IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 363.
#151 4 years ago

I happened to catch a reset while I was recording today. Sent Stern the video link so they could look into it.

#152 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay... So I got mine today!!!!!
A few thoughts. I'm kind of frustrated right now. And I don't want anyone to chime in, "TOLD YA SO!!!!", but this game is glitchy to all get out.
My game rebooted 3-4 times on me. Seemed to happen mostly during the multiballs.
Speaking of the multiballs.
I got the junk in the attic multiball and I didn't get any speak during the intro. Sure the video was there. But, no audio.
Audio goes in and out for a lot of the stuff from time to time.
The garage lock doesn't always register. So when a ball gets shot in there and it doesn't read that it should be locked... Well... The game kind of ends.
Because a ball search will not release that ball. What I have to do is shut the game off, and boot it back up and the ball kicks out. This has happened 8 times today... if not more like 10-12... Really takes the fun out of what should be a fun time...
Lastly. While playing the game. I noticed a piece of plastic come out of the garage ball lock area after it ejected a ball.
It looks like a bit of the sculpted house. But, I don't see any broken pieces anywhere. But, I looked and looked. But, I can take a picture of hte broken plastic.
I think perhaps it was a bit that got left in by mistake when they assembled the machine... At least I hope so.
It's not all bad. I did hear "How About Another Ball" as a callout for the shoot again. That is nice that it is in there. Had fun for a little bit. But, more frustrating today than fun.
And it shouldn't be frustrating.
I get that the code isn't all there. But, this isn't even playable. I'm not angry. I'm not disappointed, I'm FRUSTRATED.
I would have thought that Stern would be smarter than to release a game in this shoddy of a state.
With all that said. I still look forward to seeing how the game progresses in the code updates. As the experience I had with my Iron Maiden was amazing.
But, Iron Maiden started off a heck of a lot more complete than this. And really Stern should have higher standards, and know better. Game was in development for a long, long time, and this is the launch code.... Actually 2nd update....
Lastly... I do like the MB starts in the game. Hope those stay.

I’m considering getting a different game. I’m waiting on a premium. Looks really cool but I really don’t want to buy a headache. When I got Munsters LE I had no issues. This sounds like a massive Pain in the a**. Not sure what I should do

#153 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

MET will be tough to beat because it has awesome toys as well. To me, I struggled with GB when I had it. I just thought the shots were clunky, but I heard the new code is awesome. IMO I think Munsters and Elvira both shoot smooth, but I sincerely feel once Lyman is done with Elvira it could possibly top all (3).
A lot of Elviras call outs from Scared Stiff made it into the new pin, which is great. If you even remotely like Halloween, bad horror flicks and Elvira, then I think it’s a definite must buy. Hard to judge HOH just yet because right now it’s feels so incomplete with missing adjustments, added effects and modes, etc.A lot of people are having issues with their game. Have you had any? For example resets. I really don’t feel like spending that kind of money for a massive headache. I’m starting to reconsider for a Houdini

#154 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

I’m considering getting a different game. I’m waiting on a premium. Looks really cool but I really don’t want to buy a headache. When I got Munsters LE I had no issues. This sounds like a massive Pain in the a**. Not sure what I should do

FYI - My experience with Elvira HOH has been great and the game is completely playable. The code isn't done yet, but nothing keeping the game from being awesome right now. Diospinball has a switch issue he needs to fix.

#155 4 years ago

A couple of updates on my 3lvira.

I upgraded to code to .83. Much better, highly recommend it.

The pitch has been adjusted to 7.0. Originally I set it at 6.7. This game needs to be steep. If the operators set it up at 6.5, the reviews will be very negative on how easy and boring it plays. Also operators will see very high ball times.

The gar coils by the crypt hit my glass. Anybody else having this issue? Any know remedies? Do all of the gar coils use the same length on the metal rod?

The complaint that there is not enough Elvira is just garbage. Custom video and call outs means she is always there.

