IMG_0412 (resized).jpeg
IMG_0414 (resized).jpeg
20240417_211237 (resized).jpg
IMG_5084.jpeg
IMG_5121 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5119 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5120 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

27 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 363.
#1801 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I want to get my Elvira set up properly so I have a few questions....When wild woman multiball starts should all the balls roll out of the garage lock together or one by one? What pitch is best for this table? Thanks and I appreciate any help.

Yes, one by one.

#1802 4 years ago

God damn it I could go for a code update. Been a minute

#1803 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I want to get my Elvira set up properly so I have a few questions....When wild woman multiball starts should all the balls roll out of the garage lock together or one by one? What pitch is best for this table? Thanks and I appreciate any help.

I have mine around 6.8-6.9 degrees. Plays well for me.

#1804 4 years ago
Quoted from Wildbill327:

I have an issue here. Doesn't pop up properly so the balls come all together. Can't start multiball anymore, so have to look again at the popper here.

#1805 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

I have an issue here. Doesn't pop up properly so the balls come all together. Can't start multiball anymore, so have to look again at the popper here.

I also have a issue with my lock release... sometimes the last ball gets stuck in the lock area and the up post won’t stay down long enough to let the ball roll out. I wonder if this has a setting to control how long it it stays down. I’m going to check it out today after work and hopefully it’s just something small. If anyone else has had this problem I would love some feedback. Besides this small issue I’m loving the game so far.

#1806 4 years ago

I think you just have to adjust the angle of your pin.

#1807 4 years ago

Clear Titan rings with purple Super-Bands flippers and posts.
20200203_203102 (resized).jpg20200203_203102 (resized).jpg20200203_205213 (resized).jpg20200203_205213 (resized).jpg

#1808 4 years ago

I really like the purple post! I have black Superbands on flippers and I have started putting white titans on everything else.

#1809 4 years ago
Quoted from zwartepanter:

I think you just have to adjust the angle of your pin.

After looking and trying a few things I’m thinking it’s a bad coil...it goes up and down but it’s not holding for that half second to let a ball roll through.

#1810 4 years ago

Does anyone know how long till Stern releases the other Elvira accessories? I am dying for the topper!!!

E.Topper (resized).jpgE.Topper (resized).jpg
#1811 4 years ago
Quoted from nexfx:

Does anyone know how long till Stern releases the other Elvira accessories? I am dying for the topper!!![quoted image]

My guess is it will be a while yet. The Black Knight topper still has to come out. It was supposed to go into production after the Star Wars topper.

I really want one, too, but I'll take a code update to tide me over.

#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

My guess is it will be a while yet. The Black Knight topper still has to come out. It was supposed to go into production after the Star Wars topper.
I really want one, too, but I'll take a code update to tide me over.

Thats weird. I didn't think anyone wanted the star wars topper. I personally thought it looked cool, but the price is a bit scary, and I know people didn't like it.

As for Stern's Elvira topper. That's a hard pass for me.
Its too boring.
I think I'll design my own topper. And don't worry. I won't have Elvira winking in the topper illustration that I will be using.
But, first thing that is up for me is making my Sinbad topper. It'll be a bit pricey to make it, but its going to be awesome. I already worked the layout of the image. Just need to commission an artist and I spoke to the one I want to hire. Then once I get it all made I'll just need to find a printing company. Get it printed, and then I will need to assemble it.
But, I know none of my toppers will have light effects. Ohhh well... Small price to pay to get something awesome. And double sadly. The sinbad one is going to cost a lot of money, and the Elvira one will probably cost me around what Sterns will cost. So really won't be much of a savings. And I can't sell either of them, as I don't own the rights to the characters. Ohhh well... Its all for the love of pinball.

#1813 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Thats weird. I didn't think anyone wanted the star wars topper. I personally thought it looked cool, but the price is a bit scary, and I know people didn't like it.

I was monitoring the Star Wars topper thread and, even though it carries a hefty price tag and has had some minor issues, it would seem everyone is pretty happy with it once they get it.

Quoted from Diospinball:

I won't have Elvira winking in the topper illustration that I will be using.

