IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 362.
#1951 4 years ago

I just had a good game going when the game rebooted itself . I believe I just made it to gappa angry while I was playing the 7th haunt(Santa Clause) and the flippers went dead and the screen was frozen for a second or so and then it just rebooted itself...might be a bug from new code.

#1952 4 years ago

Gappa Angry mode is a masterpiece. I was hoping that Lyman would code something close to Horde mode in Walking Dead, and this might be it! So much fun shooting the shots and then locking a ball, in all different spots around the play field.

I only made it to Make Out Mayhem, but even that was amazing. I loved how it was showing pictures of people making out from all the various crappy movies. It distracted me so much that I ended up losing the multiball!

So awesome.

#1953 4 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

Gappa Angry mode is a masterpiece. I was hoping that Lyman would code something close to Horde mode in Walking Dead, and this might be it! So much fun shooting the shots and then locking a ball, in all different spots around the play field.
I only made it to Make Out Mayhem, but even that was amazing. I loved how it was showing pictures of people making out from all the various crappy movies. It distracted me so much that I ended up losing the multiball!
So awesome.

Wow sounds amazing. Would love to see it.

#1954 4 years ago

Here is page 5 and 6. Anyone have the remaining pages. Seven has been posted earlier.
New Doc 2020-02-08 14.11.42 (resized).jpgNew Doc 2020-02-08 14.11.42 (resized).jpgNew Doc 2020-02-08 14.11.42_2 (resized).jpgNew Doc 2020-02-08 14.11.42_2 (resized).jpg

#1955 4 years ago

Since the update I've been having a lot of problems with balls not being held in the house when starting modes like Lermods and others. I don't recall seeing any changes in the notes but something is definitely up unless it's a weird coincidence with all of us.

#1956 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Since the update I've been having a lot of problems with balls not being held in the house when starting modes like lermods and others. I don't recall seeing any changes in the notes but something is definitely up unless it's a weird coincidence with all of us.

We have not played many games yet however ours seems to be ok

#1957 4 years ago

Did update everything works fine for me got to kappa angry and was really cool to see what Lyman did with this updated the way Elvira is getting polish it’s going to be a keeper for many I did get upset no backdoor speech booooooo stern fix it.
One thing I did notice for some reason the game did feel a bit more difficult more shots or maybe I’m just rusty haaaaaa

#1958 4 years ago

I'm enjoying the right loop shot that's coming all the way around back to the flippers now too, instead of hitting the gate up top and going into the pops.

Another thing I've noticed is that some of the modes have priority shots now. So while you might have 4 lit shots, one of them is coloured slightly different. I'm not sure what that does (more points?), but it's a cool addition.

So much going into this game, and there's still so much to go. This is going to be one hell of a ride!

#1959 4 years ago

I finished Gappa Angry mode today. I won't spoil it for anyone, but let's just say there's a really awesome throwback to Scared Stiff when you do it. Really awesome!

#1960 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Since the update I've been having a lot of problems with balls not being held in the house when starting modes like lermods and others. I don't recall seeing any changes in the notes but something is definitely up unless it's a weird coincidence with all of us.

I only had ramp rejects when I first started the game after updating the code, haven’t had any since. Someone shared a possible fix with me. ADJ. -> GAME -> #188: HOUSE DIVERTER MOTOR UP SW. LAG Lower to 250, if still getting rejects, 125 keep lowering until fixed.

#1961 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

Here is page 5 and 6. Anyone have the remaining pages. Seven has been posted earlier.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thanks, here is a proper shot of page 7:

img007 (resized).jpgimg007 (resized).jpg
#1962 4 years ago

When raising the plafield I noticed a loose spring. Any thoughts where to attach it ?

Screenshot_20200209-155608 (resized).pngScreenshot_20200209-155608 (resized).png
#1963 4 years ago
Quoted from Roon:

When raising the plafield I noticed a loose spring. Any thoughts where to attach it ?[quoted image]

It seems to be the spring of the house ramp. It should be attached to the side of the guide:

20200209_184220 (resized).jpg20200209_184220 (resized).jpg
#1964 4 years ago

Who at stern are people contacting to get the missing ball guide, ramp spacer, and correctly cut house plastic? Thought a contact name was somewhere in this thread but hell if I can find it.

