IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 362.
#2301 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I believe the diverter does stay down during most haunts (doesn't it?). When it moves up to start a haunt the ball rolls into the rear "subway" and is held by an up/down post. When the haunt begins, the diverter moves back down to cover the hole to the "subway" and directs the ball to the left.
You don't need to select the switches. Pressing enter will cause the diverter to move and activate the switches. The problem is it's not moving to close both switches.
Yours seems to be behaving like mine did. Like I said, I took mine apart, put it back together and it worked. Unfortunately, I don't have the foggiest idea of what I did that corrected the problem. I originally thought it was catching on the plastic.
If you pull the playfield forward and look behind the back panel, you'll see how it is supposed to work. You may just need to play with it to make sure it's not binding up. It helps to have someone at the coin door to press enter while you fiddle with it.
This is what I did: Removed the top of the house (this is when I lost a screw I still cannot find... LOL). Removed the diverter itself from the front of the back panel (2 screws). Removed the motor and assembly from the back of the back panel (3 screws). Figured out how it worked (it's a pretty simple assembly). Put it back together. Watched it while another pressed the enter button to test it. It worked.
I wish I had a "fix" for it or knew exactly what the issue was, but I don't. Maybe someone else has a better clue, but I think just getting into the assembly and playing with it will reveal or fix the problem. You have no idea how much it pains me to not have a better answer.

Well... I still haven't gotten my new guide rails for the skill shot. Been more than a few weeks, and I live just a county away from Stern. So I did contact them today about if they sent out the replacement kit. Haven't heard back from them yet.

I would like to wait until I get my kit to mess around with it... But, must needs when the devil drives.

#2302 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... I still haven't gotten my new guide rails for the skill shot. Been more than a few weeks, and I live just a county away from Stern. So I did contact them today about if they sent out the replacement kit. Haven't heard back from them yet.
I would like to wait until I get my kit to mess around with it... But, must needs when the devil drives.

It took like two months to get mine. I got an E-mail from UPS when it shipped.

#2303 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Okay. Got confirmation on the updated guide rails. Machines had the updated rails starting in December. Anything built prior (September, October, November) would need the update kit.

Damn, our #265 LE is October 12, 2019. Following the rest of the thread now and will place to support ticket. Thank you!

#2304 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

* Has anyone installed a shooter land protector? PinballLife has a special one for EHoH - is this specific one required for the game? Or would a generic Stern one fit?

I just ordered both a large order from Pinball Life and from Cliff ('cliffy's'). I can confirm from his email that the protector listed on PBL is not Cliff's. It may be 100% functional of course but I ordered the left and right eject protectors and a few others through Cliff.

#2305 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The answer I got from Stern was that the December builds had the new guides.
Neil, it's the Elvira Update Kit.

I also received this confirmation today from Pablo @Stern.

He also stated that they are OOS in this but expect more by the end of the week. Perhaps it was a big order and everyone’s will go out

#2306 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

I just ordered both a large order from Pinball Life and from Cliff ('cliffy's'). I can confirm from his email that the protector listed on PBL is not Cliff's. It may be 100% functional of course but I ordered the left and right eject protectors and a few others through Cliff.

That sucks. I kinda wish they would not use the term “Cliffy” then. My original question was asking whether or not the protector in question is specific to Elvira. Kinda seems like yes.

#2307 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The answer I got from Stern was that the December builds had the new guides.
Neil, it's the Elvira Update Kit.

thanks. Have hassled my supplier for the kit!

#2308 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

That sucks. I kinda wish they would not use the term “Cliffy” then. My original question was asking whether or not the protector in question is specific to Elvira. Kinda seems like yes.

One would assume that it is specific to EHOH as it is written that way but it also says; "Product ID: EHOH_cliffy_shooter" and it is not a cliffy.

I really like PBL but I personally think that is not cool. I just decided to go with the pro on this one.

#2309 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

thanks. Have hassled my supplier for the kit!

Kit is a huge upgrade to this game. Actually having a skill shot to shoot for is huge and a pretty good bonus and starts a haunt

#2310 4 years ago
Quoted from dnaman:

One would assume that it is specific to EHOH as it is written that way but it also says; "Product ID: EHOH_cliffy_shooter" and it is not a cliffy.
I really like PBL but I personally think that is not cool. I just decided to go with the pro on this one.

agreed on all points..

#2311 4 years ago

Cliff has a whole package for EHOH. It contains the eject protect, shooter alley protect (where the ball hits the wood after bouncing off the eject protect), and drain protectors.

#2312 4 years ago

oops

C15C5493-6D66-4A27-BC27-A8B458C8F0B9 (resized).jpegC15C5493-6D66-4A27-BC27-A8B458C8F0B9 (resized).jpegF932FC44-227F-4909-841E-B55EB873412B (resized).jpegF932FC44-227F-4909-841E-B55EB873412B (resized).jpeg
#2313 4 years ago

Can you play any of that code?

