20240302_141221 (resized).jpg
20240305_103850 (resized).jpg
ehoh trailer (resized).png
20240219_182627 (resized).jpg
20240304_084812 (resized).jpg
Pinside_forum_5331530_0 (resized).jpg
IMG_7157 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 17,982 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 360.
#2001 4 years ago

Well, chit.

#2002 4 years ago

Loving the constant updates on my first Lyman game.

#2003 4 years ago

really hope the attract mode turns into something like Jurassic Park where you get trails of lights instead of this blinking Attract style. I'm going to have to keep it off cause I feel like I'm having a seizure every time I walk by it.

#2004 4 years ago

Don’t count on it. Lyman is fantastic at coding. Light shows or sequence is not his strong suit. You need Scott or Tim for epic attraction or game lights. Although, the lights on the house are superb.

#2005 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Have you tried slap saving the dogshit out of it?

Yes sir! I'm actually getting pretty good at those, mainly with the right hand but getting there. The outlanes, not so much control.

Something else that I forgot to mention was the shot into the garage (Wild Women) which will often brick or not go around the corner. This is after the drop target is hit and is down so not due to or because of the drop target.

#2006 4 years ago

Nice that the Back door callouts are back and Stern made it clear an Adult mode is coming, though reading between the lines those won’t be part of Adult mode.

#2007 4 years ago
Quoted from m00nmuppet:

New code!!
V0.91.0 - Feb. 11, 2020
=======================
- Added more blinking lights to the attract mode.
- Removed vulgar swearing from the deadhead speech. These will be added
back in the next release with a setting to disable/bleep them out.
- Lowered the priority for POOL PARTY so the background would not be higher
than most of the rest of the non-multiball game features.
- Added color to the TOP LANES alligator text (yellow, to match the color
of the TOP LANES inserts).
- Added additional inner tube colors (yellow/green/lime, red/green/orange)
to the alligator animation for completing the TOP LANES.
- Reworked the display effect (alligator animation) for completing the
TOP LANES such that it could run in parallel with other foreground
effects.
- Disabled the Haunt-O-Meter for the SANTA CLAUS haunt due to it causing
the game to reset. The Haunt-O-Meter will be re-enabled in a future
release once the fix for it is tested some more.
- Fixed an issue with initializing the "SCREAM" shot for scream test.
Occasionally, the shot that was picked would not be one of the shots that
was available. When this happened and the 4 jackpot shots were collected,
none of the jackpot shots would re-light. This has been corrected.
- The FREAK FRYER light for POOL PARTY, DANCE FEVER, MAKE-OUT MAYHEM,
SCREAM TEST, and RUN FOR YOUR LIFE now blinks when the mode is running.
- Reworked the GAPPA ANGRY start lamp effect to only show the shots and
levels that remain (i.e. if the mode is started a second time with saved
progress, the levels that had already been achieved will not be shown
in the lamp effect).
- The TRUNK, the HOUSE RAMP DIVERTER, and the CRYPT are now open during
MAKE-OUT MAYHEM.
- Reworked the ball locking logic for GAPPA ANGRY. The mode now keeps
track of the physical locks and does its best to not unlock balls that
were not physically locked during the mode.
- Tilting during GAPPA ANGRY with balls locked (who would do this?!) now
only unlocks the balls that were physically locked during the mode, as
opposed to releasing all of the locked balls from all of the devices.
(For example, if there were already two balls locked in the garage at
the start of GAPPA ANGRY and the player made it past the second stage,
do not release a ball from the garage lock when tilted.)
- Replaced the BACK DOOR skill shot speech.
- Fixed an issue with the third HAND OF FATE wheel where the awards
would not be marked correctly for removal from the wheel when they
were selected.

Really nice hotfix for the previous version.

I like the alligator animation a lot, I have to test this refined version. It's a great idea to include and animate Greg's artworks from the playfield on the LCD. Moreover it's not too intrusive with the others contents. I think that a little alligator cry sound could be a fun touch for this animation. Some other characters/parts could have the same transposition on screen, I would be happy.

#2008 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Really nice hotfix for the previous version.
I like the alligator animation a lot, I have to test this refined version. It's a great idea to include and animate Greg's artworks from the playfield on the LCD. Moreover it's not too intrusive with the others contents. I think that a little alligator cry sound could be a fun touch for this animation. Some other characters/parts could have the same transposition on screen, I would be happy.

What? Like colorful, splashing inner tubes that represent pop bumper hits?

#2009 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

What? Like colorful, splashing inner tubes that represent pop bumper hits?

No, they were too...omnipresent

There are so much great characters on the backglass that could do small animated intrusions on the screen (the manster, torgo, eegah, gappa...).

#2010 4 years ago

Where is Eegah featured in the game? Feel like I haven't seen it at all yet.

