IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 363.
#2051 4 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

Did any one else see the Stern doped new side armor for our Elviras today!!!
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/elvira-side-armor

There goes my money.... Love it!

#2052 4 years ago

Those will look pretty sweet! Interested to see them in place.

#2053 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Those will look pretty sweet! Interested to see them in place.

Exactly my thoughts - look awesome but cant wait to see installed!

#2054 4 years ago

Ordered! I’m a sucker for side armor

#2055 4 years ago
web (resized).jpgweb (resized).jpgweb1 (resized).jpgweb1 (resized).jpg
#2056 4 years ago

Before this last code update this never happened to me, but now it's happening quite often. I'll get it into the house to start a mode and the ball bounces back out. The mode starts, but when we stop to watch the scene, the ball pops out early and drains. Very annoying

#2057 4 years ago

I'm on the latest code. Friends over for pins and Elvira reset during house party. Dude said every insert went red and it reset. Anybody else still having this issue? Only time it has happened since I got it.

My other gripes are the house reject as mentioned above (set my delay to 250, haven't tried 125 yet) and the star trek stuck ball on the pop. Set the pop to a hair trigger and it still takes the slightest wiggle to get it into the orbit.

Other than the reset which has only happened once, small issues. Game is amazing.

#2058 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Before this last code update this never happened to me, but now it's happening quite often. I'll get it into the house to start a mode and the ball bounces back out. The mode starts, but when we stop to watch the scene, the ball pops out early and drains. Very annoying

That use to be more frequent. Can't comment on newest code. But, in one of the updates they fixed the issue quite nicely. It might be back due to them accidentally breaking it again.

But, if its there it'll get sorted again.

#2059 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

This also happens to me, but only on the first mode I start.

#2060 4 years ago

It never happened to me before .90 now it happens pretty randomly

#2061 4 years ago

I played a prem recently at a distributor showroom. Skill shot didn't work. House ramp would jam open. It was going into ball search, seemingly at random times with a ball in play. I don't know what code revision it was running. It's sad as I was seriously considering a NIB purchase. I guess I'll wait until I see these issues are fixed at the factory.

#2062 4 years ago
Quoted from Jgaltr56:

I'll wait until I see these issues are fixed at the factory.

Sounds like that particular game needs attention, especially if it’s in the showroom.

Sorry you had a bad experience, those issues have not been widespread on the premium.
New code is was a hit with friends last night!

#2063 4 years ago

most of the issues are 5 minute fixes, I wouldn't let them deter you from this gem. Gappa mode alone will make this machine a classic. some of the most fun I've had on a machine...

#2064 4 years ago

The game is full of problems! I plan to tackle the shill shot project this week. Thanks for the video on pinside for some needed assistance. They should not release games without testing. We are the testing public. Not cool.

#2065 4 years ago
Quoted from calprog:

The game is full of problems! I plan to tackle the shill shot project this week. Thanks for the video on pinside for some needed assistance. They should not release games without testing. We are the testing public. Not cool.

Our game works great. Skill shot works too. We do not have the revised ball guides installed either. Do you have the machine set up correctly? Correct pitch and side to side?

There is plenty of good help from Pinsiders on this thread. Lucky we have Pinside to help when needed!

#2066 4 years ago

My skill shot has always worked. Oct 24 build date LE

I just started having House center shot
Issue right before code update and persists after

Won’t recognize any shots up the middle. Falls back down the ramp

Guessing it’s the opto? It’s not the #188 adj

Anyone else experiencing this?

#2067 4 years ago

I got to play for a while last night and thought .91 was a big upgrade and brought a lot more fun factor to the game. Please brilliant Mr. Lyman Sheats can you make the center right flasher rapidly blink when we hit that spinner?. That woodbury spinner on TWD is such a great shot with the sound and lights and I would love to hear Elvira's spinner be as percussive and have a flasher. I finally added the trees (Genius to who ever thought of this first) and they add a lot of creep and atmosphere to the scene. They come in a three pack and I had to trim them all down but I got the third one tucked back in the right corner and it looks cool to have some barren branches in front of that big full moon.

elvira trees (resized).jpgelvira trees (resized).jpg
#2068 4 years ago

I know what the problem is now. House Diverter motor is working but diverter is stuck in position. Won’t correct itself in test mode

Will figure it out, should be something simple

#2069 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

I know what the problem is now. House Diverter motor is working but diverter is stuck in position. Won’t correct itself in test mode

Screws may have fallen out. There are two screws that hold that diverter plate to the mech.

