IMG_1855 (resized).jpeg
Playfield GI only titan no CLIP (resized).jpg
Playfield with CLIP GI only (resized).jpg
IMG_3575 (resized).jpeg
IMG_3572 (resized).jpeg
IMG_6179 (resized).jpeg
LS20240321000056.png

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,068 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 362.
#1901 4 years ago
Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Holy mother of... just installed and got to Gappa for the first time. The mode itself is a blast, so much fun going through all the levels... better than most wizard modes I’ve ever made it to and it’s not even the wizard mode!
It’s totally brilliant that you play through until you drain and then one of several completely different OTHER modes starts depending on how far you progress. Made it to stage 4 I think?
Everything feels way more polished... lights, choreography... felt great to go for deadheads knowing the ball would be saved if it shot into the left outlane.
Can somebody with a shaker chime in and let us know if it’s worth having now?
Great job Lyman, this is an absolutely wonderful update with some killer unexpected content!

I feel dumb but I still don’t understand what actually gets you to gappa angry. How do you start it

#1902 4 years ago
Quoted from Wheel_Jack:

Cool thanks. Who was the streamer that talked about it.

That was probably me.

Post 1848: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/37#post-5454514

#1903 4 years ago
Quoted from Robertstone0407:

I feel dumb but I still don’t understand what actually gets you to gappa angry. How do you start it

Switch hits. The Freak Fryer on the playfield shows what level you're on. The Freak Fryer on the UI shows you how far away from the next level you are. Once you fill up the Freak Fryer, you will know how to start Gappa Angry. Believe me, you won't miss it!

Tip: Whenever you start a multiball, let balls drain during the ball save period. This way balls will be launched into the pops for switch hits. This update lowered the number of hits required which is adjustable in the game settings.

#1904 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

The kit contains these two guides (picture courtesy SKWilson) replacing the two existing ones.
[quoted image]

That particular picture was from @mountzion. (Just want to give credit where credit is due.)

Quoted from Wheel_Jack:

Is this more than the one piece that was missing?

Nothing is missing. The two guides are altered from the original parts. One has a slight bend, the other is longer.

#1905 4 years ago

do we know when Stern started to make games with the changed guides in it?

Neil.

#1906 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

do we know when Stern started to make games with the changed guides in it?
Neil.

My Oct 22nd build date has the updated guides.

#1907 4 years ago

ah cool, so my November will have it! makes sense as I could hit the skill shot ok.

#1908 4 years ago

Updated code to .90

Did not hold high score as it did on previous updates, or various settings you may have put in for preferences, free play, lock down button start off, etc.

Back door skill shots no longer have audio comments to go with them. That was disappointing. Enjoyed the comments when you made the skill shot. Sorry those are gone...

#1909 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I definitely miss hearing the all the back door call outs. Hopefully just a code polish is needed and they didn’t cut them out completely.

No kidding. That was a big letdown with the calls missing now. Put them back Stern !

#1910 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Updated code to .90
Did not hold high score as it did on previous updates, or various settings you may have put in for preferences, free play, lock down button start off, etc.
Back door skill shots no longer have audio comments to go with them. That was disappointing. Enjoyed the comments when you made the skill shot. Sorry those are gone...

Email Stern about the back door comments and ask them to put them back in. In case they offended people we asked Stern to put them back in a adult mode.

#1911 4 years ago

I have issues where I now get rejects in the house ramp, seems as though the back diverter isn't rising like it used to.

Only happened a couple of times, not sure if hey made any changes to it, but I've never had rejects before like that. Anyone else experience this?

#1912 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

I have issues where I now get rejects in the house ramp, seems as though the back diverter isn't rising like it used to.
Only happened a couple of times, not sure if hey made any changes to it, but I've never had rejects before like that. Anyone else experience this?

I had this twice yesterday also. It was a solid shot and kicked back out.

#1913 4 years ago
Quoted from pinballaddicted:

Email Stern about the back door comments and ask them to put them back in. In case they offended people we asked Stern to put them back in a adult mode.

First I will say I love this theme and game. We buy games before code is complete. We are told be happy how it is, because you never know if it will progress. That being said - I was happy and enjoyed the game and then Stern takes features (back door skill shot call-outs) away?
I am disappointed..

Rant over...

#1914 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

I had this twice yesterday also. It was a solid shot and kicked back out.

That's exactly what happened to me, it was at the beginning of the game and didn't happen again.

#1915 4 years ago

on sound test in the menu I get nadda - anyone else?

#1916 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Quoted from Wildbill327:

I definitely miss hearing the all the back door call outs. Hopefully just a code polish is needed and they didn’t cut them out completely.

No kidding. That was a big letdown with the calls missing now. Put them back Stern !

