IMG_0835 (resized).JPG
IMG_0831 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
20240705_232245 (resized).jpg
PXL_20240705_222214461.MP (resized).jpg
IMG_5397 (resized).jpeg
IMG_5398 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

28 key posts have been marked in this topic, showing the first 10 items. (Show topic index)

There are 18,628 posts in this topic. You are on page 370 of 373.
#18451 35 days ago
Quoted from pjflyer:

Hi all, not an owner... yet. I have an opportunity to get one (Premium) for a bit under market value. It's not too far away, which is why I'm considering it. I've played a few games and liked it, but just wanted to get others opinions as far as having that "never get tired of playing".
Thanks.

Bought a premium on reveal, traded towards an LE, traded towards a BRK. Bolted,,, 3 times.

#18452 35 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

Bought a premium on reveal, traded towards an LE, traded towards a BRK. Bolted,,, 3 times.

To be honest, you bolted up before you bolted down.

#18454 35 days ago

Anyone who has the game and find it lackluster listen up. I had it perfectly leveled and the ball rarely went into the backdoor. I was not happy with my progression after a year and a half. A few pages back someone mentioned the back left leg needs to be very slightly higher. I put 2 beer coasters under it and it is playing like my friends which I love! I am making more shots and less drains. I was about to sell this thing but the slightest change to the level will make a world of difference. Try it!

#18455 34 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

Anyone who has the game and find it lackluster listen up. I had it perfectly leveled and the ball rarely went into the backdoor. I was not happy with my progression after a year and a half. A few pages back someone mentioned the back left leg needs to be very slightly higher. I put 2 beer coasters under it and it is playing like my friends which I love! I am making more shots and less drains. I was about to sell this thing but the slightest change to the level will make a world of difference. Try it!

Do you have the backdoor fix kit installed?

#18456 34 days ago

So replying to my post about my backdoor opto switch not working . Pretty sure I found the problem. In my replacement receiver opto I wired it exactly the same as they had it, problem though, the wiring was wrong, so the very first time the switch triggers it would short out. All the lights flickered, and I pulled the board put and it smelled burnt. Wish I was paying more attention to the wiring connection, as it would’ve shown the problem. Now waiting on another replacement board.

#18457 34 days ago

Are Stern making more toppers ?

#18458 34 days ago

Do you find that the behavior of pinballs in the Elvira machine varies depending on the specific "haunt" you're playing? Many players, like myself have noticed that certain haunts present unique challenges, such as slower ball movement or a tendency for the ball to gravitate towards the gutter lanes. For example, in "The Werewolf of Washington" haunt, even allowing the ball to approach the outer lanes often leads to certain doom, while "Night of the Living Dead" offers a more typical and controllable experience. "Manos," on the other hand, presents a relentless challenge, with the ball seemingly drawn constantly towards the outer lanes, and "Trailer Trash" appears to have a magnetic attraction to the center drain. Despite these quirks, as an enthusiast, I appreciate the diversity of gameplay experiences offered by the machine. My friends even speculate whether the machines are magnetized, although the reality is that these variations highlight the dynamic nature of this machine. I find this variability to be excellent preparation for tournament play, as it necessitates constant adaptation to new challenges and prevents prolonged periods of control. What are your thoughts on this phenomenon?

#18459 34 days ago
Quoted from ClassicHornet:

Are Stern making more toppers ?

Sure they will, its a cash cow, and they make statements that they are "limited" but then they always come back. I would google though. I got mine from Nitro Pinball! https://nitropinball.com/products/elvira-topper.

#18460 34 days ago
Quoted from PinFascination:

Do you find that the behavior of pinballs in the Elvira machine varies depending on the specific "haunt" you're playing? Many players, like myself have noticed that certain haunts present unique challenges, such as slower ball movement or a tendency for the ball to gravitate towards the gutter lanes. For example, in "The Werewolf of Washington" haunt, even allowing the ball to approach the outer lanes often leads to certain doom, while "Night of the Living Dead" offers a more typical and controllable experience. "Manos," on the other hand, presents a relentless challenge, with the ball seemingly drawn constantly towards the outer lanes, and "Trailer Trash" appears to have a magnetic attraction to the center drain. Despite these quirks, as an enthusiast, I appreciate the diversity of gameplay experiences offered by the machine. My friends even speculate whether the machines are magnetized, although the reality is that these variations highlight the dynamic nature of this machine. I find this variability to be excellent preparation for tournament play, as it necessitates constant adaptation to new challenges and prevents prolonged periods of control. What are your thoughts on this phenomenon?