The Easter egg of the NIB stern on the locks is awesome.

The throwbacks and the original voice from the first two is nostalgia.

The skeleton head on the stairs is cool, as well as the sometimes left loop that gets diverted to a kick out under the stairs.

Th gar coils gone wild, unhappy hour and the clown car mode are just fun. It kept us laughing every time.

Finally, I am fan of stop and go pins. 3lvira is a great example of that

@stones might have some opinions, after adjusting and playing it today.

#156 4 years ago

I had a few issues with mine but Trent and Stern both were fantastic on helping me out.I totally recommended if you have a problem contact Stern or your distributor (Trent in my case) and they DO RESPOND QUICKLY.I contacted them at 10 this morning and by 5 today with one email from Trent and two emails from Stern the issue was resolved.They also offered to call me and help me on the phone if nessurary.Samsung or shall I say samshit wouldent help me fix television that by looking at the forms and seeing how many people had the same issue, should have been a recalled item, so all I am saying it Stern is backing their products (unlike many other companies) and that alone should put all at ease about problems or concerns about buying a stern product.
My problem was first my node boards 1,8 and 9 were sometimes not responding.Easy answer is if you turn on the game to boot it up with the coin door open you get that error.LOL (so i'm not the brightest kid on the block).
2nd issue was the ball was getting stuck at the back of the house.There is a diverter plate that blocks the back subway and is suppose to go up and down as coded.The plate was trying to go down but it was hitting the ramp side rail and it was stopping it from going down as far as it should.So the ball in theory was not supposed to be back their.The fix was to loosen the 2 screws on the playfied side that holds the plate on.Give the plate a push away from the rail it is hitting until you have clearance.Retighten the screws.
The more I shoot it, the more I find it to be simply put "A Fun Game to shoot and play".
IMG_2799 (resized).jpegIMG_2799 (resized).jpegScreen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.42.11 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.42.11 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.47.51 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-10-14 at 10.47.51 PM (resized).png

#157 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

A couple of updates on my 3lvira.
I upgraded to code to .83. Much better, highly recommend it.
The pitch has been adjusted to 7.0. Originally I set it at 6.7. This game needs to be steep. If the operators set it up at 6.5, the reviews will be very negative on how easy and boring it plays. Also operators will see very high ball times.
The gar coils by the crypt hit my glass. Anybody else having this issue? Any know remedies? Do all of the gar coils use the same length on the metal rod?
The complaint that there is not enough Elvira is just garbage. Custom video and call outs means she is always there.
The Easter egg of the NIB stern on the locks is awesome.
The throwbacks and the original voice from the first two is nostalgia.
The skeleton head on the stairs is cool, as well as the sometimes left loop that gets diverted to a kick out under the stairs.
Th gar coils gone wild, unhappy hour and the clown car mode are just fun. It kept us laughing every time.
Finally, I am fan of stop and go pins. 3lvira is a great example of that
@stones might have some opinions, after adjusting and playing it today.

The Gar-goyls hitting the glass is by design.

#158 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

The gar coils by the crypt hit my glass. Anybody else having this issue?

They are supposed to hit the glass, that is by design. Scared Stiff is the same with its leapers. Dennis mentioned this in the original stream.

#159 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

They are supposed to hit the glass, that is by design. Scared Stiff is the same with its leapers. Dennis mentioned this in the original stream.

Thank you...I missed that part.

