this game is getting. By far the most fun I have had with a new game getting frequent and exciting updates. Thank you LS!!!

#2752 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballfan2000:

Does anybody know what movie is Drive me crazy mode based on?

I assumed it was a collection of driving/car clips from multiple movies.

#2753 4 years ago
Quoted from docquest:

I assumed it was a collection of driving/car clips from multiple movies.

Thank you!

#2754 4 years ago

Has any had issues with the crypt shot? Mine seems to properly start with the door closed then after the first hit it should go to the skull shot. Sometimes it does and sometimes the door stays open or it keeps moving between states.

#2755 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Has any had issues with the crypt shot? Mine seems to properly start with the door closed then after the first hit it should go to the skull shot. Sometimes it does and sometimes the door stays open or it keeps moving between states.

Yes. I had this issue. There is an adjustment screw under the mech. I had to experiment with different positions until I found one that fixed the issue.

#2756 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Yes. I had this issue. There is an adjustment screw under the mech. I had to experiment with different positions until I found one that fixed the issue.

Same with me. Make sure the mech isn’t catching on the switch wires and/or adjust position of the mech by trial and error.

#2757 3 years ago

So, EHOH came out in October...7 months ago (mine has a build date of 1 Oct so I am counting October) and since then the code has gone from .83 to .94...11 code updates in just 7 months. I am not sure what I will do when the code is finished...seeing what is new has become part of the joy of owning this game.

#2758 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

So, EHOH came out in October...7 months ago (mine has a build date of 1 Oct so I am counting October) and since then the code has gone from .83 to .94...11 code updates in just 7 months. I am not sure what I will do when the code is finished...seeing what is new has become part of the joy of owning this game.

And there’s still a ways to go - several movies have still not been added

#2759 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

So, EHOH came out in October...7 months ago (mine has a build date of 1 Oct so I am counting October) and since then the code has gone from .83 to .94...11 code updates in just 7 months. I am not sure what I will do.

I broke my rule of not purchasing before full code, but I trusted Lyman with this theme.
As a result, initially felt the objectives didn’t really feel connected. The last few updates have really brought these parts together and his vision to life! Horrifically good!

#2760 3 years ago

I spent a few hours today fiddling with the crypt mechanism. The door was open a bit exposing the base of the skull--a problem others have had. It bugs me more than it should. Loosening the motor mount screw and pushing the motor up towards the playfield did NOT work. In fact, it lead to a weird situation where the clutch did not engage, (I think,) and the motor cycled the mechanism too far. Was a total mess for a while. Whatever you do, don't loosen the allen bolt on the motor shaft. Adjusting this mech is not for the faint of heart! Have gone back to loving the game in its saggy crypt door state.

#2761 3 years ago

That's interesting... with mine the skull could use to go up (I think it's up) just a touch more but the mech looked more complicated than I wanted to F with at the time.

#2762 3 years ago

I'm thinking I'm going to install a shaker motor on my Premium model EHOH. Do you folks use the official Stern motor ($99) or the off brand one from Pinball Life ($79)? I read Stern's service bulletin about them not recommending using anything but theirs, but I just wondered what most folks do. TIA

#2763 3 years ago
Quoted from dgilmore80:

I'm thinking I'm going to install a shaker motor on my Premium model EHOH. Do you folks use the official Stern motor ($99) or the off brand one from Pinball Life ($79)? I read Stern's service bulletin about them not recommending using anything but theirs, but I just wondered what most folks do. TIA

The shaker in this game is so good.

I guess it's personal preference. I kinda prefer to use official parts where available. I installed the Stern shaker in my Guardians. Got 20% off during the black Friday sale. Are they still doing free shipping over $50?

#2764 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The shaker in this game is so good.
I guess it's personal preference. I kinda prefer to use official parts where available. I installed the Stern shaker in my Guardians. Got 20% off during the black Friday sale. Are they still doing free shipping over $50?

Yes we are offering free for orders over $50 us .

#2765 3 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just recently I started to have a little trouble with Elvira. When ever I started a mode the ball would just come out of the house and it didn’t lock(hold) the ball. This was a bit frustrating because as she was talking and all the GI lighting was dimmed the ball was hard to see and cause unwanted drains. So I took a look at what keeps the ball locked(A post that’s always down) and it was actually binding on the edge which wouldn’t allow it to go back to the down position. I loosened up two screws and realigned the post and now it’s working as it should. Hope this helps.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I am having the same issue. I am not clear on which two screws that you loosened to realign the post. Is it accessible without taking anything apart? Your information is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Update: Figured it out and yes, that did the trick. Thanks

#2766 3 years ago
Quoted from Chetrico:

I am having the same issue. I am not clear on which two screws that you loosened to realign the post. Is it accessible without taking anything apart? Your information is very much appreciated. Thank you.