I've noticed the game changes behavior based on the amount of alcohol you've consumed

#18461 34 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I've noticed the game changes behavior based on the amount of alcohol you've consumed

1-4 beers, way better than no beer
4-8 beers, borderline GC greatness
8-12 beers, right back to no beer at all

#18462 34 days ago
Quoted from PinFascination:

These are just in your mind. The shots required for modes will simply dictate which direction is likely to rebound if anything, but there is no ball manipulation going on.

#18463 34 days ago
Quoted from PanzerKraken:

These are just in your mind. The shots required for modes will simply dictate which direction is likely to rebound if anything, but there is no ball manipulation going on.

shh, it's a haunted house

#18464 34 days ago
Quoted from spludgranks:

So replying to my post about my backdoor opto switch not working . Pretty sure I found the problem. In my replacement receiver opto I wired it exactly the same as they had it, problem though, the wiring was wrong, so the very first time the switch triggers it would short out. All the lights flickered, and I pulled the board put and it smelled burnt. Wish I was paying more attention to the wiring connection, as it would’ve shown the problem. Now waiting on another replacement board.

$15US each on Pinball Life for those little opto boards. Expensive for what they are.

Rob

#18465 34 days ago
Quoted from spludgranks:

Do you have the backdoor fix kit installed?

No, You won't need it if you adjust that back left leg.

#18466 33 days ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

No, You won't need it if you adjust that back left leg.

What you said is true but you do already have the backdoor "fix" installed in your game. Only the early games didn't (like the first 3 months of production in 2019). Having your rear left side set a little high is key for the back door shot to work. Most people skip the coasters and just adjust the leg levelers a bit.

#18467 33 days ago
Quoted from pjflyer:

Hi all, not an owner... yet. I have an opportunity to get one (Premium) for a bit under market value. It's not too far away, which is why I'm considering it. I've played a few games and liked it, but just wanted to get others opinions as far as having that "never get tired of playing".
Thanks.

If the game you’re considering already has everything dialed in & fixed, that will make a huge difference with how you feel about the game. The engineering is really dodgy & the build quality (on mine at least) was whack. I’m shocked that distribs didn’t tell Stern they refused to buy/sell more EHOH unless major things were re-engineered.

That aside - I’m mixed on the game, to be honest. It can be super drainy, which can make “bad” games very frustrating. The code gets really good as you get into the game, so if you can get House Party & Gappa, the game starts to get really awesome. Since it’s Lyman’s last game, I want to spend more time with it…but I dunno if it’s a keeper. Playing EHOH after Foo or my other modern Sterns (Rush, DP, JP), it feels VERY basic.

So, not sure if it’s a keeper long term. For now - the pluses are Lyman, the beauty of BRK, and my wife loves Elvira.

#18468 33 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

If the game you’re considering already has everything dialed in & fixed, that will make a huge difference with how you feel about the game. The engineering is really dodgy & the build quality (on mine at least) was whack. I’m shocked that distribs didn’t tell Stern they refused to buy/sell more EHOH unless major things were re-engineered.
That aside - I’m mixed on the game, to be honest. It can be super drainy, which can make “bad” games very frustrating. The code gets really good as you get into the game, so if you can get House Party & Gappa, the game starts to get really awesome. Since it’s Lyman’s last game, I want to spend more time with it…but I dunno if it’s a keeper. Playing EHOH after Foo or my other modern Sterns (Rush, DP, JP), it feels VERY basic.
So, not sure if it’s a keeper long term. For now - the pluses are Lyman, the beauty of BRK, and my wife loves Elvira.