#1965 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Who at stern are people contacting to get the missing ball guide, ramp spacer, and correctly cut house plastic? Thought a contact name was somewhere in this thread but hell if I can find it.

Call 1-800-KICKERS and the support team will take care of you. Much more efficient if you aren’t responding to an email about an existing problem.

#1966 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I just contacted Stern via their website, and Pablo was the one that emailed me back.

#1967 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I just had a good game going when the game rebooted itself . I believe I just made it to gappa angry while I was playing the 7th haunt(Santa Clause) and the flippers went dead and the screen was frozen for a second or so and then it just rebooted itself...might be a bug from new code.

I just had it reboot on me. I was starting my second tour of the house and was in SCCTM when it happened. I didn't play SCCTM the first time through. Did you submit a bug report? I think it has something to do with the Haunt-O-Meter: they did something with it in this update. I was having a good game, too. Close to beating my previous high.

I was able to complete the Hand of Fate wheel during this game, however, you have to collect the jackpot on the left outlane. Naturally, I drained down the middle.

Quoted from Mar:

Another thing I've noticed is that some of the modes have priority shots now. So while you might have 4 lit shots, one of them is coloured slightly different. I'm not sure what that does (more points?), but it's a cool addition.

I know this is mentioned in the release notes, but I don't wanna look right now.
There are two things I've noticed about this:
During TBTWD, the new first stage, Find a Body, there are three (two?) pink/white shots lit and one white shot lit. The white shot is the body you're looking for. Hitting it will advance to the next stage.

During TWoW, two shots are dark blue/white and three shots are light blue/white (after hitting the orbit to transform). The light blue shots are the combo shots that will keep those shots alive (both ramps and the house). The dark blue shots (crypt and garage) are the shots that will end the combos and relight the orbits. (Checked: in the notes)

During MTHoF, the dark red shot is the Debbie shot per the notes. I guess when they're looking for Debbie, that's the shot you need. ????

Quoted from Syco54645:

Stern website > Support > Contact Us > Subject = PARTS Include your name, address, serial number and your request for the Elvira repair kit.

This is too long. I'm starting another post.

#1968 4 years ago

So, someone posted on FB a 7+BILLION score.

Before my game crashed tonight, I was close to 600mil. How the heck do you get to the billions? Anyone have an idea? Anyone done it?

#1969 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Call 1-800-KICKERS and the support team will take care of you. Much more efficient if you aren’t responding to an email about an existing problem.

Thanks!

#1970 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I just had it reboot on me. I was starting my second tour of the house and was in SCCTM when it happened. I didn't play SCCTM the first time through. Did you submit a bug report? I think it has something to do with the Haunt-O-Meter: they did something with it in this update. I was having a good game, too. Close to beating my previous high.
I was able to complete the Hand of Fate wheel during this game, however, you have to collect the jackpot on the left outlane. Naturally, I drained down the middle.

I know this is mentioned in the release notes, but I don't wanna look right now.
There are two things I've noticed about this:
During TBTWD, the new first stage, Find a Body, there are three (two?) pink/white shots lit and one white shot lit. The white shot is the body you're looking for. Hitting it will advance to the next stage.
During TWoW, two shots are dark blue/white and three shots are light blue/white (after hitting the orbit to transform). The light blue shots are the combo shots that will keep those shots alive (both ramps and the house). The dark blue shots (crypt and garage) are the shots that will end the combos and relight the orbits. (Checked: in the notes)
During MTHoF, the dark red shot is the Debbie shot per the notes. I guess when they're looking for Debbie, that's the shot you need. ????

Stern website > Support > Contact Us > Subject = PARTS Include your name, address, serial number and your request for the Elvira repair kit.
This is too long. I'm starting another post.

Thanks for the info...

And I didn't get or understand really at first that the orbit shots were to transform you into the werewolf. That is very clever. As we all know that Lyman did the code for MB and the orbits were the wolfman shots.
And I didn't realize that why the orbits relight was because you missed your combos. Another interesting thing to know.
I'll pay more attention.

