20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 360.
#2101 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

And make sure nothing else is on the drive except those three files.

That doesn't matter actually. I had bk:sor and 3lvira on a stick together on Sunday and the update went fine. It prompts for the update file to run.

#2102 4 years ago

Put up my best score so far

6E527FC1-8AA1-4221-A5DE-5CA7FC8A8196 (resized).jpeg6E527FC1-8AA1-4221-A5DE-5CA7FC8A8196 (resized).jpeg
#2103 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

That doesn't matter actually. I had bk:sor and 3lvira on a stick together on Sunday and the update went fine. It prompts for the update file to run.

Agreed as I keep most current EHOH and JP on same USB stick as those machines are next to each other.. Never and issue and actually updated both last night

el (resized).JPGel (resized).JPG
#2104 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Our game works great. Skill shot works too. We do not have the revised ball guides installed either. Do you have the machine set up correctly? Correct pitch and side to side?
There is plenty of good help from Pinsiders on this thread. Lucky we have Pinside to help when needed!

Funny thing is I played this game at a local bar and got the skill shot fairly easily when I was trying for it. No idea when it was made though or if it has the guides. Seems to be pretty level.

#2105 4 years ago
Quoted from JustinJohnson:

Funny thing is I played this game at a local bar and got the skill shot fairly easily when I was trying for it. No idea when it was made though or if it has the guides. Seems to be pretty level.

Some operators set their games up very well. You are lucky.

#2106 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Agreed as I keep most current EHOH and JP on same USB stick as those machines are next to each other.. Never and issue and actually updated both last night [quoted image]

Those titties look rimpled ...

#2107 4 years ago
Quoted from mozach:

Here's the apron card I'm bringing to expo to have her sign. Went with something simple.[quoted image]

What size should I print rule cards at for this game?

#2108 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

Those titties look rimpled ...

nah camera angle

#2109 4 years ago

Not sure if this was posted before but there are custom apron cards for EHOH here.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only/page/15#post-5412180

#2110 4 years ago

God this game is epic. Does anyone know what the turret is going to do? If each turn brings in all new movies for the windows this game is a 10. Is that the plan with the turret? Please Lyman?? Pretty please???

#2111 4 years ago
Quoted from Cgpinhead:

God this game is epic. Does anyone know what the turret is going to do? If each turn brings in all new movies for the windows this game is a 10. Is that the plan with the turret? Please Lyman?? Pretty please???

We all have fingers crossed for that. With 26 movies in Elvira's Coffin Collection, and only 6+1 windows on the manor, the turret should have a role in the movie selection.

#2112 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

We all have fingers crossed for that. With 26 movies in Elvira's Coffin Collection, and only 6+1 windows on the manor, the turret should have a role in the movie selection.

The only thing is... What item or event would turn the turret. We know their is a Skeleton key for a locked door.
So that won't turn the turret. But, right now it only activates Santa.

Which I think is proof that perhaps the turret does turn and will unlock more haunts. Of course you'll always need the skeleton key to get to that one room/window. Which makes it more worthwhile.

But, again. I don't think there will be something that you collect that'll turn the house, but rather an event that makes the turret spin.

Of course it isn't programed in. But, I think that is the only way to make it work. And it shouldn't be too hard or difficult to accomplish. As these modes are something that most people will want to explore.
Those are my thoughts.

And I really do hope they add a match to the end of this game. I really still stand by my belief that it should be Elvira waving and saying unpleasant dreams. and then them zooming out of her the doors closing and then we see the house.
I hope this happens. Yes, it'll add to the game time. But, totally worth watching.

#2113 4 years ago

Well the action button doesn't do anything yet!

#2114 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

I think that was always implied, but that would require quite a few more modes to be programmed which might be a big ask given that we are at .91 already.

But if not for additional haunts I don’t know what else makes sense for the turret.

#2115 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I think that was always implied, but that would require quite a few more modes to be programmed which might be a big ask given that we are at .91 already.
But if not for additional haunts I don’t know what else makes sense for the turret.