#2314 4 years ago
Quoted from fuseholder:

Can you play any of that code?

Dont want to try . Might mess something up

#2315 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer31520:

oops[quoted image][quoted image]

What happened ? Can you force the game to install the wrong code ?

#2316 4 years ago

Dont want to try . Might mess something up

I'm surprised you did that with the playfield nodes plugged in...

Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

He just put in an SD card with the ST image on it. Wouldn't be playable.

#2317 4 years ago

From SOTU:

Elvira – For all Elvira owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.92.0) released last week. Be on the lookout for a new code update later this month.

#2318 4 years ago
Quoted from RobertWinter:

I'm surprised you did that with the playfield nodes plugged in...

He just put in an SD card with the ST image on it. Wouldn't be playable.

bullcrap .I installed full code by mistake.
I have video proof . Didnt want to play too long and mess something up

3B4F7806-1B83-4279-AF27-A45E27D71CA4 (resized).jpeg3B4F7806-1B83-4279-AF27-A45E27D71CA4 (resized).jpeg
#2319 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

yes you can

#2320 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

From SOTU:
Elvira – For all Elvira owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.92.0) released last week. Be on the lookout for a new code update later this month.

Holy crap. Lyman is on a roll!!

#2321 4 years ago

I have video proof . Didnt want to play too long and mess something up[quoted image]

What difference does it make?

You got lucky.

I don’t recommend that anyone try this.

#2322 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What difference does it make?
You got lucky.
I don’t recommend that anyone try this.

I did not recommend any one do this and the only reason I posted that I had video evidence is that someone disputed my claim that I downloaded the wrong code and I just inserted a SD card in .
Please try to follow the conversation

#2323 4 years ago

I did not recommend any one do this and the only reason I posted that I had video evidence is that someone disputed my claim that I downloaded the wrong code and I just inserted a SD card in .
Please try to follow the conversation

I followed the conversation. Obviously you didn’t because I didn’t say you recommended it to anyone.

What difference does it make that you have video evidence that you did something stupid or reckless? Maybe you did it on purpose and thought it was cool. Who cares?

And, in case you missed the obvious, you can do serious damage by running code for another game on it. As I said, you got lucky.

#2324 4 years ago

Okay, guys. Y'all play nice or I'll seal the back door.

#2325 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And, in case you missed the obvious, you can do serious damage by running code for another game on it. As I said, you got lucky.

crap. I did this recently because my SD card crashed and I switched out my card for a buddies Iron Maiden to test if my card had indeed crashed. what kind of issues can it cause? we played Iron maiden on my Elvira for a few minutes cause it was so funny..

#2326 4 years ago

It will literally cause your Pin to self destruct.

#2327 4 years ago
Quoted from cleanandlevel:

crap. I did this recently because my SD card crashed and I switched out my card for a buddies Iron Maiden to test if my card had indeed crashed. what kind of issues can it cause? we played Iron maiden on my Elvira for a few minutes cause it was so funny..

The possibility of damage is low, but not zero. It’s really going to depend on how close use of switches/coils/circuits map from game to game. Any damage is likely to be seen in short order. If you see anything strange hardware wise power off immediately.

There is a slight possibility of node board damage (and theoretically bricking) with incorrect firmware if there is something game (rather than node board type) specific, assuming that’s even done. I’d feel better about this if Stern had released more details about the node board update process, but it’s also why I would never back level any game code without explicit instructions from Stern support.

The more likely issue would be something like a coil locking on/frying. If you played a game and nothing bizarre happened and nothing started smoking, you’re probably ok. But why risk ... wait for it ... the hand of fate?

#2328 4 years ago

I have video proof . Didnt want to play too long and mess something up[quoted image]

You downloaded AND installed the full code by mistake? I understand possibly downloading the wrong code.

But then you need to copy it to a USB drive. You didn't notice the file was named "stranger_things...spk.zip" and not "elvira3...spk.zip". That's a little hard to believe.

Doesn't really matter as long as you avoided any damage to your game.

#2329 4 years ago

You downloaded AND installed the full code by mistake? I understand possibly downloading the wrong code.
But then you need to copy it to a USB drive. You didn't notice the file was named "stranger_things...spk.zip" and not "elvira3...spk.zip". That's a little hard to believe.

Who cares let it go.

Back to the most exciting game that Stern have released

#2330 4 years ago

The end. It was posted partly as a joke. Back on topic.

#2331 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

It was posted partly as a joke.

He also posted it in the Stranger Things thread. Not sure it was a joke as much as it was “Hey, look what I did”. But I agree - back to playing Elvira code on Elvira’s House of Horrors.

#2332 4 years ago
Quoted from extendo:

Who cares let it go.
Back to the most exciting game that Stern have released

Oooh someone is excited to receive their new game, which I agree is a blast!

How have you enjoyed playing it so far????

#2333 4 years ago
Quoted from Macca101010:

Oooh someone is excited to receive their new game, which I agree is a blast!
How have you enjoyed playing it so far????

