IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 363.
#2351 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Hmm... nope. Is there something unique about the house diverter ? I see some settings in the menu but not sure what I should change. Damn frustrating.

Sounds like your house diverter needs to be reset manually. Mine got loose and wouldn’t position correctly. Tighten it up in the back

#2352 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

And the key has to have something more to it than just Santa's mode. I mean... Great mode. But, why would that be the only mode it opens up. I really hope you can switch mode tiers or something later on and so it could open up more than just santa.

If you look at the original release info, they have something like 20 movies in the plans - some additional secret modes are supposed to be unlocked via the key, though just what remains to be seen!

#2353 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Sounds like your house diverter needs to be reset manually. Mine got loose and wouldn’t position correctly. Tighten it up in the back

Aah thanks! I will check it out tonight. After fiddling with the leveling, it does seem something mechanical

#2354 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

If you look at the original release info, they have something like 20 movies in the plans - some additional secret modes are supposed to be unlocked via the key, though just what remains to be seen!

Yep. We discussed that very thing many times. But, until it gets implemented. Who knows what its true features will be.

#2355 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

Sounds like a ramp opto issue.

That’s what I thought was a possibility but then why wouldn’t I see additional issues with the ramp?

#2356 4 years ago

Hey gang, I'm interested in getting some responses from you all about code progression to this point. I'm really starting to like what I'm reading about the code updates, and what I've watched on YouTube. It appears the game is becoming 'Funner' to play and a little more challenging (and rewarding) from a shooting standpoint, taking it beyond just the theme aspect, which is still important of course.

Has Stern also resolved the skill shot diverter issues completly along with balls getting stuck in the garage? Not sure about exact issues as I haven't gone back very far in this thread yet.

Convince me I need this game

#2357 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Hey gang, I'm interested in getting some responses from you all about code progression to this point. I'm really starting to like what I'm reading about the code updates, and what I've watched on YouTube. It appears the game is becoming 'Funner' to play and a little more challenging (and rewarding) from a shooting standpoint, taking it beyond just the theme aspect, which is still important of course.
Has Stern also resolved the skill shot diverter issues completly along with balls getting stuck in the garage? Not sure about exact issues as I haven't gone back very far in this thread yet.

There’s a kit for the skill shot. 2 new guides, if I recall correctly. Not sure how it got past the line in the state it’s in, but they already have a fix. Annoying, but it doesn’t look all that hard to install.

I have no info on balls getting stuck in the garage - that has not occurred on my game.

#2358 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

The skill shot fix works great and the garage issue is very easily fixed by just bending a piece of spring steel that is attached to the one way gate in the garage.

#2359 4 years ago

* deleted *

#2360 4 years ago

I am looking for the name of the red colour that is on the LE models, anyone would know the name of it by any chance?

Thanks.

#2361 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

I am looking for the name of the red colour that is on the LE models, anyone would know the name of it by any chance?
Thanks.

The feature matrix says "metallic horror red dripping blood". I don't know if it would help.

#2362 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The feature matrix says "metallic horror red dripping blood". I don't know if it would help.

Thanks for that mate, might be able to find the colour with that name, not sure.

Has anyone else been able to find out the name?

Thanks.

#2363 4 years ago

Does anyone have issues of shots bouncing out of the garage.

This usually happens when a hard shot is made once the drop is down. Seems to happen about 20-25 percent of the time. And when it does happen it seems the ball goes SDTM often!

I play my buddies game often and never happens on his.

I removed the house and inspected the area and I think its just hitting the back of the stainless guide which is pretty flat on the left side in the back.

Anyone have any pictures of the area with the house removed?

#2364 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Thanks for that mate, might be able to find the colour with that name, not sure.
Has anyone else been able to find out the name?
Thanks.

Lermods got his powder coated a little while ago and I believe he said it was called illusion red.

#2365 4 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

lermods got his powder coated a little while ago and I believe he said it was called illusion red.

Brilliant, thanks very much for that mate.

Lermods can you please confirm?

Thanks.

#2366 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Brilliant, thanks very much for that mate.
lermods can you please confirm?
Thanks.

Yes. That’s the color I used, really happy with it.

46E83F0B-82A8-4503-9F53-A093942B196F (resized).jpeg46E83F0B-82A8-4503-9F53-A093942B196F (resized).jpeg5B138770-217D-4458-8968-A70500E4E73E (resized).jpeg5B138770-217D-4458-8968-A70500E4E73E (resized).jpeg6B9EE5B3-75F9-46A5-8957-56FF6C859951 (resized).jpeg6B9EE5B3-75F9-46A5-8957-56FF6C859951 (resized).jpegD032F8FF-C51C-4E2E-B366-E384948FF1E3 (resized).jpegD032F8FF-C51C-4E2E-B366-E384948FF1E3 (resized).jpeg
#2367 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Does anyone have issues of shots bouncing out of the garage.
This usually happens when a hard shot is made once the drop is down. Seems to happen about 20-25 percent of the time. And when it does happen it seems the ball goes SDTM often!
I play my buddies game often and never happens on his.
I removed the house and inspected the area and I think its just hitting the back of the stainless guide which is pretty flat on the left side in the back.
Anyone have any pictures of the area with the house removed?