Mine occasionally has this problem as well. I had checked it and (thought) I had fixed. I do remember a post a few pages ago about it. If I'm not mistaken, the post is accesible behind the back wall of the playfield. You don't need to remove anything to get to it, just pull out the PF

#2767 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Mine occasionally has this problem as well. I had checked it and (thought) I had fixed. I do remember a post a few pages ago about it. If I'm not mistaken, the post is accesible behind the back wall of the playfield. You don't need to remove anything to get to it, just pull out the PF

When I loosened the two screws, the mech sort of "popped" itself into place. Now it works like a charm! Thank you!

#2768 3 years ago

Tonight I will be streaming the installation of Mezelmods' 25-piece CLiP protector set for EHoH.

Feel free to stop in and chat. You might even be able to help me figure out where three of the pieces go!

9:15 pm cdt www.twitch.tv/pridepinball
20200420_142637 (resized).jpg20200420_142637 (resized).jpg

#2769 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Tonight I will be streaming the installation of Mezelmods' 25-piece CLiP protector set for EHoH.
Feel free to stop in and chat. You might even be able to help me figure out where three of the pieces go!
9:15 pm cdt www.twitch.tv/pridepinball
[quoted image]

I’ve been thinking about getting that kit. How does it compare to the other plastic protector
Kit they have listed? I couldn’t quite figure it out, other than the color

#2770 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I’ve been thinking about getting that kit. How does it compare to the other plastic protector

and the price difference.

#2771 3 years ago
Quoted from tktlwyr:

and the price difference.

Indeed. I think the expensive one has 20 or so pieces, and the other one seemed to be fewer. So that kinda makes sense, but I still don't get the overall difference

#2772 3 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

One kit is only for the slingshots and lane guides (4 pieces). The larger kit I'm installing is for almost every plastic piece (25 pieces).

#2773 3 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

One kit is only for the slingshots and lane guides (4 pieces). The larger kit I'm installing is for almost every plastic piece (25 pieces).

Aah ok, thanks! So it literally is just a larger set, they don’t seem to be different for any other reason. I prefer the green ones - too bad it’s a smaller set!

#2774 3 years ago

https://playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/nlu-LpUwAE66dqKFQo1XTg?categoryid=23&category=-&name=Elvira%E2%80%99s%20House%20of%20Horrors%20%28Limited%20Edition%29%20%7C%202019

Someone got a full green set from Germany. This may be them. Their smaller sets are available in multiple colors, but I don't see the color for the full set. You may contact them to see what's available. With shipping, the price seems comparable.

#2775 3 years ago

I like the green but it seems that green is everywhere these days and on everything (I have even seen it on Tron...ugg), some purples or blues would be nice...I would prefer a medium purple or a blood red (as Mezel Mods has shown) for EHOH....Also, it would be nice if they cut out the centers so that the color doesn't bleed though and alter the image on the respective plastic. I picked up a set for my Munster's last year at TPF that were cut out, green on the lane guides and purple on the slings...very happy with the appearance.
MP (resized).jpgMP (resized).jpg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2776 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

I like the green but it seems that green is everywhere these days and on everything (I have even seen it on Tron...ugg), some purples or blues would be nice...I would prefer a medium purple or a blood red for EHOH....Also, it would be nice if they cut out the centers so that the color doesn't bleed though and alter the image on the respective plastic. I picked up a set for my Munster's last year at TPF that were cut out, green on the lane guides and purple on the slings...very happy with the appearance.[quoted image]

Purple would be nice too! There's a LOT of red on my LE, so I wouldn't mind a bit of contrast.

#2777 3 years ago

For the record, these are kind of a pain to install. Pics forthcoming.
Before install (with Pinstadium Xstreams)
20200420_210351 (resized).jpg20200420_210351 (resized).jpg
After install (with Pinstadium Xstreams)
20200421_155655 (resized).jpg20200421_155655 (resized).jpg
GI only on.
20200421_155511 (resized).jpg20200421_155511 (resized).jpg20200421_155331 (resized).jpg20200421_155331 (resized).jpg

#2778 3 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

It would be nice if they cut out the centers so that the color doesn't bleed though and alter the image on the respective plastic.

I bought two small 4-pc sets (slings and return lane guides only) for my EHoH.
One in purple and one in clear in case I don't like the color bleed through.

#2779 3 years ago

For Elvira .92 code in Pinball browser, does anybody know which video script is video for Tilt animation? Tilt animation is not very small like floating deadheads, so I think it's there. I looked at 350 videos so far, without finding Tilt video yet.
Thanks in advance.

