IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,068 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 362.
#2451 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Thanks buddy, I have tested the power to the Optos and traced the wires back to it's origin and nothing.
I have reached out to my distributor to discuss a solution, ill post it back here in the hope that it helps someone else.
Cheers.

Well, that sucks. Hope you get it fixed quickly!

#2452 4 years ago

Still loving this game! it’s great that there are so many choices at the start, cuts down on the wood chopping.

Anybody have suggestions for strategies yet? The scoring seems a bit unbalanced, especially for the Drive me Crazy and Unhappy Hour Modes. Is there a multiplier for those somehow? (Other than double trouble I guess)

What I’ve been doing is going for Wild Women multiball right out of the gate - i usually gets 2x or 4x playfield multiplier and suddenly the score is in the 80million range without even starting a mode

My other strategy was initially to try to beat 2 Head family members and light the EB so I can make it to house party - but it’s a bit risky - I usually drain before I beat the 2nd one.

#2453 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

There is a vertical opto at the entrance to the back door. You can only see it when the house is removed.

Okay. Let's see if we can track this down.
1. You are plunging the ball to the back door, correct?
If no, you're doing it wrong.
If yes, continue...
2. When you plunge the ball to the back door, are you getting any kind of text on the display showing a shot was made? "Back Door / 1,000,000 / Start (Light) Advance Haunt"?
3. When you plunge the ball to the back door on ball one, does a haunt start?
If the answer to 2 and 3 is no and both switches are working in test (47 - Cellar Back Door Opto; 48 - Cellar VUK micro), the only thing I can think of trying would be to re-install the current code.
Anybody else have any thoughts?

I am currently out of town and will reaffirm when I get back. Without taking the house off, I took a Long straw and put it down into the back door and the switch registered. Is there another switch I need to check? I haven’t tried reinstalling the code. The answer to 2&3 is no.

Thanks for your help everyone,
Jason

#2454 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

I am currently out of town and will reaffirm when I get back. Without taking the house off, I took a Long straw and put it down into the back door and the switch registered. Is there another switch I need to check? I haven’t tried reinstalling the code. The answer to 2&3 is no.
Jason

Did I see that someone mentioned the callouts are missing in .92?

#2455 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Did I see that someone mentioned the callouts are missing in .92?

Current version is .92 and the call outs are there. It was .90 or .91 that removed the call outs.

#2456 4 years ago

Looking for round speaker lights for an Elvira premium.
Similar to the round speaker lights on Sterns other LE pins.
thanks

#2457 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Jason

So I pulled my glass, put the game into switch test and dropped a ball into the back door. It should trigger switch 47 then switch 48. This happens very quickly so you have to be looking at the upper left corner of the UI to catch it. My guess is your opto is not registering.

(I also checked to make sure no other switches are needed to score the skill shot. Triggering the opto is good enough to get it.)

#2458 4 years ago
Quoted from gipinball:

Looking for round speaker lights for an Elvira premium.
Similar to the round speaker lights on Sterns other LE pins.
thanks

speakerlightkits.com is the only answer for speaker lights! Type 13 for the round style for LE machines. Don't know if they'll work on a premium, though.

DugFreez can help with that.

http://speakerlightkits.com/Type-13.html

#2459 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

So I pulled my glass, put the game into switch test and dropped a ball into the back door. It should trigger switch 47 then switch 48. This happens very quickly so you have to be looking at the upper left corner of the UI to catch it. My guess is your opto is not registering.
(I also checked to make sure no other switches are needed to score the skill shot. Triggering the opto is good enough to get it.)

Thank you very much, I will check that when I get home this weekend.

Jason

#2460 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Still loving this game! it’s great that there are so many choices at the start, cuts down on the wood chopping.
Anybody have suggestions for strategies yet? The scoring seems a bit unbalanced, especially for the Drive me Crazy and Unhappy Hour Modes. Is there a multiplier for those somehow? (Other than double trouble I guess)
What I’ve been doing is going for Wild Women multiball right out of the gate - i usually gets 2x or 4x playfield multiplier and suddenly the score is in the 80million range without even starting a mode
My other strategy was initially to try to beat 2 Head family members and light the EB so I can make it to house party - but it’s a bit risky - I usually drain before I beat the 2nd one.