Versioning means nothing in terms of software, especially with stern's versioning system. If they used say semantic versioning system it would make more sense. Remember we have a haunt (maybe more) that is not accessible. I think the versions are really just the "hey this code base goes to testing" more than anything.

#2116 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Well the action button doesn't do anything yet!

it stops the wheel

#2117 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

And I really do hope they add a match to the end of this game. I really still stand by my belief that it should be Elvira waving and saying unpleasant dreams. and then them zooming out of her the doors closing and then we see the house.
I hope this happens. Yes, it'll add to the game time. But, totally worth watching.

I also hope the the actual match screen is a placeholder.

#2118 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

it stops the wheel

And it launches the ball...

#2119 4 years ago

*anything meaningful

...smart Alecks

#2120 4 years ago

Got my new Elvira side armer on Friday and installed them on Saturday! They look super sweet on the premium Elvira. Figured I would share for those that are thinking about get them!

IMG_6548 (resized).jpgIMG_6548 (resized).jpg
#2121 4 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

Got my new Elvira side armer on Friday and installed them on Saturday! They look super sweet on the premium Elvira. Figured I would share for those that are thinking about get them![quoted image]

Damn those look sweet!

#2122 4 years ago

Got my premium all set up today. Adding some mods.

16B1112A-E071-4B99-BD90-55AE8999B4ED (resized).jpeg16B1112A-E071-4B99-BD90-55AE8999B4ED (resized).jpeg1CDE84D7-4387-489D-BFBC-195A7754B1C5 (resized).jpeg1CDE84D7-4387-489D-BFBC-195A7754B1C5 (resized).jpeg1D5D6A2C-40E9-4FBB-BDA7-716A92495AC5 (resized).jpeg1D5D6A2C-40E9-4FBB-BDA7-716A92495AC5 (resized).jpeg2B1FB0EA-FEDD-4BC8-988B-7FD111E41C46 (resized).jpeg2B1FB0EA-FEDD-4BC8-988B-7FD111E41C46 (resized).jpeg45FC3830-F660-4C2D-BE2A-54D3F84E9A81 (resized).jpeg45FC3830-F660-4C2D-BE2A-54D3F84E9A81 (resized).jpeg5C52CD1C-BD25-4DC6-8CEE-B773D7F45BD7 (resized).jpeg5C52CD1C-BD25-4DC6-8CEE-B773D7F45BD7 (resized).jpeg73673B6E-2188-498B-BB2D-1505C788C02B (resized).jpeg73673B6E-2188-498B-BB2D-1505C788C02B (resized).jpeg8FC1D0F4-AFBB-4978-852A-C7907C3F74A7 (resized).jpeg8FC1D0F4-AFBB-4978-852A-C7907C3F74A7 (resized).jpeg99511FE3-BFA4-4A09-9400-C6F2C8536385 (resized).jpeg99511FE3-BFA4-4A09-9400-C6F2C8536385 (resized).jpeg9B8BF56B-6BC0-42A7-8992-0B55B9072484 (resized).jpeg9B8BF56B-6BC0-42A7-8992-0B55B9072484 (resized).jpegACDC81E0-185A-4400-9789-BD8F494EBB68 (resized).jpegACDC81E0-185A-4400-9789-BD8F494EBB68 (resized).jpeg
#2123 4 years ago

Gappa Angry

Pin Becoming a favorite all time of mine along with JP and TWD

#2124 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Got my premium all set up today. Adding some mods.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow where did you get those mods? Especially the bone ramps?

#2125 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Gappa Angry
Pin Becoming a favorite all time of mine along with JP and TWD

Same here. I bought it as a place holder till my MMR Royal came. Now we’re keeping Elvira too. NEED MORE SPACE

#2126 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Got my premium all set up today. Adding some mods.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Nice call back and homage to the SS mods Tatman. I’m really loving the side armor, even better than the armor that came with the LE.

#2127 4 years ago

Gotta ask though. Where did you get the free play card on the right. Would love to have one for my EHOH pin.

#2128 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Gotta ask though. Where did you get the free play card on the right. Would love to have one for my EHOH pin.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/custom-apron-cards-printable-versions-only#post-5151215

#2129 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

Yeah, I'd love to know where you got those ramp mods and coffin mod. The flipper bats too. Those are sweet.