20191206_105153 (resized).jpg20191206_105153 (resized).jpg
#2070 4 years ago

If those problems are at a distributor's shop, do not buy from that distributor.

#2071 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Screws may have fallen out. There are two screws that hold that diverter plate to the mech.[quoted image]

I had an issue (my one and only; knock wood) when I first got my machine with the house diverter. It wasn't moving all the way up. It seemed to be catching on something. I took that damn thing apart, learned how it worked, and still couldn't figure out where it was binding. (For a while I thought it was hanging up on the plastic on the back panel.) Put the thing back together and it's worked fine ever since.

#2072 4 years ago

What’s working really well is this Medisinyl mod. I don’t normally do this stuff to games but wow - it looks way too stock not to!
Outstanding job. Thanks!
5A878C90-771B-4F14-9D53-F8BCD65B2F0B (resized).jpeg5A878C90-771B-4F14-9D53-F8BCD65B2F0B (resized).jpeg

#2073 4 years ago

Screws may have fallen out. There are two screws that hold that diverter plate to the mech.[quoted image]

Thanks brother, gonna check it out tonight!

I think it must be it. When I looked into ramp with light it looked crooked

#2074 4 years ago
Quoted from iceman44:

Thanks brother, gonna check it out tonight!
I think it must be it. When I looked into ramp with light it looked crooked

There is not much in there to fall off. Check the opto screws are tight and aligned while you are there as well.

Good Luck!

#2075 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

If those problems are at a distributor's shop, do not buy from that distributor.

I don't blame the distro for Stern's lack of QC but I did mention the issues to the salesperson and I even asked if they would unbox one they had in inventory and let me inspect it before purchase. Nope! I know I can fix the issues but I shouldn't have to. Not sure what I was expecting.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#2076 4 years ago

Hi all, I'm new to this thread and was hoping to get some general feedback on this game. I read a few pages and outside of what seems to be the norm these days with a few mechanical issues the game seems to be a hit.

I was able to play a Premium version today (about 9 games) and didn't experience any issues with it, even the back door skill shot worked great. I also played a Jurassic Park as well, great shooting game it is.

So My take on the two games is Elvira is great theme and some fun shots, great call outs, music, lighting, video snippets and of course Elvira her self. JP is I think a little better shooting game but lacks the theme, but makes that up in overall play.

I'm leaning towards Elvira but I am worried about that kicker on the right spitting the ball on the play field and the effects of that over time. Not sure how many games were on the game when I played it, the play field looked OK where that ball lands out of the kicker, so maybe I'm being overly concerned about that?

Anyone seeing any issues with this on their game yet?

Thanks!

#2077 4 years ago

Holy crap! I'm pretty sure this game lasted over an hour.

Two tours of the house.
Two Director's Cuts.
Gappa Angry twice: Multiball once, whatever the second one is once.
Completed Hand of Fate wheel twice.

Spoilers below:

The second HoF wheel has three different wedges: special, extra ball and ? The third HoF wheel has only three awards: 2M and 5M alternating and one ?. I couldn't tell what the ? did.

In case anyone wasn't aware:
I LOVE THIS GAME!

20200216_221610 (resized).jpg20200216_221610 (resized).jpg
#2078 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

If you're talking about dimples, heck yeah!

#2079 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Hes not talking about dimples. Hes talking about playfield damage occurring after lots of gameplay down the road.

#2080 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

I'm leaning towards Elvira but I am worried about that kicker on the right spitting the ball on the play field and the effects of that over time. Not sure how many games were on the game when I played it, the play field looked OK where that ball lands out of the kicker, so maybe I'm being overly concerned about that?
Thanks!

Maybe a patch of mylar strategically placed where the balls initially hit on the PF would give you peace of mind. I think I would do something like this and it would be invisible anyway.