I haven't played it yet but I'll get a chance very soon to give it a shot mate.

#2335 4 years ago

sry to see you go, since this last update it has been so much easier to get to Gappa because of the add a ball during house party. I have a feeling when this game is done and polished it will be hard to come by an LE.

#2336 4 years ago

Why did you decide to sell?

#2337 4 years ago

How can you update without always losing your highscore? Quick update?

#2338 4 years ago

Okay... So... I just right now got the new skill shot guide lane.
This weekend I'm going to attempt to install it.

I did need to re-contact Stern.As they never shipped it.
But, after my email the next day they shipped it.

So I'm happy. Hopefully I can figure out what hte issue with my diverter is as well.

#2339 4 years ago

All right. So my house shot is consistently not capturing the ball - I hit the shot, it registers, and then it DRAINS SDTM! Sometimes I can nudge it and save it, but I’ve lost a lot of balls watching the screen

I’m also getting a lot of drains when the ball comes out of the pops from the left. Those I can’t save, it’s pretty annoying! Any suggestions? Game seems level

#2340 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Game seems level

Make sure it's level.

#2341 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Make sure it's level.

LOL. Will check again. I feel like this game got overlooked because of the outstanding JP, but even though it’s the usual fan layout, the code on this game is awesome, and I can get a pretty damn good flow going on it.

#2342 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

I always do a full update with verify, sometimes the scores are saved, sometimes they are not. My best guess is they purposely reset scores if game rules/scoring are changed a bunch with an update.

#2343 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

If you are updating through USB you can do a full update and verify, the machine should keep your settings and high scores.

If the update has firmware updates, sometimes you lose your high scores and settings. If the new code has massive code updates that greatly affect scoring, your scores could be wiped. Last update for Elvira, we did a full update and verify "yes" and we kept all our settings and high scores.

If you flash a new SD card, you always lose your high scores and settings.

#2344 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Okay... So... I just right now got the new skill shot guide lane.
This weekend I'm going to attempt to install it.
I did need to re-contact Stern.As they never shipped it.
But, after my email the next day they shipped it.
So I'm happy. Hopefully I can figure out what hte issue with my diverter is as well.

Exact same situation with me...I will install on Sunday...Saturday I will be at the LAX with the rest of the ever famous, extremely notorious Cincy Pinball Group.

#2345 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

LOL. Will check again. I feel like this game got overlooked because of the outstanding JP, but even though it’s the usual fan layout, the code on this game is awesome, and I can get a pretty damn good flow going on it.

Hmm... nope. Is there something unique about the house diverter ? I see some settings in the menu but not sure what I should change. Damn frustrating.

#2346 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Might be not as widespread on location as there is no 'pro' model. Also, BM66 did not get super popular until more of the code was complete and then its popularity jumped. These are just guesses.

#2347 4 years ago

Not sure if this is a code bug or a hardware problem.

Very first ball on 0.92 code, started unhappy hour and the game just kept scoring. Can’t see the ball in the video because I had hit it into the crypt after the infinite scoring started. Had to tilt the game to get it to stop at about 2.8B. No problem for the remainder of the game or in about six more despite starting unhappy hour multiple times and hitting every shot except black door.

(Hmm. Can’t attach the video)

#2348 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not sure if this is a code bug or a hardware problem.
Very first ball on 0.92 code, started unhappy hour and the game just kept scoring. Can’t see the ball in the video because I had hit it into the crypt after the infinite scoring started. Had to tilt the game to get it to stop at about 2.8B. No problem for the remainder of the game or in about six more despite starting unhappy hour multiple times and hitting every shot except black door.

Sounds like a ramp opto issue.

#2349 4 years ago
Quoted from PersonX99:

Might be not as widespread on location as there is no 'pro' model. Also, BM66 did not get super popular until more of the code was complete and then its popularity jumped. These are just guesses.

Excellent point. The code is already miles beyond where B66 was at this point. That game also had the unfortunate fate of being the first $12k game for the SE. There’s only ONE EHOH on location in Washington DC, and it’s a premium, naturally.

Studying the playfield last night it seems like there are some cool opportunities with the Skeleton key and the potion and those other collectible things. Not sure what they do yet beyond the key but there’s huge potential

#2350 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Excellent point. The code is already miles beyond where B66 was at this point. That game also had the unfortunate fate of being the first $12k game for the SE. There’s only ONE EHOH on location in Washington DC, and it’s a premium, naturally.
Studying the playfield last night it seems like there are some cool opportunities with the Skeleton key and the potion and those other collectible things. Not sure what they do yet beyond the key but there’s huge potential

And the key has to have something more to it than just Santa's mode. I mean... Great mode. But, why would that be the only mode it opens up. I really hope you can switch mode tiers or something later on and so it could open up more than just santa.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

14,000 (OBO)
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

12,900 (OBO)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/47?hl=hbagz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.