#160 4 years ago
Quoted from Crumbalimb:

I had a few issues with mine but Trent and Stern both were fantastic on helping me out.I totally recommended if you have a problem contact Stern or your distributor (Trent in my case) and they DO RESPOND QUICKLY.I contacted them at 10 this morning and by 5 today with one email from Trent and two emails from Stern the issue was resolved.They also offered to call me and help me on the phone if nessurary.Samsung or shall I say samshit wouldent help me fix television that by looking at the forms and seeing how many people had the same issue, should have been a recalled item, so all I am saying it Stern is backing their products (unlike many other companies) and that alone should put all at ease about problems or concerns about buying a stern product.
My problem was first my node boards 1,8 and 9 were sometimes not responding.Easy answer is if you turn on the game to boot it up with the coin door open you get that error.LOL (so i'm not the brightest kid on the block).
2nd issue was the ball was getting stuck at the back of the house.There is a diverter plate that blocks the back subway and is suppose to go up and down as coded.The plate was trying to go down but it was hitting the ramp side rail and it was stopping it from going down as far as it should.So the ball in theory was not supposed to be back their.The fix was to loosen the 2 screws on the playfied side that holds the plate on.Give the plate a push away from the rail it is hitting until you have clearance.Retighten the screws.
The more I shoot it, the more I find it to be simply put "A Fun Game to shoot and play".
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I did not know there was a subway in the house? I have not experienced it on my game. The only subway I have seen thus far is from the crypt to the VUK on the side. When is the subway supposed to happen on the house?

#161 4 years ago

She’s here in Burlingame!
Hoping to set up soon

135D43B5-7441-42D5-8E94-94834051F57C (resized).jpeg135D43B5-7441-42D5-8E94-94834051F57C (resized).jpeg
#162 4 years ago
Quoted from Sebastian88:

Keep in mind the troubles you're reading about are most likely only happening to a handful of people: those who are posting about it. It's not uncommon to need to tweak a few things when buying a new, or even used, machine. They surely get jostled around in the shipping process after they leave the factory. Parts can be loosened, broken, connectors unplugged, etc. And, yes, sometimes someone on the line could misalign a part. These things are being assembled by humans, not machines. No one should expect a pinball machine (once again, new or used) to be 100% once received. We can hope they are, and, if so, it's a bonus (like your The Munsters). If it's something severe, the dealer and Stern should be able to handle it.

Bugs, such as resets, can be fixed with code updates, which is why it is important to report them to Stern. Fortunately, I caught a reset on video and was able to send it to them so they could try to recreate the circumstances that led to the issue. The more detail you can provide, the better it will be to fix.

We should not look at any issues as a pain in the ass, but as an opportunity to learn more about the machines we love to own and play. And, how to fix the small things when they crop up. And, they will.

I know my opinion doesn't mean jack to anyone else, but I whole-heartedly love this game. (And I'm picky about the themes/games I will purchase.) It's fun to play. It's campy. It's got great artwork. The assets in the code are great and will be even better through updates. We already know the work Lyman and team have put into his past games. The bones are there. We just need to be patient for the flesh. And, in the meantime, enjoy playing the game. Installing new code will just turn it a new, even better game.

I hope everyone who get this game, or any other for that matter, enjoys it. I know I do.

Paaaaaaaaaaaaarty! Ah-ooooooooooooooooooo!

#163 4 years ago

I just picked up #199. We are liking it so far.
3BA36B2B-D40B-4582-89FB-B8184AF54965 (resized).jpeg3BA36B2B-D40B-4582-89FB-B8184AF54965 (resized).jpeg

#164 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Thank you...I missed that part.

They are by design, but you can also adjust them not too, if they are similar to the frogs in SS by design. Lift up the PF, and there's a set screw collar on the rod that adjusts the height that they pop.