Ha ha

Quoted from Diospinball:

But, I know none of my toppers will have light effects.

Interactive, no, but why not?

#1814 4 years ago

Second day owning this machine and we already love it way more than we did our Alice Cooper. The code no doubt will come a long way while we waited 8 months for an update on Alice and it never came. As an MST3K fan I love all the old movie clips and my wife likes bad puns and innuendos so she's liking the humor.

#1815 4 years ago

STERN OF THE UNION ADDRESS FEBRUARY 2020:

https://sternpinball.com/2020/02/04/stern-of-the-union-address-february-2020/

Status of Code:

Elvira – For all Elvira owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.89.0). Be on the lookout for a new code update this month.

#1816 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Status of Code:
Elvira – For all Elvira owners, please make sure you have updated your game to the most current code version (v0.89.0). Be on the lookout for a new code update this month.

Yeah. Isn't that exactly what it said in January's?

#1817 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Yeah. Isn't that exactly what it said in January's?

Nearly. In january they wrote "Be on the lookout for a new code update soon."

#1818 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Nearly. In january they wrote "Be on the lookout for a new code update soon."

Oops. You're right. At least they changed some of the wording.

#1819 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

I was monitoring the Star Wars topper thread and, even though it carries a hefty price tag and has had some minor issues, it would seem everyone is pretty happy with it once they get it.

Ha ha

Interactive, no, but why not?

The reasons for no lighting is quite simple. I'm not smart enough to include it. And these are projects that I just want to get done and completed. So I will stay within my lane, or stick to my wheelhouse if you will. Was thinking about a few ideas. And I think I got a nice rough of a layout in my head. The only bummer is. I had this really cool idea, but its way too similar to the backglass. And I want unique assets and so... I scrapped the first idea I had. If I get a Scared Stiff I might use that for that pin.

But, I'll look into lighting effects. I just don't think I'll be able to figure anything out. I'm not very good at stuff like that.

#1820 4 years ago

joined the club, premium arrives tomorrow, wanted an LE but my instant gratification disorder wouldn't let me wait a month for it

#1821 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

joined the club, premium arrives tomorrow, wanted an LE but my instant gratification disorder wouldn't let me wait a month for it

Congrats, this is one fun pin!

#1822 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

I have a premium also - it is an awesome game! Maybe one day I can upgrade as I would love to own an LE and would prolly give a kidney for an SE.. Congrats

#1823 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Down the middle you should be able to nudge it in a way to get control, and if it does bounce off the rubber and then down the right outlane, which happened to me quite a few times, I think that should be the risk of taking the shot. Because, I do think those drains are avoidable for the most part with anticipation and skill.

except i have had the kicker throw it sdtm as well. no amount of nudging will save that short of a slide... there should always be a save on that kickout.

#1824 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

except i have had the kicker throw it sdtm as well. no amount of nudging will save that short of a slide... there should always be a save on that kickout.

Adjust the strength of the kickout.

#1825 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Status of Code:

Exciting... Now lets hope its sooner in the month then later!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#1826 4 years ago

Ordered a shaker, volume button, Medisinyl crypt and gargoyle, Retro Refurb side blades, cabinet flipper mylar.

She's going to be a beaut!

#1827 4 years ago

Is the Shaker integrated much yet? I am on the fence about ordering one.

Thanks
Jim

#1828 4 years ago
Quoted from PunishersLEMC:

Is the Shaker integrated much yet? I am on the fence about ordering one.
Thanks
Jim

I like it. Its there. And you feel it. Could it happen more... Maybe. But, trust me you feel it when you're playing.

#1829 4 years ago
Quoted from NeilMcRae:

Premium? Neil, I’m disappointed.

But, hey, at least you’re in the club ...

#1830 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

Ordered a shaker, volume button, Medisinyl crypt and gargoyle, Retro Refurb side blades, cabinet flipper mylar.
She's going to be a beaut!

Haven’t seen the retro refurb ones vs stern. Any chance someone can post both or direct me?

How is the shaker in this one guys?
- I have a lowly premium .. I’ll survive.. I guess.