I knew about the debbie shot for Manos. And I knew there was a similar shot in BTWD. But, honestly I was having too much fun hitting the other shots to see what would happen and what clips would play.

This game has a cheeky sense of humor and it can be a real treat to see all the silly little bits thrown into it.

#1971 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Before my game crashed tonight, I was close to 600mil. How the heck do you get to the billions? Anyone have an idea? Anyone done it?

The only thing I have seen close to this is when a local bar had an issue with a ramp opto and it kept racking up huge points in unhappy hour. Otherwise I am with you, it seems impossible or you would be playing for 2-3 hours.

#1972 4 years ago
Quoted from Aniraf:

The only thing I have seen close to this is when a local bar had an issue with a ramp opto and it kept racking up huge points in unhappy hour. Otherwise I am with you, it seems impossible or you would be playing for 2-3 hours.

I had totally forgotten about the ramp opto thing! I bet this guy is being funny! LOL

#1973 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

That could be my game on location. It’s a bullshit score due to failing optos that work or don’t work intermittently. I had contacted tech support in November. It’s not that easy to test. Not that they helped with testing, that’s the owners problem. Most tests pass. But a score like that is likely optos imo. The opto eventually gave up in early January. No part(s) yet. Can’t buy it anywhere else. Game was announced on social media by its host and out of order in 2 weeks onsite. I’m getting tons of shit about it.

I’m Now concerned about :
-the rebooting issue Mentioned above
-The never working skill shot.
-crate not registering or releasing balls during search

My first and probably last Stern. I had Thought $10k would have bought better resolves to the issues I’ve been having. At least having parts in stock.

Sorry to take a shit in this thread, I’m done. I do like the game.

#1974 4 years ago
Quoted from SmallyBells:

That could be my game on location. It’s a bullshit score due to failing optos that work or don’t work intermittently. I had contacted tech support in November. It’s not that easy to test. Not that they helped with testing, that’s the owners problem. Most tests pass. But a score like that is likely optos imo. The opto eventually gave up in early January. No part(s) yet. Can’t buy it anywhere else. Game was announced on social media by its host and out of order in 2 weeks onsite. I’m getting tons of shit about it.
I’m Now concerned about :
-the rebooting issue Mentioned above
-The never working skill shot.
-crate not registering or releasing balls during search
My first and probably last Stern. I had Thought $10k would have bought better resolves to the issues I’ve been having. At least having parts in stock.
Sorry to take a shit in this thread, I’m done. I do like the game.

Get the Skill Shot fix (replacement guide) from Stern. Any code reboot issue will be fixed by Stern, for sure.

#1975 4 years ago

If you're unable to troubleshoot / test switches and order replacement parts on your own there isn't a manufacturer out there that will make you happy. Find a good distributor or technician in your area that can service your location.

#1976 4 years ago

Hi,

does anyody has an issue with the ball saver after launching a ball?

Sometimes after I have launched a new ball the ball saver triggers an auto launch of a second ball.
Animation shows 'Ball Saved'. The first ball is still in play and has not drained during the ball saver time.

Just want to know if that is a problem of software or a problem of the ball trough?
thanks
Stefan

#1977 4 years ago
Quoted from grabul:

Hi,
does anyody has an issue with the ball saver after launching a ball?
Sometimes after I have launched a new ball the ball saver triggers an auto launch of a second ball.
Animation shows 'Ball Saved'. The first ball is still in play and has not drained during the ball saver time.
Just want to know if that is a problem of software or a problem of the ball trough?
thanks
Stefan

Sounds like a trough issue. The game is thinking the ball drained. I would start by checking the optos in diagnostics.

#1978 4 years ago

Pull out the receiver connector in the balltrough and put it back.

#1979 4 years ago

Btw for guys that are missing the instructions for the back door skill shot, I got my parts on Saturday and was only given one page as well so I emailed Stern support. This morning they sent me the full instructions so I'll post them here. Their support has always been very prompt for me so rather than ask here sometimes it's just quicker to ask Stern directly, they typically get back to me in a day.

