IMG_0835 (resized).JPG
IMG_0831 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
20240705_232245 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240705_222214461.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_5397 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5398 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,628 posts in this topic. You are on page 371 of 373.
#18501 25 days ago
Quoted from brickbuilder14:

Has anyone had to replace this post? The thread broke on mine and I’m not sure where to replace it? Thanks
[quoted image]

It's annoying the manual seems to leave out a lot of parts. You probably just need to measure it and do a search for X size hex spacer /post

#18502 25 days ago
Quoted from spludgranks:

I found the part number for the piece I needed, luckily Stern is sending me via warranty. In case someone needs it's called a pivot link and it's part # 515-2174-00

FYI - I had the same problem with my Elvira Topper and Stern sent me the replacement part as well.

#18503 24 days ago

I joined the club today!! I'm.thrilled, been after this game for a long time...

I have the intermittent problem where the score goes crazy high. I've read this is likely a faulty opto, but how do I identify which one is bad? If I look at the switch matrix I don't see anything odd. Thanks.

#18504 24 days ago
Quoted from thewool:

I joined the club today!! I'm.thrilled, been after this game for a long time...
I have the intermittent problem where the score goes crazy high. I've read this is likely a faulty opto, but how do I identify which one is bad? If I look at the switch matrix I don't see anything odd. Thanks.

Often it’s the right ramp opto. Maybe try going into switch test and banging on the playfield to confirm which opto is registering when it shouldn’t

#18505 23 days ago
Quoted from EaglePin:

Often it’s the right ramp opto. Maybe try going into switch test and banging on the playfield to confirm which opto is registering when it shouldn’t

Thanks will give that a go.

Edit: Right ramp opto, on the right side, was loose. Have tightened it up, hopefully that got it.

#18506 22 days ago

I made a several of these, I think they turned out pretty good. Currently working on a blood red kiss version.

https://pinside.com/pinball/shops/shop/1607-jampk-pinball/11041-no-lifeguard-on-duty-tiki-tree

IMG_5779 (resized).jpegIMG_5779 (resized).jpegIMG_5786 (resized).jpegIMG_5786 (resized).jpeg
#18507 21 days ago

Played a few games, the rule set has me dumbfounded! I'm at the "just shoot for anything flashing" mode.

I'm torn between looking them up or just discovering them as I go. I like knowing what to go for, but I also like the journey of learning as I play.

I'm used to the older games where I can eventually pick up on everything but just wondering if this so deep I'll never figure it out without help.

So far happy with the purchase. One wire was off the left sling - easy solder.

#18508 21 days ago
Quoted from pjflyer:

Played a few games, the rule set has me dumbfounded! I'm at the "just shoot for anything flashing" mode.
I'm torn between looking them up or just discovering them as I go. I like knowing what to go for, but I also like the journey of learning as I play.
I'm used to the older games where I can eventually pick up on everything but just wondering if this so deep I'll never figure it out without help.
So far happy with the purchase. One wire was off the left sling - easy solder.

If you get to where you want to know, I do have a couple tutorial videos.

#18509 21 days ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

If you get to where you want to know

I'll keep that in mind. I'll probably wait a bit and see if I get frustrated or not.

#18510 21 days ago

This game honestly has some of the best code of all time imo. Its a basic layout with no crazy shots but one of the coolest mechs of all time and some of the best code of all time. And i was shocked at how good the shaker motor works, uses it to make a intense horror feel. Had the game for almost 3 years and it will never leave my home, i know i would regret it forever. Can't say enough good things about the game. I wish i had the money to buy a nib "back up" to leave in my garage thats how much i love this game.

#18511 21 days ago
Quoted from SuperNinjaMonkey:

And i was shocked at how good the shaker motor works

Such amazing shaker code, especially during Gappa Angry!

I wish i had the money to buy a nib "back up"

I would totally buy a BRK just to look at.

#18512 21 days ago

This game honestly has some of the best code of all time imo. Its a basic layout with no crazy shots but one of the coolest mechs of all time and some of the best code of all time. And i was shocked at how good the shaker motor works, uses it to make a intense horror feel. Had the game for almost 3 years and it will never leave my home, i know i would regret it forever. Can't say enough good things about the game. I wish i had the money to buy a nib "back up" to leave in my garage thats how much i love this game.