#2011 4 years ago
Quoted from moonduckie78:

Where is Eegah featured in the game? Feel like I haven't seen it at all yet.

It's only in the settings for now, you can see the HSTD for eegah.

#2012 4 years ago

Powdercoated my coin door to match. Mind the shooter it’s a shade too light. I had to use a test piece as a baseline up get my mix right. Hit me up if you’d like it done. I only have one spare coin door so it’s one at a time or send me yours

12CC1BA5-18DB-4A0E-BD02-BD8FD0458BC7 (resized).jpeg12CC1BA5-18DB-4A0E-BD02-BD8FD0458BC7 (resized).jpeg258E7444-787F-4530-8162-1D20A03ED7DB (resized).jpeg258E7444-787F-4530-8162-1D20A03ED7DB (resized).jpeg99CB1125-DC93-4878-BAFC-211A88FFE14B (resized).jpeg99CB1125-DC93-4878-BAFC-211A88FFE14B (resized).jpegAA8FD0E0-514B-4DB8-AAB0-8F4E159EDAFB (resized).jpegAA8FD0E0-514B-4DB8-AAB0-8F4E159EDAFB (resized).jpegB33F81E4-1FD0-4A24-B711-A0D79697F3FA (resized).jpegB33F81E4-1FD0-4A24-B711-A0D79697F3FA (resized).jpegB58825F9-877E-44FF-8251-54ECC3AA800E (resized).jpegB58825F9-877E-44FF-8251-54ECC3AA800E (resized).jpegE75729E4-26E7-4D19-9718-632DB761428F (resized).jpegE75729E4-26E7-4D19-9718-632DB761428F (resized).jpegFA82B88B-DC74-40DD-901E-EB1C239AAA84 (resized).jpegFA82B88B-DC74-40DD-901E-EB1C239AAA84 (resized).jpeg
#2013 4 years ago

If Stern decides to do a topper for this pin what would be some cool ideas? If someone has info to share it would be scary cool.

#2014 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

If Stern decides to do a topper for this pin what would be some cool ideas? If someone has info to share it would be scary cool.

It has been shared already. Kinda lame after recent offerings.

#2015 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

Stern have provided a teaser. Dennis Nordman also posted one but it was removed very quickly. I did not get a copy before it was taken down. Much better than the Stern one.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/24#post-5346450

#2016 4 years ago

You're all talking toppers. And I just will echo what some people already said. The stern one is a big bummer and let down.
I'm working on making my first custom topper ever right now for my Sinbad machine. If that turns out good(hell if it even just gets completed). I'll probably start the process of working on and making a topper for all my other games.

I'll use the same artist who I worked with for my custom rule card. Some people hated the wink. That's fine. I got a version without a wink. In case I decide to stop abusing her...

But, I think she did a great job on the art. And I know she'll be able to make a great topper for me. I got 2 good ideas currently for a topper.
One involves her on the couch. But, with the LE side art. Don't know if I want to do that. Or if I rather just do the other idea. Which the expression is a bit too similar to the backglass and upper cab art. We'll see...

I also have an idea for a topper for scared stiff... Which I don't own. And to be clear. These toppers I am making are solely for me. I do not want anyone to think I will be trying to profit illegally. But, I will share the process of the creation. As I know a lot of people have fun seeing those kinds of things.
Will be a few months before I start on Elvira though.

I want to see what other deadheads they come out with. As that might effect the topper.

#2017 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

Powdercoated my coin door to match. Mind the shooter it’s a shade too light. I had to use a test piece as a baseline up get my mix right. Hit me up if you’d like it done. I only have one spare coin door so it’s one at a time or send me yours[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks fantastic!

#2018 4 years ago

Got my first GC of 174 mil......yusss I can finally say I've done something.

#2019 4 years ago

I also had my spring on the main ramp motor link come off as well as the screw, washer, and plastic extended washer disappear into the cabinet. Hunted everything down and figured I’d post here if anyone else had a similar prob.

19D581E1-0059-4046-A9C2-23AE8BFC510D (resized).jpeg19D581E1-0059-4046-A9C2-23AE8BFC510D (resized).jpeg29E62D3B-C11F-4EF3-996F-7E391A2D6FAE (resized).jpeg29E62D3B-C11F-4EF3-996F-7E391A2D6FAE (resized).jpeg50DCD80C-5616-41A6-B4AC-61088002566F (resized).jpeg50DCD80C-5616-41A6-B4AC-61088002566F (resized).jpeg754656C8-3576-4E45-A66E-95486FBE552B (resized).jpeg754656C8-3576-4E45-A66E-95486FBE552B (resized).jpeg
#2020 4 years ago

Okay... So I just contacted Stern and I am getting my lane guide kit from them!!!
Was really quick and painless. I think mainly because I contacted them prior about the damaged plastic for the side of the house.
So I reminded them, I was in the system... But, I also politely told them, I could regather and resend any info they needed.