#165 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay... So I got mine today!!!!!
A few thoughts. I'm kind of frustrated right now. And I don't want anyone to chime in, "TOLD YA SO!!!!", but this game is glitchy to all get out.
My game rebooted 3-4 times on me. Seemed to happen mostly during the multiballs.
Speaking of the multiballs.
I got the junk in the attic multiball and I didn't get any speak during the intro. Sure the video was there. But, no audio.
Audio goes in and out for a lot of the stuff from time to time.
The garage lock doesn't always register. So when a ball gets shot in there and it doesn't read that it should be locked... Well... The game kind of ends.
Because a ball search will not release that ball. What I have to do is shut the game off, and boot it back up and the ball kicks out. This has happened 8 times today... if not more like 10-12... Really takes the fun out of what should be a fun time...
Lastly. While playing the game. I noticed a piece of plastic come out of the garage ball lock area after it ejected a ball.
It looks like a bit of the sculpted house. But, I don't see any broken pieces anywhere. But, I looked and looked. But, I can take a picture of hte broken plastic.
I think perhaps it was a bit that got left in by mistake when they assembled the machine... At least I hope so.
It's not all bad. I did hear "How About Another Ball" as a callout for the shoot again. That is nice that it is in there. Had fun for a little bit. But, more frustrating today than fun.
And it shouldn't be frustrating.
I get that the code isn't all there. But, this isn't even playable. I'm not angry. I'm not disappointed, I'm FRUSTRATED.
I would have thought that Stern would be smarter than to release a game in this shoddy of a state.
With all that said. I still look forward to seeing how the game progresses in the code updates. As the experience I had with my Iron Maiden was amazing.
But, Iron Maiden started off a heck of a lot more complete than this. And really Stern should have higher standards, and know better. Game was in development for a long, long time, and this is the launch code.... Actually 2nd update....
Lastly... I do like the MB starts in the game. Hope those stay.

Just a reminder........Lyman and Batman 66.

Might be a long ride, but it’ll be worth it.

#166 4 years ago
Quoted from robertmee:

They are by design, but you can also adjust them not too, if they are similar to the frogs in SS by design. Lift up the PF, and there's a set screw collar on the rod that adjusts the height that they pop.

Just be prepared for it to scratch your invisiglass/PDI glass.

#167 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Not sure I know what you mean? Did my Iron Maiden Prem ship at 1.0... No, it didn't. I got one of the first Chicagoland Prems and I think it shipped at .96 or .97. I do know a code update just came out a few days before I got mine. Of course I got a premium, and the Pros shipped first. my Elvira code is whatever code is out now. .83 or whatever.

My point is that your expectations may be too high for a sub 1.0 code. Essentially if it's not 1.0, it's not intended to be viewed as completed.

#168 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

When the diverter was in the up position it would hit the bent portion of the switch leaf but not enough to engage the switch. I used two small flat blade screwdrivers to adjust it. With one I pushed the switch leaf in on the bottom end close the leaf hinge and held the switch closed. Then with the other I bent the upper leaf portion out slightly towards the diverter.

Thank you again for your help with this. All fixed now!

#169 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

I did not know there was a subway in the house? I have not experienced it on my game. The only subway I have seen thus far is from the crypt to the VUK on the side. When is the subway supposed to happen on the house?

It it a tiny subway that goes behind the playfield out of the ramp going into the haunted house, and wraps around to the lanes I believe and dros ball into pops.It was designed im thinking to hold the ball while Elvira talks to us about the movie mode we are about to start.I think they just ran out of playfield space and are going behind the playfield more and more.I think Jurassic Park also has one.

#170 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Thank you again for your help with this. All fixed now!

Glad I could help out. It’s beyond frustrating when you can’t fully enjoy your new game.

#171 4 years ago

Can any of you owners who have received your LE tell me if a key fob plastic came with it?
If so, posting a pic here would be appreciated.

#172 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Can any of you owners who have received your LE tell me if a key fob plastic came with it?

Noticed some decals in the goodie bag but I don’t recall seeing any extra plastic.

#173 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I'm a sucker for this type of stuff. I always like it when they include promo plastics with cool art work. Deadpool and Iron Maiden were both good examples of lots of extra promo plastics.

Sadly with Elvira you get the smallest of small rectangular key chairs with the logo on it.

#174 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Just be prepared for it to scratch your invisiglass/PDI glass.

Yes, Im concerned about that. All glare glasses are coated to give them that quality. Constant taps on it will wear it down. Bad call to have this be a part of the game.