#2081 4 years ago

Our game works great. Skill shot works too. We do not have the revised ball guides installed either. Do you have the machine set up correctly? Correct pitch and side to side?
There is plenty of good help from Pinsiders on this thread. Lucky we have Pinside to help when needed!

Please stop telling people they don't need the revised skill shot ball guide. The revised parts are needed for it to work correctly. If you set your game up with a steep pitch (and level) you will not be able to make the skill shot without the revised guides. Once you have the revised guides, the skill shot difficulty is perfect for the game (very similar to Funhouse).

Anyone that does not have the revised ball guides should definitely get them. It really adds a lot when you have the functioning skill shot.

#2082 4 years ago
Quoted from 1956PINHEAD:

Put a playfield protector on the game and don’t worry about it. Inexpensive insurance and peace of mind. I put one on Batman 66 and love it. Putting one on Elvira was a no brainer especially after seeing the VUK.

Soft wood with Elvira will be disappointing. Use protection and play stiff, not scared.

#2083 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I got to play for a while last night and thought .91 was a big upgrade and brought a lot more fun factor to the game. Please brilliant Mr. Lyman Sheats can you make the center right flasher rapidly blink when we hit that spinner?. That woodbury spinner on TWD is such a great shot with the sound and lights and I would love to hear Elvira's spinner be as percussive and have a flasher. I finally added the trees (Genius to who ever thought of this first) and they add a lot of creep and atmosphere to the scene. They come in a three pack and I had to trim them all down but I got the third one tucked back in the right corner and it looks cool to have some barren branches in front of that big full moon.[quoted image]

Pinstein link for trees? please.. You have an LE ? I don't think mine has her car in it

#2084 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

Please stop telling people they don't need the revised skill shot ball guide. The revised parts are needed for it to work correctly. If you set your game up with a steep pitch (and level) you will not be able to make the skill shot without the revised guides. Once you have the revised guides, the skill shot difficulty is perfect for the game (very similar to Funhouse).
Anyone that does not have the revised ball guides should definitely get them. It really adds a lot when you have the functioning skill shot.

Hate to disagree with ya T7, but he's right. When I first got my HOH, my skill shot worked perfectly. I could hit that shot at least (1) out of (4) times and now, for some unknown reason, I can't hit that shot if my life depended on it. I had some buddies over and they messed with the level of the pin and every since then the shot is impossible to hit. I even went back and put the legs back to it's original setting with no pitch whatsover, but to no avail. Just doesn't make sense.

Yes, I did send a text to my distributor asking about the replacement part and no response whatsoever. Plus, I hate the thought of taking almost the whole upper part of the playfield off just to fix a problem I didn't have before.

Love the pin though and glad I got it. Medisynl mods are highly recommended and the trees mentioned above do add the haunted atmosphere as mentioned above.

#2085 4 years ago

If your machine does not have the new ball guides, at least get the kit. Even if you don't install them, you can keep them with the game if you ever decide to sell it. It may not be easy for a secondary owner to get the kit. If I were looking to buy an LE on the secondary market, I would want to know the new rails were, at the least, with the machine.

Quoted from Indypin:

Yes, I did send a text to my distributor asking about the replacement part and no response whatsoever. Plus, I hate the thought of taking almost the whole upper part of the playfield off just to fix a problem I didn't have before.

You'd probably get a better response from Pablo at Stern. When I first set up mine, I was able to hit the skill shot 1 out of 10(?) times. Once I raised the pitch, I couldn't hit it at all. With the guides I am able to hit it somewhat regularly. The guides make the shot easier, but not so easy that it's a gimme.

#2086 4 years ago

Everybody is arguing about the skill shot. I couldn't hit it either until I figured out the actual problem. While I had the house off the game I rolled balls around the backside orbit so I could see first hand what is going on. What I found out is that shot is not possible if the game isn’t perfectly level. When I say level I mean level (I used a digital level). The rear playfield has to be level or the ball just rolls past the back door regardless of ball speed. If your right side rear is high at all you will never hit the shot. A bet everybody saying that can’t hit the shot has a high right rear. The new ball guide sticks out further and makes the shot possible but isn’t needed if the game is perfectly level. Once level, gravity pulls the ball into the backdoor if plunged correctly. I can now do it once out of every 10 pulls. I also ordered the new parts (after paying 10k I figured Stern owed that to me) but I have no plans to install them. Now the pitch of the game is another issue. The shot is feasible starting around 6.2. I have mine set to 6.5. The greater the pitch the easier the backdoor shot is to make (if the game is level). To be honest, I have never seen a game needing this level of procession when being set up. Take the time to sort this out and you will be a happy camper.