After I replaced the skill shot fix brackets and bent the spring steel on the one-way gate in the Garage, my rejects (like this) went down. I'm not sure which of the two changes made the difference.

#2368 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

After I replaced the skill shot fix brackets and bent the spring steel on the one-way gate in the Garage, my rejects (like this) went down. I'm not sure which of the two changes made the difference.

Mine has only done it since two code updates ago, when others started to complain of the same.

#2369 4 years ago

For those that have gotten the new ball guide kit - did you make any adjustments to the ball gate while you were in there?

#2370 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

For those that have gotten the new ball guide kit - did you make any adjustments to the ball gate while you were in there?

I did not, but I haven't had any problems with it.

#2371 4 years ago

Still some bugs. I played one game, around 600M, House party 310M ... I played 10 games now, she's here from December. I want to remember or take pictures when she's doing naugthy stuff but I only play one game and it's always a blast!

#2372 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

Still some bugs. I played one game, around 600M, House party 310M ... I played 10 games now, she's here from December. I want to remember or take pictures when she's doing naugthy stuff but I only play one game and it's always a blast!

10 games since December? Holy shit I play 10 games a day it seems.

#2373 4 years ago

Finally have a chance to check out the haunted house mech and see why I'm getting the drains. Seems like the house isn't that hard to disassemble, although I need a LOOOONG nut driver. Wish me luck.

#2374 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

I have 25 machines, 4 kids and I don't play often...

#2375 4 years ago

Just recently I started to have a little trouble with Elvira. When ever I started a mode the ball would just come out of the house and it didn’t lock(hold) the ball. This was a bit frustrating because as she was talking and all the GI lighting was dimmed the ball was hard to see and cause unwanted drains. So I took a look at what keeps the ball locked(A post that’s always down) and it was actually binding on the edge which wouldn’t allow it to go back to the down position. I loosened up two screws and realigned the post and now it’s working as it should. Hope this helps.
12730918-3463-437F-B0E3-B5246B0A4285.jpeg12730918-3463-437F-B0E3-B5246B0A4285.jpegA6AAEC78-A4A3-41F3-9399-802402CDEFC5.jpegA6AAEC78-A4A3-41F3-9399-802402CDEFC5.jpeg

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2376 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Just recently I started to have a little trouble with Elvira. When ever I started a mode the ball would just come out of the house and it didn’t lock(hold) the ball. This was a bit frustrating because as she was talking and all the GI lighting was dimmed the ball would be hard to see and cause unwanted drains. So I took a look at what keeps the ball locked(A post that’s always down) and it was actually binding on the edge which wouldn’t allow it to go back to the down position. I loosened up two screws and realigned the post and now it’s working like as it should. Hope this helps.[quoted image][quoted image]

HA! I was just about to post the same thing. ^^ make that a key post

#2377 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

9D15F373-8878-4A18-BFE2-CCEA8943A38C (resized).jpeg9D15F373-8878-4A18-BFE2-CCEA8943A38C (resized).jpeg
#2378 4 years ago

2 times now I had the problem of shooting the house and the ball gets “stuck” in the house, if i look inside i see the ball at the end of the ramp stuck. No matter how much i shake it won’t come loose. i have to remove the glass, tilt the playfield to get it loose again...

Anyone know this issue ? And whats the fix ?

#2379 4 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

2 times now I had the problem of shooting the house and the ball gets “stuck” in the house, if i look inside i see the ball at the end of the ramp stuck. No matter how much i shake it won’t come loose. i have to remove the glass, tilt the playfield to get it loose again...

This happened to me yesterday as well - ball gets stuck on the left side of the house, under the ramp. Obviously there needs to be a deflector in there somewhere.

#2380 4 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

There is a piece of spring steel on a one-way gate which makes causes this - you need to bend that spring steel so the it doesn't hold the gate closed when it's only the weight of the ball pushing the gate open (no momentum).

#2381 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Mine has only done it since two code updates ago, when others started to complain of the same.

The bottom line is this - if the gate/spring steel isn't strong enough to hold the ball when it's still sitting on the 1-way gate, then the ball won't get stuck. The ball could still get stuck on the back side of the drop target, but that happens much less often.

#2382 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

There is a piece of spring steel on a one-way gate which makes causes this - you need to bend that spring steel so the it doesn't hold the gate closed when it's only the weight of the ball pushing the gate open (no momentum).

Thanks, i assume i need to remove the house for this ?

#2383 4 years ago
Quoted from Indusguys:

Just played another game, again Gappa achieved, lost ball one. Still having the problem with the coffin kicking alot of times... Operator alert, so I guess I have to look in the coffin or any of you guys had this problem?

#2384 4 years ago

Well Vino, your persuasion worked, I joined the club today!