How do you get the 2x or 4x multiplier on?

#2461 4 years ago

I had a House party of +300M

#2462 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

I had a House party of +300M

That's awesome! My high is just shy of 200. Way to go!

#2463 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

How do you get the 2x or 4x multiplier on?

Complete both 3-banks to light Double Trouble in the in-lanes. Roll over the lit in-lane (movable by flipping) to start 2x. Do it again (while 2x is running) to start 4x.

#2464 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Complete both 3-banks to light Double Trouble in the in-lanes. Roll over the lit in-lane (movable by flipping) to start 2x. Do it again (while 2x is running) to start 4x.

Happens pretty quickly during multiballs

#2465 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Happens pretty quickly during multiballs

That it does. Two nights ago, I had a 50 mil super jack during house party. Too bad I wasn't streaming at the time. That ended up being a very good game.

#2466 4 years ago

Part number 520-8040-00 tx and part number 520-8039-00 rx (Opto), has anyone manged to purchase these online?

#2467 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Thanks buddy, I have tested the power to the Optos and traced the wires back to it's origin and nothing.
I have reached out to my distributor to discuss a solution, ill post it back here in the hope that it helps someone else.
Cheers.

It is possible that the LED on the transmit side or the photo transistor on the receive side has fallen off. It happened to me on the house ramp opto so I never received the extra ball award or super jackpot, etc... I looked at the receive board and it was missing the photo transistor, this made it look like a ball was always breaking the beam, so it would never register. Got a new set from Stern and all works great now. The photo transistor is tiny and so is the transmit LED. You can point your phone camera at the opto to see if the LED is on. The LED is infra-red so you can't see it with your eye, but a camera will show it lit.

#2468 4 years ago
Quoted from lasermel:

It is possible that the LED on the transmit side or the photo transistor on the receive side has fallen off. It happened to me on the house ramp opto so I never received the extra ball award or super jackpot, etc... I looked at the receive board and it was missing the photo transistor, this made it look like a ball was always breaking the beam, so it would never register. Got a new set from Stern and all works great now. The photo transistor is tiny and so is the transmit LED. You can point your phone camera at the opto to see if the LED is on. The LED is infra-red so you can't see it with your eye, but a camera will show it lit.

Thank you very much for that information, looks like that the board under the PF #47 is fooked.

#2469 4 years ago

'Any future updates are now on hold for the time being due to uncertain situation concerning the Corona virus . This will ensure staff are secure as all our employees safety is of the utmost importance in the company.'

#2470 4 years ago

Decided to sell my LE #245... completely stock. $8K in western PA. Send me a PM if interested.

#2471 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

'Any future updates are now on hold for the time being due to uncertain situation concerning the Corona virus . This will ensure staff are secure as all our employees safety is of the utmost importance in the company.'

Where’s that from?

#2472 4 years ago
Quoted from CurtH:

Decided to sell my LE #245... completely stock. $8K in western PA. Send me a PM if interested.

Fantastic deal from a fantastic seller. This should go quickly!

#2473 4 years ago

Just in time for my quarantine!

58E2375F-0B40-4B49-89EF-9EA08FD74261 (resized).jpeg58E2375F-0B40-4B49-89EF-9EA08FD74261 (resized).jpeg
#2474 4 years ago

Have fun playing!

#2475 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Just in time for my quarantine![quoted image]

Congratulations! Welcome to the club!

#2476 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Congratulations! Welcome to the club!

Which one? The quarantine club?

#2477 4 years ago

I will not be able to maintain social distancing from Elvira.

893070B6-91AC-433D-AB29-CADAB2188C66 (resized).jpeg893070B6-91AC-433D-AB29-CADAB2188C66 (resized).jpeg
#2478 4 years ago

Is anyone having trouble with the crypt optos intermittently? My crypt works fine sometimes and other times it keeps moving like the switches to signal the stop aren't registering. Pulled it all apart, switches test fine, it works fine for a few games and then starts getting wonky again. When a deadhead mode is started, and it moves to the skull shot, it will keep going up and down not finding its position. Other times it's perfect.