#2130 4 years ago

I love B Horror and sci fi movies and have a huge collection of them. That's the only reason I could get an elvira in my home. However some how this movie managed to elude me so I picked up a copy so I can have the context of its clips and elviras comments. It cant be that bad right? Anyone ever see Ed Woods "Orgy of the Dead?"

manos (resized).jpgmanos (resized).jpg
#2131 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Yeah, I'd love to know where you got those ramp mods and coffin mod. The flipper bats too. Those are sweet.

Those are scared stiff Bone ramp mods.

#2132 4 years ago

Are they just pieces from the original game?

#2133 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Versioning means nothing in terms of software, especially with stern's versioning system. If they used say semantic versioning system it would make more sense. Remember we have a haunt (maybe more) that is not accessible. I think the versions are really just the "hey this code base goes to testing" more than anything.

That used to be true, but changed a few years ago. A version of 1.0 is now considered “feature complete” (though that has only been loosely described). Now, that certainly doesn’t mean we won’t see a significant amount of new content before 1.0 (especially if Lyman’s pitch for feature complete included the idea of the turret rotating for additional modes).

If you review the readme’s over the last couple years you can get a clear idea of the progression of what feature complete meant and get a pretty good idea of what % of the code is done at release by looking at the initial version number. Stern gets a lot of grief for releasing games with obviously unfinished code but I give them a lot of credit for going to this new versioning scheme to try and give us a relative idea of code state.

#2135 4 years ago

Looks great Tat! Mod guys. Need it

#2136 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I love B Horror and sci fi movies and have a huge collection of them. That's the only reason I could get an elvira in my home. However some how this movie managed to elude me so I picked up a copy so I can have the context of its clips and elviras comments. It cant be that bad right? Anyone ever see Ed Woods "Orgy of the Dead?"[quoted image]

My brother(one of them. I have many) owned it on VHS. THis was before we ever saw or heard of Ed Wood. The movie might have been out at the time. But, we had yet to rent it and discover it yet. This is pre-imdb and all those sites. So all the info like filmographies weren't really compiled yet.

Anyway. My brother loved it, as he was a high schooler and he had a VHS with nudity in it. But, man... What a lame movie with lots of bad continuity and editing gaffes, and I think the women were all old and flabby in it. So not my cup of tea, but my brother watched it a good bunch of times.

#2137 4 years ago

Put a little strip felt adhesive on end of left orbit ball lane guide so ball returns to flipper consistently.

Got tired of not being able to control the ball off that left sling on the return!

Is the only extra ball opportunity on the Deadhead Crypt? I can't recall if lighting all of the left target bank gets you and EB too?

#2138 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Put a little strip felt adhesive on end of left orbit ball lane guide so ball returns to flipper consistently.
Got tired of not being able to control the ball off that left sling on the return!
Is the only extra ball opportunity on the Deadhead Crypt? I can't recall if lighting all of the left target bank gets you and EB too?

Extra balls:
1. Vanquish two dead heads to light
2. Complete two haunts to light
3. Second Wheel of Fate

(User adjustable, of course.)

#2139 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

That used to be true, but changed a few years ago. A version of 1.0 is now considered “feature complete” (though that has only been loosely described). Now, that certainly doesn’t mean we won’t see a significant amount of new content before 1.0 (especially if Lyman’s pitch for feature complete included the idea of the turret rotating for additional modes).
If you review the readme’s over the last couple years you can get a clear idea of the progression of what feature complete meant and get a pretty good idea of what % of the code is done at release by looking at the initial version number. Stern gets a lot of grief for releasing games with obviously unfinished code but I give them a lot of credit for going to this new versioning scheme to try and give us a relative idea of code state.

Oh I was unaware of that. I really hope it isn't true for this game or else the turret will be left unused.

#2140 4 years ago

My distributor gave me this gate along with the two updated guides. It's identical to the one found in the right orbit. Anyone had this also? There's no instruction and I don't really know where it's supposed to go.