Fully agreed. While I like the code updates, taking out a key feature at the same time is more than disappointing. Especially seeing as this feature was both funny and made the shot feel like you accomplished something. With no audio feedback, it has lessened the experience. The audio call-outs are a key reason I enjoy the Elvira series of pinballs. Please put the comments back Stern! (and add a 'family mode' if necessary - but don't diminish our experience!)

#1917 4 years ago

And while I'm at it, I'd like for a better light-show at the end of the game and while in attract mode. Please?!?

#1918 4 years ago
Quoted from KrustyBurger:

Fully agreed. While I like the code updates, taking out a key feature at the same time is more than disappointing. Especially seeing as this feature was both funny and made the shot feel like you accomplished something. With no audio feedback, it has lessened the experience. The audio call-outs are a key reason I enjoy the Elvira series of pinballs. Please put the comments back Stern! (and add a 'family mode' if necessary - but don't diminish our experience!)

Hey Hey!
KrustyKramer agrees with KrustyBurger 100%

#1919 4 years ago

I’d wager the missing call outs for backdoor skill shot is a bug and will get fixed.

#1920 4 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

I’d wager the missing call outs for backdoor skill shot is a bug and will get fixed.

Never underestimate Gary Stern's aversion to anything a really old man can even remotely consider obscene.

#1921 4 years ago

I emailed Stern about the missing call out and got this:

"Thank you for Noticing this. Our software department is aware of this and will be addressed on the next update code."

Fingers crossed!

#1922 4 years ago

The call outs will return. (^^^^It's being addressed in the next update.) The turret will be coded. The attract mode will be added. Phone-a-Fiend mini wizard will get added. I'm sure Lyman has a master plan on how the code is to progress. It'll be great.

#1923 4 years ago

Call outs need to return for sure. I hear one of the dead heads saying fuck

#1924 4 years ago

Just wanted to post that our crypt sign is back in stock, though supplies are limited. We have filled all orders and have 4 remaining. A new batch will be ready in about 10 days, they take a long time to make. Also wanted to share some pics showing the quality of this hand-painted sign and that it is solid and thick. Attention has been paid to detail and there is even a small indentation at the bottom of the right leg to account for the screw on the plastic.

https://lermods.com/shop?olsPage=products%2Felviras-house-of-horrors-pinball-crypt-sign

IMG_20200207_160026 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_160026 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_160038 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_160038 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_160210 (resized).jpgIMG_20200207_160210 (resized).jpg

#1925 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The call outs will return. (^^^^It's being addressed in the next update.) The turret will be coded. The attract mode will be added. Phone-a-Fiend mini wizard will get added. I'm sure Lyman has a master plan on how the code is to progress. It'll be great.

I kind of figured that the backdoor callouts were missing because of the massive update...this game is really starting to play as good as it looks. I have a JP premium and the two compliment each other perfectly IMHO.

5C8A452D-E936-4BDA-9A89-741C1EB3F852.gif5C8A452D-E936-4BDA-9A89-741C1EB3F852.gif
#1926 4 years ago

Need help loading the new code.
Loaded the code on a new USB stick. Everything seems to work fine that far. Plugged the stick into the game and no auto loading . The game just boots up like normal. What am I missing?

#1927 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

Need help loading the new code.
Loaded the code on a new USB stick. Everything seems to work fine that far. Plugged the stick into the game and no auto loading . The game just boots up like normal. What am I missing?

Did you unzip the downloaded file onto the USB drive so its only a few files?

#1928 4 years ago

I wouldn't know about any fun callouts for the skill shot. Never made it... And skill shots is one area in pinball where I like to think I actually am better than average at.
I know I gotta look at my game and see if I'm missing those brackets.

Think I'm going to download the code now. And have some fun with a sexy mistress later tonight.

#1929 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Did you unzip the downloaded file onto the USB drive so its only a few files?

it auto does it. Opened the file folder and only 3 files

#1930 4 years ago
Quoted from sulli10:

it auto does it. Opened the file folder and only 3 files

Files only in root of USB

The code release is in ZIP format.
The code download will need to be unzipped before installing on a USB stick.

Update instructions:
Download the zip file.
Unzip the file; this will create a folder that contains file(s).
Open the folder, copy the file(s) to the root level of a USB stick.(Do not copy the folder.)
Power the game off.
Insert the USB stick.
Turn the game on.
After the game boots up, there will be an option for software update.
The volume buttons change options for full or quick update. The enter button selects the option and starts the update.
Once the update is completed, turn the game off and remove the USB stick.
Turn the game on and the game will be running the new code.