#175 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

884B82F1-C40F-4A74-932E-BA5B67DFB43A (resized).jpeg884B82F1-C40F-4A74-932E-BA5B67DFB43A (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#176 4 years ago

#110 has been received, setup and upgraded to the current code. No issues to report. It looks great (better in person).

20191015_115904 (resized).jpg20191015_115904 (resized).jpg20191015_143856 (resized).jpg20191015_143856 (resized).jpg
#177 4 years ago

Just picked up #133. Going to fire up a twitch stream and play my first games live, it'll be here for those curious to watch https://www.twitch.tv/moonbeamarcade . It'll just be a quick stream, maybe 90 minutes or so.

IMG_20191015_135841 (resized).jpgIMG_20191015_135841 (resized).jpgIMG_20191015_141805 (resized).jpgIMG_20191015_141805 (resized).jpg
#178 4 years ago

Okay... So I played it for a little bit today... Rough day... Long story... Won't begin to get into it.
So I actually was able to open up the game and put a 143 million point score together. Would have been better, but when I drained out of a multiball and still had one ball left. The flippers died and my game ended.
I think this is because of the lock issue I've been having and the game loses track of how many balls are in play and where they are at. And not really a glitch glitch...
What I do like is. I finally got house party or something. I also got gargoils gone wild or something, but I got them at the same time..
However, what was really cool. I got the nice organ introduction.
I like the callout. I think the callout from Party Monsters has more energy to it, and is a better callout. But, having her onscreen and make the callout really, really cool.

My only beef with her clips. And this is a minor gripe, because in a way it fits the theme how they have them and shot them. They look like a one camera bargain basement horror tv show... So again... Fit the theme. But, I would prefered some slicker camera works and zoom ins when she says stuff... Like how the camera is for Scared Stiffs animations. There might be a few bits of that here or there... And that could be all that is needed. But, so far none of that...
Still. I'm glad the organ is in this pin.

Lastly. I don't think its a switch issue with the balls getting locked or misplaced. It seems to happen if I have a ball locked int he garage. And I restart the game without ending proper 3 ball play. I just hold the start button down and get a new game. Then next time I fire into there. It doesn't register. So I have to restart the game by powering down the device.
It kicks the one ball out.
But, then ball searches. And I think the only time that ball pops out is during a mb... Don't know... But, it does pop out, and I think that is what cost me my game ending...

But, at leat I had fun today shooting it, and that is the highlight of my crap sandwich of a day.

#179 4 years ago

Mine is here but hasn’t made it to the basement yet. I opened it the garage and got some extra creepy.

9A5D0CF0-5F43-4A40-8C2A-AB39A144D64F (resized).jpeg9A5D0CF0-5F43-4A40-8C2A-AB39A144D64F (resized).jpeg
#180 4 years ago

I'm noticing on mine that the crypt doesn't close completely. Is this normal or something that needs to be adjusted?

#181 4 years ago
Quoted from cistearns:

I'm noticing on mine that the crypt doesn't close completely. Is this normal or something that needs to be adjusted?

Mine is the same. I've seen 2 of them like that
Magicchiz

#182 4 years ago

Opened it up even more. Got a better score of 274,079,160. Not a great score. Could have been better. But, isn't that always the case with pinball. That no matter how amazing your game it could have been better.
I got to Gappa. The first Gappa mode. Sadly I only hit one shot. Then I failed to get control and drained.

One thing about this game. I know people claim its the same layout as attack from mars, or maybe a bit like Monster Bash... Or Medieval Madness... I can't comment on Medieval Madness as I've only played that game 2-3 times and maybe about 15-20 plays, but this game shoots like its own thing. It does not handle or shoot like Attack From Mars. Mars is easier to get control of the ball. This game can be a challenge to get control.