Updated the code this evening and played a few games, glad I added it to my collection and looking forward to putting several games on it after I get home from the office tomorrow

20200307_152046 (resized).jpg20200307_152046 (resized).jpg20200307_155259 (resized).jpg20200307_155259 (resized).jpg
#2385 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Well Vino, your persuasion worked, I joined the club today!
Updated the code this evening and played a few games, glad I added it to my collection and looking forward to putting several games on it after I get home from the office tomorrow [quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome to the club!

#2386 4 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Thanks, i assume i need to remove the house for this ?

I removed the house to do this and the Skill Shot guide replacements. For just fixing the issue with the ball getting stuck on the 1-way gate, you may be able to just remove the left ramp. If you need the Skill Shot fix, I would do both at the same time.

#2387 4 years ago

had an event at my house and everyone loved Elvira - few players ordering today

#2388 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Nope.

#2389 4 years ago

I had a ball get stuck at the 1-way gate, is there a fix for that ?

Thanks

#2390 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I had a ball get stuck at the 1-way gate, is there a fix for that ?
Thanks

The gate doesn't need to be very strong, and the way it comes from the factory, it's holding the gate closed too tightly. You need to slightly bent the little spring steel flap that holds it closed. You can test it by ensuring the ball passes through with even the smallest amount of momentum. It should stay closed if you place the ball motionless against the gate.

#2391 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

While I love Comet's products, I am not a fan of their lighted button kit. I did put it on my EATPM, however you need to drill into the cabinet to install the lamp holders.

Sorry, late to the party here. Thanks for the feedback. Yes, you do need to affix the sockets with (included) wood screws that go into the inside of the cabinet. There are other similar screws (from the factory) throughout the cabinet that help to organize the wiring harness. You do not need a drill...putting strong force while turning in the screw with 1/4 hex driver hand tool is enough to get it in.

Also...about the sticking flipper buttons...

This happens on all my modern Stern machines as well. As far as I can tell, what happens is the lip of the button shaft gets a little worn, which enables it to feed into the tube that the lip is there to prevent it from going into. It seems to eventually happen on many of the replacement buttons I've found as well.

The fix is to use a 1/4" e-clip on the shaft of the button, just inside the lip. This prevents the lip from wedging itself into the tube. (Sorry, this is the best way to describe it without pics).

Actually, hang on...I have a pic. I've been doing this on all my NIB Stern machines on location and it's faster, cheaper, and more effective than replacing the buttons. You can do it without taking anything apart.

IMG_7422 (resized).JPGIMG_7422 (resized).JPGIMG_7423 (resized).JPGIMG_7423 (resized).JPG

#2392 4 years ago

Recently joined the club with a premium and my build date is 12/27. I'm not sure if I have a "ball guide" issue or not. When I try the back door skill shot, I am able to drop it in the hole behind the house/garage and it comes out the cellar, but nothing registers that the skill shot was made. Any ideas?

Thanks

#2393 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Recently joined the club with a premium and my build date is 12/27. I'm not sure if I have a "ball guide" issue or not. When I try the back door skill shot, I am able to drop it in the hole behind the house/garage and it comes out the cellar, but nothing registers that the skill shot was made. Any ideas?
Thanks

I read that if you were built after late October you are fine.

#2394 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I read that if you were built after late October you are fine.

We got confirmation from Stern that the new ball guides were factory installed beginning in December.

#2395 4 years ago
Quoted from chet218:

Thanks

Welcome to the club! Your machine should have the updated ball guides.

I'm intrigued by the ball going through the back door and being released from the cellar without scoring. I believe there is a vertical opto at the entrance to the house from the back door. Perhaps there is an issue with it. I would suggest going into switch test and check to see if it is working/registering.

#2396 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Welcome to the club! Your machine should have the updated ball guides.
I'm intrigued by the ball going through the back door and being released from the cellar without scoring. I believe there is a vertical opto at the entrance to the house from the back door. Perhaps there is an issue with it. I would suggest going into switch test and check to see if it is working/registering.

That is certainly possible the Opto got messed up. when removing the house, I noticed a few sets of wires right near the leftmost hole where you screw the house to the playfield. One of the wires powering the opto has been flattened by the metal House “leg”. I could certainly see them getting broken off

#2397 4 years ago

Hi guys , anyone doing a Coin Door decal for Elvira LE or Premium .
Thanks .

#2398 4 years ago
Quoted from Tastysirloin:

Hi guys , anyone doing a Coin Door decal for Elvira LE or Premium .
Thanks .

I might have contacts Kurtis

#2399 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Update on “Go Away” plastic on left side of house:
Although my game is a November build, I had the early version of the plastic (bottom pictures). Replaced it with the correct version (top picture).
My game did have the metal skill shot guide and the nylon ring on the right side of the ramp.
[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image]

Hi mate,

Question in regards to the nylon ring on the right side of the ramp, is this available from stern or I am able to source one?

The Go Away plastic, what issues did you have when the old one was installed on the machine?

Thanks.

#2400 4 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

I might have contacts Kurtis

Thanks Dave

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

8,499 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Hollywood, FL
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 48 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/48?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.