#2087 4 years ago

Where’s the topper ?

#2088 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

pinstein link for trees? please.. You have an LE ? I don't think mine has her car in it

Here is a link to the trees on amazon. The car was an added plastic I made. Here is the art file I printed from.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00AYR63BO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00

elvira car print (resized).jpgelvira car print (resized).jpg
#2089 4 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

Hate to disagree with ya T7, but he's right. When I first got my HOH, my skill shot worked perfectly. I could hit that shot at least (1) out of (4) times and now, for some unknown reason, I can't hit that shot if my life depended on it. I had some buddies over and they messed with the level of the pin and every since then the shot is impossible to hit. I even went back and put the legs back to it's original setting with no pitch whatsover, but to no avail. Just doesn't make sense.
Love the pin though and glad I got it. Medisynl mods are highly recommended and the trees mentioned above do add the haunted atmosphere as mentioned above.

I don't see why you are disagreeing with me - you are actually making the case that you need the repair kit.

Get the repair kit installed, and your skill shot will work properly.

There is probably one oddball leveling where it will work without the guides (probably not steep and leaning right) - just because that works, doesn't mean everyone should set their games up like that. The fix will make it work properly ALL the time - at any pitch.

#2090 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I have not said that anywhere. We have ours set up steep (7.2 degrees) and can still make the skill shot. That is all I have said. If your machine is not set up correctly, yes you may never be able to make the skill shot. I agree with you.

We will be getting the new guides to put in once available as well.

#2091 4 years ago
Quoted from T7:

I don't see why you are disagreeing with me - you are actually making the case that you need the repair kit.
Get the repair kit installed, and your skill shot will work properly.
There is probably one oddball leveling where it will work without the guides (probably not steep and leaning right) - just because that works, doesn't mean everyone should set their games up like that. The fix will make it work properly ALL the time - at any pitch.

No one is disagreeing with you. Just doing their best to let you know that the kit makes the skill shot easier. Some people do not like their game to be easier.

That is all.

#2092 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

PF protector installed day 1 here, no regrets.

#2093 4 years ago

Great looking mod ! Where can I buy this ?

Quoted from Vino:

What’s working really well is this Medisinyl mod. I don’t normally do this stuff to games but wow - it looks way too stock not to!
Outstanding job. Thanks!
[quoted image]

#2094 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Great looking mod ! Where can I buy this ?

Long waitlist on them right now, but more information can be found in the mod thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods

I appreciate your interest.

#2095 4 years ago

Just want to say that these MODS are really great. Installed mine over the weekend and it adds so much. Great job Medisinyl.

Quoted from Medisinyl:

Long waitlist on them right now, but more information can be found in the mod thread here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-3-interactive-casket-gargoyle-vuk-cover-medisinyl-mods
I appreciate your interest.

#2096 4 years ago

Just played my second game on new software and got to Gappa Angry. Lost my ball after one lock but what a game it was. Nice lightshows also and zero deadheads achieved... Nice score on 4 balls: 265M.

#2097 4 years ago

Went to update my Elvira today and downloaded the zip file from Stern.

When I extracted the files I ended up with three .spk files:

Which of these file(s) am I too upload for Elvira premium?

Thanks!

#2098 4 years ago
Quoted from FYMF:

Went to update my Elvira today and downloaded the zip file from Stern.
When I extracted the files I ended up with three .spk files:
Which of these file(s) am I too upload for Elvira premium?
Thanks!

Transfer all three to the USB stick.

#2099 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Thank you!

#2100 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

And make sure nothing else is on the drive except those three files.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

11,855 (OBO)
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

14,000 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/42?hl=nexfx and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.