#2479 4 years ago

Just had an outstanding game, made it to Gappa angry.. then pinball happened.

Saw Pool Party for the first time, though I drained before I started it. Lots of secrets in this game!

Installing the skill shot fix today too..

4EF43470-A19B-4C39-BEA7-4971988E1A32 (resized).jpeg4EF43470-A19B-4C39-BEA7-4971988E1A32 (resized).jpeg
#2480 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Just had an outstanding game, made it to Gappa angry.. then pinball happened.
Saw Pool Party for the first time, though I drained before I started it. Lots of secrets in this game!
Installing the skill shot fix today too..[quoted image]

How do you guys get these scores?!

#2481 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

Push the start button many times. Most games are like 10-20 mil, then I have a big game. My high is around 280 I think,

#2482 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Push the start button many times. Most games are like 10-20 mil, then I have a big game. My high is around 280 I think,

Thought it was only me

#2483 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Shhhh.... You're not to supposed to say you have feet of clay. You're supposed to be like... Yeah. All my games are like 300-400 million. No biggie.

Really enjoy your honesty.

#2484 4 years ago

Greetings. Might be interested in joining the club. Looking for the Elvira LE.
I’d be open to trading a custom, HUO Dead Pool LE or an extremely nice GNR.
Thanks.

#2485 4 years ago

question for all you Elvira stern owner. my left coil stop shattered already (I have only had it a month and a half)... Is it something if I call stern they will replace or should l find a different type of replacement? It seams from reading around on forms it's a common defect. what would you do?

#2486 4 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

question for all you Elvira stern owner. my left coil stop shattered already (I have only had it a month and a half)... Is it something if I call stern they will replace or should l find a different type of replacement? It seams from reading around on forms it's a common defect. what would you do?

Call Stern and get a replacement or two.
They owe that to you in my opinion. I would also buy a couple spares from Marco or somebody next time you place an order. It is a good item to have on hand.

#2487 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

One out of 100, just had 1 really great ball

#2488 4 years ago

I play one game a week and bam... Always 200-600M, I don't know why but the game is a bit easy, like the other Elvira's. But I love it, I love when they rules aren't too difficult and clear to one's mind. I set the game on 4 balls and one extra ball.

#2489 4 years ago

4 balls and you're calling the game easy...

#2490 4 years ago

Mine is set to defaults - 3 balls, only extra ball given if you complete 2 deadheads or 2 haunts. I usually can't get past about 20 million, but on those occasions where I have a crazy good ball, all of a sudden I'm in 200 million territory. Getting to house party is huge, and the Garage multiballs can be really high scoring. But I only get that in about 1 of every 20 games. The game is a bit easier than say POTC or JP. Hopefully there will be further updates. The code is already pretty good, but I'm hopeful for some more surprises.

#2491 4 years ago

Hi all,

I've had an Elvira HOH for about a month now and love it. It's a perfect mate for my Scared Stiff.

Anyway's I have a couple issues that I can't work out. I've searched this thread and it's so long that I'm having trouble finding the answers if any.

First, I've seen a few mentions about a Skill Shot Ball Guide kit. I don't know if this would help my issue or not. I can't find any posts about the issues I have that it could fix. Perhaps I just haven't looked enough.

Anyway, I have one frustrating issue with the skill shot behind the house. If I plunge the ball too softly the ball will hang up on the gate above the pops that sits behind the right side of the house. I have to shake the pin to get it to drop out into the pops. I've tried to make adjustments by bending the gate but nothing helps. Any advice on how I can fix this or if this kit mentioned helps? If you can point me to this skill shot ball guide kit it would be welcomed. Perhaps I need that anyways.

Secondly, the Dead Head kick out Vac. Sometimes it kicks the ball out OK and other times it will just keep kicking the ball several times before it finally feebly spits the ball out. I've tried to adjust the vac bracket by bending it a little and that helped a little but did not eliminate the problem. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?

Thanks in advance for any help on these issues.