I’ve not had one problem with my new premium I got in April like everyone else has. I still don’t get we’re it’s super drainy. The code n rules are fantastic and the way they integrate the movie clips and tied it together with the game is really some of the best in my opinion mine is definitely bolted down. lol

#18469 33 days ago
Quoted from big-c66:

I’ve not had one problem with my new premium I got in April like everyone else has. I still don’t get we’re it’s super drainy.

Well, you’re very lucky then. Almost nothing functioned correctly on mine out of the box. How can yours not be drainy? Almost any sling action shoots it directly down an outlane. A rollback from the house entrance goes STDM. Rebounds off the side target banks like to go right down the outlane. It’s just a drainy design.

#18470 33 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Well, you’re very lucky then. Almost nothing functioned correctly on mine out of the box. How can yours not be drainy? Almost any sling action shoots it directly down an outlane. A rollback from the house entrance goes STDM. Rebounds off the side target banks like to go right down the outlane. It’s just a drainy design.

Lower your sling power. Nudge when it’s rolling back down. I have issues when it dribbles out of the pops on the left, but a nudge moves it to the flipper. The targets are dangerous. You can also narrow your outlanes.

#18471 33 days ago

I toned my slings a good bit because of how drainy the game was. The design of those outlane areas just is really wide open and angled that it loves to blast shots right down the outlane drains, and the slings especially seem to shoot right into those deadly target areas.

Pretty much all the ramps in the game if you don't make em, will roll SDTM. Folks say the game is easy but it really isn't, you gotta be aggressive with Elvira *giggity*

#18472 33 days ago
Quoted from Lermods:

Lower your sling power. Nudge when it’s rolling back down. I have issues when it dribbles out of the pops on the left, but a nudge moves it to the flipper. The targets are dangerous. You can also narrow your outlanes.

I lowered the sling power, but there’s a low level where it barely taps the ball, and that’s no fun. When I nudge the power back to still feeling like a sling, it’s back to outlane launches. I narrowed outlanes to the middle, but it doesn’t help this issue. I’ll try all the way down, which I normally never do - but this game needs something to help the hungry drains, especially for casual players like my wife. She loves Elvira, but gets annoyed that she can’t do anything without unfair drains.

#18473 33 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

I lowered the sling power, but there’s a low level where it barely taps the ball, and that’s no fun. When I nudge the power back to still feeling like a sling, it’s back to outlane launches. I narrowed outlanes to the middle, but it doesn’t help this issue. I’ll try all the way down, which I normally never do - but this game needs something to help the hungry drains, especially for casual players like my wife. She loves Elvira, but gets annoyed that she can’t do anything without unfair drains.

Up the balls she gets from 2 to 5 ...er 3 to 5.

#18474 33 days ago
Quoted from Oneironaut:

Up the balls she gets from 2 to 5 ...er 3 to 5.

Nah, even casuals don’t play 5 ball games, that’s bonkers talk.

#18475 33 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

For me the game needs to be perfectly level in order to play right. I had moved the game a while ago and it played extremely hard (which it usually doesn´t). After fine adjusting the pitch left-right it played perfectly again. I love Elvira since I think it has way longer ball times and is easier than most games I´ve had.

#18476 33 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

Here's an issue I had with the left ramp on mine:

It was quite difficult to bend those metal tabs holding the ramp sides on. I should check if the ramp side came loose again.

I never thought of EHOH as drainy. ACDC on the other hand, I thought that game was the absolute worst drain monster!

Rob

#18477 33 days ago

So I went and added this wicked pumpkin I purchased off Etsy and placed it right above the drop target plastic of the cellar. The nearby LED light from the tombstone mod really enhances the mod and gives you more visual appeal when aiming for that drop target IMO.

IMG_3905 (resized).jpegIMG_3905 (resized).jpeg
#18478 32 days ago
Quoted from Indypin:

So I went and added this wicked pumpkin I purchased off Etsy and placed it right above the drop target plastic of the cellar. The nearby LED light from the tombstone mod really enhances the mod and gives you more visual appeal when aiming for that drop target IMO.
[quoted image]

I ordered one to been waiting on it.