#1831 4 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

Haven’t seen the retro refurb ones vs stern. Any chance someone can post both or direct me?
How is the shaker in this one guys?
- I have a lowly premium .. I’ll survive.. I guess.

https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop-cat/pinball-sideblades/page/3/

#1832 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Other than the armor, I usually prefer premium in Stern myself. I like picking my side art. Saves quite a bit of dough for the same experience. I have a LE BK and I don't see much difference between it and my premiums.

I ordered the movie posters one. Grew up watching TNT monster nights and MST3K so the movies are my favorite part of the machine. Can't wait to see them all coded in.

#1833 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Adjust the strength of the kickout.

Well sometimes the game will hit the number targets. Other times it will head to the outline, inlane, or sdtm. Will power adjust help? Not my game but my friends.

#1834 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Well sometimes the game will hit the number targets. Other times it will head to the outline, inlane, or sdtm. Will power adjust help? Not my game but my friends.

Yes. Adjusting the kickout strength helps a lot! Try setting at 185. The kickout is not consistent by any means, but very rarely does it hit the left outlane.

#1835 4 years ago

I think I set mine on 125, will check. Never had a problem again.

#1836 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Yeah they had one in stock and knowing that meant it was a no brainier - suspect sometime in the future I’ll swap it for an LE!

She’s here!

A277282F-E7E6-498D-80FA-A8FEDE55FDB8 (resized).jpegA277282F-E7E6-498D-80FA-A8FEDE55FDB8 (resized).jpeg
#1837 4 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I made a modification the the VUK plunger and now it hits the trunk targets then ricochets and hits the hands of fate targets on every kick out.

#1838 4 years ago
Quoted from lodgingdolphin:

I made a modification the the VUK plunger and now it hits the trunk targets then ricochets and hits the hands of fate targets on every kick out.

That sounds like it's hitting really strong.

#1839 4 years ago
Quoted from javagrind888:

That sounds like it's hitting really strong.

At first I hated the VUK as it seemed dull and usually drained on the outlane or down the middle. Now it flies out and actually helps take those targets down, which is big help towards lighting the playfield multiplier.

#1840 4 years ago

Just got my cliffy set installed. Easier than advertised. Instead of removing the whole house you can actually sneak the cellar protector in from the bottom. Thanks to pinsider Peanuts for leading the charge. I did the same set with both sides of the shooter lane, trough, garage drop, cellar vuk, and crypt protectors. Cliffies are the best mods in pinball!

Bonus shot of all clear titans.
20200205_110113.jpg20200205_110113.jpg20200205_101344.jpg20200205_101344.jpg20200205_101919.jpg20200205_101919.jpg20200205_121635.jpg20200205_121635.jpg20200205_100529.jpg20200205_100529.jpg20200205_121654.jpg20200205_121654.jpg

All ready for the NEXT CODE UPDATE some sunny day!

#1841 4 years ago

Hmmm... Sunny day in Belgium but no code flying around?

#1842 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Back on December 10, I had E-mailed Stern about the metal guide that goes under the house to assist with the BDUS to which Pablo responded. I got a notification from UPS today that I was receiving a package from Stern. Hopefully that is it. Unless they're sending me something else out of the blue for no money.

Dear @SKWilson, have you received your kit?

#1843 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

Dear SKWilson, have you received your kit?

Yes. I just got it about 20 minutes ago. I think I'm going to do a live install on YouTube here in a little bit. They included some pretty vague instructions.

#1844 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Yes. I just got it about 20 minutes ago. I think I'm going to do a live install on YouTube here in a little bit. They included some pretty vague instructions.

Great for the upcoming video. I've received a UPS notification too, I think that's it.

#1845 4 years ago

Going live on installing the new bracket. Pride Pinball on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClx3AxNdn30iP7yey0rOafA
Help me figure this thing out. LOL
Video will remain on YouTube.

#1846 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Going live on installing the new bracket. Pride Pinball on YouTube. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClx3AxNdn30iP7yey0rOafA
Help me figure this thing out. LOL
Video will remain on YouTube.

I probably will watch this once I get the kit myself. I gotta check and then contact stern, as I'm sure my machine doesn't have that metal post or bracket. As I got my LE pretty early on in the process...