#2492 4 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

Hi all,
I've had an Elvira HOH for about a month now and love it. It's a perfect mate for my Scared Stiff.
Anyway's I have a couple issues that I can't work out. I've searched this thread and it's so long that I'm having trouble finding the answers if any.
First, I've seen a few mentions about a Skill Shot Ball Guide kit. I don't know if this would help my issue or not. I can't find any posts about the issues I have that it could fix. Perhaps I just haven't looked enough.
Anyway, I have one frustrating issue with the skill shot behind the house. If I plunge the ball too softly the ball will hang up on the gate above the pops that sits behind the right side of the house. I have to shake the pin to get it to drop out into the pops. I've tried to make adjustments by bending the gate but nothing helps. Any advice on how I can fix this or if this kit mentioned helps? If you can point me to this skill shot ball guide kit it would be welcomed. Perhaps I need that anyways.
Secondly, the Dead Head kick out Vac. Sometimes it kicks the ball out OK and other times it will just keep kicking the ball several times before it finally feebly spits the ball out. I've tried to adjust the vac bracket by bending it a little and that helped a little but did not eliminate the problem. Any suggestions on how to fix this issue?
Thanks in advance for any help on these issues.

You’ll have To look closer at the issue with the gate but the VUK can be adjusted in the menu

#2493 4 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

I’m having the same issue.

Looking at the VUK mechanism, there is zero room for play or adjustment. I added 2 washers to the mech to adjust the angle of the ejected ball. My thought was that the ball was hitting the eject, absorbing the energy and not kicking out as intended.

Anyway, it helped only a little. I added 2 additional washers and that made it worse, so I went back.

I also tried to adjust the power. 255 is the max, and the default. Anything lower makes it worse.

I’d love to hear from anyone else that has a better fix.

#2494 4 years ago

A shout out to Chaz!! I called a couple of weeks ago about the skill shot fix. He was very patient on the phone with me. He talked me through what he needed and the parts arrived last week. Thank you!!

#2495 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Looking at the VUK mechanism, there is zero room for play or adjustment. I added 2 washers to the mech to adjust the angle of the ejected ball. My thought was that the ball was hitting the eject, absorbing the energy and not kicking out as intended.
Anyway, it helped only a little. I added 2 additional washers and that made it worse, so I went back.
I also tried to adjust the power. 255 is the max, and the default. Anything lower makes it worse.

I read somewhere in this thread a while back that the VUK mechanism was mounted to the bottom of the playfield just slightly out of position causing the ball to catch the edge of the cutout in the wood. Check to see if you can see any witness marks of ball stricking the wood.

#2496 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Have you tried bending the VUK hood? A tiny bit one way or the other can make a huge difference

#2497 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Have you tried bending the VUK hood? A tiny bit one way or the other can make a huge difference

I’ll give that a shot tomorrow, thanks

#2498 4 years ago
Quoted from dschulpius:

No. The new guides will not affect the gate. The guides assist in helping the ball roll into the skill shot. If you have a premium, you do not need the new guides. If you have an LE, you may need the new guides.

As far as your VUK problem, you can also try adjusting the power in the settings. If I recall, mine is at 175. It is anything but consistent. Occasionally, it will behave as you describe, but it always gets the ball out.

#2499 4 years ago

Thanks for the advice. I have tried adjusting the VAK power in the menu for the DH eject. I found the best setting I could at that time. I'll tinker with it again to see if I can get it set closer. I have not bent the VAC hood yet. I'll try that next. Also I'll try to loosen up the bracket and move it around a little to see if I can get it centered better. Thanks.

This Dead Head Crypt eject design looks a lot like the DE Star Trek 25th computer hole eject setup. Same solenoid bracket. That damn ST25 computer hole has plagued me for years on my ST25 pin. It most always ejects the ball STDM when it ejects the ball. When I saw that bracket on my Elvira HOH I about lost it.

#2500 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

4 balls and you're calling the game easy...

Yep but only one extra ball not more. I mean the rules are pretty obvious and you can easily make it to houseparty. Big points there.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

14,000 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

11,855 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

12,900 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,068 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/50?hl=pbman and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.