20200222_215016 (resized).jpg20200222_215016 (resized).jpg
#2141 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I love B Horror and sci fi movies and have a huge collection of them. That's the only reason I could get an elvira in my home. However some how this movie managed to elude me so I picked up a copy so I can have the context of its clips and elviras comments. It cant be that bad right? Anyone ever see Ed Woods "Orgy of the Dead?"[quoted image]

do yourself a favor and watch the MST3k version of Manos too! so funny...

#2142 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

Absolutely one of the worst can’t-believe-it-was-released movies of all time! Fascinating story behind how it was made. The camera could only hold something like 25 seconds of footage, and no sound was recorded on set, so they had to overdub every single line of dialogue. A lot of the actors weren’t available or willing, so almost all of the roles were done by one or two people!

#2143 4 years ago

I second this. There is a version from the original MST3k that you can find on the streaming service "Shout Factory" and there is a newer version by RiffTrax which is some of the MST3k members. They do a live show featuring Manos that is on Amazon Prime. Then as you go down the rabbit hole of the best bad movies you have to check out a more current movie, Birdemic. Also riffed live by the Rifftrax guys and it is also available on Amazon Prime.

Quoted from cleanandlevel:

do yourself a favor and watch the MST3k version of Manos too! so funny...

#2144 4 years ago
Quoted from drbrain:

I second this. There is a version from the original MST3k that you can find on the streaming service "Shout Factory" and there is a newer version by RiffTrax which is some of the MST3k members. They do a live show featuring Manos that is on Amazon Prime. Then as you go down the rabbit hole of the best bad movies you have to check out a more current movie, Birdemic. Also riffed live by the Rifftrax guys and it is also available on Amazon Prime.

Haven't seen the rifftrax Manos. Will look for that. Watched a lot of the Rifftrax that prime has. Girl from Rio was really funny. Loved the bit about the guys sports jacket size. Was just too funny.

Birdemic was also really funny to watch. What I like about rifftrax is I get to see movies so bad that I'd never ever watch them, but they make them so entertaining. And also since I am a writer, I view watching them as a way to learn what you should never ever do in a story. A way to learn from other peoples past mistakes and gaffes. They are funny guys.

#2145 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Absolutely one of the worst can’t-believe-it-was-released movies of all time! Fascinating story behind how it was made. The camera could only hold something like 25 seconds of footage, and no sound was recorded on set, so they had to overdub every single line of dialogue. A lot of the actors weren’t available or willing, so almost all of the roles were done by one or two people!

Well I think the camera was probably a winding 16mm camera. So it could only run for 25 seconds. It probably held a full roll. A lot of these also had motor attachments that you could rent or purchase to add on. But, that would have cost the person more money. But, yeah... And also back in those days you had to record sound separately. And that is why you might have seen the clappers in movies where they say the scene and take number(and its written down on it as well) and then they clap it.
They clap it down so that you have a physical(visible editing point) and also a sound editing point. That is how you merge them later in the editing booth.

But, to do that. IT would require a lot more work and setup as you'd need to have a boom operator(sound recorder) and also preferable a sound engineer to monitor the sound recording as the boom is too engaged. And then you'd have to stage and setup your shots to make sure they wouldn't get in the way or fall into the shots.

And even then with all that work. You're still going to want to ADR a lot of the stuff, as it just will actually sound better.

Anyway... Even making a crappy film is an achievement. So hats off. I tried to make a film in my youth. It wound up being great test footage. And a great learning experience... But, a very, very costly one.

Lastly. Bruce Campbell once said something along the lines of, the easiest films to make, are the hardest ones to watch. And he's right about that.