1 (resized).png1 (resized).png2 (resized).png2 (resized).png3 (resized).png3 (resized).png4 (resized).png4 (resized).png5 (resized).png5 (resized).png6 (resized).png6 (resized).png7 (resized).png7 (resized).png
#1980 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

If you're unable to troubleshoot / test switches and order replacement parts on your own there isn't a manufacturer out there that will make you happy. Find a good distributor or technician in your area that can service your location.

I can’t help but take exception to your post. I understand you don’t know if I’m capable or not, and that you don’t intend to be anything but helpful. I accept that you didn’t know that I did consult another more experienced tech on this, as well as Stern Tech support.

I take exception to your comment because I shouldn’t have to do any of that on a new game. There should be support, and a warranty. I was told it could be a wire harness, or a opto. It apparently falls on the buyer to figure out the issues from Stern. A myriad of tests that consumed our day all came back functional. The part has intermittent failure issues. I enjoy tinkering and repair work, but I shouldn’t have to be bothered on a new in box game to this extent.

#1981 4 years ago

Normally the distributor should take care of it. Here it is like that, very good service! I agree when you buy a NIB that all is ok.

#1982 4 years ago
Quoted from SmallyBells:

There should be support, and a warranty.

I buy locally from Orange County Pinballs, they deliver and setup the game, make any tweaks on site that are necessary and provide support in case issues arise. So for example they came by after the fact to install the missing washer on my ramp once I found that was a problem, and they will be coming back again to install the back door skill shot parts and replacement side house panel. That's one of the reasons I buy local is because you get full support, and also because I prefer to support local businesses any chance I can.

#1983 4 years ago

We understand the issue now. There are no parts available at this time. My point is, there should have been parts 4 weeks ago.

But, no one else besides Hilton has mentioned anything here that sounds similar, so maybe I just got a ‘fluke’. All The obscene high scores and stuck balls in areas where optos are are involved during gameplay sound suspect. I’m posting only to see if this has afflicted anyone else? If so, I may need to consider concluding this title.

I’m really not coming across they way I’d like too in this thread. Part of the reason I never post. I feel like a Asshole even bringing it up. I’ll say it again, I really do like the game. My apologies if I took anything off topic here.

#1984 4 years ago

I have to agree with Smally. Its an unusual hobby where people (including me) will commit to buying a machine, costing as much as a used car, without ever actually seeing it.

And where the object of the hobby is as large as a couch, again, costs as much as a used car, is constantly in need of repair or service, and has virtually no warranty.

Oh well. I'll keep buying them along with everyone else.

#1985 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

did I miss a service bulletin?

#1986 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

There was no service bulletin. Just word of mouth in this thread.

#1987 4 years ago
Quoted from Mar:

I finished Gappa Angry mode today. I won't spoil it for anyone, but let's just say there's a really awesome throwback to Scared Stiff when you do it. Really awesome!

Just did it!

HOLY F!@#ING CRAP! IS THAT AWESOME, OR WHAT!?!?! (I hope they'll add something more exciting to the graphics, though.)

#1988 4 years ago
Quoted from hocuslocus:

Stern hasn’t done service bulletins in a very long time.
You would think they could send out an email blast to known owners when there are known issues, but they don’t.

#1989 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Stern hasn’t done service bulletins in a very long time.
You would think they could send out an email blast to known owners when there are known issues, but they don’t.

They're rare, but they put out a service bulletin on 01/03/20: Guided Setup Mode. The last one before that was 05/01/18.

#1990 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Is there a post being updated with known issues? It seems like I am experiencing two of these to start.

As a side question, is there much that we can do about the SDTM dribble out of the pop bumpers right in front of the house? If it is slow to roll out, SDTM! I also notice that as the ball comes around and down the left orbit, if it is slower it bounces off of the lower post for the trunk lane kickout. It doesn't appear that I can move out the ball guide from the left orbit to compensate. Frustrating.

#1991 4 years ago

Have you tried slap saving the dogshit out of it?

#1992 4 years ago

So I am loving all the new updates with the new code...But I am a little sad that some of the more adult comments where removed. Is there a way to enable a Adult mode? I looked around in the game adjustment menu and cant seam to find one.

#1993 4 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

So I am loving all the new updates with the new code...But I am a little sad that some of the more adult comments where removed. Is there a way to enable a Adult mode? I looked around in the game adjustment menu and cant seam to find one.

