IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 363.
#2201 4 years ago
Quoted from sir_tankalot:

Greg Freres (sp?) worked super hard on this game.
Maybe more so than Dennis?
I don't know, I'm just a programmer...
I'm glad you got to meet Dennis. In the limited interaction I've had with him, I think he's a good guy. At this point I'm pretty sure he's a good guy and I hope he is doing well.
- Lyman

Your work, meticulous, iterative, passionate, relentless on this pinball fascinates me.

Thank you.

#2202 4 years ago

I'm glad you got to meet Dennis. In the limited interaction I've had with him, I think he's a good guy. At this point I'm pretty sure he's a good guy and I hope he is doing well.
- Lyman

I really want to take a moment to thank you and the team for an amazing job you guys have done. I also want to share a personal story about the Elvira pins.

I really started playing pinball in my teens, probably like everyone else. I was a hooligan in my teens, late 80’s early 90’,and pinball passed the time with my buddies. We played EATPM all the time. I met wife in 95, introduced her to pinball with lukewarm reception until SS. We would play SS all the time, she was from KState and loved Cassandra. Fast forward to this year. We have 3lvira in our house and any night can be date night for us, takes us back 20 plus years ago.

Without pinball and Elvira, we might never have connected. I have a great family with 3 amazing kids!! Being able to have Elvira in our house is something I never take for granted; revisiting our dating years and sharing with our kids is amazing!

Seriously, thank you!! This pin with all of the integration you have done brings us many hours of enjoyment and time together, especially when things are difficult.

Tom

#2203 4 years ago

- Lyman

loving this game Lyman thanks to you and everyone on the team that worked on it, whole family is enjoying it.

I'd love to find away to get this video in the game - its classic:

#2204 4 years ago

Anyone else have a ball get stuck behind drop target?
After 2-3 ball searches, target still doesn’t drop.
So glass off tap target ball rolls out.(only happens when having a high scoring game lol)

#2205 4 years ago

Is the new code using the turning roof top ? I only see it moving in attrack mode... or I'm so bad that I didn't see it yet

#2206 4 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Is the new code using the turning roof top ? I only see it moving in attrack mode... or I'm so bad that I didn't see it yet

It spins during House party when you hit the center super jackpot shot and the insert turns with a nice white.

Also the Elvira image on the turret illuminates.

Hopefully this is just the beginning of the Turret integration.

#2207 4 years ago
Quoted from KLR2014:

Yes. The turret turns during House Party. Shoot the house when the eyeball is facing you to add-a-ball.

#2208 4 years ago
Quoted from gipinball:

Anyone else have a ball get stuck behind drop target?
After 2-3 ball searches, target still doesn’t drop.
So glass off tap target ball rolls out.(only happens when having a high scoring game lol)

The drop target doesn't have a solenoid to bring it down (only to pop it up). So a ball search can't clear it.
Make sure to adjust the piece of spring steel on the gate in the Garage (under the left ramp) - bend it as far as you can so the Gate opens as freely as possible. This adjustment has made it so the ball doesn't end up getting stuck in that position for me.

#2209 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

loving this game Lyman thanks to you and everyone on the team that worked on it, whole family is enjoying it.
I'd love to find away to get this video in the game - its classic:

Haha... And the marquee. "How to uck"

#2210 4 years ago

Got to play it last night with a buddy, more movie clips and call outs! More light show. So nice. Still having too many rejections out of the front door.

#2211 4 years ago

Just played a game with new software and WoW, what a great job you guys are doing. Got Gappa but drained... Played so many other modes, multiballs and features I got nearly 700M. But still a few issues I saw. She was also confused a few times and I got two balls, one ball drained, ball was over . I think it might be the trunk. It keeps firing and now says malfunction. So got to check that first.

#2212 4 years ago

I feel like a terrible player, I still haven't seen Gappa yet.

#2213 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Same here, I've got to where the freak fryer is at max level but never made it to the actual mode

#2214 4 years ago

Kick it up to 5 balls per game for a little bit and reward yourself.

No one is watching!

#2215 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Kick it up to 5 balls per game for a little bit and reward yourself.
No one is watching!