It’s best not to buy a second if it were to be left in a garage - that would be an abomination. One that I would totally approve though and if I had unlimited funds, I would do the same haha

#18513 21 days ago

Installed and love - thank you stlkevin02
Great detail and fits like a glove- easy install

“TOMBSTONE MOD FOR ELVIRA HOH“

IMG_5637 (resized).jpegIMG_5637 (resized).jpegIMG_5638 (resized).jpegIMG_5638 (resized).jpeg
#18514 21 days ago

Joined the club today and got her dead tits leveled, no pun intended, but I am enjoying the boobies and exploring the code.

PXL_20240622_194450772 (resized).jpgPXL_20240622_194450772 (resized).jpgPXL_20240623_002028457.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240623_002028457.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240623_002046181.MP (resized).jpgPXL_20240623_002046181.MP (resized).jpg
#18515 21 days ago

Like the side armor. How does the clown head shooter rod feel in use. Is the shape too weird?

#18516 20 days ago

Hello all. Added Elvira to my collection and I’m having a bit of an issue where it resets during play. Always when I’m on a roll too. Probably had 5 resets in the week of owning it.
The local one on location resets a bit too so was wondering if it a known issue with the title or I’m just unlucky? Never had resets on any other of my Sterns.

#18517 20 days ago
Quoted from Boof-Ed:

Hello all. Added Elvira to my collection and I’m having a bit of an issue where it resets during play. Always when I’m on a roll too. Probably had 5 resets in the week of owning it.
The local one on location resets a bit too so was wondering if it a known issue with the title or I’m just unlucky? Never had resets on any other of my Sterns.

I had a similar issue happening. It seemed to be fixed by replacing the SD card. Try getting a new one 16GB or 32GB card, Class 10. Then image write with the image from Sterns website.

#18518 20 days ago
Quoted from docquest:

Like the side armor. How does the clown head shooter rod feel in use. Is the shape too weird?

It is a bit awkward feeling at first, but then I started to get use to it.

Clown face up -- there's a spot you can tuck your middle finger behind his neck. This to me feels most natural.
Clown face down -- it's a bit difficult to grab with a good feeling. This was most akward for me.

#18519 20 days ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

If you get to where you want to know, I do have a couple tutorial videos.

Your tutorial video is EXCELLENT! I learned a ton from watching it. Thank you for sharing this.

#18520 20 days ago
Quoted from SuperMas77:

Your tutorial video is EXCELLENT! I learned a ton from watching it. Thank you for sharing this.

Thank you! You're most welcome! I'm glad you found it useful!

#18521 15 days ago

Can anyone help me out and take a picture of where playfield plastic -52 goes? It fell onto the PF and I can't seem to find it's home. Thanks

#18522 15 days ago
Quoted from Ace8Track:

Can anyone help me out and take a picture of where playfield plastic -52 goes? It fell onto the PF and I can't seem to find it's home. Thanks

It might be helpful if you posted a picture of the piece.

#18523 15 days ago
Quoted from Ace8Track:

For sale sign. Look just to the right side of the house ramp
Assembly 5.29. Page 54 of your owners manual
https://sternpinball.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Elvira_LE_Pre_web.pdf

#18524 15 days ago
Quoted from Ace8Track:

Can anyone take a picture of where playfield plastic -52 goes?
It fell onto the playfield and I can't seem to find it's home.

Quoted from BFaster:

It's the For Sale sign. Look just to the right side of the house ramp.

If your game's For Sale sign is down, then the house is off the market and NOT for sale.

#18525 14 days ago

#wheresthecode

I know with no lead programmer that the priority on this game is about as low as dirt. Yet, if you're going to ruin LE value for your customers, at least give us a GOOD update that doesn't break things or make things less fun. This game is starting to feel like Star Trek when different people worked on the code and it took a bad turn, until Dwight mostly cleaned it up.

And if you're going to leave the code like it is, please give us a 1.06 fallback version because I'd rather run that than 1.08.

Sorry, I'm just in a cranky mood and wanted to vent a little. There' a lot more behind my frustration/disappointment than I can say, but I did want to say something at least. I don't mean to say get the pitchforks and start blasting Stern, but I really want this game tidied up in a good way that is not a bandaid and that will make everyone happy.

That's all.

Rob Ganshorn

#18526 14 days ago

I decided to put my dagger shooter on again. First time I installed it, it would barely shoot, but I took advice from this thread & stretched the spring out, which gives it more tension. Worked like a charm! It’s a bit goofy, but my daughter saw it and said “OH. MY GOD. It’s so fancy & beautiful”

Worth it!