The deadhead bash toy surprisingly though is a safe shot to hit. And I like that. The ramp into the house while a simple shot on the surface, if you brick it, it can be sdtm drain. Right now. I feel this game is really helping me learn my nudging and control skills. I know nudging comes into play in all games. But, to me this game keeps you on your toes in ways that other games really don't. Which is funny, because the ramps in this one are buttery smooth and just shoot amazing and you can really chain the combos together with them. And the Iron Maiden ramps. Man... Those ramps are much more brutal and dangerous to go for. And I think to date the best I've ever hit in a row is like 5-6 ramp shots in maiden. Which I've owned for over a year. And I can easily hit 8 ramp shots in a row. And Have done even more during happy hour. Game has flow. But, it generates a lot of wicked side to side and can be very brutal.

So yeah. Today I'm loving my game. Going to wax it tomorrow and then play a few rounds and see how crazy the ball gets.

#183 4 years ago

Ok, I have a small problem. There is a wire gate in the ball lock assembly that seems to provide just enough resistance to hang up the ball when it slowly passes under it. Has anyone else noticed this? Ball check doesn't help. I had to remove the glass a couple times to free it. I might have to do a little surgery and "stone" the gate to lessen the resistance. The gate is hidden for the most part. It is located under the front of the spider web under the left ramp.

#184 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

Ok, I have a small problem. There is a wire gate in the ball lock assembly that seems to provide just enough resistance to hang up the ball when it slowly passes under it. Has anyone else noticed this? Ball check doesn't help. I had to remove the glass a couple times to free it. I might have to do a little surgery and "stone" the gate to lessen the resistance. The gate is hidden for the most part. It is located under the front of the spider web under the left ramp.

That might be the trouble I am getting. As it doesn't register the lock and then teh ball is stuck. I need to wait out a ball search. Lose the ball and then keep playing.

Let me know if that does work. I also think I will be contacting stern and see what they recommend.

#185 4 years ago

Took lots of pics as the game was being setup including playfield pics for those curious: https://photos.app.goo.gl/3ukhQq1kerd1GLVX8

#186 4 years ago
Quoted from cistearns:

Same here.

#187 4 years ago
Quoted from BigT:

Same here.

Same here also

#188 4 years ago

mine arrived today with a damaged box so i returned to sender, just my luck!

#189 4 years ago

Got 110 million, getting better. Really fun game, and like others have said the art in person is far better than in pictures. I've left it at the default 0.80 rom for now since some have said that 0.83 sometimes resets.

IMG_20191015_205011 (resized).jpgIMG_20191015_205011 (resized).jpg
#190 4 years ago

Le just arrived. Beautiful game!! Been playing all night on .82 code. I am getting tech error Code that Node boards 1,8,9 not responding however game seems to play fine? Also house top does not seem to work. Spins like a top? Is this normal? Any thoughts. Downloading new code to see if that helps

#191 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Le just arrived. Beautiful game!! Been playing all night on .82 code. I am getting tech error Code that Node boards 1,8,9 not responding however game seems to play fine? Also house top does not seem to work. Spins like a top? Is this normal? Any thoughts. Downloading new code to see if that helps

Booting the game with the coin door open will give you the Node boards 189 not responding error. Not sure about the top house spinning.Try going into diagnostic test and look for house test (I think it there) and push coin door button to give the house power and test it to see if it spins.It may take a moment to kick in so don't give up quickly.Im guessing it's just the spinning part your concerned about as far as house problems

#192 4 years ago
Quoted from cistearns:

same here LOL

#193 4 years ago
Quoted from whoknowsgoi:

mine arrived today with a damaged box so i returned to sender, just my luck!

better safe than sorry!

#194 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

Also house top does not seem to work. Spins like a top? Is this normal? Any thoughts.

As others have said, check to see that the house top spins in the diagnostics menu. As long as it works there, you're all good. The house top has not been programmed to spin during gameplay yet.