But I'll know!

#2216 4 years ago
Quoted from Reality_Studio:

Same here, I've got to where the freak fryer is at max level but never made it to the actual mode

When you get a multiball let the balls drain and they will be kicked out in to the pops and that will help with the switch hits. Don’t forget to trap up a ball first and when the ball save is finished just continue to play your multiball. The spinner shot helps out if you can rip it up once in a while.

#2217 4 years ago

Got to play it last night with a buddy, more movie clips and call outs! More light show. So nice. Still having too many rejections out of the front door.

Move your outlanes to the tightest setting and give your ball save a few more seconds. It’s ok to play for fun if you don’t actively play in tournaments etc no reason to not relax and enjoy pinball. Even if you do, very few times do home games play like location so have fun

#2218 4 years ago

Well, it’s official. Just mailed the check for Elvira. This is far and away the most I’ve ever spent on a game, so hopefully the journey will be worth it!

#2219 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Well, it’s official. Just mailed the check for Elvira. This is far and away the most I’ve ever spent on a game, so hopefully the journey will be worth it!

Who’s your distributor? I thought I was buying one from GAP but he’s been unresponsive

#2220 4 years ago

I will never tell.

#2221 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Great choice. It's already so F'ing good!

#2222 4 years ago

Having an issue with my new game. I unboxed it this afternoon and updated the software before playing any games. I set the game for free play and when I pushed start to play the first game, I get a “locating pinballs” message which stays on for a minute or so and then the game goes back to attract mode. I have all 6 balls loaded in the trough and solenoids are firing trying to shake loose balls but that’s it.

Any ideas anyone? I lifted the playfield and checked all the connectors and all seem to be OK.

Thanks for any help...
Curt

#2223 4 years ago
Quoted from CurtH:

Having an issue with my new game. I unboxed it this afternoon and updated the software before playing any games. I set the game for free play and when I pushed start to play the first game, I get a “locating pinballs” message which stays on for a minute or so and then the game goes back to attract mode. I have all 6 balls loaded in the trough and solenoids are firing trying to shake loose balls but that’s it.
Any ideas anyone? I lifted the playfield and checked all the connectors and all seem to be OK.
Thanks for any help...
Curt

Go to settings and do a switch check to see if your ball through optos are working.

#2224 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Good decision. The game plays great and has more mechanically going on than most recent titles. (deceiving at initial release w/streams etc)
Timing is perfect, code is coming along too!
Congrats

#2225 4 years ago

I’m in, too! Ordered yesterday and arrives on Monday from Game Exchange of Colorado! The whole family is very excited to unbox it!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2226 4 years ago
Quoted from CurtH:

Thanks for any help...
Curt

Unplugging the connector in the trough and putting it back 'could' do the trick.

#2227 4 years ago

Haven't really had the time to seek this out and play it since Expo. A lot's changed! Awesome software support by Lyman, as always.

#2228 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

Welcome to the club! That is the most money we have ever spent on a game too.

Game is awesome.

#2229 4 years ago

Plan on joining the club today. Before I head out to pick one up nib just making sure no current owner wants to sell me theirs. Got cash in hand.
Also is there a consensus?
Mirror blades,
Or artblades?

#2230 4 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Plan on joining the club today. Before I head out to pick one up nib just making sure no current owner wants to sell me theirs. Got cash in hand.
Also is there a consensus?
Mirror blades,
Or artblades?

Where can you go just to pick one up NIB?!

#2231 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Where can you go just to pick one up NIB?!

Pinside Market...?

#2232 4 years ago

With this new code, it is nice to finally see an "attract mode"...this game is a Masterpiece in progress.

#2233 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Pinside Market...?

I mean physically go

#2234 4 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Mirror blades,
Or artblades?

I don’t think mirror blades would work well on this game. On a Premium I would put art blades on or leave the sides black. The LE/SE blades are absolutely perfect and the Stern aftermarket ones are nice.

#2235 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

I mean physically go

I know of two places that have them n i b within driving distance of Pennsylvania once I pick mine up I'll let you know where the other ones at. Still begs the question mirror blades or art blades?