But, nope... Lucky for me... They went ahead and processed it. Happy day!!!!!!!!!!

The next bummer is for me to take it all apart, and put it in... Be a fun learning experience... But, I just hope I don't break anything.

#2021 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

The next bummer is for me to take it all apart, and put it in... Be a fun learning experience... But, I just hope I don't break anything.

It's actually pretty easy.

#2022 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Agreed. As long as you have a decently long magnetic nut driver you should have no problems.

#2023 4 years ago
Quoted from fattrain:

Agreed. As long as you have a decently long magnetic nut driver you should have no problems.

YES! I had to go buy a long magnetic screwdriver to attach the house to the playfield.

A little shameless self-promotion here. My video might help.

#2024 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Quoted from fattrain:

Only a 1 hour video... Really easy to me...

And no I don't have any mag nut drivers... But, I do have a magnetizer at my work... Well, my co-worker has one... Which I can borrow. Been meaning too... As I wanted my screwdrivers to be magnetized. And it takes 5 seconds to do so.

#2025 4 years ago

Get a regular one sticky with a little masking tape on off on off till it is tacky enough to grab it #lifehacks

#2026 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Only a 1 hour video... Really easy to me...
And no I don't have any mag nut drivers... But, I do have a magnetizer at my work... Well, my co-worker has one... Which I can borrow. Been meaning too... As I wanted my screwdrivers to be magnetized. And it takes 5 seconds to do so.

You have to remember I did this live with practically no instructions as all I received were steps 3 and 4. I had some in chat to help me out. Had I had instructions, it would've taken me 20 minutes tops.

#2027 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

YES! I had to go buy a long magnetic screwdriver to attach the house to the playfield.
A little shameless self-promotion here. My video might help.

Are these replacement brackets for all Elviras or did some of the Elviras already have the replacement brackets installed from factory,
cheers

#2028 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

You have to remember I did this live with practically no instructions as all I received were steps 3 and 4. I had some in chat to help me out. Had I had instructions, it would've taken me 20 minutes tops.

Well, I hope I get the instructions... And I am super slow and just rubbish at this kind of stuff(its pathetic as my 9-5 is a computer tech, but I do that type of stuff all the time, and its different... Mainly its not my stuff).

So I think I'll watch that video. Get a feel for how its done. And hopefully the part won't take too long to get to me. I should have it next week. As the shipping doesn't take too long to get to me. I am only a county away.

#2029 4 years ago
Quoted from MANTO1975:

Are these replacement brackets for all Elviras or did some of the Elviras already have the replacement brackets installed from factory,
cheers

I'm thinking most of the LE's did not have it. My model number close to 200. So... Around half if not more of the LE's didn't...
And that really is why LE's should be later in the run. Get the kinks worked out first...

Or rather. And this isn't Stern bashing... But, perhaps... Sort out the game and test it, and make sure at least the skill shot works. Really silly when they had the game in production so long. I always believe. Get your ducks in a row and then proceed. And this game shouldn't have ever been rushed. But, I have the feeling they sat on it, and sat on it. Then they were like... Crap we need to release it now, and this is our best window otherwise we'll have to wait another year. And so they rushed it out, instead of properly planning it.

I like Stern. I LOVE this game. But, I don't like a lot of their practices and their ideas for the future of pinball. But, I won't open that can of worms. This is a positive thread, about an amazing game and theme!

#2030 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I'm thinking most of the LE's did not have it. My model number close to 200. So... Around half if not more of the LE's didn't...
And that really is why LE's should be later in the run. Get the kinks worked out first...
Or rather. And this isn't Stern bashing... But, perhaps... Sort out the game and test it, and make sure at least the skill shot works. Really silly when they had the game in production so long. I always believe. Get your ducks in a row and then proceed. And this game shouldn't have ever been rushed. But, I have the feeling they sat on it, and sat on it. Then they were like... Crap we need to release it now, and this is our best window otherwise we'll have to wait another year. And so they rushed it out, instead of properly planning it.
I like Stern. I LOVE this game. But, I don't like a lot of their practices and their ideas for the future of pinball. But, I won't open that can of worms. This is a positive thread, about an amazing game and theme!

Ok, great, thanks, mine is LE number 145.

#2031 4 years ago

Mine doesn't have it, and LE #69.

#2032 4 years ago

The LEs weren’t produced in numerical order. If you want to compare anything use the build dates.

#2033 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

We do not have the kit it on our LE and can still get the skill shot. If the game is set up right, it should not be too much of an issue.

#2034 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

We do not have the kit it on our LE and can still get the skill shot. If the game is set up right, it should not be too much of an issue.