#2146 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well I think the camera was probably a winding 16mm camera. So it could only run for 25 seconds. It probably held a full roll. A lot of these also had motor attachments that you could rent or purchase to add on. But, that would have cost the person more money. But, yeah... And also back in those days you had to record sound separately. And that is why you might have seen the clappers in movies where they say the scene and take number(and its written down on it as well) and then they clap it.
They clap it down so that you have a physical(visible editing point) and also a sound editing point. That is how you merge them later in the editing booth.
But, to do that. IT would require a lot more work and setup as you'd need to have a boom operator(sound recorder) and also preferable a sound engineer to monitor the sound recording as the boom is too engaged. And then you'd have to stage and setup your shots to make sure they wouldn't get in the way or fall into the shots.
And even then with all that work. You're still going to want to ADR a lot of the stuff, as it just will actually sound better.
Anyway... Even making a crappy film is an achievement. So hats off. I tried to make a film in my youth. It wound up being great test footage. And a great learning experience... But, a very, very costly one.
Lastly. Bruce Campbell once said something along the lines of, the easiest films to make, are the hardest ones to watch. And he's right about that.

Totally agree- even making a bad movie is an achievement!

But I disagree about the technical stuff. Sound could have been done on location - double system recording was definitely being used back then (it was the 1960s, not 1925 . And don’t forget even Super 8 could record sound -on- the film stock.

the director just didn’t feel like springing for a Nagra - much like they didn’t go for a motor driven magazine loading camera, which would have let them use expanded lengths of film, AND not have to hand crank! They were just cheap bastards in over their heads

And now immortalised forever... again!

#2147 4 years ago
Quoted from drbrain:

Then as you go down the rabbit hole of the best bad movies you have to check out a more current movie, Birdemic.

Quoted from Diospinball:

Birdemic was also really funny to watch.

Hangin' out.....hangin' out......hangin' out with my family......havin' ourselves a party!

#2148 4 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Totally agree- even making a bad movie is an achievement!
But I disagree about the technical stuff. Sound could have been done on location - double system recording was definitely being used back then (it was the 1960s, not 1925 . And don’t forget even Super 8 could record sound -on- the film stock.
the director just didn’t feel like springing for a Nagra - much like they didn’t go for a motor driven magazine loading camera, which would have let them use expanded lengths of film, AND not have to hand crank! They were just cheap bastards in over their heads
And now immortalised forever... again!

I had a super 8 that could record sound... But, by the time I owned it, not sure if a they still sold that film stock and b if a processing company would know how to process it.

I have shot on both 8mm and 16mm. Long time ago in film school. 8mm is fun. But, you want to make sure you have a decent camera, as it does even matter for that. I had a lens issue with one of my films and it just didn't come out at all. Waste of an entire 2 days of filming, and a couple hundred bucks.

16mm was cool. But, by the time I got around digital was really starting to take over, and I saw the writing on the wall. Anyway... Lot of fun stuff. Had a lot of good times making silly short student films. I think I might only have shot 3 times on 16mm... So I won't pretend I'm the end all know all expert.

I will just say if it was me. And if I didn't want to hassle with the sound. I would have bought some crappy sound recording device. And just recorded a base sound. So that I could get a feel for how the ADR would need to go later. But, they only had I believe 3 guys and 1 woman record all the parts in that movie. So... That was another issue.

Just reminds me of a story about Phantasm. Where the woman in lavender actress refused to do the nude scene. So they hired a body double. The mother of the actress was at a screening and she shouted out during the scene, you should have done the nude scene, your breasts are so much nicer than the ones they got... And then later the actress agreed and told Don Consgerilli the same thing. The joys of low budget film making.

4 times... I forgot about one of my films.

#2149 4 years ago
Quoted from tatman9999:

I wonder if it would be too much to do the Bony Beast mod and the Medisinyl crypt with the gargoyle too.

#2150 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I wonder if it would be too much to do the Bony Beast mod and the Medisinyl crypt with the gargoyle too.

I was thinking the same. I think it would be too much.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
$ 7.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 6.00
Playfield - Protection
Apron Envy
Protection
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 20.00
Electronics
Gameroom Mods
Electronics
Machine - For Sale
Yucaipa, CA
$ 60.00
Tools
Performance Pinball
Tools
Playfield - Protection
Pin Monk
Protection
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
Decorations
$ 38.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC
Various novelties
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep
Other
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 5.00
Lighting - Backbox
Gameroom Mods
Backbox
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk
Other
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,980 posts in this topic. You are on page 43 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/43?hl=nexfx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.