#1931 4 years ago

I'm gonna go live here in a few minutes. Come join me in chat!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClx3AxNdn30iP7yey0rOafA/

#1932 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Files only in root of USB
The code release is in ZIP format.
The code download will need to be unzipped before installing on a USB stick.
Update instructions:
Download the zip file.
Unzip the file; this will create a folder that contains file(s).
Open the folder, copy the file(s) to the root level of a USB stick.(Do not copy the folder.)
Power the game off.
Insert the USB stick.
Turn the game on.
After the game boots up, there will be an option for software update.
The volume buttons change options for full or quick update. The enter button selects the option and starts the update.
Once the update is completed, turn the game off and remove the USB stick.
Turn the game on and the game will be running the new code.

Thanks . That worked. Never had to copy the files individually before.

#1933 4 years ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Yep this happened to me quite a few times last night... Never happened once prior to this update so I'd say they changed something....

#1934 4 years ago

Also received this last night! Must have Mod from Medisinyl for this game, the flaps open up as the ball travels though.... Should have been on the game from Stern
Photo 2020-02-07, 2 00 35 AM (resized).jpgPhoto 2020-02-07, 2 00 35 AM (resized).jpgPhoto 2020-02-07, 2 01 54 AM (resized).jpgPhoto 2020-02-07, 2 01 54 AM (resized).jpgPhoto 2020-02-07, 2 02 06 AM (resized).jpgPhoto 2020-02-07, 2 02 06 AM (resized).jpg

#1935 4 years ago

Okay. So the release notes say points are awarded for Director's Cut. We know this is a place holder until the actual wizard mode is coded. Right now it is awarding the points for the four haunts you completed again! I just hit 49M for one shot to the house. I had Double Trouble lit. Had I known... LOL

Thanks to everyone who came to hang out!

#1936 4 years ago
Quoted from Aurium:

Also received this last night! Must have Mod from medisinyl for this game, the flaps open up as the ball travels though.... Should have been on the game from Stern
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That’s cool.

#1937 4 years ago

Gappa angry is a

Fucking.
Masterpiece.

#1938 4 years ago

I got my replacement ball guides but only pages 5-6 of the instructions. Can someone post the complete set?

#1939 4 years ago

Please tell me you're kidding

#1940 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

I got my replacement ball guides but only pages 5-6 of the I instructions. Can someone post the complete set?

It seems like no one got a complete set. LOL
Watch my video.

#1941 4 years ago

Hello all. I have had an Elvira HOH Premium on location for about 2 months now. I've had two constant issues that I wanted to share (and seems to have been discussed in sections on this thread).

Crypt VUK - After the first week, the ball would get stuck in the Crypt VUK. Often, it would fire about 10 times, and then it would stop or give an Alert Technician error. I contacted Stern about the problem, and they provided a PDF to fix. The PDF showed that the owner had to move the Crypt VUK under the play field about a half inch and re-screw it into the play field. My Stern distributor came and did it, and it was fixed for another few days. The issue then returned, and continued to have ball stuck issues nearly every time it went into the Crypt. I called Stern a couple more times, and they were supposed to send a replacement VUK assembly. After waiting over a week, I called to check on the shipment only to be told it was on back-order. I figure it's because I'm not the only one having this problem. I was pretty frustrated at this point, so today I decided to diagnose a bit more to find out where it was getting stuck.

The VUK would launch the ball, but it would rattle around and snag something, so it wouldn't make it out the top. After taking apart the top metal protectors on the play field, my tech and I tried to see what was going on. Well, the play field wood itself was causing the issue. The ball guide under the play field was not aligned properly with the hole. So, the VUK would hit the ball into the play field wood on one side by just a bit, and it was enough to cause the ball to not get up and out the hole. We were able to take apart the ball guide under the play field and move it slightly up and re-screw it underneath the play field in new position. Now, it wasn't hitting the wood, and after re-assembling, the problem seems to be fixed for now. I am not sure it will stay this way, so time will tell.

This was a pretty intense fix for a new game, having to disassemble the ramp, part of the crypt house, the VUK, and the ball guide underneath, and create new screw holes under the play field. If you are having the problem, message me, and I can provide more details if you want to fix on your own.

Skill Shot Ball Stuck Issue - Pretty frequently when going for a skill shot, the ball will get stuck between the Back Door and the roll over in-lane target behind the house. The ball just rests in a very small spot between those two, and it takes some serious shaking to get it loose. I have not done anything about this yet, and if anyone can provide a fix I am interested in hearing it. We've had to figure out a way to shake the machine without causing a Tilt (not easy, the ball gets pretty good and stuck back there).