#18479 32 days ago
Quoted from Indypin:

[quoted image]

I added flame led into mine

IMG_3940 (resized).jpegIMG_3940 (resized).jpeg
#18480 32 days ago

Pulled the trigger, so now I'm in the owners club! Will post some pics once it's set up.

#18481 30 days ago

The pin can be an ass kicker for sure but once you’re in the groove it’s amazing. Just played Gappa Angry and completed all shots to go into multiball. Wow Just wow, that has to be one of the best programed multiballs ever. The scene integration with the game was done perfectly. Haven’t completed the house yet though, so much fun! Huge shout out to team for making such an awesome game!! RIP Lyman.

#18482 30 days ago
Quoted from JWE:

The pin can be an ass kicker for sure but once you’re in the groove it’s amazing. Just played Gappa Angry and completed all shots to go into multiball. Wow Just wow, that has to be one of the best programed multiballs ever.

Yeah, the later in the game stuff is amazing. That’s why drainy bad games where nothing happens are so demoralizing. But when you’re in the groove and get House Party, Gappa, etc, it f*cking rules.

#18483 30 days ago

Is this the correct plunger for the crypt vuk? I couldn’t find it as a separate piece in the manual.

https://www.pinballlife.com/data-eastsegastern-plunger-with-nylon-extension.html

#18484 30 days ago
Quoted from spludgranks:

I would for sure grab one if others are interested to make it worth your time.

Took me a little bit but I got some done. Thank you for the suggestion.

IMG_5721 (resized).jpegIMG_5721 (resized).jpegIMG_5722 (resized).jpegIMG_5722 (resized).jpeg
#18485 29 days ago

It’s not really in line with the ramp but i guess thats normal? Or is the front post to much on the right?

IMG_7334 (resized).jpegIMG_7334 (resized).jpegIMG_7335 (resized).jpegIMG_7335 (resized).jpeg
#18486 29 days ago
Quoted from Munsters:

It’s not really in line with the ramp but i guess thats normal? Or is the front post to much on the right?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Normal. Mine are always a bit loose as well. The screws don't come out though.

Rob

#18487 29 days ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Normal. Mine are always a bit loose as well. The screws don't come out though.
Rob

I agree, loose yes. You can reposition and tighten but, tis the nature of the beast.

#18488 28 days ago

After only 1 game play today! This High will last me a very long time!! If you have not got to Gappa Angry yet, just wait, as it is the icing on the cake! Wizard mode, not needed, this is EVEN better! I may have only made it to Pool Party, but it was the most satisfying and unbelievable roller coaster! This game will forever be in my collection. 2 haunts completed, 2 deadheads, house party, garage and zombie multi-ball, Gar-Goils Gone Wild, on top of junk in the trunk with Pews! She is and was a beauty to see light up!

IMG_5639 (resized).JPGIMG_5639 (resized).JPG
#18489 28 days ago

Has anyone put Pinlights or Pinstadiums in their BRK? Pics? On the fence if needed or not.

#18490 28 days ago
Quoted from Enchantress:

Has anyone put Pinlights or Pinstadiums in their BRK? Pics? On the fence if needed or not.

I had them in for a bit and really liked the look. But my cabinet is so tight, I had to remove them, couldn't lift the playfield without tearing the tape. But if you have room, put em in. It's the only game I've ever used pinstadiums on, and have had them in all 3 versions I've owned.

#18491 28 days ago
Quoted from Hayfarmer:

I had them in for a bit and really liked the look. But my cabinet is so tight, I had to remove them, couldn't lift the playfield without tearing the tape. But if you have room, put em in. It's the only game I've ever used pinstadiums on, and have had them in all 3 versions I've owned.

Pinlights are an easy removal with the optional "Slim" tracks. They slide right in to the cut below the glass channel and you DO NOT need to use the tape. If you need to remove them and lift the playfield it's exactly 1 second to take them out and the same to reinstall. Not in BRK but rather the standard. You can change your color hue in the app to fit BRK. Mine are set to a cooler purple to match the aesthetic of the Premium color.