#2780 3 years ago

For Elvira .92 code in Pinball browser, does anybody know which video script is video for Tilt animation? Tilt animation is not very small like floating deadheads, so I think it's there. I looked at 350 videos so far, without finding Tilt video yet.
Thanks in advance.

Can’t help you with the Tilt animation exactly, but FYI .94 is out and they posted the full image this time, you may want to check it out!

#2781 3 years ago

Doesn't "Unknown firmware" message appear upon opening .94 version?

#2782 3 years ago

Doesn't "Unknown firmware" message appear upon opening .94 version?

Aah, I forgot about that. I have not actually opened .94 in PinballBrowser. I will try that tonight

#2783 3 years ago

Great!
I'd like to download .94 version too, but I don't have much more memory left unfortunately
See you tonight

#2784 3 years ago

Last time I checked, you can't open .94 in PB.

#2785 3 years ago

I thought that will happen
It can't be opened due to its large size, right?

#2786 3 years ago

It's not the size. Apparently Stern encrypts the contents now.

#2787 3 years ago

Olivier told me that Elvira is unable to be opened due to it's big size. But Elvira may be unable to be opened due to both size and Stern's encrypting.
BTW, where you heard that Stern is encrypting contents?

#2788 3 years ago

Olivier told me that Elvira is unable to be opened due to it's big size. But Elvira may be unable to be opened due to both size and Stern's encrypting.
BTW, where you heard that Stern is encrypting contents?

Oliver confirmed in the PinballBrowser thread

#2789 3 years ago

Did he confirm in post #3712?

#2790 3 years ago

Because in that post, he said reason why Elvira is unable to be opened

#2791 3 years ago

That was version .93 he was talking about.

#2792 3 years ago

I know, but I couldn't find post about .94 version, just .93
But his post regards to .94 version too because that version can't be opened with PB neither, right?

#2793 3 years ago

Is anyone else having a really hard time making it to Santa Conquers the Martians? Even when I focus on the trunk targets, I haven't been able to get two skeleton keys. It doesn't seem that multiball helps-- when MB ends, the targets reset, I believe. Is there a strategy to get to this haunt?

#2794 3 years ago
Quoted from Lrrr:

Is anyone else having a really hard time making it to Santa Conquers the Martians? Even when I focus on the trunk targets, I haven't been able to get two skeleton keys.

I just took a look at the trunk targets on image of Elvira 3 playfield, and skeleton key is on the third trunk target
Hope this helps

Quoted from Lrrr:

It doesn't seem that multiball helps-- when MB ends, the targets reset, I believe. Is there a strategy to get to this haunt?

Does that mean you have not got Skeleton key during JITT (Junk in the trunk) Multiball so far? I'm wondering why targets reset
Elvira (resized).jpgElvira (resized).jpg

#2795 3 years ago

I have gotten one skeleton key, but I think I need to collect all other junk before I can get the second (?) I guess I am just not hitting the 36-24-36 targets enough. The garage multiballs bounce around and hit the targets, but when MB ends, targets unlight, IIRC from yesterday.

#2796 3 years ago

Two keys is a pretty big ask except during junk multiball when you collect an item each jackpot. I don't know if It'll stack 2 if you haven't don't the other new key haunt yet.

#2797 3 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Two keys is a pretty big ask except during junk multiball when you collect an item each jackpot. I don't know if It'll stack 2 if you haven't don't the other new key haunt yet.

This helps a lot! I thought knew the rules well, but didn't know jackpots awarded junk during trunk multiball. Thanks

#2798 3 years ago

You can start the Santa mode without getting the Gila mode if you collect two keys. They don’t stack.

#2799 3 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Ive owned at least 6 NIB games and none of them have ever had the code service that this game is getting. By far the most fun I have had with a new game getting frequent and exciting updates. Thank you LS!!!

Yep, Lyman is the man. Every game he takes lead on ends up being a masterpiece. My wife and I have decided on getting an Elvira 3 soon(ish), primarily due to Lyman being the lead coder.

Not sure when we will take the plunge, just depends on if we can find a nicely priced used one. I hear it’s scheduled to go back on the line in August at Stern, though I’m guessing the production schedule may get mixed up a bit.

#2800 3 years ago
Quoted from TigerLaw:

Yep, Lyman is the man. Every game he takes lead on ends up being a masterpiece. My wife and I have decided on getting an Elvira 3 soon(ish), primarily due to Lyman being the lead coder.
Not sure when we will take the plunge, just depends on if we can find a nicely priced used one. I hear it’s scheduled to go back on the line in August at Stern, though I’m guessing the production schedule may get mixed up a bit.

Where did you hear that regarding August ? Rumour or actual fact ...we would love to know !

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

12,900 (OBO)
18,500 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,040 posts in this topic. You are on page 56 of 361.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/56 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.