Overall, I really want to love this game. It's gorgeous, and as the code develops (with 0.90 release for example), we all see how fun it can be. However, the issues I've dealt with from an out-of-box machine that costs what HOH costs has caused me a great deal of frustration and a small amount of lost revenue (for free credits due to customers experiencing the issue, some down time when the ball would get stuck and wouldn't release).

Please let me know if you have a solid fix for the Skill Shot issue mentioned above.

#1942 4 years ago

WOW! Is all I can say about this new code update. Loving so much about this game.
What I like best is the new mb introduction videos. They're really nice and funny. I don't know how many variants there are. But, I believe I got at least 3 for Wongo wild women.

The zombie ones are really good too.

The bad... While there is now audio for the attic attack mb intro video. The audio is out of sync with the video. So that will need to be fixed. Still at least we know what she says. And also I got all the jackpots in that mode and then no more lit up. So that was a bummer.

The so so... The new deadhead. I got him two or three times tonight. I don't like his character design too much. I don't hate him. I like the concept of him. As a lovecraftian Cythullu Innsmouth Bostonian... Funny. It is.

I think there are routes to scoring big on mbs again like how there were in the first few code versions of this game. I had one truly mammoth ball. Felt great.

And also having Elvira call out the ball locks is a very minor detail, but it works so well. Really gives this game a whole lot of energy.
Ball save was nice on the vuk and saved my butt a few times.

And the last thing that I liked about this update. The alligator. Simple animation, but I really like it. And it also helps for you to keep track of the bonus you got. So you know if its worth it, to go for the hand of fate double bonus.

Oh and I also got Gappa twice tonight. First time I drained out without locking a ball... Like a NEWB!

Second time I was one shot away from lighting the 3rd lock. But, I got 2 locks and I got dance party. And that was fun.

WOW! There is a whole lot more left to this game guys. Whole lot more. Just such a great game.

#1943 4 years ago
Quoted from lowryparcade:

Skill Shot Ball Stuck Issue - Pretty frequently when going for a skill shot, the ball will get stuck between the Back Door and the roll over in-lane target behind the house. The ball just rests in a very small spot between those two, and it takes some serious shaking to get it loose. I have not done anything about this yet, and if anyone can provide a fix I am interested in hearing it. We've had to figure out a way to shake the machine without causing a Tilt (not easy, the ball gets pretty good and stuck back there).
Overall, I really want to love this game. It's gorgeous, and as the code develops (with 0.90 release for example), we all see how fun it can be. However, the issues I've dealt with from an out-of-box machine that costs what HOH costs has caused me a great deal of frustration and a small amount of lost revenue (for free credits due to customers experiencing the issue, some down time when the ball would get stuck and wouldn't release).
Please let me know if you have a solid fix for the Skill Shot issue mentioned above.

The first thing that came to mind when you described this is: "At what degree of pitch is your playfield?" See if increasing the pitch helps.

#1944 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I'm gonna go live here in a few minutes. Come join me in chat!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClx3AxNdn30iP7yey0rOafA/

Thanks for the video and the comment, I enjoyed it watching now! Greetings from Belgium.

#1945 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

The first thing that came to mind when you described this is: "At what degree of pitch is your playfield?" See if increasing the pitch helps.

Agree the recommended pitch for this game is 7 degrees. I am lucky, not one issue here - game made 11/18/19 Premium. Love this game!

#1946 4 years ago

I was thinking about the deadheads that are still yet to come. I do hope we get a werewolf inspired one.
What other classic monster tropes deadheads do you hope they'll include?
I don't know what ones remain. Just we got the Mummy, Skeleton, Vampire. Seems like a werewolf would fit the mix easy enough.

#1947 4 years ago

@loweryparkade playfield angle was my first thought as well. Mine at home and the one on location nearby both have the bubble touching the top line on the gauge by the shooter lane. You may be able to solve your issue by loosening the ball guide screw or topline screw, justifying the parts to be not-stucky inducing and retightening. Here's a pic what mine look like for reference in case yours are wildly different.

20200208_093321.jpg20200208_093321.jpg
#1948 4 years ago
Quoted from marspinball:

I got my replacement ball guides but only pages 5-6 of the I instructions. Can someone post the complete set?

I only have page 7 on my side, so we can share to complete!
20200208_174906 (resized).jpg20200208_174906 (resized).jpg

#1949 4 years ago

That's hilarious. You can put them together and sell it to Stern .

#1950 4 years ago

They have created a community enigma. It's brillant.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

Trade
Machine - For Trade
St. Petersburg, FL
$ 20.00
Playfield - Other
Docquest Pinball Mods

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Trade
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

12,900 (OBO)
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

11,855 (OBO)
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Cabinet - Other
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 31.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 18,068 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 362.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/39?hl=jandrea95 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.