I just wish they'd get the bugs sorted before manfacturing. This is the skill shot we are talking about... An important shot for the game.

#1847 4 years ago

So I had a lot of issues with my machine out of the box, but after dialing it in and replacing the crypt assembly and motor it's all coming together very nicely Great machine!
I was wondering though if somebody could help me. My machine was missing the extra metal piece in the back needed for the skillshot, so I got in touch with stern and ordered one.
Well, today I received my "Elvira Repair Kit" ,as they called it, and it came with 2 pieces of metal. One being the one needed to make the skillshot..... the one one I have no clue what it's for ?

Any ideas?

thumbnail_IMG_0425 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0425 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0426 (resized).jpgthumbnail_IMG_0426 (resized).jpg
#1848 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I probably will watch this once I get the kit myself. I gotta check and then contact stern, as I'm sure my machine doesn't have that metal post or bracket. As I got my LE pretty early on in the process...
I just wish they'd get the bugs sorted before manfacturing. This is the skill shot we are talking about... An important shot for the game.

What's funny is I didn't think I had a problem. After I initially set up my game, I was able to make the skill shot pretty regularly. Then, when I moved all my games and re-leveled them, I realized my playfield was under 6.5 degrees (can't trust that darn bubble!). Once I had it at roughly 6.9 degrees, I started having problems making the shot.

Here's the link to the video:

Unfortunately, my kit was missing a page of instructions (Steps 1 and 2), so I wasn't sure about the second guide. (We figured it out in the video.)

Here is the new guide that goes to the right of the house by the pop bumpers. The new guide (on the left) has a slight bend in the part that is behind the house.

20200205_164050[1] (resized).jpg20200205_164050[1] (resized).jpg

Here is the new guide that goes to the left of the house behind the garage ball lock. The new guide (on the left) is longer and straightens out the curve of the lock ball guide.

20200205_165826[1] (resized).jpg20200205_165826[1] (resized).jpg

If your machine doesn't have these guides, contact the parts department through the website. Be sure to include your serial number and address.

Thanks for watching!

#1849 4 years ago
Quoted from MountZion:

So I had a lot of issues with my machine out of the box, but after dialing it in and replacing the crypt assembly and motor it's all coming together very nicely Great machine!
I was wondering though if somebody could help me. My machine was missing the extra metal piece in the back needed for the skillshot, so I got in touch with stern and ordered one.
Well, today I received my "Elvira Repair Kit" ,as they called it, and it came with 2 pieces of metal. One being the one needed to make the skillshot..... the one one I have no clue what it's for ?
Any ideas?[quoted image][quoted image]

^^^^^^^^^^ See my posts above! ^^^^^^^^^

#1850 4 years ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

What's funny is I didn't think I had a problem. After I initially set up my game, I was able to make the skill shot pretty regularly. Then, when I moved all my games and re-leveled them, I realized my playfield was under 6.5 degrees (can't trust that darn bubble!). Once I had it at roughly 6.9 degrees, I started having problems making the shot.
Here's the link to the video:

Unfortunately, my kit was missing a page of instructions (Steps 1 and 2), so I wasn't sure about the second guide. (We figured it out in the video.)
Here is the new guide that goes to the right of the house by the pop bumpers. The new guide (on the left) has a slight bend in the part that is behind the house.
[quoted image]
Here is the new guide that goes to the left of the house behind the garage ball lock. The new guide (on the left) is longer and straightens out the curve of the lock ball guide.
[quoted image]
If your machine doesn't have these guides, contact the parts department through the website. Be sure to include your serial number and address.
Thanks for watching!

Thank you for this. That's funny though that you were missing pages 1 and 2, because they only send me page 8 of the instructions and nothing else.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

8,800 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Vancouver, BC
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods

Playfield - Plastics
SilverBall Designs

Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution

$ 11.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
PWM Designs

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

14,000 (OBO)
11,855 (OBO)
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

$ 35.00
Playfield - Other
Pinhead mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,115 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 363.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/elvira-s-house-of-horrors-the-owner-s-club/page/37?hl=robertstone0407 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.