I didn't set my game up. I had my distributor set it up for me, and he did and does a very good job. I will say. Should I check my game again due to my floor being carpet... Sure... Last time I checked it, it was level.

But, I did kind of shift it, so that i can get in and out of my doorway a bit better...
Regardless I had have some shots that no doubt with the lane guide kit would have been a skill shot.

Some people have compared this game to funhouse... Well... In two games of funhouse at Galloping Ghost I got 3 skill shots on Rudy. A skill shot should be challenging, but not impossible. This to me so far has been impossible.

I haven't gotten it. And my game otherwise seems to be setup very well... And I know I couldn't do a better job than the person who set it up for me.

#2035 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I didn't set my game up. I had my distributor set it up for me, and he did and does a very good job. I will say. Should I check my game again due to my floor being carpet... Sure... Last time I checked it, it was level.
But, I did kind of shift it, so that i can get in and out of my doorway a bit better...
Regardless I had have some shots that no doubt with the lane guide kit would have been a skill shot.
Some people have compared this game to funhouse... Well... In two games of funhouse at Galloping Ghost I got 3 skill shots on Rudy. A skill shot should be challenging, but not impossible. This to me so far has been impossible.
I haven't gotten it. And my game otherwise seems to be setup very well... And I know I couldn't do a better job than the person who set it up for me.

Yes I can see why Stern made the kit. Making the skill shot a little bit easier is definitely a lot more fun. As long as you are having fun that is that main thing.

#2036 4 years ago

Has anyone figured out what month Stern started putting the backdoor kit in?

#2037 4 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

I would like to know this info as well.
Haven’t had any issues on premium yet.

#2038 4 years ago
Quoted from marioparty34:

Quoted from Vino:

I'm pretty sure we've determined it is limited to the earlier LEs. SEs and Premiums, and even some late LEs, should have had the updated guides installed at the factory.

#2039 4 years ago

I have le #314 and i have never made a skill shot. Just got the kit. Horrible instructions. This is proof that Stern does not test play machines. It’s unbelievable they leave it up to the buyer to figure this all out. Another 30 minutes wasted not playing pin and fixing machines. Sucks! Not happy but that’s pinball!

#2040 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I'm pretty sure we've determined it is limited to the earlier LEs. SEs and Premiums, and even some late LEs, should have had the updated guides installed at the factory.

Mine has been built on 10/14/2019 and didn't have the updated guides. Perhaps late October machines have them.

#2041 4 years ago

Does anyone have pics that show the difference between the original and updated guides?

#2042 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Does anyone have pics that show the difference between the original and updated guides?

Legend has it if the moon is full and the wind is just right you can still see these photos on page 37.

#2043 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Legend has it if the moon is full and the wind is just right you can still see these photos on page 37.

Or look in the photo gallery for this thread, which has the pictures that have been uploaded. Start from last page.

#2044 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/37#post-5454514

#2045 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

My premium is fine as well, I hit the skill shot all the time. I think if your hitting it your game is fine. Man after this latest code update I can’t stop playing this thing!!!!!

#2046 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Quoted from Sethman:

Or look in the photo gallery for this thread, which has the pictures that have been uploaded. Start from last page.

Thanks very much for your help, appreciate it!

#2047 4 years ago

Did any one else see the Stern doped new side armor for our Elviras today!!!
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/elvira-side-armor

#2048 4 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

Did any one else see the Stern doped new side armor for our Elviras today!!!
https://shop.sternpinball.com/collections/accessories/products/elvira-side-armor

Great :

Elvira-Printed_Armor_021320_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).pngElvira-Printed_Armor_021320_1070x1070_crop_center (resized).png
#2049 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Great :[quoted image]

Very nice. I’m generally an LE buyer, but the one thing that always gets me is when the aftermarket armour is better than the armour that was supplied on the LE.

#2050 4 years ago

I like the new side armor. Does anyone know what the finish is like? Is it smooth or rough like on stock rails/lock down bar ect... I really prefer the look and feel of the powder coated stuff or orinigal stainless.
Anyone have any ideas how to match a lock bar with these rails?
I was just getting ready to place an order with Robert for all Elvira LE red stuff (I have a premium).
Game is awesome and looking to doll it up. Thanks

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs
Plastics
$ 24.75
Flipper Parts
Precision Pinball prod.
Flipper parts
$ 19.95
Electronics
Lermods
Electronics
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Incline Village, NV
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Machine - For Sale
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PR Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
$ 9.00
Cabinet - Other
Mooshue's Market
Other
$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations
Interactive
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
11,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Fredericksburg, VA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods
Sound/Speakers
$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects
Sound/Speakers
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
Cabinet - Other
Inclusive GameWerks
Other
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 15.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 24.99
Playfield - Plastics
Pinhead mods
Plastics
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk
Other
There are 17,982 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 360.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/41?hl=moonduckie78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.