Instantly put up my best score after install. You're trading off the ambiance effect created between differing modes, especially in Elvira, for the ability to SEE the ball. In Elvira there are several modes that are incredibly dark and while great for the mood of the game it can make tracking the ball very difficult. Weigh your option which matters most and go for it. They'd quickly install in a different game if Elvira isn't the right fit. I'll likely throw mine in IMDN eventually. Last Pic is a BEFORE.

20240605_100528 (resized).jpg20240605_100528 (resized).jpg20240605_100545 (resized).jpg20240605_100545 (resized).jpg
20240605_090658 (resized).jpg20240605_090658 (resized).jpg

#18492 28 days ago

After bitching about my drainy short games, I had a great game & got a new GC score last nite!

Woohoo! Didn’t get any new achievements - still have a lot of things to go. Haven’t seen Phone-a-Fiend yet, haven’t defeated Creepo, haven’t seen directors cut yet.

IMG_5678 (resized).jpegIMG_5678 (resized).jpeg
#18493 28 days ago
Quoted from stlkevin02:

Took me a little bit but I got some done. Thank you for the suggestion.

Nice!

#18494 27 days ago
Quoted from Rarehero:

After bitching about my drainy short games, I had a great game & got a new GC score last nite!
Woohoo! Didn’t get any new achievements - still have a lot of things to go. Haven’t seen Phone-a-Fiend yet, haven’t defeated Creepo, haven’t seen directors cut yet.
[quoted image]

What about "they came from outer space"? That's one of my favorites.

#18495 27 days ago
Quoted from Jagrmaister:

Pinlights are an easy removal with the optional "Slim" tracks. They slide right in to the cut below the glass channel and you DO NOT need to use the tape. If you need to remove them and lift the playfield it's exactly 1 second to take them out and the same to reinstall. Not in BRK but rather the standard. You can change your color hue in the app to fit BRK. Mine are set to a cooler purple to match the aesthetic of the Premium color.
Instantly put up my best score after install. You're trading off the ambiance effect created between differing modes, especially in Elvira, for the ability to SEE the ball. In Elvira there are several modes that are incredibly dark and while great for the mood of the game it can make tracking the ball very difficult. Weigh your option which matters most and go for it. They'd quickly install in a different game if Elvira isn't the right fit. I'll likely throw mine in IMDN eventually. Last Pic is a BEFORE.
[quoted image]

I like the purple. Are those the ultra slim or just standard Pinlights?

#18496 27 days ago
Quoted from JohnnyCage:

I like the purple. Are those the ultra slim or just standard Pinlights?

Ultra slim.

#18497 27 days ago
Quoted from CoolCatPinball:

What about "they came from outer space"? That's one of my favorites.

I’ve gotten there once, but not on this last game.

#18498 27 days ago

Alright, away from machine problems and onto topper problems.

First issue, since I got the topper (NIB), when it’s on full brightness during attract mode and in game the main led strip strobes. Seems like a voltage issue. When it’s in test mode on full brightness it does not do it. Anyone experienced this?

Second issue, my coffin lid started to sag more and more opening about halfway after a week. I opened it up and saw the retaining screw in the armature that clamps onto the lid rod was loose. I went to go tighten the retaining screw and it completely fell out, and it’s completely stripped where it’s supposed to go. Anyone have part number for this piece?

IMG_0449 (resized).jpegIMG_0449 (resized).jpeg
#18499 26 days ago

Has anyone had to replace this post? The thread broke on mine and I’m not sure where to replace it? Thanks

IMG_5361 (resized).jpegIMG_5361 (resized).jpeg
#18500 26 days ago
Quoted from spludgranks:

Anyone have part number for this piece?

I found the part number for the piece I needed, luckily Stern is sending me via warranty. In case someone needs it's called a pivot link and it's part # 515-2174-00

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
12,000 (OBO)
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Cento Creations

9,999 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Linn Creek, MO
$ 99.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 200.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Led Pinball

$ 65.00
$ 18.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Cabinet - Other
Pyramid Pinball & Arcade

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 12.95
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 34.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pin Modster

$ 26.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 25.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinEffects

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
J&K pinball

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 10,499.99
Pinball Machine
Pinball Pro

$ 36.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

There are 18,628 posts in this topic. You are on page 370 of 373.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.