#2236 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I don’t think mirror blades would work well on this game. On a Premium I would put art blades on or leave the sides black.

Thanks for the opinion driving as I speak to pick mine up. R Doyle I'll send you a p.m. in a little bit where the other ones at.

#2237 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Hopefully in the future L.S. will add a feature to the lock down button to allow us to change what’s on the display, kind of like BM66.

What exactly would you want to see the “channel change” feature used for? You aren’t running multiple haunts at the same time like multiple villains in Batman.

#2238 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

What exactly would you want to see the “channel change” feature used for? You aren’t running multiple haunts at the same time like multiple villains in Batman.

No we’re not running multiple haunts...but it would be nice to have control over multiball modes that cover the haunt to be able to flip flop it in order to hear or see jackpots or mode shots.

#2239 4 years ago

Finally updated my game to .92 code. Will start to play right after I make this post.

But, I got good news. I didn't want to post about it before I actually got the machine in my house. But, I just added Elvira's older sister to my collection. One of them at least.
I just got Party Monsters.

Its a bit rough in some places. Wasn't the best deal... Wasn't the worst. I haven't finished setting it up in my home to play. But, that will be done soon.
I did order the new plastics and other stuff to refurb it. Still on the original plastics that are like 32 years old.
I meant bands. I ordered new bands for it.

#2240 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Finally updated my game to .92 code. Will start to play right after I make this post.
But, I got good news. I didn't want to post about it before I actually got the machine in my house. But, I just added Elvira's older sister to my collection. One of them at least.
I just got Party Monsters.
Its a bit rough in some places. Wasn't the best deal... Wasn't the worst. I haven't finished setting it up in my home to play. But, that will be done soon.
I did order the new plastics and other stuff to refurb it. Still on the original plastics that are like 32 years old.

Two down, one to go

#2241 4 years ago

I am loving this game - its so much fun - just had an epic stream game

Got to Party mode and Gappa Angry - here is a clip of classic Elvira!

https://clips.twitch.tv/CrispyFamousDragonflyKlappa

To watch the whole stream:

Party mode and Gappa Angry fast forward to

#2242 4 years ago

Saw the boogiemen! And when you make a sneaky lock it counts for one lock or all the locks in that stage of Gappa Angry?

#2243 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

Saw the boogiemen! And when you make a sneaky lock it counts for one lock or all the locks in that stage of Gappa Angry?

I actually drained a few balls during mb because I was looking up at the lcd to see the boogie men and the gargoyles. Ohhhh well...

I also like the house lighting effect when the organ plays before House Party mode.

#2244 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

I'm not sure - it seemed to be all of the locks of that stage.

#2245 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I am loving this game - its so much fun - just had an epic stream game
Got to Party mode and Gappa Angry - here is a clip of classic Elvira!
https://clips.twitch.tv/CrispyFamousDragonflyKlappa
To watch the whole stream:

Party mode and Gappa Angry fast forward to

“Ooh, nice organ!”

My favorite callout of all time! So glad that made it in the game. Great throwback to EATPM.

#2246 4 years ago
Quoted from Mudflaps:

“Ooh, nice organ!”
My favorite callout of all time! So glad that made it in the game. Great throwback to EATPM.

Mine too. We should start a club... Oh wait... We're in a club already.

#2247 4 years ago
Quoted from tp:

Thanks for the opinion driving as I speak to pick mine up. R Doyle I'll send you a p.m. in a little bit where the other ones at.

Found one dude . Just joined the club this afternoon! LE #383!

#2248 4 years ago

Just played a bit on the new code, very nice. New light shows and animations are great, like the x bonus animation. Overall, game is now progressing really well. New knocker sound is close to what you’d hear with a real one.

#2249 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

New knocker sound is close to what you’d hear with a real one.

New knocker sound? That seems promising. I can only hope they change over every game that is still receiving updates. Anyone have a recording of this?

#2250 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Found one dude . Just joined the club this afternoon! LE #383!

Welcome to the club!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

9,000 (Firm)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/45?hl=javagrind888 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.