IMG_5812.jpegIMG_5812.jpegIMG_5813.jpegIMG_5813.jpeg

#18527 14 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I decided to put my dagger shooter on again. First time I installed it, it would barely shoot, but I took advice from this thread & stretched the spring out, which gives it more tension. Worked like a charm! It’s a but goofy, but I daughter saw it and said “OH. MY GOD. It’s so fancy & beautiful”
Worth it!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Don't wear boxers near that, looks like a real bag snagger.

#18528 14 days ago

I’ve definitely done some leg damage on my own EHoH BRK and the dagger shooter rod.

#18529 14 days ago

I went back to the clown, the dagger is just too long and too odd to shoot with.

#18530 14 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I decided to put my dagger shooter on again. First time I installed it, it would barely shoot, but I took advice from this thread & stretched the spring out, which gives it more tension. Worked like a charm! It’s a but goofy, but I daughter saw it and said “OH. MY GOD. It’s so fancy & beautiful”
Worth it!

It sure is pretty looking!

Rob

#18531 14 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Worth it!
[quoted image][quoted image]

I've " hipped" it 50 times now

#18532 14 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

#wheresthecode
I know with no lead programmer that the priority on this game is about as low as dirt. Yet, if you're going to ruin LE value for your customers, at least give us a GOOD update that doesn't break things or make things less fun. This game is starting to feel like Star Trek when different people worked on the code and it took a bad turn, until Dwight mostly cleaned it up.
And if you're going to leave the code like it is, please give us a 1.06 fallback version because I'd rather run that than 1.08.
Sorry, I'm just in a cranky mood and wanted to vent a little. There' a lot more behind my frustration/disappointment than I can say, but I did want to say something at least. I don't mean to say get the pitchforks and start blasting Stern, but I really want this game tidied up in a good way that is not a bandaid and that will make everyone happy.
That's all.
Rob Ganshorn

I don’t know how much more you want it’s pretty awesome as it is. Sure we all want more and I’m not saying a little tweak here and there wouldn’t be nice but the movie clips and Elvira herself I think are integrated really good. The rules are good and deep a lot to do in my opinion.

#18533 14 days ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I don’t know how much more you want it’s pretty awesome as it is. Sure we all want more and I’m not saying a little tweak here and there wouldn’t be nice but the movie clips and Elvira herself I think are integrated really good. The rules are good and deep a lot to do in my opinion.

They at the very least need to fix the bass that got F’d up. All the heavy bass sound FX are distorted in the current code.

#18534 14 days ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Has anybody bought a crypt mod if so which one.
I seen the one by dons it looks pretty good.

So many crypt mods it is hard to decide. The one from Back Alley looks good but does the roof allow the light to come through like the factory roof does on BRK?

#18535 13 days ago
Quoted from big-c66:

Personally, I never wanted extra, just the outstanding issues fixed:

- Video sequencing on TBTWD
- Manster and other haunts with insert lighting gone wrong (they thought it was broken, now it is)
- Manster final chapter shot descriptions on LCD aligning with the actual shots on the playfield (out of sync)
- Audio for those who have the issue. I don't think I had it on my original LE though.
- Trailer Trash behaviour is maybe wrong when Director's cut is qualified, I can't remember.

Plus the rule changes they did for the secret haunts didn't go over well with almost everyone. I appreciate that they tried to integrate the house turret more into the game, but it needs to be thought out better.

Back Door advancing haunts, or starting haunts is another issue. I cannot confirm it the issue still exists, but if you get the backdoor while trailer trash is lit, the backdoor can start the next haunt while trailer trash is still running. That shouldn't happen. Plus the backdoor advancing the haunt ruins it for longer haunts like TBTWD where you maybe want to stretch out the mode and not finish it right away.

Some things like Beast Booster will probably always be a dud. 1 shot in TFOS is the only time it is used. I like spinners, it's just not used really at all in this game.

There's other minor thing like string descriptions in a few places which could use updating, just for the sake of being consistent in the theme. That stuff would be so easy to do, but it is also such a low to non-existent priority.

Rob

#18536 13 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Personally, I never wanted extra, just the outstanding issues fixed:
- Video sequencing on TBTWD
- Manster and other haunts with insert lighting gone wrong (they thought it was broken, now it is)
- Manster final chapter shot descriptions on LCD aligning with the actual shots on the playfield (out of sync)
- Audio for those who have the issue. I don't think I had it on my original LE though.
- Trailer Trash behaviour is maybe wrong when Director's cut is qualified, I can't remember.
Plus the rule changes they did for the secret haunts didn't go over well with almost everyone. I appreciate that they tried to integrate the house turret more into the game, but it needs to be thought out better.
Back Door advancing haunts, or starting haunts is another issue. I cannot confirm it the issue still exists, but if you get the backdoor while trailer trash is lit, the backdoor can start the next haunt while trailer trash is still running. That shouldn't happen. Plus the backdoor advancing the haunt ruins it for longer haunts like TBTWD where you maybe want to stretch out the mode and not finish it right away.
Some things like Beast Booster will probably always be a dud. 1 shot in TFOS is the only time it is used. I like spinners, it's just not used really at all in this game.
There's other minor thing like string descriptions in a few places which could use updating, just for the sake of being consistent in the theme. That stuff would be so easy to do, but it is also such a low to non-existent priority.
Rob