Some people HATE how Stern ships games with unfinished code. Personally, I don't mind seeing my game evolve and improve over time. Hopefully it won't take 2+ YEARS, as was the case for Ghostbusters. But with Elvira, I'm in it for the long haul and this game is never leaving my collection, so I'm prepared to wait it out.

#195 4 years ago

Received LE #202 on Monday with .80 installed. Was finally able to update code to .83 last night after trying 3 different usb sticks.

I love the game so far. The shots feel good, the art is fantastic, and the code feels like it is going in a great direction.

The only issue I have now is with the ball lock under the left ramp. The drop target goes down and registers but no other shots after that register at all. I can wiggle a screwdriver under the ramp and eventually get the opto(?) to register. Anyone else have this issue?

The only other thing that bugs me is that when the ball comes down off the left orbit it hits the left sling instead of smoothly going to the left flipper. Is this by design?

170BCD33-7E18-4FE3-808D-100512CCB0A4 (resized).jpeg170BCD33-7E18-4FE3-808D-100512CCB0A4 (resized).jpeg
#196 4 years ago
Quoted from doghouse:

Received LE #202 on Monday with .80 installed. Was finally able to update code to .83 last night after trying 3 different usb sticks.
I love the game so far. The shots feel good, the art is fantastic, and the code feels like it is going in a great direction.
The only issue I have now is with the ball lock under the left ramp. The drop target goes down and registers but no other shots after that register at all. I can wiggle a screwdriver under the ramp and eventually get the opto(?) to register. Anyone else have this issue?
The only other thing that bugs me is that when the ball comes down off the left orbit it hits the left sling instead of smoothly going to the left flipper. Is this by design?[quoted image]

It likely is the same problem I am having. The ball is getting hung up on the wire gate in the ball lock assembly. When this happens The game looses track of the ball and everything comes to a halt. I made a few adjustments to the gate last night but I’m afraid I’ll have to revisit the issue. It is a slow shot to the ball lock that causes the problem. A fast shot powers through the wire gate without issue.

#197 4 years ago

I'll be modifying the initial post in this thread with LE numbers that people have either posted publicly or have gleaned from pictures they have posted. If you're not currently listed and would like to be, just shoot me a PM and I'll add you to the list.

I'd also like to start tagging key posts in this thread that will have useful troubleshooting information for current and future owners, like the node error issue of booting up the game with the coin door open. You can nominate a post as a key post by hitting the tag icon on the lower left of the post. The Pinside editors will take it from there.

#198 4 years ago
Quoted from GamerRick:

I just within the last couple days read a post where apparently Stern has the LE numbers loose in a box and they just grab them as they go in no order whatsoever

This cannot be true. When I compare my serial # and LE # with others who have posted pictures of their NIB Elvira LE machines, it seems they are DEFINITELY applying LE #s sequentially in relation to the serial number.

#199 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

This cannot be true. When I compare my serial # and LE # with others who have posted pictures of their NIB Elvira LE machines, it seems they are DEFINITELY applying LE #s sequentially in relation to the serial number.

Moonduckie78 is correct. The math checks out. It does look like the 400 LE(s) serial numbers are sequential and correspond to the LE number assigned. That makes me feel a little better for some reason.

#200 4 years ago
Quoted from Mad_Dog_Coin_Op:

It likely is the same problem I am having. The ball is getting hung up on the wire gate in the ball lock assembly. When this happens The game looses track of the ball and everything comes to a halt. I made a few adjustments to the gate last night but I’m afraid I’ll have to revisit the issue. It is a slow shot to the ball lock that causes the problem. A fast shot powers through the wire gate without issue.

Mine is a different problem I believe, as the ball is not getting stuck at all-- it passes through freely but does not register the shot. I left a message for Chas at Stern today, and hoping to get some guidance from him or someone here that understands what is happening. I believe there is an opto under the ramp, but I do not know how to get to it, and the service menu does not appear to have the option to test this switch.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

10,000 (Firm)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

14,000 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/4?hl=crumbalimb and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.