The only thing that we've noticed is the back door call outs missing, which will be added back with the next update.

#1994 4 years ago

Sgt. Jar head still says the F word which is one of the more laugh out loud call outs in the game, probably just because it is unexpected.

#1995 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Sgt. Jar head still says the F word which is one of the more laugh out loud call outs in the game, probably just because it is unexpected.

I swear I heard the new fish man dead head drop an F bomb while I was playing last night.

#1996 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

Yeah, not trying to be a prude but I am thinking there should be a way to turn that off...Scared Stiff had an adult mode but there wasn't any cussing, just adult innuendo which is quite humorous. My 3 year old granddaughter likes to play my machines and don't think she needs to hear that...I would imagine there are other owners in a similar situation.

#1997 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Yeah, not trying to be a prude but I am thinking there should be a way to turn that off...Scared Stiff had an adult mode but there wasn't any cussing, just adult innuendo which is quite humorous. My 3 year old granddaughter likes to play my machines and don't think she needs to hear that...I would imagine there are other owners in a similar situation.

It’ll come I’m sure Lyman just does a lot of utility and quality of life stuff when the actual game rules are done. It’s a pretty rare call out, jar head does it too

#1998 4 years ago

Bar-baraa and I love the update.

46DAE842-7119-4BF0-9E10-27DDE7AD941D (resized).png46DAE842-7119-4BF0-9E10-27DDE7AD941D (resized).png
#1999 4 years ago
Quoted from FtrMech:

Email Stern and let them know. That is the best way. We have requested adult mode also. We have done it so we can have the swearing. In the code and it can be turned on and off. Gives people the option.

#2000 4 years ago

New code!!

V0.91.0 - Feb. 11, 2020
=======================

- Added more blinking lights to the attract mode.
- Removed vulgar swearing from the deadhead speech. These will be added
back in the next release with a setting to disable/bleep them out.
- Lowered the priority for POOL PARTY so the background would not be higher
than most of the rest of the non-multiball game features.
- Added color to the TOP LANES alligator text (yellow, to match the color
of the TOP LANES inserts).
- Added additional inner tube colors (yellow/green/lime, red/green/orange)
to the alligator animation for completing the TOP LANES.
- Reworked the display effect (alligator animation) for completing the
TOP LANES such that it could run in parallel with other foreground
effects.
- Disabled the Haunt-O-Meter for the SANTA CLAUS haunt due to it causing
the game to reset. The Haunt-O-Meter will be re-enabled in a future
release once the fix for it is tested some more.
- Fixed an issue with initializing the "SCREAM" shot for scream test.
Occasionally, the shot that was picked would not be one of the shots that
was available. When this happened and the 4 jackpot shots were collected,
none of the jackpot shots would re-light. This has been corrected.
- The FREAK FRYER light for POOL PARTY, DANCE FEVER, MAKE-OUT MAYHEM,
SCREAM TEST, and RUN FOR YOUR LIFE now blinks when the mode is running.
- Reworked the GAPPA ANGRY start lamp effect to only show the shots and
levels that remain (i.e. if the mode is started a second time with saved
progress, the levels that had already been achieved will not be shown
in the lamp effect).
- The TRUNK, the HOUSE RAMP DIVERTER, and the CRYPT are now open during
MAKE-OUT MAYHEM.
- Reworked the ball locking logic for GAPPA ANGRY. The mode now keeps
track of the physical locks and does its best to not unlock balls that
were not physically locked during the mode.
- Tilting during GAPPA ANGRY with balls locked (who would do this?!) now
only unlocks the balls that were physically locked during the mode, as
opposed to releasing all of the locked balls from all of the devices.
(For example, if there were already two balls locked in the garage at
the start of GAPPA ANGRY and the player made it past the second stage,
do not release a ball from the garage lock when tilted.)
- Replaced the BACK DOOR skill shot speech.
- Fixed an issue with the third HAND OF FATE wheel where the awards
would not be marked correctly for removal from the wheel when they
were selected.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

10,000 (Firm)
$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,086 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/40?hl=chalkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.