I totaly agree it could use some tweaking so to speak. Alot of what you have described having issues with I haven’t experienced yet. I just got my new one from the April run but I will keep my eye open on some of the things you mentioned. I’m still learning alot about the game to.

#18537 13 days ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I totaly agree it could use some tweaking so to speak. Alot of what you have described having issues with I haven’t experienced yet. I just got my new one from the April run but I will keep my eye open on some of the things you mentioned. I’m still learning alot about the game to.

Main issue for sure is they did break the insert lighting color in several modes with the update. These used to work perfectly before the update they did for the new LE, now you aren't shown the proper shot sequence during play.

#18538 11 days ago

Joined the club!

IMG_2982 (resized).jpegIMG_2982 (resized).jpeg
#18539 11 days ago

Me too ! This game has been on my list for a long time. Now, let's do some modding !! Welcome !

#18540 11 days ago
Quoted from Gube637:

Me too ! This game has been on my list for a long time. Now, let's do some modding !! Welcome !

Me three! Traded a LOTR for a nib 2023 build. Very excited to get some deep time in this game.

#18541 10 days ago

Me four! Picked an LE up a couple of weeks ago. Tweaking things in.

20240623_202854 (resized).jpg20240623_202854 (resized).jpg
#18542 10 days ago

For some strange reason the left+start hold down combo doesn't end my game anymore. Has anybody else had that issue and is there a fix? I'm having to turn my EHOH off completely to reset a game now.

#18543 10 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

For some strange reason the left+start hold down combo doesn't end my game anymore. Has anybody else had that issue and is there a fix? I'm having to turn my EHOH off completely to reset a game now.

Did you verify it's still turned on in the settings? I've found the best practice is to press the left flipper button first, then the start button. How do you press the buttons?

(As an aside based on your comment, left+start returns the game to attract mode. Holding start (after ball 1) will restart the game.)

#18544 10 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

You need to set it up in the options for it to work.

#18545 10 days ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

Did you verify it's still turned on in the settings? I've found the best practice is to press the left flipper button first, then the start button. How do you press the buttons?
(As an aside based on your comment, left+start returns the game to attract mode. Holding start (after ball 1) will restart the game.)

Yes it's still set up as "Always" in the settings. It's worked fine for over a year yet now out of the blue it doesn't work. No return to attract mode. I press the left flipper button hold it down and then press the start button. Nothing. Worked fine in the past and works fine on my other two Sterns now. I'm stumped.

#18546 10 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

Yes it's still set up as "Always" in the settings. It's worked fine for over a year yet now out of the blue it doesn't work. No return to attract mode. I press the left flipper button hold it down and then press the start button. Nothing. Worked fine in the past and works fine on my other two Sterns now. I'm stumped.

How odd. I'm stumped, too.

Maybe try changing the setting to another option, back out of the menu, then change the setting back?

#18547 10 days ago
Quoted from KingBW:

Me four! Picked an LE up a couple of weeks ago. Tweaking things in.
[quoted image]

Assuming those are beach towels on the other pins, love it! I do the same; way cheaper than other options. Congrats on the new pin. Enjoy!

#18548 10 days ago
Quoted from SKWilson:

How odd. I'm stumped, too.
Maybe try changing the setting to another option, back out of the menu, then change the setting back?

I tried that too. No dice. Very odd. Oh well I guess I'll have to call Stern. Thanks for the tips

#18549 10 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

I tried that too. No dice. Very odd. Oh well I guess I'll have to call Stern. Thanks for the tips

Try flashing a new SD card with the latest code maybe?

#18550 10 days ago

I'm leery of the new code. I've been on 1.05 for a bit with no complaints but who knows. Thanks

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

15,499 (OBO)
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

9,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Upper Freehold, NJ
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 12.95
$ 1,075.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Orange County Pinballs

Playfield - Other
Lenticular Designs

$ 65.00
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
J&K pinball

$ 125.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 18,628 posts in this topic. You are on page 371 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.